Speaker 1: On Scylds Austrodia. This is the Wider Paney Show.
Speaker 2: Good evening and welcome to the Rita Panehy Show coming up tonight. The Great Douglas Murray has some important words of advice for the Liberal Party if they ever want to win another election. You don't want to miss that. The Santos Boss likens the Victorian government to North Korea. The panel will weigh in on the day's top stories shortly and later in the hour. Josh Hammer has the latest one. The US and Left is losing. It is an extravaganza of broken wokies, including Joy Behar, who'd rather die than be saved by a Trump supporter.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even let them get me a heimlich maneuvre. That's how the little I would I feel about people.
Speaker 2: But first, the coalition is once more after the Liberals and the Nationals agreed to reinstate the power sharing agreement earlier today. The deal was renegotiated after a snap National Party Room meeting was called this morning to discuss Liberal leadersies and Lee's response to the NATS four non negotiable policy demands regarding nuclear energy Supermarket Divesta, the twenty billion dollar, Regional Future Fund and regional mobile phone coverage. Joining me now for more on this is the panel. Sky News contributors Proo McSween and Tina McQueen. Pro I'll start with you. Well, that was a bit of fun, wasn't it. It was supposed to the last three years, we were told just last week, but this divorce was short lived and they're back together.
Speaker 4: Well, reader, it was an exercise in futility egos.
Speaker 5: You know, we had little Proud who.
Speaker 4: Was all puffed up after beating Canavan and of course the performance of the Nationals in the election, and he decided he was going to you know who, I'll show him whose boss. Well that backfire, didn't it so, and I'm sure it was egged on by many of the Nationals like Bridget you know, she was seen to be behind it as well. So I think that you know, we've seen that it was a hold.
Speaker 5: It was going nowhere. It was going to be a situation where.
Speaker 2: The well just had to Well, it seems like they had these four non negotiables team up, but really the key issue seems to be net zero and the Nats still haven't had a review on that policy. I don't know what they're waiting for. Surely they know where they stand on that crucial issue. But I also want to ask you about another development we're seeing. It appears that Susan Lee's new shadow cabinet is not exactly empowering conservative women, will be all but a raising conservative women. The fur shadow Minister for Women isn't a huge fan of conservative women, it seems. Where is just enterprise? Where is Sarah Henderson?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Look sadly this will be a factional stitch up. Who gets what with the shadows reata? And as for the coalition at the moment, I think that I think that's an ongoing saga. I don't think we've seen the end of it yet. I think they've certainly united, but I think there'll be question marks over a little proud's leadership and how he handled it.
Speaker 5: So I don't think the saga's entirely over yet.
Speaker 6: And it's disgraceful if Susan Lee does not does not put in a you know, some outstanding conservative women, it'll be incredibly disappointing. But as I said before, this will be a factional hander.
Speaker 2: Well. They're often the most effective performers, they're the most popular so if they're sideline, you've really got to wonder what the strategy is there. Meanwhile, we've got Senator Jackie Lamby. She's scraped in and will remain in the Senate, narrowly beating Lee Hanson, the daughter of One Nation leader Pauline Hansen. This is for the race for Tasmania's sixth Senate seed. Yeah, we're going to look forward to more of this.
Speaker 7: So when it comes to the tech billionaire, like I've already said, I think he's a social media not with no social conscience. He has absolutely no social conscience. Someone or that should be in jail and the kibo thrown away. That Blake should not be having right to be out there on his own ideology platform and creating hatred.
Speaker 2: Tina, that's just the good senator calling for the world's richest man, Elon Musk, to be jailed for providing a free speech platform. Ma'am, I mean the race went down to the whyed, Tina. I thought Jackie was supposed to be wildly popular in Tasmania. Obviously not.
Speaker 6: No, Look, her vote has dropped considerably and it's a bit of a shame that Lee Hanson didn't get in. I think she would have made a great contribution, and I hope she sticks around because she came so very close. But yes, we've still got to listen to Jackie Lamby's wise words for another six years.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, Well, I tell you provides a lot of content for this program. Some of her die tribes are legendary. Now let's go to Victoria and the Treasury here. Jaselyn Symes has been labeled tone deaf after she asked a room full of the state's biggest residential, industrial and commercial property developers what their favorite property taxes. She posts the question at the post budget Property Council of Australia breakfast on Tuesday, asking that room what is your favorite tax prow I'm lost for words. I mean, really, this is in a state where property taxes are absolutely crippling so many, not just those within the industry, but just mum and dad investors who are being forced to sell up, and she's asking people, Oh, what's your favorite one?
Speaker 4: I mean, she's totally tone deaf and clueless and delusional and has.
