Speaker 1: Hello, Welcome to the Dai Teller of Feral podcast on Brent Reeding by Tyson Jackson Pam Whaley. Finals Time Finals in the Air. We've been at the finals launched this morning. We've all been there. The first of all, We've got to get to the bottom of that, because you're what is what are you wearing?
Speaker 2: What is doing?
Speaker 1: What is going on?
Speaker 3: Man? Yeah? I made a silly but now with the Great Adam Mobs, who is not here right now, but we are initially talking about getting tattoos for who would win and lose a spoon bowl. I talked him out of that because I didn't want to mark my body and because my great Tigers suffered a close loss to the Eels. I have to wear this all day today.
Speaker 1: Just for one day, I think, so spit used and unwashed. It's got a stench to it.
Speaker 3: Or this was actually this jersey.
Speaker 1: It doesn't look a bit grubby.
Speaker 3: It was made before I was born, so it's older than twenty one. Yeah, and feel really uncomfortable in it. I'm getting a lot of weird looks. Yeah, there's also a little bit smaller me out of Mobs is not the largest man in the world.
Speaker 1: So and you're.
Speaker 3: Ripped, you are. I'm feeling out this jersey quite nicely.
Speaker 1: Actually, I didn't have that on the notes. We should start with that. Yeah, I loved that. That was a weird and wacky game. It lived up to its billing. Well sort of been in one respect, but really disappointing end of the season for the Targets. I mean they've showed promise at times this year and then they've had times and I've just looked bang average and this was a bang average night. What do you think?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I thought it was fitting right just after this, after the season that they've had. It kind of it seemed fitting that that's the way that it ended.
Speaker 3: Well, something up the way the Tigers lost. That was how they've lost majority of the game this year, and just by shooting themselves in the foot. Yeah, they you know, they looked good at times and then look bad at times and then someone gets sent off and you know, a sin bin leads to sixty points. Yeah. Look, I mean the Eels, I don't think the Eels were greater. I think the Tigers were great. Was exactly what it was supposed to be, and as a Tiger's fan, I look forward to next year Jerome. We trust they can score points paramount.
Speaker 1: They've shown that most of the year. They can score points, and you know, they looked at times, they looked played really good foot in this game at times. Actually, I mean it's hard to judge how good they were because your opposition was pretty poor. But you know, if I'm Jason Rowles, come in next year with this footy team, stick Mitchell Moses and this side Zach Lomax. You obviously lose Blaze to Langey, but this socide, I reckon that should be right in the mix of the top eight next year.
Speaker 2: They should be, Yeah, especially with you know, as you said, Mitch Moses being there more regularly. We obviously saw what he could do during Origin this year. He really is one of the best players in the competition and just the hole that he leaves in that side is huge. So there should be plenty of change there.
Speaker 1: A little bit of a changer too, because I'm we expect read and Ken Gill had to go. He led them out, he kicked the goal. He's second half the season, He's been great.
Speaker 3: Big minutes as well. You don't get that from many front rollers like he. I was at the game, and you know you're kind of wishing he would come off the field for a little bit, and he was on there for.
Speaker 1: A lot of it. I was the only thing about Regg he's grown this mustache. It's too long, it is unkept, and he was I was interning for triple afterwards.
Speaker 3: Spit.
Speaker 2: You know it's too long. Yeahs to be trimmed.
Speaker 1: I don't think going wrong with Regge at the pavement.
Speaker 3: He's taking inspiration from the great Freddie Mercury.
Speaker 1: We'll expect to see.
Speaker 2: Do you say anyth think about this fit?
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: On a podcast, but.
Speaker 3: Reggie is a big watcher of this podcast as well.
Speaker 1: I think he's been he'll be a great signing likely the Dragons. I would expect he'll be a great signing. Miss him. I mean, I think he's been really good this year for them. So interesting message. You mentioned Jerome coming next year. You expect that to have a significant change on the Tigers.
