Speaker 1: Line sharing.
Speaker 2: First tonight.
Speaker 3: Today mark's the end of the fake presidency. The cover up of Joe Biden's health will go down as the Democrats and left wing media's greatest ever hoax. For years, the president was described as fine, sharp, strong, mentally fit even and now the eleventh.
Speaker 2: Hours suddenly not so much.
Speaker 3: Let's be clear, the Democrats didn't portion eighty one year old mentally incompetent man out because he is sick.
Speaker 2: They pushed him out.
Speaker 3: Because on June twenty seven this year, their big fat four year cover up was exposed to the world.
Speaker 4: We have one thousand trillionaires in America, I mean billionaires in America. They'd raised five hundred million dollars billion dollars I should say, every single solitary person eligible for what will do with the with the COVID, with the total initiative relative to what we're going to do with more border patrol. President Trump, I really don't know what he said at the end of those sent I don't think he knows what he said either.
Speaker 3: What a blight on his presidency that Americans have for so long been gas lit and treated with contempt by Biden and those in his inner circle who allowed this man to be the gaff machine of the free world. And how did Joe Biden make his grand exit announcement with a letter saying, while it has been my intention.
Speaker 2: To seek reelection, I believe it is in the best.
Speaker 3: Interest of my party and the country for me to stand down and to focus solely on fulfilling my duties as president for the remainder of my term, not even a formal televised address. Why exactly, then, is it in the country's best interest? Is it because you lied about the state of your health. Is it because you're in a circle light about the state of your health, or is it because you were exposed and your colleagues led a crue to force you out when Donus stopped coughing up. Joe Biden was selfish to stay this long. And while he thinks he can now just walk away and the party can just turn the page, the left and the Democrats must be held accountable for lying so long about a wilted president. Starting with the liberal media. Remember when they told us how fit and healthy Biden was.
Speaker 5: President Biden, who I've been around numerous times just in this last year, is sharp, he's focused, he's bright.
Speaker 6: He is sharp, intensely probing and detail oriented and focused.
Speaker 7: This is a man who is sharp, who is on top of his game, who knows what's going on.
Speaker 8: He's smart, He's on his game.
Speaker 9: I was in almost every meeting with the president, and the President was in front of and on top of it all.
Speaker 3: They actually insisted this guy was in great shape.
Speaker 4: I uh, anyway, and I don't want to. I don't want to, I mean, choose my words.
Speaker 5: I was just thinking, uh, anyway, I just look, I mean Putin's kleptocer. Yeah, it was in February, February, January, after I read elected from late januarly early February.
Speaker 3: I mean he was mumbling, fumbling, falling over, speaking to dead people, had no idea who he was or where he was, wondering off into the abyss and freezing and what did the lefty media say that Biden was a victim of agism. Time magazine described it as the weaponization.
Speaker 2: Of Biden's age.
Speaker 3: The New York Times had the panic over Joe Biden's ages manufactured. Had to use Joe Biden's age as an insult is simply agism in disguise.
Speaker 2: To them, it was all fake news.
Speaker 3: Secondly, the Democrats, including Kamala Harris.
Speaker 2: Also need to be held to account for the cover up.
Speaker 9: We have a very bold and vibrant president in Joe Biden, and in Joe Biden, we have a president who is probably one of the boldest and strongest American presidents we have had in his response to the needs of the American people. But he is an extraordinary leader. And I wish that people I could see what I see because there's only one person who says behind that resolute death.
Speaker 3: And even after this moment at a fundraiser only a few weeks ago, when Joe Biden froze and had to be helped off stage by Barack Obama, the White House said, no, no, nothing to see here.
Speaker 10: Instead of talking about the president's performance in office, and what I mean by that is as legislative went, what he's been able to do for the American people across the country, we're seeing these deep figs, these manipulated videos, and on.
Speaker 2: His performance at the presidential debate.
Speaker 10: It's the jet lag and also the.
Speaker 3: Called They seriously thought they could keep up the facade.
Speaker 2: They lied.
Speaker 3: Thirdly, Jill Biden aka Doctor Jill, must be held to account. She's acted like the ultimate stage mom, orchestrating and overseeing her husband's every move, pushing him to keep going and staying the race even though the man could barely stand up.
Speaker 2: Yoh, you did such a great job.
Speaker 1: You answered every question.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well done, Joe.
Speaker 3: Doctor Jill exposed herself as a fraud when, in the middle of all this chaos she posed on the front cover a Vogue magazine. It became increasingly obvious after the debate that there was only one agenda, and that was doctor Jills. And fourth, the Democrats who led a coup against a sitting president must also be held to account by staging a mutiny forcing Biden to pull out at the eleventh hour. Biden and his allies have denied voters across America an opportunity to elect a nominee in the primaries.
Speaker 2: That is not a fair electoral process. When the party is told who the nominee will be.
Speaker 3: Rather, Democratic elites will decide in one final nail in the coffin to the American people, Joe endorse someone just as inept as him, Karmala Harris. No Democrat primary voter has ever actually voted for Kamala Harris. Her twenty twenty campaign for nomination lasted five minutes. Yet America could be about to be burdened by what might be.