Speaker 5: A huge eg.
Speaker 4: Clearly, I mean to us that room is well just the most astounding thing you could ever expect to hear from them, But labor I think it's so used to taxing now and of course spending, and that's why they need to tax so much.
Speaker 5: They don't have any idea that.
Speaker 4: They're killing this industry, not just the property industry, but the whole energy industry, which impacts on every other no business in the state. So it's just another example of an incompetent government and incompetent ministers.
Speaker 6: I hope someone responded that there's just so many to pick from.
Speaker 8: Well, that's true.
Speaker 2: In this state. It really is shocking, Tina, because it is having such a dramatic effect on every level. We've had I think one in four mum and dad investors selling their investment property in the last few years because they can't cope with a lax let alone all the other impositions. So for her to be wondering what the favorite one is is rather amusing, if not tragic. Let's stay in Victoria and the Santo CEO Kevin Gallagher has compared the state to North Korea and warned that the Victoria's approach to energy policy is indicative of why major projects are going offshore. He was speaking at an oil conference in Brisbane and Gallagher said, if I think about Queensland, South Australia, Western Australia, these are very supportive, very development friendly jurisdictions. Victoria, North Korea their states different altogether. Wow, prove that is an indictment. But you can understand why there is mounting frustration within the resources sector over the Allen government's hard left stance on fossil fuels.
Speaker 4: It's a reality that business like particularly Santos, has been waiting, not just.
Speaker 5: In Victoria, but what the Narrowbraw.
Speaker 4: Project has been waiting several years in New South Wales. She's banned a new gas in businesses and residences from twenty fourteen. I think it was And so why is anybody really surprised that this is happening and that business is withdrawing. It's great that business is finally coming out and caning these governments and calling them to account.
Speaker 6: Can I just say, Prue, I've spent a little bit of time with Kevin Gallagher. He is a remarkable man, incredibly brave. Look, he doesn't suffer any of this woke nonsense. He comes out and says it like it is. Is a remarkable man for the industry and I'm pleased as yet again has spoken.
Speaker 2: Out, well, he's right about Victoria because Victoria is the most gas dependent state in the country, and yet we've got policy settings here that are just mad and not just frustrating the resources sector, but creating Tina all sorts of uncertainty for investors.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Look, I'll be very surprised if she is still around next election. I think the opposition is starting to make a little bit of noise in Victoria and they've really got to scream loudly on these policies involving gas and resources.
Speaker 2: It's crazy.
Speaker 5: So hopefully you know the damage she's.
Speaker 6: Done to Victoria alongside what the previous premier did.
Speaker 2: She's surely she'll be gone now. Finally, ladies, this is a little left field, but I'm interested in your insights into these. A firefighter shocked guest at his own birthday by revealing that his wife was committing adultery, and the speech was blistering and expletive riddled.
Speaker 9: Yeah everything that's I ain't know, everybody, and hill, I wasn't I about all the play bills you fill that's right.
Speaker 10: Near him.
Speaker 1: Children.
Speaker 2: The die tribe went for some time, but fifteen seconds each lady is Proue. Is that too much or fair enough?
Speaker 5: No, go for it. Look, he deserved it.
Speaker 4: You know, he's rescuing people and she's playing up on him.
Speaker 5: You know, get out the fire hose. Give her what for one hell of a birthday surprise?
Speaker 2: So now what about you? Are you siding with the fireman or the wife?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 6: I think it's a terrific surprise birthday. And I think if she's going to do the dirty on him, she deserves all of that. And I Betty's had that in planning for quite some time.
Speaker 5: No one's going to right. Where has the sealhood?
Speaker 12: God?
Speaker 8: Proue?
Speaker 2: McSween, Tina mccoen, thank you so much for your time tonight. Joining me now is best selling author Douglas Murray. His latest book on democracies and death Cults, Israel and the Future of Civilization hit the shelves last month. Make sure you get a copy. Douglas. Let's start in the US with the Democrats, who are a broken party right now. They're leaderless, they're ruddless, and their solution to that is to spend twenty million dollars to research how to win back American men. Yes, the Plan Code named sam Or speaking with American men. A strategic plan promises to use the funds too, and I quote study the syntax, language, and content that gains attention and virality in these spaces. Douglas, you're a man. What is your advice to the Democrats? How can they win back mal voters.
Speaker 13: One of them?
Speaker 12: I'd start by not talking about the vile virality of male spaces.
Speaker 1: I think that's immediately going to be off putting. It's so strange, isn't it.
Speaker 13: Reading.
