Speaker 1: Getay morning every day, every lady, General Adelaide, welcome to the sagurday. I have a lot. Time's day for a night cafe.
Speaker 2: Great to have you on board. Trust that you met the General. Yes, yes, he's back security peacock lookday Thursday works.
Speaker 1: Let's just be transparent here. The General had an affair with Auvy in the newsroom.
Speaker 2: Completely fine. Look, he's had several incidents involving customers. But instead of just flicking him off, he's such a big bird with big personality, we thought we'll send him to rehab. Yep, sure he's a he's a he's a sex addict. But that's fine. Like he's good now, yeah, and he's on the straight.
Speaker 1: And hoar, Yeah it's fine. Thirteen twenty four ten. If you'd like a week's worth of coffee, you just have to navigate the General. But that's okay.
Speaker 2: Do you know what he's Persian as well? Yeah, you get away with that sort of stuff. She has an exotic bird.
Speaker 1: And when the general's clean, General's great. It's just when you know he starts a vider on that.
Speaker 2: Oh is he being super friendly? Is he being a bit flu data?
Speaker 1: You've been a bit feathery.
Speaker 2: He's like genuinely licking your face. You're like, well, okay, let's just go along.
Speaker 1: Is that? Is that the General or the Brewster?
Speaker 3: What?
Speaker 2: He also had a couple of meetings with hr exactly.
Speaker 1: It's got an ava from paining him south. Good morning over, good morning, welcome to our cafe. Have you been before?
Speaker 4: You know?
Speaker 1: It's a good vibe. Enjoy it, soak it up? Over?
Speaker 2: How'd you go to the General?
Speaker 1: I don't know. Yes, what are you having over.
Speaker 5: This morning? Yeah?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what coffee can you get?
Speaker 1: It's good?
Speaker 2: Actually our specialty so in a pretty good spots.
Speaker 1: I didn't realize you had a specialty. I didn't realize you had.
Speaker 2: A special coffee? Really bit? Oh god, what's that?
Speaker 6: What is that?
Speaker 2: Bats again?
Speaker 1: Dear?
Speaker 2: Can you just near my hair? Really gross?
Speaker 1: Can you?
Speaker 2: Can you just get that bad out of your please? Open up the door there?
Speaker 1: And goodness for that?
Speaker 2: I watch her for that power line bag? Oh no, he's dead.
Speaker 1: If you missed it, missed it earlier?
Speaker 2: What happened? Sorry? Avy is still there? Yeah, we're halfway through this coffee, so yeah, you might just have to take a water and go home.
Speaker 1: That's all right, we'll fix you up over. Don't worry, we'll sort something out.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, bloody bad, unbelievable. Sorry, everyone's got to get out. Everyone out of the Saga Day. Have a lat a cafe please, I.
Speaker 1: Know, just settle it down. There's so much we can do when bats take the power.
Speaker 2: Out every single time. All right, I guess we're trying and get the power back on and the sagur Day. Have a latro a cafe returns tomorrow, hopefully, hopefully. Oh, it just makes his skin crawl.
Speaker 1: Let's talk bats, finally, listen to them.
Speaker 2: Just congregating, plotting, backstabbing.
Speaker 1: This is why we're talking abouts. Okay, so picture this, Andrew Hayes. The scene is Brown Hill Creek this week. That flies into power lines, dead carcass, falls onto the ground yep, still on fire, and then starts a blaze through the hills of Brownhill Creek. Now you might go, wow, a bat started a fire. Not uncommon, my friend. So in fact, last year there were fifty five instances of sustained bat outages, affecting seventy two thousand customers.
Speaker 2: You genuine thing one hundred.
Speaker 1: But don't worry because SA power networks are all across it. They've got strategies in place, you guys. So this on nine News last night.
Speaker 3: Fire cause investigators today finding the charred remains of a flying fox, believing the animal came into contact with the power line, causing the fire as it hit the ground. Bats have become an increasing problem for Say Power Networks, which says the state's rapidly growing colony will likely cause more power outages this year. We expect this to be our worst year for bat related outages.
Speaker 2: You feel like they know what they're doing too.