Speaker 9: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, what can be unburdened by what has been? What can be unburdened by what has been? What can be unburdened by.
Speaker 8: What has been?
Speaker 3: Well, the burden is now on America and the free world. It is astonishing that the Democrats are still arguing that Donald Trump is the big bad threat to democracy when what the party has done here is the real threat to democracy. Joe Biden's health is the great American cover up. This will go down as the Democrats and the left wing media's greatest ever hoax, and voters are poorer for it. Coming up, we'll have all the latest from the US throughout the night, plus lots of local reaction to this historic news. Also tonight, Peter Dutton is catching up to Anthony Albanezi in the polls, but can he win the next election?
Speaker 2: A political analyst will join me.
Speaker 3: To discuss, but first let's go straight to the US. Brianna Lyman is the elections correspondent for the Federalist and she joins me. Now, Brianna, thank you for joining us. First, the Democrats and left wing media told us Biden is mentally fit, he's sharp, he's strong. Then they turned against him, wanted him out, and now he's gone. Of course, what does he say about those who covered up his mental incompetence for so long?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 11: Well, in America, left wing media, this is part of their job. It's to run defense for the White House. And unfortunately, what we winnessed today with Biden's announcement is the culmination of a successful coup effort because Democrats realized that Biden's anility had become a political liability. And like you mentioned, you know this wasn't an overnight development. You go back to last ball. You had Dean Phillips, who challenged Biden for the nomination, warning Democratic leadership that Biden wasn't fit, and they told him go kick rocks. We don't want to hear it. Democrats ran a rigged primary in a state like Florida. They just awarded Biden the votes, didn't even let Dean Phillips have a real chance. Robert Hurr's report came out and Democrats were willing Marrick Garland to go to gel instead of releasing those tapes. Joe Biden gets walked off stage by Barack Obama and they told us it was a cheap fake, right, And so for the first time on the debate stage, Joe Biden gave the public ninety minutes of unfettered access to himself and there was no way to cover that up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he was absolutely exposed to the world at that moment.
Speaker 2: I find it interesting.
Speaker 3: Former House Speaker Nancy Pelosi tweeted, President Joe Biden is a patriotic American who has always put our country first. He's legacy of vision, values, and leadership make him one of the most consequential presidents in American history. Brianna, I find this extraordinary. She was part of that curve you mentioned to bring him down.
Speaker 11: Yeah, Biden did not put the country above himself or his party because Biden was reluctant to step down, and I don't believe he did this willingly. Look, Biden has been in office for fifty years. This is a man who has very deep connections and deep friendships with a lot of the leadership and individuals who have called on him publicly and privately to step down. You would think that they would want to give him this you know, dignified transfer right allowed Joe Biden to step down, had these talks in private, but when the private talks clearly didn't work, Democrats had to resort to publicly embarrassing him essentially and calling it and creating this mounting pressure campaign to say that there is division in the Democratic Party and Joe Biden's the reason. But if he steps down, things will be honky dory and Nancy Pelosi siven is indicative of that. Right. Once Joe Biden did what his party and what the Democratic oligarchic machine decided, then things are okay.
Speaker 3: Now, yeah, your spot on how redundant now is the primaries process because the Dems will now pick the candidate, not voters.
Speaker 12: Yeah.
Speaker 11: You know what's really interesting about it is that they have been, you know, breathlessly saying for four years that Donald Trump can't win because he's a threat to our democracy. Mind you, we live in a constitutional republic, We're not a democracy. But that's what they've been saying. And now that same party is looking at fourteen million voters and saying, look, you can elect whoever you want during the primary process, but DC oligarchs, a handful of DC elites, we will select who's the actual candidate. And so for a party that prides themselves on being, you know, savers of democracy, they certainly don't actually care about democracy if it threatens their electoral prospects.
Speaker 3: Brianna, if Kamala Harris is indeed endorsed by the party, what will she I mean to quote her, is America about to be unburdened by what has been.
Speaker 11: So Kamala Harris, like, this is a woman who was chosen because she was a black woman. That's what Joe Biden said he would do. He said, I'm going to pick a black woman. Kamala Harris was that person. Mind you, she dropped out of the Democratic primary race. I think she was actually the first candidate because she had less than five percent of the support. And we know that she's not the best candidate now because Barack Obama he endorsed an open primary today, So even if he doesn't believe that Kamala Harris would be the best choice. And I think something that'll be difficult for Democrats to kind of overcome. It's going to be how will they answer for the border crisis. She was tasked as the borders are she was supposed to handle the crisis, and that crisis has balloon and it is a top three issue for every American voter, specifically independent. So that'll be a big hurdle for them.
Speaker 3: Yeah, she totally failed on that front, Brianna. If the president cannot run again, why is he sticking around until November?
Speaker 2: Do you think he shouldn't?
Speaker 11: I have no idea why he's sticking around, but he shouldn't stick around. And if Democrats want to play the whole putting you know, country above party, they either have to convince Biden to resign the post of presidency or they must invoke the twenty fifth Amendment, Because if Biden is too senile to cognitively impair, too physically impaired to be the nominee so much so that he actually threatens their electoral prospects that bad, then he's clearly not fit to you know, have his finger on the nuclear button for the next six months. And so if Democrats want to really prove that they care about their country and not their party, they will now call for Biden to step down as president.