Speaker 12: I mean tens of millions of dollars, you know, well done to the consultants who've squeezed that out of Democrat donors and others.
Speaker 1: It's really I could save them the money. I'll tell them now.
Speaker 12: All you have to do is to show male voters in America, as with female voters, simply that you're on their side, that you don't hate them, that you don't look down on them or regard them as second class citizens. You don't think they should move aside or stay in their lane, or hand over privilege or anything else. You just demonstrate that you're on their side and that you understand their concerns, and if you do understand their concerns. You don't then dismiss their concerns as being always racist, misogynistic, heteronormative, and so on.
Speaker 1: It's really so easy.
Speaker 12: But yeah, twenty million dollars to some people who give worse advice than I just gave for free.
Speaker 2: You should invoice because I think that's far better than studying the syntax and virality of mal space as well. Now let's go to Disney. There's reports that Disney and ABC bosses have urged the ladies of the View to just scale back some of their political commentary, perhaps tone down their anti Trump diatribes, which can get a little bit demented. It's not gone well. Whoopy and co. Cannot bring themselves to even admit that there may be a problem or two instead, soth Africa, how listen to this, I mean movies in South Africa. I've been in South Africa.
Speaker 14: I sent your science in South Africa, South Africa to talk to people that I know who still live there.
Speaker 5: There's no white genocide.
Speaker 14: Okay, there's not a genocide happening.
Speaker 2: Douglas. I would love to see you on the View. But what's your response there to the ladies? Because Whoops made movies in South Africa. So everything's fine.
Speaker 12: There, Yes, absolutely, she must have really got a feel for the place on the movie set. I'm sure it's such a it's such an example actually of what we were just discussing about this. Why can't they accept that the situation for many white South Africans is absolutely dire, a particular in farming communities. Why can't they accept that that might be the case? And it's not a zero sum game. I can see what they're doing. This is the classic anti Trump movement thing. If Trump says something you can never concede he might be onto something, You've got to say he's onto absolutely.
Speaker 1: Nothing and laugh off any.
Speaker 12: Issue he raises, including really serious ones. You know, people like the presenters on the view can say things like, well, why isn't he focusing on genocides elsewhere? Why isn't he focusing on ex human rights views? Why human rights views? Look, there are two things about this. One is, again, this is not a zero sum game. Because many black South Africans get murdered in South Africa, mainly by other black South Africans, does not mean that no white South Africans suffers as well. And as for the sort of thing of prioritizing. I'd say that, you know, there's a very obvious answer that the Trump administration can give to this, which is, there are many countries in the world that prioritize all sorts of human rights concerns, but very few that have even noticed the human rights violations against white South African farmers, and so yes, if nobody else is mentioning it, if it's not the cool thing, the cool genocide for the view women to do, then nevertheless it's perhaps even more so, it's something worth highlighting.
Speaker 2: I just don't understand this complete hostility to granting asylum to a few dozen Afrikaners South African farmers who are going to assimilate well into any Western country, who speak English, who work hard, who are generally very law abiding Douglas, Why are people who are so pro migrant, pro open borders hostile to this? Is it purely a skin color issue?
Speaker 1: I think it's very largely that.
Speaker 12: And there's another underlying thing about this story, which I'm sure, like Merita, you can't help but notice it's something along the lines of that happens with many examples of hypocrisy like this, which is, it's not happening. It might be happening, but even if it were happening, it's not as bad as the other thing that's happening. And then the move to Okay, maybe it is happening, but they kind of deserve it in some way.
Speaker 1: I think that is underlying a lot of the coverage of this story.
Speaker 12: And generally speaking, if a group is being murdered or is being targeted for.
Speaker 1: Annihilation, the idea that you excuse it by saying that.
Speaker 12: Underneath all of this they're guilty by dint of their skin color, of what of something that happened generation ago.
Speaker 1: Now, two generations ago would.
Speaker 12: Ordinarily be regarded as morally obscene, So why isn't it.
Speaker 2: Well, collective guilt seems to be in fashion right now. Let's go to Canada, now, where King Charles delivered this land acknowledgment.
Speaker 13: I would like to acknowledge that we are gathered on the unseeded territory of the Algonquin and the Shinabeg people. It is my great hope that in each of your communities and collectively as a country, a path is found toward truth and reconciliation in both word and deed.
Speaker 2: Douglas, what do you make of that? Is it necessary, desirable? Is it akin to our humiliation ritual?
Speaker 12: I don't go in for the land acknowledgment stuff, but I'm in the fortunate position of not being the king and having to never make any misstep or upset any tribe or literal or metaphorical.
Speaker 1: I mean, I thought there was a very dignified speech by the king.
