Speaker 1: On scor lids Ostrodia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wader Panalty Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the readA Panety Show. Coming up tonight, the debt riddled Victorian government imposes another crippling tax on propertyholders dan while we'll be here to discuss the day's top headlines, including the impact of the Albanza government's plan tax on unrealized games. Josh Hammer will join me with the latest from the US, including the curious timing of Joe Biden's cancer diagnosis, and later in the hour Kins's Scofield we'll be here with celebrity and world news, including Megan Markle's popularity pummitting to a new low. And we never forget Left is losing it tonight, the race obsessed Left object to a few dozen Afrikaners being granted asylum in America.
Speaker 4: We can't be ourselves in the Episcopal Church and take the step of resettling white Africaners from stuf North Africa. Our church has a long commitment to racial justice and reconciliation.
Speaker 3: But First Liberal leader Susan Lees under mounting pressure to drop the net zero policy negotiated by Scott Morrison with the Nationals in twenty twenty one as the party seeks to forge a new path forward. The Australian newspaper revealing today that both the Liberal and National Party rooms are divided over their commitments to net zero and energy policies. Joining me now for more on this is Deputy Executive Director of the Institute of Public Affairs, Dan Wild. Dan. The Coalition adopted net zero in twenty twenty one and since then they've suffered two devastating election losses. Do you see a link between those two events?
Speaker 5: Yeah, net zero is a vote loser. Time to try something different. You know, you and I have discussed the many and varied economic and social consequences of net zero to Australia talking about the Liberal Party. Though obviously net zero is inconsistent with Liberal values. It enables a massive expansion to government bureaucracy to interfere in almost every single aspect of our lives, whether it's the food we can eat, the cars we can drive, the houses we can live in, the kind of industries that we can have in our economy. So it's inconsistent with any ethos of smaller government. It's also a threat to our national sovereignty because it requires us to import foreign technology, including from China, into Australia, and it's also a massive tax on working Australians when you look at how energy bills are going up and the cost of living is going up, which is primarily driven by energy costs. So on any account, of course, the Liberal Party should be dumping net zero.
Speaker 3: You're a candidate at the recent election in a safe labor seed. Did you, as a Liberal candidate have any input into any policy into the net zero position?
Speaker 5: Not at a central level, reader, I mean, I advocated the cause on the ground. But you know one thing I can tell you, particularly in out of suburban electorates such as the one I stood for, is that not one single person came up to me and asked me how is Australia going in meeting our nationally determined contribution to cutor additions to net zero by twenty fifty under the Paris Climate Agreement. Funnily enough, that wasn't raised even once Rita. It might be hard to believe, but you know, Australians are just over the climate fanaticism and one a government which is focused on the bottom line, not on bureaucrats in Brussels.
Speaker 3: I just can't understand the coalition sticking with this policy. I said it all throughout this year during the election campaign. The last time they fought an election on this issue, they won the unwinnable election back in twenty nineteen, and they signed up to zero devastating loss. Devastating loss again. And you can't fight about issues like cost of living when you signed up to this madness, because it impacts every facet of life, from businesses to households to large scale manufacturing sector. It is absolutely crippling for us. But let's move on to the Abanazy government's tax on unrealized gains on superannuation funds in excess of three million dollars. It will come into effect July one. It's expected to pass both the Lower House and the Senate with ease, given the Greens have the balance of power in the upper house and the Liberals really fail to explain why this tax is so so unfair, so grossly unfair. And it doesn't just impact the reach, it also has a massive impact on investment, a negative impact on the investment. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I think there's a couple of things. You know, as with any kind of new tax, it's actually often the rich that can avoid at the best because they have the resources told to their investment portfolios to minimize the impact of tax. Actually those are the middle that tend to copy it. The other point is this will damage self you know, the sm self run super funds, and it will channel more money into industry super funds, and which is obviously a benefit to labor and the unions, given that those super funds are run by unions. I think the other point reader is this tax is incredibly opaque. It's not really clear how it will be administered. And one of the fundamental principles of taxation is you need to actually know how much tax you're liable for. So you know, you earn an income, you've got to pay income tax, you buy something from the shops, you pay GST, you own a business, you pay payroll tax. That we can debate the sites and the magnitude of those taxes, but at least they're obvious in terms of how much you have to pay. But this tax is very opaque, so I don't even know if the treasure himself can explain how this is going to be enforced or how much packs The typical investor is actually going to pay.
