Speaker 1: Hey, oh my god, I'm really having a heart attack.
Speaker 2: It was a very, very scrappy game.
Speaker 1: But I'll tell you, buddy what. I'm proud of my boys. Fantastic and Dawson and Rachelley what two little stars. I mean, it was a scrappy game day. I thought they'll go to lose, and I thought, no, no, no, come on, you can do it.
Speaker 3: You can do it.
Speaker 1: Because it was just so scrappy and it was one from the other. I am so proud. And you know what else, ROWI I'm so proud of you.
Speaker 4: Oh, good on you. Lindy. I did nothing. I sat up here, what's going on?
Speaker 5: I didn't care. Anyone could talk faster than me. But I think Lindy's Lindy did. Lindy, thank you.
Speaker 6: Keep the calls coming in Crows run by five after being twenty one points down. Well, I think you don't single people out, but in games.
Speaker 4: Like this, you look at your leaders.
Speaker 6: The last quarter, the first five minutes from door saws them to the minute he kicked that goal on Donkey, that held him. Well, that's what a leader is. And when you have a leader leading, the rest of you follow. He set the scene, set the pace, and they all followed. It was fan bloody, testy, it's got them out, bark.
Speaker 7: At Darryl did I Rowian boys had to switch on in the last quarter, guys. I was sitting live in the SCG members last Saturday night, guys, and I saw one scene. I saw a great man Miller set the game up from the back, lind He didn't get enough credit. I thought he was terrific again tonight. And these guys are playing team football and it wins matches rowing.
Speaker 4: Well it does.
Speaker 6: They're playing a brand of footage that stands up under pressure. It certainly did. The first thing I did with the siren when I sent a text to my wife and I said, Jody, get the tickets for Grand Final day.
Speaker 4: Hello Kathy, Oh.
Speaker 2: My god, Hey guys, you need to play.
Speaker 4: That song role very very happy.
Speaker 8: Can you feel it?
Speaker 4: Not ready for that? Don't tease me, it will come.
Speaker 6: One of the things we needed to do, Kathy was beat a absolute bona fide Premiership contender who's in the top four when they've played their best footing. Now you can argue whether they did or they didn't. They certainly did in the last ten minutes. Then Kathy they've passed the test.
Speaker 8: Kathy passed the pup test.
Speaker 5: After they passed the pup test, Ye, they passed the pub test. There's no doubt about that. They're nine wins in. It's it's been a long time between drinks twenty seventeen. The last time they made the final stave yep absolutely eight years. But it looks like they're going to not just play finals, but potentially be a serious contender and go deep in them. Still a long way to go, we know, but things are looking good at the moment. Let's go to Cormandel East and Jordan has given us a call. Hello, Jordan.
Speaker 8: They's fantastic wins. I think we once we passed the Comingwood test, then I think we're gonna be okay. But we've just played absolutely fantastic.
Speaker 9: Football two weeks two.
Speaker 10: Row do you think tweet five will get suspended.
Speaker 5: James in the game? Rowie says no, campaign we'll.
Speaker 6: Neil played on. How can you get suspended in the tackle of the bloke played on?
Speaker 5: Head hit the ground?
Speaker 4: Didn't so what everyone's head hits the ground?
Speaker 6: I don't even want to talk about that and crap, just Rex, what was a great game there's no way he will. He can't if he does get stuff AFL ten eight fifteen. I don't want to talk about that. I don't want to talk about how good the Crows were the milling. Now we'll get the song. We're going to go down into the race. They're going to go into next week's game before the bye nine and four.
Speaker 4: I'll say it again, nine and four.
Speaker 5: Well, the other good thing they've got to Rowie. I know it wasn't a big win tonight, clearly, but their percentage is really healthy too, so that the same thing. Yeah, later in the season their contenders massively. Let's go to Underdale. Hello, Daniel, how you doing there?
Speaker 9: Guys?
Speaker 3: I just want to say what happened to attack in the best form of defense?
Speaker 4: They did the.
Speaker 3: Same thing again port Adelaide on the game they al must not play regard.
Speaker 5: Campo your thoughts. I mean, Brisbe was it more a case of Brisbane were just winning the football? Audi the Crows try and shut it down a bit too much at the end in the last.