Speaker 12: The one thing I would always think whenever I hear a land acknowledgement, it's for people in a country decide if they want to do that sort of thing, for Canadians, for Americans, Australians and others. The thing that I always think when it does happen is I wonder whether this could ever happen in.
Speaker 1: Britain or in Europe.
Speaker 12: Would it ever be the case that there would be a land acknowledgment to the First People's and the indigenous peoples of England, for instance, on whose land people stand.
Speaker 1: I never really hear that. Maybe there will.
Speaker 12: Come a time when things are so bad in Britain and Europe that people do start doing that, but it'll be some way off.
Speaker 1: I think there will be a lot of retribution. In the meantime.
Speaker 2: There's parts of London. You could start doing that right now, just on the King that he is in North America. We know his son is in North America. There's a bit of conjecture that there may be a renew reunion with the prodigal son. Seems unlikely, Douglas, But would you like to see reconciliation given the King is battling cancer and he's not seeing his son or his grandchildren for some time.
Speaker 12: Yes, I mean it's a very sad story on a family level, our human level, that you know the King has been ill as you mentioned, and his second son is missing and deliberately missing. I think, as you and I have said before, reach the real problem lies in the problem that Prince Harry and Meghan have created, which is it's very hard. I think it would be very hard for any family to reconcile with and have private discussions with a family member which at any point could be turned into another volume of autobiography and memory or into a Netflix series. What could possibly be said? How could Harry be trusted given the fact that he's in constant dealings with media platforms and constantly sounding off against his family. It's extremely hard to see unless Harry and Meghan learnt the amazing trick of sometimes choosing to be quiet. It's very hard to see how the King or the royal family can trust them.
Speaker 2: Now in the UK, we are seeing the rise and rise of reform. Their surge in the polls continues in a first past the post system. They're right now well in front in a number of polls, ahead of Labor, comfortably ahead of the Tories. Is this the end of the two party system in the UK? Can they maintain this momentum in it all the way to the election?
Speaker 1: I don't know. It's going to be a nacing sea redoers.
Speaker 12: You know, the electoral system in the UK is extremely cruel to third parties, insurgent parties and so on. It's not like list systems like the Netherlands has, for instance, where you know, there can constantly be parties that come up and take over and either rule well or otherwise and get chucked out or kept in power. It's just not like that in the UK that there's always been this expectation that the two party system can't be broken. And I suppose people think back to the ninety seventies and eighties and the SDP and so on. But actually, you know, of course sometimes a party does die, and that was of course the case with the old Liberal Party more than a century ago, and the Labor Party, the Conservative Party. There's no law of nature that means they have to survive. The interesting thing for a form really will be whether or not they can demon straight that it's not a one man party, that it's not just Nigel Farage, and without him there really.
Speaker 1: Isn't a party.
Speaker 12: Nigel Farage is an extremely brilliant campaigner, exceptionally brilliant campaigner, and an incredibly talented politician, but in order to get anywhere near actually looking like he's a figure that can head a government, he'd have to surround himself with many people of an equal or similar caliber, and he's just never been able to do that. And I'm afraid that the infighting that Reform has already seen is sort of a bad sign in that regard. Inevitably, a successful party has to be a kind of coalition, but also just has to have a lot of talent in it. Can Nigel Farage spend the next couple of.
Speaker 1: Years building that up.
Speaker 12: Perhaps if he does, he's a serious threat to the Labor and Conservative two party system if he does, and I'm afraid it'll just be another of those strange electoral polling berths that happens usually midway through a very unsuccessful government like this one in the UK.
Speaker 2: Now you've been good enough to give some free advice to the Democrats tonight, if you could do the same for our Liberal party. They're in crisis right now. They've had a landslide election loss and they don't really seem to know Douglas who they are and what they stand for. There's a lot of advice that they should vea to the center or left. But what would your advice be to a center right party that seems to be having a bit of an identity crisis right now in Australia.
Speaker 1: Yeah they are, aren't they.
Speaker 12: And of course, just like other center right parties around the world, they'll always get a bad advice from people who wish them ill and they'll take it.
Speaker 1: I'm afraid that's a team every time with center right parties.
Speaker 12: Every time there'll be people who would never vote for the Liberals who will say, I think what you need to do is to come come further to the left and nearer to me, and so on. I mean for the party to be successful, like all center right parties, you have to show a set of things.
Speaker 1: You have to show a.
Speaker 12: Faith in the country, a love of the country, an understanding of people's need for belonging, and aspiration and much more particularly by the way that second one. I always say to politicians or the center right that you know, the left always has this very very powerful tool which it uses, my goodness, how it uses it, which is the tool of resentment. You've got to resent the rich man, you've got to resent these people, the powerful.
