Speaker 1: Apoda production.
Speaker 2: We begin today by acknowledging the traditional custodians of the land on which we gather today and pay our respects to their elders past and present. We extend that respect to Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people's here today.
Speaker 3: Welcome to the Grow and Glow Podcast. I'm Ashy, I'm Kiara. This is a podcast where we learn, laugh, and level up together.
Speaker 1: Let's go deep, let the emotions flow and find the lessons to grow and Glow. Nothing is off the table with Grow and Glow and we're here to be your expander. Hello, guys, welcome back to Grow And I feel like me to be so giggy in this one. And it's going to be so relatable if you are a mum or if you have a relationship. Yes, oh my gosh, guys have seen me talk about four years and years and years just like talking about choosing your heart because in life has so many different hearts. It's like, jus your hard, I've got this new thing with Like Steve, we always just say, like choose your battle with the kids. Is it worth a battle? Is it worth the energy? Is it worth the fire? Is it worth them getting upset and so many things. Now that we're speaking about it more, I'm like, it's not worth it. No, keep everyone happy, Like does it really matter? Like why are we obsessing over that? And just fucking chill. Yeah. So we've made a whole list and.
Speaker 3: It's mum life but also like relates to radition too.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a bit of both. Yeah, so both at a list. We'll just go one for one and see how many you relate to. And also, if you're in our private forum and there's some that you have, let us know because I feel like we could learn more that be like, oh true, that doesn't really matter. Yeah, so posted the forum as well. If you're not a member there, you can just literally go to Facebook type and grow and glow and we accept everyone in there. So join us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, come join us, such a beautiful space. All right, what's your first one?
Speaker 1: Actually my first one? And so many mums are probably gonna be like, oh my god, who cares? But I love dressing my kids. Taj doesn't really care what I dress him in or actually lately he's more so wanting to wear everything dragons because he goes to the dragon. But he's literally allowed me to dress him like up until now, and I like my nice clothesman. Even it was just like a black shirt and denim shorts and a cute hat with matching shoes, Like I just like him to look matching and cute. Tarlte girls are just the funnest to dress, so much fun. But she's already like, don't want to wear that, like this my mummy, this shoes. Yeah, And I'm like, oh, doesn't go like I to put the pink bow in here, and she's like orange bow, like no hair. And now I'm just like, oh, whatever, live your life. You want to choose your clothes. Choose your clothes.
Speaker 3: You know. It's like the odd colorful socks and stuff like that. For me, it's so funny.
Speaker 1: Has a different people always putting out on social media too. He'll wear odd shoes.
Speaker 3: That's any trending thing, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I don't know. He just likes to do it.
Speaker 3: I thought I've seen someone like trendy doing that.
Speaker 1: Oh there you go. He's done it for years and it still annoys me. But it's like it's not worth the battle. Alpose, you're gettingto an argument with an eight year old about wearing matching shoes, Like, who fucking cares? Like, You've got more important things to worry about. So that's my first one. Just letting go of what they want to wear and just let them be comfy whatever.
Speaker 3: That's so funny. So mine's kind of similar to yours. I got a lot of pushback for this online. Letting my kids just wear their pajamas. I get people message all the time. In winter, we'll go out for a walk and like we'll go down the beach and that, and I even go down to my pajama sometimes and they go down to their jummis and people are like, I can't believe you let them leave the house of their pajamas on. Not worth a battle. It's cold outside. Their pajamas are so nice and warm and cozy. Matter of fact, like if Reagan she's having it at home day, her favorite thing ever, Like she goes to me all day it's a time for my jummis. Yet it's a time for my Jami's. Yeah, like loves her jarmis. She'll get up some mornings out of bed, take her pajamas off and then put another set of pajamas on, and yeah, not worth the battle. I'm like, she's so happy, she's so comfy.