Speaker 3: Being at the Finals launch this morning and talking to Stephen Crichton, I mean, if you look twelve months ago, what we were saying about the Bulldogs and where we thought the Bulldogs would go, especially like Stephen crimes are same to how much impact can you really have? I mean, we've seen Jerome at his best, and Jerome's closer to the middle of the field, you know, he's a half. I think I do the comp next year, Probably not, but probably I do. Yeah, I'm not gonna say definitely not. Okay, I still think the Bulldogs have a chance within the comp this year. So enough, but I see I do see improved then saying yeah, Skuys like Jack Bird coming race Hunts, Taruvera, Taruva.
Speaker 1: They missed out in Corey hawsbro this morning. Corey's had a meeting with Ricky over the weekend in camera and he's now going to stay at the Raiders Corey Hawsbrough. So that's a bit disappointing for them because they're in the mix for Corey.
Speaker 3: But but you know, there's it's a long pre season and yeah, I mean, I'm just going to forget about this year.
Speaker 1: I reckon. I know I how the Wooden spoon was at stake, but I reckon, you can sort of al must put a line through that game and just move on and forget about it, because.
Speaker 3: It's almost better that we lost, because I mean, at the end of the day, if we finish and we're all happy that we've the wooden spoon. I mean, if that's what you're going into the preseason thinking about that, you're not going to You're not going to live up to where you need to be, and then there needs to be a lot of improvement there.
Speaker 1: Now you're obviously a Tigers fan, I'm a Broncos fan. We should should touch on them because they were absolutely diabolical against the Storm on Thursday and that was a long time ago now, but that performance and they've had a shocking into this year. Reviews are going on and the Melbourne are a very good team, but the Broncos to lose that way, it's just it's not good enough.
Speaker 2: No, you feel really, I feel really sorry for fans. I think it's just considering the last twelve months and kind of where they were at this time last season and just how much hope and yeah energy there was around the place, and then to be sitting here now and I know a lot of Broncos fans just turned the TV off, didn't watch.
Speaker 1: It, which I turned the TV off.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Now there's such a good team Melbourne.
Speaker 1: We'll get to them. Eventually, but you know there's been order to talk about. As I said reviews in the off season at Brisbane, there'll be some change. Well, there is change because that Kev's changing his entire coaching staff with Trent Barrett and Benny Tea going there. They might shuffle a few players around. I imagine there's some leaving. But when the key for them is you've got to get Reeese Walsh back, You've got to get pain. I mean Pain was back, but I'm going to get Reynolds playing back to full fitness, playing their best footage because when everyone's fit and available, they're squad is as good as just about anything in the comp But they just didn't fire up this year. It's really disappointing.
Speaker 2: I think now. I think this season and particularly this back end of the year, it's just been, you know, lost after loss after loss, and it's just gets embarrassing and more embarrassing and more embarrassing, and you can just see them go into their shell and then by this final round they just wanted to be over with.
Speaker 1: We watched his highlights and Jerome Hughes everywhere and it was a masterclass from him. We spoke to the captains this morning about yeah, they thought it'd win to delim this year, and a lot of them said, Jerome Hughes, he's been that good, but yeah, that's what they brought out in Reynolds for and Jerome schooled him and everyone else on Thursday. He was unbelievable.
Speaker 3: Let's let's not forget that as poor as the Broncos have been, they they have been without significant players throughout their entire season. That we did a.
Speaker 1: List from them and contni with the other ones who went.
Speaker 3: We went through a timeline of some of the disruptions they've had during their year, and it's been probably one of the most unsmooth rides of any club all year. Next year, if they get a right it could almost be it could almost be worse for every other team in the comp if they come in so hungry, because on paper and on their day they can be the best team in the comp. They can. They almost bet Penrith last year. They've looked good at times this year, earlier this year. You know they could turn it on again next year. I mean this could actually be better for them in the long run, almost to give them that real kick that they need.