Speaker 2: Absolutely.
Speaker 3: Now, look I have to show you this vision of CNN host Van Jains, who actually cried at the announcement by Biden.
Speaker 13: Here it is, I just know that I love this man. I care about this man. It was painful every day to sit up here and talk about him like he's just a you know, some problem for the party. Way till we get to the convention, You're going to see people crying, standing, screaming, and he may not get a chance to talk for ten minutes. We finally get a chance to put an arm around this guy.
Speaker 2: Brianna, it's a bit dramatic.
Speaker 11: Don't you think that's an understatement. Look, people want to talk about Trump derangement syndrome, and I think this is a very good encapsulation of that. Joe Biden, Thankfully he's not dead. He didn't die today.
Speaker 8: He just said I'm not.
Speaker 11: Going to run for reelection. So to be brought to tears is absolutely in I can't understand why someone would be brought to tears to this point. And Van Jones is someone who's also kind of echoed similar sentiments as Democrats that Biden may not be the best person to run, and Biden may have been a good candidate for Democrats twenty years ago. But Biden is not that same person, and Van Jones should not pretend to play it off any other way.
Speaker 3: Well, it certainly caps off a fascinating month in US politics. Brianna Lyman, good to speak with you.
Speaker 2: Thank you, thanks for having me.
Speaker 3: For today's top stories and more. Let's bring it in my panel, sky News host Liz Storra and Sky News contributor Joe Who would have Brad.
Speaker 14: Hide both happened today?
Speaker 2: Anything else just.
Speaker 7: Been a pretty quiet one.
Speaker 3: Let's start with Joe Biden's pick for the top job at Kamala Harris and imagine four years of this. Oh look there's more.
Speaker 2: I am Kamela Harris. My pounds are she and parent?
Speaker 15: Oh?
Speaker 3: We could have an exciting four years if this all goes to play. And Joe, how do you see this playing out now with the Democrats?
Speaker 14: It's really interesting the after Kamala is endorsed by Joe Biden. Joe Biden, the steady wasn't Joe Biden.
Speaker 8: We don't I've seen the guy.
Speaker 14: Kamala Harris was endorsed by artificial intelligence. No, it's interesting their polls tightened a bit, but Trump's on the aggregate, Trump actually went up, So Trump actually, like Marvelle, thought, oh, I'm going to Trump now. So Karmla obviously picked up people who weren't going to come out and vote for Joe Biden a tiny percent. I mean, I mean, Trump is still ahead, but it actually sort of solidified a couple of people, drove a couple of people towards Donald Trump. And I think that's because Kamla Harris represents everything that Donald Trump and the people who vote for Donald Trump are starting to be sort of repulsed by in the modern left, in the Democratic Party, that is sort of West Coast and East Coast elites, identity politics dominating economic need and economic concerns, and Kamala Harris is just the perfect embodiment of that, and a somewhat nauseating sort of little cartoon videos about equity versus equality and this sort of weird, sort of quasi neo Marxist stuff. The id pot is obviously there. I mean, the Democrats don't need black voters, they don't need women voters. So in terms of a sort of symbolic kind of you know, ra rah, that demographic, only forty percent of women voting for Donald Trump anyway, So they've already got sixty percent of women, So what do they achieve by this? If they had have got someone ironically like JD. Vance, they might have eaten into Trump's vote. But I just don't see. If you're voting for Donald Trump, you are going to wade through boiling hot lava to vote for you want to keep going, That's right, And they're going to vote for him and again, and then you've got RFK splitting the vote that way, which.
Speaker 3: Will be interesting to say, Liz, do you agree that if you're going to vote for Trump, you're certainly not going to vote for Kamala Harris?
Speaker 8: No, of course not.
Speaker 7: But the thing is she is very unpopular with their own party. Let's not forget in the twenty twenty primaries, this woman got less than two percent of the vote, forcing her to drop out before a single vote was cast. So she is not someone that the Democratic lay Party look up to repet one as a leader. So as much as she's got quite a few big names now falling in line saying we back her, it's a really big question mark to see what's actually going to happen?
Speaker 2: Is it?
Speaker 7: Because the Democratic Party is also given up and just gone Look at this point, no one can beat no one can beat Trump. That's my personal opinion. I'm not saying it's not doable. They managed in twenty twenty using very nefarious means, So unless they're going to rig another election, then how.
Speaker 8: Are they going to pull this off?
Speaker 7: Their own inside A polling tells them Kamala Harris cannot beat Trump. So if they genuinely want to give the twenty twenty four election a red hot go, they're not going to put her up. If they've resigned themselves to losing, and guys like Newsome aren't gonna want to burn their political capital on being oh the guy who lost the twenty twenty o Nobody who's a genuinely politically savvy person who would like to see themselves become president one day is going to put themselves up.
Speaker 8: For the twenty twenty four election.
Speaker 7: This is the poison chalice, So it might as well be Kamala Harris because she's dumb enough to think it's an honor and take it.
