Speaker 1: Kasimer said, here's some of the best bets from Jason Loen while we're on break.
Speaker 2: I'm like, you lost and we like to think we know a lot about everything, but we know a little bit about a lot of things. Yeah, I think is the safe, safe way to put it.
Speaker 3: If you don't know, make it up exactly.
Speaker 4: I reckon that's what you do best.
Speaker 2: Remember it was only a little while back we were talking about how they build tunnels.
Speaker 5: Oh yeah, what happens with the tunnel that they built between the UK and France? Is that just floating in the ocean because it doesn't go under the under the depths of the ocean.
Speaker 4: I think it's floating.
Speaker 3: I think it's floating.
Speaker 4: Too, Tim, you work on tunnels.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you actually dig through the ground through regardless of.
Speaker 3: Where you are under the water, under the water, under the water, because it.
Speaker 4: Was ridiculous to suggest so it goes under.
Speaker 3: When you're talking England to Calais in France.
Speaker 4: Still go under. They still wonder they go.
Speaker 5: That's a big Someone sent me an article the other day saying they're making a floating one that floats through the water.
Speaker 3: Was that an April Fools joke?
Speaker 4: Possibly? Remember you thought they were putting swimming pools on the A three eighty two.
Speaker 3: That was an April Fools joke and it got me a few.
Speaker 2: There were divers in the Sydney Harbor Tunnel the other day laying new Internet cables, like in the bottom of the bottom.
Speaker 4: Of the harbor. Wow, and you're just snorkeling and coming across the.
Speaker 3: Cable underwater cut That.
Speaker 1: Scary.
Speaker 3: What's happening in the middle of the earth, isn't it.
Speaker 4: It's like cordless phone.
Speaker 2: Surely were past cables anyway from the tunnels. To remember, we're talking about flat tires and spare wheels on cars, and you were blown away to find out that cars have spare tires.
Speaker 5: You know there was something under the boots, yes, didn't know that there's a whole world under there of like little accessories and things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yah, jacks and spanners and all that. Jack. No, it's a jeesus.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 5: I had a flat tire and someone suggested there might be one under the boot. Well, then I opened the tools.
Speaker 4: Is a toolbox some safety equipment?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 4: Yeah? I've got a high visit but I do too.
Speaker 5: I don't know how to put it on.
Speaker 4: Wid sinuals. Very flash.
Speaker 3: There's a whole world under.
Speaker 4: The bo what's the bit you've got those colored torches?
Speaker 2: Like when they bring planes here if you break down on the minor, I probably do.
Speaker 4: Here.
Speaker 2: Sticking with cars, there's something we're discussing the other week and you were like, that is not a thing.
Speaker 4: Enjoying this segment.
Speaker 3: I don't think you can buy tire claps. You can, absolutely only the sheriffs have them.
Speaker 4: No, you can buy them, can you?
Speaker 3: I don't think what you just got around clamping people's tires?
Speaker 4: Will you wheel clamp? What do you need that for?
Speaker 5: I told you, Unless you the sheriff, why should anyone that should be illegal?
Speaker 3: That's not funny. Imagin if someone clamped your someone.
Speaker 5: Clamped your eye, someone clamped your.
Speaker 4: Guess what I bought the other day?
Speaker 3: Did you put that on my car?
Speaker 4: You've been clamped, Jason, or you're parking illegally. It's a very dodgy park. I mean, look, look how the lines just morning.
Speaker 3: That's the outfit you're wearing right now.
Speaker 4: You're clamped.
Speaker 3: You arrived at the same time as me. When did you have time to.
Speaker 4: Do that last ad break?
Speaker 3: That's so annoying. How do you get it off? You need a pass, that's a great question.
Speaker 4: How do you get it off?
Speaker 5: That is you know what that car lives there now?
Speaker 3: Anyone want to sponsor me?
Speaker 4: And a jerry can of fuel and a lighter?
Speaker 5: Anyone want to give me a car because mine's broken? Your I just got a new tie.