Speaker 1: I'm sorry, I don't mean to be disrespectful to the bats. However, sometimes when you're doing a new story like that and you have to stand there and say bats will cause more power outages sustained ones this year, you feel a bit silly. Yeah. Anyway, so what about this. I've got some batfax for you, So hang on, hang on second, Okay, go for it. So you sit settling in South Australia. Over a decade ago, Botannic Park, you won't be surprised to hear it has become home to forty six thousand, forty six thousand flying foxes, also known as fruit bats, forming the state's largest megabat colony.
Speaker 2: They love it.
Speaker 6: Whoa.
Speaker 1: And have you ever driven through the parklands at night when they all go on the move together? Whoa? And you know that that is so disgusting, but they all it's actually quite intimidating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because you see there's enough moonlight we can see them and you see like the shadows and everything. It's it's the stuff out of horror moves.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you go, jeez, the jokers on the move, what's going on here?
Speaker 2: Yeah? That bat might just land in your hair and bite you on the neck and then boo, you're a vampire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. So most of the outages occur in the early hours of the morning, so the young bats get tired, they're foraging for food and they land on the electricity pole tops for a bit of a rest and then boop done yep, which begs the question on thirteen twenty four to ten, what did the animal ruin bridge your pet ruin?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: And our best caller will win an epic fringe pack so you can go see Arjibaker, Stephen kam Moss and the best of the is it adelaide friens dot com?
Speaker 2: Don years and years ago to have a couple of rabbits.
Speaker 1: Oh, a couple rabbits back on the phone.
Speaker 2: No, no, this is this is when I lived in Adelaide and rabbits absolute slaves for chewing through phone calls. Oh, phone calls and phone charges.
Speaker 1: I reckon.
Speaker 2: I went through about seven or eight phone charges. And on one day, this particular rabbits I've woken up in the middle of the night and it was looking at me, dead in the eye, just chewing through this charge. And then as soon as it was done, scattered left off, and I was just thinking, why wasn't in the cage? We basically had a couple of free range rabbits.
Speaker 1: No, that's not what I'm thinking. What I am thinking is why did you have rabbits as pets.
Speaker 2: I've got no idea. I had rats back in the day. We've had rabbits. It was at a guinea pig.
Speaker 1: Oh my god, wow, is this because you were missing home?
Speaker 2: I don't know. Never again though.
Speaker 1: Thirteen twenty four ten, So Seid our killer toy kavoodle. Yesterday I called her eating some of that silica gel. We had some stuff delivered, like the furniture. You know, those silica Jel packets. And then this morning she chewed through one of Harper's dummies and so she was just dry reaching out the front and I'm like, I can't deal with this. I'm just gonna leve and go to work.
Speaker 2: Yeah that's great, and lucky for you said she's only a tiny dog. She's a big dog. She'ld be in all sorts of outrageous stuff. I'm sure Tank and Tory.
Speaker 1: Yeah, a couple of sausage dogs just looking for trouble. Yeah, what did they.
Speaker 7: Change through damage? They have a thing for underwear that's been worn.
Speaker 2: That's a dog thing.
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's a massive dog thing. Tank also tued through a one hundred and twenty dollars Mac MacBook charger.
Speaker 1: Oh no, that was fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What else?
Speaker 7: Yeah, just random bits of stuff. Oh, a library book. And I thought i'd get away with it. So I borrowed a library book and Tank tewed it like tewed a few pages and I thought, oh, they won't know, So I sent her back and then I got a bloody bill in the thing.
Speaker 1: Say, there's damages to this book?
Speaker 7: He I was one hundred dollars.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what is it?
Speaker 1: Tank? Try and read it? And then went screw it, can't read it, just going to eat it.
Speaker 7: I think he just didn't agree with the content in there, so he went stuff this and ate it. Yeah, right, as he does with most things.
Speaker 1: I mean, twenty four to ten get involved in this this morning? What did your pet ruin?
Speaker 2: My dog used to always eat my homework.
Speaker 1: No, not really, Please don't ever do that again.
Speaker 2: Okay, sorry about that.
Speaker 1: Good morning Annie, Good morning Todi.
Speaker 8: And your pet horse, how did you know any that she was?
