Speaker 1: Hi, friends, it is Monty. This is your show and tow podcast. Thanks for joining us. Hello, Hello, I think I want to stop singing. Do you don't know if I know how to stop and how to intro it without a song because we've done it for seven years. But at the same time, I never listened back to our podcast, but when I do, I can't fucking stand hearing me.
Speaker 2: Should we put it out for a public vote?
Speaker 1: Well, we've done it before and they all voted yes to the song.
Speaker 2: I mean, maybe you've got to give the people what they want listen. Maybe we put it out there as a pole, see what people say, and that will be the decider, because people have nothing better to do than vote on them. Intros were your thing, like you were in radio for a long time.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Do you know how many times I said, hey, are you listening to the three pm pick up? All thanks to Chemist Warehouse? I know for seven how many years? Do I do it? Nine years?
Speaker 2: The night I remember when you got that?
Speaker 1: So do I And I didn't originally get it originally, no, because I filled in for Chrissy Swan when she did her maternity leave. When it was Jane and Chrissy doing album Breakfast on I think it was still double TFM, maybe test it. And so Jane and I really connected and became nice mate, good mates. And then when Chrissy left, because they also did the three pm pickup, So when Chrissy left, Jane was doing three pm pickup and wanted to do it with me, but they gave it to somebody else and Jane was like, I can't do that. I don't want to do that. And then I slipped in and got Jane's job. So we originally thought we were going to do it together and then I ended up taking like she backed down and I ended up getting that, and then it was nine year run shit with multiple co hosts, and Eye Bloody stayed strong. I was very like, I had a great run on that show.
Speaker 2: You really did perfect hours.
Speaker 1: I mean, oh my god. We used to pre record that show and I used to go to work on a Monday and a Wednesday for two hours each day. I just it was the ultimate job. And the whole time I was like, oh god, this is this can't be real, this isn't real. I'm going to get found out. And for nine years I felt like that, so stressed about it. The whole time, and you had such a beautiful team, such a beautiful team. Mal Davies was our brook Base who I do icronic with, was our producer to start with, and then we had Mal Davies who was incredible. We always and we always had this beautiful team where if anything ever bothered us, we could bring it up, because that's when things get toxic when you don't bring us things that are niggling at you, even if they're small. And we just had this space that was created from day one that that it's just complete respect in that studio and if anything upsets you or bothers you, you can say it. And I think that's why it was so successful.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well that's it. I mean, that's like a sixty year marriage in radio years totally.
Speaker 1: I do look back and because I'm not in radio now and I still feel quite young to not be in it, I need to acknowledge more of the career I did have. You know how, I think you brush over things that we've done that are successful, and as a culture in Australia, we never pat ourselves on the back. But I'm like, I think that since I was twenty three and I'm now forty four and I had, you know, a really good run, but now I'm not in it. It's like I don't acknowledge that and go. That was fucking epic.
Speaker 2: Good on you, Yeah it was, and I think everybody around you would say the same thing. It's just I think it's that what do they call it, tall poppy syndrome or whatever? You shouldn't You shouldn't pat yourself on the back. You should be humble. Well, I know, actually you should fucking acknowledge well done.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think we definitely should more. And it's also imposter syndrome of going. I never really fit in with that.
Speaker 3: I just was.
Speaker 1: Yeah, even though I did, I always felt like I probably shouldn't be there.
Speaker 2: Look, I mean, imposter syndrome is horrible and it gets a bad rap and also keeps you on your toes. Yeah.
Speaker 1: I don't know you ever got bigger than my boots. So well done, thank you, thank you. Speaking of somebody who I feel is bigger than her boots. Now, I hate how everyone's hectically hating on Megan Markle. I think it's really unhealthy and it's cruel to be so vicious against somebody. But there is something about her that really greats me. I agree, and it's horrible because it could just be her. It could just be her personality and it's how she is. There's something that feels insincere about her. Yes, And I looked at the I watched a clip of the Shameless Girls who are just epic, and she bothers Michelle as well, and also Michelle can't handle the extreme hatred of her, but she gets under her skin too. And then Zara had the view of like, yeah, that could just be her, Like there are some people that just don't have a huge amount of humor, that are a little bit personalityless, Like you know, sometimes you try and dig more for somebody and then you're like, oh, that's all there is there.
Speaker 2: I think you know what I would like in it too. She seems like, and I hope this doesn't sound judgmental, but it's like if you're at the school gate and you're talking to a group of mums, right and you're talking about maybe how your kids struggling in one area, Like if you're saying, my kid's struggling socially, and they're going to go, oh my god, no, my kid can't keep them home. They love it. And it's like, there are people who don't show their vulnerabilities.
