Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: Welcome the late Plase.
Speaker 3: Good evening, great to have your company. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond. We've got a lot to get through tonight, including a drug lord wanted by police is caught not because he made a mistake, but because his wife couldn't resist posting photographs of their lavish European holiday on Instagram.
Speaker 1: And that's what the cops.
Speaker 3: We'll get to that a bit later. Plus when we look at the papers, the new South Wales government requires projects to undergo a gender impact assessment before they can be approved. And another story making news tomorrow, of course, in Queensland, the LNP are hitting pause on all hormone therapy for children suffering from gender dysphoria.
Speaker 1: We'll get to all of that.
Speaker 3: A little later, but first, a man told by a pub to remove his Donald Trump maga hat is now considering taking the case to the Victorian Equal Rights, Equal Opportunities in Human Rights Commission. Angela Notter was enjoying a birthday celebration at the Captain Baxter Pub in St Kilda on Australia Day when he says the manager told him to remove the Donald Trump hat or be thrown out. Here's what happened.
Speaker 4: I was just basically needs you to remove the hat because it's provoking political violence, and if I don't remove it.
Speaker 1: I'll be evicted out of the venue.
Speaker 4: I've actually worn the hat probably four times at the same venue in the last last eight weeks, so it's a surprise to me.
Speaker 5: I'm actually a regular there as well.
Speaker 3: Now in Victoria, it's illegal to discriminate against somebody because of their political beliefs. So Angelo notas says, absent any apology from the pub, he's going to sue them for discrimination. Meanwhile, he got some support from an un likely quarter in Victorian Premier of all people, just into Ellen.
Speaker 6: Let's not find places for division where there isn't any.
Speaker 5: If someone wants to wear a hat, that's a matter for them.
Speaker 6: Let's not find places for division where there aren't any.
Speaker 1: I know what you're thinking.
Speaker 3: It's a bit rich for just Into Allen to deride people for causing division when she's busy doing a secret treaty with Indigenous people not long after the country voted no at the Voice referendum. But anyway, let just into Ellen do just Into Allen. I reckon Angelo not that should absolutely take this to the Human Rights Commission. Play these guys at their own game, because we all know if he'd been wearing, say, I don't know, a Black Lives Matter hat with a kafir and Gay Pride earrings, do you think anyone would have said a word.
Speaker 1: He probably would have got free drinks all night.
Speaker 3: In addition to that, the charge of inciting political violence Calebin Liz.
Speaker 1: I mean, who would get upset about her hat? Surely not that the left.
Speaker 3: I mean they just love diversity and inclusion and they're all about love being love. What a final point, how is it that Angelo not can't wear a Donald Trump hat to the local pub, but Grace Tame Liz can wear an F. Murdoch T shirt to the lodge? And now Thony Albanezi doesn't say a word. He should absolutely sue them for everything they've got and see if the Human Rights Commission will actually do anything about this.
Speaker 5: Two very different situations.
Speaker 6: There having been a staffer, I would blame Elbow's staffers. I don't believe Elbow when he's like, look, there was a long line of people waiting to shake my hand. I didn't see a t shirt till she got to the front of the line. And then, as I've argued live on air before, I would have shaken her hand too, because little idiocyes like this, like I'm not shaking your hand because you wear a T shirt.
Speaker 5: That says f Liz stra.
Speaker 6: That idiocy, that juvenile behavior is for the left. I'm not offended by you. You can try to offend me or you like it simply doesn't work. Obviously the proprietor of this.
Speaker 5: Business is a Lefty. Either that or they.
Speaker 6: Genuinely saw some glances being exchanged and didn't want that vibe last.
Speaker 5: But here's the thing.
Speaker 6: On many occasions will argue in favor of the proprietor not having to put up with anything that they see fIF they want to eject people from.
Speaker 5: That's your place of business.
Speaker 6: You own the place, you're paying the bills, you're putting up the risk of running a business. It is your place, and I will stand by your right, But it's also our right to be like, oh, fair, go what the heck. Obviously this person was basically projecting their own beliefs and ejecting this guy ou to the place because they didn't They're not a Trump fan, and I can tell you, as someone who wears a lot of Trump paraphernalia and has since twenty fifteen, this is not uncommon. I've never been a you did from a premises before. But I can't count the amount of coffees that have been spat in, and maybe worse has been done to my food.
Speaker 5: But I get around in a.
Speaker 6: Cat all the time, and I will unthinkingly to me it's a cap. I forget what I say, it says, and you'll walk in and my friend will literally be like that barista, like.
Speaker 5: The person behind the till. They're all so cold to us for absolutely.
Speaker 6: No reason, and I'll laugh and be like, no, it's because of my Trump gap. Like people genuine I've had women specifically walk up to me and be like, I'm just walking down the road again, not thinking about my cap, and they'll yell in your face.
Speaker 5: Are you effing kidding me? You've got to be fing kidding me? And I'm like, is she talking to me? Like what's with her? And then I get home and realize I've.
Speaker 6: Been told that, oh, you know, the security cameras will be following you harder than anybody else since you're where people perceptions of what it is to wear something with the name Trump on it, or to bear his brand in any way, goes to show just how effective Trump arrangement syndrome is. It's been driven by the media. It's not just American. The lefty media here have done exactly the same job. People see a Maga cat, people see Trump twenty twenty or whatever T shirt I'm wearing that day, and they genuinely zero.