Speaker 14: I want to get rid of her. Perfect way, how she saves a bit of the furniture, But that's exactly right. We're talking about the most powerful position on the planet. Absolutely, no one's even going to challenge her for it.
Speaker 2: No acuarly, But I mean the Democrats waited to the eleventh hour.
Speaker 3: They've known for years about his It's ridiculous. Look, let's move on to other news now. The odds of a minority government coming into power continue to increase as news poll shows voters confidence in major parties decline. The Coalition edges two points ahead of Labor in primary support, while Labor remains ahead in the two party preferred vote at a steady fifty one percent, and Albinizi leads Peter Dutton as the choice for better PM forty six to thirty nine. Joe, why are both parties failing to resonate overall with voters?
Speaker 14: Oh, it's across a living crisis, and in bad economic times. You don't say, gee, we've got a great gun, don't we? A bit worried about paying the mortgage this month? Not sure if I'll be able to find a place to rent and put a roof over me and my family's head. But gee, the government's doing a great job. So I think. I think the fact that the opposition has not been able to get more traction out of this, I think does not bode particularly well. It looks like some of the negativity. I think Labor is right and the government's been right say no more silly, stupid memes about nuclear energy. But I think that clearly Dutton has not quite been able to capitalize on people's discontent. But that doesn't mean the discontent isn't there. Clearly, when people are struggling, they're not going to be throwing bouquets at the government, and that's what's happening here. I actually reckon all things considered, it's not a bad result, but what happened to.
Speaker 7: Never waste a crisis like seriously, this should be the time that it's easiest to shine brightest, to come out to people and say, look, this.
Speaker 8: Is the mess we're in.
Speaker 7: We're done throwing mud at each other saying why it's happened.
Speaker 8: This is the mess that we're in. Here's the vision. Here's what I'm doing to get you guys out of it.
Speaker 7: Here's what I'm doing to steady the ship while we're getting through it.
Speaker 8: Here's how we're getting to the other side.
Speaker 7: Right now, there is such a dearth of leadership in this country, like neither Dutton nor Albanese really inspires people with like we have a leader at the helm and thank god nobody nobody is getting that vibe from either of these guys. Now there are potential leaders within the two major parties, but right now is not their time. And I think people look at these two leaders and just go, honestly, much for much, I don't really care. And I think the fact that the parties are so well pretty much even steven at the moment is indicative of the fact voters are alive to the fact that no matter which party they vote for, they keep getting the same outcome.
Speaker 16: And it's been like that last few polls Wow exactly because they're just like Red team or Blue team, whichever one gets up at the end of the day, we just seem to be getting And that speaks to the very little difference that these two major parties now had.
Speaker 14: It also speaks to reality though, that's the thing. The truth is that ingistrates are not going to go down until the economy starts to slow down and there spending. Peter Dutton and Anthony Albanez, you both know that there is no.
Speaker 2: Magic one, all right, would ask you both about this.
Speaker 3: One of Sydney's biggest councils, Randwick, will ramp up security at its next meeting after its Greens mayor accused Israel and its supporters of murdering babies in an inflammatory speech. The Australian can reveal extra guards and council rangers will attend the council's Tuesday session after Mayor Philippa Vetch's fellow counselors and the wider Jewish community claim they had been intimidated about left worried about pro Palestine activists descending on the chamber. Lisa mean, we know that the eastern suburbs of Sydney in particular have higher Jewish populations. To hear a speech like that from a local councilor is awful.
Speaker 7: But why are you insinuating that there's going to be violence against someone who's spoken out with a very disgusting pro Palace spoint.
Speaker 8: That is not the side we're seeing the violence.
Speaker 14: They're worried about proviolence pro Palestinian side. They're not worried about the Jews rising up.
Speaker 7: Someone who has someone who has been really pro Palestinian gone out there.
Speaker 8: I believe it was on a university.
Speaker 2: It was a university campus.
Speaker 7: They're worried that the pro Palestinians are now going to show up and cause trouble at this hero of their movement type. I mean, it just goes it's a council meeting. Are perpetually offended. This is the council which the person who said these inflammatory things which these people who might supposedly rock up and be violent about, they support what this person has done.
Speaker 14: No, no, no, the people who are worried about violence, and other counselors who are not supporters of the mayor. So there's a Jewish counselor who's worried, who said that they felt unsafe because of what the mayor had previously said. So it's not it's not supporters of her. That is complex.
Speaker 2: It's not supporters of her. It's security there just in case it sparks.
Speaker 7: Up, so in case supporters in person raps up.
Speaker 14: Other counselors, including one Jewish counselor, have said that they no longer feel safe because she has whipped up such anti Israeli center previous by calling Israeli.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we're almost out of time.
Speaker 14: But Joan, what do you think I think she's an absolute fruitcake. She's absolutely natty. I think she's the same one who didn't like the statue of Captain QUI.
Speaker 2: Yes it was I remember that one.
Speaker 14: Yes, yeah, I reckon you could see that coming from space. You've got your finger on the pulse of.
Speaker 2: Liszt story, Joan brand We've got to leave it there. Good to have you both on, Thanks for joining me.
