Speaker 1: Hi, I'm Britney Saunders and welcome to Big Business. And today you're in one of my bonus episodes.
Speaker 2: We upload these every.
Speaker 1: Wednesday and they're just a little bit of fun. Now I'm going to talk about another influencer. Oh wait, sorry, I just got a code that I need to send to someone.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: This is the realness of the bonus episode, me.
Speaker 1: Getting texts and replying to them. I had someone send me a DM and they said, Anna Paul's marketing strategy?
Speaker 2: Can you talk about it? I absolutely can? And I feel like, Xander, you're not over this.
Speaker 1: No I'm not.
Speaker 3: So this is news to me as well. I'm interested.
Speaker 1: For those of you who don't know Anna Paul is she blew up on TikTok. So she's an Australian influencer TikToker mainly, like I'm sure she's on Instagram too, but she's so so famous on TikTok and that's where she blew up. So she posts vlogs all the time on TikTok. And she also has a skin care brand called Paulie. Now, not one hundred percent sure about this, but I'm pretty sure she owns this in partnership with the guy who also owns James Cosmetics with Emily sky Fit.
Speaker 2: Okay, do you know them? No?
Speaker 1: I could be wrong, but that's a bit of interesting information for you. When it comes to influencer brands, some of them have partners in the business. And I'm pretty sure if any of you know James Cosmetics, Ja y Mees, they're like eyepatches and stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm pretty sure the guy that's behind that is also the guy that's behind Paulie.
Speaker 1: I could be absolutely wrong about that, so don't quote me, but I'm pretty sure I heard that.
Speaker 3: Somebody business the podcast with all the.
Speaker 2: Facts or the lies.
Speaker 1: So smart if that is the way that it is set up, So smart of him. I believe his name's Sam to have teed up with Anna to launch a brand, because her reach is just humongous. She's got millions of followers. I'm just on their website now. I've never purchased anything. I think the demographic for Paulie is a little bit younger, because I know a lot of Anna's followers are younger, like teenagers and early twenties. But they've got all flavor body butters, skincare, moisturizer, masks lip, balms. They've got absolutely everything. And just recently I saw, and this person has asked me, she did some clever marketing on TikTok. I'm not sure if it was also posted on Instagram. By the way, I would love to get that guy on the pod. He could not be involved in Paulie and I could be completely wrong, but I read somewhere that he was anyway, Anna paul has recently done, just in the last couple of weeks on TikTok, this really clever marketing strategy where she purchased a lot of expensive gifts to put in her poorly orders. Very very clever, and I guess this is something that we've kind of done at Fate over the years as well.
Speaker 2: Is really clever little marketing things like this.
Speaker 1: And it's weird when you do something like this because it obviously comes across as extremely generous when you're giving back to your community, you know. I think she was going out and buying designer things. She was going and buying heaps of stuff at Mecca, like I remember seeing like Ermez things, Tiffany things, and she kind of made it this whole series. I haven't watched the whole series I've just saw bits and bobs, but she would say, what do you want in your order kind of thing, and then everyone would comment, and then she'd go to the shop and like buy stuff from the show and then put it feel herself putting them in the orders kind of thing.
Speaker 3: Obviously not every order, this is one here and there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that was a surprise.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and it created so much hype on TikTok. And then following that, you know, now everyone's been waiting for those winners to unbox their poorly orders on TikTok and show them winning the prizes. And I've seen a few of them pop up when they've gotten like the expensive gifts. And so someone wants to know what's my thoughts on it. My thoughts are absolutely genius. It's a way of giving back to your community and it's being generous.
Speaker 2: And at the same time very very clever.
Speaker 1: This is very clever marketing because, and I can speak from my own experience, it makes you, like I'm just gonna say it, it makes you come across that like you're really generous, and which you are, like you're out there spending money on gifts for your community, and it creates so much hype and excitement, and it's clever in the fact that this would have increased her orders by thousands and thousands.
Speaker 3: Yeah, definitely.
Speaker 1: On the backhand of that, there has been I've also seen a lot of comments online of people saying I didn't get one, and then so many people have done unboxings on social media and they're disappointed when they open it.
Speaker 3: Also great marketing though.
Speaker 1: Yes, so like all in all, it's super fucking clever and genius and this is honestly the way that marketing is going.
Speaker 2: It's organic, you know.
Speaker 1: It's her going into the shops and buying the gifts like, it's creating really organic, authentic content and all around it's just pure fucking genius. Like that's all I can say about it. We've done little things like this over years. I can't even think.
Speaker 2: You know what I've seen.
Speaker 3: You put extra clothes in orders.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like you put extra clothes in orders. We've refunded people's orders before. We've done like spinning wheels, where we like spin a wheel and customers win things. And I think if you want to stand out from the rest of the brands, these are the things that you have to do in order to stand out no longer when it comes to promoting your brand online. Is that just you holding up you know her daydream moisturize and going this moisturize is so good you should buy it. Yeah, you know, you've got to think outside the box and think of a way to engage audiences, and audiences are so exhausted when it comes to products and ads and buying stuff. So this is a really great example, and I'm sure this will be used in many businesses meetings, you know, marketing meetings are going to use this as an example of a great way to market your brand and have so many orders come through.