Speaker 5: In on you, and the sentiment is negative. If only they knew. I just love it. I love it. It's kryptonide.
Speaker 7: I'm absurd to think that that wearing paraphernalia bearing the name of a mainstream political leader the dude is actually the President of the United States is somehow political incitement of some description. And it is so you do, unfortunately, have to think about this stuff. And before the election, one morning I woke up and realized there was no orange juice in the house. This one Saturday morning, I think it was ever stay actually, So I put on my Make America grating in hat and toddled off down the street with my girlfriend, who bemed with me to not wear the hat because I don't say I'm not going to get rid of im. No, no, no, hang on, let me finish the story. She begged me not to wear the hat because I live in the inner West of Sydney, which is full of lefties, and she was worried that we would get jumped. I said, no, no, I'm going to do it. I'm going to do it because that's what they want. They want to cow you into silence. So I wore the hat and we walked up Norton Street in Likehart and popped into a little Italian deli and my girlfriend's.
Speaker 4: Like, Oh, what's going to happen here?
Speaker 2: What's going to happen here?
Speaker 7: And I took the orange juice up to the counter, and the two Italian gents behind the counter, who appeared to be.
Speaker 2: Brothers, said we love the show and we love the hat. And I turned to my girl and I say, well, there you go. See there's nothing wrong with it.
Speaker 7: But that's what they want you to feel scared, and the idea that you can't go to a pub or a bar, or a restaurant or whatever it is without fear of being kicked out for saying that you support a leader who has the support of the majority of electors. In one of our biggest allies in the world is crazy and the owners of the Captain Baxter Bar, I think ought to be looking at themselves here because the Captain Baxter Bar is named after Captain Benjamin Baxter, who in eighteen thirty six was asked to accompany a boatload of convicts to Australia and he then came to Australia landed in Sydney in May eighteen thirty seven. He was then meant to go on a mission to India, but decided Bagger that I like this Australia joint ended up down in Melbourne, which was at the time just being established. He turned out to be the first Postmaster.
Speaker 2: General of Melbourne.
Speaker 7: Right, So this is one of the blogs who was involved in setting up the quality in Victoria, and that is who is being honored by this bar.
Speaker 6: Educate the next thing we know, they're going to have a name chant.
Speaker 5: Environment. The more you've got to wear the paraffin out here.
Speaker 6: I was living in Darlinghurst at the time, which is like the lgbt.
Speaker 5: IQ capital of the world, not just Sydney.
Speaker 6: Little did I know I'd recently moved to Sydney and people were literally like staring at you like you had three heads.
Speaker 5: Then when I was going to use it, University of Sydney, the young people all, my.
Speaker 6: Goodness, you wearing your trump cap was enough to set them howling an entire group.
Speaker 2: I love that.
Speaker 3: There's the Melbourne musician, she's the lead singer of the Jezebels and Jims on Sky News a couple of months ago where she posted a photograph of herself wearing a Trump hat on Instagram and immediately concert bookings were canceled. Her debut album or a new album coming out suddenly was jeopardized.
Speaker 1: So this is a big thing. But I do think take.
Speaker 3: It to the Victorian Equal Opportunities Human Rights Commission.
Speaker 1: It's always used against conservative that happens.
Speaker 3: And they bank on the fact that we say, ah, well, it's just one of those things. No, no, you should push back, use their own rules against them and see where it lands.
Speaker 2: See what happens.
Speaker 7: I was also recently wearing a T shirt my brother gave me for Christmas and it says on it taking out the trash and it's Donald Trump wheeling out, Joe Biden and Kamala Harris in a garbage bin. And I wore it in a cafe at Coldale on the south coast here in New South Wales, and lo and behold, a bloke came up and said, I love the show. It's the calling card, a calling card.
Speaker 2: To say yes, it's okay. We are your people and we do exist.
Speaker 7: While we're talking about Donald Trump, the executive orders do not stop. I mean this blow promise to get stuff done in his first days as president, and that is exactly what he has been doing.
Speaker 2: A whole new slew of executive orders.
Speaker 7: Have come down from the Great Man relating to the military and trans ideology, etc.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to explain it. The man do it for himself.
Speaker 6: Here.
Speaker 1: He is.
Speaker 8: Next to ensure that we have the most lethal fighting force in the world. We will get transgender ideology the hell out of our military. It's going to be gone. In addition, we will stop our service members from being indoctrinated with radical left ideologies such as critical race theory. We're going to stop it. It's already been stopped. It's already been halted, totally halted. And finally, we will offer full reinstatement to any service member who was expelled from the Armed Forces due to the COVID vaccine mandate, and we will restore them to their former rank with full pay.
Speaker 2: Common Sense is back.
Speaker 7: Baby a note there, he says at the end, all servicemen who stood down because they didn't take the COVID vaccine will be reinstated to their former positions with full pay.
Speaker 2: Common Sense is back.
Speaker 7: He also to say, Israel has an iron Dome, and of course here we are the US, one of the biggest, most important countries in the world. We will eventually become a target of China, and then by extension, countries like Australia and the UK, and Canada and Japan. All of our allies should be equally worried. Donald Trump says, we are going to have our iron Dome for ourself.
