Speaker 1: Oh, hey, okay, I'm feeling really good today. I mean I've had a long streak of feeling good.
Speaker 2: We love this.
Speaker 1: When I've got order and I'm organized, I feel good.
Speaker 2: Yeah. No, routine is key.
Speaker 1: It is, isn't it? Plane?
Speaker 2: What is all over your long sleeve?
Speaker 1: Oh? I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's white stuff? Oh?
Speaker 1: Because, Okay, so you've told me that I've got to serve a Look.
Speaker 2: You haven't today and I haven't.
Speaker 1: No, well, no I wasn't. And then I remember it before I left the house and I put on a really beautiful new jacket that.
Speaker 2: I did notice that when you first walked into the ad.
Speaker 1: Yes, but then I just ate pancakes and I thought I better take my new jacket off because I will get sugar and lemon and butter on them. And then we came in here and I forgot to put my fancy jacket back on. So in the song, I will go, and.
Speaker 2: You also, how good shrove Tuesday? I loved me a free pancake in the kitchen.
Speaker 1: Well you can thank the Catholics for that, I know. Yeah, we know our way around a feast day.
Speaker 2: Hey, coming up before three o'clock, we're going to give someone else the opportunity. They'm and a friend to come and sit with you, Swanny and potentially watch me fall over on the runway.
Speaker 1: Are you feeling nervous? Are you good?
Speaker 2: I'm good at the moment. I think I'll feel nervous on Thursday when it's actually happening.
Speaker 1: Thursday night, you make your fashion catwalk debut Swans, DJ Scatter and making your own mixes with Chris cut Crystal Jener over the Top.
Speaker 2: I thought Alicia Keys and jay Z could do with some You're doing amazing, sweeting.
Speaker 1: Amazing makes everything better. You're listening to the Christy spot Show. Well no, but let's open up our diaries just to do this Tuesday. Okay, I'm going to start Yesterday. I said to the kids, I just want to eat something for dinner that we've not ever eaten. You'll never know the tedium of the same ten things that you know no will hit you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, your kids are spoil with their choices. And I'd also argue that's a hard task for you, Swany, given how much stuff you've tried between the jungle, your trip to Japan, everything like you've You've literally tasted everything something you probably shouldn't have.
Speaker 1: Well, this is interesting that you mentioned Japan because in my my first item on my to do list today is a fresh entry, make ramen to spring on the kids, So tonight they don't like soup, none of them do, well Kick does like soup.
Speaker 2: Well, it's a stupid excuse for a dinner. So I'm with your kids there.
Speaker 1: No, it's got like a whole roast chicken the suit.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, still, I don't want to drink my dinner. Thanks, I'm with your kids. What the day is I'm getting for lunch, sure, but not for dinner.
Speaker 1: I'm canceling the director, but for your pocket money. Speak to me like that anyway. That's what we're having tonight for dinner. And if they don't like it, so was about it?
Speaker 2: The door's there, Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I can just see PEG's face too.
Speaker 2: She'll be to upset, very upset.
Speaker 1: Yes, it's like I would have killed her bunny, you know that sort of level of upset.
Speaker 2: I reckon, you'll be like an hour after they've eaten it. I think PEG's going to come to you or she'll text you, you being like mum, can I please order her breads?
Speaker 1: Well? No, as soon as I see that face, I will be ordering it, okay, because I'm hopeless. Okay. Second thing on the to do I've got these great curtains from Spotlight for this sort of reno job that I'm doing. And I thought that was sort of the end of my choice and obligation. But I've got them, and then I'm looking at where they go and I go, what the hell am I supposing? I don't know how to do that? So on my to do list is to call Spotlight and say, don't laugh, but I've got the curtains and I've got the window. What do I do next?
Speaker 2: I wonder if they offer you, like a FaceTime service with an employee at Spotlight to sort of show you and run you through how to do it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to add that on my list.
Speaker 2: They should ask, because we're both quite visual people. I think you should ask just for forming at FaceTime with Jeff on his lunch break.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's exactly what I'm gonna do. And then he can take me to the shelf and go unique.
Speaker 2: These exactly let me know how you go.
Speaker 1: And the last thing is very exciting for me because you know, I love me a chef They're just my favorite, and I love curtistone. I always have yes, and he's asked me to come on his TV show and so on. My list is choose recipe for Curtis.
