Speaker 1: Apodjay Production.
Speaker 2: Welcome back to another episode of am I a Bad Mom Podcast?
Speaker 3: For everyone in Australia. We celebrated Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: No, yeah, Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Mother's Day, Happy Mother's Day, Happy Grandmother's Day, her baby Mother's Day.
Speaker 4: I got a card from my pets.
Speaker 3: I knew that was coming. I knew that was coming.
Speaker 4: First time ever. I was like, wow, so many cards.
Speaker 2: There were like four cards, and I was like, I only have two children and one card was a to my wife on Mother's Day. Ye each from the girls and then one from.
Speaker 4: The pets and it was an actual card.
Speaker 3: Jeez, Hallmark or I love it. Just raking in the mind.
Speaker 4: How many different types of cards can.
Speaker 3: We Like, let's talk about cards now, like seven dollars for a standard card.
Speaker 2: I'm surprised they haven't done ones yet, Like to my teacher on Mother's Day.
Speaker 3: I didn't have a moment though, where I was like, there's so many forms of moms and mothers out there, like obviously not necessarily just children having mums, but like there's so many categories now, like there's so many fur baby mum. Like I was going through it all and I was like, really, what it shows is that we just look after and care and nurture for everything everybody, Like we could maybe get a card from our plants that we have because we look after it and nurture them and then they grow. Yeah. I have to say, on Mother's Day, does it really feel like in any different day for you?
Speaker 4: That is the one day that I decided to not make the bed.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, okay in the morning, yeah, I was like, I'm just getting up. So then what happened was the bed wasn't made.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I was just gonna say, did you walk past three hours later and go, oh my gosh, it's still the same. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Later on in the day I did pull the covers over.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm not making.
Speaker 3: The bet at the time, but like a half mate, I'm.
Speaker 4: Not handling it not being made.
Speaker 3: So and then breakfast any different?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, oh, Rach, I had a lobster benedict.
Speaker 3: Holy shit, I know. Oh my gosh, Jay's coming out with all of the stops. I love it.
Speaker 2: He's a bit of a Jamie Oliver like he loves to cook. Oh yeah, I was impressed. Yeah, that is impressed.
Speaker 4: Dinner, Rache.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure fully how I felt about this, but we had a live mud crab alive.
Speaker 4: It was alive. I eat me no, no, yeah, yeah, all the things. Yeah, I just don't think.
Speaker 3: About it being a process. No.
Speaker 2: And I refused to watch any of those like TV shows. You know, I'm showing you how they because I'm like, I willfully if I see how baby lamb is. No, and I love lamb, but I can't think about it because I will never eat it again. Yeah, and I want to eat it. So I'm just staying keeping my head in the sand.
Speaker 4: Talking about head and sand.
Speaker 3: The crab crab in the hot pot, No, oh, that would have been't even work in the freezer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, apparently that's the most humane thing to do.
Speaker 4: Put them in the freezer and then they just go to sleep. I hope that's what happens.
Speaker 3: Anyway.
Speaker 2: What happened was he went to the seafood shop and he came home and he said, I'm not sure how you're going to feel about what's for dinner, but I'm going to show you anyway. And then Holly looked and went, Mum, you're not gonna want to see this. And I said, why are you showing me?
Speaker 1: Then?
Speaker 2: Like I'm happy for you to just serve up whatever it is on a plate and maybe I don't need to know. And he was like, no, no, you do need to know. He's opened up the freezer. It's bloody movie.
Speaker 4: It's moving in there.
Speaker 3: It's moving.
Speaker 2: And then I had this I had this fear because this was the night before, and then I had this fear that I was going to.
Speaker 4: Open the freezer and it was going to be like walking.
Speaker 3: Around He's going, please get me out.
Speaker 2: And even when Day was like okay, it's dead and he put it in the fridge, I still wasn't sure.
Speaker 4: I was like opening the fridge. I was very cautious.
Speaker 3: Oh, I don't know why. I'm like you, I can't do that.
Speaker 4: It's not fully dead.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Like I went like that like poked it and I was like okay, good.
Speaker 3: Knock, knock knock. Like I really find it hard to go. Why do we have to just be celebrated on Monday? Well, the breakfast that was bought to be made for me didn't get made in time because I had to go to work. Now I'd made everyone very clear that I have to leave home at seven point thirty, like gave him almost like a heads up, you'll have to be up early to make me that pancake. No, do you know what I got? I got a photo of the pancakes made with the drizzled maple syrup everyone else eating them. I had them from like the place that I love, which is like no, no, they're delicious, okaie delicious. I got a fucking photo for everyone else to eat them. So I don't know about that. I wasn't really impressed with that.
Speaker 1: My bird mum for being pedantic.
Speaker 3: Pedantic. I just do a double check of.
Speaker 2: What pedantic meant before I used that word, and I am using it in the right context.
Speaker 3: Yah. Pedantic means like picky to the really smallest points.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So I received a text message from Holly and the text message was a screenshot of Holly's notes.
