Speaker 1: Lately, General Man, welcome to the late Debates.
Speaker 2: Well, great to have your company on the Late Debate. James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond. We all know climate catastrophists want us to eat meat grown in a lab, but it's going to get worse. They want us to eat butter, milk and cheese grown in a lab as well. We'll talk about that a little later if we can bear it. Plus, when we look at the papers, Queensland labor on track to record their worst vote in one hundred and thirty one years come the October election, and the Department of Defense and Veterans Affairs accused of ignoring concerns about soldiers who've been exposed to brain injuries because of explosions. But first, Joe Biden, interviewed yesterday, said there is only one reason he would ever consider dropping out of the US presidential race.
Speaker 3: Is there anything that you would look to you personally, not anybody else, not other pundits, not even perhaps family members that you would look to to say, if I see that, I will reevaluate.
Speaker 4: If some medical condition it emerged, if somebody, if doctors came to me said you got this problem.
Speaker 5: That problem.
Speaker 2: Well, the Lord works in mysterious ways, because just twenty four hours later, Lo and behold, I was just on the.
Speaker 6: Phone with President Biden and he shared his deep disappointment at not being able to join us this afternoon. He just tested positive for COVID.
Speaker 2: Now, this shock diagnosis came at the same time that Nancy Pelosi shared data showing he would be smashed by Trump in a November election, and longtime supporter Chuck Schumer reportedly advised him he needs to step aside. All of a sudden, he's got COVID. But the COVID wasn't so bad that he couldn't breathe all over restaurant patrons and his own secret service. You tell Joe Biden is a one man super spreaders.
Speaker 7: These are live images of predident Biden in Las Vegas?
Speaker 1: Are you so?
Speaker 7: I'm just sort of giving the thumbs upright there? So again, he has tested positive for COVID.
Speaker 1: They say he.
Speaker 7: Had a running nose, that he was not feeling well early today. Oh and he's gone up those steps. It looks like he paused there just a moment, didn't it.
Speaker 2: Calebin Liz. It's all just a little too convenient, isn't it.
Speaker 5: Where's his musk? Joe much gone? Joe, Seriously, what's going on? He does not have COVID. I do not believe that Joe Biden has COVID. This is the equivalent of when we talk about euthanasia, people talk about dying with dignity. This is killing his with dignity because he's already set it up. He said, if the doctor says that I should should get out of the race, that's the one thing that causes me to get out of the race. He now goes off for a week. He comes back in a week. The doctors have told me that I'm poorly and that I cannot campaign to the fullness of my ability. Therefore I have to drop out. I'm convinced that's what's going on here, because why was he getting roud? So that restaurant footage was like just before it was announced that he had COVID. So he's in an enclosed space, shaking hands, breathing all over people. Right, So did he wake up in the morning and go, ah, feel a bit off, but it's okay. I'm going to go out and campaign and then later today I'll tell people I have COVID or did he not have COVID And then they just sort of dropped that one out of nowhere. And then you see the footage of him going up well barely going up the stairs onto the plane there, and that's you know, you could argue he's either got the worst case of COVID ever.
Speaker 1: You know, now that's just normal stare climbing.
Speaker 5: Well, it's normal stair climbing for batter I don't think he has COVID.
Speaker 2: It's all calculated absolutely. I mean, he's going to drop out, not because of his terrible debate performance, not because of the polls. He's going to do it for the good of the country because he must defeat tradical condition campaign.
Speaker 1: Medical condition, because Alzheimer's in Parkinson's wasn't enough of a medical condition for him to resign gracefully. But check out the lovies on CSNBC, Joy Reid and Jim Saki saying, well, hang in a minute, if Biden pulls up from this, then he's just as triumphant as Trump is after surviving a bullet. Check it out.
Speaker 8: Donald Trump is an elderly man who, for whatever reason, was given nine seconds to take a iconic photo ap during an active shooter of that situation.
Speaker 5: Weird situation.
Speaker 2: We'll figure that out one day.
Speaker 8: But his survival of that and bouncing right back and going right to his convention is being conveyed in the media world as a sign of strength. This current president of the United States is eighty one years old and has COVID. Should he be fine in a couple of days? Doesn't that convey exactly the same thing that he's strong enough older than Trump to have gotten something that used to really be fatal to people his age. So if he does fine out of it and comes back and is able to do rallies, isn't that exactly the same Do me a favor.