Speaker 2: Wait, are you going to cook with you? Yes? That's like bucket list, I know. And do you know when we get to see it?
Speaker 1: Nah? No idea, but I'm filming it soon.
Speaker 2: Okay, what am I going to cook?
Speaker 1: Ooh, it's got to be something basic, like I can't go. Oh, this is my forty five to simple?
Speaker 2: A key?
Speaker 1: No, not a what are you smart? Ass?
Speaker 2: Why? Why did he say that.
Speaker 1: This is what I left on Master Chef for getting the bacon. It won't be a keysh Tom. Also, I'm stopping the director for your pocket money. You have taken cheek pills. Anyway, we can talk about that later. What's on your list?
Speaker 2: Our first thing is ask Specsavers to fix my sunglasses. I was at a wedding a couple of weeks ago. Drop my Sonny's on the dance or someone stood on them. They're all wonky.
Speaker 1: Literally, walk across the road show them. They'll be done in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: They're not from Spec Savers though.
Speaker 1: Okay, no, they won't be done in twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Do you think if I still ask them very nicely they'll fix them?
Speaker 1: I mean you may. I'll text Henri for you. Okay, if you're listening, you're going to need to bring in the big guns here.
Speaker 2: And then my other thing is stop by Nadias to pick up Chrissy's outfit to Thursday night.
Speaker 1: Amazing, yeah, because we've got a vision. Well, you've got a vision. I do want me black suit, dark glasses.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Nadia has gone to Henny and pulled you a look. You got to keep it too, really, thank you, and I'm going to bring it to you tomorrow to try on air to ensure it all fits well, does it like it?
Speaker 1: Bum out of it? Like because we crab it on the reading carpet yesterday.
Speaker 2: Over these Noude outfits.
Speaker 3: Me too, they're done the Crissy Show.
Speaker 1: It is Shrove Tuesday today and I had I had one too many pancakes just now, yeah, because I was like, I got to work and it smelt like delicious pancakes, one of my favorite foods.
Speaker 2: Do you know that I did not know that.
Speaker 1: I love a fluffy pancake.
Speaker 2: If someone were to say to me, like in an interview or something. What's Chrissy's one's favorite food? Do you know what I would go with to this day? What a potato cake?
Speaker 1: Yes? It is absolutely Did you know you can get them from the supermarket?
Speaker 2: Oh? No, you can.
Speaker 1: You can get them in two different sizes. And I crack, I crack open my deep fryer and I don't even have to leave the house. And they are Chef's Kiss Home brand or no, a certain brand that I don't even know. They're amazing.
Speaker 2: I'll get onto that anyway.
Speaker 1: Love me a pancake, and I'd got into it too late to enjoy the festivities. But you know, me and Scuda found a shaken bake bottle yep. And of course I'll bring my own butter from home, and I whipped it up and I ate too many and I have no regrets. But the weird thing is is I was like, why is there pancakes at work? And it's Shrove Tuesday. And for the first time, I mean, I went to a Catholic school, my mom went to a Catholic school. I've got three kids at Catholic schools. There has been no mention of Shrove Tuesday.
Speaker 2: Oh of course, I thought the kids would have had to get around it normally.
Speaker 1: That's what gives me the heads up. You know, I've got to go and get a couple of shaken baked pancake things. We'll send them off with maple syrup.
Speaker 2: Or decline an offer to volunteer for the morning.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, auto decline. But yeah, I didn't have to send off my plug in fry pan or anything. So I was very surprised. And I'm a bit sad because you know, I love a bit of Catholic nonsense. I get in trouble for saying that. You know that I said when I was in Paris, I went to visit one of the famous French saints who never decomposed but dead for hundreds of years.
Speaker 2: I remember you showing me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and I just love.
Speaker 2: All that stuff.
Speaker 1: And I referred to it as Catholic nonsense, and oh my god, I'm nearly There was some very upset people.
Speaker 2: Guys. It's twenty twenty five.
Speaker 1: I know I love all that stuff. It's I'm not saying, you know, anything bad about it, and I love I love all the because Tom Cassimento, you're a through Catholic. I was raised Catholic. Yeah, and then so because you were raised Catholic, you've got all those funny songs in your head. And you know, someone says, go now in peace, and you know what to say next. Fasly with you and also with you we left up our hearts. Anyway, I love all those little funny bits and bobs, And one of them popped up the other day out of the blue, from my son's mouth, kid thirteen. So you know I love I love a sioky mummy child thing because you know, ever since my kids were born, I'm just painfully aware that the time is running out, and so I every night I go to their bedrooms, even though they're way too old, and I rub a little bit of lavender oil on their temples, and lately I have been rubbing magnesium oil in the soles of their feet. You are a good well because it really it really helps with sleep. I really really recommend it.
