Speaker 1: We get you through the morning every day, Adelaide.
Speaker 2: Yeah, welcome to the podcast. Great decision. You're really really setting up your life beautifully by doing that. Somebody who was absolutely dominating that life his camera guy, Josh, and he's in here, Josh, Hey, Hey, we're about to go into a little chat with Maps expert John Aiken. Can we just rewind for a second to a round about this time last year when we got to catch up with him in person.
Speaker 3: I know it was it was like a fever dream, because one he flew to Adelaide to just hang out at Billies in elizabeth with us, and then afterwards he was like we were having that piet in context and he goes, yeah, I'll just I'll stick around and watch this. And I remember like being like halfway through my third pie and looking up and seeing John Aiken from Maps going, come on, Josh.
Speaker 4: This guy was an absolute dynamoe, like a genuinely nice guy. And he could have just left it.
Speaker 2: You could have done in and done his little piece on air and then jump back into his car and probably gone back to the airport. But instead he stayed for an actually hour I reckon, Yeah.
Speaker 3: He did talking to literally everyone like dishing out relationship advice letteright and center.
Speaker 2: Yeah and fast forward, happily engaged about to get made thanks to John Akin.
Speaker 5: Thank you.
Speaker 3: John Aiken's Australia is a favorite social experiment.
Speaker 1: It's fact, Joates, Oh is it what married at First Sight?
Speaker 6: This is season eleven, and the beautiful host and the king of Married at First Site joins us.
Speaker 1: Now and that is John Akin. Good morning, Yes.
Speaker 5: Good morning you too. I'm so excited about this eleven season.
Speaker 4: Nowness that flown.
Speaker 5: I mean, it's amazing. It's been a decade in my life and you know there I was working in private practice, quietly got an audition for this show and then it exploded to the point where it's a big, big part of the whole network and the launch ship every year after the tenant.
Speaker 6: So here's a question for you, John, in that decade, how many couples do you think have made it and survived and are still together?
Speaker 5: That's a stat I think we've got about five still together, which you know, you know, out of eleven seat or ten season should I say? I mean, it isn't an easy experiment to navigate because there's so many challenges. The cameras are on your twenty four to seven and frankly, the people that put their hands up for it, you know they're often single, but they're not sure why, and so you know they often repeat problem patterns that end up for them breaking up.
Speaker 2: On the show's there's a lot in that, isn't it whole understand?
Speaker 6: And I love that you're the man to deliver the news why someone is single.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I mean, I think when you watch it, you can see within ten minutes why that person is in fact single. The question is is whether they can take on board some home truths that I dish out and whether they can adjust and change. Now, some of them can do that, but a lot of them just say, look, you know, I'm going to keep doing what I do. And that's one of the things that makes people really watch it.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well, we can speak from experience because ourb our newsreader is also single. She's in her mid thirties. We try to explain to her all the time why she's single. She just doesn't listen, Josh, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think she wants to understand.
Speaker 5: I know, and you know that this cast is no different this year. We've got people although in saying that it is. We do have a sixty two year old, one of the oldest participants we've ever had in the mix. We've got a same sex couple, and I think our people are very relatable this year. But they still have the same relationship issue that you can come up, whether it's they're scared of intimacy, or they got their walls up because they've had their heart broken, or they think they're ready for commendment but in fact they're not. Yeah, you know all sorts of things.
Speaker 6: Well, you speak of the gay couple, and that brings us to Simon, who's thirty nine. He's a marketing manager from good Old Adelaide's South Australia. So he was married, he has a child, but then before his thirtieth birthday.
Speaker 1: Came out and said I'm gay.
Speaker 5: Yes, the story quite a story and in this storyline, while I can't go into all the specifics of it, it is quite quite a journey that he goes on. And you have to watch early because there is something that happens in his matching that we've never had before.
Speaker 1: Oh goodness, that's got me in.
Speaker 4: That's a hook.
Speaker 6: Okay, So who's going to be the polarizing character this time around, because there's always one.
Speaker 1: There's a guy in the promos who's got a top man bun. He's my pick.