Speaker 1: Yeah, what's the matter? I think people forget how close you lived to the beach too, Like for a lot of people to go to the beach, it's an actual event, like getting your bag ready, getting all the towers, packing into the car, getting the kids in the car, like, whereas few guys, it's just you walk down there. Yeah, you forget that's very close. It's part of your life. That's like, what do we do. Let's go to the beach.
Speaker 3: But even like when we go to cooling out of beach, drive the car, still taking.
Speaker 1: Down the pajama especially if.
Speaker 3: It's early Yeah, I think if it's early morning and their comfy linky though, he's so funny. The girls love being in the pjs all day. He's the first thing that can I get changed. Really hates having his pajamas on and like doesn't like anyone seeing them with his jarm he's on. He's so funny, he's so cute.
Speaker 1: My next one I find very challenging, but I fully have let go, and I think I pushed it too much with taj Is forcing them to eat a meal, and not that I've literally physically forced, but we would really heavily encourage charge to eat more because he just hasn't been that interested in food. He's not a massive foodie. I was not growing up either. I was happy if you gave me orange juice, like I wouldn't even notice for I didn't eat. I just was not interested until I got to like older. Now you never stopped seeing me eating. I'm eating twenty four seven. But yeah, I think I just put a lot of pressure on him getting enough nutrients and making sure he was eating enough. And he's very very tall, and he's very very lean, which people are also awful online about. It's quite a lot more now that he's older and like more active. But with Tala, she's going through a stage where she's a great eater, but all of a sudden, she doesn't want to eat a proper meal. She's more like a grazer. So I'm trying to hold back from the snacks, but like even the dinner, she'll pick a little bit and then run around. And I was trying to get her to like sit on the chair and sit as a family, and Steve wants her to do it as well, because it's like a nice time to catch up. But I just look at him. I'm like, cheese, you batter, babe, It's not worth it. She's hungry, she will eat. If he is hungry, he will eat. Sometimes we're not hungry. And later on if they're like, oh, I want to snack her an ice pole, it's like, no, good dinner is still on the table. You're hungry, you can eat that, but it's not worth the battle of us getting upset them having a negative experience around the dinner table, around food, around their family, like I don't want that.
Speaker 3: And the dinner table thing will come back with each of our kids have all gone around that age where they've disappeared and we haven't had us all at the dinner table because we love it too. It comes back, yeah, yeah, the phases of eating well, yeah, I feel like so many mums have said they were great eaters up until two and the same thing.
Speaker 1: Now she's turned too. She's like, it's a big roll of past us and shouldn't avow the whole thing, like we roll a rice. She's a carb gal. So I'm like, it's just not worth it. No, it's not. And I know there's a lot of other mums who will relate to this and feel this because you just want them to be healthy and have the nutrients and to be full. We get so worried. But kids are the best intuitive eaters.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Really, we as adults are not great. We've been taught to eat everything on your plate, don't waste it. Like my Stepdag used to say to me, you know the children in Africa are starving. That would kill for your food, Like make me feel so bad for not eating, and I would force it down and like even if I felt sick. We are not good at intuitive eaters. We don't want to waste food. We overeat. It's so easily accessible. You watch kids. They will stop when they're full. Yeah, they will let you know. They're crying, screaming, begging, snatching. They will tell you that they're hungry. We need to trust them more.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and our kids, like depending what we're doing, if we're really active, they eat so much food and then other days with that slow they barely eat. But you just got to know it comes in waves.
Speaker 1: Hey. Yeah, it's just not worth the battle of trying to force something.
Speaker 3: Okay, So my next one is one about hubby. So if he is off, rather than questioning him straight away, just giving him time.
Speaker 1: Love that.
Speaker 3: So when he's off, instead of being like, babe, why are you stappy? What's going on? And asking, I just bite my tongue and I go not with the battle, because then half the time what happens is an hour or so later he cools off. He's just in like a crappy mood, as we all do. Yeah, and he turns around, he's like, I'm sorry about this morning. Yeah, but if I question it, it makes him more agitated. So choosing my battles off when he's off, just letting him have his mood and not trying to like pull him higher, just let him have it, yeah, and just accepting that that's the little mood that he's in at the moment, and yeah, I made the mistake too. Similar Sometimes I'll try and like make it about me?