Speaker 3: After the break, Democrats scrambled to endorse presidential candidate Kamala Harris after being told of Biden's decision to drop out. Just one minute, would you believe for the rest of the world, welcome back.
Speaker 8: Well.
Speaker 3: Four years ago, COVID put Joe Biden into power, so it seems almost strange that it.
Speaker 2: Was COVID that took power away from him.
Speaker 3: The President gave nothing away in his letter to the American people announcing he will drop out of the race, only that it was in the party's best interest. But the public does deserve to know the truth. Joining me now to discuss is US Republican strategist Colin Reid. Colin, good to see you, Thanks for joining me. Surely dropping out just because you know you can't win. For some Democrat elites to then pick a replacement to lead the party to the next election is not how democratic elections are supposed to be. What's your take on how the party has gone about this.
Speaker 12: It's a little bit ironic that Democratic Party would choose its next nominee this way without any sort of democratic process, especially when fourteen million Democratic primary voters have cast their ballots for Joe Biden over the last six months. It seems as though their voices are just being totally discounted, totally thrown out.
Speaker 1: But look, two questions on my mind.
Speaker 12: One, if Joe Biden is by his own admission, unfit to be president for another four years, why is he qualified right now? And what is that mean for the state of the country these next five months until his term expires. And two, all of these Democratic candidates, including Vice President Harris who's now seeking the office, have been telling us for years that he's up for the job. He's doing jumping jacks. You can't keep up with his energy. He's just this unstoppable force behind the scenes. And now they're saying he's too old to run, he's got to go. So are they lying to us?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 1: Are they lying to us? Now we're going to find out.
Speaker 12: And these are fair questions to be asking that I think are on the minds of all voters right now.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and the public deserved to know the truth. I spoke earlier about this so that the cover up of Joe Biden's health will go down as the Democrats and left wing media's greatest ever hoax. I mean, for years, Colin, they told us he was mentally fit, he was strong. Then suddenly, on June twenty seven, he was exposed to the world at the debate, is completely mentally incompetent.
Speaker 2: And now suddenly there was a Democrat coup.
Speaker 3: I mean, they only acted when he was exposed at the eleventh hour.
Speaker 12: They only acted when it shooted their own political interests, and when it just became this result yesterday, the inevitable reality since the events of June twenty seventh. But look, there's one hundred and some one days left. The other question to be remains is had this debate happened in September instead of June, the Democrats would really be up the creek without a paddle, because then there'd be no time for them to recover. The nomination would have officially happened, he would be the nominee. So look, you'd rather be the Republicans the Democrats right now because the party one party is united, one party is reeling. One party's got the win in its back, one party has got the wind in its face. But this does reset things, and this does give the Democrats a chance they did not have when we woke up yesterday morning. So everything is different, everything is new, but one thing remains the same. Father Time has and always will be undefeated.
Speaker 3: I want to ask you about that before, but before we get to what this means for Trump, there are reports that Joe Biden gave his team a one minute heads up before telling.
Speaker 2: The world of his decision.
Speaker 3: What does that suggest about his decision making process.
Speaker 12: It suggests that the reports about the Bunker mentality are true, that this inner circle had really shrunk. This was a defiant, angry guy who was refusing up until the last minute to recognize the political reality before him. But look, Joe Biden is someone who's been seeking the office he now holds his entire life. He's run for president before twice, nineteen eighty eight, two thousand and eight. Both times ended in spectacularly embarrassing fashion.
Speaker 1: He won in twenty twenty.
Speaker 12: And for someone to voluntarily give up the job they've been seeking their entire lives that happens to be the most powerful and important job in the free world. It's not easy, but I think it's also he didn't do this because he wanted to. He did this because he had to. And however, this ending was going to conclude. It was not going to look good for President Biden. But the more time went on, the more distance he lapsed from the debate, the more of his fellow party members who came out and said, you gotta go, Joe. It was just the situation was getting worse, not better. And there's an old saying in politics, good gets better and bad gets worse. And the Democratic forty was in a really dangerous tailspin.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a really, really good quote. Let's talk now about Kamala Harris.
Speaker 3: It looks as though it will probably be her going up against Donald Trump. This is what Trump has said about her in the past.
Speaker 8: But she seems pretty senile too.
Speaker 1: She speaks in rhyme. It's weird, it's weird, but she has bad moments and in rhyme.
Speaker 2: Well, the way she talks.
Speaker 4: The bus will go here and then the bus will go there, because that's what busses do.
Speaker 1: It's weird. The whole thing is weird. This is not a president of the United States future. That all broken down. Pilot crab. Yeah, it's a bad he just quit. You know, he's quitting. The rest is that right? Yeah, I gotta matter And that means we have Karmala.
Speaker 12: She's so bad, so pathetic.
Speaker 3: It's colin, what sort of a contest will it be between these two?
Speaker 2: If she is indeed endorsed.