Speaker 5: We do have some man buns in the mix this year. I'm even thinking of growing the hair out. I mean, maybe this is where it's said it now, but look, I think with our cast this year, we do have and I know the person you're talking about, Jack, You I think he calls himself an alpha in some of the teasers. He's certainly a main player in all of this. He and I have words on many occasions, which you know, like like a lot of people, I think when they come on this show, they probably don't get the feedback, but I give them and they probably never heard it before, so it is remarkable to watch how they receive it. I think. Also another person who's a big player is Laurence, so you want to look out for her. She's a very big personality.
Speaker 2: Hey, John, is some of your feedback just going back to Jack? Some of your feedback to him? And when he wears a suit to wear socks with his shoes because he's I would just look at the promo shots here and he's rocking that hole. Was it sockless look, and I just don't think it's yeah.
Speaker 5: Look, I'm going to be honest. This fashion statement came in a couple of years ago. I remember a couple of seasons ago, these guys would walk in with no socks and there they're sort of pants rolled up three quarter length, and I was like, I'm not sure if I really I can accept this, but it seems to have stuck. It's a look now and I've got to embrace it.
Speaker 1: I always think, God, that would stink.
Speaker 6: Today.
Speaker 1: No socks. That's me.
Speaker 5: There's many things that go through my mind when I sit on.
Speaker 6: That exactly, John Aken, as always, it's an absolute pleasure to have a chat with you. We'll catch up with you mid season just to see how things are going.
Speaker 5: Okay, fantastic. Enjoy it. It's a it's a great watch in that first episode. Just really prepare yourself. Wedding ceremony yep, something that the family and friends do at one of the ceremonies, which is absolutely shocking.
Speaker 4: So look out.
Speaker 8: Wow.
Speaker 1: Well, as we always say on this show, Andrew Hayes, love is love. Love is love.
Speaker 5: John Ak, guys, you enjoy here's what you're waking up to adelaide, what's the news today.
Speaker 6: Post news everything you need to know to get your day under the way.
Speaker 1: Let's go to Abby in the newsroom. What you got Good morning.
Speaker 9: As we've discussed, thousands of students are heading back to the classroom today, but this little story peaked my interest over the weekend.
Speaker 1: St.
Speaker 9: Andrew School in Walkerville are trying to help students with their anxiety on day one. So it can all be a little bit full on, especially if it's a new school or you're heading there and you know you've finished primary school. Your friends are going to a different school. So Panda and Pepper, who are not students there, kavoodles will be out the front and they'll be greeting students as.
Speaker 1: They walk in. They want a hand from Sid.
Speaker 9: You could send sit along, I'm sure Rock up. Yeah, it makes kiddies feel good, does he she? I wouldn't send Tank and Tory because they would probably terrorize you.
Speaker 1: Exactly right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what about tour in particular, just giving it to the school kids.
Speaker 9: And then gives them a false sense of security, lets them walk up to them and then barts. So yeah, but anyway, have a great day at school and there's a few who are still off. I know that some of my nieces and nephews don't go back until tomorrow, so their parents are very much on the countdown to that.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I can imagine things have changed, have they?
Speaker 2: Yes, they have over the years in terms of I remember going. I remember going to primary school. It's one of those locked in memories that I've that I had, that that that feeling where I must have been five or six, Yeah, and mum left, and just that.
Speaker 4: Feeling of being alone.
Speaker 1: It's awful.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, just stayed with me for my whole life.
Speaker 1: I hated primary school. I used to go to sick Bay all the time? Did you just go? Can you come a mum? Yeah, you don't want to be there? And horrible teacher. Wow, what a sad story.
Speaker 6: Anyway, enjoy your first day back, kiddies.
Speaker 4: Travel Tasmania. What a beautiful but.
Speaker 1: Oh dear, what about this?
Speaker 6: For the first time ever, the South Australian economy has been ranked number one in the nation in a new report by COMSEC.
Speaker 4: What about that?
Speaker 6: And she driven my population growth and housing activity?
Speaker 1: Do you reckon?
Speaker 5: Hot?
Speaker 1: Mally will be all around this today? What time is his press conference.
Speaker 4: You think you'd have something to say one of two words, would he.