Speaker 1: Trump survives a bullet and it doesn't take him out. Biden has been stopped by a virus, and they would have you believe, oh well, Sang sang, apples and apples. Of course, the internet wasted no time in meming this up to the max, putting Biden's head on what was Trump's iconic photo with instead of the American flag waving in the background, the LGBTQ flag. I've beat COVID, therefore I two and pumping my fist in victory and everyone should respect me just as much. But of course the two camps now are chalk and cheese. You've got the Republicans. I've never seen them this united. This is the most united Republican National Conference you've ever seen. They are all rallying behind Trump, zero division, everyone's just glad he's alive. Even his former haters are taking the stage at the RNC to say, I give this man my full endorsement. Meanwhile, you've got the Democrats, who one by one in the previous weeks have been saying, we're actually begging our leader to resign. I mean, there is no apples compared with apples. As much as MSNBC is obviously trying to appeal to the lowest common dominator America, he's a similar hero if he survives COVID. It's just not working, and the polls show that loud and clear.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine the Democratic Convention with Biden. I mean, everyone's going to be waiting for him to die mid speech. But they definitely need something to change things up because the Republicans have got all the momentum. They can't go with Biden. They need something completely different that's going to invigorate support going to generate interest and talk.
Speaker 5: Trouble is, I don't think they will get something completely different. They'll probably get Kamala Harris. And the problem for the Dems at the moment is that why would you, if you're someone of talent within the Dems, why would you want to put yourself up to run against Trump? Right now? You would feel like you're literally just a lamb to the slaughter. I'm going to be sacrificed here for the good of the party. You don't really want to do that. You don't want to burn gas you have in the tank that you could then spend in twenty twenty eight, when, of course Trump won't be part of the equation anymore. So I think you do just end up with Kamala. And I know when Dan Tomorrow was talking about before on PML that Kamala probably will play better with suburban women and some demographics. But that doesn't mean that she makes up enough to go and beat Donald Trump. But how desperate are they to be running lines like Joe Biden beating COVID, a virus that has a survival rate of somewhere around ninety nine percent, And I know it gets worse as you get on. But a virus with a survival rate of about ninety nine percent is equal to a bloke who nearly copped a bullet in the head. He is a hero if he gets up in a week's time and is like, I beat COVID. I mean, I just thought that was a thing that people did in normal life. Right, well done, Joe, Oh you'd a shnookems you did such a good job. Like It's got scenes of Jill after the debate where she went on stage and was like, you answered all the questions, you had all the answers, like your beat COVID buddy?
Speaker 2: Who I mean Donald Trump took a bullet for the country and Joe Biden took a sneeze for the country that same.
Speaker 1: Same I could barely tell the difference. Well you can tell the difference, though, is watching this man either get upstairs or get downstairs? Here he is also after the COVID announcement, the president is very sick. Everyone read alert. He's disembarking Air Force one. In this footage at one point he stops and kind of goes goys, no hands. I mean, it's it's just incredible. You can see he is struggling, kind of pretending to be waving to crowds that aren't there.
Speaker 2: It's two steps at a time, and then he pauses to catch his breath.
Speaker 1: No heads, as he's just disembarking the plane's there's nobody there. And watching him struggle in this footage just to get into the car as a human being watching a fellow human being, that in and of itself is painful. He's got to try quite a few times just to heave himself up into the car.
Speaker 2: And this is the problem they've got this footage here, compared to Trump being hit by a bullet and then immediately standing to his feet and thrusting his fist into the air. I mean, you could not get two more completely different men, and no one who's got COVID. He's got long COVID. He will survive, but his campaign will not.
Speaker 5: I'll tell you what. If he's got COVID, he's got the worst case of COVID.
Speaker 1: But again, like you say it, no mask So if you have COVID, play the part, at least masker.
Speaker 5: It's done.
Speaker 1: We're supposed to take your claim seriously. At least put on the one piece of paraphernalia. That announces to everyone. Yes, I'm sick at the moment, and I'm doing my best not to spread this respiratory virus. Let's revisit the Director of the Secret Service now shell we because of course she's been under fire for the fact that the assassination attempt was so successful until it wasn't. Yesterday she said, oh it was. We couldn't put Secret Service on the roof that the shooter climbed onto because it was a sloped surface. We then showed you a lot of footage of different Secret Surface on very sloped surfaces. Most roofs are slope services. Director of the Secret Service, well, today it has come to light that yes, indeed, the Secret Service did know of the whereabouts of the shooter quite a while before he pulled the trigger. Check out this timeline published by ABC. This apparently is their own timeline according to the FBI director, his deputy director, and the head of the Secret Service. According to their own notes, Crooks was identified as a person of interest a full sixty two minutes before the shooting took place. How many times have I said, they knew he was on the roof, they knew he had a rifle. One of the cops even went up there and said, hey, mate, what are you doing up here on the roof with a rifle, at which point the shooter trained the rifle on the cop. There is absolutely no claim. They're not even trying to make you believe anymore that the Secret Service did not know this shooter was there. They knew his intentions, they knew his whereabouts. And how else can anybody explain the fact that between him pulling the trigger on the first shot, he was just twenty six seconds later he was dead. They'd shot him in the head.