Speaker 3: Well, it's going to impact as many as one point eight million Australians, could spread to other income levels and other structures. It's one that would think we have to keep talking about. But now to the Victorian state budget, and despite the net debt soaring towards two hundred billion, premierges Into Allen and Treasurer Jacelin Simes are hailing a six hundred million dollar surplus stand This is nine hundred million dollars lower than what was forecast last year. They are hailing this as the state's first back in black budget since the pandemic. But really, who are they fooling here? Victoria is in dire financial straits and we're facing a credit downgrade Dan. The state's credit rating is already at a record low and it could fall further.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I don't think that the claim surplus is worth the paper it's written on, because we know that tens of billions of dollars, particularly in the infrastructure investments, have been shuffled off the books. They're done through other vehicles that aren't accounted for in the normal The headline figures that we see written up in the media and propagated by the government. So you've got the massive suburban railroop, which is unpopular, unnecessary and is unaffordable, and many other costs that aren't included in this. So look, I think that ultimately everybody knows that Victoria is going downhill when it comes to its finances and economy. This is no longer abstract. We're seeing cuts to funding of schools, potential cuts to health and other services of.
Speaker 3: Victorians rely upon.
Speaker 5: And of course if Victoria goes down, it will bring the rest of the country with it. We already know that it's getting a larger distribution of the GST to compensate for the Victorian government's financial mismanagement. And at the end of the day, it's going to be everybody else in this country that will have to bail out the failing state that is Victoria.
Speaker 3: Now. CFE volunteers across Victoria have stopped attending callouts and some have threatened to quit. Some have even burned their uniforms in fury over the state government's new emergency services tax. This tax replaces the fire services levy, will be raising more money and it will be changed alongside council rates. And while all landholders in Victoria are going to be paying for this. It's farmers in particular who are facing massive increases, possibly tens of thousands of dollars, and a lot of farmers volunteer for the CFA. DAN, you can understand why they're so upset.
Speaker 5: Yeah, this is an absolute disgrace. It's being done primarily because the volunteers in the CFA are not unionized, so they want to government wants to shove out the volunteers and bring them under a union rubric. So this is a disgraceful attack on a critical volunteering organization being done for political purposes. It heightens the risk of risk to human life in the event of a bushfire because Victorians rely upon the services of volunteers, and I think it's an example of just how short sighted the government is when they're attacking the very people they're engaging in a community surface that is so valuable. So I think there's a lot to be worried about in the direction of this. But unfortunately, as we just discussed, because the government is so cash strapped, they're going to be looking to tax absolutely everything that moves. Well.
Speaker 3: We are saying that in Victoria in particular, they are absolutely hooked on property taxes in particular, whether it's land tax, stamp duties and now we've got emergency services tax Stan. It really is again a disincentive to invest in Victoria. Why would you invest in this state where you're going to be absolutely crippled with taxes, particularly if you're a mum and dad a landholder.
Speaker 5: Well that's right, and I think it's also cautionary tale for the rest of Australia, which is, you know, this is what happens when you don't get your financial house in order. I think for a lot of people, massive government debt it's a pretty abstract concept. It doesn't appear to affect their day to day lives. But what actually happens is you get reduction to services and higher taxes. And yes they'll start at the top end. They say, oh we're any taxing property investors. That won't affect people on the ground. But then salami slice after salami slice, it gets worse and worse until you find the economy is plunged into a very deep recession, which is where I fear Victoria is going.
Speaker 3: Now before you go, you are in South Australia, I'm interested in your take on the latest development in the Willie Rioli saga. He's served a one match suspension for threatening a player via a teammate online. But Dan was seeing many in the AFL world, and in particular at Port Adelaide, trying to frame Willioli as the victim. Now Port Adelaide president David Kosh even suggested that he was the victim of culturally insensitive comments from the Bulldog, something the Bulldog's coach was not going to cop.
Speaker 7: As a matter of fact, that the comments weren't culturally in sensitive. That surprised me that he would insinuate or accuse our pliers of going down that track. But we won't ask for an apology.
Speaker 1: We'll just.
Speaker 7: Obviously remember it for the next time.
Speaker 3: Dan Luke Befridge made some good points. They also made the excellent point that port is effectively enabling Rioli's poor behavior with these endless excuses.
Speaker 6: Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: I think your article a couple of days ago summed it up, which is another exam example of the hypocritical double standards of the AFL. You know, I thought the AFL W stood for AFL Women's It turns out it stands for AFL woke. You know, time and time again we see this sort of double standard apply to identity politics. You know, you could take the example of tex Walker and another great South Australian footballer who you know a little while ago, was rubbed out for a number of games and had to pay a massive fine because of alleged racial comments that he made that I don't believe we're ever recorded anywhere, and maybe he made them, maybe he didn't, but you know, how come that gets one treatment and you know, this situation with Rioli gets another one. I mean, you also make the point about Port coach Hinckley who got a massive fine for you know, something that was pretty innocuous, and again we see the double standard. So I just think the football fans had a gut full of this double standard that applies to the AFL, and if the rules are there, they should be applied to everybody on an equal basis.
