Speaker 1: On scorn lits Oscodia.
Speaker 2: This is the Reader Paney Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the Reader Paney Show.
Speaker 4: Coming up tonight, a special interview with former New South Wales Police Minister and Assistant Commissioner on the Cronulla Riots, The truth behind that infamous moment in Australian history. The ABC spending record amounts of your money despite the audience numbers are shrinking.
Speaker 3: I'll speak to you for a McQueen about that.
Speaker 4: US President Joe Biden refers to half the country as garbage. Army Horowitz will join me with the latest from the US and of course left he's losing it.
Speaker 5: My biggest ops are on love Trump Trump absolutely so will you wake up and think about her?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Constantly every day? Do you go to sleep and think about it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Every day?
Speaker 3: Sounds a little in love.
Speaker 4: Let's start with Opposition leader Peter Darton calling on the Prime Minister to refer himself to the National Anti Corruption Commission over the free Quentas flight upgrades He's solicited and he also questioned whether Albanese's relationship with Kontes and Alan Joyce, the former CEO, may have influenced his government's decision to stop Qatar Airways from running additional Australian flights. The question remains, did Anthony Albanesi, as Minister for Transport breach the Ministerial Code of Conduct.
Speaker 8: Well, certainly on the face of reading the Gillard government to minister or Code of Conduct, the Prime Minister has breached that by his own admission. I think it's a matter that should be referred by the Prime Minister. I think the Prime Minister should take the initiative to refer this matter to the Integrity Commission because I think there are lots of questions about mister Albenze's credibility and his integrity in relation to the Qatar decision.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more on this.
Speaker 4: As Sky News contributor Pro McSwain prou the Qatar decision may come back to haunt Anthony Alberaneasi. It was a decision that was hugely beneficial for quantas, but you can make the argument it hurt Australian travelers who are paying more for airfares in part due to the lack of competition.
Speaker 9: Well, Rita, that's what made Chip's all about.
Speaker 10: You scratch each other's back, and you look after each other and you know, who cares if the traveling public's going to pay more. Look, there's no doubt in anyone's mind that he's on thin ice. That the Prime Minister has, on the face of it, breached the Code of Standards. You know, three point one point eight clearly says you cannot solicit you know, benefits for yourself or your family, and one would expect that that will come out eventually.
Speaker 9: He's lost all authority and that's his problem. Now there's no credibility.
Speaker 10: There's even memes going around, can we upgrade our PA?
Speaker 9: You know, they've already hit the ground.
Speaker 10: He once actually accused Scott Morrison of being tarnished by his own hubris. Well, we're looking at that right now with this Prime Minister. He's compromised his position, he's compromised the traveling public and frankly he should I believe he's going to survive this.
Speaker 9: Report himself to the NACC.
Speaker 10: He needs to come clean and either fall on his sword if it's proven that he has breached the code, or at least show that he's a man.
Speaker 9: You know, man up. Stop trying to off escape and worm your way out of it. You're just looking ridiculous.
Speaker 3: True, You're so right.
Speaker 4: It shows a sense of entitlement here from the Prime Minister and it challenges this entire brand he's built around himself of being this down to earth, relatable man who grew up in public housing and understands the concerns of everyday Australian's dealing with cost of living crisis, dealing with a housing crisis, and then in the space of two weeks pro we've had him buy a beach house for over four million dollars, not very relatable, and now this, and this is arguably far worse because at least the beach house was his own money. This is him benefiting from freebies thanks to his position.
Speaker 9: Well, it's talking to his poor judgment too, you know.
Speaker 10: Is he that out of touch now and so enamored of his role that he thinks he can get away with these things? You know, it's just he clearly is not taking any advice and if he is, maybe it's from charmers.
Speaker 9: Who's after his job, because this is a good way for charmers to be marching into the PM role. You know, I really can't help but feel that Alban.
Speaker 10: Eazy won't recover from this I think he's a dead man walking when it comes to being PM, or in fact being re elected under the Labor Party. So you know, there's a lot more to play in this and the Libs are not going to let it go away.
Speaker 9: He's tried to distract it with the.
Speaker 10: You know, bringing the COVID report out a couple of days earlier. He thinks, nothing to see here, look over here. We're not that stupid.
Speaker 9: We're not going to let this go and he's going to be accountable.
Speaker 7: Now.
Speaker 4: The Victorian government's war against property investors continues.
Speaker 3: Not only have they.
Speaker 4: Hiked up land tax, imposed a raft of onerous conditions on landlords, and stripped away property owners' rights, and that is set to intensify further prough with six fresh reforms set to be written into law over the next twelve months. Landlords will lose the right to choose who lives in their properties. Essentially, they can't just evict tenants unless they have damaged property, failed to pay rent, or if the owner needs somewhere to live and has to move back. You can't just choose who's going to live in your property, which seems incredible to me.