Speaker 8: Take a look to immediately begin the construction of estate of the iron Dome missile defense shield, which we'll be able to protect Americans. You know, we protect other countries, but we don't protect ourselves. And when Ronald Reagan wanted to do it many years ago, luckily we didn't. We didn't have the technology. Then it was a concept where we didn't. How we have phenomenal technology. You see that with Israel. We're out of three hundred and nineteen rockets, they knocked down just about every one of them. So I think the United States is entitled to that, and everything will be made right here in the USA one hundred percent.
Speaker 7: And as he describes there, the Iron Dome is a miss defense system. It stops missiles in their tracks. A country like the United States, which has reason to believe it could potentially be a threat, would want something like that. And of course we talk about creating jobs for people that are outside the realms of AI. That is about as good as it could get.
Speaker 4: And you and I are.
Speaker 2: Here thinking, great, this man is on the job.
Speaker 7: But not everyone is so happy because Trump is actually following through on the things he said he would do. Exhibit A Selena Gomez, the famous singer Once upon a Time dated Justin Bieber. I think most recently she's been doing a cooking show, which I must admit I've watched.
Speaker 4: A bit of and enjoyed.
Speaker 2: But take a look at this.
Speaker 7: She seems totally unhinged here reacting to the fact that illegal immigrants, that is, people who shouldn't be in the United States because they entered the country illegally, are being deported.
Speaker 5: I just sort of say that overtill.
Speaker 9: Sorry, only people who are getting attaged children.
Speaker 5: They're I'm so sorry.
Speaker 2: I wish she could do something that he care.
Speaker 5: I don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: I'll trimphy. She says, my people are being deported.
Speaker 7: I didn't know Selena Gomez was an illegal immigrant. She does have Mexican heritage, but she's third generation in the United States, and her mother, who is the Mexican side of her family, I believe, I'm sorry.
Speaker 2: I think it's her father is the.
Speaker 7: Mexican side of her family legally migrated to the United States.
Speaker 2: I don't know what she.
Speaker 7: Means when she says my people, but I think my reaction to that was all along the lines of this.
Speaker 4: London I mean, how good is that?
Speaker 2: Which is just overlay that over the top of all.
Speaker 7: These lefties melting down over Donald Trump. But some interesting stuff, well, I mean some great stuff that he's laid out here in terms of we're getting DEI out of the military, transgender ideology is gone, We're having military men back with back pay who were dismissed for not taking the calla vaccine. We're going to look at building our own iron dome. I mean the man is on fire.
Speaker 3: Getting DEI out of the military is such an obvious thing to do. It's amazing that it has to be done, but good on him for doing it. And it's not just that the military won't take transgendered people. They will get rid of the about fifteen thousand transgendered people currently serving in the military.
Speaker 1: And it makes sense in this regard.
Speaker 3: If you've got a tooth cavity, you are unfit to be deployed. If you had sleep out near until recently, you were unfit to be deployed.
Speaker 1: If you've got any condition that.
Speaker 3: Requires ongoing medical care, you can't be deployed. And Trump says our military needs to be ready and it needs.
Speaker 1: To be lethal.
Speaker 3: So you can't have thousands of people who are unable to be deployed because they have an ongoing medical condition that requires ongoing care. It's nothing against transgendered people, it's just that the military is not the place for them.
Speaker 1: So I think.
Speaker 3: Starbucks will have a lot of people lining up ready to be employed there.
Speaker 1: Because Starbucks, you have a love for the VBT.
Speaker 6: They do, although they are among the growing list of massive corporates that are doing away with their DEI.
Speaker 5: So who knows who they will.
Speaker 6: Be employing next in the lineup. But this is also a duty of care issue. If I know that you aren't fit body and mind, well I don't believe you to be, then you shouldn't be if I'm taking good care of you. You shouldn't be in a high pressure job like the military when you not being at your peak could cost somebody else and you your own life. As for the iron Dome, I find this really interesting, right because the US spent three billion dollars helping develop Israel's iron dome. They have wanted one sooner, but Israel won't share the technology. I'm like, given that they are the country that's since since their existence, has received more foreign aid from the US than any other country on Earth, you'd think they just give it up out a gratitude and be like, hey, we're mates, we're allies.
Speaker 5: Let sharees ease.
Speaker 6: But they're literally like, now you can make your own mates, We're not letting you in on ours. Although it begs the question because obviously the land mass of Israel versus the US what Trump is talking about anywhere, same technology, but on a scale that is oh my goodness, ten thousand times bigger, and when you consider how much just one of the batteries costs to power the Iron Dome, my goodness. I genuine maybe technology has changed, but I used to have an absolute obsession with the Iron Dome, so I know a lot more about it than the average normal person. And when he's talking about one that's going to cover such a ginormous land mass, it sounds great, but in practice, I'm like, I don't know.
Speaker 5: We'll see about that one. Let me know when you've drawn up some plans.
Speaker 3: What's interesting about the Israel situation as I understand that the key part of the technology they will not share with America is described as the source codes, And as I understand it, they simply don't trust or didn't trust America that they could give up that information, which could then allow enemies, if it was ever leaked, to hack into the Iron Dome, which of course is their insurance policy against destruction. And I'm not so sure that you would blame the Israelis for not trusting an American administration.