Speaker 2: They're going to have to take that out of it. That's the only thing that they can take out of it is the humility of it and just starting from scratch, and hopefully they take that attitude into twenty twenty five and that's the only thing they can really hope for Now, we'll.
Speaker 1: Talk about a couple of other results on the weekend with finals teams. First of all, the Doggies played the Cowboys got absolutely touched up. Second week in a row for the Dogs that they got touched up. Are you a Dogs fan? Are you concerned? If you're a Dogs fan.
Speaker 2: If you're a Dogs fan, I think you are a little bit concerned, but I think you're overwhelmingly the major feeling is excitement, right because you've got to take a moment, I think, especially before this first weekend of finals, just to go finally, you know, we're here. They've been through so much paying over these last couple of years and who knew how long it was going to take for them to be able to get back there. So I think if you're a Doggies fan, you're excited about what could happen, but massive, massive warning signs there.
Speaker 3: Do you guys speak to Stephen Crochden this morning.
Speaker 1: No, I didn't know.
Speaker 2: I didn't know.
Speaker 3: I get it. Yeah, but he got He's not nervous, not nervous.
Speaker 1: I don't think he gets nervous. Steve Krout, No does he.
Speaker 2: I just final is the whole new ball game.
Speaker 1: He knows that as well.
Speaker 3: It's funny a lot has been made of this, like Bulldogs curse you know every year that ends in four and apparently they they're loose to the Cowboys in the last round as well. I saw some weirds that on the weekend fourteen and four they lost to the Cowboys.
Speaker 1: Get your money on the dogs. They lost to ma only a couple of weeks ago too, and got touched up and un till they play this weekend. What about In terms of Manly, they were That's the other result that intrigued me because Coronella they've been a bit inconsistent, but Manly are the ultimate inconsistent team. One week they are they look breathtaking and the next week they looked diabolical. And this was dob at home cost some home final. They were bang average yesterday they sided good the first five minutes game.
Speaker 3: The game was really physical and I think the Sharks witherstood that and then that's why they came out with the win. In games like that, you're looking to see which team gives up first, and it was clear that Manly. Manly got out of that fight very quickly and the Sharks were there to play for eighty minutes.
Speaker 2: You look at these pictures like if you if you didn't know the result, you look at these pictures that packed Hill, the massive crowd Sunday afternoon, you would think this is a special for Mainly to win at home. Yeah, I don't know what went wrong there.
Speaker 1: Cronulla defended so well in this game. I think at a half time they missed five tackles. They probably only barely missed double figures the entire game crnol. They were outstanding defensively, but mainly were just you right, tys. They were good in the first five ten minutes and they just drop dropped their intensity and dropped off and maybe they look looking in next week. I don't know, but they weren't great. It was a bit of a flatal performance, particularly in front of us sold out sold out at four Pints Park, full house. As I said, they were playing for the chance to close the final in week one, so really disappointing performance.
Speaker 3: Actually they have a young team as well though, as like I don't.
Speaker 1: Get some experience, said Shake and Daily Maddie Lodge. You know there's enough Rubmin Garrett, there's enough guy Lckland Croaker enough of course, and the team have been around long enough that you know they should compensate. Well, make sure there's young blocks turn up ready to play.
Speaker 2: Do you think the fifties right and that we disrespect Cronulla, Well.
Speaker 1: I think we disrespect them because the last two years they've just gone straight out in the finals.
Speaker 2: I totally agree with you. Yeah, I think they have not shown yet. They just haven't yet proven that they have what it takes.
Speaker 1: This year, No, I think they've been there.
Speaker 3: I think they've been in the top four six week one to which is crazy because I mean, no one's really talking about them as premiership favorites.
Speaker 2: Everyone's kind of got a raised eyebrow, right, they're just like holding their praise just to kind of see.