Speaker 3: There will also be banned.
Speaker 4: From having tenants pay penalties for breaking their lease. The maximum a tenant will have to pay is four weeks rent even if they break a twelve week or twelve month rental agreement. All of these measures pro just add up to making it less attractive for mom and dad investors to enter the property market in Victoria. And it means the pull of rental properties is going to shrink further.
Speaker 3: And push up rents.
Speaker 4: So though this is supposed to help renters, I think in the end, it's going to hurt them.
Speaker 9: Well, it really is. You know, who would be an investor in Victoria? Now? You know it's the politics of envy.
Speaker 10: And you have this ridiculous claim that they're going to build more houses. Well maybe the intention is, but whereas everybody going to rent in the interim while this goes on and frankly with the CFME, you are running right down there and everywhere. You know, we will see if those houses get built. But why would anyone invest when you think that a lot of the people who are investors are just ordinary mum and dads Australians who've worked hard, either tradeesh've got their own business, who just want to or school teachers, people who just want a little nest egg when they retire. They're not these you know, die hard, lethal landlords who are there to screw over the tenant. You know, I had investment properties and the tenants that look after them, you love them. You don't want to lose those people. The last thing you do is treat them with contempt. But in this case, you know, Victoria I think was leading the wave.
Speaker 9: We're investment properties.
Speaker 10: You're going to be one of the last states I believe that will have people wanting to park their money there.
Speaker 4: It's too risky, oh absolutely. And there are biased advocates leading bias advocates who have told their clients do not invest in Victoria because this war against property investors. It's a real thing, and there is a reason why so many are selling up, and it's really putting a strain on the rental market. And you feel sorry for the renters who have no option but to rent. When there's not that many properties left to rent, the prices go up. Now let's talk about the ABC. The twenty twenty four annual report has just been released and the public broadcaster spent a record amount one point one to three billion in taxpayer funds over the last financial year. The government is budgeting for them to spent even more this financial year, despite the fact that their audience is plummeting prove and I do wonder where the accountability is here. The ABC only generated around one hundred million in revenue last year.
Speaker 10: Well what's our ROI you know, And whenever you're investing in anything, you have to think what is my return? And frankly, as one of the people paying.
Speaker 9: For the ABC activists, you know, I want my money back.
Speaker 10: You know, we have this situation where you know, they're saying that they've done a lot of job cuts and frankly, a lot of those people you wouldn't feed, let alone put near a microphone. But they must be running out of activist journalists to actually employ, because you know, it's just ridiculous that you have this situation where the national broadcaster is so predictable, not reflecting what Australians want to see, and hear losing audiences like crazy, and we keep.
Speaker 9: Throwing money at them.
Speaker 10: There is no accountability clearly, and governments, consecutive governments of the Limbs as well, have not had the guts to say, okay, we're going to sell you off, privatize you, or you can and you can become a streaming service from McSwain.
Speaker 3: Thanks for your time tonight.
Speaker 4: Now I'm looking forward to this next interview with a former police minister and police commander that may change how you view the Cronulla riots. That infamous episode in two thousand and five is one we all recall. It's a shameful incident in Australia's history, instantly recognizable as one of racism and violence against the Middle Eastern community.
Speaker 11: It was billed as the day Cronulla residents would take back the beaches, but it soon turned into a riot. Thousands of police officers used battens and capsican spray to control an angry mob that had gathered at Coronella Railway station. Hords of angry youths had been tearing around Cronulla all day looking for a fight. Their target anyone of Middle Eastern appearance where they claim have been harassing locals at the beach.
Speaker 4: But that narrative is far from the full story, and a new book sheds further light on what really happened and what preceded and followed the Cronulla Riots, written by former New South Wales police minister Carl Scully and former Assistant Commissioner Mark Goodwin the Cronulla Riots. The Inside Story details the true motivations behind the riots and exposes the previously unspoken of revenge at tax planned by some men of Middle Eastern appearance that were ultimately foiled. Kyl Scully and Mark Goodwin join me now. Carl, I'll start with you. You were police minister. You threatened to put army troops on the streets unless police numbers were boosted significantly. Tell me about the volatility of that period and why you've written this book.
Speaker 12: Well, firstly, we were getting frightening intelligence. Certainly Mark Goodwin was passing it on to me, and I did not feel a commissioner was treating it seriously. After the initial protests on the eleventh of December two thousand and five, he was allocating six hundred troops at six hundred police. I didn't think that was enough, and so with my nudging and instigation and threatening to bring soldiers in, he increased that to two thousand.