Speaker 2: Magnesium is a life changer, isn't It's an extraordinary liquid.
Speaker 1: So I was in Kit's room and sometimes their feet are dirty. Even though they all have a shower, the kids are just dirty. So by the time I get to their feet dirty, So I always arrived at the bedroom with the bottle of spray magnesium. This is you know, I'm really telling you stuff here and a and a hot face washer. Wow, because I want to wipe their feet first at the white Lotus. I know it is. It sounds very weird, but you know, I don't want to rub a dirty foot, so I, you know, bring the thing to bring face washer to wipe it. Anyway, I came in and I was wiping kids feet with a warm face washer, and he goes, oh, this is very merry Magdalen because she famously washed Jesus' feet. And then I started to sing. I go, I go, yes, sir, and then I started to sing this song broke out into a prost you Jesus starting along. Only can do that.
Speaker 2: They know their way around a tune. Oh man, amen, Hey, how good was seen Elton John and Chapelone seeing this.
Speaker 1: I love all this old and new business that's going on, you know, Spread Carpenter, Dolly Parton fabulous.
Speaker 2: We'll talk about it before three o'clock on The Christy Swan Show, Happy Tuesday.
Speaker 3: The Christy Swan Show, The Christy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Speaking of songs, I wonder what you're going to make your fashion catwalk debut too.
Speaker 4: Australia's the largest fashion there.
Speaker 2: Papal Melde Fashion Festival is back at a large eight tickets, PayPal, MFF dot com.
Speaker 4: Jack's VOVC.
Speaker 1: Made look you know, out out of everybody on this show, I'm not surprised that you were the ones selected to do the catwalkers. I don't think Fella Hamilton have a have a show in fashion festival.
Speaker 2: I know I'm quite I'm quite nervous about it, but I'm at the stage where I've blocked it out of my brain and I'm not going to think about it until I'm there doing it.
Speaker 1: Look, think of the quote in the great film dead Man Walking.
Speaker 2: Oh Wow, think of.
Speaker 1: Me as Susan Sarandon, the kind nun, and you the convicted murderer on death row. When you're a bit nervous, so you feel scared about what's going to happen, you just look into the eyes of love.
Speaker 2: Okay, I shall.
Speaker 1: Look into the eyes. I will be there. I'll have dark shades over them, but you can imagine.
Speaker 2: I can just visualize them.
Speaker 1: You actually do look nervous. You don't get nervous and you look nervous.
Speaker 2: I don't because I love this. Modeling's a real skill. People don't give these people enough credit, especially runway models. There's an art to that walk.
Speaker 1: There is, and you still haven't learned any of it.
Speaker 2: Nope, I'm just going to give it a whirl on the day.
Speaker 1: I'll call me Caan go Hello, Lucy. Hello, that's the best. That's the best greeting I've had for a very long time. Lucy. How are you feeling? You're right?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm gonna know whereabout to you loose? Where are you calling from?
Speaker 5: Step Alburn, South Australia, about an hour out of Adelaide.
Speaker 1: Wow. So if you are lucky enough to come to Jack's catwalk debut, you're gonna get the plane and all of that sort of bizo. Yes, Lucy, the good news is it is you.
Speaker 2: We're going to see your Thursday night, Lucy. You know it's just to see me walk down a runway. Yeah, what a vibe. So, Lucy, not only will you get to see me probably fall over, you'll get to hang out with Swanee and sit with her, and you get to stay at the Langham Hotel in Melbourne, which is like one of the best.
Speaker 5: Thank you so much, Mom and I jumping around screaming.
Speaker 1: We listen to you guys every day. Oh I love it. What's your mom's name? Deb? All right, Deb and Lucy will see you. Hey, just before you we go. We're trying to we're trying to pump Jack up and get him excited. If you could pick any song for him to to sort of arrive at the top of the catwalk to, what would it be? Yes, yeah, my busy care, Yes, Lucy, that is a good one.