Speaker 11: Quarter to the last five they just couldn't get any yardage.
Speaker 12: That was because there was the amount of bodies in the defensive fifty. They just couldn't get any clean air, so it was going out and then coming straight back in again.
Speaker 11: Because you never get to reset the ground.
Speaker 12: So sometimes in those situations you hope that someone kicks a goal so you can actually go as bad as it sounds, you go back to the middle of the ground and then try and set the ground up. But I just thought it was there was that much pressure that they just kept hacking it out instead of just a little bit of composure. Sometimes just getting an uncontested mark and then marching it up the ground is better than just bombing it out. But you know, Brisbane were always going to come and they were really brave.
Speaker 11: In the end.
Speaker 12: They just mcluggy, just kick into the corridor, was hit or miss and they ended up getting a shot on goal.
Speaker 11: But they just withstood you know what.
Speaker 12: They what they threw them adelaide like forty seven entries to sixty. That's a big number, sixty entries to defend.
Speaker 6: Calls are coming in thick and fast. Hello Simon at Parkside.
Speaker 2: Hey y'all, fellows, what a win.
Speaker 4: That was a blood ripper as this study.
Speaker 10: But can we give a mention out to Nicky and where's all the nick Hators now.
Speaker 4: One, yep, yep, and wet.
Speaker 6: I sit here after this corresponding game last year on the six to six, I wanted the board out. I wanted Rue out. I wanted the list manager out. I wanted Nick, I wanted them all out. I wanted a broom. I wanted an accelerant. I wanted to pitchfork, and I wanted to lead the charge. Roll on a year and they've beaten Brisbane. They held their nerve, They had an internal review, made some strategic arm what would you call them strategic picks? Well, you know from Barmie and Murray Davis and the three boys they got in the draft.
Speaker 4: They needed to do. That was a footy first thing.
Speaker 6: And they sit here now not sacking anyone, backing in their strategy and their people.
Speaker 4: They were the words used by Tim Silvers and they're.
Speaker 6: Sitting nine and four. Makes bullfeits like me look like dickheads.
Speaker 5: Some of their recruitings worked well too, hasn't it in the.
Speaker 4: Off season about time?
Speaker 5: Yeah? Absolutely, But Petling has been a good addition coming has.
Speaker 4: Worked for them great depth. They've all added.
Speaker 5: Dawson Rank and we know those two.
Speaker 7: Hello, Michael, you know how are you.
Speaker 4: Pretty bloody happy? Michael? Just beat a premiership contending team at home.
Speaker 8: But the crabs are co mate and the bloody legs are throwing.
Speaker 4: No, I'm more.
Speaker 6: Wait, don't tempt me because I'm teetering. But Michael, I'm it's an analogy ready. You look at that strange So you get a stainless steel pot, you feel it full of salt water, and you bring it to the ball and the lid on the top, this.
Speaker 5: Is it about?
Speaker 4: And then it explodes?
Speaker 5: How close to exploding?
Speaker 6: Well, if you beat Hawthorne away it will more than explode, and that lid exploding won't be the only thing explaining, and this rose ed will explode.
Speaker 4: I got the third leg of the quaddy up.
Speaker 6: The last runs next week, so so no tempting me, because we've got to see it through.
Speaker 5: You're coming up again to the boy a good side too, who knows how to play that ground.
Speaker 6: Well they're not better than this mob, no I think. And they got bull fids like it in there and a captain like Sicily, but they cannot win a flag for those two.
Speaker 5: And Sicily won't be playing next week. He's still in good he's got the hit issue good and the Crows there, I mean Campa, they get through Campo. Where do you sit with adelaide that performance. You've had a bit of time now toy sok in how do you sort of assess it and where they're at? Perhaps more broadly, well.
Speaker 12: The thing that I've impressed with is they want a different way against the quality opposition. So previously and with the question for me heading into this week was can they do it against the top quality team And the answer is yes. They hung in there with the conditions did it wasn't allowed to be played the way that they would have liked or Brisbane wanted to play it, So both teams didn't necessarily play the game that they're normally allowed to play. I thought Brisman were closer to playing their normal style of game, particularly with their uncontested possession and their kick.
Speaker 11: Mark game, particularly with that.