Speaker 6: Combined with the police.
Speaker 12: Powers that we extended in a parliamentary sitting just some four days after the initial event, and all of the special branch branches available, special commands available, police were able to quell descent and bring order back to the streets and suburbs of Sydney.
Speaker 4: Mark Were these rights entirely about race? Was it a race based conflict? And tell me about some of the more serious payback plots that were uncovered and ultimately foiled.
Speaker 13: Certainly Rita, we would say the actual causal factor of the riots was in civility on the beach. There was groups of young men coming from the western suburbs down there and there was a lot of misogynistic comments made to young girls. There was gangs, There was incidents in the car park, there was incidents in the mall at Cronulla and built up over a long period of time. There was this disquiet that became a community outrage. With the assault and the lifeguards, that was pretty much the flashpoint. What's been reported over the years and the narrative written, I suppose what pushed by academics is only focused on the daytime events at Cronulla, where certainly there was racism, there was racist slogans, there was racism used.
Speaker 6: But what we say is that there was a lot of sprookers.
Speaker 13: In the crowd that day. They didn't come from the Carnella area. They were driven by racism, they were driven by white supremacy, and I think a lot of the young people down there from the area and also outside the area really lost their way and we spected them later and they also they don't know what overtok their heads that day, but.
Speaker 6: What really occurred.
Speaker 13: The journalists went home, there was a lot of stuff in the evening news about what occurred, which enraged the people from the western suburbs. Then we had these massive revenge attacks which literally went for weeks, and the intelligence we had over those period of time was absolutely frightening. I mean, there was entire suburbs destroyed, broken windows, cars smashed, people being baseball battered, stabbed, gunshots fired, churches burnt down, and it seems over the years that that's sort of the site of the riots has been almost forgotten about. And some of the intelligence that we had, including a hand grenade attack and drive by shooting with machine guns on a hotel at Cronulla which was foiled, and certainly another massive attack that was going to occur at Westfields at Miranda that was foiled. These incidents just seemed to have disappeared into obscurity over.
Speaker 12: The years aps if I could add to that retail. If you google any photo or videographic evidence of the riots, ninety nine percent is a bunch of marauding and abreated white guys wandering around looking for Arabic others to bash, and so academic social commentators developed a truth that the Southern Shire was a racist Caucasian enclave. We challenged that truth because the evidence is quite to the contrary. As Mark outlined, there were far more violent and just as biggoted and racist elements in response. But we challenge what inspired the events, and we conclude that whilst it was racist and bigoted on the surface, little of it was motivated by racism. There were other factors at play, and that's what is the central part of our book.
Speaker 4: Well, tell me a bit more about those other factors. You mentioned that they had to badly behaved men terrorizing young women on the beach, making comments that were unacceptable. What other incidents led up to that upliness exploding?
Speaker 12: This invites a broader question where we challenge our celebration of multiculturalism, and we conclude that most people like to have order and sameness, and we should search for what we have in common rather than overly celebrate our difference. And what happened on the beach we call it the towel versus the soccer ball folks weren't wrong, just different communities having different notions of how to use the beach and what was pretty uncivil behavior. I have no doubt if Caucasian surfers traveled to outside the mosque in Lakember and use similar misogynistic language, there would have been a riot then, so uncivil behavior, misogynistic attitudes, using the beach in an unfriendly way. But if it was about Caucasian and Arabic supremacism, then this would not have gone away and never to return, so it invites a greater scrutiny. There was deep seated racism between different parts of Sydney. It would have constantly come back every second weekend. And one of the things that fascinated is Rita is when we interviewed a number of Lebanese Muslims, they told us they grew up on Cronulla Beach every weekend, some of them for decades, and they never had an issue ever until this short period came and went. So it invited a greater scrutiny than just looking at the videographic and photographic evidence that you've just displayed earlier, because you look at it reata and I think, my goodness, that's shocking, and it was shocking, but so were the revenge attacks multiplied by five that has Mark alluded to. We see little of.
Speaker 2: Oh.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, there has been this very simplistic narrative that's taken hold and it's one that the media likes. It ticks all the boxes of their worldview and that's what they've pushed.
Speaker 9: Mark.
Speaker 4: What is the biggest misconception about the rights that you like this book to correct? Is it what preceded it or the enormous incidents of violence that followed that really didn't get the coverage they deserve.
Speaker 2: Read.
Speaker 13: I think history has been skewed over the years, as we've already pointed out, by the fact that there was so much build up of media leading up to the day that I think every journalist in Sydney turned up at Cronulla on the day and then, to be quite frank with you, may I was there. And history's been written by people that weren't participants, but the journalists that were there during the day. Halfway through the day looked though they were very despondent looks on their face. They were going to go back to their editors and be sacked because they had nothing to report. And then as the afternoon and the alcohol war on, there were certainly incidents which were captured by one hundred cameras from every different angle.