Speaker 2: Lucy, thank you for your excitement. We can't wait to meet you on Thursday night and your mum Deb, We will see you then. Australia's largest fashion event, PayPal Melbourne Fashion Festival is back until March eight. For tickets, head to PayPal dot mm f F dot com dot au.
Speaker 1: This is going to be such a great night. I'm so excited.
Speaker 2: I'll be excited once it's so Yeah.
Speaker 3: The Crisy Swan Show, She'll real wrong.
Speaker 1: I have a little story about that's your soul. You're listening to the Chrissy Swan Show on Nova. I'll tell you next.
Speaker 4: Chrissy's cliche.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get into a full Oscars rap, a post rap, but first seed that song, Oh year was it?
Speaker 2: I'm going to guess two thousand and five.
Speaker 1: No, it's it's before that because when my No, that's not it anyway. No, it's before that because you know, on Friday night I hosted dinner and it was with my ex that I broke up with in two thousand, so it's before that. Anyway, it must have made okay, well, that's odd because maybe we broke up later than I thought. Anyway, he was like, you always hated that song, and I said yeah, because you know, it was jealous. Nobody was ever gonna say, you know, don't you wish? Your comment was hot? Like mad? I didn't like it. Anyway. Leo came home really late for his from his social event, and you know, I wasn't mad at all. I was like, oh my.
Speaker 4: God, Yeah, he's home.
Speaker 2: It's great.
Speaker 1: So he walks in and then someone said I need to even are you going to be mad? I said no, and then why would I be? It's his house, he's coming on. Yeah, and I said, someone said, oh, you're a cool mom, and then I broke out into don't you wish? Your Mama was cool.
Speaker 2: Lack Men show film was don'cha?
Speaker 1: I mean, we could talk about Nicole Schulzinger for ten minutes, but we must do a full recap of the Oscars.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now, to me, More did not win the Oscar. I mean, we can't be too sad. She won the other two awards, and she's done well and done, and she's delivered some incredible speeches that no one will forget. But I would have liked it to get the Oscar.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I still feel flat for her. I think she secretly would have been quite flat.
Speaker 1: I think so too, because it feels like, oh, when am I going to get an opportunity again?
Speaker 2: Correct?
Speaker 1: When my he Madison won it for Anora, a lip reader could make out that Demi said, nice.
Speaker 2: Nice, That's something you say when you're not feeling great, but you know you've got to be positive. Amazing. Congratulations is what you'd yell out if you were.
Speaker 1: There's been sort of two heartbreaking loss footages this year with Billy shopping and then to me More, I can't stand it. Speaking of not being able to stand, Kylie Jenna is being slammed because when she was introduced to Elton John, she didn't stand up, and apparently you've got to stand up. I mean, you should stand up anyway when you're introduced to anybody, but apparently, especially because he's a sur.
Speaker 2: That makes me sort of even happier. She didn't stand for him.
Speaker 1: She wouldn't really understand, would she. She's very young, and she's.
Speaker 2: They're very American, like they're not across all of that. Noyeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: And also if you see the vision, she's sitting down. Timothy Chalomaye is sort of crouching, and then Elton's standing. Elton's basically sitting down anyway the way he's leaning over.
Speaker 1: And also her feet would have been so sore, Like you just don't stand for anybody, even Sir Elton. Speaking of Elton, he had an after party and Chapel roan and he took to the stage. Now you can hear Elton singing barely barely, and he is if you see the footage, he's staring at her mouth going like, what's the next word?
Speaker 2: I mean, the audio engineer did everyone a favor there, having his mic quite low.
Speaker 1: Yes, agreed and did everybody a favor when he turned up the vocals on Chaperone singing Elton's massive hit your song jus as Verizon. Boys like you just don't. You don't want it to start.
Speaker 2: Apparently, tickets to that after party even if you were invited with fifteen thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: What? Why? Who's making that?
Speaker 2: I feel like it would probably go to a charity that Elton's organized. But like the likes of Kathy Hilton, Paris Hilton, everyone that attended had to buy a ticket, that seems.
Speaker 1: A little bit mean. Like never Tony Jones the sports reporter, charge everybody twenty dollars in their head for a pizza, pizza and know it's the same sort of thing.
Speaker 2: It's for the AIDS Foundation.
Speaker 1: Oh well, then that makes sense. Now I feel bad.
Speaker 2: I'm sorry, I just googled that.
Speaker 1: Let's talk about. Yeah, he's big on that actually now. Fashion. Kim Kardashian wore a white Valenciaga ball gown. Everyone's trashing her for it. I think it is gorgeous and I feel like just anything she does, people are going to go.