Speaker 4: You said you couldn't. You said you couldn't bloody.
Speaker 3: Get use and I said it should be illegal.
Speaker 4: You can get him down at super cheap.
Speaker 5: You can't just go clamping people. Why are they selling them? You can't clamp people's tires willy.
Speaker 2: Nilly in the events of a situation where you're happy to be working on a breakfast show and you want to clamp your co host tire.
Speaker 4: That's why they sell them.
Speaker 3: My tires got clamped outside Uni Ones.
Speaker 4: I asked the question, my sense we're about to go on an incredible adventure. We are indeed climp.
Speaker 3: I hate you both.
Speaker 4: You asked before, how do you get it off?
Speaker 5: Well, once I had them clamped outside Unich, so I had unpaid parking fines in like two thousand and six years ago, and.
Speaker 3: It was a clamp that the sheriff put on and you had to pull it down.
Speaker 5: And I couldn't pull it down because a car had parked too close to me and I had to go to a lunch, so I left the car the and the police drove me to lunch.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well the cops aren't coming today. That clamp is on there on there is only does that have a key?
Speaker 3: Funny enough, don't have you hid inen the key doing this?
Speaker 4: It does have a key.
Speaker 3: Someone called my dad.
Speaker 4: Do you want to know where that key? There's the key? I'll tell you next.
Speaker 2: Interesting morning. We've proven Lauren wrong. We were chatting earlier. You made now landish claim about something you didn't think you could buy in the shops.
Speaker 3: I don't think you could buy tire claps. You can, absolutely only the sheriffs have them.
Speaker 4: No, you can buy them, can you?
Speaker 3: I don't think what your just got around clamping people's tires?
Speaker 4: Will he wheel clamp?
Speaker 3: What do you need that for?
Speaker 4: I told you, bless you the sheriff.
Speaker 3: Why should anyone that should be illegal? That's not funny.
Speaker 5: Imagin if someone clamped your someone clamped your eye. See when Laura binding citizens now happened. Nepaul we call him mall cop because he is a stickler.
Speaker 4: I've seen this on a current affair, neighbors clamping each other's time. Well, it happened here in the Nova car park ten minutes ago.
Speaker 3: Did you put that on my car?
Speaker 4: You've been clamped.
Speaker 3: Jason. Guys, that's so annoying.
Speaker 4: You should have heard what she said in the ad. Should it wasn't.
Speaker 2: Jason, swe The money is falling out the top of that this morning.
Speaker 4: You can't.
Speaker 2: I'm not one to prove you wrong, but I just had a lot of d MS people saying here's a link we can buy a wheel car.
Speaker 3: Thanks everyone, I really appreciate your support.
Speaker 2: Well, to be fair, I think it's good we get her off the roads temporarily.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, you know what I mean. Just give the roads a respite. Hey, you're the first.
Speaker 5: You do buy me your bike, You're the first. I'm not riding a bike if it's cold.
Speaker 2: Can you drop this meal off to someone on the way? You're the first to Parking is not your strong point.
Speaker 4: In fact, you had a good No. You've got history of parking fines.
Speaker 5: Parking fines and parking reading signs.
Speaker 4: What was your mentality one day you had to go to the hairdressers.
Speaker 3: I remember that was a private conversation.
Speaker 2: Can you can you explain to Melbourne?
Speaker 4: Ho are you justify girl?
Speaker 3: Math?
Speaker 5: So my beautiful hairdresser does a good haircut. Shout out uber clon anyone who goes there, marieover, we love you. It's a nightmare to park around there, isn't it. But she does me a discount when I get my hair done. Everyone knows chicks hairs. Hairs cost a lot. And so sometimes I'm running late and it's park out front. It's one hour, I'm there for three and I get fine, which is like eighty bugs. But I get more than an eighty dollars discount the hair, So I'm sing.
Speaker 4: On top it's pretty much like they've got valet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then I don't have to walk to the other car park where I would have to park, and I don't. Most of the time I park in the car park. But sometimes if I'm running late, I'm like, well, it's kind of word.