Speaker 5: And in fact, they now saw that the photograph that we had all been looking at of those Secret Service agents who were stationed on a slope roof behind the President that we all thought were the ones that had shot him in the head, were not the ones that had shot him in the head. There were actually four different sets of snipers they had, and it wasn't them. They haven't yet told us which ones actually took him out, though, But I can't get over Kim Cheatle, the head of the Secret Service, took herself down today to the Republican National Convention.
Speaker 1: You was the one place he would not show your face right now.
Speaker 5: Why would you do that right? Like that's literally saying come at me, guys, And well, that is exactly what they did.
Speaker 9: You the past.
Speaker 5: And you are around the president, the President of Protection to the Climate. I mean, she's an incompetent leader of the Secret Service and clearly has very little brains left whatsoever to think that it would be a good idea to rock up to the RNC today that she wasn't going to get some sort of reception like that. And we showed you that timeline before of the shooter's arrival and the fact that people knew he was there. Take a look at this vision. This is vision out of the US or the shooter there following this timeline. It's been filmed. They knew he was there, and yet nothing was done.
Speaker 10: The man who captured it all not wanting to show his face on camera.
Speaker 1: He says he was.
Speaker 10: Trying to capture the crowd and take it all in. But if you take a closer look, you'll notice someone in the background. The timestamp is five oh six and the video appears to show twenty year old time as crooks working near a building just past the secure parameters of the event itself. As a video pans to the crowd. You'll notice law enforcement vehicles stationed in the area, as well as the camera moves back towards the building. Crooks appears to be seen again blank and you may miss it, but it likely shows Crooks was in the area for more than an hour before the shots were fired.
Speaker 5: I mean, calm on, this is ridiculous.
Speaker 1: So you're coming round to my hypothesis now. Could not have happened without helped that it was in fact allowed to happen. There is no other explanation a reasonable person can reach. Once you add up all the facts and figures, there's simply no other rational explanation.
Speaker 2: It's even worse than we explained because on that timeline of mistakes and mishaps by the Secret Service, we said that he was spotted with a rangefinder, which everyone knows is used by hunters to termined distance for shooting. He wasn't just spotted with that. He went through a metal detector and they found it on him but allowed him to continue in kept an eye on him. But then when he left the secured area, and of course the building he shot Trump from was outside the secured area, they sort of lost track of him and then ten minutes before Trump got up to speak, they were on him again, regarding him not just as suspicious but as a threat, which begs the question why was Trump ever allowed to get up to speak? The Secret Service director at Chettel she had better protection from the Secret Service at the Republican convention than Trump had at his rally. And in that vision we saw where she's being chased. We didn't quite show the end of that, but she actually goes into the women's toilets to avoid being chased by the Republican politicians. So well, that was her refuged.
Speaker 5: Well, she was able to do that because she was at one place where they would actually have women's toilets and that only women would be allowed to go into them.
Speaker 1: Suddenly at Republican.
Speaker 5: After a national convention. But you cannot deny that these sticks, It just absolutely sticks. Now from what angle that might have came, who knows whether, because you know, it's been really weird. Obviously you've had the a lot of dims, and even in that clip we played earlier of joy Read, she sort of suggests, you know, why was he was allowed? Trump that being was was allowed to stand up for nine seconds and show his fist when there was an active shooter situation, by which she is suggesting that the whole thing was a set up, I said, to benefit Donald Trump. But you have to ask the question when you have not just one, not just two, not just three, not just four, not just five, not just I mean, we're talking about dozens of such obvious missteps and mistakes here. Surely you'll forgive some of them, but it cannot all be a coincidence. Something is dodgy here, who it was from, who knows, But it raises so many questions, and.
Speaker 1: Their bullshiness is something that should be paid attention to because all of them know. Like I said last night, I can't believe no one's head has rolled. No, there's been no resignation, no firing, even though this has been such an abject failure on every level. Why because they know that unless Trump wins in November, there will be no consequences. There will be no consequences. If he wins, of course, then he can pursue what on earth happened here. Right now is busy on the campaign trail, but as president of the United States, he'll be able to seek very serious investigators onto what actually occurred, and let's not forget how close this man came to losing his life. Check out the angle. All sorts of AI have gone to town on this, just showing the rate at which he turned his head. That saw instead of a bulls eye through his skull, he lost a bit of his ear. That is how close he came to losing his life had he not turned around. To refer to a chart regarding the amount of illegal immigration that has occurred on the watch of the Biden administration, this one they were using AI, using the video that they had of him to show the angle, the tilt of his head, and how it actually saved his life. All of us can't wait for more details to come out, because it's just going from bad to worse and becoming more and more obvious. This was some kind of a stitch up. How big the stitch up was, who knows, but I believe time will tell.