Speaker 2: Particularly Trump.
Speaker 1: Maybe Trump is building it exactly their allies.
Speaker 6: I just I just see that as so flipp and ungrateful. You literally know, David no guess who's fitting the bill, the US.
Speaker 5: Do you know how many.
Speaker 6: Thousands US currently on least they only have peace in the Middle.
Speaker 5: East because of the US might.
Speaker 6: Every time net Yahoo gets around with big dog energy telling Iran this has got to be war, et cetera, and so on, he's not threatening with ISRAELI might. He is threatening because he knows he's one hundred and ten thousand percent backed by the US. As it is, Iran versus Israel would be my goodness, I don't know, because when you think when people think about Iran, they're not thinking of a nation of ninety million people. It's literally over ten times the size of Israel, and the size of their militaries and their military might is directly reflected in the massive population different. So trust me, Israel would never be picking a fight with Iran.
Speaker 5: What threatening like net Yea? Who does without knowing?
Speaker 6: We owe our lives in every inch of this land to the backing of the American.
Speaker 5: That's why I'm like, heck, just share the code.
Speaker 1: Whatever the case right to me?
Speaker 3: Would you trust an administration like we've just seen in the past four you.
Speaker 2: Biden had probably.
Speaker 3: Differentistration now your point we are now and it's like it's a week old, so give it a little time to rebook.
Speaker 5: The administration would have done with the codes, leads them. No, they would have just you wouldn't put.
Speaker 1: Anything beyond the administration.
Speaker 7: The fact that we ever trusted with the nuclear codes in the first place.
Speaker 2: Is it crazy? Probably not he had them. I hope he didn't know.
Speaker 3: He had them there somewhere on the beach at Delaware and no one's been able to find.
Speaker 2: Well, that's it.
Speaker 4: When someone digs them up, we're going to be in.
Speaker 2: Seriously big travel.
Speaker 7: Just quickly before we move on though, And while we're talking about Donald trampnall this DEI stuff which he's doing away with, and of course he's causing other businesses to do away with it. I have listened to this teacher having an absolute meltdown over the fact that DEI policies are being torn up because by not having a DEI policy, it is in some way.
Speaker 2: A threat to my life. My very existence is.
Speaker 7: Against the idea of their not being DEI.
Speaker 9: My name is doctor Tracy Castro Girl, and my pronouns are there them. I am a disabled queer Chiganeki's educator and scholar in Washington State. With my expertise noncurriculum and instruction. These are markers that were medi illegal recently in the federal government. However, my very presence and humanity is in our position to that legislation. I want to remind us that George Orwell in his novel nineteen eighty four, warned us about limiting how we are allowed to define ourselves and our experiences and how that allows fascism to take root.
Speaker 7: Very sorry, that was actually tonight's episode of South Park. I mean, for goodness, if your existence is somehow anathema to the idea of DEI or you know the I DEI means that you have your job, it means you.
Speaker 2: Shouldn't have your job, does it not. I mean, she's just saying out loud the quiet part. If it worked for de I, probably wouldn't have any employment. Well, you don't deserve the employment.
Speaker 3: It's a classic example of Trump derangement syndrome, stage five.
Speaker 1: For which there is just no cure.
Speaker 3: But the other thing that doesn't make sense and maybe I need to be helped on this, but she describes herself as transgendered blah blah blah Chickenaki, which is a non binary Mexican, how can you be transgendered and non binary the same That doesn't kind of.
Speaker 5: So much to question these things.
Speaker 1: I want to understand this to make sense.
Speaker 6: What matters is that it makes sense to her, okay, and it's her identity for her to identify however she sees fit. To Germany now, where things are heating up with regard to this is an election year for them, and it's very very interesting. We all know the pearls forming on the necklace of the conservative arc in that part of the world. Germany looks set to be that next pearl. You remember last September they had their state elections and the world was shot by how well the AfD, the far right party the other media would like to tell you.
Speaker 5: Did in Germany.
Speaker 6: It concerned everybody else in German Parliament and they decided, well, we've got to make a lot of changes because clearly the people have spoken they want us to be tougher on immigration above all else. So they started tinkering with their immigration policies, knowing that as soon as the nation I went back to the polls, this time for a federal election, the main ruling party would be thrown out the window. There is absolutely no hope for them looking at the numbers. So a month ago Chancellor Schultz said, I've put up a motion of no confidence in myself and my own government. I'm voting for it. You should too. Let's just go to an early election. And that's exactly what Germany has done. But check this out at the recent AfD rally, this majorly far right party, which basically, just like every other European smart party, is very strong an immigration. Those are the policies that they are taking to this election. Who shows up to speak via zoom but Elon Musk himself. Here he is addressing the AfD party.
Speaker 5: It's okay to be proud to be German.
Speaker 7: This is a very important principle, and it's proud.
Speaker 2: It's okay.
Speaker 9: It's good to be proud of German culture.
Speaker 1: German values, and not to lose that in some sort.
Speaker 4: Of multiculturalism that that that louts.