Speaker 12: But ultimately at the end of the day, they found a different way to win and they went back to work at three quots a time and literally just threw the shackles off and said let's get some let's get gone here. And then it was just some class. It just rose to the top. I mean, you think of field thought, you know, at two hundred and odd centimeters just skid one through. Mentioned Josh Rachelley his game. So ben Keyes again hits the school board and then the captain takes a contested mark and goes back and salots it and then it was literally all hands on deck to defend. So they've ticked that box, which is great for them and their self belief. The thing is, and I spoke to Rowie about it on Tuesday when he was.
Speaker 11: How do they go now with the expectation But again.
Speaker 5: Yep, so because it's coming hard and.
Speaker 12: They've done They've done that week by week thing which has held him in really good set.
Speaker 11: And they've done that beautifully. Now what happens now.
Speaker 12: Do they stay the course and stay really focused and that's the challenge of the huturity and say no.
Speaker 11: No, let's not look ahead.
Speaker 12: Let's keep the narrow focus of what's doing, which is what they've done really well. Or do they start listening to the outside noise and then it just whatever happens. You lose your your focus, your focus on what's going to happen.
Speaker 5: And the thing is, campaign it's not just going to be you know, because we're in an essay. We live and breathe it every week with two teams. But it's going to come all over the country now because everyone and everyone goes this mob a series.
Speaker 6: What's you announce yourself? I think today they announced themselves. They've announced themselves as they contender.
Speaker 5: Well, everyone around the legue's like, what have these crows got They wanted to see tonight and I think they've seen.
Speaker 4: Tell you what they've got part from grunt and fight and they've got a bit of talent. Hello Trevor at Seaford.
Speaker 3: Now touches in the last quarter Glory Lead and Brodie Smith and they have between them in the last.
Speaker 4: Quarter they were terrific.
Speaker 11: They had fifteen between them Smith and had seven.
Speaker 4: He's got to stay in now, Smith, They're going to find a spot for him. You could be the perfect Just.
Speaker 11: Leave him there.
Speaker 5: He did really well, didn't He tacked the footy hard, he was out anything else trev.
Speaker 4: Travoy.
Speaker 5: Yeah, he had a great game. He put his head in the hard spot, got an important touch on the line as well. Late in the game he was kicked.
Speaker 4: It out in the He's a ripper, Hello, Mary. Mary. Quite contrary, No, that's not true.
Speaker 5: Rowe.
Speaker 4: Oh, row listen.
Speaker 8: What you say?
Speaker 1: You want to book your ticket to the Grand Final?
Speaker 4: But you don't like I just and I said, book it? Love?
Speaker 1: Can you feel it?
Speaker 5: So?
Speaker 1: Are you going to the Grand Final?
Speaker 4: Here? I hope? So? Mary? Isn't that everyone's dream?
Speaker 1: Where have they been for the last eight years?
Speaker 9: Why are they playing so well?
Speaker 10: Now?
Speaker 1: I can't get it. I can't get it, Like, where have they been?
Speaker 6: Well, it's taking time to build, Mary. It's like building a house. You've got to have a foundation and you put the frame up and you end up putting a roof on, and then you start doing the interior design and I reckon the interior design into a house?
Speaker 8: Like seriously, very I just did.
Speaker 4: It's an analogy. Do you know what an analogy is? Yeah?
Speaker 5: I didn't mind it, Rowie. After the game, leaky roof, total roof restoration, do it right with right price roofing. Let's go to Stewart at Fulham Gardens. Get a steep step.
Speaker 9: Gentlemen, how are we? Two very quick points?
Speaker 8: Third point go the bloody Quaddy will handle Hawthorne next week. I hope the second thing is apart from the doors and standing up for some big things. All played well again, that's the most impressive thing.
Speaker 9: We're not reliant on anyone.
Speaker 8: To win the game for us anymore.
Speaker 9: Across the whole ground.
Speaker 3: Pretty happy with how the boys played.
Speaker 8: Keasy, never stilf trying.
Speaker 3: Rachelley this year is a different man and freaking love them all.
Speaker 4: Yep, No, it's great.
Speaker 6: A lot of them are having their best seasons ever. The fact they haven't had any injuries. But people said, all right with who they've beaten, Well, they haven't beaten anyone until today.