Speaker 5: I'm just so glad to be living in a timeline where we get to look at things like this and talk about them on TV every night. I think I said this last night. You literally couldn't script this stuff. It is so damn good. Now, of course, Biden, we know a supposed has COVID, so he's out of the way for a little while. But his campaign put out a new ad today. They decided that the way to go after Trump is to talk about abortion. Now they're basing a lot of this, not only on Trump himself, because of course Trump has previously said that it should be left up to the states, and that's a position I agree with. It is a federation in which states ought to have the independence to make their own policy and legislative decisions. Whereas his VP pick jd Vance has opened up the idea before this is previous to him being appointed as Trump's VP pick, that perhaps there should be some kind of national rule. Well, they've decided that's the thing they're going to go after. Now this is the new ad.
Speaker 11: When roe v Wade was overturned, immediately I just thought about being twelve. And first thing I was told to you when I saw that positive pregnancy test.
Speaker 1: Was you have options.
Speaker 11: And you know, if roev Wade would have been a return sooner, I wouldn't have heard that. And then it had me thinking that there's someone who doesn't get to hear that. Now, girls like me across the country are suffering their futures are being ripped away.
Speaker 1: Trump and JD. Vance don't care about women.
Speaker 11: They don't care about girls in this situation.
Speaker 5: But hang on a minute. Trump has not called for Trump, the man who's running for president, has not called for a nationwide ban on abortion. He's ruled that out. He's just said that it should be left up to the states. So the choice still exists. You're never going to have every state of the United States having a ban on abortion. It will continue to exist in the United States forever more. And they set it up as this argument of well, it means that Trump and JD. Vans don't care about women. When did we get to the point that they don't care about women? Because Trump's perspective is that it should be up to states to make their own decisions about their own law.
Speaker 2: You sound surprised that the Democrats tell lies and manipulate. Not surprise, I mean the ad they use the most extreme example. You can imagine, a girl is raped by her father and gets pregnant to her dad at age twelve, and then they say this is happening to girls all across the country, which clearly is an exaggeration. Then they imply that there is a certain group of people who happen to believe a baby in the womb is a human life, and they have zero sympathy for someone in that situation, to the point where they actually don't even care about that girl or anything that happens to her. And this is how we got to the situation in the first place, where we've got a presidential candidate shot in the head. This demonizing of anyone who disagrees on a policy issue or has a different worldview. Therefore you must be evil, you must hate people, and therefore you are somehow the other. And the Democrats are just continuing down this same line, which shows you know, Trump's changed his demeanor in his attitude since the assassination attempt. The Democrats have changed nothing. They're continuing down the same street that got us the violence on Saturday.
Speaker 1: Yeah, of lies, manipulation. This, as you rightly explain, this is based on a complete lie. It's simply not true. If that girl were to be in the same situation tomorrow or somebody else, God forbid, she would also be told you have options. Sadly, girls in such situations are not made aware of the other options available to them, which means that they can give birth to a child and send it on to a very, very loving family. Much like in Australia, the list in America to adopt is extremely long. Everyone has far more options than to kill your child when faced in such a catastrophic situation. I don't deny that, but Donald Trump's campaign isn't even bothering to talk about how bad Biden is anymore. Here's latest ads, simply saying, I am unifying the country, I am fighting for us. I am going to do everything within my power to stick it to the elites here.
Speaker 12: It is the only crime that I've committed is to fearlessly defend our nation from those who seek to destroy it. The more that a broken system tells you that you're wrong, the more certain you should be that you must keep pushing away. They want to take away my freedom, because I will never let them take away your freedom. They want to silence me, because I will never let them silence you.
Speaker 10: They're not coming after me, They're coming after you.
Speaker 5: And I just happen to be standing in their way, and I will never be moving. On November fifth, twenty twenty four, justice will be done.
Speaker 1: We will take back our country, and we.
Speaker 5: Will make America break again.
Speaker 1: Really speaking, is the father of the nation. The Democrats were always like, oh, where the ones unifying Australia and Australia definitely not Australia nor America. But this was their argument, where the unifiers. Trump is the divider. Oh, he's so divisive, and it's looking like the exact opposite. And everyday Americans are waking up to that reality, especially after four years of a Biden administration, and when you watch ads like that and you see Trump pumping his fist in the air and defiance even after being shot seconds earlier, and then you compare him to Biden, who can't get through a single speech nowadays without seriously cringe moments. The choice is pretty clear for every day Americans. Here's Biden speaking recently at the NAACP convention, and you're not going to be able to get through this without either laughing or at least winsing.