Speaker 6: Look, he will be spooking our great state, which is good. But so we don't want too many people to come here because I like the fact that it takes seven minutes to get to work, isn't it good?
Speaker 2: We still go by that manter as well. Anyone who bags South Australia to go on the Eastern States, it means that they haven't been here. Yes, and we kind of want to keep it that way. But at the same time, you still want tourism. So it's just a weird little thing that we've got going on.
Speaker 1: Come stay for a little while, but then off you try.
Speaker 4: Come stay, but don't go to any of the good bits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that could be the new tagline.
Speaker 4: Yeah it's good, Come stay, don't do much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, come and stay, but please leave and then you know what.
Speaker 4: Off.
Speaker 6: It's like when your relatives come and stay your house for a day or so.
Speaker 9: It's like when I have a party and all the banners across the things say please leave by nine pm.
Speaker 1: Yeah, my bedtime's nine five.
Speaker 4: Trickly out by nine pm. Hey, let's write this up.
Speaker 2: A little bit of sport we'll talk about cricket a little bit later on with a great time round after seven o'clock, but the tennis are wrapped up over the weekend as well. Around Saberlenca absolutely smashed it in for her second Australian Open, and then.
Speaker 4: Last night I went to bed.
Speaker 2: Daniel Medvedev, who's an interesting character, it must be said, was up two sets to love midway through the third you thought and the commentators were saying, oh, I sense an opportunity here for Yannick Sinner.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and I look at my phone this morning.
Speaker 7: Smashed it.
Speaker 4: He sets the love down, he comes back and wins.
Speaker 1: He's only kid, isn't he.
Speaker 4: He's about twenty two here he is postmatch. The support has been crazy throughout to hold two and two weeks.
Speaker 7: It makes me, you guys make me feel home. So thank you so much.
Speaker 3: It's it's a quarterly fifteen thousand people, but it feels like much more.
Speaker 4: So thank you so much for everyone. A NEMA, we love you.
Speaker 6: You're just gonna say nice things to us, Yeah, yeah, yeah, you just have to talk us up and that's it. Did you see Basil's implus he got himself in hot water over the weekend.
Speaker 4: He did, didn't he?
Speaker 1: Oh, if you didn't see it. He was about to have a press conference.
Speaker 6: He didn't realize the cameras were rolling, and he suggested that the women's final was a reserves match, which he was arguing was taken out of context. He was talking about it's the reserves because I'm presenting the news, so that's why it's the reserves.
Speaker 4: Yeah, what did you make if it happens?
Speaker 9: When I first saw the video, I was like, are you kidding me? But then reading into the whole thing, Yeah, it kind of was taken out of context.
Speaker 1: It's a lesson for young players, though, isn't it.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Cameras are always.
Speaker 4: Rolling, and we're in front of you, and there's a mic.
Speaker 1: There always a mic.
Speaker 4: They're picking stuff up. Yeah, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Well, rough weekend for bas.
Speaker 4: Must be Basil's first time in front of the camera.
Speaker 2: I remember a few days ago and we spoke about Kelly Clarkson how she told what she likes to do in the shower. Remind me, yeah, you a fish? She said she likes too, and she can't help, but she likes to quite regularly urinate in the shower.
Speaker 4: That classic, classic Dirty Bird Kelly.
Speaker 1: Clark, Classic Clarkson.
Speaker 2: And I told you how much I like to eat in the shower and also drink beers in the shower, because the shower's there for much more than just washing yourself.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Well, guess what.
Speaker 2: There's another celebrity that jumped on board the shower train, and that is living your life in there. So can you take a shower with me?
Speaker 1: Oh god, I.
Speaker 2: Highly recommend you do. Don't take this the wrong way, but come on, take this little journey. But let's have a shower.
Speaker 4: Oh there it is. Jessica. Bill's the latest to come out to do something in the shower.
Speaker 1: What does she like to do?
Speaker 2: She's offered an insight into a daily routine by revealing her peculiar habit of eating in the shower, which is divided opinion, of course, but she's taken it the next step up. She's said in a recent TikTok post that she likes to eat and drink in the shower. Shower provately arpans like cereal or yogurt, tea popsicles, to which she said, I know melk factor, right, but safe you know, anything that drops, you're good.