Speaker 6: Which is all the footage.
Speaker 13: And as Carla's indicated, if you google, Coronella writes, now that's all you will see is these images from the daytime. Then that media packed decided it was all every and went home. Weeks afterwards, the police dealt with these massive risk, higher risk, extreme risk actually revenge attacks that were popping up all over Sydney, and some of them outlined already.
Speaker 6: So I think it's important that we'd.
Speaker 13: Certainly like to see this book as the go to reference now because it was a written by participants and b it is a factual account of the actual incidents and the truth of what occurred in the build up on the day and also in the post events.
Speaker 2: I think read a lot.
Speaker 4: Of good police officers were hurt during that period, They were smeared, defamed. Do you hope this book's going to restore the good names of those police members whose reputations were really damaged during that period.
Speaker 6: I hope so.
Speaker 12: Firstly, Sergeant Craig Campbell outside the Cronulla Railway station.
Speaker 6: That footage was real.
Speaker 12: He protected the lives of two people who were under attack and lives being threatened. Superintendent John Richardson, who did an enormous effort outside the lakember Mosque to calm tensions. Mark Goodwin was one of the best senior executives I ever had the pleasure of working with, and certainly during my time as Police Minister. He did everything a senior police officer who could be asked to do to restore order in Sydney's probably most troubling period. What was his reward He lost his career. Craig Campbell accused of excessive force. John Richardson abused on the Four Corners program because he didn't stop the convoy.
Speaker 6: So I don't think the public.
Speaker 12: Fully appreciate fix could have been a war on the streets of Sydney if likes of Mark goodwhen his commanders had not crushed the descent before it emanated from certain suburbs of Sydney.
Speaker 6: It was as.
Speaker 12: Good and fine police work as I've ever seen, but it doesn't get any credit. Nobody knows about it because all I saw was this report that condemned that performance without much justification.
Speaker 4: Mark Goodwin, Carl Scully, thank you so much for your time this evening.
Speaker 3: Really appreciate it.
Speaker 6: Thank you, thank you for your time.
Speaker 4: Still to come, Lefties losing it class Joe Biden labels half the country human garbage.
Speaker 3: Ami Horowitz, we'll join the next.
Speaker 4: Welcome back. Now it's time for lefties losing it. So let's check in with the leader of the free world. Remember him, the man who is currently president allegedly, the man who has, with Kamala Harris, seen the country plunged into an illegal immigration crisis at cost of living crisis.
Speaker 3: The dude who talks about fascist even as.
Speaker 4: He tries to bankrupt and imprison his chief political opponents. Well, here is President Joe Biden calling half of America, half of the country, human garbage.
Speaker 14: Or Puerto Rico where I'm in my home state of Delaware. They're good, decent, honorable people. The only garbage ac float down there is his supporters.
Speaker 4: Yep, they're still having a meltdown about a little joke told by Tony Hinchcliff, not by Trump, by the way, Trump didn't say.
Speaker 3: The joke, and the media is fanning the flames.
Speaker 4: They spend more time on this nothing joke than they did on the Trump assassination attempts.
Speaker 3: They're scared.
Speaker 4: That's why the Kamala campaign is faltering badly.
Speaker 3: They are getting increasingly desperate.
Speaker 4: And this is despite the fact that the Harris campaign is outspending Trump and the Republicans by a huge margin, spending more than three times the Republicans last month. But the message is faltering. Could it be because their candidate is uniquely hopeless?
Speaker 3: What's here?
Speaker 4: As Kamala takes a jubil moment at a rally where everyone is chanting her name and completely kills the vibe.
Speaker 3: Then she laughs hysterically for some reason. Now I want to inter you to show your own name.
Speaker 15: Do that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, that works really well.
Speaker 4: As for the ads and celebrity endorsements, while they continue to be cringe, here is I want to be first husband Doug and knock them up, knock them out m off starring in an ad with Doc Rivers. Watch this and you'll understand why the Democrats have a man problem.
Speaker 5: It does.
Speaker 16: You're going to travel across all these we stays, right, You're going to make sure this folks know the com it's going to take care of all of them.
Speaker 2: Just like you take care of a proton.
Speaker 16: Yeah, Tony, you have to make sure everyone knows they come, it's going to support their families. Wes, You're going to make sure everyone know the karma and the perfective government partner you got to complete and all of you you must head to I will vote dot com to make your plan to vote to vote for Conna.
Speaker 3: I'm convinced that's just so bad.