Speaker 1: Who don't share any vulnerabilities, and I find it hard to connect with that because I'm like, that's such horseshit. You definitely have, like your relationships not perfect and your life is not absolutely perfect. But she was on the Drew Barrymore Show and of Horse Drew's just sitting there micking all over it, Drew sitting on her face. Oh pretty much, but just like the two hands under her chin, just gazing at her and just taking every mile soul that she says in And I'm just like, because what she was saying, I can't handle the nickname that she's given Harry. Have her listen to this, Okay, I.
Speaker 3: Mean, look, life's full surprises. I did not expect to meet each and for the rest of you our love story. And you know, I'm very lucky. I am married to the funniest, sweetest and most charming. I mean, he's all the things that you're describing he's and he's an amazing father and so you know, I I tet my blessing is because I have him, and also I have a partner who is so supportive of me, and so I will tell you just you know. When I was it's a babysitter nanny for two Irish Catholic families. When I was in college, every one of the dads said to me is like, you know, Megan, when you meet your person one day, I want him to say to you the same thing that I said to my wife when we got married, which is I vowed to always date my wife. And I told h that when we started dating. He goes, I vowed always date you. So we have this connection, I think because we're so committed to treating each other the same way you did before you had a ring on it, before it was locked down. When you're just courting each other, and you can see all the good and joy in that butterfly period, and that's same thing what keeps things really alive.
Speaker 1: Horse shit.
Speaker 2: That's made me angry and not angry. Yeah, I know, because number one, how long were they together for in the courting period? Wasn't it very quick? Yeah?
Speaker 1: I think it was super quick because I think they got found out and then it was like, we've got to rush this through. But can we just start with h h is not easier to say than Harry it's like me calling Sam S or you're calling Mark m S. Can you please come and put the bins out?
Speaker 2: That is not right. H is probably the worst letter of the alphabet to get. It doesn't go yeah. It's like T goes yes, and that's something you'd call your friend T. Yeah at what about which I wouldn't even do that? Hey, okay for Katie Yeah nah. Look, there's only a few letters that really work, but H definitely doesn't work.
Speaker 1: Doesn't work, and it makes me uncomfortable for her because it's so it's like, oh, that does not roll off the tongue, but also the yeah. Just acting like everything's perfect, it's frustrating. It's like, it's not what about when Harry does a shit and that he gets skitties? I know you cleaner, but what if you go in after that? Is that hot? And what about if he's chewing and it sounds really loud? Does that not annoy you? It's like, there's people are not exempt from this, and that acting like that is making it like you are. It's just giving people going, well, my life's fucked, this is perfect.
Speaker 2: I think that we can all look at that and go but that's not real life. It's not real life because like, yeah, you probably wouldn't nitpick at each other that much if you didn't have to worry about who's going to go to woolies and who's going to pick up the dog shit and who's gonna you know what I mean, They're not living in reality.
Speaker 1: And my god, when you think about that, you would actually be able to have conversations outside of logistics.
Speaker 2: And also, I agree that money doesn't buy happiness. I totally agree with that, but it buys other things that can make life much easier. And when money is not something you have to talk about or worry about, there is such a provi there. And that's the thing. It's like, if I was Megan Markle, if I married Prince Harry right, and I was doing an interview, I feel like I would be so self aware to be saying, but I know that my life is so much easier than everybody else's and we have the privilege of blah blah, but you.
Speaker 1: Know what, And I'm saying I don't like the haters of her, but you know else in that clip, it's like, don't why would you drop in? I used to nanny for two Catholic families.
Speaker 2: Because she's trying to be I don't know relatedly parties, but she's trying to be Oh when I was a PAVO and I used to have to fucking yeah, Well, if you.
Speaker 1: Deserve somebody that says this, it's like, why don't you just say there was you know, a friend of mine who said or something. It's still I know.
Speaker 2: And the dating each other, I fail to date you. Today is my twenty first wedding anniversary, right, oh, thank you, thank you. That is horseshit. Anyone who has been in a long term relationship knows there's a point you're not fucking dating each other. You might go through stages where you are that you reconnect over something or but you almost know everything about each other. You do. It's hard, and you really really actively have to work on not becoming brother and sister.
Speaker 1: Hands down, because there's no surprises, do you know what I mean? There's no you know, there's no hidden little bits there that you go, oh my god, I didn't know that. Like Sam and I sometimes played tell me something you've never told me before, and sometimes we'll sit there for five minutes and not be able to come up with anything, and you have to go right back to your childhood. And it's pretty hilarious. I do love that, but I mean that's forcing out something we don't know about each other.
Speaker 2: I can't think of really anything that Mark doesn't know about me, because I'm such a like I talk at him. He is the opposite non communicator. How weird is this? We were talking about school sports other day and I said to him, what color house were you in at school? At high school? Sport? You know how there were different colors? He didn't know. I said, what do you mean you didn't You don't know you were at high school for six years? Had He goes, I just don't remember. And I said, but I can't accept that. I can't accept you don't remember for six years of your life you would have had been in this one house color.
