Speaker 1: Hello, and welcome back to the Maths When Your podcast and welcome to an emergency podcast today on re and JAF. Because there's a lot of rumors floating around lately about them.
Speaker 2: Have they quietly split up? Is their drama? What's going on?
Speaker 1: Last night, everybody thought they had solid proof because of a post that remade on Instagram about things that have changed her life, including how she's and their quote now choosing relationships that feel calm and safe instead of confusing, inconsistency or mixed signals for love. That post last night started blowing up and read it That's where I first saw it. Then I jumped on Instagram or the comments were a bit confused, and on Facebook it was blowing up. And now people are like claiming things like they were never actually together or they were paid to pretend to be together. So Maths could apparently redeem itself and get some integrity, which is never going to happen, and everything's just getting a little bit silly. So this morning I just thought, as anyone actually messaged them and asked, So I got my phone out and a text rae and I was like, yeah, what's to go? And here is now the exclusive straight from re herself, who tells me that all is good, they have it. And for people who aren't really across this or what's happening and you're a bit confused, Basically, over the last month or so, fans have noticed that Ree and Jeff have maybe been sharing each other a little less than usual on their instagrams. And actually, as this year Season a Math started wrapping up on TV, what about six weeks ago now, I even got a couple of random messages and I could not tell you who these were from my in boxes, usually spammed as the show's coming to an end, but they were like this drama with Rihe and Jeff, or find out what's happening with Rihe and Jeff.
Speaker 2: And I'm not gonna lie.
Speaker 1: I kind of just ignored them, firstly because I didn't believe it. Secondly because I was so busy with this year's cash just going rogue by the day as their season started to end, and then thirdly because I kind of just like thought, well, if there is something they haven't posted about it, and I don't really want to be nosy, which sounds weird because literally this podcast is me being nosy, but in my head it's like, all right, if there's something there, these are two people who are just back to regular life. They've been off TV for a year, and I don't know, like again, this is going to sound so hypocritical and like a contradiction from me saying on this podcast, but sometimes it just feels like oddly intrusive depending who the people being spoken about are and these rumors about because like if Rie and Jeff had come off the show last year and then you know, gone to every red carpet tried to get another show's just been in our faces constantly across all the media making their relationship like their brand and their job, then sure, if these drama to me, it's then like all right, fair game to ask and speculate because this is literally what they want. But in my eyes, Rah and Jeff are just like to really normal people who have just come back to their normal life. And yeah, we see like updates on the socialism whatever, but it's not like say Jules and Cam who are a lot more across the media with their brands and books and do you know, does this make any sense? And then the other reason I didn't look into it is also just because I forgot until this week and last night when I saw that repost and the backlash, and even when Jeff commented on Ree's post last night saying love this about loving her new mindset and stuff, people still weren't convinced they're still together. And then since then, this is when things have got a little bit silly, And this is why I wanted to do this podcast today, so just share some clarity on certain things and narratives that seem to be blowing up right now.
Speaker 2: Now I'm laughing already.
Speaker 1: Much to my surprise, a lot of people seem to actually think that Ree and Jeff were paid to fake a reunion on the show last year and then paid to just pretend to be together to give Maths some integrity, and like, come on, guys, if this was true, like talk about committing to the bit. They literally live together now, like it's been a whole year and they're still living together, Like when does this the imaginary contract end? And secondly, how much would they even be getting paid, because like.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 1: That's just to me, that's so crazy that people actually may believe that. And then secondly, overnight this morning, I've seen so many comments from people out there claiming that Ree and Jeff never actually broke up when they first started dating, you know, long before married.
Speaker 2: At first sight.
Speaker 1: And then they faked that on screen reunion at their wedding when it was like, oh wait, what I know you and people genuinely believed. Yes, that was again stage to give the show integrity. So maths for let's just find a couple already together. And again I can say I can actually say this hand on higher, that is not true. And that's because, as some of you may remember, I was at their wedding.
Speaker 2: I crashed it.