Speaker 4: And if you thought that was bad, take a look at these lefties losing and the Democrat groups who have released a pro pornography ad showing a man masturbating to an X rated clip. Then he's interrupted by a Republican who apparently is going to ban porn under the Trump administration.
Speaker 3: This is what pure desperation looks like, folks.
Speaker 4: And I can't show you the full ad because it's obscene.
Speaker 17: Oh sorry, you can't do that.
Speaker 3: What the hell, man, how'd you get in here?
Speaker 17: I'm your Republican congressman. Now that we're in charge, we're banning born nationwide.
Speaker 6: You can't tell me what to do. Get out of my bedroom retreat.
Speaker 17: I won the last election, so it's my decision. I'm just going to watch and make sure you don't finish illegally.
Speaker 4: Oh dear, yeah, I can see what I have a man problem. But there are white dudes for Kamala. A lot of them need help. Check out this one broken by Trump derangement syndrome.
Speaker 2: See your biggest obstacle in life right now?
Speaker 6: My biggest obstacle in love Trump?
Speaker 2: Trump?
Speaker 6: Absolutely So will you wake up and think about it?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 6: Constantly?
Speaker 2: Every day?
Speaker 6: Do you go to sleep and think about it?
Speaker 5: Yes?
Speaker 7: Every day?
Speaker 6: Are you in love with him? I hate his guts?
Speaker 4: Here is another white dude for Kamala, triggered by a Veterans for Trump sign.
Speaker 3: Watch what he does for to this.
Speaker 18: Yard sign that reads Veterans for Trump. Abruptly kicks it and wanders off. A minute later, he's back again, his eyes focused on the home. Then, just after six, our friend returns a third time, something yellow in his hand, a piece of paper he leaves in the mailbox.
Speaker 4: And the low life isn't done yet, not content with seemingly stalking the house and kicking the sign. He left this note for the man who is risking his life for America.
Speaker 17: As it talks about how I was a disgrace to my country and a discrease to.
Speaker 19: The US military because of my choice and candidate. And you know, at the very end of the letter he actually tells me to go to hell.
Speaker 4: That's the tolerant, inclusive left for you, folks, that's down in Florida. Can you imagine how triggered that guy is going to be after election day.
Speaker 9: Let's hear it.
Speaker 4: Now from the woman herself. We need more Carmala in our lives. She's doing more interviews these days, and that means we're getting more incoherent gibberish like.
Speaker 20: This, knowing that we also have the honor and the duty of excelling in every way possible, being able to see what is possible and not be burdened by other people's limited ability to see the same.
Speaker 4: I guess she can always go back to calling Trump a fascist. Perhaps in citing another assassination attempt.
Speaker 21: You called Donald Trump a fascist. The top Republicans in Congress have called on you to tone down your rhetoric. They say it's quote irresponsible anti Trump rhetoric, and they're saying what you're doing could invite another assassination attempt against Donald Trump.
Speaker 3: How would you respond to that?
Speaker 22: Well, first of all, I condemn any political violence of any sort against anyone, but again, don't take it from me.
Speaker 4: Meanwhile, Donald Trump doesn't have to spend anywhere near as much as Democrats when he's got folks on social media taking his words and sending them to music like this.
Speaker 3: This is the latest viral sensation.
Speaker 6: Joe Biden is asleep, Kamala.
Speaker 7: Is that a dance party with Beyonce Beyonce, Beyonce, Beyonce, Beyonce.
Speaker 3: Beyonce, he is he?
Speaker 7: Dance party would beyond saying dance party would bead saying dance party would bead saying dance party would beyond saying, beyond saying, beyond saying, beyond saying, beyond say party with beyond saying, beyond saying, to beyond saying, beyond.
Speaker 1: Says party with the anti saying dance party with beyond saying, dance party with beyond saying he dance party with beanti saying dance party with beyond saying, dance party with beyond saying, dance party with beyond say, beyond saying, beyond saying, dance party with beyond saying, beyond saying, dance party with beyond saying, beyond say, dance party with bead saying dance party with beyond say, beyond saying, beyond saying, beyond saying, beyond say party would beyond saying, beyond saying.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more?
Speaker 19: Is it?
Speaker 3: Filmmaker and commentator Army Horowitz.
Speaker 4: Army, a political peddle on CNN, has had an almighty meltdown over a joke made by a conservative commentator, Ryan Gardowski at He made the joke towards a pro Palestinian journalist, Mehdi Hassan. This is a man who calls half the country Nazis. But apparently that's fine. But when a conservative makes a joke about a pager going off, let's see the reaction.
Speaker 3: Let's see the absolute meltdown.
Speaker 6: If you don't want to be called Nazis, stop.
Speaker 2: People by me.