Speaker 1: Because they haven't quite believe in big games they when the finals come around, they they haven't shown they can get it done. Look, I think they're they're so well coached, right, he gets the best out of their most week's FITZI he's obviously an amazing coach because I think they're one of the sides well, I was going to say a lack of genuine superstar. They've got Nico, heines right, and but Nico hasn't really shown again that he can get it done on a big, big stage yet. So that's going to be the challenge for them and Niko in the finals. They got to aim up, lift and show they can show they can get it done right on the big stage, a bit like in Ucas. Yes, they Carlin Potner, who got it done on the big stage. Baby KP came to play, when the great Man comes to play. He was outstanding, KP.
Speaker 2: He was outstanding. I was up there yesterday. Yeah, the atmosphere was incredible. It was awesome. Yeah, awesome to be at that stadium minutes heaving.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: No, he've got it done on the big stage. I genuinely thought that maybe the dog like the Dolphins way, Benett might just have one trick up his sleeve. You know. I think this is a huge test for the Knights. They obviously it's not the best way to go into the finals, is it. Having just like scraped in there, having to win your last game to get in there.
Speaker 1: But yeah, yeah, I think they've won for maybe four of their last five. Of the Knights, they're pretty good touch and when calm players like he did. Look he owned the big moment chesterday, and that's what you want your best players to do. Yeah, he came up, came up with the players, the big players that decided the game. Do you think number one on the rich lists? Do you he was earned his money yesterday?
Speaker 3: Read that which one website?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's everywhere.
Speaker 3: He Do you think the Knights have found kind of a good balance now in their team. Earlier in the year they seemed like that big name in Jackson Hasings and a half big name in Kaylyn pomer Hooka I mean sorry full back, you know, and almost like too many, too many voices and no one really standing up. Now they've kind of they've all seeing Kaylan does his job at the back. Finis Crossland does a different job than what than what Hastings is doing. Cong's found Cogor has been pretty quiet, but he's he's just sitting there nipping away the little white war entice and gamble on the bench.
Speaker 1: They're still like they're halves still worrying me. Yeah, they're not really elite halves, are they. You know that's a worry. Like if it's Kaitlyn doesn't get it done. Yeah, no one gets it done in that team.
Speaker 3: There's been teams like that in the past, there.
Speaker 1: Has been, but not many, not many. And that means that every week in the finals, as deep as they go, you know, there's more pressure on Kaitlyn every week to fire up for them. Otherwise, but their halves just aren't. They're just steady halves, right, I thinks when Comps were just steady playing huts.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I think Phoenix Crosslin like he I think he is actually quite an important player. I think last year, particularly when Kaylen was out as well for that long stretch. He's played a really for them last year, and I think just being able to find like finding a way to use him more often, especially kind of at the back end of this year, I think it's been really important for the Knights too.
Speaker 3: Got touch on what you said when you said they've steady hard. They're just steady hard when you look at the strike outside of them though, outside of both of them, you're Dan Gogay, Bradman, Bess, Greg Martin, who's you're kling out in the back. Like if you look at that that back five is probably you know, one of the best in the comp in form as well. Like if they can just simplify their game and leave it up to their actual strike their big money players, I think they can get the job done. I'm not saying the Knight's going to win the premiership. They're probably in the top eight at the moment. My ones that I probably haven't just maybe like that six mark power ranking wise, but I.
Speaker 1: Wouldn't pass put it pass from getting to the prelimb. I think they can definitely win this week and we'll touch on that game in a second. I reckon they can win in week two against the losers of the top four games. But I just think when you get to the prelim and they got to play potentially Peneth or Melbourne, I reckon that's when they're going to get They're going to struggle a bit. But I think they can definitely win get to get to the pre lim. I think Klein's good enough to get them there. And as you said, they've got enough striking their outside backs and They've got a good forward, pat Lot, Daniel Safeti's playing really good football. They've got Jacob Safiti to come back. He didn't played it yesterday. I think they got him to come back. Dylan Lucas are really good player. Frazill came back guests saying I think they've got good enough forward, pack, enough striking outsid backs to win a couple of couple of games in the finals. But I just worry when you get against the really elite teams, that's when I reckon they might struggle in my opinion, humble opinion. Let's touch on the games. Yeah, we start Panthers rooster is a bit of a blockbuster one definitely a penal stadium the last game of penwith knock it down and start again. Do you give the russ I hope? What do you reckon? I would know in their last nine games against.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Penrith just get the job done here. Obviously, you've got to give russ a hope because they are a really good side and they have a fantastic coach. They You've got to give them a hope just because of the pity they've got in that team. But I think Penrith at home. It doesn't get much tougher than that, aside from probably the trip to Melbourne which is the next the next thing, Yeah.