Speaker 3: Yes, they're very selective about how they apply their rules and a lot of people presumed there was some racial aspect to why they were initially so soft on Willie Rioli. They find the coach, they're twenty thousand dollars for something that wasn't offensive or threatening. It may have not been a good look. They find players thousands for giving the finger, but a player making a threat and basically getting away with an apology Initially, that did raise a lot of eyebrows. Dan Wild, thank you so much for your time tonight. Joining me now is esteem geologist and author Professor Ian Primary inlets start in the US, where engineers have discovered kill switches embedded in Chinese manufactured power inverters installed at American solar farms, prompting fears that the Chinese Communist Party could physically destroy grids across the US, UK and other parts of U We're by remotely switching off the power supply. Are we shocked by this development? This is precisely what you've been warning about as a possibility.
Speaker 6: No, not at all shocked. It's been on the cards for a very very long time. And it could be a Chinese solar industrial complex. It could be a wind turbine, it could be a Chinese car, it could be Huiwei telecommunications network. We've known that this possibility existed for a very long period of time. It's fairly easy to do, and it's just a method of industrial chaos. Is trying to weaken your opposition, so there are no surprises.
Speaker 3: Can we trust the Chinese Communist Party not to resort to these sort of tactics at some point?
Speaker 6: I don't think you can trust any Communists, whether it be Chinese or Russian or East German, that goes with the territory.
Speaker 3: Well, and we already know when it comes to trade, with this latest tariff war we're having, that they do not play by the rules, They steal intellectual property, they do all sorts of things that are just grossly unfair. And this is just another aspect of that. And we are so reliant on them for this infrastructure, aren't we. When we look at renewables, China's really the greatest beneficiary.
Speaker 6: Well, there's a simple solution to that. Don't go net zero, don't go renewables.
Speaker 3: Go back to.
Speaker 6: Cheap, reliable coal fired electricity. We had it for a long time.
Speaker 3: Typed China users reduce these solar Yes, that's exactly what happens.
Speaker 6: China buys our coal and then produce the solar panels and wind turbines and other machinery to compete against our industries. So they get it both ways, and we copy it in the eyes both ways, So this is absolute manner. So the solution is simple, go back to cheap, reliable coal fired electricity in this state, Victoria, it was the cheapest in the world with the brown coal that we had here. Now it isn't no.
Speaker 3: And it's amongst the most expensive you would say, our energy prices. Now, what is your assessment of the newly appointed Environment Minister Murray Wat. He's promising to deliver a decision on the Northwest Shelf gas project by the end of the month. Will he be an improvement on his predecessor, Tannia Plibasek. Of course, she infamously blocked a number of major projects that would have raised significant tax revenue created a multitude of well paying jobs in regional areas. Can we expect better from Murray Wat?
Speaker 6: Well, I don't know. He didn't shine in his previous portfolio and it's not hard to outshine Tanya Plebasek. So he's only going to be fairly dull and not very reflective and he'll do better. It's very very clear that there was an internal fight going on in the Labor Party and Tanya Plebersek was driving this to make life very difficult for the Prime Minister. She's lost at portfolio. Maybe the labor government might think that having a productive economy, an economy that actually creates wealth, an economy that actually has organizations and people pay tax, maybe that's best for the country rather than playing ideological factional games.
Speaker 3: Now to an issue that is getting scant media coverage, and that's the drought that has left parts of Victoria in severe distress. Parts of the state have had really no rainfall for two years. There is some relief, but many farmers are missing out.
Speaker 8: Duncan Barber's farm at Metcalf is one of those that missed out. It's been pretty hard to deal with seeing all that death. You've got to deal with death neely every day. He feels forgotten by the government. I know they've got no money because poor management, and they're not going to That's why they don't want to help us.
Speaker 4: There's a nationally recognized framework that brings areas into the drought declaration.
Speaker 3: It's hard not to think that the state government here has just great disdain for farmers. For regional areas, there is a great deal of suffering out there at an anger.
Speaker 6: Well, that's the case. Farmers get the short straw country wide. They suffer drought, they suffer floods, they suffer bush fires. This droughts not only restricted to southwestern Victoria, southeastern South Australia as well. Yet northeastern Victoria is quite wet, so these are localized droughts. These have a dramatic effect on the cash flow of farmers. Farmers get treated with absolute disdain in this country. You've only got to see how they're treated with putting high voltage power lines across their land, sterilizing their land, or putting wind turbines proximal to their properties. So we actually should be treating our farmers much better. Now. If the farmers had really you got sick of this, they actually could go and strike like our union friends, and they would not deliver food to the cities and every one week before we'd have absolute chaos and possible anarchy in the cities. So the farmers have a huge amount of muscle, and we have to be careful to treat farmers as people who are actually providing a great service and that is food on your table.