Speaker 1: Love that from jess I love your just beel impression.
Speaker 6: Oh.
Speaker 4: Basically, what she's saying is you can do absolutely anything in the shower, and I mean anything.
Speaker 2: I don't think you understand what goes on in the Hayes household inside the shower.
Speaker 1: Do I want to know while we're showering?
Speaker 4: How do you think? What do you think Kara and I get up to in the shower?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Wow, what do you go and have a guess?
Speaker 1: It's escalated? Go I have a well, the kids home or the kids out.
Speaker 4: They might be home, they might be out.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you anyway. Number One, Car and I actually got married in the shower, which is nice. Number two Car gave birth to all three of our kids in the shower.
Speaker 4: That's how much we get around the shower.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Number three, the kids are homeschool, so we teach the kids in the shower whilst they're showering as well. So basically what we do in the shower is everything except for wash ourselves.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 4: So that's just that's just a bit of an insight into what happens in.
Speaker 1: The ha That's a real twist on showering things.
Speaker 4: You can get involved as well to your bunch of dirty birds.
Speaker 2: I fought do below nine one nine because Jess Bills come out and she's bang on board, especially the pop school thing and the coffee thing, and everything hits the floor. I'm not sure if she's eating it once hits a floor. Showers are free goes, aren't?
Speaker 1: No, I don't.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure about eating yogurt in the shower, Like what if the water gets into the yogurt water?
Speaker 2: I can't just turn it up and not Let me get on your back there its what have you been doing.
Speaker 1: Together?
Speaker 5: Ever?
Speaker 1: Again?
Speaker 4: Dirty back? Give that a bit of a scrub. Please, this may take well, folks, Let's get to the break.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 4: That's a job. That's a joke.
Speaker 7: That's a joke, joke, A terrible job.
Speaker 4: Led so so courageously by news reader Abby good Morning, the Queen of humor.
Speaker 9: I just spent all weekend looking for the best joke possible.
Speaker 4: Look for it. It comes to you.
Speaker 2: It comes to a Sometimes the good jokes knock on Abby's door and like, can you please can we do a little collaboration.
Speaker 9: There's been plenty of jokes that have knocked on my door over the years.
Speaker 4: Or who wants to kick it off? This week? You want to do the honors jokes.
Speaker 1: Okay, if you like Andrew Hoes.
Speaker 6: What did the yoga instructor say when her landlord tried to evict her?
Speaker 4: I'm not sure.
Speaker 1: No, I must stay.
Speaker 2: I'll go next to before we build up to the grand finale, and that is always news. So, guys, she's hard to get an apartment at the moment, isn't it. Five ants actually rented an apartment with another five ance now they're tenants.
Speaker 4: I appreciate that. That's really nice.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so you described your joke as kind of dirty, and there's no such thing.
Speaker 1: It's either dirty or it's not well.
Speaker 9: Because Andrew ended up in HR last week, I'm trying to play it down so they don't come after me. Okay, okay, Ready, Duffy Duck is on a night out and he meets a woman Duck. They head back to his hotel and you know, things are going pretty well and he calls down to reception and he says, could.
Speaker 1: You guys bring up a little bit of protection for me? You know?
Speaker 9: So the reception says, sir, should we stick it on your bill? And Duffy replies, are you bloody stupid?
Speaker 7: On?
Speaker 1: Okay?
Speaker 4: A lot to.
Speaker 1: So much.
Speaker 6: Yeah, morning to all the Duck fans out.
Speaker 2: The closest thing that we've got to Daffy Duck is probably Tom Rain. He's going to join us next weekends Studio Magic Tommy.
Speaker 10: Actually, I've got little Charlie starting his first day today, five year old, first day receptions, big day, big day.
Speaker 7: So the big day is sport as well.
Speaker 11: Want to just go back to U.
Speaker 7: Is he excited or in.
Speaker 10: Fact he's warning school uniform the last three days at home. That's because he's so excited. So he's he's pumped.