Speaker 1: I'll get Nathan Penrith will have Nathan Cleary back. Everyone today said he's certain to play. What do you reckon give the rooss I hope.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I give him a hope. I give him hope purely on that. They said to just find a way to stay in games. Yeah, like last year against the Storm, they put ten seconds away from from getting into that the prelim I think.
Speaker 1: Catch by Marky Mark no one get he was very good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there were Warrick were Warbrick scored in the last seconds of their game last year. And yeah, like a couple of years ago they played Penrith in I think it was a pre limb and their back line looked you wouldn't even recognize their back line and they were two points away then. So I think it's going to be close. I can't say I'm going to tip the Roosters, but I mean close games like that, you can they can go either way. It depends on the night really, So if the rooster are.
Speaker 1: Up for it, we obviously Nathan's coming back from the shoulder problem to were asking Teddy about it today, he basically foreshadowed that Angus crot and I'll be just going to Nathan all day. It's good. They'll test him out or they'll try to test him out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely, Well that's what Angus Crichten's been doing all year. Else he's just been terrorizing those little arms all year. So yeah, and that's why you have to give the roosters a hope, right, they're just experts kind of when it comes to this point of the year as Penwrith now are as well.
Speaker 1: Yes, but do you do you the fact they haven't beat them in nine games? Do you think it matters? Cheddy sort of dismissed it today. Do you think it's a factor?
Speaker 3: Rugby league math never adds up. So, I mean nine games is nine games, but every game is different, Every year is different. If we look at Penrith four years ago, they probably hadn't been a lot of teams in that long yeah, but now look at them. So yeah. Look, I mean smart money's on Penrith, but anyone that bets against Trent Robinson and his organization there that the Rocks in there.
Speaker 1: So I watched this A bit of this gold Gast game in Penwith to me, looked dodgy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, they were totally convincing where they know, But I think that Nathan Cleary just went him coming back into that team. They just they just can beat anybody there, unbelievable with him in the side. So you know, I don't really put too much stock into it, do you.
Speaker 1: They looked a little shaky to me. Yeah, yeah, I'll give the risks. I hope. I don't think it's a foregone conclusion. I think Pendth probably win last game at home and they'll be pumped up. As I said before the joint gets knocked down. Cleary backs huge, depends how he is, right, But I just thought they looked a bit off. They looked a bit off. I reckon they haven't looked and you expect that they've lost some good players, right at some point it's going to take take its toll. But I thought they did this game. If I'm a Penwith fan, this game really worried me. For the last game of the year week before the finals and new struggle to put the Gold Coast away.
Speaker 3: A lot of teams were like that this week, though, Like to be honest, the I mean the Bulldog's mainly game that we're getting now. Both teams are coming off losses. The Risters almost like the rabbit uts back into it after having him done. Panthers the same. Melbourne. Apart from Melbourne, well, unless you as great Bellamy, he.
Speaker 2: Was blowing up in the box, high standard.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like a lot of those teams say they send to drop off. I think in the last.
Speaker 1: Round, first game and said the Cowboys nights, Kaylen's going home. Yeah, we've spent a bit of time in towns Well made his first grade to buil up there. I think he made it in the final from them.