Speaker 3: I think there's going to be some protests in the Melbourne CBD tomorrow morning, so we'll bring you news of that tomorrow. Now, before you go the new Greens leader, Larissa Waters, I'm interested in your take on her. It doesn't look like she's going to be returning the Greens to their environmentalist roots. She's all about social justice.
Speaker 9: We're the Greens, so of course we stand firm always on social justice and human rights, whether that's First Nations justice, whether that's a free Palestine, whether that's peace and human rights.
Speaker 3: Globally, we will always.
Speaker 9: Be there calling out atrocities, calling out a genocide and standing strongly on social justice and human rights.
Speaker 3: Is it more of the same, Well, I think it's more of the same.
Speaker 6: I mean, a Green Party really should be concerned about environmental matters, and they are not. They are supportive of bulldozing large amounts of rainforest in Queensland to put in wind turbines. They're supportive of bulldozing large amounts of forest and the snowy mountains to put in high voltage power lines. And these people are basically concerned about issues which communists around the world are concerned. So they've got nothing to do with the environment. And if they were an environmental party, they wouldn't be killing the forests. They wouldn't be killing birds and bats with turbine blades. They wouldn't be killing whales with offshore turbines. They wouldn't be poisoning soils with wind blades and with detritus coming off solar panels. They're not a Greens party at all. They are a minor group of rat bag communists who want to control everything in the country.
Speaker 3: Professor in Plymouth, thank you for those insights. Still to Kalma left his Losing ed class the latest from the US, including the curious timing of Joe Biden's cancer diagnosis. Josh Hammer has the details. You're watching the Reader Panny Show, and it's time for lefties losing it. Let's start with another celebrity who is determined to trash their own reputation. This one appears to have no qualms about his legacy being damaged with his ignorant, hair brained hate and vitriol. Here is Bruce Springsteen launching into a boring anti Trump die tribe to an audience who would rather he just sang some of his classic songs.
Speaker 10: They're removing residents of American streets out due process of law, are devoting them to foreign detention.
Speaker 3: Centers and prisoners. This is all happening now.
Speaker 10: The majority of our elected representatives have failed to protect the American people from the abuses of an unfit president.
Speaker 3: And a rural He wasn't done yet, though the audience seemed to be thoroughly fit up. You can tell that by the scant applause.
Speaker 10: The America of that I've sung to you about for fifty years is real.
Speaker 3: And regardless of its face, it's a.
Speaker 10: Great country with a great to will survive this morning.
Speaker 3: Look, we can't talk about Bruce Springstey without featuring his great work during the election campaign, where he appeared at Kamala rallies to built out the classics.
Speaker 11: You'll be carming you about right, See, you gotta stay hungry.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm just about starving the night. Oh dear.
Speaker 4: Little world falling apart.
Speaker 10: This gun's for higher.
Speaker 11: Even if we just dancing in the girl.
Speaker 3: Now, trust me, that was literally the best bit. I could have been mean and played this, working on.
Speaker 11: Dad's grin, driving all like cheez and some rush.
Speaker 3: That is green. But at least old Bruce is short footed. Sure he can't sing anymore, but he can dance. I'll have more celebrities disgracing themselves tomorrow and I but now to the left losing it because the Trump administration is granting refugee status to a few dozen Africanas. Of course, white landholders are increasingly fleeing the racial hatred and violence of modern day South Africa. But MSNBC would prefer them to stay where they are. Here is Donna Edwards.
Speaker 12: Well.
Speaker 1: In my view, what makes it different is that they are white South Africans. The President, in my view, has not hidden his racism behind a bushel. In fact, you know in his policies, whether it's removing government workers or in this case admitting white South Africans, of denying refugee status asylum seekers from other countries disgraceful.
Speaker 3: And the race spaces are in the churches too. Here is Bishop Chnroe.
Speaker 4: We can't be ourselves in the Episcopal Church and take the step of resettling white africaners from South Africa. Our church has a long commitment to racial justice and reconciliation and we have historic ties with the Anglican Church of South Africa. Desmond Tutu is a part of a partner and a partner in this work for us. We're just not able to take this staff. It's not in line with anything that we're about.