Speaker 1: What have I done? Why you upset? Like are you angry at me? He's like, this isn't about you. I'm just like stretched at work and I need to compress for the day. So now I'm the same, I'm like, read the room. Okay. Maybe he just needs a bit more space, or he's touched out, or he's got million things in his mind. Just give them a bit of time. Yeah, like men need that. Yeah, I love that. My next one at the moment which someone's going to be like, that's disgusting. When I was telling you, like Kurt would not allow this. But it's just like the bath time. She doesn't want to have a bath every night. I'm like, choose your battles. She's not filthy, muddy. She's like we can wipe down her face in her hands whatever. She is like crying, she doesn't want to get in the bath or shower. Cool, you can skip it. It's not worth the battle anymore. With Papa jams On, we go on the lounge, we get extra time with the lounge into play and hangs the family. Yeah. Yeah, so that's just not worth it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I feel like I'm more leaning your way. But then to Kurt, it's really important because he's like, I feel like I have such a good night's sleep when I'm clean. It's like his story. So I'm like, okay, then you look after bath them. Yeah, but he's really adamant about it. But there's been a couple of times where I've been able to twist his arms. I was like a change his sheets in the morning, I don't.
Speaker 1: Want to change it. Warning. So for him it is worth the battle of his kids getting upset to make sure they're clean.
Speaker 3: He'll come up with a different strategy. So he'll go, Okay, you don't want a bath, you in a shower, or you don't come upstairs dad, you.
Speaker 1: Have a shower with you won't have any of it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Kurt will try like five even things like I'll put a bath and I'll do this. He won't be like, no, too bad, you're getting in. He won't like force obviously them in. So this next one is so funny, but Kurt is hilarious with crumbs on the floors. This is a hubby one again. I've kind of tried to go one for age. Ye. He will vacuum fifty million times a day and I used to be like, babe, just leave it, just leave it. And now I'm like Chushie battles if it makes him happy, yeah, just let him more relaxed, let him go. But it's like it's literally the kids will eat and he will not let it because he's like then they travel it through the house. So he's just out with the vacuum.
Speaker 1: But the dice and it is kind of easy to get it done. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I would even just wait till like all the kids are finished eating.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he is like doing it like three times.
Speaker 3: Yes, So yeah, I used to be like babe because it used to I think it's the noise in that I used to get frustrated, like just leave it, Babe, to leave it. Now, I'm like, you know what, let him go. They let him go makes him happy.
Speaker 1: This is a hobby and the kid one. But how Steve makes Taj's lunch compared to how I make Taj's lunch, I'm like very particular on his lunch. I like to have lots of variety, lots of nutrients, like a little treat in there. It's very well balanced. There's healthy fats, there's a bit of protein, there's calves, like there's everything that he needs. I feel to have a well nourished day. Whereas when I was in Bali, Taj was like mom, Dad made a lunchbox and it was just two sandwiches and two Milo bars and an apple, and like the rule is you have one Milo barba day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I was like, oh, I was.
Speaker 1: Like not worth the battle. Don't need to bring it up. Like just let him do things how he wants to do it. He's fed, he's okay, he survived, It's all good. But something like that at home, like I'm very particular about but it's just not worth the battle making Steve feel shit when he's just trying to help him doing the best he can.
Speaker 3: Yeah, when you're not there, and maybe he.
Speaker 1: Doesn't think it's like as important as what I do. And that's also okay. Mine isn't right or wrong, and neither is his way. Yeah, it's just how he.
Speaker 3: Does it, isn't it crazy? All of our values? Hey, it comes back to everything, like at those core values.
Speaker 1: Which health is like so high for me and Steve's a bit more chill.