Speaker 2: Yeah on the wing. Yeah, you spoke to about did Yeah, he was excited to go back. Wants to beat him, so look out, but no, it'll be I think it's a yeah, it's an interesting one. Obviously. Kaylen's been at the Knights for six years or something now, and he came there as an eighteen year old, so he might have just been nineteen. We're just about to turn nineteen, so there was a long time ago now, but everything's new in the finals again, right.
Speaker 1: So Mooney was the mastermind behind that is now, he was that the nineties now a Cronulla and they took a pun on him. He was a prodigiously gifted kid r as a footballer, but they played him a lot of ye and it's probably one of the smartest signings the Nights have made in a long time. What do you reckon? You got up there twice. Cowboys were very good on Saturday, very good.
Speaker 3: I know I've been anti Cowboy majority of the year, so what I just haven't thought that they've got the team to to really win a camp. I don't know the team. Yeah, yeah, they play and yeah, I just think there's been games this year where their verse size that they should smash and they haven't smashed them.
Speaker 1: They have been consistent.
Speaker 3: Very very up and down.
Speaker 1: They've got a lot of strike though. Man, they've got more of striking that team.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was unreal outstanding.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think there'll be.
Speaker 3: A lot of points, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And I think, yeah, look, drink Water's brigiant.
Speaker 3: Playing playing Townsville as well is a big step up because it's really hot up there.
Speaker 1: Queen's mate Almos shines up there. Didn't help you literally in everything. I mean, for me, it's good. It's the Cowboys defense, it's going to decide because they're the sort of team that can put thirty on you and could see thirty. Yeah, you know that's the that's the great dilemma they've got. But they were so good against the Dogs. That was just an absolute carve up.
Speaker 2: They just looked like they were having so much fun and.
Speaker 1: They did it so easily.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's not what you won the week for a final, I don't think.
Speaker 2: I think it adds a bit of pressure being at home up there too, and the crowd and on.
Speaker 3: That golden point.
Speaker 2: Gold point, Well, they had a golden point game in round two.
Speaker 3: Okay, Jake Clifford kicks a field goal golden point.
Speaker 1: First to so game responsibly folks. What about stormy Sharks storm sharks storm at home in Melbourne? No, I fell on this weekend down there apparently, so there should be a house there. Can we see the Sharks causing an upset at all?
Speaker 2: They did win the Yeah, I feel like it's going to be closer than what we expect. I do, but I am never going to tip against Melbourne in Melbourne. I just think that that's.
Speaker 1: And everyone me back, you do and bruising missed last week, but he'll be back.
Speaker 2: We spoke about how good Jerome Hughes has jin He's just unbelievable.
Speaker 1: The other blog has found a bit of form in a lot of stage years. Cam Munster he's played in the last time last few weeks, right, and when he first came back from those that those hip problems because got a double hip surgeon in the off season, he looked a bit scratchy. I thought. For the last couple of weeks he's looked threatening down monster and Harry's actually looked better too. I recod a quiet year. Yeah, the last few weeks has been good as well. So they're going to be awful hard to be What do you think, na.
Speaker 3: I think the Storm wins. I don't know when constably, but I think they win. Like that's in the Sharks. Isn't an easy task that they're just solid everywhere. But yeah, I mean there's there's no blueprint to beating Melbourne. There's no like, there's nothing that I see the Sharks doing that can be like this is how we're going to beat Melbourne in Melbourne And like you said, those guys just all come into form that at the right times will Warbrick so good, unbelievable on Thursday night and.
Speaker 1: Your coaches back to wasn't it was that he first came back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then you look at the people like they dropped Grant Anderson, who's been one of their best this year, like in filling in for those you know, those injuries. So you've got someone like so Farlongo who is there as well, just just in case like that. I can't see a hole that Melbourne can't plug or can't make up for.
Speaker 1: What's Cronell's best type is that Nico going back to Melbourne and creating havoc. I mean, he hasn't really looked.