Speaker 1: My fearless owner is allowed to stroke his mane every single morning.
Speaker 2: Kill me, gives me a good brush.
Speaker 8: Yes, of course. Well, we had a labytal cross who ate like.
Speaker 4: A third of the backseat of the old Commodore station wagon.
Speaker 8: Oh my god, I hate the whole lot there was. We had to put the kids on a cushion for years.
Speaker 2: Sorry, that seat belongs to the dog now. Yeah, and he won't have any other options.
Speaker 1: That settles the old argument between the kids. Oh I want to sit in the middle. I want to sit that. Well, you've got no choice the dog sitting there. The dogs, thank you, earning. That's going to shane forward to the pet ruin.
Speaker 9: Yeah, not as et as a bat mate. But my little spoodle wake my passport a day before I was going overseas.
Speaker 1: No, what did you do?
Speaker 9: I couldn't do anything, just like postponent to go to another month after. So watch your dog's not stupid. Mat wanted just to stay home, very very clever.
Speaker 1: What's your spoodle's name?
Speaker 9: Molly?
Speaker 5: Molly?
Speaker 1: How did it get access to it? Is the question? Shane?
Speaker 9: What was on top of the suitcase ready to go for in the morning, nearly flight? And meanwhile she said, were you not going?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Shane, dogs know, dogs know when you're going away. The minute our dog sees a suitcase, it goes absolutely Coco.
Speaker 9: Yeah, incontinent normally.
Speaker 2: There with a dog or two. I'll tell you what it was like Indiana who just passed away completely.
Speaker 1: She was so incontinent. But that was a sign that it was time. Wasn't it?
Speaker 2: Anything with oodle in it? This well in possible to get angry at yahpoodle mordle, Yeah, poodle laboddle.
Speaker 1: All the noodles. Thank you, shan't. Let's go to Andrew. What did the pet ruin? Andrew?
Speaker 4: Hey, good morning guys, I've got a puppy dog. And she got into the chicken packet and got the little plastic bit, the sort of absorbent thing at the bottom of the chicken pack and ate that and then did this giant kind of half turd half on our brand new carpet that we'd put in as part of a house renovation. But that wasn't really the main problem. That the issue came that as part of the renovation, we also got one of those robot vacuum cleaner, and we didn't manage to get to the vacuum cleaner and time before it kind of ran over. This horrendous message through it whole giant herd Tornado.
Speaker 2: What an absolute disaster. What about it? I think they're called rumors, those little things, those little auto vacs. What about it? That your roomor for the first time, it's its first job in your new house. Yeah, Andrew, and it's like, whoa.
Speaker 9: We needed a new room for a new.
Speaker 1: Andrew? Was it? It was one of those little silica jel packets. Is that what it was?
Speaker 9: No?
Speaker 4: No, you know when you buy like a packet chicken breast and it's got that absorbent kind of it was big.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that is intense, Andrew. You need to go to the Fringe. After that we're going to give you an epic of fringe pack for you. You can go and see Archbarker, Stephen Ks and the best of you with three mates. Thank you and I'm sorry, I'm so sorry. That's amazing that Robovac had one job to make things better.
Speaker 2: Yeah, still in therapy as well. What about the little hybrid half heard, half vomit? What a combination.
Speaker 1: Next guest is Australia's favorite host of Hard Quiz, Taskmaster and winner of the prestigious goal log you for the most popular person on our Telly. He's the stand up king here for the fringe with his news show gear. He's not afraid to roast anyone or anything. Please Welcome to the studio, Thomas Francis Gleason.
Speaker 2: Tom Gleason, welcome, thank you, thanks for having me on. Welcome back to Adelaide.
Speaker 6: To treat to be here. I'm here for the whole month, doing the whole thing, doing the fringe for four weeks and you have moved in.
Speaker 1: Hey Tom, I'm just gonna I'm going to peel the band aid off. In fact, rip it off, okay, because I have come across an email that has been sent to the Australian Broadcasting Corporation otherwise known as the ABC. Yes, it's a bit of solid feedback about your work on Hard Quez. Are you ready for this?