Speaker 4: Yeah, you're right. We lost a calling.
Speaker 6: We've lost to Geelong, lost to Freeman, lost to Gold Coast. So where are those knockers? They've now beaten Brisbane and they threw their best punch and they won by five points in trying conditions after being down by twenty one. They've announced themselves.
Speaker 5: Hello, Harry, you know me?
Speaker 10: How are you? I just wanted to give a quick shout out to big banker Keys. You know rowe had a great call before he had, you know, bilding the foundations of the house. If the frames up, you've got the roof on, and then you've got to furnish the house and what you can't without a without a one item in the kitchen, you can't run, and that's a fridge. And one thing that keeps running for the Odelay Footy Club is big Banger Keys. He just keeps on going and going. He's the fridge of.
Speaker 9: The Adelaie football Club.
Speaker 10: I just want to give Am a big shout out. The Lions got rid of him in I think twenty nineteen and we've picked him up and he's been great for us. So a bit of egg on their face. They've got their flag, but a bit of egg on their face in the end, I think, well.
Speaker 6: How he proved it to him today he was playing through the midfield. I was very what's the word critical critical of him because of his ball years and we were saying if they could only play him as that high half forward because he can get D fifty fifty as good as anyone. How many times you see him overwork his opponent because he's such a powerful to two hundred meter runner, gets Gold's side and scores. He's picked up his skills and speaking to Neddie, he has really improved and worked on that and now he's a bona fide gun because he's played in the right position, playing the right role. And you heard him camp and he used to say all the time, put him on somewhere because he worked them over, because he's disciplined, and he worked them the other way.
Speaker 4: I am nothing but praise for him.
Speaker 5: Twenty three goals from thirteen games. That's smartly. Two goals is brilliant. Let's go to Gary. Hello, Gary all the way in Belgium.
Speaker 9: He Gary, Yes, I am, and you know how hard it is to listen to the footy on the radio and not visualize a game. It's one I'm looking forward to coming home and watching soon. So yeah, it was well done everyone, all the players. So I just thought i'd bring in there. We've missed a couple of games, but I'm looking forward to watching all the replays.
Speaker 5: Well enjoyed over there, it's about they're about lunchtime, Belgia.
Speaker 6: Gary, anywhere near I prove you've been to the mening Gates to the service.
Speaker 9: I went there a couple of years ago. Really, we did a tour through the real you and all the battlefields. Ye so privileged to do that. But I'm yeah, hitting the Paris tomorrow and and then we'll head home.
Speaker 5: After from there.
Speaker 4: Jeez, you tough.
Speaker 6: Get some Belgium chocolate Indio and a couple of their big malt bloody beers.
Speaker 4: You get yourself in my brain.
Speaker 5: Good old time. Anyway, we're going to keep the cars going. Let's go to our Hella and Hill. Hello Steve, Oh god, I go.
Speaker 9: Is that the magnificent Tommy Wrinn?
Speaker 5: It is Steve? Yes yet, Well I don't know about magnificent, but it's Tommy Wren. Yes, that's right.
Speaker 2: Well, I just want to talk to Rowe. I'm a listen to the Rowing and Timmy Jennifer four o'clock show every week, and I just want to say, row beautiful. A good on your mate for hanging on like you didn't blow your limbs tonight. You just you just hang on to it, mate, and want to magnificent game. But I just want to say.
Speaker 4: This, I've become very professional and very old years.
Speaker 2: I've got to say. And it was noticed, mate, you were fantastic.
Speaker 11: It was great.
Speaker 5: You were great tonight, Rollie.
Speaker 2: Yeah really you kept you kept the lid on the mate, And because it was an awesome, awesome experience to watch, I loved every bit of it. But can I just say this the comment the commentary. There was one moment I believe, can I say it was Brayshaw when he said we just did ye oh sorry sorry, But when he said like, Crows are hanging on and we were eight points up, and I thought, I believe Brisbane were hanging on and there seems to be a bit of answer, you know. I just thought that was a bit like come on.
Speaker 6: I think what Jimmy might have been alluding to is they had twenty inside fifties in the last six scoring jobs of the game and they were point There was an element of you reckon, Campo, the crow's working on.
Speaker 4: It's on.
Speaker 7: Well.
Speaker 11: I actually thought that his normal, and that's it.