Speaker 2: I think he's just got to be there in like the I think that it's going to be a pretty ferocious battle I think between these two forward packs, and I think he just needs to be there to ice the game. Like there's a big moment I think coming for Nico and and for the Sharks, Like we spoke about how they haven't really got the job done at this time of the year. This is now the moment, and I think he's just got to be there and be around and if it comes down to you know, that final pass or if it's you know, a sideline conversion or something like. He's just got to be on.
Speaker 3: The Sharks highlighted how they need to win this game yesterday. They need to stay in the fight. Yeah, and wait for Melbourne to give up first, which won't come right, It won't come So that means that means they have to stay in that fight the entire game. We'll take one mistake, one error, you know, one little glimpse of brilliance, and they can win. It's the minute, the minute they do what mainly did in their game against them, that's when the storm will get over them. If they can hold that line for eighty minutes and you know, or potentially longer if they have to have ants.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I like that. I like that as fits you listening. You've got your blueprint from twice sister, defend your way to victory. Baby dogs Manly final game around Sunday. This should be should be fifty thousand plus at least. I would hope you would think Dogs manly. Not many Manly fans because we don't cross the bridge. Wells, people in people in the Northern Beaches don't cross the bridge. We might make an exception. We won't go the back way. There's a back way. We don't have to go across the Stook Bridge.
Speaker 2: What's the problem with the West.
Speaker 1: It's too far, too far. But I mean this interest Becau've got two teams who are coming off she Lackings. They played a couple of weeks ago. Man they put the cleaners through them. What are you thinking? Which way you mean? Tommy Chiworovitch back for Manly and he makes an incredible change to that football team. Just his mere presence completely changes that rugby league team.
Speaker 2: This is such a toss of the coin for me. I feel like this is so yeah, I don't know, this is so evenly matched. I think Manly. Maybe I'm leaning towards Manly Tom I'm trying, yeah, Manly. But just that crowd I think is just going to be obviously so bulldogs centric. That's going to be unreal atmosphere. You'd like to think they could get the job done.
Speaker 3: Those will get it done.
Speaker 1: Dogs win.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's really it's written in the stars. It's meant to happen.
Speaker 1: What gives you that? What do you think I'm buying.
Speaker 3: Into all this history nonsense and whatnot. Whether they're all the year. It's not It's not just that, though there's so much to it. I love the fact that they their fans are so passionate about their clubs, even though everyone else's fan base hates, you know, going and being around them. There's just something like talking to to critic this morning, there's something special there. He knows it. He's a proven winner. And yeah, like you said me as as a reason that could probably tip manly way. But for me, we've seen Tommy come back from injury quickly. We've seen Tommy get hurt again as well, So I'm a bit worried. Yeah, I don't want it to happen, but like I'm just a bit worried that if is it too soon? He only got injured two weeks ago. And this is a guy that you're a resident football many times.
Speaker 1: And did you come back in like two weeks not two weeks?
Speaker 3: Actually know that there was once there was once I came back straight away. But it's hard, like your shoulders numb, Like that's the problem with it, right, it's not. It's not going to stop you from playing, but you lose strength in your arm, you lose feeling in your arm, like you've got he'll be patted up on his shoulder. But if it's a bad ac joint, you have your joint looks like that you've actually got something like sticking out of Yeah.
Speaker 1: Just kneedle it up. Bang, Tommy be fine.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but your final you're not fine than you. Probably he's playing in the NRL and but I just think it's it's It's going to be a tough task for both teams. But I think the Bulldogs can get it done. I think a corps as well is a big advantage for them.
Speaker 1: Well, hopefully they turn out. I hope there's at least fifty there. I think Man will get the job done. I think they showed two weeks ago. I had to beat the Dogs.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 1: Cam Mocerello is a really smart coach. We all know that, and I'm sure you come up with ways to combat that. But I reckon Tommy. Come if Tommy's eighty percent fit, now they're a completely different team because he just infuses that entire side with faith, with confidence and faith in their own.
Speaker 2: Just he just lives more faith.