Speaker 3: Yes, okay, So this is something that really like pet peeves me so badly when the kids finish eating and I'm with them, similar to like you with Steve, with like the hairty staying in and stuff like that with Tala. So he will never clean Reagan's face, So Reagan to walk around the whole day with Veggie might smearth all down her cheeks, spaghetti, bolonnaise all over her chin, all over her face. He doesn't clean it. So now rather than saying a comment after she finishes eating. Just as soon as I see her, I'm like, okay, I'll just clean her face now, I'll just do it now. Yeah, because it annoys me, it doesn't annoy him. Yes, yeah, it's just not worth a battle.
Speaker 1: No, No, I love that what style my kids want their hair like. Taj is at the moment wanting to grow it out and not super long, not a mullet, but he wants it longer. But it's like always in his eyes. So I'm trying to like encourage him to cut it, but he's like, no, I want to grow it out. I want to be ab to put it behind my ear, and that's just what he wants to do. But it just looks so messy and annoying in his eyes. It annoys me. But I'm just like, at the end of the day, that's not worth getting another battle about. I've tried, it hasn't worked. He's very certain with what he wants to do. I want him to be his own person, to have his own style. Just leave it. And same with her. Sometimes she's like no hair, no hairs in her eyes and it's just like.
Speaker 3: But no hair.
Speaker 1: Thing.
Speaker 3: With Reagan, we went through that as well, and you can see it in their face and you think it's annoying.
Speaker 1: So annoying. Some days I'm just like, nah, it's not worth it. No, with your life. Yeah, have hair in your eyes and you deal with it.
Speaker 3: Definitely. I think too, because Reggie had her helmet on for so long, I felt bad doing her hair. When she just wanted it out, I was like, sweet, babe, more comfy, you have it out. Something that I am happy to do now is just like feed the kids messy foods if it's healthy. I feel like certain foods like even rice and stuff like that, which your kids love. Like we kind of used to be like, oh like are we just on the floors or things like that, And now especially Kurt, and now we're both just like surrendered and we're like, if it's healthy food and it's messy and it goes everywhere, who cares? Just yeah, so yeah, messy foods.
Speaker 1: Rice.
Speaker 3: Honestly, you find it full days, I swear, especially you know the sous she risks with the sticky rice stick Yeah, but so good to see the meeting nice and then it's.
Speaker 1: Just eating in general. Yeah, eating the dinner. Yeah, I love it. This is one that I did with Taj really really badly, and I don't do I learned my lesson is like criticizing Steve on how long it takes him to change and nappy is so much longer than what I am. It's just like and it's done. I'm like a wizard at it, but for him, it just takes them so much longer, and like he'll pull it up too much at the front or too much at the back, or like he'll do it and then like half of butt cheeks hanging out, and like I used to criticize them with Tage and get frustrated, was now like I try and make it play for so he doesn't feel like he's done a bad job. And also just think the more that you criticize them, the less they actually want to help and do it. They'll just think, will you do it better anyway? And I don't want to get in trouble, so like why would I bother? Yeah, And I made that mistake with Tag he would just like pull back and don't want to help because he's like you always tell me I'm doing it wrong, Whereas now I'm like, it's not worth it. Half a butt cheeks hanging out, Like he'll notice and have a laugh about it, and then one of us will pull it over. But it's just not worth a battle. It's not worth making him feel about it when he's just done the best he can. Yeah, it's not as good at it than what I am, But that's who cares.
Speaker 3: Whoever it bothers, they can just fix it. That's kind of what we do. Like whoever it bothers can just fix it rather geting annoyed the other person's like okay, definitely, Like I'm particularly about the mouth being cleaned. It's like, I'll just clean the mouth.
Speaker 1: On reflection, like why does annoy me that it takes them way long to the nappy? Like who cares? Yeah, I guess it takes some ten minutes. It doesn't make it that long. Who cares if it takes off?