Speaker 12: I sieve that the damn wall does break because you're just defending him. There's just the sloppy free to kick under fatigue, not through anything else or play. It just switches off for that last moment. But twenty inside fifties in a quarter is a fair bit.
Speaker 4: But no goals. Hello, Dan.
Speaker 3: Fellow, Okay, so look out we are on a roll right now. He gets next morning.
Speaker 6: Oh your radios on in the background, Dan, Sorry, couldn't quite hear that. Might come back to your Hello Ethan at West speech.
Speaker 8: How are you going on? I'm going well, what I would like to speak about what's happened with Rachelle. I saw his big celebration there in about the twenty one minutes to go in the second quarter and kick this goal from the pocket, like it wasn't a big goal, and he made this big celebration about it. First, all celebrations should be for the coult figures, someone like a text walker, you and your prime. I saw a goal like that from like Chaquary elevens against Pac. I don't know if you remember it, but you were there Pac against Sacred Heart for the first eighteens thy Kikud very similar goal. You know, had a bit of a surprise brother about but it wasn't like you know, it was second quarter. There's a ten point margin. We're certainly to settle down a bit. I reckon, what do you think.
Speaker 4: Well, he's an excitable little fella. I wouldn't curb that. I think it's infectious.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't like him to do what Ginneman does and maybe pointing to the teeth and all that, But what he's backing up I think now is his teamwork and Campo you've been alluding to it all year. He now tackles, he chases his shepherds, he gives the first give, he gives on the up, he acknowledges his teammates just because he's a bit there for Vestans.
Speaker 4: And over the top with goal celebrations. I hat know camping, I'm off the mark.
Speaker 12: Now you're on the mark, and I disagree. I mean that was an important part.
Speaker 11: Of the game.
Speaker 5: Gives one for game.
Speaker 12: Well, there was only three or four goals each in that point in time, so goals were a premium. So for him to make that tackle, go back and then slot it, I thought it was absolutely well and truly.
Speaker 5: We thought how hard a kick it was, because anything will had it and missed.
Speaker 6: It six checkers inside fifty. Last week. Two of his three goals were inside fifty checkles.
Speaker 4: This week. He wasn't doing that.
Speaker 5: Last year, twenty three goals from ten games. Not surprisingly when he was out with those ribs. That was I reckon the crows flattest period.
Speaker 4: For the year.
Speaker 5: I think he's been huge. Let's go to Thomas and then I think we'll have a break and then do the awards. Let's go to Golden Grove.
Speaker 3: Yeah, how I row in the boys, absolutely fantastic cool. I absolutely loved it. Speaking of love, I really loved Riley O'Brien's game today. I just thought he was absolutely sensational. And the fact that I read on the front page of the Advertiser that they're looking to replace him makes me sick. I thought he was sensational and I hope we can keep him for another four or five years. What do you think, boys, what do you think?
Speaker 5: Well?
Speaker 11: I didn't think he had his best night, to be honest. Sorry, I've been a big.
Speaker 12: Supporter Riley all yeah, and his numbers stack up, but I reckon he got his colors load last week against Grundy even though they won, and tonight if you have it, and I'm lucky enough to have some of the stats in front of me which you wouldn't now, he took some great couple.
Speaker 4: Of really good contests for good cluggers.
Speaker 12: That he hasn't been doing, so he's added that to his game. But in terms of his overall, I mean they both had fifty hitouts, but had fourteen hits to advantage, which is what I value as a midfield coach, and Riley only had the six. And then if you look at head to head it was twenty eight to forty five in terms of effective clearances. So for me, that was the difference in the game from a field position point of view.
Speaker 11: So as much as Riley took some nice.
Speaker 12: Marks and he was competitive he always is, I thought that fort probably had him on the night all.
Speaker 4: Right, last call of the night before the awards and the break. Hello Shane, Yeah go boys.
Speaker 9: I just said, like a notlicey coaching staff.
Speaker 3: So I thought Butts had a very good first half, but his third quarter let him down a little bit, and I thought it was great to pull the trigger, take him off and inject Smith which allowed led just to do what he did across for half back line. So just a big acknowledgement to the to Nixy and the coaching staff.
Speaker 5: Well stupph. Thanks Shane,