Speaker 1: Up for him and he's got a better dress sense than.
Speaker 4: See what's he wearing In terms of his sports.
Speaker 2: He's got one Nike shoe on, one rebop, one Pume Soft one.
Speaker 7: Soccer soccer shorts.
Speaker 10: Then he's got an Adelaide United top.
Speaker 11: Then he's got crow sos. In the Melbourne victory, not about the fashion, Let's talk about the cricket. What about that for a finish hag?
Speaker 6: Was that?
Speaker 7: You know?
Speaker 10: And I reckon there's probably eighty ninety percent of Australian fans that were as happy as the West Indies were when they won. You know, I think everyone just understands how great they used to be and you know how far they've fallen and the fact that it's not pride of place.
Speaker 7: In the Caribbean anymore.
Speaker 10: But a result like that hopefully invigorates the next generation to say, I want to be like Shama Joseph.
Speaker 7: I mean, how good was he?
Speaker 1: I was sitting there going, is it wrong that I really want the West indistinct?
Speaker 7: No, not at all.
Speaker 10: I think I think everyone I'd be fascinated to hear from the listeners. I think they'd be the same. Most people were rap. What about a celebration. I thought he was going to run out of the stadium and run down the street for another three.
Speaker 4: Or four game.
Speaker 1: He started marathon a few laps of the echo.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, over the celebration and inside the Fox commentary boxes all the vision of Brian Laha and Gil Christ. Bothy's Australia's greatest of all time.
Speaker 4: He's celebrating with the rest.
Speaker 7: It was great.
Speaker 10: And then Carl Hooper was there, you know, just really good to see a couple of those West Indian legends just getting so much enjoyment. First win on Australian soil in twenty seven years since ninety seven. So fabulous result for them. Not so good for the Aussi's poor Traviy King peir oh yeah, coming off the one hundred those so look maybe they need a bit of a break.
Speaker 7: But not a great result for the Australian.
Speaker 2: It's huge, huge summer awards for Travis Head. There was a positive Steve Smith is back cemented looks good at opening.
Speaker 10: Yeah, and carried his bat I mean, you know, ninety one not out. He did everything he could. He just literally ran out of partners, so you know, batter well, that will do him the world of good just getting that one innings under his belt. Otherwise the narrative would have been is this spot right for him? So the fact he was able to do that, I think, you know, probably gives him that surety that it's going to be okay going forward.
Speaker 1: Let's talk tennis.
Speaker 10: How good Yanick Sinner twenty two year old? Are we seeing the generation next?
Speaker 7: I think so.
Speaker 10: Now Novak obviously incredible and probably will win another slam he's got twenty four. But I think now that Sinner's got his first, it's that belief I can do it.
Speaker 1: Isn't that ridiculous? He's got twenty four.
Speaker 10: Twenty four, it's insane, but Yannick now has the first and from two sets down, he did what Medvedev did to Alexander Zverev in the semifinal, came from two sets back.
Speaker 7: But I think the right man won the tournament. Sinner beat.
Speaker 10: Djokovic kind of felt like if you didn't win it, oh, it's a bit unfortunate. You know, you took out the ten time champion and still didn't win it. But he did, and I think it's the right result.
Speaker 6: I was reading something this morning. If you take care of Joker in a Grand Slam, then you win it. That's been the statistic.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, because if he gets to a semi, you don't. Yeah, as soon as he gets to a semi, absolutely locking in as a Jokovic Major. But as we always say, when Yanick Sina wins a major, which has never happened for winn winning Yanick sound.
Speaker 4: I just saw it. I saw it on.
Speaker 7: Bag that's fine.
Speaker 6: Oh my god, you shamelessly stole that and we all watched it unfold.
Speaker 10: Awful good result and look a shout out as well to Arena Sablenka. Back to back she's now won two Grand slams. I think she'll win. I think she could win his minutes half a dozen if she keeps her game and her body right. She's very hard to stop. She's a great player to watch. So well until a Rena Sabalanka.
Speaker 4: Beautiful, Hey Renni, you know the drill.
Speaker 7: It's been a while, actually it has been a while. In twenty I need to start the year.