Speaker 3: And let's have a quick look at what's happening in South Africa. Here is a politician calling for white women, white children, and even their pets to be killed. And here is a politician leading a stadium full of people calling for and I quote, shoot to kill, kill the boer, kill the farmer. But MSNBC and CNN and the rest of them must have missed all that. If you want to see how loathsome and intolerant these leftists are, then look no further than Ashley Allison, who firstly seems to be quite happy with the discriminatory laws in South Africa, and then she really ramps up the bigotry.
Speaker 13: That allowed for a racial reconciliation, one that this country has yet to do. But South Africa did it and they reformed their constitution. And part of that is that the people who are native to that land deserve their rightful land back. That is not what the Afrikaaners actually want to have happened, which are the white Africans and so who are not originally from Africa who colonize South Africa also, and so that is what they are saying is discrimination. Now, if the constitution in South Africa is discriminatory, they have their checks and balances in that land just like we do, and that is for them to So if the Afrikaaners don't actually like the land, they can leave that country they are. They can actually even go to where their native land is, which is probably Germany.
Speaker 3: Are you against in coming here, Holland, Holland? Are you against in coming here?
Speaker 13: I'm against the hypocrisy of this in MINUSESO, let's get the question. The questions are against coming here if there was actually a genocide happening.
Speaker 3: So Afrikanas being murdered in their own farms should flee to where they came from almost five hundred years ago, the Dutch settlers the Afrikaanas first arrived in Africa or in sixteen fifty too. But they need to go back to Holland. But some gangbanger from El Salvador who was in America five minutes and entered illegally, Well, they've got to be considered American and given all their rights. Let's allow Ashley Allison to finish her as nine point.
Speaker 13: I'm not opposed to Venezueland and South America's coming to America, if they are fleeing and looking for asylum, what I am against. It's not about being against them. What I am against is that they are being given special treatment when there is not a genocide happening in South Africa and they just don't like the law of the land.
Speaker 3: Well you know what, Yes, they don't like the law of the land in South Africa, the ones where their land is seized without compensation. Great point. Ashley joining me now is a Newsweek's senior editor at Large an article three projects Senior Council Josh Hammer. Josh, We're going to speak about the timing of Joe Biden's cancer diagnosis shortly, but first on this issue, have you been surprised by the manner in which these lefteris have attacked a few dozen Africanas arriving in America?
Speaker 2: You know, readA god, God bless Scott Jennings, who we just saw there on CNN. Now that man deserves a pay raise because of just the utter humiliating crack that he has to go through night in and night out on CNN. I mean, it's just utterly insane there. I mean this, this woman is clearly telling America that she just hates white people. I mean that that is actually what she's saying in there. She she even she knows though that she actually cannot say that, because even she would probably be kicked off the show if you said up there. But that's exactly what she's saying. We're talking here about about about about four to four and a half dozen africaners. This is this is nothing. I mean, I mean, this is a pimple on the back of the of the butt of the rear end of the American immigration apparatus. There there's a tiny, tiny, tiny sliver of the migrants who have been let in over the past four years on the Biden administration. There again, this is pure unmitigated racism there. It's nothing less than discussing. By the way, the South African government is absolutely positively horrific. I know this because you know read it prior to our first baby being born in leint December my my wife, we're about to go on a baby moon. As as the Millennials and gen Z coll It, we actually looked into going to South Africa. Thereby, I did a little research on the government there. This is a radically Marxist extraordinarily far left, horrific, horrific regime currently empowered there. They are the ones currently leading the genocide charge incidentally against Israel in the ICJ and the ICC. We have this horrifically racist policy. They're outright Marxism stripping private property there. It's horrific. And anyone, frankly, who defends this current government South Africa, it says a lot more about them than it says about anything else. But ultimately read it the American left, they see every single issue through one prison in one prism only, and that is race.
Speaker 3: Well, they are all near Marxist really, because what she said there, if you listen to the full clib, she was applauding South Africa. She was saying that've had the reckoning that America hasn't had yet, as if it's something to look forward to. And yes, sadly, South Africa is going down the path of Zimbabwe. You can see that happening very clearly. Now, let's talk about Joe Biden and the sad news that he's battling advanced cancer. Josh, I want to play you this clip from two years ago when on stage Biden said he had cancer. He even explained why he thought he had cancer. But then we were told on I know, this was just a gaff.
Speaker 12: And because it was a four lane highway that was accessible, my mother drove us and rather than us be able to walk and guess what the first frost, you knew what was happening. It how to put on your windshield wapers to get literally the oil slick off the window. That's why I had so damn many other people I grew up have cancer. And why camp For the longest time, Delaware had the highest cancer rate in the nation.
Speaker 3: That doesn't sound like a gaff or a starter, Josh No.