Speaker 2: All right? Who sent that to you? The ABC? Yes, auntie, okay, just a really wise conservative viewer of the Okay, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 1: It's what they call it leaked email. Oh, okay, you're ready for this. Whenever Gleason's third rate Hard Quiz show is on, Tom Gleeson has never said anything funny in his life. He's funny. There's some inverted commas there. Brand of smutty, rudeness, lowers the civility and politeness of society, anxiety and appeals.
Speaker 6: Only what I'm a third rate show that I'm influencing all of society. Yes, so I can't be third rate and influencing society. That doesn't make sense.
Speaker 1: Not my words, mate, don't get mad at me, okay, civility and politeness of society and appeals only to under educated dimwitson. Oh, the emphasis by canned laughter there is obviously no audience present of what is supposedly humorous illustrates what a basket case the show is. Gleason is just another ABC parasite on the public purse. Who would be better better employed using his height to get this stack shelves in a supermarket? All, don't play, first of all, don't play, first of.
Speaker 6: All using my height to stay shells. There are things called ladders, so they've forgotten that. And the can laughter and no audience they that doesn't make sense. Like in every episode of Hard Quiz, I often talk to the audience, right, and I'll cut to the audience and you'll see footage of them and I'm chatting to them. Okay, So who's the under educated dimwit? This person that wrote this email? They can't even tell whether an audience is present or not. Probably they'll probably come to my sold out show at the Adelaide Fringe and go, oh, it's an empty venue. Who are these people surrounding you enjoying themselves? They are under educated dimwitz and I love them.
Speaker 1: Can I ask that anything? This is use the word gentlemen very loosely here, But does that ever cut to the bone or are you so impervious to feedback that's negative feed.
Speaker 6: It's Hard Quizz's been the highest rating show on the ABC for five years. It's won five awards. That email means jack to me. It really does. But I mean, I love hearing. I love the confidence with which someone writes that, Yeah, like it's going to like they've watched the show and thought, oh, this will get to him. I mean, nothing gets to me. That's the whole point of the show, I know. But having said that, turn up to my live show. Yeah, and you can hackle. Yeah, you may get to me.
Speaker 2: You never know.
Speaker 6: You might just find that little chink in my armor and upset me and I'll retire.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I made Tom Gleason cry on stage. No you didn't.
Speaker 2: A bug must have flown into his eyeble real time. There is probably one thing we need to tell you this. There's one opportunity for Jody to go actually see a show. Oh she does know I'm about to say this, but she's weighing up. She's got some options.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't have thought that you would say this more. Tom Gleason was in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, do you go see Tom Gleason live fantastic show or do you play the last game of the year for Social Netborn That is the Adelaide Wildcats, be three who are going to play finals. By the way, okay, I play over forties. Potentially you're doing.
Speaker 1: It's genuinely not over. It's open to everyone. I'll play with twenty year olds.
Speaker 2: What time's the game? Is there any twenty year olds?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: The game is at about eight thirty eight thirty.
Speaker 6: Yeah, okay, Well, my show's on at six fifty every night, so it finishes at seven fifty on the duck. Because I'm a professional, so you've got plenty of time to watch the show, maybe do a few stretches during it, and then you go straight from the show to your game.
Speaker 2: You go happy days.
Speaker 1: Do you want me to come dressed in my uniforms?
Speaker 6: Well, look that sounds like a fetish now, yes, yes, I do front row place, Yes crying, Yeah that actually that will really throw me.
Speaker 1: He is a woman who is past her forties, someone.
Speaker 6: Who's around my age dressed in something that looks kind of like a school uniform will really throw me off. I'll be like Chrissy Amphlet's in anyway, that's a reference. No one's going to get what I get it because I'm old enough to Okay, I know.
Speaker 2: But I'm thinking about your audience. It's an over.
Speaker 6: How good's TikTok, I love. I'm just trying to fit in. I'm forty nine. Bloody hell, it's not easy.
Speaker 2: Just Tommy love you love your show as well, does so well each and every year. Get some tickets from Adelaide Fringe dot Com. Dotte you it's called gear and we love that to hear and thank you.
Speaker 1: Just during the last five minutes of your set on a Tuesday. If you see you see a woman sprinting out in the worldcats you you.
Speaker 6: Know that's me.