Speaker 1: Yeah, more so, you know, I think I reckon Tommy might make the difference. That's all you get through the game.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I agree with you. I think it's going to be one of course. Yeah, I'm going to go backwards and forwards on this all week.
Speaker 1: I can't point no sitting on the fan making declarations.
Speaker 2: I've made it. I think privately I'll go back to flip flip.
Speaker 3: Flop party in Belmore after the game.
Speaker 1: You might have to put a bull of jersey on.
Speaker 3: I'm not making any.
Speaker 2: The horns love the carry on great and that smells a.
Speaker 1: Bit that jersey. What are you watching? What do you go on? What? What's on this week? What are you watching?
Speaker 2: I've been watching. It came out a couple of years ago, but it's an ESPN documentary of thirty for thirty.
Speaker 1: They're so good.
Speaker 2: That so good. I love them. But I've been watching one on Michael Vick.
Speaker 3: So he was a plus.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he was an NFL quarterback who was just outstand like about standing, brilliant, brilliant, kit He was the first draft pick back in I can't remember what year that was, m Yeah, and it was early two thousands, could have been late nineties. So I've watched part one of it. I'm going to watch part two tonight and just how his life unravels. We had a really rough upbringing and then just got was the first draft picked and got all these you know, hundreds of millions of dollars essentially, and then had all of these friends kind of follow him to at Lana and they just all lived in his house. And yeah, he ended up doing jail.
Speaker 1: Time, was breeding dogs for Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he had this house in Atlanta where all these all of his childhood friends and friends of their friends and everyone just all lived. They would deal drugs, they would do whatever in there. He was obviously off playing, and he was just kind of like provide, like providing the money for it, because he was just like the meal ticket out of their terrible life.
Speaker 1: He was such a good play he like changed the game he was.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it was like a running back. Yeah, and then so he just.
Speaker 1: Now there's running quarterbacks everywhere. Yeah, it's genius. What about you?
Speaker 2: I recommend I think it's true. I think it's true.
Speaker 1: What have you got, Tyson?
Speaker 3: Anything watching The Crow? The movie The Crow is that the old movie had old movie with Bruce Lee Son Brendanly.
Speaker 2: Yes, it's a very good to stumble on this.
Speaker 1: This come about.
Speaker 3: I don't know you on the lounge. One night, I said, I want watch The Crow.
Speaker 1: Had you heard of the Crow? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Yeah, well there is used to be a pretty big wrestling fan and for people that they sting the wrestler just like the Crow. So yeah, like i'd heard of it, and I heard it was a good movie. I heard the sequels and great. Yeah, I've just been caught. Some of us have to work, you know, and we can't be watching TV all the time.
Speaker 2: We can't say Enter L three sixty, or we can't say, you know, Friday Night foot all the time.
Speaker 3: So yeah, that's that. That's been my I guess the two and a half hours I had to myself I watched last week.
Speaker 1: You know, I've been watching watching, I've been watching The Voice. Watched The Voice. I love those shows. I did.
Speaker 3: I think.
Speaker 1: Those shows and people come on and yeah they've got a sad story and then they sing and the chairs turn and I just say.
Speaker 3: They don't get it. Like you never see him progress from the Voice. That's the problem.
Speaker 1: Occasionally someone someone did once there was a few can't we've got on this. He's a judge, one of the judges, the judges. Yeah, Lian Rawan Rawan, Yeah, she's on, She's a jug And what's that guy? I think he won the American American Idol Lambert and Lambert's the other guy had a little attention. But yeah, I quite like that. I quite like the voice. I fancy myself was a bit of a singer.
Speaker 2: You think it.
Speaker 1: Maybe one day of retirement, I might go on. Yeah, I might get up in the morning and I ain't got nothing saved bit of the fans. Anyway, that's a horrible note show on. Thanks for joining us. Stay tuned all this week for the finals news and we'll catch you on Thursday. I guess I'm Darly Telegraph and the podcast. Thanks very much.