Speaker 12: There's no doubt she brings a number of vulnerabilities in lenges to this race. The Vice presidency has not acquitted her well. And you know, frankly, I think President Biden deserves some blame for that. He immediately upon taking office gave her some of the hardest challenges he faced for his administration, including stopping the unmitigated disaster of the southern border of situation. That's frankly, anyone would have had a hard time dealing with, let alone someone with the Vice President Harris's experience. So look, she came into the chance of the twenty twenty race as a really a stock to watch, someone who was potentially on the rise.
Speaker 1: That didn't happen.
Speaker 12: She fell out of the race before votes were even cast, and then President Biden resuscitated her political career by putting her picking her as vice president. So she's got immense challenges. But let's be honest, she's got a pulse, she's ability, she's able to time's former coherent sentence, and that's more than the president, the standard bearer of the President Biden's able to do at this point in time. So, look, they were better off with anyone than him at the top of the ticket. And Republicans or who were hoping they were going to get President Biden, they were right then, and look at anyone better than who they had, it.
Speaker 1: Was a market improvement. But she's got enormous challenges.
Speaker 3: Yeah, absolutely, Look it's going to be interesting to see what happens between now and November.
Speaker 2: Colin Reid, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 1: Thank you have a great day.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 3: Joe Biden's choice peak as the Democratic nominee is Kamala Harris, who current Vice president, a woman who seems more preoccupied with waffling nonsense, just like someone else in the party.
Speaker 9: To see the moment in time in which we exist. During Women's History Month, we celebrate and we honor the women who made history. The significance of the passage of time right, the significance of the passage of time. So when you think about it, there is great significance to the passage of time. It is time for us to do what we have been doing in that time as every day?
Speaker 2: Does she even know what she's saying?
Speaker 3: To discuss this and more, I am joined by Media Research Center Vice President Dan Schneider, Dan, thank you so much for joining us this evening. Kamala Harris is now vowing to win the party's nomination. Here she is rolling out one of her many cringeworthy lines.
Speaker 9: I can imagine what can be and be unburdened by what has been. You know, what can be unburdened by what has been? What can be unburdened by what has been? What can be unburdened by what has been?
Speaker 3: Dan, is this seriously the woman who could possibly be the next president of the United States?
Speaker 6: Well, shockingly, it is possible she could be the next president of the United States, Tenika. But what we're also understanding here is that there is a massive burden on her shoulders that she is not unburdened by and that massive burden is named Brock Obama. We are actually still in the beginning of the civil war within the Democrat Party, the Clintons versus the Obama's, and this has this little civil war has been playing out with the nomination, the presumed nomination of Joe Biden, until Barack Obama began to push him out of the way.
Speaker 3: So do you think then others will put their hand up in the Democrats?
Speaker 6: It's I think most Democrats are sitting back trying to figure out if, in fact Barack Obama has the cloud and the ability to force Kamala Harris out.
Speaker 1: Of the way.
Speaker 6: You know, it's a tricky it's a tricky battle because the Democrat Party here in America, of course, is so wed to the DEI effort that on its face it looks like pushing her out of the way would anger the Black Democrat caucus here in our Congress. But with Barack Obama trying to undermine her, anything is possible.
Speaker 3: And with Biden's announcement it was clearly not a matter of if, But when did the Democrats push Biden out? Only because America found out about his cognitive state, do you think I mean they've been covering it up for years, then led a coup in recent weeks to push him out.
Speaker 6: Right, He's been impaired for a number of years. During the twenty twenty election, when we had our COVID election, he was, of course Biden in the basement, campaigning from the basement. The storyline was that they were letting Donald Trump hang himself, But in fact, anytime we did see Biden speak, we could tell that he was not the same order that he had been before. I would not have ever called him a gifted order, but he certainly had to give to the gap. But in twenty twenty he had lost that edge, and throughout his administration we saw that decline rapidly.
Speaker 3: Yes, you're right, it has certainly been a long time coming. Look, the Democrats have accused Trump of being a threat to democracy, yet voters won't even be given a chance to elect a nominee in the primaries. It's been a complete waste of time. Is that lack of official process a threat to democracy?
Speaker 2: Now? With itself?
Speaker 6: Well, of course, selecting the Democrats next nominee without a single US citizen actually going to the ballot box to vote for him is very undemocratic. I know that many Republicans have tried to call hypocrisy. I doubt that that argument is going to resonate with the American public. They will think that the Democrats ought to be able to have somebody running who.
Speaker 1: Put two brain cells together.
Speaker 6: But you are right, Denika, this is a very undemocratic process that the Democrats are pursuing right now. It sort of calls a lie to the name of their own party. It's an undemocratic Democrat party.
Speaker 3: What do the Democrats in media have to do to ordain themselves after years of line to Americans.
Speaker 1: Well, Americans have a short memory, Danika.
Speaker 6: It will not take long before this is this a thing in the past, our legacy media here in the United States will very aggressively push whoever the ultimate nominee is for the Democrats that they will the media here will rally behind that person to try to prevent Donald Trump from being re elected to the presidency. And then, frankly, regardless of how this next election turns out, the media will continue to push against Republicans supporting the Democrat And we're going to We're going to be back to the same situation within twelve months of this next election.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it is extraordinary. What does this mean for the upcoming Democrat convention.
