Speaker 1: This is number one hundred. You are on the air with Jas and Lauren and we got dramas of the Melbourne.
Speaker 2: Football news just out.
Speaker 3: Simon god Goodwin, the coach of Melbourne, has been sacked premiership coach coach the D's.
Speaker 2: To a breakthrough flag in twenty twenty one.
Speaker 3: This has been reported by nine's chief footy reporter Tom Morris this morning. He was told last night of the decision of the Melbourne Footy Club board.
Speaker 4: Oh, he was told last night and.
Speaker 3: Players will be told in a meeting at nine o'clock. So it gets underway very shortly.
Speaker 4: We're probably on their cars on the way and listening to you tell the boy.
Speaker 1: Which is crazy that it unfolds like that.
Speaker 2: Do you know what I mean?
Speaker 5: If you seems quickly, but if there's three games to go, why wouldn't you.
Speaker 3: Just I dare say it's probably because they want to move on the next coach, right.
Speaker 2: That's just me theorizing.
Speaker 4: There are rumors about this for a while.
Speaker 3: There has been There was a board meeting just a week ago, Monday week ago whereby the board got together and I believe Simon Goodwin actually he presented to the board probably spelling out exactly why he should keep his job. But ultimately this year has been a bit of a disaster for the footy club. It's probably been a bit of a disaster since they won the flag back in twenty twenty of.
Speaker 4: A Melbourne footy club. Fans of Simon Goodwood.
Speaker 2: Well, I did well. Here's the thing.
Speaker 3: I mean, I will forever thank him for helping steer the footy club to a premiership, the first one in fifty six years. That was an extraordinary feat. And quite often when you win a premiership it means that you it sort of almost prolongs your time.
Speaker 5: Because yeah, yeah, yeah, you get a grace period thirteen twenty four to ten if you're a d S fan and you want to weigh in on this.
Speaker 4: So he's three games to go. So is there any rumor.
Speaker 5: Or talk about I met someone this weekend.
Speaker 3: There's coaches out there that are probably gett able right now. Adam Adam Simpson who coached the Eagles to a premiership, John Longmi, who coached the Swans to a premiership. He obviously has just come out of out of work in senior coaching with the Swans. Who else, Nathan Buckley would he potentially consider going back to coaching after bucks at the d well. I mean, I'm just spitbolling throwing out name Stanny.
Speaker 5: Is there anyone within Melbourne that would potentially move up the ranks?
Speaker 3: I mean, Nathan Jones is a former club captain, but he's still really serving his apprenticeship.
Speaker 1: What about your old man?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean.
Speaker 3: He'd be very good master tactician.
Speaker 1: How long's John been at the club.
Speaker 2: He's been there for twenty five years.
Speaker 5: I John Stanaway's got my vote, me too, and you know what, there's only three games to go.
Speaker 4: Just give him a give the ten man a go.
Speaker 1: I just find it, I don't know. I find it frustrating when it's like, okay, if we've sacked the coach last night, Like, let's be honest. The current world we live in. You know, the news is going to break before nine am this morning. It's going to leak somewhere. And if the players haven't been told and they're on the way to the club now to be told, I just think that's bad leadership.
Speaker 4: It's I mean, done this dance before somewhere?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know here, I get that, But I mean, but when we got the as we got told we want to tell our team and we're absolutely not.
Speaker 5: That's it's a Surely the coach would have rung the captain in a few of his faves and make us Yeah.
Speaker 1: You bet he would have thirteen twenty four ten. If you're to join us on the air, Adam is called through Adam You're a D's fan.
Speaker 6: Massive D's fan and massively disappointed, but understanding at the same time, as Clint said, things haven't been the same sort of since they won the flag.
Speaker 4: So do you think this is the right call?
Speaker 6: Look, I'm a little bit torn because I love Simon for what he did for the club and what he's been able to achieve.
Speaker 5: But at the.
Speaker 6: Same time, maybe fresh eyes on the list that they've got will we'll get them where they need to be.
Speaker 3: I think the board was saying out of their meeting last Monday that significant change he's on the way and and this is obviously a significant change they thought they needed in both a footy cents and a marketing sense as well, because you can't have a team that he's languishing towards the bottom bottom echelon of the ladder.
Speaker 5: There seems to have been a lot of term oil at Melbourne. Right, so you've got you start play a Christian Petrarca.
Speaker 2: Who wanted out.
Speaker 4: Twelve months ago.
Speaker 5: You didn't have a president. You've got an interim president, Braggreen who's done a great job. We love Greenie. No Ceo, there's no ceo now they've sacked the coach. It's is it a bit of a dog's breakfast?
Speaker 2: A bit of a dog's breakfast.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe you're final and I think there might there might even be players, senior players who are saying, I want out unless unless we get we get changed, and that that maybe the conversation that's been had.
Speaker 1: Let's go to morning to and Clay, you're a d S fan.
Speaker 7: These my top two teams, so you can kind of go yes or no. So my opinion is if you look at it in the past, when a new coaches come in or a coach is leaving, there's a real spark in the sight. And you look at who Melbourne got their run home. They played these I mean they played Collingwood in the last round of in the season and they could really ruin their season. And the top four, which I am a huge.
Speaker 1: Advocate for, we go spoken by a true D supporter.
Speaker 7: Yeah, so that's what I reckon. I reckon it's good.
Speaker 2: For which all the season.
Speaker 5: What about if Nathan Buckley came in to coach the Deason and they had to play for.
Speaker 2: There is something to be said for teams winning, battling teams winning in the week that they sacked their coach. Melbourne have the Western Bulldogs on Sunday afternoon. The mc.
Speaker 3: Story is a lot bigger than that, though. The story is about who next coaches Melbourne beyond this year.
Speaker 4: Well, there you go.
Speaker 2: Again.
Speaker 3: I will be forever thankful that he helped get my club a premiership.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 2: I never thought i'd see one in my time.
Speaker 4: So do you think it's the right call the wrong cale.
Speaker 2: I think it's probably a good call.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Lauren wake up feeling good following them on the socials.