Speaker 1: So on.
Speaker 12: But center right parties have a very very useful thing which they should be able to play back at it, which is aspiration.
Speaker 1: That is to show a.
Speaker 12: Means by which people who work hard in Australia follow the rules will actually be rewarded for it.
Speaker 1: And we'll see if they can make that happen. I hope they do.
Speaker 12: It's one of the most successful parties electorally in the West and it deserves to have a future.
Speaker 1: But we'll see.
Speaker 12: As I said earlier, you know, there's no law of nature that means that these parties just just survive.
Speaker 1: They have to justify it. I'm not sure the Liberal Party has done a great job of.
Speaker 2: That, fantastic advice their Douglas Murray, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 1: It's a great pleasure still.
Speaker 2: To come a left He's losing it extravaganza full of broken workers. You don't want to miss that. You're watching the Raider Panety Show and it's time for lefties losing it and the ladies of the view you have become so toxic, so unlikable, and full of bar that even the woke warriors at ABC and Pairing Company Disney are telling them to tone down their political commentary, to just rethink the constant anti Trump hate a hysteria, to perhaps I don't know, stick to the facts so they don't have to issue so many corrections and apologies. But sadly, these ladies will not be told. They are going to keep up the lies and hate. Here is Whoopy Goldberg lying about Donald Trump again, firstly claiming Memorial Day was the first time Trump has said anything positive about gold Star families.
Speaker 14: It was about time we heard him give the gold Star families their due.
Speaker 2: It was about time he did.
Speaker 14: That, because he spoke and said, we're proud of our gold Star families. This is the first time at least maybe even less.
Speaker 15: You've known it is reelected them at the White House in his.
Speaker 14: First But the last time we collectively heard him talking about goldstarf families it was not positive.
Speaker 2: It was only last September when these hysterical harpies were criticizing Donald Trump for visiting Arlington National Cemetery with gold Staff families. The left said that was politicizing Arlington. And let's not forget the gold Staff families that endorse Donald Trump at the Republican National Convention. But that's apparently the first time he has mentioned them. Weill said anything positive, according to Woope. Now let's hear from misery Gutz Joy Baha, who wonders why the Commander in chief is even speaking at West Point. Then she claims that Donald Trump is walking into.
Speaker 3: Walls, so why would they invite him to speak at West Point? And wearing the hat was a political move. Also, it shows you that the commit the hat is politics.
Speaker 2: It's not about anything but that.
Speaker 3: So he's supposed to be not political at West Point or Arlington Cemetery, and there he is being political and rambling. Jake tappanige to do another book because he was rambling he's running around. I see him, I see pictures of him walking into walls, and he.
Speaker 2: Thinks she is miserable and delusional. Let's see it from Anna Navarro, who is only happy when she's out of the country and away from Trump. You know what, Anna, you can always stay out. Perhaps you could join Rosie in Ireland.
Speaker 15: I was out of the country and for five blissful days I didn't hear his voice. I had no cell service and I had no TV. But then I come in and I watch a clip like this when up to your point of what you were just talking Quezy the clip.
Speaker 1: Yeah, as a linguist, translator and cryptologgic technician.
Speaker 15: Right, well, I mean if Joe Biden said that, all right, we'd be talking about his cognitive skills and cognitive decline for days.
Speaker 3: But why does the media avoid it with him?
Speaker 2: Tell me, yes, sir, Donald Trump, mispronouncing one difficult word means is Joe Biden now who routinely spoke incoherent sentences, who struggle to deliver the simplest lines of an auto que These ladies are really clutching at straws. And this is after they've been told to dial back their lefty lunacy. Now whoopee. Not only how to go at Donald Trump to famed Donald Trump, she also attacked JD. Vance and Pete Hegseath, men who risk their lives serving their country.
Speaker 5: Pete Hegseath knows better.
Speaker 14: He knows what it's like to be a service person.
Speaker 5: Vice President Vance.
Speaker 14: Knows, he knows how hard it was because I'm sure one of the reasons he went there is to elevate his life.
Speaker 5: He comes from very, very poor people and the fact that.
Speaker 14: You don't stand up and saying you can't do this to these faults. I've worked with them. I know what they got through. Instead, we get this kind of she.