Speaker 3: Like when a man goes to the toilet.
Speaker 1: That's another whole thing.
Speaker 3: Ah this one, Oh okay, I've gotten a lot better at this, But this is similar to you with Steve. I used to get so irked by this. How slow Kurt's reaction time used to like these to their kids. So if a kid is scat, if a kid is screaming at the top of their lungs and I'm in the shower. I used to like run downstairs with my towel on like whatever, like what's going on, what's going on? And I was like, yeah, I'm getting there, like and I would be like, babe. But when they're screaming, like I used to fully get annoyed at for this. Now I hear the screams and I'm like, this is mymi time. He's under control, he's watching the kids like he's with them alone all the time. He's got this. It's all good. But I used to actually like physically run down it because the kids worse because he.
Speaker 1: Ever say, babe, I've got this, Like give me a moment. Yeah yeah, Steve does that too. Now it's like learning to just trust that they do have it. It's just done differently to us.
Speaker 3: That's it. And now I don't even show up then. But initially, especially I feel like each kid has gotten way more relax but especially with Miller, and I would be like really triggered and frustrated if he wasn't by a side in an instant, if she was like distraught.
Speaker 1: It does get better each kid, you get way more relaxed.
Speaker 3: You do.
Speaker 1: I was terrible at yeah, because I think you just you don't even have that much confidence, like you're trying to do the best job you can. You feel like you have to jump since they make a noise. He's and it's like, he says, I jump a lot quicker, but he's like, if I can see, they're okay. And sometimes I think it's good for them to like sort it out themselves or way, rather than you're going to fix it straight away. It's like let them, you know, deal with it. It's like I'm observing, I'm making sure that they're safe, but I don't jump to them like you do. Yeah.
Speaker 3: And I feel like Kurt's also really good at understanding their cries these days, like better than I am. I feel like, as soon as I hear a cry, I'm just like there. But I feel like before he jumps and runs, he's like, what type of cry is that? Like he's still, he pauses, listens, waits, and then he goes all right or they don't need me, they're fine. Whereas I'm like, as soon as I hear a little bit, I'm.
Speaker 1: Like there, yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, So I feel like he's got really good.
Speaker 1: You can hear. If it's an emergency, you.
Speaker 3: Can tell by the time you get down them on the stairs full.
Speaker 1: Cry, or if it'thing like that, like the crocodile, Yeah, oh my gosh. Screen time Steve is a lot more relaxed than what I am. I don't give my kids a lot of screen time. I have very firm boundaries with Taj. Tyler does not have an iPad. If I watch anything with her, it's like very little amount. If I'm absolutely like cooked, or we're watching something as a family together, like and we'll put like animals on the TV and she's learning about the animals. But I'm very strict on it whease if he gets home from work before I do, or like if I'm away, there's definitely a lot more screen time. And it used to really upset me, and I was like, oh, kids don't need this much screen It's bad for the concentration levels, blah blah blah, which is all true. However, I'm like, choose your battles, it's not worth it. If that's how he wants a parent, and you're not doing anything wrong. Maybe he's so stretched and tired from work, doesn't have the capacity to be entertaining them with out the trampoline for three hours. Let it go. Yeah, sometimes I'll still make little comments, but I really tried to hold back from that. Now yeah, yeah, it's just not worth it, not worth a battle.
Speaker 3: No oh wearing dress ups and kids wearing dress ups everywhere we go. I feel like I went through a phase where they were literally wearing dress ups all the time, and I wanted them to wear their normal clothes as well, or as well if their dress ups are like really cold and it's cold outside. And now I'm like, you know what, I watched this psychologist lady on Instagram and she was like, let them be cold. Yeah, you say to them they need to jumper, they say I don't need one. Go Okay, next time when you say it's cold outside, do you want to jump up? They'll probably say yeah, do you. So I've kind of, yeah, really leaned into that as well of just being like just letting them kind of do their own thing. And the dress ups make everyone's so happy. Whenever we go places, people are just like, oh my gosh. But yeah, it's a lot sometimes when we walk around like three of these.