Speaker 21: I never call you an.
Speaker 2: I mean, I'm not saying her saying I'm a set of the Palestinians. I'm used to it. Well, I hope your paper doesn't go off the thing is is that you should know you should be killed.
Speaker 4: Of course, he goes straight into victim mode, interpreting the comment as some sort.
Speaker 3: Of a death threat.
Speaker 4: He did say, I hope your beeper doesn't go off. He didn't want it to explode.
Speaker 3: And the hysteria.
Speaker 4: Continued nine ones today.
Speaker 2: And so this is this is America.
Speaker 9: Forget the racism.
Speaker 2: That's which I should die. She said, what does mean? Don't give me? What did you say?
Speaker 9: People?
Speaker 2: What did you mean by the beeper? What did you said?
Speaker 3: Doesn't at least have.
Speaker 6: The guts to support your racist com.
Speaker 20: I'm so sorry, but I will tell you I don't accept that apology.
Speaker 8: And you don't even stay Its fine, that's what is disgusting.
Speaker 3: But I can be offended when you don't even stand to me.
Speaker 6: I'm not Puerto Rican, but I was offended by what.
Speaker 2: He said yesterday.
Speaker 4: The hyperbole is off the charts. That Loan Conservative was taken off and now Army has been banned from seeing it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, first of all, Rita, I sure hope that Rita Patty extended Danzo mix that I saw before I was gonna make it on air. So I like what I like the moves that I saw Rita. And by the way, for my TikTok gen Z fans out there, I want before I start, I want to say thank you Beyonce. I don't want to die, all right? Moving on Mehdi Hassad, Yes, why was Mehdi Hassan Manie Assad is a man Just so we have some context here, right, he was. He was fired from MSNBC. Not because he was a Katari funded mouthpiece for the Hama supporting regime. No, he was fired because he had horrible ratings. He was no Rita Pannehy when it came to the ratings, that's for sure, that's for certain. But yes, like you alluded to before, prior to that exchange, he went on and said essentially said that every Republican fifty percent of this country are fascist and Nazis. I would take offense to that, and of course Kodorski did because he is one of them. So he was essentially be called a Nazi by this guy. Now what do I think he's guilty of? Okay, it was a lame joke, for sure. It wasn't really a propose for CNN. Also, I know Gary was coming from he was upset. It was a heated exchange. And by the way, many a son not exactly a shrinking violet when it comes to attacking his opponents, right, so let's be clear about that. And then of course the reaction by CNN, of course was over the top, right, they had to come with a statement, but they said, hey, we don't accept bigotry, we don't want crossing the line of civility.
Speaker 4: And that hypocrisy is just so blatant. Like he said, he caught half the country fascist. That's fine, there's no problem with that. But they lose their minds over that little joke by Tony Hinchcliff about Puerto Rico.
Speaker 3: They're still talking about.
Speaker 4: That, and this joke about a beaper going off apparently is the worst thing that's ever happened on CNN, just on that Puerto Rico joke, which is still I can't believe I'm still hearing about it.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden has.
Speaker 4: Responded by calling half of America garbage.
Speaker 14: Or Puerto Rico. Where I'm in my home state of Delaware, they're good, decent, honorable people. The only garbage I see floating down there is his supporters.
Speaker 4: Joe isn't really helping camalaor in these moments.
Speaker 3: Is he mia. Do you think he realizes that he's doing.
Speaker 4: Damage to her cause at times? Or is it just a lucky accident. He has no idea what's happening?
Speaker 2: Does he He didn't realize anything? Come on, look, first of all, one comment, he's the president of the United States. You see the framing on that. I mean, who like It's like, literally, they're gonna use Sky News Australia's tech people. Those guys are first class. It's like he just sat there, no lighting, right, just no mic just threw the laptop up. Was horrible. No, here's a no anything. And finally I gotta say, I.
Speaker 3: Kind of like nice timing your great grandpa.
Speaker 2: Yes, oh no, great Grandpa's much I'm sure much more technical, savvy and competent than uncle joke. Look, Rita, at this point, I gotta blame you for elder abuse. Can you stop it? Can you leave the poor man alone? But you could you just told me what he said. The only reason I had to trust you because I couldn't understand the word he was saying. I listened to that clip five times. I had to slow it down. The guy cannot put a sentence together. It's terrible. Now, look, I know he was ripping on the garbage joke right by Puerto Rico and Hingecliff. I mean, look, was it a mistake to bring Hingecliff on? Of course it was, But he is an insult comic. It's what he does for a living. That joke was not out of bounds relative to what he normally says.
Speaker 7: This is.