Speaker 1: I've got to get there.
Speaker 6: Don't tear attendant. Make sure you're stretched.
Speaker 1: Here's what you're waking up to Adelaide News Today. Serious, Bruce, even ath just yet, you're okay, all right, David, it's okay, hanging there.
Speaker 2: What are we're talking?
Speaker 1: Don't you look horrified?
Speaker 6: Mate?
Speaker 1: You started you started it.
Speaker 7: We're so mean to each other and I love it.
Speaker 1: All right. What we got on in the news apps okay, So.
Speaker 7: We're going to talk about the Gayser Football Club essentially. If you remember last week or the week before, we were talking about how the football club had been done for serious breaches of the salary cap for between twenty eighteen and twenty twenty two, so over two hundred breaches of the salary cap. Essentially, what's happened is the Independent Salary Cap Commissioner has handed down the recommended penalties for the club overnight. They include a fine of one hundred and eighty six thousand dollars and the loss of six premiership points. Now, obviously we know as a small club this would just completely decimate them. Yea, So we're waiting to see whether the fines and sanctions will actually be will actually be put to them. So yes, it's a bit of a wait and see, but that's what they're facing at the moment.
Speaker 1: Just quickly googling to see how many premierships they won in that time where they were allegedly well they've been I'm guilty of breaching this salary cap and I can't read this statue, so whatever, let's move on.
Speaker 2: So just just to make a little bit of a comment on that. To be able to govern what every football club is doing, and I'm talking about every football club outside of the AFL, it's really really hard. So if you're hearing this for the first time and you're like, well, gays are cheating, well no, it's I'm not trying to stitch anyone up here, but I'll tell you what, for a team, any team in any competition in Australia, let alone South Australia, that's one hundred percent going by the rules, right, because you've got to do it to survive.
Speaker 7: I think you mentioned, yeah, that you'd be hard pressed not to find a club who hasn't been in breach of salary cap.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 7: Possibly.
Speaker 2: So now I've got every single club outside of the AFL Australia against me. Yeah, that's not what I'm trying to do.
Speaker 1: That's cool.
Speaker 2: I'm just trying to say that it's hard to keep up with the competition basically when there's a lot of stuff going on that we don't know about it.
Speaker 1: And remarkably you've managed to achieve that here on over and not yet. So that's amazing.
Speaker 2: I've done digging so many boxes.
Speaker 7: Speaking of footy, though, you've got something else for us, hazy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, let's talk about Joel Smith from the Melbourne Football Clubs. So, I mean he was initially in this stage hoping for a three months of ban for a positive urine sample which is collective. When the Demons defeated Hawthorne by twenty seven points in a round twenty three tested positive to cocaine, which's a tea what apps. It's since taken a very very aggressive turn since then, going about three months, getting reduced from four to two to three months. He's now been researched by all these sports governments and governing bodies and potentially he now gets done for trafficking.
Speaker 7: Yeah, Sport Integrity Australia have come out and basically said they're investigating trafficking or attempted trafficking. But essentially that means he was trying to offer whatever he had on him to his teammates, so not trafficking in the normal sense.
Speaker 2: He is my vibe, so basically possession. And also maybe you would say in the situation like this sharing with teammates, they've done a probe that they've found all sorts of tech, it's incriminating texts to teammates, et cetera. So this went from a really nasty band to I mean, who knows what he gets.
Speaker 1: From at least drug trafficking jail term.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they're saying as well. I mean what happens when does it go from outside of sport into something else, and then obviously the start claiming recreational use all those types.
Speaker 7: Of things, because the police could also step in then and do their own investigations, which I means when the criminal criminal side comes into it.
Speaker 1: I definitely don't want to put you on the spot here, But is cocaine an issue in the AFL Because I've had I won't put you on the spot. I don't want to back you into a corner. But I've heard that it's preferable I guess to alcohol in the sense that you can get up on a Sunday morning and go and train, and you don't smell like alcohol, and you can master the effects a lot better with this drug than perhaps you can do with having a big nine in the boost.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah, I would have a clue, absolutely.