Speaker 2: Was so she couldn't even finish that sentence. You know, the way these hysterical harpies are carrying on, you think there was a crisis in the military. Instead, the opposite is true. Morale is finally high after years of degradation, and the evidence of that is in the recruitment numbers, which have surged to new highs. They searched to record numbers after Donald Trump's election triumph back in November and have stayed high ever since. But facts and figures are abhorrent to the ladies of the View. Let's end our little view, catch up with joy Beha, who left her phone on during filming, so very professional their joy, and listen to her say that she would rather die than be saved by a Trump supporter.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't even let them give me a Heimlich maneuvre. Yeah, that's how the little I would I feel about people.
Speaker 2: Well, and a.
Speaker 14: Maga supporter is like calling you right now?
Speaker 1: I got it, somebody.
Speaker 2: Now, let's check king with someone who seems to be auditioning for The View, actress Kira Sedgwick. She is married to Kevin Baker. In case you're interested, well, she seems to think that women in America are about to lose their right to vote.
Speaker 10: Wondering how you're feeling about the state of our union. Finding myself pretty scared about a lot of things. Scared about losing my rights as a woman, Scared about losing my right to vote as a woman, Scared about losing autonomy over my body as a woman.
Speaker 2: I would have thought her abortion days were behind her, but maybe I'm wrong. And in any case, you can get even late term abortions in most blue states, most blue cities. But let's listen to more of this Hollywood stars, unfounded.
Speaker 11: Fears, scared of my parents' social Security checks, scared of food banks running out of food and not being able to replenish because they're no longer getting federal funding.
Speaker 2: She really is part of the awful phenomenon awful standing for awfl affluent white female lefties. Let's check in on a awful, well awf Latino. Jennifer Lopez still works. She raised a few eyebrows with this performance, and she was pretty happy with herself afterwards.
Speaker 16: There are a lot of spacing moments, and there are spacing moments in there.
Speaker 2: I hear the kisses are going viral? Yeah, no doubt. You know, Madonna and Britney did that like twenty years ago. It's a bit laying these days, but the kisses going viral is one thing, and something else that's going viral. Our questions about why j Lo were so keen to warn America about the dangers of Donald Trump, remember this.
Speaker 16: He has consistently worked to divide us. At Madison Square Garden, he reminded us who he really is and how he really feels.
Speaker 2: It wasn't just.
Speaker 16: Puerto Ricans that were offended that day. Okay, it was every Latino in this country. It was humanity and anyone a decent character.
Speaker 2: Decent character, she says, Yeah, she was very keen to warn America about Donald Trump, but she's petered in his former girlfriend. Why didn't she warn the world about him? Didn't want all the potential future victims about what sort of man he was and what sort of antiqus he got up to. We've all seen the hotel tape. Now here is a world leader losing her or at least his partner, Brigitte. His slapping, double slapping the French president. Let's have a closer look at that in slow motion please. That looked like a slap to me, a double handed one, but the French president claims otherwise. A book with Bitti's.
Speaker 1: Next sea Markee he used to monis.
Speaker 2: I don't know. If it looks like a backhander and feels like a backhand, it's probably a backhanded manual. Still to come, the latest from the US, including and he sixty minutes anchors unhinged anti Trump commencement speech Josh hamma As the.
Speaker 8: Details welcome back.
Speaker 2: Now, let's hear from sixty minutes anchor Scott Pelley who happily pushed the Russian collusion hoax and was an active participant in covering up Joe Biden's cognitive decline and the dodgy business dealings of the Biden family. Remember sixty minutes claiming the laptop was Russian disinformation. Well, old Scott gave a commencement speech at wake Forest University recently and it was a hot mess. Listen to this unhinged anti Trump hyperbole.
Speaker 17: Our sacred rule of law is underattack. Journalism is underattack, universities are underattack. Freedom of speech is underattack. And insidious fear is reaching through our schools, our businesses, our homes, and into our private thoughts.
Speaker 13: The fear to speak.
Speaker 1: In America.
Speaker 2: Me now is Newsweek's senior editor at large and Article three projects senior council Josh Hammer.
Speaker 5: Josh.
Speaker 2: That entire rant, and it went on for some time. Was unhinged, and some of these self delighted media veterans seem utterly shameless, No self reflection at all, no insight into why so many in the leftist media are loathed and mistrusted.
Speaker 18: You know the funniest part of that clip that we just heard, reader from Scott Pelly is talking about how you know they're reaching inside of like inside of your mind, into your own private thoughts. I mean, there's a saying that some of my friends and I have said over the years, which is this notion of living inside someone else's head rent free. And I hear that clip from Scott Pelly there, and my very first thought is, Wow, Donald Trump is literally living in Scott Pelly's head rent Free. I mean, that is the case with Scott Pelly, that that that is the case for so many in the left wing corporate media. But your point is the more salient one, which is, my goodness, gracious, these people have learned precisely zero lessons, have they? I mean, Pugh Gallup, all the major public opinion posters here in the United States. They say that the American media's approval ratings, their favorability ratings, are on a similar level as venereal disease. And you would think that people like Scott Pelly would have a modicum of self reflection to be able to think, my goodness, gracious, what have we done to get to a point where somewhere between a fifth and a third at the very most of the American people actually view us with something remotely approximating decency and respect there. But no, no, no, they rather just go to their Tony Ivory Tower University's wake forest.