Speaker 4: Sometimes you can't drive home because I don't want.
Speaker 5: My blos Well, oh yeah, I've had to catch anoo behind. Remember a couple of times because she says wine on Thursday and Fraudaine Norich.
Speaker 4: I had to drive Lauren to the chemist. I just park there. I'm like, that's the end.
Speaker 3: I'm not good at reading. I'm not a details person.
Speaker 4: You don't have lights and sirens.
Speaker 5: I'm not a details person. Well, I would say, is a good way to.
Speaker 4: Do you a good problem solver?
Speaker 3: Not really.
Speaker 5: My way of solving a problem is that that car now lives in the basement.
Speaker 4: No it doesn't.
Speaker 5: And I'll have to take Paul's car. Or can someone call Lexus of Blackburn? They sponsored our show once. They they'll they'll flick me a car because mine's broken.
Speaker 4: Lauren. The wheel clamps on. It comes with a key. Would you like the key to the car?
Speaker 3: Of course I do, Okay, get it?
Speaker 5: Just chill, just put it on because I just got I just popped my tie last week and just got a new one.
Speaker 3: And if you've popped my tier.
Speaker 2: Against cool, just chill out, mate, bringing the key.
Speaker 3: What you froze.
Speaker 1: That's a lot?
Speaker 4: I froze it in a block of ice?
Speaker 5: Wow?
Speaker 4: And not a block that you put in a drink. That's a big block of ice.
Speaker 3: That's a tub of ice.
Speaker 4: Clint scale of under ten. How proud are you of?
Speaker 3: Where is I can't even see.
Speaker 4: Hang on, hanging, hang just just drop it. Hang on, everyone quiet for a sect dropping.
Speaker 3: I go through this whole thing and there's no key dropping it on the desk. That's like three leaders. Where is it.
Speaker 4: That's a lot of ice. It's in there. She's picking away.
Speaker 3: With a pen, water going all over the computer.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not ourses.
Speaker 3: It's not in there.
Speaker 5: Like, go through this and it's not in there. I'm never coming, but I'm taking a week off. Everyone be my witness. Someone get the boss on the phone.
Speaker 4: We should have done these years ago. Get Chiseling, drop it, Lauren, get Chiseling. No, that'll go through to smooth. Did a break?
Speaker 5: She's gone, suck in your loser.
Speaker 3: I'm going to put these ice in your car, on your car seat.
Speaker 2: We love chatting with experts on this show, and this lady is one of them. She is a mum of two and she is astrays first female astronaut.
Speaker 4: The Experts with Jason Lauren your vessel specialists who specialize in very special things.
Speaker 1: I am Kashan and I'm Australia's first female astronaut.
Speaker 4: Let's hear from the expert Catherine.
Speaker 6: Good morning, dare I say the coolest mum in Australia.
Speaker 1: Thanks for having me on. It's great to be here.
Speaker 5: Oh my gosh, we're so excited. I am fascinated and equally terrified about space.
Speaker 3: What terrifies you about space? Are they aliens?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Jesus here.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I think they walk among us, but you know I don't think that they do.
Speaker 4: Please don't encourage her.
Speaker 6: So you are a fully qualified astronaut who, and do I get this right? Is now literally just waiting for assignment.
Speaker 1: Basically, So once you finished the basic astronaut training like I just did, you can call yourself an astronaut, so that means you're ready for assignment to the International Space Station or the Moon. Is a professional government astronaut. There's about one hundred of us that are active globally, which is pretty amazing. But I've entered what's called pre mission assignment phase, which is where you keep your training up, you keep fit and healthy, you get out into schools and you know, inspire kids into STEM careers and you have.
Speaker 3: A day job.
Speaker 1: And my day job will be back at the Australian Space Agency using my space engineering skills.
Speaker 5: Would you have any idea where you're going like, do you go somewhere or do you just fly around in space?