Speaker 1: Yeah, But it's it's a very interesting one, isn't it. Yeah, But do something lighter and that is maths. So last night straight up? Yeah, yeah, let's really straighten up Ridge, as in Ridge from The Bold the Beautiful got married last night to Jade, and his choice of words as she was walking down the aisle were beyond questionable. Let's have a listen, came, I'm a bit nurse.
Speaker 5: About if I'm going to be attracted to her or not. It needs to be attracted to her because at the end of the day, I'm not going to get hard for a personality. So I've tried, it doesn't work. That's the number one in my head. I'm not much a religious man, but I'll be prayed.
Speaker 2: Okay, I'm just thinking that for the first time, I'm pretty sure I'm not going to get something for a personality.
Speaker 1: Is that.
Speaker 2: We said, yeah, wow, yeah, way to make the entire nation not thinking.
Speaker 1: A good guy despise you, despise you. And then he was like he basically produces. Oh. We were saying that, like all his mates were chanting like deuce, deuce, as if she's decent.
Speaker 7: He in the middle of the vows turned to the boys and said, boys, can I get a d.
Speaker 1: Just like that?
Speaker 7: But this is he's twenty seven, Like, I'm sorry, you should know better ready, but you were not ready for marriage and all the rest of it at twenty seven. I think back to when I was twenty seven, did not have my life together.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but it's always a bloke just reducing a woman to what she looks like.
Speaker 7: That's the other thing.
Speaker 1: Oh, can I get a d D for you know what, Arah d Head? You know what I'm saying.
Speaker 7: I think he said, Oh, I'm looking for nice eyes, nice smile and a decent rig And then he said, oh, sorry, a tidy rig. I think he's what he said.
Speaker 1: Yeah, wow, yeah, God does the mother of four girls avoid men like that at all? Goss, this is all women turning to being lesbians. We said this yesterday.
Speaker 2: There you go, Yeah, fourteen minutes past six. That is your post snooze news. Coming up next, Joe's is going to drop the first question for the six to fifteen Vennie Machine quiz Can I go to a zooze? This clean sacked for eating leftover tune a sandwich. She's taken legal action. Makes you sick to your stomach, doesn't it so clean? And the UK is going to get the lawyers in voled after she was fired for eating a leftover sandwich from a discarded platter. Her name's Gabriella Rodriguez. She's from Ecuador. She was basically been for two years cleaning the officers of all these fancy lawyers and she was sacked just before Christmas for taking client property without authority or reasonable excuse. It's now going to hit the courts, which is a bit of an inception thing for the law firm itself. But hopefully she wins, and hopefully she gets a lot of money because I am firmly on her side.
Speaker 4: Are you?
Speaker 2: Absolutely?
Speaker 3: So?
Speaker 1: If someone has a meeting in the boardroom at work there's a plate of sandwich, is no one ever ever cleans off that plate ever? And then they park it in the kitchen for everyone else to have the leftovers? Do you partake?
Speaker 2: I'll do some research as to whose fingers have been on the sandwich. Oh okay, but for the most part, yes, absolutely, do you?
Speaker 8: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Absolutely, And I've got an example of as well. And I reckon. I've told you this before, and the judgment back then was quite fierce. And let's hopefully you've calmed down in this space since I remember being at Enzo's and sure we'd have two or three beers.
Speaker 1: She was three. You sound like my husband. I just had a couple. A couple is anywhere from two to fourteen. So where on the scale did that fit?
Speaker 2: Okay, what's the next bracket? It was only just a couple of beers, because, as you know, Enzo's do fantastic pizzas, Yes, very expensive, very expensive, But if you want a solid, good pizza experience, you go to Enso's. So I remember turning up there and there was a full pizza sitting on the bar with one piece missing. Okay, And through much discussion with my colleagues, including the great Bruce Avenue I think, and also the bar staff around who gave us a solid description of that person who had the pizza, we all decided that, yeah, we're going to eat that pizza. It was almost cold.
Speaker 1: If you'd let that go to waste, well, I don't know. I'm not sure about eating other people's food after they're done with it.
Speaker 2: Well, what if you know that they're a normal clean paper?
Speaker 8: How do you know that?
Speaker 2: Though? Because you asked the bar stuff.
Speaker 1: These are the same people that put nuts on the bar day in, day out.