Speaker 1: I know it very well. I've been there many times.
Speaker 18: Pretty campus there, But apparently they're not very good at bringing into sophisticated commencement speakers.
Speaker 2: It seems.
Speaker 14: No.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine sitting there and listening to that? My gosh, she'd want your money back, now, say Kamala Harris's visit down Under is making news in America. Finally, she appeared at a real estate conference, Josh. She was there alongside reality TV stars, So that's the sort of level we're talking about, and.
Speaker 8: She had all sorts of keen insights.
Speaker 19: You have the ability to understand the context in which you live, the context in which others live, You're more likely than than connect with them and understand what's importing to them. But if you are in an interaction where you don't have that level of awareness, they will be aware of that. I mean, this is the thing that I want to know about life, and I'm tun here understand.
Speaker 2: She even did some of her finest work about being unburdened by what has been and there was this Playboy magazine anecdote you look at in a random story or whatever. You look at the cover of Playboy magazine.
Speaker 19: Let me just tell you the reason that people are looking at these things understand why they were developed for the perpetuation.
Speaker 5: Of the human species.
Speaker 2: Josh, that could have been your president.
Speaker 18: Yeah, that laugh is just so unbearable, is it not. I mean, you know they called her the cackler and Chief for a reason.
Speaker 11: There.
Speaker 18: I mean, that laugh just makes you just want to curl up into a fetal position and pretend like you never heard that for the rest of your entire life.
Speaker 1: There.
Speaker 18: I mean, look, I mean, on the one hand, I'm inclined to say that was a word salad. The problem with calling it a word salad is that every so often this salad can actually be quite tasty and nutritious. There was absolutely nothing tasty and nutritious about what we just heard there. I mean, this is a woman who is just profoundly untalented. That then the number one thing rita that I have never just been. It has never ceased to amaze me about Kamala Harris. Every time that I've seen her, and I thought her career for a very long time. She was a very prominent DA, not because of her legal prowess, I might say prominent, only because of the disproportionate media attention that was shown her way. She was a prominent DA out in San Francisco, she was California Attorney General, senator from California, vice president. I thought her career for a long time. The thing that never ceases to amaze me is just how profoundly untalented this woman is. At some point, someone in the DNC brass saw someone who checked a few intersectional identity politics boxes and they said, my god, we found the next talent, and we are going to promote to the living crap out of her and just promote her and give her every opportunity. And sure enough, they succeeded until they didn't until she got slacked in every single swing state by Donald Trump the twenty twenty four presidential election.
Speaker 1: But this woman just is not talented.
Speaker 18: She is not skilled, and frankly, it really kind of baffles me why she hasn't just retreated and gone in some tony, you know, seven or eight figure position in some consulting gig, in the fortune five hundred. I'm sure there are a lot of corporations that would pay her a lot of money to do these word salad sandwiches whatever we're calling her there. But why she's trying to bother the folks down under about it?
Speaker 1: I have no idea. Frankly, Well, she.
Speaker 2: Almost failed her way up to the Oval office. She was almost president, so that in itself is astonishing someone who has really not done particularly well in any of those prominent roles she's been in, and yet kept getting pushed, kept getting pushed because she took so many of those boxes. Now we've got to talk about the Southern Poverty Law Center. This body has just been a disgrace. In recent years, they've added the wildly successful Turning Point USA to their list of what they call a hate map, which supposedly exposes the groups upholding white supremacy in the United States. Josh, these lunatics genuinely are comparing this grassroots youth organization, the largest in the US, a wholesome organization, to the KKK to the ku Klux Klan. It seems astonishing. And the Southern Poverty Law Center has had to pay out quite significant sums in defamation in recent years, and yet they keep doing things like like this. What is behind this movement? Now? It used to once be a honorable movement, but they really have gone wayward in the last decade.
Speaker 18: At least, reader, I can actually one up this, believe it or not. So, I've personally been a victim of the Southern Poverty Law Center. In fact, it was about two and a half years ago. In November twenty twenty twenty two, the Southern Poverty Loss Center put out a roughly five to six thousand word hit piece against me individually. I kid you now, there's a very lengthy essay on the website there. This is back when I was the opinion editor of Newsweek. I was running the publication's op ed section. They accused me, in no uncertain terms, of acting to turn the Newsweek op Ed section into into a fascist Nazis or a Nazi adjacent opinion page.