Speaker 6: Everything glory, glory, hallelujah. I absolutely love this from Musk. He's always sung from this nationalist songbook. It doesn't matter which country he's talking about. He has said at nauseum, when I go to Argentina, I want it to be Argentinian.
Speaker 5: When I go here, I want it to be that. When I go to Poland, I want it to be Polish.
Speaker 6: He is proudly nationalist, not just for America, but for every other country on the face of the earth, and for that reason he doesn't like mass immigration, especially illegal mass immigration. And this really speaks to the point that that Serena Gomes clip brought up for me, because sure we can laugh at it for obvious reasons, but the fact of what's the matter is it is inherent in every single human being.
Speaker 5: This blood community.
Speaker 6: She's crying because she is part Mexican, and so despite being American born, despite having American born one parent at least, she deeply resonates and deeply identifies with these people that, in her perception, is being persecuted.
Speaker 5: Now, this is just total human nature.
Speaker 6: The amount of studies on this are a mile high, probably.
Speaker 5: More than that.
Speaker 6: But only Europeans have been brainwashed out of this way of thinking, have been brainwashed into believing, oh, no, everyone's your brother. It doesn't matter the color of their skin, or their creed, their religion, or how much it differs to yours.
Speaker 5: We're all saying same.
Speaker 6: That's the beauty of multiculturalism or cultures are equal, and you're a racist if you believe otherwise. And the one thing I loved about that Serena Gomes clip is because it was that very contradiction on display. I'm sure she's a proud American as well, but here are the Mexicans also a blood community of hers, and she is.
Speaker 5: Feeling it deeply.
Speaker 6: This is part of the human condition and it speaks to this universal truth of homeland and one of the reasons, and we never talk about this that with immigration. If you have immigrated to Australia, wherever you're from, let's say, for argument's sake, you're from India.
Speaker 5: Not picking on India.
Speaker 6: I've been there, it's beautiful, I love the people, et cetera, and so on. But you have a homeland to return to should you see fit with its own history, rich culture, religions, language, dialects of the language.
Speaker 5: I don't you have moved into my home.
Speaker 6: And that is why we are seeing this uprising throughout Europe, Germany included. They're looking around their home and saying, well, this doesn't resemble Germany anymore. If other people are outnumbering Germans, this is no longer Germany.
Speaker 5: It's a statement of fact.
Speaker 6: It's something that the globalists have dried for years and years and years to water board out of everyone of European descent, and it's simply not working. We are seeing the tide turning and I love it well.
Speaker 3: I mean, what you're saying is so obvious that it's amazing that globalists missed it. But that was the whole point of multiculturalism, right then, the whole point everything you've just said. Will all just be a wonderful, homogeneous mob until something happens in a person's homeland and all of a sudden, we've got people on the streets of Sydney who aren't so much Australian as Middle Eastern all of a sudden, who knew well, it was always going to happen eventually, And of course Germany have seen the results of that, which is why the AfD appolling now at what twenty percent? I think they're the second most popular party. What's interesting, though, Caleb is Elon Musk, who's part of the Trump administration or is he not. He's got this weird relationship with Trump contracting, So when he's Elon Musk pontificate not pontificating.
Speaker 1: I agree with everything he said, but when you.
Speaker 3: See him bigger than Ben Her on the screen endorsing a particular German political party, is that Elon Musk? Is that American foreign policy? Is that Donald Trump? Who does Elon Musk speak for?
Speaker 1: Is it a little.
Speaker 3: Confusing with his role in the administration. And I don't begrudge him for saying what he thinks, but his position in the US is a little murky, which makes his message questionable as to exactly is this just him or does this reflect Trump?
Speaker 1: Does this reflect America?
Speaker 2: Perhaps?
Speaker 7: But there's a very good reason that he hasn't been appointed to any legitimate position within the Trump fole. This is a this Doge Department of Government Efficiency, isn't an actual government department, with very good reason, because then he would essentially be a representative of of Donald Trump. And it's been done so he doesn't have to deal with all of that, And I think that's fine. Elon Musk as well within his rights to talk to any party in any country he wants. He's well within his rights to give his money to any person or any party in any country he wants.
Speaker 2: Because of course Rich lefties have.
Speaker 7: Been doing that forever and ever and ever and ever and ever, and you know, we sort of say, oh, well, that person's evil or whatever. But now that it's Elon Musk doing it, the left is coming after him so hard and claiming, you know, because he went to Trump's inauguration and said, oh, you know, from the bottom of my heart, now he's a Nazi because he's done an alleged Nazi salute. Then he goes and talks to the AfD and this is what they tried to do it with this again. I mean, he said, you know, it's okay to be German, you can.
Speaker 6: Be proud, and they're like, whoa, Well, that must mean he's saying it's okay to be a Nazi.
Speaker 7: Well, no, you'd be hard pressed to find any country on Earth that has done so much to right the wrongs of its past.
Speaker 2: They are so aware of the wrongs of their past in Germany.
Speaker 7: When it's ok to be proud to be German, he's not saying it's okay to be proud of what Hitler did.
Speaker 2: He's saying it's okay.
