Speaker 1: Well, Hazy. One of the great series on STAN was called The Bump and I watched it with my kids. I absolutely loved it. And from the creators of that another original series it's called The Year of and the star of it is Matt Nable.
Speaker 2: Good morning, gay guys, how are we?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Good?
Speaker 1: Is this like watching your baby come to life? When a series finally comes out on a streaming service.
Speaker 2: Look, it's always great, you know when it actually gets birth, because more and you've done it, you know, months and months before. In this case, it was I think it was August September last year, so you sort of forget about it and then obviously it rolls around you. It's impressed for it and you get to see it. So yeah, it's always nice feeling when it actually gets this point where it's coming out.
Speaker 1: So Matt, for the uninitiated, just tell us what it's all about as much as you can without giving anything away.
Speaker 2: It's about these young kids coming together and dealing with loss in a period of time where it's tumultuous, where they're finding out who they are cells and where their relationships sit with each other, and how this has had an effect on them. The creator Dan Edwards experienced something similar in his last year of school, so there's a lot of authenticity in and around that he's drawn from and was impetus for this show. So yeah, it really is focused been and around these young young kids, and so in that regarded something quite novel.
Speaker 1: You mentioned Danielle there. She played Red in Wentworth, which again was one of the greatest series Australia has ever seen. Is she one of the most talented actresses you've ever worked with?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've been like enough to work with Dan a couple of times, so yeah, she's a powerhouse and extraordinarily well respected in amongst the Australian actors community and abroad as well. So yeah, that was a groundbreaking show and set a really high standard bar for a female driven show in Australia and indeed around the word. Well they had a lot of a big audience around the world. So, like I said, I've been really lucky to work with the end a couple of times, so it was nice to reunite it and do something together again.
Speaker 3: Matt Nabel from the stand original series A Year of It, joins us this morning on no But Matt so joke said before that she got her girls together, her family to get to watch The Bump. So it feels like this is one of those similar sort of series where there's strong messages for both adolescents and for parents as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, most definitely look at you know, they've called a little bit of a spin off of Bump, but it's you know, there's no real connective tissue there is other than the creators, and but they're playing in the space that they know really really well. Like I said, Dan as a creator of this show, had a lot to pull from and it was something that he you know, I know, wanted to make for quite quite some time. So there are really strong themes in there and things that need to be talked about and hopefully it'll get the audience that there are for the demographic. Is these you know, really are these you know, fifteen to twenty year old where a lot of these types of issues are rearing their head. So we've all got really high hopes for the show, and I guess we'll see in the next couple of weeks how sort of unfold.
Speaker 1: Matt, I'm just looking at your bio here. You've been in pretty much every impressive Australian production ever from Transfusion, the twelve, the Dry, The list goes on and on. Are you at that stage where you walk down the street and get recognized or are people like I know you from somewhere where we at.
Speaker 2: Look, I think it's relative, you know, Like I spent quite a bit of time overseas working in the US, so.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you do.
Speaker 2: Look, it's relative, you know, like if you're in something that's out at that time, then obviously it's a little bit more profuse and prolific. But generally speaking, yeah, you get recognized, you know, all the time. But you're right, sometimes I just don't know where to place, you know, Itsudians as opposed to say, a US sort of audience in that regard.
Speaker 1: Well, Matt, thank you so much for your time this morning. It's the stand original series. It's called Year of It premieres on June nine. And good luck with the birthing process for you.
Speaker 2: Thanks so much, nice to talk here.