Speaker 2: And every time I see one.
Speaker 1: Of the people on TikTok complaining saying I didn't get one, Like, I haven't seen anyone get one. She would have had what, I don't know how many gifts she ended up doing. It might have been twenty orders, thirty orders. She probably had ten thousand orders come through. Like it's such a small fraction of customers that are going to get a prize, and that's just the way it is. And I feel the same with our giveaway that we're currently doing at Fate where we're giving seven customers a trip with us at the end of October, there's only going to be seven winners and we've had thousands of entries. Wow, And I just already kind of feel that I'm going to disappoint everyone that doesn't win.
Speaker 2: But I think that's just unfortunately a part of it.
Speaker 3: The cookie crumbles, it.
Speaker 2: Is, that's the way the cookie crumbles.
Speaker 1: But I feel that way about us announcing the seven winners at the end of this month, that there's going to be so many people that feel so disappointed, you know. And I can already see, like, our community is awesome, and I'm sure everyone will be so excited for the seven people that do win, but I still can in my mind see some comments being like I've been so dedicated to Fate for so long, you know, Like I could sense those comments being thrown our way, maybe by a couple of people.
Speaker 3: But you're never going to be able to please everyone. No, You're never going to be able to do it. And you know you have such a loyal and positive community that surrounds Fate, but you can't make those individual connections with everyone.
Speaker 2: It's impossible, no, exactly.
Speaker 1: And when we've only got seven winners but thousands of entries like, there's only going to be seven people that are chosen. And I will say a little spoiler for anyone listening that is in the fake community. If you miss out on the giveaway and winning the seven spots, there's still a chance for you to do.
Speaker 2: Something really fun.
Speaker 3: I know what it is.
Speaker 1: There's still a chance for you to do something really fun that you'll probably never do again. And that's all I'm going to say for now. But you will find out just after we've announced the seven winners there's another surprise.
Speaker 3: I might do it too.
Speaker 2: You should.
Speaker 1: But yeah, all in all my thoughts on Anna's recent giveaway, it's absolutely genius. And if you have a business and you have a community already, these are the types of things you need to be thinking of doing. And yes, those prizes would have cost her a lot of money. She spent thousands and thousands of dollars. That's an investment in your business that is marketing. The amount of orders that she would have got out of all those gifts would have paid back those gifts and ten times more. So you've got to look at that in that way kind of thing, the same way where we're doing our Lucky Seven giveaway, and that's costing us thousands and thousands of dollars.
Speaker 2: Like we've already booked the seven hotel rooms.
Speaker 1: For the trip, We're going to be doing flights, food, events, this, that, and the other. Yes, that's costing us a lot of money, and that's money that we are going to pay. But then we are going to get so much out of it. Not only are those seven winners going to be you know, beside themselves with the prize, then we're going to turn that into a marketing strategy. We are going to make so many videos of the.
Speaker 2: Trip when they're here.
Speaker 1: We're going to get content out of it, and that's going to bring us brand awareness.
Speaker 2: Which might get us more orders. Like it all kind of pays.
Speaker 3: There's always going to be people who are like, oh, you're you're just doing it for the marketing, You're just doing it for for blah blah blah. But like also, yes, you're doing it for that, but you're also giving a shit come back to people.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like a lot everything is marketing.
Speaker 1: Yeah, like this whole trip that we're doing, Like and it sounds bad to say, but yes, we're giving back to the community.
Speaker 2: Yes, they're gonna have the time of their lives.
Speaker 1: But yes, it's a marketing strategy, the same way this thing with Anna. Everyone's like, oh, you're so generous Anna. Yes she is, but this is very clever marketing. She's not doing that and not making anything out of it, the same way that we're not going to make nothing out of this trip because it's going to create so much brand awareness and content for us, and that's marketing and that's business. So yeah, to answer your question, I think it's absolutely genius what she did gifting all those people orders. We did it once too, We bought stuff from Mecca and put it in people's orders.
Speaker 2: We've done lots of little things like this.
Speaker 1: I can absolutely get behind it, and I advise any business owner if you have a community that would get behind this, and you can generate some awareness on social media doing something like this, by all means, go for it. Everyone loves a freebie. Who doesn't love it? You love a freebie love So yeah, Paulie.
Speaker 3: I live in the city, of course, I'm a freebie.
Speaker 2: Why because everything's so so expansive.
Speaker 3: Thirty dollars cocktail?
Speaker 2: I know what is with the price? You know, it's just like some alcohol or juice mixed together.
Speaker 3: I know it's bloody delicious, it really is.
Speaker 1: But yeah, if you haven't checked out the activation, you can on the Paulie. I think it's on the poly TikTok or and it's TikTok it's very, very clever, and it's a modern, a modern day way of marketing.
Speaker 2: So I take my hat off to her.
Speaker 1: Absolutely genius, and that's my thoughts. I have nothing bad to say, nothing bad to create. I'm not sure if this the person that asked me was like wanting me to say something bad. I think it's fucking genius.
Speaker 2: It's bloody genius, I tell you. Anyway, see y'all