Speaker 2: And look, you know the crazy thing, Rida. There's a new book out this week, this book called Original Sin Right by Jake Tapper of CNN and Alex Thompson of Axios, and it's making all the headlines there. It's generating all the attention here in the United States this week is focused on this one book by Tapper and Thompson. Then, of course they're making themselves out to be the innocent victims in the fourth Estate there in the media, as if they were duped by the Biden White House there. They obviously were completely in on the game from the get go there. But the crazy thing is that these same people, the same people RITA that just pulled a Soviet level information operation to gaslight the American people for the past five years about Joe Biden's mental and physical decline, both people inside the administration and their mouthpiece media propagandists on the outside, the Pravda like Jake Tapper before he conveniently flipped one hundred eight degrees there, the same people who gas led us for the past four years are now going to say that those of us who have the hootspot, who have the gall to ask whether or not there was a similar cover up about Joe Biden's medical condition he cancer diagnosed. There, they're about to say the word that were horrible people all over and oh, don't worry us, you know, Oh yeah, maybe maybe maybe we kind of buried a few stories there about the president's kind of his cognitive decline there. But don't you dare ask but whether or not we actually hid his cancer diagnosis there? But look, I mean that click kind of speaks for itself, wasn't it.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 2: I mean, that's not a gaff reader. That is a man just saying the truth in the open there. You know funny. I find it awfully convenient that this news about this prostate cancer is coming out right now. As I said the very week of this original sin book by Jay Tapper, Now Thompson, I'm not buying it. Something here is up.
Speaker 3: And it's coming. A week or so after that appearance on The View where Joe Biden with Jill Biden had an extended interview. Again, it was disastrous. It didn't go as they planned. It just reinforced what we all thought about his cognitive decline, and this seems to be the counter to it. It's terribly sad, but this is the level of mistrust that's in that administration now and in the mainstream media that the questions being asked about and when they learned about this diagnosis. Now, President Trump's had a history making Middle East a troupe. An example of his peace through strength strategy, he acknowledged Josh Josh that the US hasn't always been a force of good in the region.
Speaker 11: Before our eyes, a new generation of leaders is transcending the ancient conflicts of tired divisions of the past and forging a future where the Middle East is defined by commerce, not chaos where it exports technology, not terrorism, and where people of different nations, religions, and creeds are building cities together, not bombing each other out of existence. In the end, the so called nation builders wrecked far more nations than they built, and the interventionalists were intervening in complex societies that they did not even understand themselves. They told you how to do it, but they had no idea how to do it themselves.
Speaker 3: Josh, this is a dramatically different approach from what we've seen in the past, is the rejection of the neo kon warhawk interventionists. How did you say that, trip.
Speaker 2: Well, that speech specifically was a fantastic speech. I watched the whole thing. Actually, he gave that speech in Riad, Saudi Arabia, he spoke at this US Saudi conference. So he's done Yeomen's work to already pull back Saudi Arabia and the Unit of Arab Emirates from falling prey into the Chinese sphere of influence. There, China had done a lot of outreach via its belt and wrote initiative into the Arabian Peninsula during the Biden administration. Because the Bid administration was Molly coddling the Iranian regime and the Arabs basically then all went to China. So Donald Trump, I think deserves three cheers for what he did with the Saudis and the Murdies. Now read I will be cannid with you. I am a bit concerned about the Qatari piece of the puzzle. Their Qatar is a much more complicated country than Saudi Arabia, and the UAE has been a financier of Hamas, the Muslim Brotherhood, even Al Qaeda and I the times in the past there, so I'm not necessarily in love with Qatar being a whole part of this American romance in the Middle East. There, I view Kutar quite differently actually than the Saudis the Marats, which are non Islamist Arab states there. I'm also a little bit concerned about the potential direction of the Iran nuclear talks there. But ultimately everything that Donald Trump is saying on the Iran issue was actually very good. So as long as he as long as what as long as he says what he means, and he means what he says, and I think everything's going to be okay.
Speaker 3: Well it seems to be there also not just to try to bring about peace, but also to do business deals. He signed deals worth around six hundred billion with the Saudis alone. And as a construction guy, he was very impressed with the marble work in the region and did job you've done a second and then you look at this is so beautiful.
Speaker 11: As a construction person, I'm seeing perfect marble.
Speaker 6: This is what they call perfect.
Speaker 4: And just a great job you've done it.
Speaker 3: Yes, the marble work there, Josh, is something to be hold. Meanwhile, the Democrats have the likes of Tim Walls, the failed VP candidate setting the agenda. He's called immigration officials a modern day gestapo.
Speaker 14: Donald Trump's modern daescapo is scooping folks up off the streets. They're in unmarked vans, wearing masks, being shipped off to foreign torture dungeons. No chance to mountor defense, not even a chance to kiss the loved one and goodbye, just grabbed up by massed agents, shoved into those vans and disappeared.