Speaker 9: I dare say, Joe, you may not have a Congress. Well, guess what y'all told me. I couldn't pass the Inflation Reduction Act. Y'all told me I couldn't face it anyway, Be Dizney, We're gonna bring rents out. As I said, we're gonna.
Speaker 5: Build two million affordable homes.
Speaker 9: The cap run increases of five percent a year, so corporate landlords can't God anyway, I don't get going. I'm gonna get very upset.
Speaker 1: The full legth actually goes for longer, where some troll on the internet is just throwing through every single part of the speech where he just kind of tape us off, forgets what he's saying, and is like, well, anyway, and most recently in another interview, he couldn't remember the name of his own Minister of Defense.
Speaker 4: It's all about it's all about tuning people in dignity, and it's about making sure that.
Speaker 5: We want coming.
Speaker 4: For example, look at the heat on getting it because I who named in the fans for black man, because of the people I've named.
Speaker 1: Because of the people I've named, I don't remember their names, but I know that they're black, and I.
Speaker 2: Think it's really important to treat people with dignity. And then he forgets his Defense secretary's name and refers to him as the black man. I mean that's not particularly dignified.
Speaker 11: Is it.
Speaker 5: Well, look, I think for Biden it's anyway, No, No, I just going back to the campaign ad that the ad from Trump. I love it so much because it's a return to how political campaigns used to be run, right, And if there's anything good to come out of someone trying to shoot Donald Trump in the head, I think it's that it has reset politics in the United States a little bit and has taken them back to a slightly more conciliatory place because it's made things real.
Speaker 2: It's taken one side back to yes.
Speaker 5: But even if you look at that abortion ad, as full of nonsense as it is, it's not as hard as what you would expect them to be going right now, like you would expect if if Donald had not been shot at there would just be ads NonStop about Donald orrige man bad. They'd still be on the lines about he's a threat to democracy. You're never going to be able to vote again. As Robert de Niro said, all of that has sort of gone away because they know they can't use that so much anymore.
Speaker 2: But they've gone to abortion because abortion is the only other real issue they've got exactly, and even their abortion issue, as you rightly pointed out, is completely.
Speaker 5: As well based on rapids. But we used to campaign. Political campaigns used to be based on this is what I am going to do for you, as opposed to this is why the other side is bad, and we've been very guilty of it in Australia most recently as well. I mean you look at most campaigns since probably about two thousand and four and they've all been based on why the other guy is bad. And you can go to remember those ads of Johnny Howard with his nose coming out as though he were Pinocchio, Who do you trust? Who do you trust? Who do you trust? Then you had the Kevin ruddads of him as a lemon, and you know, on and on it has gone. Whereas once upon a time it was a Hawk campaigning in nineteen eighty eight about let's stick together, let's see it through Joe by Elkia.
Speaker 2: Sorry I got to pick up though the Kevin rudders a lemon.
Speaker 5: That was true? Well yeah, it was sure, sure it was true. But Joby Shenderson campaigning back in the eighties, you know, Joe for Queensland, and it was not about the other sides bad. It's about this is what I am offering you. And that's what Trump is doing in that ad and if we can get back to that style of politics, I will be so happy because it means we can talk about policy as opposed to why someone else is terrible and he should be the point of politic.
Speaker 2: I reckon, Joe Biden has been listening to you, because take a look at this. Biden almost ate Donald Trump's campaign line almost.
Speaker 9: So tonight, I'm asking every American to recommend to make America.
Speaker 5: So make America a great again.
Speaker 2: Fantastic. Well, since we're talking about the political attitudes in Australia, let's talk about a Guardian Essential poll published recently that found three quarters of Australians believe, wait for it, drum roll, MPs enter politics to serve their own interests. Now you would have thought the poll found seventy five percent of Australians reckon politicians are there for their own interests and twenty five percent of Australians completely misunderstood the question So what do you reckon?
Speaker 5: Liz?
Speaker 2: This is absolutely true. I actually think the majority. This is not You're going to criticize me for this and say I'm naive, and I think most people start off with a mission and quite idealistic. Then they become frustrated because they find this is nothing like I thought it would be. There's so much bureaucracy. Then they become cynical, and then they think, well, I might have sort of get something out of it for myself. I think there's a progression. I don't think people go in there to get something initially for themselves. I think most people, all of.