Speaker 2: Well you do, because as we know, no one does better job than news read Abbey and look. She will be the judge as to whether this is a good joking off. Okay, for your debut in twenty twenty four for the joke off?
Speaker 1: What can I just watch a tough crowd in there?
Speaker 7: Oh really?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 7: Okay, So it's all in the delivery or is it the content as well?
Speaker 10: A bit of both? Okay, all right, well here we go. Why are pigs bad drivers? Pigs bad drivers because they hog the road?
Speaker 4: That was truly awful content, A little bit iffy.
Speaker 9: You passes.
Speaker 1: About what happened?
Speaker 4: Your thoughts be brutal, be honest.
Speaker 7: So for doublow ready, thanks for you Toms now, pleasure great to be back.
Speaker 4: Congratulations to all the parents who made it across the holidays. You did it. You absolutely did it.
Speaker 6: I know it was a marathon, not a sprint, but you got there and you've just crossed the finish line. Now, Palm those kiddies off.
Speaker 4: Parm them off.
Speaker 2: If the kids going to school for the first time this morning, jeez, the nerves, the anxiety, the excitement, everything that comes with it, so many different emotions, really really big time of your life.
Speaker 1: Where are yours at at the moment.
Speaker 4: So Henry is going into you once? So we had kin you last year, so he's a pro.
Speaker 2: He's a pro now so but I remember this time last year and I had to work, so it wasn't there. But just my wife Kara sending through the photos and they're all nice and they've got the little sign saying this is my school, this is my year and my favorite thing. But you can see the fear in his eyes. Yeah yeah, and it's a smile, but you can dance see the fear behind his eyes.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: It's such an emotional time for kids, isn't it. I've got one going into year seven this morning, first year of high school.
Speaker 2: That's I think I think that might be even more significant than your first Yeah, like going into your kindya or you want like it's because you're established now and you're very it's very very nervous time.
Speaker 6: Well, you're going from being the big fish in a small pond to being a very small little you know, like one of those little fish called little tadpole.
Speaker 4: You're going into a tadpole like sharks.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it feels like and I think I'm more nervous for her, hazy, because like, I didn't have a great time in high school for a couple of years.
Speaker 4: There no you bullyed to were I was was the haircuts.
Speaker 1: Was yeah, year seven and eight. I got it together after Yeah.
Speaker 2: The haircuts were awful. I mean in defense of the bullies, very bulliable.
Speaker 1: You were so awful. Photos Do I blame Colleen for that?
Speaker 4: Like Colleen, what are you doing? I think Collein was in on it.
Speaker 1: She shaved the side of my head and then I had curlyer on top.
Speaker 4: Oh god, come on. One day she put a little sign on her back. It was like, please bully me.
Speaker 1: Certainly, I condone bullying here on absolutely not.
Speaker 4: I remember my first I remember my first day of high.
Speaker 2: School and I went away to boarding school, and I do remember everything was fine, and then as soon as mom and dad left, tears like proper tears. And I didn't even know that I could even at that age. I don't even know I could cry like that. And it took me a good Dad came back and we went for another walk and then left again tears. And it wasn't me being like stay, it was me and being like, I know what's going on here. And then the next morning so obviously did love you just genuinely shipped me off. And then the next morning, after the first night at boarding school, and you hardly sleep, but I did get sleep towards the end, and you know, when you wake up and if there's something pressing going on, there's always that money before reality sinks in. I remember waking up and then that instant feeling i'd been like, oh, yeah, that's right, I'm here.
Speaker 4: I just went bad. Oh god, it's one of the worst feels I've ever had.
Speaker 6: Kids. There's nothing quite like that loneliness when you're a kid, when your parents leave you like that. Anyway, this is really sad.
Speaker 2: I'ven't really spoken to mom and dad since no I have, and I absolutely loved.
Speaker 4: The boarding school.
Speaker 1: What happened to you producing him.
Speaker 8: The day back at school, so I went to a school that, according to the uniform policy, blazers were mandatory. So as a reception, I'm not the tallest person now, so in reception I was tiny. Mom made me wear the blazer even though no one else did, and it was probably three sizes too big because she wanted it to last. And also, just to add to it, I had a horrendous bowl cut, so I think she was just setting me out to fail.