Speaker 7: To be proud of the fact that we from that built a country that will never do that again. It is okay to say that we like the countries we live in. That is not a crazy thing for anyone to say. But the reason the left are so angry about it is because he's doing what they've been doing for a very long time. Someone else has cottoned onto the game, and they can't believe someone else has cottoned onto the game because all of a sudden they're losing the game. That's the best part of it. I'll tell you who's losing as well. That's people living in Melbourne. Now, that's probably true, has.
Speaker 2: Been true for a very long time.
Speaker 7: But you got to ask the question, why would you want to be a small business owner, probably anywhere in this country, but particularly in Melbourne right now, which is in the grips of a crime crisis. Much like there's a youth crime crisis up in Queensland, there is a youth crime crist us down in Melbourne. There's a general crime crisis in Melbourne, to the point now where insurance companies are refusing to ensure small businesses against theft because they say theft is such a problem that they would literally be paying out claims all the time, and so they do not want to take on the risk.
Speaker 2: I mean that is absolutely insane.
Speaker 7: These are the offenses recorded in shopping centers in twenty twenty four alone last year in the Melbourne CBD one Thy one hundred and twenty five, in Casey nine hundred and seventy eight whittle See eight hundred and twelve, Windham eight hundred and three, Merabanon seven hundred and fifteen. The insurance companies have had jack of it and said this is costing us too much. So now small businesses are sitting there wide open, essentially saying, you know, come and rob us. There is nothing we can do about it. They have no security now whatsoever, unless they're willing to pay for a security guard to come and stand.
Speaker 2: Out the front of the store.
Speaker 7: You've even got chocolate chops Coco Black in Melbourne now in the Sea a chocolate shop, for heaven's sake is paying for private security to stand out the front of their shop in front of the town hall because their staff are constantly being harassed by people. This is the state of play in Melbourne now. This is sad on two fronts that shop owners even have to deal with this.
Speaker 2: Right the theft is so bad. Violence is so bad that.
Speaker 7: They've got no option but to put private security on the front door. But this is so slack of the insurance companies who once again, we were talking a couple of weeks ago about the situation with bush fires etc. And how it's all going to flow into Australia after the fires in LA and the insurance companies don't want to take on the risk. Part of insurance is taking on a risk. I mean it's a form of gambling. You say that this won't happen. I say that this will happen. I'll give you money in case it does happen. The insurance companies now go, well, we don't want to take any risk at all. I didn't think that's how insurance worked to be perfectly, But what am I giving your money? Exactly like, you cannot be a small business owner if you can't take out insurance against theft.
Speaker 2: It is as simple as that. So what do you meant to do?
Speaker 5: Give up?
Speaker 2: Just give up.
Speaker 3: You've got to feel for Melbourne business owners. I mean the media quote of one guy and Dandenong who's got an iPhone store and he claims he's been robbed pretty much every week for the better part of twelve months, and police rock up after he reports the crime, they get the CCTV footage, they catch the kids, and then the next week it's pretty much the same kids robbing him all over again. So I appreciate what you say about the insurance companies, but I don't think they're the real villains here. The real villains the Victorian government and the judiciary who failed to crack down on this crime and stamp it out. And the other strange thing about this is, at the same time that insurance companies are saying we will either jack up the premium so much that businesses can't afford them, or we just won't ensure you for theft, the Victorian police are saying crime at shoppings has actually gone down. So that begs the question who do you believe. Do you believe the Victorian police and their elastic statistics, or do you believe the insurance companies who do the math and work out the odds.
Speaker 6: Well, the insurance companies have more skin in the game.
Speaker 5: I eat Monday Or's.
Speaker 6: The police, of course, just want to make themselves look a bit better than they are, don't we.
Speaker 5: All, But we've all we got to a break.
Speaker 6: Do you wear an Apple watch? Because guess what, they're riddled with pfas. It's in the armband, and they're being taken to court over this.
Speaker 5: Check this out. Check out this headline. By the way, nobody panic, but.
Speaker 6: Best selling Apple product that's been exposing us to tenser. Okay, so this case is based on the fact that.
Speaker 5: People are wearing these bands as you do with a watch.
Speaker 6: What's sixteen hours a day, maybe more, Maybe you.
Speaker 5: Sleep in your watch.
Speaker 6: But there are literally photos online of people showing what's happened to their rist after they've been wearing this, sometimes years on end.
Speaker 5: They're every waking moment.
Speaker 6: So there's been a lawsuit launch because it is basically Apple are accused of not telling people that there's toxic levels of forever chemicals p fas.
Speaker 5: You know, I love to bash on.
Speaker 6: About this topic in their bands, and we know that pfas you can absorb very easily through the skin.
Speaker 5: It can be orally, it can be through the skin. Heck, they're even in our band aids.
Speaker 6: So you just slap that bad boy and it's straight into your blood stream. So the lawsuit, we're told today, the lawsuit draws on a recent study that tested twenty two watch bands purchased in the US from various brands, finding that fifteen of them contained pfast chemicals, and some were made by.
Speaker 5: The Tech Giant and Apple Watch Nike.
Speaker 6: Apple says all three are made from fluoroelastoma, a synthetic rubber that contain fluorine, but the lawsuit A ledges that the Tech Giant wrongfully concealed the fact that this synthetic rubber contains pee fasts.
Speaker 5: So, just so I'm jogging.