Speaker 1: Like dress my kids don't dress up a lot, but I've seen some that are like really puffy and that's hard to put the seatbelts.
Speaker 3: G and like and about the dress, yes, that's exactly what they do. So reading almost like the big beautiful prince and she's like it's itchy, it's itchy, and I'm like, oh my gosh. But luckily now I just know I have spare clothes, yes, but prepare. I'm prepared, but not with a battle before we leave to change it. Even though I know that dress has gone itchy, I'm like, just let her do her thing, yeah, just like when it pops up.
Speaker 1: I think just with cleaning up things in general. And I think we've got a good system now. But sometimes I used to get like quite irked if their kitchen wasn't done before bed, and Steep be like, oh, I just can't evolve it tonight, like just pt the kids in bed, like I just want to relax, And then I would get annoyed because I want it done. But sometimes like it's just not worth the battle, Like once again, if it's really important to me, I'll just get it done. But I feel like we've got a good system now. When I wrote this, I feel like we've got a good system now that I'll ow to take the kids for the bath and he'll do the kitchen, or if the kids aren't having a bath, we both attack it together and it's done twice as fast. Yeah. So we've got our systems at work. But sometimes, like I feel like a lot of mums get really caught up in the washing, the cleaning whatever at the end of the day, Like, is it worth a battle if you are just so tired, or you wanting to connect with your partner, or you want to connect with your kids, Like what's more important? Yeah, Like, it's probably more important if you just spend quality time with your loved ones and making sure that lasts a lot of dishes is done and the battle, Yeah, it's not going anywhere. For the time with your kids and your husband, it's way more important. Yeah. So just like, not worth a battle with your partner, not worth a battle with yourself. Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 3: So this next one for us is we initially thought that we would not let our kids wear shoes in the house. Yeah, shoes every day, all day in the house. Yeah, so we're just like not much. So both with Curt and I surrendered to that one pretty quickly. We were like, yeah, when we first moved in, everyone had like shoes off. Yeah, it feels like a new house thing. Maybe yeah, no, just whatever, you are aware. Yeah, and even when people come over, we're like, yeah, let keep your shoes on.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Yeah, some people are funny about that. If it's got nice carpets, it is a new house. They've just vacuum dispose.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but it's not about all we choose.
Speaker 1: I take my shoes off when I go to other me too, but not my own me too. Whatever. And the last one is once again Steve and kids. A lot of this is about parenting for me. But whenever I go away, Steve will definitely have like a takeaway night, Whereas when I'm at home, I do most of the cooking now and I love nourishing my family and making sure they're getting all the nutrients they need. We don't order to take away a lot when I'm there, but when I go away, he definitely does. Like last night, they would have pizza night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I love it.
Speaker 1: It's so cute. It massive.
Speaker 3: It does the same. Whenever we can't here, they always get take away.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like Tuti battles.
Speaker 3: Yeah, convenient for them.
Speaker 1: It's fine. Like growing up too, it's like, oh, I remember, like the dad we always got pizza.
Speaker 3: And they know it's routine. They like our co kids know now they're like my mom's nottrius and that means that way gonna yeah like a cheeky night.
Speaker 1: That's the nice time with their dad. It is. It is like they could be really bonding around food. Yeah, beautiful, So I've just let that go. That's I used to be like, babe, like you know, they don't need another pizza. They need nutrients. Yeah, even at home, Like if I was to order pizza Fotage and I'm there, I would entrees, vegetables. It would all have vegetables before we get the pizza. Yeah, so like I know they're getting the nutrients because I don't want to get sick. I want them to be healthy and like it is important to me. They still get to enjoy the pizza as well. That was my rule with pregnancy. If I was craving something, my rule was like I would have something healthy first and nutrient rich, then I would have what I wanted. Yeah. So I always made sure that myself, my baby, and my health was looked after because I wanted my baby to get all the nutrients that they needed as well, but I still wasn't depriving myself of what I wanted. If I just ate shit, the whole pregnancy are like, and I would just feel shit that I've given my baby of that crap, and my body wouldn't be thriving. It's always made sure I had something healthy, whether it's a green juice, a green smoothie, a bowl of steamed broccoli, like, just something health related. Then I would go have my hot chips, then I would have my block chocolate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I just felt better doing that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah, because you do feel crappy as well. You already feel cppy when you're pregnant.