Speaker 2: In fact, it was kind of tame Hinchle. That's kind of what he does for a living. Do I like it? Not particularly, certainly, not for an event like that. But at the end of the day, beyond the joke itself was watch a God. I got so much joy watching the media trying to make this a new cycle. Right. They spent an entire week talking about this. They were squeezing. So the trasque is much juice from a lemon that was essentially dry. But it's hilarious. Whitman do it? Yes? This is the party, the Democratic Party that calls for civility right calling half the country garbage. That's very civil, thanks Uncle Joe.
Speaker 4: They have tried to get mileage out of this joke. You know what I actually do like Tony Hinchcliff. I love his involvement in the Tom Brady roast. That was brutal, that was funny. I don't think it was a mistake. I don't see Latino as some hyper sensitive group that are going to change their vote based on a joke some dude, mate. It wasn't a joke that Trump utteroned he was from. And George Lopez made even a more offensive joke, arguably at a Kamala rally just a few days ago, suggesting that all Mexicans are thieves. I didn't see any meltdown after that at Now. I know you've been out there talking to people yourself, army, you hit the streets with your camera, and this time you're asking people to explain Kamala's speeches. So you would read out word for word what she has said and see if they could understand it.
Speaker 2: And you tell me, what the hell she's trying to say?
Speaker 18: Is that Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: Yes, on top of everything else that we know and don't know, get based on what we've just been able to see. And because we've seen it or not doesn't mean it just happens for us at every moment in time, and certainly this one. To see the moment in time in which we exist in are present and to be able to contextualize it, to understand it. Will we exist in the history and the moment as it relates not with the past but the future. Do you want me to repeat.
Speaker 4: That you did try your best? But the good folk of Malcolm X Boulevard in Harlem couldn't decipher what Kamala was trying to say.
Speaker 2: Can you understand what she's trying to say?
Speaker 7: No?
Speaker 3: Yeah, for experiences?
Speaker 4: He tell me what you're trying to say?
Speaker 2: It might have been.
Speaker 6: I don't even know what that even means. You're Jewish?
Speaker 2: Oh wow, you're married?
Speaker 19: You know?
Speaker 14: Are you dating.
Speaker 2: Army?
Speaker 4: You're not supposed to use these vox pops to to drop up personal business for your dating life.
Speaker 3: That's not the point. But tell me about the experience there. What's the mood there?
Speaker 4: Are they going to back her regardless of the fact that she's a poor candidate because they hate Trump? Are they energized about voting or what was the vibe in Harlem?
Speaker 2: No? No, and no, yeah, no, they're not energized. These people aren't stupid. They're not saying, Hey, you're a black woman, therefore I should vote for you. Okay, that's not the way this thing works. She's dropping the ball when it comes to black community, and they know it's why they're in panic mode. Look, and I know that with the polling is saying on the black vote they're gonna get the biggest vote in the last sixty years, I think it might be bigger than that. I mean anecdotally, when I go out to the black community talking about Trump and Harris, not only is there not excitement about her, I just hear a lot of people say weren't over Trump. And right now the polling is saying fifty percent of black men, right twenty five percent of the entire black population is gonna is going to vote for Trump. That's it's a massive number. But I think, look this idea, and you know it's whole. Every time you say, oh, we're salad, this is not just white Republican men who say this thing. Right when I went out there and I started this the premise of this video by saying I'm gonna read you a quote and then you tell me who said it, they all jumped in and before I had a chance to even read the quote and go Kamala Harris, like they knew where this was going. They understand that she is so vapid that she just throws in a bunch of incongru's words and hopefully people will think she's smart. She's covering up. Does you just know what she's talking about? I and you and conservatives aren't the only person who noticed this. Everyone does, including black people. Look, when I do something, I do a video. Yes, it's funny, the comedy, the entertainment is just a delivery device for something more important. And what it's saying is they recognize what we have been saying in the conservative eco universe, even though they don't listen to us. Right, they're not really part of our eco universe. For the most part, they know what's going on because they're not dumb. Look, it is so gross how the Democratic Party takes for granted the black vote. I think black people finally saying we're done being taken for granted.
Speaker 4: Well, I do worry about some of the advice she's getting because there are those who are telling her. Look at the enormous audience Trump got with Joe Rogan, you should do Joe Rogan. Joe Rogan goes for three hours. They cover wide range of topics, over that time.
Speaker 3: If you were giving her.
Speaker 4: Advice, Jean, I think it would be a disaster.
Speaker 2: Don't know now. Look I would love her to go on and implode, but you know what, I'm begging her, don't do it. Look, I yes, I do not want you to win, and if you go on there, you'll destroy yourself. But please don't do it. It's going to be too painful for the entire country. I'm begging you. I'm giving you solid advice here. Do not do it. Do yourself a favor. You can't handle it.