Speaker 3: Josh, Is this the future of the Democrats? Is this what they are going to take to the twenty eight election?
Speaker 2: You know, it's as if nothing has changed, isn't it. I mean, this is a that what the Democrats were saying during the first Tump administration. I mean, I mean, AOC becomes a congresswoman from New York City in the twenty eighteen midterm election. In her first year in Congress. In twenty nineteen, I vividly recall her comparing the ICE detention facilities to Nazis concentration camp. So here we are six years later, and now Tim Walls is making the exact same analogies. I mean, I mean, this is so disgusting that that I barely feel like it even has to be commented on. But on the one hand, I mean just so utterly appalling, obviously, I mean to make these sorts of analogies there. I mean, these people that are being interrogated and by the way, they're given habeas corpus, they're giving due process. You know, contrary to what you hear in the corporate media. To hear, these people that are being seized by ICE are not US citizens. They are in the country illegally. They are not on illegal visa. They are here illegally. They're the Jews who are round them up. By the gestapos were citizens of their country. They had done literally nothing wrong other than the mere fact that they were Jewish, or this is just such an appalling, just as a loathsome disgusting analogy any way you can possibly draw it there. But I think the more important point is they've learned absolutely freaking nothing. They got shlacked in this presidential election rida, and look at them.
Speaker 3: They don't know what to do.
Speaker 2: They're running around like a bunch of with their heads cut off.
Speaker 6: There.
Speaker 2: I'm just happy that I'm not the one point to sort it out, because, frankly, if I were a Democratic strategist, if I were a Jimmy Carvell, I don't even know what I would be thinking when I see crap like this there. I mean, how do you rectify this? These people have to just go away and hide their heads in a paper bag for the rest of attorney. That's probably their only decent chance to get back to sanity at this point.
Speaker 3: I tell you, if you're JD. Vance and you're watching that, you would have a smile on your face because it's just going to walk it in. It's going to be a bit of a cakewalk if they don't improve their game. The Democrats are before you go tell me about this Supreme Court decision, the justices ruled seven to It was a split decision, seven to temporarily block the Trump administration's efforts to deport Venezuelan gang members who are in the country illegally. The decision was largely over a technical issue Josh Right.
Speaker 2: So it's not quite any substantive ruling as to the statutory interpretation of this seventeen ninety eight statue. The yelling enemies that there having said that Rita that the fact that it was the seven to two decision is nonetheless indicative there. So we've seen a handful of these seven two decisions there. It always ends up being Justices Clarence Thomas and Sam Alito. They are by far the most two conservative, the most two constitutionalist originalist justice there. You know, Unfortunately, all three of Donald Trump's nominees Ammy Cony, Barrett Breck Havanaugh, and Neil Gorsich. They're better, for sure than John Roberts, but they are not nearly as good as Sam a Leader or Clarence Thomas. And if a scotis vacancy or God willing, more than one opens up in these four years. While Trump as president of RITA, Conservatives are going to have to do a lot better than we did the last time there because these are really, really, really precious vacancies. We can we simply cannot afford to mess it up.
Speaker 3: I think that will be amongst Donald Trump's worst mistakes in his first administration, because he could have really secured the Supreme Court, and then the candidates he peaked, whoever advised him, they haven't worked out as planned. Josh Hamma, thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 8: Thank you.
Speaker 3: Min still to come, Megan Markle's popularity plummets to a new low. Kinsey Schofield has the latest welcome back. Joining me now is celebrity and royal commentator Kinsey Schofield. Kinsey will start with Barack Obama's daughter Malia, who has been accused of plagiarism by an independent filmmaker who premiered her film at sun Dance.
Speaker 6: Now.
Speaker 3: She says that a recent Nike commercial directed by Malia is shockingly similar to her work. What do you make of these allegations, Kinsey?
Speaker 15: Well, and Malia was at Sundance, this particular Sundance where this short film premiered. I don't you know, I think children and famous parents are thrust into the spotlight, whether they like it or not, and that visibility comes with massive amounts of pressure. But with the constant they need to be more mindful of everything, whether it's what they're wearing, what they're saying, what they're doing. The margin of a four error is so much smaller when the whole world is watching, and I think they look a lot alike. I'm not gonna lie to you, reader.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we played a little bit of its side by side, and from those clips they look familiar. But I haven't watched the full short film that is in question here. Now, let's move along to Donald Trump hitting back at Bruce Springsteen. After the rock singer took to the stage in Manchester and in front of a fairly disinterested audience, it seemed he unleashed this tirade in.
Speaker 12: The America.