Speaker 1: I already feel crappy. Yeah yeah, and your baby needs so much to thrive. Yeah, it's nutrients.
Speaker 3: So my last one is Reagan not napping. I see though, Babe, she's dropped it out for like over a year.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she was like.
Speaker 3: One and a half when she stopped napping. Two. She was young, so every kid had slowly gotten earlier and earlier. So Miller literally napped until she started school. So Yeahlinky stopped napping I think around four. Reagan I can't even remember her. It's been years since she has not napped.
Speaker 1: And she's happy, happy.
Speaker 3: She's happy, she's fine. I think she still had them odd occasion, yeah, okay, but she wasn't regular. Yeah, she was has not regularly napped for a very, very long time. And that's just to choose your battle.
Speaker 1: She's fine, easier though with other two kids, if like they're all and you can be out in the middle of the day.
Speaker 3: Not Monday to Friday when she's at home and you're trying to work. But yes, on the weekend, it's great. On the weekend, it's really good. But yeah, that's just been a battle with her. She's just definitely got more energy and even during the night, like she can stay up super late rigs like the other two we'll just put themselves to bed and be like I've had enough, I'm going to sleep. Like, Yeah, she just likes to be in the party and amongst it with everyone else, and yeah.
Speaker 1: Just don't need it as much.
Speaker 3: Maybe I just remember though, like their first days when she first started dropping it, just trying to force it, sitting in there, patting her back, shushing her. Try this, try again in an hour. If she's not napping, I'll just I'll give her another bottle and I'll go seit with her and try again. You revolve your whole day around this nap, And I feel like it just took so much pressure off because it was just like, okay, yeah, whatever happens, it happens, as long as it's happy.
Speaker 1: I feel like I would push through for that too. If they were going to be upset in the evening. Yeah, when they get overtired, yeah, that's why I would be trying to push the nap. But if they're happy, then yeah, she'll sweat.
Speaker 3: She's fine, like happy, and that's so good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, most kids will get really overtired. That's awesome.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know only one that got really overtired. She's always needed like that little bit more sleep. Still to this day, she loves her sleep. But I feel like both Lincoln he was fine as well. It never really affected his mood too much.
Speaker 1: That's awesome. Your tag gets overtired. Yeah, I haven't tried her not napping yet. She still has a day now. She's too.
Speaker 3: Milk it for as long as you.
Speaker 1: Get Yeah, that's a mind done.
Speaker 3: Yeah me too.
Speaker 1: Well, I hope you guys had a good little gig, good little laugh. Sure someone relatable.
Speaker 3: I'm sure some of you guys can relate to. I'm like, oh my gosh, I used to not like that too, and now I'm like, whatever.
Speaker 1: It's funny as you grow too. The things she used to get soa caled up and.
Speaker 3: It's like, and it's just how you grew up. A lot of these things are like because I was told growing up that it should be done a specific way. I felt like it should have been and then I look at it and I'm like.
Speaker 1: Does that actually matters? So true, You've always done things. It's just what you're used to. Something is uncomfortable doing something different, or someone's put a strong opinion. It's like, actually it doesn't bother me. Okay, that bothers you, but to me, they're not with the battle, not only you choose your battle. We'll see you on Friday for a little bite sized episode. Yeah, see that, guys. We'll see you next week too. Bye bye,