Speaker 2: Don't agree, Let's leave her alone. I don't know how you could fault that. I get that people are saying it's bridal, but who.
Speaker 1: Cares what it's the Oscars, like the rules are out of the you know, thrown out the window. It does look a little bit like a tissue that Leo's forgotten to take it out of his school trips, shorts that I have to take out of the washing machine. Zoe Kravitz had a bum out. I'm sick of that.
Speaker 2: I don't like that game. We get it. The anchor sen sorry did it at the Grammys. We don't need to see everyone new, It's.
Speaker 1: Just no thank you. And Julia Fox wore the most revolting dress I've ever seen. It was like clear mesh with a human hair applice. It looks like when you pull on a little bit of a hair in your shower and a whole big sie of ferret tale comes out. It's disgusting.
Speaker 4: Is a Christy Swan show.
Speaker 1: I cannot wait to get to our Air Tasker story today? Do you love air Tasker? Like? Are you a regular user?
Speaker 2: I would say semi regular. I actually only use it when I need to get my apartment cleaned.
Speaker 1: Oh and that's all?
Speaker 2: That's all? Yeah, I might.
Speaker 1: I haven't done an inventory what I've used it for. I will go through it.
Speaker 2: Can you clear?
Speaker 1: When we get to it in half an hour or so, very very great service.
Speaker 2: We're going to be talking about that before four o'clock. But next Chrissy's quizy thirteen twenty four to ten if you would like to win a bum bag now, Swanny Billie Eilish is kicking off the Melbourne leg of her hit Me Hard and Soft to It tonight.
Speaker 1: Will have been camping out. We've just been looking at the footage.
Speaker 2: It's just a sea of kmart tents.
Speaker 1: Crazy.
Speaker 2: I'm going with you this Saturday night, but I'm also going tonight.
Speaker 1: Look at you. What an Eilish pig you turned out to be.
Speaker 2: I know, but I think I'm allowed to be. She's the one person I can see twice.
Speaker 1: Absolutely, I saw Taylor twice.
Speaker 2: I love her so much. She's just dying at a vegan restaurant here in Melbourne.
Speaker 1: Much the Chrissy.
Speaker 3: Swan Show, The Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: Is this Swan Show or Nova home of the world famous limited edition bum.
Speaker 4: Bag Chrissies Quizzy.
Speaker 1: It's actually a very exciting day for maybecause I'm wearing I opened a freshy, opened a fresh bum bag today and I've moved all my essentials in there a pair of box k in the front. No one knows anything apart from me.
Speaker 2: How long does the bum bag get a run for? Like a week or days? No? I mean like your rotation.
Speaker 1: Though, depends on what I'm wearing. Sometimes I wear a navy one or my beige one, yes, or today I just went black basic. Hello there, jess. Hi?
Speaker 2: Okay, right, she is blunts for a Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Get on with it. Sorry, are you busy me?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 6: I just picked up my daughter from school and she's like staring me down.
Speaker 1: Put her on, put her on? Hi? Hi, what's your name? Peyton? If you're just patient for a little bit longer, I'm going to give you a prize. Okay, all right? You put your mom? He put your mom on? Okay, can hear Peyton?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 1: Sort of that? So whatever.
Speaker 2: Hey Mikayla, Hey guys, how are you mean? What have you been up to today?
Speaker 6: I picked up my son and I got to my daughter's pick up location forty minutes early, so I've got time.
Speaker 1: Oh nice, God, everyone's really relaxing, low key today.
Speaker 2: Let's try and when you when you were bum bag?
Speaker 1: Mikayla, your names are your buzzers? Best of five first and three wins it. Question number one, I can never say this now. Vladimir Zelenski is the president of which country? Yes, Mikayla, yes, yess Ukraine so has had a sip of diet coke. Given we're also relaxed, you're allowed to do that. Is that peyton in the background that I just said it was going to be behaving or not? Oh, that's your son, Okay?
Speaker 2: What's your son's name?
Speaker 1: Mikayla, Hudson, Hudson, I've got a peyton as well. How it's a good. Question number two, shuttle Cock is used in which sport?
Speaker 4: Yes, yes, correct.
Speaker 1: Let's let's get this over quickly for Michayla because Hudson's losing his mind.
Speaker 2: Question number three.