Speaker 1: Them, start right noh you describing someone who starts out as a conviction politician and then rose jaded over the years. Now, that does happen, but they don't all start out bright eyed, bushy tailed, oh dealistic. I just want the best for the nation. If they did, we would be in a much better place than we are now. And that is why cynicism amongst Australians toward politicians is as an all time high. Another part of that poll was basically asking them are you satisfied with Australian politics? Only thirty seven percent said yeah, yeah, we think that actually it's not all that bad. I was surprised that that was that high because when you look at the amount of lies that we're told, when you look at all the corruption that graces our headlines week in week out of Polly's being caught out in outright lives when you look at the policies that they're pushing that we know without being experts, they are going to be detrimental to our country's prosperity, not just for us but for generations to come. Oozzi's are more and more waking up to the fact these guys aren't our friends. They don't even seem on side. And how many times do we have to be lied to by the government before we believe the government is lying to us.
Speaker 5: The people you're talking about, James, I think most of and they do exist, most often come from minor parties or their independents or their people who come from a business background and get parachuted into a safe seek because the party thinks it's good to get someone like that in the high profile exactly, so they go in there.
Speaker 2: But we think the majority of people in major parties are in Therefore.
Speaker 5: I'll get to that Sie, I'll get to that Noes sect. Those people go in there and actually want to achieve something because they've run, particularly on a goal. If you're an independent, you've got something, you want to stand up for your community. There. As a former businessman, you're going in there to get stuff done, because that's what I've done my whole life. But unfortunately, a large portion of the people who make up the major parties, the Liberals, the Nationals, the Labor Party, have worked in politics their whole lives before they go into politics as a politician. They starting university in student politics. And if I can be perfectly frank, anyone who's been involved in student politics should be banned from running for real politics as far as I'm concerned, because what it's not if they.
Speaker 1: Did leave UNI and become business if you.
Speaker 5: Can prove life in the middle take but what it proves about those people is that they were more obsessed with the politics of politics before they got into it than they were with actually achieving goals. So these people started with student politics and university usually go on to become staff They joined the Young Labor or the Young Libs, then they become a staffer in someone's office, then they become a ministerial advisor, and then eventually they get given the seat that they sort of worked for their whole lives. So what they have done their whole lives is work towards their goal of being in politics because of course, politics is show business for ugly people. They didn't go there to change the world. They went there because they're obsessed with the idea of it.
Speaker 1: Have you ever been a member of the lay party of either party? Have you ever been a member of any party?
Speaker 2: If I was, I would not disclose it on national fat that's.
Speaker 1: Fair, but I certainly have for many years. No longer, also for many years, But that that is how it works. The case knows who is in line for every single seat.
Speaker 2: So granted, but do you think that's more the case on the left who typically have been much work experience, whereas in the col and there's far more who have had careers, and yes they've gone into politics early. But could you not make the decision I want to make a difference in this country as an independent, I'm really not going to make any difference at all. So my option really is to join a major party if I want to make a difference.
Speaker 5: Why can't you have that actual But still, if you really wanted to make a difference, you don't find somewhere else to do it. For most people, I think because you can make more difference outside of the team than you can inside the team, and look, sure, sure there may be more people in the Coalition who have business experience behind them, but of course in the Labor Party there are many other ways to get your way there, the union movement for instance, No doubt, right, No, there are so many people in the Coalition who got to Parliament by working their way up through the ranks, starting in an electric and then moving into a ministerial office. That's how it works. We just breed more and more and more of the same people from the same mold who are obsessed with politics, not obsessed with outcomes. And when you have people who are obsessed with politics, they don't care about what the outcome is. They care about the fun that they get to have in Canberra. Now very quickly before we go. I don't know about you, but I feel claustrophobic if I am in a small space. That's why I have insisted on having this studio expanded when I came and joined Sky News, because I didn't want to work in a small studio. And they did it just for you. They did. Indeed, thank you very much to the boss.
Speaker 2: As they you're motivated completely by self interest, that's right.
Speaker 5: I don't hide from that. I'm not politicians about gods are for self interest. I want to get paid, and they have allses and things like this, But how would you like to live in this thing here? Now, it's a pod. I think they call them a tiny apartment, So I'm describing as I don't know, you could call it an apartment. I mean it's literally you can't stand up, and you can't stand it. You crawl into it and you lie down. It's basically a bed with walls around it. They're being rented out in Sydney now for three hundred dollars a week. Three hundred dollars a week for that That is extortionate, But I suppose it proves exactly how bad the housing crisis is that someone is willing to pay three hundred dollars a week for I don't know, a bed and a shared bathroom and a shared living space.
Speaker 2: They should make politicians live in those pods until the housing crisis.
Speaker 5: Now I'm with you, now, I'm.