Speaker 4: Something in Holly's note.
Speaker 2: And it says, mum owes me and then there's a list of times where Hollies used her account to pay.
Speaker 4: For things and I need to pay it back.
Speaker 2: Money from pantry twenty second of April, money from pantry, twenty third of April, money from pantry, twenty fourth of April, money from pantry, twenty ninth of April in brackets forgot lunch. So she did have lunch, she just forgot to take it, so then she needed to then buy it from the tuck shop and I need to pay it back.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and this is wow.
Speaker 2: It's like, hmmm, interesting that you've kept tabs on what I owe you. How about we have a little chat about what you owe me. Let's start with maternity clothes. I put here one two hundred and fifty maybe cott car seat, pram, nappy formula clothes.
Speaker 4: I reckon four grand.
Speaker 3: Yeah, like that's probably like going easy on it.
Speaker 2: Daycare seventy dollars per day back then, pretty reasonable.
Speaker 3: Still works out quite.
Speaker 2: A lot of money until your cool fees one hundred and thirty eight thousand dollars and still going.
Speaker 3: I'm still going. I haven't stopped.
Speaker 4: Don't even get me started on dance and ice skating, oh and food and everything.
Speaker 3: Ticket everything count tickets, concert tickets. Let's you know, call it.
Speaker 4: Let's call it a couple of meal, A couple of meal.
Speaker 3: This is what you owe me. Did you send it back in the same form? Did you send and screenshot your notes and go, yeah, I'm just returning surf here you go.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 4: The interesting part for me is the fact that if I then.
Speaker 2: Say, like I did with look at what you owe me, Yeah, it's kind of a then it's like a joke, kind of a oh yeah I have kids.
Speaker 4: I get that all the time. If you didn't want to pay for them, you shouldn't have chosen to have kids.
Speaker 2: I'm like, okay, oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I dread the age that were coming towards.
Speaker 2: I talk about it all the time, the entitled part, Yeah, of we shouldn't have had kids.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're entitled, and that is more of a reflection on us because we've allowed them to be this level of entitlement. But we won't go there because we'll be here for hours. But the other day, same thing, coming home in the car and I don't even know what got me to get this response, but we had to go to like Camart for one of them, and then another one. Like it was so many stops with so much money going on. Right, not so much money came out, but you can still easily drop a couple of hundred in there. And it was just like one of those rush rush, rush rush, And I didn't have dinner organized, but I was like, I'll just get you ECUs when it's fine. I just need to get you fed. So we get through the drive during grace, he goes, oh, I just have a taco. I don't want to waste any more of your money. I looked at it, and I was like, why stop now on the thing that you need the most, which is more than one taco for dinner. I need you to eat something substantial because this is your dinner. Like I'm not going home to cook you anything. Yeah, oh no, that's okay. I think only one taco is like three dollars. I was like, three dollars. No, it's not because when it's like one of the most expensive takeaways for dinner ever.
Speaker 2: Yeah, don't even get me started and get it on Uber East. What the fuck is a service fee? Pay for the food, you pay for the delivery.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, and then you've got a service fee just then making it.
Speaker 4: But they have to make it any I know.
Speaker 3: That's what I mean. It's wild, but they all do it now.
Speaker 4: It's ridiculous.
Speaker 3: I was just like absolutely coat hanging this conversation the other night, was going to dinner, literally sitting at the lights, and then out of nowhere, one of the delivery motorbikes comes flying around the corner, goes through a red light. Honestly, Katie, if your gusman was in the back of that bike, it was flung from one side to another. Your guacamalle is mixed with your sour cream, and his shit has gone everywhere. I was lolling so hard as I watch him and go I think he's just stolen that. The way that he's driving that went through a red light, he's stolen that. He's gotten someone's bike, He's got someone's dinner that she's messed up. I go around the corner. It's sort of like a block, and I'm coming back to the other side of the block. There is again going up the wrong side of the road in this bike with shit going everywhere. All I could think about was somebody has paid seventeen dollars for that Guzman and Gomez and you have thrown around the back of your bike like a piece.
Speaker 4: Of sh How about that they're running through red lights?
Speaker 3: What he went through?
Speaker 4: My uberries has not come that fast. They need to start going through red lights.
Speaker 3: This guy was wild. I'd never seen anything like it, so a either he just stolen the bike, so that you have a bite t one or the other. I don't know what kind of rating is going to get because he would get ratings for speed, but the trashed food that would be inside that back of the bike, yeah, you'd lose more ratings off the back of that.
Speaker 2: It depends how many deliveries has got on board as well. I don't know how many they're allowed to do. But I will sometimes.
Speaker 4: Track and go, where the fuck are you going? You're going nowhere.
Speaker 2: Now they're dropping off someone else's first because they get ten dollars for each one.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I know that's right. This guy either that. It was high as a card on drugs, but fuck, all I thought about was the amount of money you'd paid on the food, and it would have been a shit bite anyway. That is nothing to do with kids, but it was funny.