Speaker 2: There.
Speaker 18: Whether or not they were aware that I am Jewish and I keep a rock from Auschwitz on my discovery single dates remind me of the Holocaust, I'm not entirely sure that they actually thought this one through, but yeah, I mean, they've paid up a lot of money defamation losses over the years for things exactly like that. I mean this organization, I mean, I mean, I had to put it mildly. They have lost their way, But you're right. I mean, I mean the NAACP, the Southern Poverty Law Center. Once upon a time, back in the era of Martin Luther King Junior, the nineteen fifties, nineteen sixties, ROSA Parks, the Montgomery, Alabama bus rides and everything there. The SPLC was fighting on the correct side of history. As our progressive friends would like to say, the problem is that, like so many once liberal institutions, they drank the woke, identitarian identity politics, neo Marxis kool aid with every ounce of their being, and they have turned into the very monsters that once upon a time, very long ago they oppose. I'm not surprised in the slightest that they are accusing Turning Points USA, which is run by my friend Charlie Kirk. I'm not even remotely surprised that they're putting turning points in the cross. Here's Turning Point in USA, and under Charlie's leadership, has been an extraordinarily successful organization, one of the most con one of those consistently successful organizations on the entire American right. So they're trying to just put some chink in the armor, so to speak of this venomal organization that raised a lot of money in organization that turns out youth support. It's probably one of the number one reasons, by the way that Donald Trump picked up massive ground with eighteen to twenty four voters is Turning Point USA. So they're trying to kind of take them down a notch there in the political service of the folks who actually butter their bread the Democratic Party there, it's not going to work, if anything. Frankly read, I actually anticipated that Turning Point USA will probably be able to raise a lot more money off of the fact that the Southern Poverty Laws Center has ludicrously deemed them a so called heat group.
Speaker 2: Well, yeah, the Southern Poverty Law Center has lost all credibility. I mean your example, I wasn't even aware of that calling a proud Jewish Man not a Nazi. I mean that just shows you how completely demented they have become. Yeah, they deserve absolutely no credibility whatsoever. And it's sad because once upon a time they did do good work. Now you coined the term judicial insurrection to describe the manner in which Democrat appointed activist judges are trying to usurp the authority of the president, the will of the American people. And there's been another example of that, Josh, since we last spoke, the federal court judge has a federal judge has blocked the Trump administration's dismantling of the Department of Education. Now, before you tell me more about this, this is a policy that did not start with Trump. This plan to get rid of a department that is really an impediment to education outcomes of American children, it started with this man.
Speaker 17: I would like to dissolve the ten billion dollar National Department of Education created by President Carter and turn schools back to the local school districts.
Speaker 2: Okay, Josh, Ronald Reagan couldn't. What can Trump pull this off?
Speaker 1: Well, what Reagan said is right. This is a creature of the Jimmy Carter era.
Speaker 18: President Carter signs the relevant statue from Congress into law in the late nineteen seventies, and every single Republican president since Ronald Reagan has vowed to shut down the part and of Education. Now, two things can be true at once. Rita, it probably technically does take an Act of Congress to formally to formally abolish the education bar in the same way that it took an Act of Congress to promulgate it in the first inance is. However, on the other hand, the president does have the ability to effectively all but eliminated via a sheer force of attrition because he is the executive He controls the executive branch, and he can sign executive orders that effectively result in the layoffs or the firing or the early terminations, whatever you want to call it, of the overalling majority of the Education Department bureaucracy there. So, yes, it would probably take a literal act of Congress to actually tear down that sign for the federal government to sell the building to some private developer whatever they're but he can do it on his own. However, this obstinate federal judge, who is very much part of the judicial insurrection, who is trying to stop him there is just wildly overstepping his balance. Like so many judges read it, this is the number one thing, This is literally the number one thing that the Trump minstration is going to have to get comfortable taking on. But doing a great job when it comes to so many issues there. They've been bold and aggressive when it comes to tariff policy, when it comes to all sorts of in foreign policies there, taking on these black robe tyrants in the least dangerous branch and Article three the judicial branch there, that is the name of the game right now. They really are going to have to, I think, to grow a pair here. It's easier said than done. I don't have all the solutions there, but this is the big threat right now to Donald Trump's agenda more than anything else. It is the judicial insurrection.
Speaker 2: Well said Josh Hannah, thank you so much for your time tonight. And that's all the time we have. Don't go anywhere, and he's not is up next, y