Speaker 1: Who hosted yesterday's Oscars? Mikayla, Yes, Mikayla correct. What is the name of the virtual assistant developed by Apple? Yes, Jess is a No Taylor?
Speaker 2: Yes, Kayla, it is Siri.
Speaker 1: That's to a piece.
Speaker 2: Question number five is for the win for either of you?
Speaker 1: Which superstar singer just ran the Tokyo Marathon. There's no end to his talents. It is, of course, Harrik style. Question number six, what is a corsage. Yes, Jess, a.
Speaker 6: Piece of like a flower on your wrist thing.
Speaker 1: Yes, it is.
Speaker 2: Congratulations Jess, you have won the bum bag. But because we've spoken to Peyton and we like Hudson, I'm going to send you both a family pass to The Lost Tiger, which is in cinemas now.
Speaker 6: Amazing, Thank you, thank.
Speaker 2: You, welcome. Next, we're going to be talking about that Air Tasker story.
Speaker 3: The Crispy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: I mean, I've got an emergency at a hot chip shop.
Speaker 2: What's happened?
Speaker 1: Pegs just tried to buy hot chips and it can't. It's been declined. So I've just had to put another twenty bucks in a pock of money. You're listening to the Crizzy Sword Show on nov. I mean, she could have called Air Tasker. She could have she could have posted on air Tasker. Someone bring me some hot chips, because this is if you. I mean, we take for granted that everybody knows what air Tasker is.
Speaker 2: Some don't.
Speaker 1: It is a great app that you have on your phone and you can put anything on it, you know those things that I mean you would use it for stuff like you know, some bring me something now? At two in the morning or whatever. Yeah, but for me, it's like those annoying things that you don't know, Like, for example, when I was talking about the curtains that I just bought and I don't know how to put them up, and you know, a curtain shop isn't going to help me. I don't want to go to a fancy curtain place. You go on air task you go, hey, does anyone know how to hang these? And you take a photo of the curtain, and you take a photo of where it's going, and then miraculously.
Speaker 2: These offers don't coming.
Speaker 1: They come in when your jobs get done. It is a miracle. And a woman found out this in the most gorgeous way on Saturday night? Was it? And over the weekend the IVY and SOS went up on air tasker very simply saying, bring me a pair of size eight sneakers to the IVY Nightclub. Further details, any pair of sneakers size eight with socks. I need them at the Ivy. This was on Friday night.
Speaker 2: It was right before Mardi Gras on Saturday Friday night, and.
Speaker 1: It says this task needs to be completed today.
Speaker 2: Now I love this so much.
Speaker 1: Anyway, within minutes, one hundred dollars got her a pair of used sneakers. That can you imagine what that would have felt like.
Speaker 2: Oh, the relief in this woman's feet.
Speaker 1: Oh there's nothing worse than having sought for your feet to let you down when your mind and spirit are ready to go.
Speaker 2: How good I actually, I just checked my air Tasker. I was saying to you before I use it to when I would let my apartment cleaned, I find cleaners on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cause, yeah, there's there's very clever people that can do almost any anything. I looked up mine. It's yours.
Speaker 2: One night though, swany at the end of last year, I was at a friend's apartment. We'd had a dinner and the person I was with, actually everyone listening would know she was after a cigarette, you know sometimes after a few drinks, people just crave one. Yes, And we didn't want to walk anywhere to get them for her, So we uploaded it to air Tasker, and I wrote buy cigarettes and deliver and offered fifty dollars. I think we never.
Speaker 1: Even bought a packet of cigarette.
Speaker 2: I know. I've got no idea though, because I don't smoke, so I was just trying to help her. Her phone was dead. Oh this is my no one bit no one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you're saying, put in twenty bucks of your own money and deliver them for free.
Speaker 2: She ended up having to go for a walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no doubt about it. I've just looked at mine. Mine very funny.
Speaker 2: What of yours?
Speaker 1: Mainly it says, okay, so there's a few here. See if you can see a pattern. Dismantle spring free trampoline. Assemble spring free trampoline later. So we obviously moved down, so we needed to take it down, put it up, dismantling. There's all that sort of Oh and another one just dismantled spring free trampoline. So that was when we moved again.
Speaker 2: Thirteen twenty four ten. What is the weirdest request you have made on air tasker before?
Speaker 1: If you're an air tasker, what's the weirdest job you've said yes to?