Speaker 1: That's right, producers, though.
Speaker 12: Well mine wasn't necessarily first day, but the first week back at school, they made us go on camp to make friends, and so I went to camper. I didn't know anyone, and then day one we were windsurfing and it was.
Speaker 4: Fun, really cool.
Speaker 12: Let's push each other off the windsurf boards, and they pushed me off. My windsurf board went up in the air back hit me on the face and split my eyebrow right down to my eye pretty much blood everywhere, and everyone felt really really bad for me. So I made some friends because everyone pitied me. So yeah, you see, tragedy is how you make friends.
Speaker 1: Ye, that will pity friendship, So.
Speaker 12: Yeah, big time, and I'm still friends with them.
Speaker 7: Pitty gets you a long way in life.
Speaker 4: Kids.
Speaker 2: Certainly a key message in that, isn't it. Yeah, And that is if you want to make some friends, you gotta draw some blood. Absolutely, and whether that's your blood or someone.
Speaker 1: Else just kidding, Yeah, you gotta want it.
Speaker 12: The teachers had my back as well. They told everyone that I'd been a survivor of a shark attack, so everyone thought I was like epic the new.
Speaker 4: Kids survived a shark in the face.
Speaker 12: Yeah, in the Murray River wild.
Speaker 1: It's quiet the story.
Speaker 2: Good luck to all the kids who are having a bit of a first day adventure, whether it's you one kindergarten or your seven, big big day.
Speaker 6: Yeah, and you'll be right. Primary school doesn't to find you. Neither do just high school can gets better.
Speaker 2: Just let those memories go, different state, different time. It was years ago, it was decades and decades.
Speaker 4: Just trying to make you.
Speaker 2: Think about something different, right, con straight on different foruma birthday coming up next, a thousand bucks up for grabs, just having a birthday.
Speaker 7: We're going back in time. Dazies on this Daisy in time.
Speaker 2: Monday, Sexy beautiful mannic Monday. Welcome to the start of the working week.
Speaker 4: You love it.
Speaker 6: I don't know that many people call it sexy Monday, but here we are.
Speaker 2: There's sexy Monday. To do this thing. Let's take a little trip down memory lane. Who wants in?
Speaker 4: Do you want in me? All right?
Speaker 2: Just like a membership for some of these iconic stadiums around Australia where you're.
Speaker 4: Going to put you on the waiting lists. We'll get back to you in about fourteen fifteen years. Yeah, all right.
Speaker 2: Let's get back to nineteen forty three on this day, that is the twenty ninth of January. Molly Meldrim was born in all Boast, Victoria. Today's is if your first bird is eighty one. That's outrageous too, wearing a gorgeous Cuba two, No doubt, isn't it with the sort of side slipped up.
Speaker 6: Yeah, back in the day, wasn't he like he just secured all the biggest interviews on the planet.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's it would be the go to. We'll speak to Molly first, Yeah, and then no one else second. Nailed it, massive security supporter as well. Nineteen fifty four, Oprah Winfrey was born in Mississippi. Today she is seventy years old, so amongst the all time most influential people that has ever existed.
Speaker 4: Number one, number one?
Speaker 2: Wow yeah, think about it as well in terms of what about particularly in the media number one.
Speaker 4: Or how the Queen Oprah? No, wait, that's Beyonce. Ah cheers, I'm a little bit confused.
Speaker 2: Twenty three two, Ash Party won the Australian Open Women's Singles title, becoming the first Australian to do so since nineteen seventy hour. And everyone's like, guess what, guess what, I've got it ready ready for these book.
Speaker 1: Party, Party, Party, Party, it got bad. And in the Channel ten news.
Speaker 2: Room, Ashbarty's one, she's doing well, and we'll write this party party.
Speaker 1: Is it fanned at Channel seven or just ten?
Speaker 2: And then we'll about this same party, Barty, let's swing it around. Number one song on January twenty ninth in ninety two was Black or White by Michael Jackson. I had the cassette this album and I was busting am held look at this what a film clip