Speaker 1: With they stayed in one of these, and it's.
Speaker 2: Not that bad you've stayed in one of those.
Speaker 1: Yeah, absolutely, because the whole idea of you're only going in there to sleep, right, And this is in the CBD, so backpack has come. You put your backpack in one of their locked cupboards. It is showered amenities like shared amenities rather if you toilet showers, et cetera. But then you just crawl in here to sleep. You've got your laptop, You've got Wi Fi if you want to watch a movie. I stayed in there for a week, and can I say, in terms of cheap of accommodation, you could do worse.
Speaker 5: You could do worse, But I like rocket around the house with no clothes on in the more. You can't do that in there.
Speaker 1: Well, that's the last AIRB can say.
Speaker 2: Those pods, if they're not successful for accommodation, they could just use them as a cemetery.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 2: That's small. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at the papers. Welcome back. Let's take a look at what's making news in tomorrow's papers. Liz, you've got the Daily Telegraph.
Speaker 1: The police, you indeed, the police are in trouble. Drunk Clock got special treatment from the fourth Say it ain't so. Webb's car crash. A senior police officer who allegedly downed more than twenty standard drinks before crashing his car. Has thrown the New South Wales Police Force into disarray with claims of special treatment, alleged cover ups and a loss of confidence in the upper echelon of the force. This was a high ranking officer known only as ab we don't even get to know their names, allegedly crashed an unmarked police car on the North Connects ramps in May of twenty two twenty three, then fled and it sounds like he obviously hasn't been punished a very fitting way at all. So it just goes to show these guys tasks with the very job to Obviously, if anybody else tried this, they get the full force of the law. Seems to have gotten off very lightly.
Speaker 5: Indeed ab ilyad to believe stands for absolutely blotto, which is.
Speaker 1: What he would have been.
Speaker 5: That's a lot of shit, But I've done that before and I wouldn't have even been able to put the keys in the ignition of the car, let alone operate the bloody thing. But so they've made a number of misconduct fundings against him, which is fair enough. But the coppers themselves, as in the police force, has escaped most of the criticism because after this happened. It's standard practice. Someone gets caught, you know, that far over the limit, they've had twenty standard drinks. Usually they put out a press release and say that, you know, someone had crashed their car at zero point three or whatever the reading was. And having been a police reporter, that's pretty standard to get those sort of press releases. This fellow crashes his car, no thing press release, and the report found that that was not misconduct. I mean, I don't know how it isn't. To be perfectly frank, it sounds like in every respect this bloke got away lightly and in some ways they tried to cover it up. How can you get away with it?
Speaker 1: And Commissioner Karen Webb found out about it straight afterwards and took six months to refer it on is something that maybe maybe we should look into this, Maybe this guy should be investigated. I mean, every time I hear the name Commissioner Karen Webb, it's another catastrophe.
Speaker 5: And by the way, they gave him another car. I mean, look at you, I believe one.
Speaker 1: Do you guys think this is female privilege? Because I think if Karen web was your average male police commissioner, we've seen many of them in the state, she would be gone ski by now. First, there was the tasering of the very elderly grandmother in an old person's home just last year. I mean, I don't want to reel off all her faux pas, but it's a long list and it's a short show. But it strikes me as very strange that she still has her job, Come what may.
Speaker 2: I was talking to police officer recently and I made a joke about Karen Webb, assuming the police officer would share my disdain for the commissioner. And this police officer said to me, actually, she's very well liked amongst the police, maybe because of stuff.
Speaker 5: Like that.
Speaker 1: Get away with murder.
Speaker 2: But this police officer was at pains to point out the public perception of her and the perception of her within the force were two very different things.
Speaker 1: All that matter. Public perception of her as commissioner, You've got a very public role. Sure, members of the force not so much. You're just doing your day to day duty. But someone who is this unpopular as commissioner, I'm just surprised she's still got her job. And I do wonder if it's not just female privilege that she still is New South Wales Commissioner.
Speaker 2: I mean this is a while ago, but do you remember when Christine Nixon in Melbourne. I mean she was at the hairdressers when all sorts of things were going on, and she didn't get a free pass for that.
Speaker 5: No, No, I suspect probably more what's happening is if she's well liked within the force. We know that there are so many problems at the moment with attracting police officers. To drag a police commissioner out of her office and then try and install someone else would probably cause disruption within the force, and that's the last thing that a state government would want at the moment. So they're sort of between a rock and a hard pluss.