Speaker 3: Yes, the Crissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: We're talking Air tasker. A woman at Mardi gras her feet. I can imagine what on fire and throbbing. Oh yeah, and it would have seemed like such a great idea to wear those sky high heels.
Speaker 2: Yes, she would have looked fabulous. But after dancing to Padum Paduan for three and a half minutes, her heels would have felt like a volcano on fire.
Speaker 1: Yes, absolutely, so she air tasked a pair of used runners. She didn't care what they were, and they arrived one hundred dollars later made good?
Speaker 2: Is that thirteen twenty four to ten? What is the weirdest thing you've requested an air air tasker to do? Or maybe you are an air tasker and you do the weird stuff?
Speaker 1: Hey Leaby, Hello, Hi, what is the So are you an air tasker or did you contact air Tasker?
Speaker 6: I contacted them. I've got a bit of an addiction to it because I'm a busy mum with four kids, so I can't discuss myself.
Speaker 1: So what did you put on there? What was your task?
Speaker 2: So?
Speaker 6: I'm a wildlife Cara and Joey a kangaroo. Joey came up on my app for collections from a local vet. But my baby was asleep, so I put on air tasker could someone please pick it.
Speaker 2: Up for me?
Speaker 6: But they also had to give it a quick bottle and you have to toilet them so because the mum usually stimulates them to make them go to the toilet, so I had to run through with this guy who was struggling to understand what even a joey was at the time. He managed to do it, and he brought the little Joey to me and we raised him and released him. So it worked out.
Speaker 1: Well, Libby, you've got to take a break. You've got four human joey's. Maybe just let but we love it.
Speaker 2: I know, I know, I.
Speaker 3: Love it too.
Speaker 2: How much did you pay this air tasker to do this because this is a hectic job.
Speaker 6: Yeah, right, it is a hectic job. Eighty dollars and it took him two hours.
Speaker 2: And I feel like I've fully ripped fully ripped him off.
Speaker 6: I did not mean to. That was his offer, and I said, okay, well.
Speaker 1: I don't know if you ripped him off. If you were going to do it, you weren't going to be paid at all.
Speaker 6: And I think the experience of holding a little joey and feeding it and cuddling it, that's like amazing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is cool nothing, Libby, You're a legend. We're going to send you a double pass to Novercaine No Pain in Cinema's April three.
Speaker 6: Thank you so much. I love you guys.
Speaker 1: I love you, Libby. What a kind woman. You can just hear it, can't you can? Hello? Beck? Hello?
Speaker 5: How are you good?
Speaker 1: What's the weirdest thing that's happened on Air Tasker.
Speaker 5: I've actually got a friend who did an air tasking quest and she asked someone to buy a backpack for her at Melbourne Central and send it through the post to Geelong where she lives, because the backpack was only available online. A little bit of a life pack.
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yes, oh god. I hate it when you see something you must have and it says in store only.
Speaker 2: I know, but picking a backpack up in store on air Tasker would look a little sash a double past and overcame No Pain in Cinema's April three.
Speaker 1: A lot of trust in these papers because they were just taken off with the with the backpack. I love that that's you know, it doesn't happen.
Speaker 2: I love that we've got in a no a noon.
Speaker 1: So you're obviously an air tasker and you've done a questionable task. Yes, definitely, Okay, tell me what happened?
Speaker 7: So had a lady put on Air Tasker for a male's voice recording? Oh so I responded to the task. I was saying that I could do it. She met up with me at a shopping center and she actually wanted me to say somewhere say another guy's name and details. What it worked out was she was going through a divorce and the joint bank account she'd been locked out of so she wasn't able to get her own money. Wow, So I helped to get her own money out of a joint bank account that he'd locked on her.
Speaker 1: And did she did it work? Did your roosts work? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 7: I actually ended up carting her a little bit extra money because with the.
Speaker 2: You heard how much was in her account?
Speaker 7: Yeah?
Speaker 8: Yeah, basically if you done, it's going to be an extra couple hundred dollars. And she was happy to pay it, so so happy and the family she paid parf of our holiday.
Speaker 1: When she put the when she put the task up, did she price it? I mean, it's an unusual thing.
Speaker 8: Three fifty she put on it.
Speaker 1: And then how unusual.
Speaker 8: I just thought I was going to go to like an acting gig or something like that, you know, maybe sort of like a commercial or something of voice recording for a phone company or I think, and yeah, it turned out that it completely wasn't that it was something else.