Speaker 1: It was in like a park, so I was pretty close, to be honest, and I had binoculars and I watched the genuine shock on both of their faces and their guest faces as they saw each other as re arrived and walked down the aisle. And then I saw like the the awkwardness and confusion as they did the wedding, and then they had to pause now and again like to change the camera angles. And trust me, neither of them had any idea like that shock was real and if it wasn't real, then okay.
Speaker 2: They are Australia's greatest.
Speaker 1: Actors and deserve every award because like even what you guys didn't see during the episode is between takes when producers dragged them aside to do the boxes, and that the stuff that wasn't filmed was them being like, what the hell is this apprankic?
Speaker 2: Like is this real?
Speaker 1: What's going on? Like they stayed in characterr when they weren't meant to be on cameras. So for those thinking it was all in act, why would they do that? Also, like it'd just be so elaborate and so easy to prove that was fake if that was the truth. And then the next thing I'm seeing a lot of comments about today is confusion around is repregnant.
Speaker 2: And do they have a baby?
Speaker 1: And I have looked into this a bit, and this all seems to stem back to because people say they saw something online a few months ago which left them with this impression that they were having a baby, about to have a baby, now have a baby.
Speaker 2: And yes, I've done some digging.
Speaker 1: And this stems from an interview that re and Jeff did at the end of January with WHO magazine.
Speaker 2: And this was like a.
Speaker 1: Big feature where they spoke about their relationship of the last year, moving in together, what they've learned all these huge things, like a real big feature. But then the headline to that cute chat was RhE and Jeff's baby Joy, which to me is kind of insensitive because firstly, headline too pretty much everyone suggests that Ree is currently pregnant at the time of that. And remember, most people they just don't click things. They'll see something on Facebook, like, they're not going to click the link. They're not going to read this huge feature to find out that no, she's not pregnant.
Speaker 2: So like Human Magazine doing that and pushing.
Speaker 1: That narrative out like on purpose just to get a few more clicks again feels insensitive because anyone who then read the full thing knows that that line about baby joy is about the part of the interview where Ree talked about wanting to start trying for a baby in like a year's time, but this and a quote her endometriosis diagnosis is at the forefront of her mind with this, as that's a thing Ree has spoken about publicly quite a lot. So yes, as I said, that headline loki insensitive to then imply to everyone that they're now having a baby just for extra clicks.
Speaker 2: But that's just my thought.
Speaker 1: To someone who used to work in magazines and tabloids and kind of know how they work, Like I feel like society we've maybe moved past that type of clickbait. And now, lastly, to wrap up this little podcast today, maybe all of these rumors which are still floating about have just stemmed from nothing, which is unfortunate, or maybe, as a few people are kind of suggesting, it is true that Ree and Jeff maybe hit a little rocky patch lately.
Speaker 2: But are now past it. As retells me, all is good.
Speaker 1: And if that's true, then you know what fair because that's literally every relationship ever and in my opinion, like things that are going to stand the test of time, and relationships that will last the duration like they take work and you will have ups and downs.
Speaker 2: And that's just life.
Speaker 1: But then I suppose the downside to that is if you have a couple of hundred thousand followers and you work up with that kind of formed on a TV show, that during those up and downs, people are going to notice and then things like this will happen and there'll be a man like me talking about on a podcast, which again feels hypocritical because I say it felt intrusive. We wuld talk about this a month ago, but again here I am I think with this. So I'm just trying to end the rumors, to stop them circling more. But then again, I'm doing a whole podcasting it. I feel like this podcast is now ending with me having like some internal conflict and battle within my own head about my own integrity as a journalist.
Speaker 2: Is this even journalism? I don't know.
Speaker 1: Let's just send this saying great RhE and Jeff all was good. As she told me. They make a cute couple. I wish them all the best if they're still going through a rocky patch. I hope you sawry it out last year. I spent a bit of time we read, we hung out a few times. I think she's lovely, think of her and Jeff are lovely together. This is why I need to write scripts when I do these solo podcasts, because honestly, no structure say yeah,