Speaker 6: Well, yeah, that convention has already begun. It was supposed to begin about a week from now, in a virtual sense, to begin getting these pledged delegates to formally nominate Joe Biden.
Speaker 1: That time period is now in.
Speaker 6: Doubt, But whether it's formally begun or will formally begin soon is almost irrelevant. The real battle has in fact commenced Kamala Harris against all other comers who may or may not be backed by Barack Obama.
Speaker 3: Donald Trump maintains he can beat Kamala Harris. Do you agree or will she be more of a challenge for him?
Speaker 6: If it's possible to imagine a worse candidate than Joe Biden, I think that person embodies, you know, our Vice President Kamala Harris.
Speaker 1: She is not liked.
Speaker 6: She's not liked by her own staff, and I know that you all have reported in the past that she cannot keep her own staff her. You know, people who are employed by her leave that office screaming they dislike her. The rest of the White House staff who has to work with her do not like her. The party's establishment does not like Kamala Harris. She's never once had a job that required her to manage or lead. She has following up her entire career. Frankly, I don't see her running any kind of a campaign, so I think Donald Trump still has a big edge over Kamala Harris. The question then is whether the Democrats' efforts essentially to undermine our own campaign laws will come into play and will Democrats be allowed essentially to manufacture millions and millions of votes outside the regular voting process.
Speaker 3: Yeah, good point, Dan Schnader, great to speak with you. Thank you so much for joining us.
Speaker 1: Thanks to Anika after the break.
Speaker 3: What a presidency under Kamala Harris would mean for Australia and does she have what it takes to address the issues bottom wouldn't.
Speaker 2: Welcome back? Will?
Speaker 3: Prime Minister Anthony Albanesi has congratulated President Biden's decision to drop out of the US presidential race.
Speaker 15: President Biden deserves today, I think, to be recognized for once again not putting himself forward first, but giving his first consideration to being what he believes is in the interests of the United States of America as he has done his whole public life.
Speaker 3: The Opposition stressed the importance of President Biden's role in the Orcus Agreement, urging his replacement to continue to deliver on the Security Pact.
Speaker 17: He has been a great friend of our country and he's been somebody who has strengthened the relationship between our two countries.
Speaker 18: And it's crucial that whoever replaces him in the Oval Office we continue to deliver on the Orcist Partnership, all aspects of the alliance with the United.
Speaker 3: States joining me now is Headline Advisory Director Andrew Carswell, Andrew, good to see you. Does Carmala Harris have what it takes to continue to deliver on the Orchest Agreement?
Speaker 17: Well, I think, judging on her performance as Vice President, there are some serious questions around this and some concerns, and that goes to the leadership of issues, but also communication, which is vital for such agreements. In terms of the leadership, Kamala Harris was put in charge of fixing the borders in the US. It wasn't Joe Biden. It was Kamala Harris that led to what we saw happen at the US Mexico border. An explosion of immigrants crossing over and causing chaos in the US. And that is the lived experience of Americans at the moment. And if you asked Americans what they're angry about, they're angry about inflation, and they're angry about the breakdown.
Speaker 1: At the borders.
Speaker 17: And so the Democrats are taking a massive risk here putting up a candidate who was responsible for the chaos that Americans are seeing.
Speaker 14: At their own border.
Speaker 17: Why is that important for Aucus? It's important to have strong leadership to deliver on AUCUS, to see it to fruition. And in terms of communication, well, words matter, and Kamala Harris has proved to be not very good at using words. You know, there's a vast difference difference between Kamala Harris's ineffective communication and Joe Biden's ineffective communication. At the very least, Kamala Harris understands what she's saying. She might be the only one, but she understands it at least. And secondly, unlike Joe Biden, you can actually get an understanding of the words she's actually saying, and then once you hear them, you probably don't want to understand understand anymore. So why does that matter for Aucus? Well, it matters because when it comes to regional security, when it comes to national security, when it comes to these important bilateral agreements, words matter, the strength of words matter.
Speaker 3: Yeah, no, absolutely, the why you put that? Look, I want to ask you about some matters on the home front. Now, it's been a bruising month for labor. In the polls News Poll shows the coalition up two points in primary vote support, and even in the Financial reviews Freshwater Pole it shows the Coalition leading Albanese's government by fifty one to forty nine two party preferred.
Speaker 2: Andrew, how do you read these figures?
Speaker 17: Well, the trend isn't the friend of the Albanzi government at the moment. We're seeing a number of poles now suggest that the decline is continuing. The Albanezi government has failed to arrest the slump in its own numbers in terms of its primary which is sitting well underneath what it was when they won.
Speaker 1: In twenty twenty two.
Speaker 17: But of particular concern that the personal approval ratings of Anthony Alberanzi, which continue to be in the toilet now Normally at this stage of a cycle, six to ten months out from an election. Governments wouldn't be that concerned about it. You know, fifty to fifty is okay for an incumbent government government government, But when you look at the Ford Agenda of the alban Ezy government, there are some deep concerns that they can arrest this slide. There is nothing in their Ford agenda that is positive. You look at the next couple of weeks and a couple of sitting weeks here in Parliament, they have to deliver on environmental reform and I say reform pitting themselves against farmers, mine as the business community. It is going to be a mess. Is that going to win the support of Australians hardly? And then you move on to religious discrimination where they risk alienating further religious communities and people of faith in Australia. So it's hardly a positive few months ahead and we're not going to see that slide be arrested by anything the oven Ezy government does.