Speaker 1: And what did What did you get in the end for it?
Speaker 8: I got about five hundred and fifty.
Speaker 2: Sah, that's bloody great.
Speaker 1: She got her friend and she yeah, and she got her freedom.
Speaker 2: So yeah, basically the situation really, you're Jason Statham mate.
Speaker 3: The Chrissy Swan Show.
Speaker 1: But Barlay Carl, what about.
Speaker 4: That Chrissy's clique bait?
Speaker 1: I think a lot of people wouldn't have even known that Dolly Parton was married.
Speaker 2: I didn't really, She's never really spoken about him in interviews that I've seen or that I've read.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so she was married in nineteen sixty six to her husband, Karl, and he has just passed away. They were together for sixty years. Really essentially, they met in six, nineteen sixty four, and married in nineteen sixty six.
Speaker 2: My favorite tidbit I've read Swan is that they outside the Wishy Washy laundromat the day she moved to Nashville at eighteen the day.
Speaker 1: So she wasn't she wasn't even Dolly Parton when they met. Isn't that amazing? You know? It's incredible? So he was there right from literally the first day of her career.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and he was like famously shy, not not shy as in you know, personality wise, did not like the limelight. I car't to do any.
Speaker 2: Of that, so just let her do her thing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but she spoke about him, you know, when it would come up. It's not that she denied his existence. So sad, so she posted on Instagram or someone did for or I assume Carl and I spent many wonderful years together. Words can't do justice to the love we shared for over sixty years. Can you imagine sixty years?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's going to be I can't imagine putting yourself in someone's shoes without that person.
Speaker 1: Now, I know, like that's really roughs, really rough.
Speaker 2: She's got a lot of beautiful people and friends around her, But I'm sure we'll rally around it.
Speaker 1: But how sad? Did you know that she wrote this song that Whitney Houston made famous.
Speaker 2: I had no idea, and I had no idea that there's even a version of her singing it until you told me this afternoon.
Speaker 1: Funny. I just thought everyone would know that. No, and Whitney Houston does a better version. As much as I love.
Speaker 2: Dolly, Glad you said it.
Speaker 1: And even Dolly says it, Oh yeah, yeah, absolutely, Hey look sad more sad news for people that love working from home. What Peter Dutton has said that if he gets in, there's going to be absolutely not one minute of it anymore. Everyone's back at the office working nat too fat. I mean, it's a weird situation for me. I cannot I can't have an opinion on it because I've never worked from home radio. We're still to come into the studio, so I don't know what it's like. I don't know the pros, I don't know the cons. I don't know. I mean my sort of suspicion is that I would not be able to do it. I would not be able to work a normal job from home.
Speaker 2: The distractions of being home would definitely take over, right Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'd be like, oh, I've just got to do the dishwasher, and then I'll look at this brief or and then that would be I've got to clear that pile of washing. I just I would never be able to. I mean, look, I disme lid to people that can do it, But when I'm at home. I find it really hard to do anything that's not about the kids and the house.
Speaker 2: Yes, really hard to do. List is in front of you. Yeah, I think it's a good thing. I think where it's twenty twenty five, it's time to get back in the office. I'm not sure if it's coming from a place of jealousy because we don't work from home, but no, it's not. I love coming into work. I think it's really important for your mind to separate work and home. I do too able to go home and be that that had that as a place of solitude and relaxation. I also think like there's three hundred and sixty five thousand people that will be ordered back to the office. You know a lot of those are taxpayer funded job. So yeah, well, thanks toe.
Speaker 1: In the office, you guys, thank you, Thank you Steve for wang in. Can we talk about it tomorrow. I want to hear some different opinions about the end of work from home.
Speaker 2: People that are.
Speaker 1: Really sad about it, People that are sad about it because they really haven't done anything for the last four or five minutes and got away with it. Like I want, like a moratorium, let's do.
Speaker 2: It some honesty about it. Yeah, Hey, Ricky Lead, Tim and Joel are up next. Shout out to everyone in Melbourne that is going to Billie Eilish's first Melbourne show.
Speaker 1: Why do you Jack?
Speaker 2: I'm so excited. I will see you here at two pm tomorrow.
Speaker 1: My morn will see Doug Chrissy Swan Show is a Nova podcast. For more great comedy shows like this, head.
Speaker 3: To novopodcast dot com.
Speaker 1: Don Are You