Speaker 1: The main destination for astronauts today in space is called the International Space Station. It's a huge space station. It's the size of a football field. Usually there's seven or more astronauts on it at any time, and it's full of scientific labs basically to look at medicine and biotech, materials, sciences, biology.
Speaker 3: And all sorts.
Speaker 5: So this might be a dumb question, but we know on like rocket ships, we see the astronauts floating around and the zero gravity on the space station. Is that the same situation? And when you sleep, are you just floating around in your sleep or are you like strapped onto a bed or.
Speaker 1: All not dumb, So basically, yeah, you're floating around the whole time you're up there. And it's part of the training that we did to get used to that. So we went in zero G planes to learn how to maneuver around and not bump into everything or try and swim which doesn't work but you feel like it should, and kick someone in the face.
Speaker 4: Then basically.
Speaker 3: I heard you saying you're in like a phone box bed.
Speaker 1: Well, basically, if you're up there for more than a month, you get sort of like this mini raiments about the size if you know the old school phone boxes, and when you sleep in there, you are potentially floating freely. Some astronauts like they really struggle to sleep that way, so they'll jam themselves into a corner, you know how like a heavy blanket. Wow, these people down Being in space is like the opposite, like your body isn't touching anything. So people will bring like elastics to try and get that feeling of being like held in.
Speaker 4: Lour enough to get the way to blanket. I got it from Adairs. You have to take that.
Speaker 1: It's weightless in space, right, how does that?
Speaker 4: God? Can I ask an immature question?
Speaker 5: I know what you're going to ask. I can read your mind right now. Everything about the bathrooms.
Speaker 2: Like like you said, this zero gravity, like is there a chance you know, like these there could just be a rogue poof floating in the air, Like how is like how does the bathroom situation work?
Speaker 1: There's so much curiosity about this in Australia. It's really fascinating. Well actually, yeah, for parts of things like the spacewalks, you wear a nappy like an adult diaper, and actually these diapers have gone into developing diapers and hospitals and stuff on it.
Speaker 3: Right, great spin out there, but yeah, there are space toilets. Of course, you're up there for a while and the space space kind of like yeah, like, so the.
Speaker 1: Urines recycled, so yesterday's coffee is tomorrow's coffee. They become shooting stars burning up in the atmosphere and you kind of the toilet looks a bit like a nappy bin, like you kind of poop into a plastic bag and then it goes eventually burns up. Having a romantic moment looking at a shooting star. It might not as be as romantic.
Speaker 3: Well what speaking of n.
Speaker 1: Well, officially it's never happened, and we never got to that topic in our astronaut training process.
Speaker 3: And maybe it didn't come up a future topic for me.
Speaker 5: Yeah, guys, we've all been on SpaceX.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we've all been on school trips and work trips. Come, I really do need the weighted blanket for that.
Speaker 5: You guys there for a long time, and just quickly, can I ask how many Australian astronauts are there.
Speaker 1: There's never been anyone representing Australia before, so I've got the honor being the first to be back by Australia, which is incredible. What it means is that you know, even during the training, and even more should it progress, is that more Australians can be involved, so as signedists, our engineers, our doctors, our kids in their schools.
Speaker 3: But yeah, now it's it's a new world.
Speaker 1: We have an Australian Space Agency, so let's see what the future holds.
Speaker 4: She's the first so cool.
Speaker 2: Australian woman to become a fully fledged astronaut and she's got a pretty cool social handle as well. Ossie astro Catherine, love that, Love that. Hey, thank you so much for joining us this morning. This has been a real insight. We've really enjoyed it having fun.
Speaker 3: Next time from space On.
Speaker 4: If you go up there, you shoot us a text. We'd love to check in.
Speaker 3: Sounds awesome. We'll be looking out for the shooting stars.
Speaker 4: No, we won't gonna be.
Speaker 5: A good Jason Lauren Jason Lauren wake Up feeling Good on Noverer one hundred. Jason Lauren Bollybroom on Socials