Speaker 2: They don't do not touch those nuts on bars, because you know exactly where they've been. Things have been in there, They should have been washed, bet on the bathroom, all sorts of things. But for a pizza, okay, And even if you were as far as going it's a full pizza with one slice gone, Even if you took out the two slices, next next to slice.
Speaker 1: That's what I do.
Speaker 2: And it went from there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think that's okay.
Speaker 2: So you might actually do it. So you definitely food from strangers.
Speaker 1: No, that is not what I'm saying. The only time I'm tempted in this space is almost I'm an absolute sucker for a hot chip, just a couple. And so you know sometimes when you see, like maybe at the footy, when a couple of chips fall under the bench and you've seen it unfolded in real time and you go, that chip has gone from the fire to that bucket and it's fallen on the bench, That's when I'm tempted.
Speaker 2: Okay, just no, no, no, yeah, And as you know, with your mean our relationship, it's the biggest dick that I have. Yes, possible as you just trying to steal my food constantly, sometimes before I've even created it. Yeah, sometimes as it's going into my mouth. Yep, you're like that parrot just sort of sweeps in gone like a dog, jumping up and writing a pringle out of my hand every single time, just before it's going.
Speaker 1: To Okay, I will say guilty as charge. However, did you just compare me to a dog.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, those little cho hours, That's what I'm saying as well. Right, I can picture it right now as well, with all the troubles that we've got. My last breath, my last breath, my last meal would be what's going to be be some chips. I'd be sitting there trying to join my chips as my last meal.
Speaker 1: Can I just have a little nibble it?
Speaker 2: And I must rub all of my energy?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 9: Quite what the.
Speaker 8: Fork?
Speaker 1: These are these little things that you see every single day and you go, what the fork is going on there? Let's do the concert edition this morning, shall we? What about this? A pregnant Swifty started experiencing contractions during the three hour show, but decided, you know what, I'm going to stick this puppy out until the very last song.
Speaker 2: But the baby that was inside was like I want to see Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, And I don't know what the last song that she sang was it. I don't know love story, I don't know what was it produce em I think it was Karma, Karma, Karma is my boyfriend. Yeah, that baby's like, nah, I'll just hang out in here until she sings Karma and then off for the hospital, will go and I'll come earthside.
Speaker 2: Then yeah, labor can sometimes these babies know no timing. This sense of time is just all I know.
Speaker 1: And that poor woman's probably spent a fortune on tickets, was looking forward to it for months and months and months, And can you imagine halfway through the corst being like, oh no, oh no, it's happening now.
Speaker 2: And what if you seting next to her and you're just looking at me like, is she going into laby? You just be sitting there looking at her, going what for?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yep. To be fair to Neil, Smith was thirty nine weeks and five days pregnant on the Saturday when she headed out to the MCG for her for the Eras Tour show, and she posted online she was like, thirty nine plus five we made it to Taylor Swift, but then started having what she thought were Braxton Hicks and then went oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no, this is the real deal.
Speaker 2: So it wasn't a totally shocking situation for her thirty.
Speaker 1: Nine weeks and five days, Absolutely not. It would have been more shocking if she didn't go into labor at that point unbelievable stuff. So let's do this this morning, thirteen, twenty fourteen. What did you see at the concert?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's that urrageous things that you've seen. I'll kick it off if you don't mind.
Speaker 1: Oh God, here we go.
Speaker 2: Let me take you back to I Reckon. It was two thousand and two. We're in Sydney. We're out at Home Bush and we're watching the one and only fifty Cent, who was there to support Obi Trice. It's better say Abi Trice isn't going to too much after that, fifty Cent was excellent. But then late in the gig, Yeah, one of my mates got absolutely rolled. What do you mean he got robbed?
Speaker 1: Wow?
Speaker 2: I came up and they had or they said that they had a knife, and give me a wallet. So he gave him his weal. I think there was like fifteen bucks in there, and it wasn't even a good wallet. Hee, go for it.
Speaker 1: Take it. You can have my rip curl wallet's fine. Yeah, I don't even care. Be doesn't work anymore.