Speaker 1: You know.
Speaker 2: I couldn't get I couldn't get over it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I remember my mine was Nelson. It was blue. That was in primary school. I don't remember my high school one. I don't think we had houses.
Speaker 2: I never participated, but I remember the color I think we had.
Speaker 1: I don't I went to Williamstown High for a bit and I don't think that they had Like if anyone went there, please let me know. And then I swopped over to Westbourne Grammar and we must have had teams there, but I don't remember. Oh all right, you know you and Mark would probably be such a good copy. Now I remember everything. Like Stacy sent me something the other day. Stacey and I've been best since we were fifteen, and she said, in every friendship, there is one person that remembers every minute detail and one that doesn't remember a thing. Like I'll say things to her and she's like, I do not remember that at all. I'm the one who remembers everything.
Speaker 2: I saw a really interesting thing the other day too, that was, you know, like a I don't know, I guess like a you know, one of these thought leaders or whatever, and they were saying how the issues that you come to in marriage sometimes is not so much that you're not communicating properly or you're not understanding each other. It's almost like your reality and my reality are never the same. Yeah, because we're in this, we could be in the exact same situation right now we're recording, but you're coming at it with past issues that you've got. I've got past issues. So the way you're interpreting things I'm saying are completely different to how I'm saying them.
Speaker 1: Retally different. I often think that with people what we see, like, do you see green the same way I see green?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Yeah, Yeah, it's very yeah, I know, and it's very like that's so obvious in when someone says, oh, that purple chopping, like, that's not purple, that's pink. Oh no, that's purple. Yes, it's like it's so right. So Megan with the date night thing, you know what, she's still too early in.
Speaker 3: Yah.
Speaker 1: Still she's still really feel it like it runs out about a year in. I think that there's like literally hormones in us that disintegrate after a certain amount of time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I reckon Harry'll probably start playing up soon too.
Speaker 1: Definitely dirty little fur hop.
Speaker 2: No, that's horrible.
Speaker 1: So, speaking of reality shows, Denise Richards has her reality show.
Speaker 2: I really like. I don't watch much stuff anymore, but I will watch all the clips of things same that is messed up. So it's called Denise Richards and her wild Things, and her wild things are her daughters.
Speaker 1: Yes, so was she in the movie Wild Things? Is that right?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 1: With nave Canev.
Speaker 2: Campbell Party five. Yeah, flashback. So it's these two daughters. It's almost like is this real or is this made to look like? These girls are so different because the eldest one, they're a year apart. I think the oldest one is twenty, Samla is nineteen Sammy and Lola, which was was going to be my girl's name Lola.
Speaker 1: Well that's why you called your dog Lola.
Speaker 2: No, her name's Layla. Oh okay, But anyway, so the eldest one has an only fans, yes, right, And I think Denise jumped on there too. She did.
Speaker 1: She said she wanted to know what Sammy's world was like on there, so jumped on there and Sammy was not happy with her.
Speaker 2: No, I know, there is a competitiveness when they are interacting that He's like, that's not healthy, and then the other one is like full buttoned up Cardigan's headbands. I found she she like religious, right, the whole thing feels like such a freak show to watch, Like it's not right and it can't ever be real. How can you have a real conversation with someone when there's a camera in your face?
Speaker 1: I know, But I do think they get I do think that they get.
Speaker 2: Used to it.
Speaker 1: It's the same as you and I an here, do you know what I mean? Like we start to talk like no one's listening, and you get really comfortable. I handstand. It is true that they get to a point where they're really comfortable, but also they've got their living situation so weird. So like her husband, Aaron's parents have moved into their Malibu home and they've rented three apartments and one is like a studio, just place to hang out, the other one is where they live, and then the other one is something else. And Denise is like, so we just sleep through all three of them. I'm like, that is so unsettling and so weird to me, all next to each other. And I'm like, people are so odd, Like celebrities get so fucking strange, And no wonder that little girl Lola turned to God, she's got Charlie Sheen and Nicole Richards as her parents, Denise Denise Richards as her parents.
Speaker 2: I mean, the three separate houses too weird. It's weird.
Speaker 1: But also, oh wouldn't that be too find it? Oh my god, imagine you like had somewhere you could go. Well, you've kind of got it. In your house anyway, because the whole ground floor is basically yours where you work and you never leave. Yeah, so you got it. And you know what, It's been very good for my relationship because we are we can be volatile with each other, like we're both reactive, right, so we can start niggling and I can go, I'm going downstairs. I have that ten minutes, we have that time out, and then I come back up and it's like it didn't happen. Yes, because you just need a circuit breaker. Yes, the circuit breaker in the space is gone. Now. Speaking of our homes, we spoke about them the other week, about how nineties and ugly our homes are. Then we plan on one day renovating, but at the moment when we open our wallets as like a witch's cackle, like as if, and so we put up photos and then and we were off a judgment of like, who's this more ninety? Who's is more shit? I woke up the next morning and I screamed, grabbed a shot, going, this is so fucking nasty, some like some of you were so probably people who don't listen actually like funny, And yes, we welcomed it and then some got into the real nitty gritty of it, like somebody messaged you, going, are you for real? Male? Is this where you live? Yeah? That was nasty.