Speaker 2: Well, let's go to the Career Mail in Queensland. The front page reads exclusive polling election countdown begins as voters back in Chris a fully King David. The Career Mail has anointed him early King David awaits David Christo fully is on track to become the next Premier of Queensland in one hundred days from today. With an exclusive new poll revealing Labour's primary vote has plunged to its lowest level since before Federation. The LNP have fifty seven percent of the primary vote, Labor just forty three percent. The LMP need fourteen seats to win government, but on current trends they'll pick up twenty three seats, including seven held by current ALP ministers. And this is in spite of the fact that Giggles Miles has actually sort of been doing okay with people recently, and there's polling about a month ago that offered a little bit of encouragement to the Labor Party. So this sort of squashes that. The other interesting thing about this article, which I find difficult to understand, two thirds of people polled said they would vote on promises made in this current election rather than casting judgment on the past nine years. I would have thought the issue or the referendum in this instance would be Labour's performance over nine years have completely stuffed up the state. But people are willing to ignore the last nine years and clean slate would vote on what's being offered right now.
Speaker 1: Maybe that was hard respect that was what Labor was hoping for when Anastasia Palichet was swapped out four miles. That's why parties do this, to be like, oh, look we're a brand new government, all the same people. You've just redistributed the chairs the deck chairs of the Titanic. But this is a ten percent swing away from labor since the last election. I don't think that the Courier mal is being dramatic in saying this could be a generational loss for labor because it looks like they're about to fall off a very steep cliff. And who knows when we'll hear from them again when it comes to Queensland government.
Speaker 5: Send me a packet of tissues. I really need to drive eyes right now. Let's go to the Herald's Sun where it says tomorrow blast faboos and blast it right into my mouth. Thanks. Some alcohol companies have been slammed for a spike in the use of sneaky marketing tactics that exploit health Just drinkers, oh no. A report from the Cancer Council of Victoria found virtue marketing, which highlights of product's nutritional benefits, eco friendliness or plays to a bar's social conscience, has increased in Australia by almost twenty percent in a decade. What are we going to do? I mean, the other day, the Cancer Council in Victoria was telling the state government that they should ban advertisements for fast food from their new metro train network. Now they're saying that alcohol brands should be banned from advertising, for instance, that their beer has twenty percent less carbs than another beer. I don't think someone walks into a bottle shop, well, say your teetotaler, and you're like, wow, bea has less carbs in it. Now I'm going to be a beer drinker. All it means is that if you want to buy beer, you might go we'll a'll opt for the slightly more healthy one hubs in it. I don't know what difference this makes.
Speaker 2: Here, exactly absolutely all right, We're going to go to a break. When we come back. You've heard about meat in a laboratory. What about milk, cheese, butter? All of that in just a moment. Welcome back to our spacious Sky News studio. All thanks to Caleb Bond who put in the special request. Done Caleb, Liz. The world is going to die because of climate change. Is there anything we can do to prevent global boiling?
Speaker 1: We need to cut down on our dairy and meat consumption because it is absolutely ravaging the planet. We all know that agriculture is the number one industry the climate communists have in their site, and who better to help out the world with this than Bill Gates himself. He's got a company called Savor, and he's very about their fake butter, which he claims is, Oh, it tastes like the real thing. Let's hear from the man himself. He says, the process doesn't release any greenhouse gases, and it uses no farmland and less than a thousandth of the water that traditional agriculture does. And most important it this fake butter tastes really good like the real thing because chemically it is. Notice he's not saying that it's got any nutritional value or what it does to the human body. I mean, I am so sick of vegans and the like or vegetarians then just coming up with these fake chemically like, oh, this is a meat substitute, this is a butter substitute. This is some sort of milk. We've squeezed it out of a manot, but we're calling it milk. I mean, these processes are so chemical laden, and then they want you to believe, oh no, this is just as good as the real thing. This is just as good as butter. I think my innerds will know the different.
Speaker 2: There is something even worse than lab made butter, and that is pre prepared meals that have a shelf life of twenty five years. US food wholesaler Costco have produced what they're calling an emergency food bucket. If food bucket should put you off in the first place, it's one hundred and fifty meals that will last twenty five years. People are calling it an apocalypse dinner kit. Will show you an image. There it is. There's the bucket. It contains potato pie, quimi, pasta and vegetables, tiaki, rice, vanilla pudding. You buy it today and you eat it in what would that be twenty forty nine caves.
Speaker 1: Only one hundred and fifty meals in twenty five years.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure about this look. I might even take the bloody fake butter over that to if that can last twenty five years. I'm pretty worried about what the hell is in it. But you know you can pry my butter from my cold dead hands. Have you ever seen a fat French person? They don't exist. You know why because they eat meat and they eat butter, rich fatty food.
Speaker 2: On that note, We're going to go get a snack ustick ground. Coming up is the Readependent Show