Speaker 1: Well, it's a Thursday morning. There is footy tonight. We've grown a customed to the Crows and foot playing on Thursdays, but with the release of the fixture, that is to be no more. But it does mean Ryan Fitzgerald joins us this morning as we go through the weekends, footy get his tips and all the excitement for the rest of the forty season.
Speaker 2: Morning the fitty, sweet.
Speaker 3: Sweet goodness, Pemba, thanks for having me.
Speaker 2: Boys, Have you recovered from all the excitement of the draw? Had you ever seen the Crows draw before? Were you at either the Collingwood game or the Saints game the previous two?
Speaker 3: No, no, I wasn't there.
Speaker 4: But it's just a hollow feeling, isn't it. I mean, such a close game. It was what I do love that now we're getting into moments. Brisbane hit the lead and they went three goals.
Speaker 3: Up in that last quarter and you thought we're gone here.
Speaker 4: But we slowly fight our way out of it. Now that's a promising sign. But then you know, there were moments where we were a couple of goals up and I thought we're off here. Yeah, but it was a great game. It was it was it was a Brillian game. I feel like I'm starting I've always been a traditionalist, but I'm starting to move over to I think it would be great. Three minutes at either end and it's still a draw. It's the next point wins. I would love to see that.
Speaker 2: Will's Will's very much implacably opposed. He's keep the draw, keep the draw.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the game of footy is at length of a game of footy the results.
Speaker 4: I do love tradition, but we had this game has moved on so much, so Will.
Speaker 3: This is the thing.
Speaker 4: We have modernized it and moved with the times. Why can't we modernize something like that.
Speaker 1: I don't think it's a problem that needs fixing.
Speaker 2: A few times I Sunday look like that abolish to holding the ball rule, that's my gosh.
Speaker 4: Well there was I went and a couple of game a couple of weeks ago. I went and got myself a pie and a beer and someone got tackled just before it.
Speaker 3: And when I came back, they were still in the tackle and no pride. I couldn't believe it. And it was the next quarter as well.
Speaker 1: I was.
Speaker 4: It is amazing. Okay, so the fixture has just been released as well, and a lot of people are blowing up that Crows only get the one Friday night game.
Speaker 3: Port Adelaide get a couple. Is that correct?
Speaker 4: Yep?
Speaker 3: I think Port Adelaide have earned the right.
Speaker 4: But you know, I just unfortunately for us, we had our opportunity this year.
Speaker 3: This is Crows.
Speaker 4: I'm talking about Round two Geelong at home, just made so many mistakes. Round three on Friday against Freeo at Optus.
Speaker 3: Remember that one dire Oh that was die.
Speaker 4: And then the week after we back it up with another Friday against Melbourne at home and made so many mistakes. Unfortunately, we lost our right in those three rounds to play any home games on a Friday night.
Speaker 2: Yep, it feels like the first four weeks of the story of the season. Sadly it is. We've just some miracle occurs.
Speaker 4: You got to look, look, we're in a great We've the last five games we've only lost one game, you know, three wins in a draw, so we are clawing our way back. But yeah, it's unfortunately, you know when we get given Friday night games and these Thursday I mean the Showdown. Don't get me wrong, the Showdown was such a well, it was a masterpiece, not just in South Australia but all around Australia. I think everyone agrees that that is worthy of a Thursday Night. I cannot believe that there's no more Thursday night games though after round third Ey.
Speaker 3: The audience is just it's there.
Speaker 4: And I understand you're not going to have a blockbuster every Thursday night, but you know people have just been.
Speaker 1: It's become part of the week, hasn't. It's become part of the rhythm of life. Yeah, I'm with you. I hate seeing the Thursday's disappear.
Speaker 2: Well, we've got one tonight, FITZI Gold Coast versus the Cats, who do you like?
Speaker 4: The Cats have to bounce back at some stage, So I'm going to go the Cats to win that one.
Speaker 2: Now, this is going to be massive. Although you think sitting you in the box, seed at home Swans and Carlton tomorrow night, this.
Speaker 4: Is going this is going to be an unbelievable game because I think Carlton are back into some form, but to travel up to the SCG is going to be tough for him.
Speaker 3: So I'm going to go the Swans there.
Speaker 2: Now, one of the toughest asks in for the Crows traveling to the mcg in front of seventy odd thousand feral Collingwood supporters, Are we a chance?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: Look?
Speaker 4: Unfortunately we are getting Collingwood when they are at their peak best, and they are playing some amazing football at the moment.
Speaker 3: They've got their mojo back.
Speaker 4: So look, if they are a little bit off like they were at the start of the year, I would have backed the Crows, but I can't.
Speaker 3: I got a bit. I've got a tip with my head and I'm going to go the Pies now.
Speaker 2: GWS have been struggling a bit, but the Bulldogs. Are they a chance in Sydney?
Speaker 3: No, they're not.
Speaker 2: Not.
Speaker 4: At MG Stadium, GWS played really well there, so the Giants will win.
Speaker 2: That Saints freo god, this is a tough game.
Speaker 3: Because the Saints are just I I'm actually going to go a bit of an up. Yeah, the Saints have gone.
Speaker 4: I just I don't know what's happened to them, and you can actually tell by ross Lyn's body language that he's just He's got no explanation for it as well. So I'm going to go the Dockers to beat the Saints at Marvel Stadium.
Speaker 2: Brisbane playing a dollar six to beat Richmond the Cava.
Speaker 3: That's an easy. There's there's some easy.
Speaker 4: The next three games, four games we're going to go through a quite easy Brisbane will win that one.
Speaker 2: The Essendon playing a dollar five to be the Kangaroos.
Speaker 4: At Marveaue Bombers will win that convincingly.
Speaker 3: Port and the Hawks that's at Aelaide.
Speaker 4: Hawks are playing good footy though, that'll be closer than you think.
Speaker 3: But port Our later win that.
Speaker 2: And then in the west around it out West Coast versus Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and West Coast are playing a lot better as well. But the D's are playing some great footage whole game. Melbourne, good on your fifty.
Speaker 2: Thanks mate. We'll do it all again next week.
Speaker 1: David Penberthy and Will Goodings six to line five double a breakfast