Speaker 2: People were very full on about that kitchen curtain, which I know is ugly.
Speaker 1: Right, that kitchen curtain in your kitchen is something else.
Speaker 2: Listen, I'm not blind right, like I know, but do you know it becomes like you know, you get used to seeing something, then you just don't see it.
Speaker 1: I don't see it anymore. And I'm constantly like that with my house. I'm like, it's it isn't my comfort now, but it's so old and ugly in here that people would well, I feel like I have to apologize for it, which I hate. When people come in, I'm like, oh yeah, like and or if people are dropping somebody off for the first time, a kid off, I'm like, oh, it's the daggiest house you know. Just look for the daggy mansion. I say things like that to try and cover up for how dag.
Speaker 2: You see, Yeah, it's our own thing. And look, I mean, I'll just say for all those people that commented my my husband hates you all because now I've started with the why is that curtain still up. You know, we've got to redo the curtains and we've got to do this, and we've got to do that. So now I'm really going on about it. But yeah, I like it is funny how we asked for.
Speaker 1: It and then we got sad over it. Now, it wasn't that bad, but there was just one or two where I was like, whoa. It was like really harsh.
Speaker 2: Really it's like, yeah, if you say to someone, oh god, I feel so ugly today and they go, you do look pretty rough today, and you'd be like, oh, okay.
Speaker 1: But I liked the male winds that's at the bidet did it for me, like all of that.
Speaker 2: So they were funny.
Speaker 1: But it was when it was like I couldn't believe that we would live in such trash, Like.
Speaker 2: Is that where you live? Who the fuck do you think we are? Yeah, there's no Megan Markles here?
Speaker 1: No, But also as if I'm lying, it's not just a random house I've put up. Oh, it was pretty funny. Anyway, Before we go, I just want to talk about Instagram and what's bothering me on it at the moment, because there's my algorithm is so completely fucked up. It's insane. But I keep getting clips of really attractive girls sitting at a table with a knife and fork eating raw meat. Have you seen these clips?
Speaker 2: What?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I get them all the time. So it will be somebody who's quite attractive, and I guess it's like an ASMR kind of thing. They'll sit there, not say a word and have a plate of like a massive t bone steak that they cut into and then eat it raw with their fork and just barrel the camera while they're doing it.
Speaker 2: What's the Is there any point to it? Or this?
Speaker 1: This is not there's no point to it. But it's like a thing that's taken off now. And because I watched one of them now, of course I keep getting fed them. But I'm like, isn't that really bad.
Speaker 2: For you to just eat?
Speaker 1: You could complete more meat like that?
Speaker 2: It's fucking salmonella or whatever, like E coli or yeah, you've got to at least seal the outside, don't no ceiling.
Speaker 1: It's literally out of the fridge, just a raw chunk of meat.
Speaker 2: Do you think that's like a sexualized thing?
Speaker 1: Maybe, but I'm just like, oh, that's so nasty. And then another one was mince meat. Just eating mince meat O the worst bacteria. Oh mate, it made me feel so sick. And the other thing that's doing my head in is when people use mini microphones. Like they hold those mini microphones. It's embarrassing. It's an embarrassing for no reason.
Speaker 2: This is the thing, this is what we're all fucking what's the word? Like, we're such sheep its. We are. It's like we're letting these social media platforms dictate how we do life because that's a thing that oh, it's expected now that your audio has to be a certain quality. So when you're talking, hold the little mic and whatever. I feel it's more aesthetic that microphone. I feel like it's like, I'm like, what's wrong with the big microphone?
Speaker 1: I'd get it.
Speaker 2: The bigger, the better. I want one of those big foam ones from like the eighties. If that was me, i'd be holding just a huge one and going once, want to testing one two.
Speaker 1: I won't be getting into that. You won't see me with the mini microphone, give me the no, you don't.
Speaker 2: Yes, you will in about two years, once no one's using them anymore, you'll see us on social media with them.
Speaker 1: Totally will all right, We're going to get out of here. Thank you so much for listening to the podcast. If you can give us a rating or at which we're getting so many, which is so helpful for us, so thank you. It takes like literally thirty seconds, if you can give us a rating or do a comment for us wherever you listen to your podcasts. We have a Patreon which is about five bucks a month they start just helps with the running of the pod. Patreon dot com forwards last Show and Tell online. You get an extra pod every couple of weeks there and we'll chat to you soon to love you.