Speaker 6: Your memory, p FAS has been connected to a number of different cancers. It's been connected to birth defects and fertility ladies.
Speaker 5: Also, it's in your feminine products. Check that out.
Speaker 6: It's already been connected to gosh, the list of cancers, prostrate, kidney, testicula. So this stuff is bad stuff. And what if I said every time it comes up? The government doesn't care because in order for them to do this, they would have to put their foot on the necks of massive corporates that are pumping out products from toothfloss to feminine hygiene products, to cooking to food packaging, which they know is slowly poisoning people.
Speaker 5: But greed wins the day.
Speaker 3: What's interesting because prefest, traditionally it's inhaled or or swallowed is the danger. But this court move alleges that it can do your damage by simply prolonged contact with us. We know that when you look at how long you wear a watch for that could be an issue.
Speaker 1: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 3: When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including the New South Wales government demanding that major projects undergo a gender impact assessment before they can be approved. We'll get to that and more in just a moment. Okay, welcome back. Let's look at what's making news tomorrow. We'll start with the Daily Telegraph, which has an interesting front page twisted agender reads the headline Treasury Edict on impact of Projects. So here's what the New South Wales state government is doing. Any state public sector project worth over ten million dollars now needs to undergo a gender impact assessment before it's approved for funding under a new mandatory edict imposed by New South Wales Treasury.
Speaker 1: So this will.
Speaker 3: Affect bike paths, bus route and drought preparedness initiatives. These are just some of the proposals subject to the edict. Now, of course, if you're going to do a gender impact assessment, you're going to have to train public servants in how to do a gender impact assessment.
Speaker 1: So for that, the New.
Speaker 3: South Wales taxpayer has been charged two hundred and twenty three thousand, five hundred dollars to get someone in to train all the public servants that when you look at a bus stop, how do you assess the impact it's going to have not just on men, not just on women, but on gender diverse people. And then you've got to come up with a proposal not just how it's going to affect them, but how it's going to promote gender diversity. So that bike path has to not only be good for women, it's also got to promote the inclusion of gender diverse people.
Speaker 1: That bus stop has.
Speaker 3: To not only be safe for women, but it's got to promote gender diversity. And so they're being trained in all of these things. You would think with the way America is going, that some people here would wake up, and not only that, with the cost of living crisis, that they wouldn't be wasting tax payer money on projects that we desperately need. We need more infrastructure but they're going to be held up until they've done the assessment.
Speaker 7: So you're doing a gender impact assessment. Let's say you're building a school, You've got to do a gender impact assessment. So does that mean it has to have a certain number of kitchens so that women feel at home, and that all the other things within the school.
Speaker 1: You have not on the training Let me just let me finish.
Speaker 7: And that all the other things are organized in the school in such a manner that men can do one thing at once, because of course we know they can't multitask. I mean, you know this will be endless, the number of things that will have to be assessed here. Does it mean, because I'd be on board with this, that in terms of the gender impact assessment, we know that men like temperatures lower than women like them. So does it mean that air conditioners will be standard in anything that the government does? Because I don't like it when it's hot, must be an air conditioner there so I, as a man can feel comfortable. Are they going to include all this stuff?
Speaker 5: How many genders?
Speaker 6: How many genders are we talking? We're here in New South Wales. How many genders do we have in Ireland? There's something like seventy five. So I don't think we have a national consensus about how many genders we have here in Australia. So as a state, I need the Men's government to specify when we're talking about gender impact assessment. This could take years depending on how many genders we're talking about.
Speaker 7: Good heavens, so it'll be the end of gravel paths because women can't walk on them in high hills, or men for that matter. Given we are living in twenty twenty five, let's go to the Canberra Times. Now, Oh sorry, I used binary terms. They didn't I women and men. I must apologize for that. I'll be in the gulag tomorrow night. Let's carry on with the Canberra Times. Winding back diversity targets may be justified. That Canberra is only about four hours down the road from Sydney, where.
Speaker 2: They can up with these rules. Well, let's have a listen to this, shall we.
Speaker 7: Scaling back equity and diversity programs could be justified, but Australia must entirely avoid quote unquote a Trump like politicization or federal appointments. A former Australian Public Service Commissioner has.
Speaker 4: Warned, will Latin good on you?
Speaker 7: Former Commissioner Andrew Podger, who is an academic and former Public Service commissary.
Speaker 2: He said that.
Speaker 7: Trump's actions could inspire a push to scrap mandated policies aimed at recruiting more women and minorities in the workforce. And you know, in some ways that's good, in some ways it's bad. He says, it's amazing that this stuff makes the front page of any newspaper, but it's Canberra and this stuff really matters to Canberra because they're all public servants down there, and you could imagine there might be a few people worried in Canberra right now that should a Dutton government come into power, that DEI might be done away with and their.
Speaker 4: Jobs might be on the line.
Speaker 3: We can but dream, but mister Podger is he's very afraid. He says that there'll be people in Australia who, like Trump, will simply take a here's the key word, Liz populist.
Speaker 1: Anti DEI line.
Speaker 3: Well, he's right, it is popular to be anti DEI and we want to see that reflected in government policy. No one wants this stuff. He goes on to say that if we do this it's actually going to hurt the quality of public service. But of course they always offer those those statements without any evidence to back it up.