Speaker 14: And then the'st a couple of weeks.
Speaker 3: No, especially given the big issues at stake here that you just mentioned.
Speaker 2: Andrew Carswell, good to speak with you.
Speaker 3: Thank you so much for joining us this evening, for coming up after the break as Joe Biden front's reality and blows up the democratic process. Is Vice President Kamala Harris a lot to get the nomination, wouldn't be so sure?
Speaker 2: Welcome back? Well.
Speaker 3: Democrats have raised nearly fifty million US dollars in small donations since Joe Biden dropped out, making it the party's biggest day since twenty twenty. Joddy b now is Kinny's contributor. Koshagada, koshare good to see you.
Speaker 2: The money is coming in thick and fast.
Speaker 8: It sure is.
Speaker 19: I think this is the money or the monetary reflection of I think what we all can expect to transpire now that this day many people were calling and predicting has happened, which is that you're going to see sort of the narrative shaping happen. The media is going to fall back in line. They're going to give Joe Biden the hero send off with all the trappings of libraries and book deals and all the rest of it. And then came life. It's her, whoever the nominee is, if they go the open convention route, is going to be the anointed one. And so the money is just a reflection of how the base and the donor class and the Democrat Party is feeling because they've achieved, know what they've been pushing for now for three weeks.
Speaker 2: So what happens next then?
Speaker 3: Is it truly an open convention or is Kamala Harris being dem nominee a foregone conclusion?
Speaker 19: I think, you know, this is so unprecedented in US politics that nobody actually knows the answer to that. And those power factions that we've been talking about who are gunning for Biden to stay or to drop those factions and all that infighting still remains, and you see different camps of people. The Clintons have endorsed her, the Obamas have not. However, smart money seems to be that Kamala still has the advantage, and even if it's an open convention, it's sort of an open convention without being open, where it's almost like window dressing. But the foregone conclusion would be her.
Speaker 2: We don't know.
Speaker 19: But the reasons for that is because she holds the money advantage. She gets to keep this funding that you just mentioned. They've raised procedural advantages and optical advantages where she is at least on paper the vice president and in the event that Biden has pushed out before the which some factions are saying, you know, that might even happen. Then she gets to actually be president, which will elevate her even more and they'll just be really difficult for someone else to unseat her. But we shall find out in two short weeks.
Speaker 3: Why haven't the Obamas come out and endorsed her.
Speaker 2: What's the strategy there?
Speaker 19: You know, I think it is that they're trying to either actually generate momentum for an open convention, because everybody knows the biggest open secret in politics is she's a very unlikable, unpopular candidate, and all the evidence supports that when she's run previously, in terms of the number of delegates she's gotten and votes she's gotten, or if it is the latter, that they're stuck with her for lack of a better word, even though she's not the best politician or campaigner. It provides that veneer of legitimacy because Joe Biden did win all the delegates, millions of people voted for him in their primary process. They didn't open it up to competition at that time, and now they sort of have to provide that veneer that you know what, we are still a party that runs a process that allows people to.
Speaker 2: Vote who they want.
Speaker 19: They're not nominated, and I think Obama's just trying to shore up that position, even though I think we all can see that that's not likely to be what happens.
Speaker 3: And if we take a look at the polls, Kosher Kamala Harris would be starting from behind if she is selected by the Democrats to take on Donald Trump. The latest polling said forty six point three percent to Trump's forty eight percent. Trump is still ahead, but is it fair to say that the gap narrows if it is indeed Kamala, I mean, will the switch to her actually work?
Speaker 19: This is the part that's so fascinating. So she is a very unpopular candidate, behind dramatically.
Speaker 8: In all the polls.
Speaker 19: She got zero delegates in the Democrat primary the cycle, she got zero point eight percent of the vote when she was even running in California, which is a deep blue state for attorney general. So she does not have the best track record of whenever she's actually campaigning and running. That said, I would not underestimate the power of the machinery, which includes you know, the media giving her lots of glowing puff pieces, the cover girl treatment, she's going to get on various magazine everybody falling in line and giving her opportunities for photo ops and real presidential situations and meeting with foreign leaders and all of that stuff. When that happens, I would not be surprised if you see that gap shrink, and I think we can expect it. I've maintained that this is going to be a very very close election, notwithstanding all this craziness that's happening, and I think the gap will close no matter who it is.
Speaker 3: Look, I mean, it's been another fascinating day, but I've got to say, Kosher, it caps off what has been a really fascinating four weeks in US politics.
Speaker 2: And they say that a week is.
Speaker 3: A long time in politics, and well, it certainly has been a fascinating month. Kosher Garda, we're out of time. Really appreciate you joining us. Thank you so much for your company this evening, and thank you for joining me on the program. Sharry Markson will return to the program tomorrow night, but do stay with us here on Sky News.
Speaker 2: Up now, it's Paul Murray Live,