Speaker 4: That is solid advice. Indeed, Army Horowitz, thank you for your time. This evening is your pleasure still to come. The unhinged hysteria around Trump's Madison Square Garden rally continues.
Speaker 3: I'll speak to a young Australian man there. You're watching the Raid of panehy show.
Speaker 4: Joining me now is Federal Affairs Associate and Americans for Tax Reform Barklay mcgaina.
Speaker 9: You were at.
Speaker 3: Trump's Madison Square Garden rally.
Speaker 4: The left wing media and the Democrats have completely lost their minds over this rally. That have compared it to a pro Nazi rally. They're calling everyone one who attended fascists and basically they've lost their grip on reality.
Speaker 5: Donald Trump's got this big rally going at Madison Square Garden. There's a direct parallel to a big rally that happened in the mid nineteen thirties at Madison Square Garden. And don't think that he doesn't know for one second exactly what they're doing there.
Speaker 16: People said that this was like reminiscent of the supremacist rally in nineteen thirty every cherry Nazis.
Speaker 2: I think that it lived up to that.
Speaker 15: Trump actually re enacting the Madison Square Garden rally in nineteen thirty.
Speaker 18: Nine, Nazi ralli's in the thirties at Madison Square gardens.
Speaker 2: Do you compare that?
Speaker 6: Do you find that a similar comparison.
Speaker 22: Listen, this election is in seven days, and I think the American people have a very clear choice. And on the one hand, you have Donald Trump who is constantly fanning the flames of division and hate.
Speaker 4: The Democrats are claiming that the rally was so hate field and divisive that it has actually become a determining factor in how Americans are going to vote. Here's Harris campaign's senior advisor, David Pooth.
Speaker 23: These people are saying, I wasn't sure how I was going to vote. Now I'm voting for Kamala Harris. So it was a huge mistake. But here's what I've learned in politics, things that really hurt you are things that are consistent with what people may already think about you. So that chaos and that heat and that division, for a lot of voters, they say, that's what I'm worried.
Speaker 3: About, Barclay.
Speaker 4: You were there for the entire six seven hours. Was it full of hate and fascist talking points and reminiscent of some sort of Nazi get together?
Speaker 19: Yeah, high reader and hello viewers. If it was a reenactment, it was an awful re enactment. I'm someone who grew up in Australia my entire life, and going to New York City for this rally was a major culture shock. And not only that, I've never seen more Israeli flags in my life. Indeed, New York is known as the melting Pot. Indeed, a lot of Puerto Ricans probably attended this rally, people from all diverse points of background, and they came from all around the country really to see what I believe will be the next president of the United States. So the kind of slander that we're seeing from Kamala Harris, Tim Walls and the Democrat So I think, really sure is that desperate they are and that's what it amounts to.
Speaker 3: Really, Yeah, I think you hit the nail on the head there. It's desperation.
Speaker 4: It's we're days away and this is what they've got to cling on to. And while they're having their meltdown, the right side of politics is just mocking them. Watch this clip of Hitler watching this so called Nazi rally at Madison Square Garden.
Speaker 2: The Democrats that Trump is a Nazi.
Speaker 16: Trump did nothing wrong, he supports the Jewish community.
Speaker 15: Fell down, worst Nazi rally ever, barklay so many Jewish people there, black people, brown people, all those star of David's on the Israeli flager.
Speaker 3: And yet they're.
Speaker 4: Continuing with this narrative about this being some hate field, anti Semitic event.
Speaker 19: Yeah, I think more or less, it just seems to be quite a distraction. What they're attempting to do is they're attempting to distract from the bad record of Kamala Harris in office. And when Donald Trump took to the stage, the first thing he said, it was crystal clear, are you better off right now than you were four years ago when I left office? And absolutely no American can say that they are in a better position now. With rising interest rates, rising inflation, medium household income is going down as well, the stock market is not performing that well, no one can say that they are in a better position. And you know, Kamala Harris has brought on Tim Wallas. Recently, the Cato Institute released the report of all of the governors and how they went about raising taxes or reducing taxes in their state. To Wores, being the governor of Minnesota, he got a straight f And you can bet that when he assumes they're all of vice president, if Carma Harris is to be elected, he will very much continue that big government growth record. So this election is going to be very critical, and as you can see, they're bringing out all the stops, all the labels, all the smears to try and deter Trump from returning to the White House.
Speaker 3: That season.
Speaker 4: I think we're going to see more of these manufactured outrages in the next six seven days, because that's all they have. Barclay McGain, thank you so much for your time, and that's all the time I've got tonight, folks. I'll see you at eleven tomorrow with Douglas Murray.
Speaker 3: Up next is Newsnight.