Speaker 2: It's all pray grows useless. And I saw that because I pretended I didn't see it, but I just sort of watched the corner of my eye. What am I going to do? The guys like, I got a knife? What do you mean young too? I don't know the ninja skills I know now. I'll tell you what if I go back in.
Speaker 1: Time, I tell you what. Though, You've just pretended that your mate wasn't getting robbed, and you've just like continued to rock out to Obi Trice.
Speaker 2: He came back, what's just happening? So I just got rob Oh.
Speaker 1: Okay, you're like, oh, we'll just have mate. I didn't even see anything.
Speaker 2: How many people got all that night watching fifty cent?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's true. He brings the gangster vibes though, doesn't he? Yeah?
Speaker 2: He really, And there was definitely a gangster vibe. You should have seen it. That home bush completely filled up and there was this weird smell in the air, so weird. I never smelled it before.
Speaker 1: Was it like it like did it smell like pine or like a tree smell?
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a tree burning, but also like with hair mixed into it as well. It's definitely I never experienced it before. It was crazy.
Speaker 1: I don't know. I don't know what that was thirteen twenty four to ten. If you've got no I'm just joking. What did you see at the concert with the fork the concert edition. Let's go to Ellen pay Ellen.
Speaker 8: Hi, guys, good morning.
Speaker 1: Good morning. What do you see at the concert.
Speaker 8: So we went to the Tailor Swift concert on Friday night, which was amazing, and one of the guys they're watching is full. Just the tumble down the stairs. He must have been a little intoxicated, but Full rolled down the stairs, kicked one poor girl in the head and landed on my ankle.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there he goes.
Speaker 1: Ah ah, Ellen, was this before the concert or after?
Speaker 8: No, this is during the contoli with pit Black. We all had to put our porches on so this poor guy could get up. He just gets up as if nothing's happened, gone back to his seat. It was another drink.
Speaker 2: That's what you do as well, You pretend like nothing happened. He's got a compound fracture. Yeah, and he still just just walks it off.
Speaker 1: The only thing that can make this story better is if he sort of held fell and held his beer and didn't spill it.
Speaker 8: No drink in hand, unfortunately, but that would have been worth capturing on video for Core.
Speaker 1: Wow, we're going back into on this daisy in time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we welcome to Whacky Wednesday. You're on this Daisy version twenty first of February. Joe, Let's go back to nineteen o seven. Bondi Surf Baya's Life Saving Club was established in Bondi and Sydney. It's the oldest active surf life saving club in the world.
Speaker 1: It's interesting, isn't it.
Speaker 2: As far as I know you're, not a single wang has ever praised around Bondai. I don't think they exist. I reckon they've ever gone there me either. I don't know much about what happens in Sydney, but I can just assume that that doesn't happen.
Speaker 1: No, is that the one with the pool with ocean washes over the pool?
Speaker 2: Is it in a icebergs?
Speaker 1: Icebergs?
Speaker 9: Yes?
Speaker 1: No, no, no, never, I've never seen any.
Speaker 2: Twenty twelve the most tosses of a pancake and one that was achieved by Australian Brad Jolly. You managed an astounding one hundred and forty tosses at Martin Place in Sydney.
Speaker 1: Which coincidentally is how many tosses you'll see at Icebergs You're on weekend, one hundred forty.
Speaker 2: Twenty twenty one. Novak Djokovic one is ninth Australian Open tennis title in Melbourne. He is now since one ten. I don't think we love Novak as much as we should.
Speaker 1: We probably don't give him as much credit as we should. I think it was the whole vaccination thing that everyone went, I'm not sure about you.
Speaker 2: But also there was this moment where he was doing personations of everyone and there was like, oh, this guy's quite funny. And then there's a couple of times we just absolutely blew up. Yeah, and he might have blown up at some umpires and ball kids and all sorts of things like WHOA, what's really going on? Noback? Who are you?
Speaker 4: No mind?
Speaker 2: Saw him in Februar twenty first and two thousand, Pure Shores by All Saints, which reminds me of the movie The Beach, Yes.
Speaker 1: Where they're on the island and you know, things went pershapp didn't they.
Speaker 2: Yeah, all sorts of shenannigans.
Speaker 1: It looked idyllic, but more damn, it wasn't that strong strong