Speaker 10: I love the America has been making of whole liberty for two hundred and fifty years, is currently in the end of a prolatively.
Speaker 3: Competent Donald Trump has hit back at Bruce Springsteen. He has posted quite an attack back, calling Springsteen as dumb as a rock and a dried app prune of a roka, amongst other things. This feud is pretty interesting, Kinsey.
Speaker 15: It isn't you know? Financially people are struggling, and if I'm paying five hundred pounds for Springsteen, the only thing I want to hear is Born to Run. We get people's political opinions on Twitter and X for free all day, every day. The edginus associated with being an artist with a political opinion is totally gone. It's you know, it no longer makes you special. Just do your job or I want a refund.
Speaker 3: And you know what you think they would learn? Springsteen was so active during the election campaign, even performed for Kamala Harris at her rallies, and we saw the result. It was a comprehensive loss. Lost every sweet state, lost the popular vote, lost the electoral College by quite a margin. You think you just stick to his knitting rather than boring people with these ridiculous lectures. Meghan Markle, now we do love her, but that love seems to be not widespread because there's fresh Ugov polling showing that Megan Markle's fan base has reached a new load. She's got a favorability rating of just twenty percent, Kinsy. This is the lowest on record.
Speaker 15: What an awful anniversary, geft Rita. It's her wedding anniversary. You know, she's been so relentless lately trying to sell us the new and improved version of herself, and.
Speaker 3: People don't want it.
Speaker 15: You know, they've realized that the person that they led in the beginning, except for you because you saw it immediately, didn't really exist. So they have no emotional attachment to this woman in the way that they might still feel connected to Prince Harry. They're just like, we don't need you, we don't want you, we don't really know you, and we have no interest in you.
Speaker 3: Well, it is a bit like that. The more we see of her, the more inauthentic and boring she's. I mean, I think that's the most revealing thing. She's not that interesting, which could be why she's roping in controversial model and TV host Chrissy Tagan to feature in the second season of Meghan Mikael's cooking show with Love Meghan, Tell Me About This.
Speaker 15: Now Here's what Kills Me. Reader Meghan Markle has built much of her public image around speaking out against online abuse and cyberbullying, frequently referencing her own experiences to support her advocacy. That's what makes her connection to Christy Tagan so questionable. Tagan has openly admitted to harassing and urging a teenage girl, Courtney Stadden, to harm herself. Meghan can't play both sides. Can't campaign against digital cruelty while embracing someone who once embodied it. It sends the message that cyberbullying is own worth fighting against when it happens to you or fits your narrative.
Speaker 3: And again, not just the ugly online behavior from Chrisytigue and some of the things she has said over the years, some of the political positions she's taken a really polarizing, divisive figure. So for again for Megan to cozy up to her, but I think she's just desperate for any star power. Any celebrity who's willing to participate in this mess will be welcomed with open arms. Now to an independent ordered conducted by Price Waterhouse Coopers, and it found Kinsey that Justin Bieber still owes his former manager, Scooter Braun more than eight point eight million US, despite the fact that they parted ways some two years ago.
Speaker 15: Yeah, so we talk a lot on here about what we think is going on with Justin Bieber, and a part of me wonders if this could be a little bit of the issue. I mean, money issues can lead to irrational behavior. Financial stress. It can trigger fear, anxiety, and when people feel overwhelmed or out of control with their finances, they can make impulsive and emotional decisions, whether it's lashing out, which we've seen him yelling at paparazzi lately, making reckless purchases. I mean, the huge party he threw at Coachella had to be incredibly expensive. Blaming others, you know, it doesn't give Justin an excuse for some of his recent behavior, but it might give us a little bit more insight into what's been going on behind the scenes.
Speaker 3: Now, before you go, Katie Perry is no longer welcome at Vegas. This reports that they're not keen for her to continue her residency there. I can't imagine. Why have a look at this Kinsey. I'd pay top dollar to see dance moves like that, wouldn't you.
Speaker 15: Oh my gosh, you know, with all of the talent, the true talent that's in Vegas. No, the return on investment was not there for this casino, this hotel, and that Las Vegas residency that she just wrapped. You know, it quite simply wasn't the monetary success that they had needed to justify its existence.
Speaker 1: No.
Speaker 3: I've seen quite a few video clips, many of them have gone viral, and I've got to say, Kinsey, all of them are cringe worthy. There's none that you look at and go Okay, that's what you would expect from an A list star. Most of it is, like what we've just showed you, pretty qringe worthy. Kinsey Schofield, thank you so much for your time, and that's all the time we have. I'll see you tomorrow night at eleven. Don't go anywhere. Nears Night is up next
Speaker 1: Six