Speaker 6: I mean, we just gave a perfect example of how this really isn't contribute direct to the quality of the public service. Good sir, But I love how these people keep using the adjective populace like it's a bad thing.
Speaker 5: Popular things are.
Speaker 6: Good if we're talking about conservative government.
Speaker 5: Oh, it's so populist.
Speaker 6: Like democracy isn't a numbers game, baby, majority rules. That is democracy in a nutshell. If it's populist, it's a winner. If it's populist, you want to be on top of it if you're in politics, because you want to be re elected.
Speaker 7: Big news again for the public service sets on the front of the Canberra Times. Two public service stories on the front of the paper. Under who buys the Canberra Domes it says he Dutton's poll bid on aps job cuts crazy Katie Gallagher has abolished, sorry, not abolished.
Speaker 2: So wishing to abolish.
Speaker 7: Certain things, but rubbished is the word the coalition's election pitch to cut public servants from Canberra as a crazy campaign, while hinting at new savings measures to be announced by Labor in coming months.
Speaker 2: So you know, we'll save some money. We'll find it somewhere.
Speaker 7: But don't worry, all you people in Canberra, your jobs are safe. You know why because you vote for us and so we're going to look after you.
Speaker 4: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 3: Well, they've added like twenty three thousand public servant jobs I think since they were elected in twenty twenty two. Sure, the wages Bill has gone up a couple of billion dollars. And then they say it's crazy to think that we we could cut that back, which is always the landmine that they leave.
Speaker 6: We need every single one o your valuable employee.
Speaker 1: It's all those gender you fire.
Speaker 5: Just a one quality of service would go about.
Speaker 6: That is how vitally important every bom in a seat in a government department is.
Speaker 5: You know it's true, You know it's true.
Speaker 6: To the Rock page of The Australian now Dignity of Work mister commits to post voice race to create jobs, jobs, jobs, All right, what are we talking about here? The failed work for the doll scheme that supports forty thousand Indigenous Australians with no requirement to work will be replaced by a real job scheme that encourages and supports private enterprise. Indigenous Australians. Minister Milan Deiri McCarthy says, well, like, so something that's going to actually get them into real jobs as opposed to work for the doll via without.
Speaker 5: The work part.
Speaker 6: I think we may be moving in the direction of closing the gap.
Speaker 5: I don't know, I don't know. It's early days. This is revelatory.
Speaker 3: I'm just wondering why this is suddenly news. They've been in government for three years. We went through that needless Voice referendum for a group of people to sit in Canberra.
Speaker 1: And make statements.
Speaker 3: Meanwhile there's a work for the doll program that doesn't require any work. Now, just Toscoven thought maybe we should do something about that.
Speaker 5: I mean, had I known, like where do I sign?
Speaker 3: Come on, we're going to go to a break when we come back. The drug lord who was wanted by police, they couldn't find him until he went overseas with his wife and she started posting on Instagram that's coming up in a.
Speaker 1: Moment, welcome back.
Speaker 3: Well, if you know anything about Donald Trump, you know he's a master of trolling. His enemies he just never ever misses. And he was reflecting on the fact that he's been pretty busy the first week of his administration, issuing all sorts of executive orders, and his success and his accomplishments in such a short space of time has attracted compliments, even from CNN. But then he had this little jibe at the end.
Speaker 1: Have a listen.
Speaker 8: They said it was the greatest week opening week in presidential history, and I think, you know, could be a hell of a lot better. Even CNN are saying this guy is amazing. I couldn't believe it. They said, did CNN really say that? Because nobody watches so nobody was able to conferm it. But it was pretty amazing that camera just went off.
Speaker 3: Is It's one thing about Donald Trump, His comic timing and his lines are absolutely genius. I don't think we've seen a politician like him for a long long time. And the other point there is some he doesn't need CNN. He transcends all the media.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, sometimes we forget the man.
Speaker 7: He's an entertainer and he has brought entertainment back to politics, and thank God for that.
Speaker 1: I got to say.
Speaker 5: But before we leave, you this evening. Maybe you should think twice.
Speaker 6: If you're wanted by the US Drug Enforcement Agency, you should think twice before taking your wife anywhere with you if you're trying to evade the law.
Speaker 5: So there's this drug lord right.
Speaker 6: His name is Louis Manuel Pacaro Grijalalbach. He's forty three years old, and the US is after him. They are cracking down on drug dealers and they want his hide. Couldn't find him anywhere. He was doing a great job of evading them until he took his thirty two year old wife on a holiday. The article in today's paper does specify that he rarely took his wife with him on holiday.
Speaker 5: Now we know why.
Speaker 6: And then he was busted returning at a London airport. Ladies and gentlemen, all the agency had to do was find out where she tagged her Instagram photos from this holiday and be like, okay, track location.
Speaker 5: Here they are and now they're coming back. We'll just get them when they're in London. It's fine.
Speaker 2: Thanks Love, Thanks lo Love. You've just stucked them up forever.
Speaker 7: I mean, can you imagine, you know, some people have marital arguments. I don't think there would ever be a marital argument to beat that one.
Speaker 3: I don't think, so that's it from us stick Around. Coming up is The Reader Penney Show.
Speaker 1: Good Night,