Speaker 1: No, no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Different parties. Didn't we You know, we can't sing songs on here. We have to pay for the riots to it.
Speaker 3: No, it's that vocally, it's not saving clothes. Where's Your Head At?
Speaker 1: Is a podcast that talks four things. Hold on a sec, let's give this a refresh. Hi.
Speaker 2: I'm Anna and I'm Matt, and we are now too newlywed not to each other. Just a female and male best friend here for the good, the bad, and the ugly.
Speaker 1: Times and exploring adulthood, family relationships, dilemmas.
Speaker 2: And whatever else we have the mental capacity to deal with.
Speaker 1: Come get the lowdown.
Speaker 2: This is your male and female perspective.
Speaker 1: So Matt, where's your head at?
Speaker 2: This is good morning, Anna, and welcome to Where's your Head Out? Everybody?
Speaker 1: Hello, how are you feeling?
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm feeling good today, I mean Melbourne.
Speaker 1: It's good to be You're freshly shaved, which we have not seen in a while.
Speaker 2: I did late last night. I was I was about to go to bed, and I had a pretty big beer going on, and I was like, you know what, Anna always says that when I have a beard, I look to shrevel. So I was like, I'm going to shave it, I mean, get rid of it. I shaved a mow in and then I was like, I'm not feeling the mo.
Speaker 1: I think that all of your different looks represent different things, Like I think the mo if we dug deeper, I'm sure that we could like put it towards a feeling that you're feeling. I think the full beard is like when you're at rock bottom.
Speaker 2: I just think it's just you don't understand that. Like I actually, and it sounds funny to say, but like shaving is like full task, like you have to shave and then like you have to fix it off, and it's just sometimes I'm like, can I be fuck doing that right now?
Speaker 3: Growing a mow isn't that more effort to like?
Speaker 2: No, not really, Yeah, it's not the most Yeah, and it grows itself like it's just like the whole shaving and you're showering, you put your crane on. Then I spray my goldie Bee and like, yeah.
Speaker 3: Runs, I love it.
Speaker 1: How I give guys, I swear if you were in the studio you could see this. I give that a compliment and he literally will then turn to one of the cameras and just stare at himself in the mirror and smiles beamingly.
Speaker 2: That was it that I literally did that for the goldiebe and an ad for them, and I smiled at it. You can put it in a real art I make do something with it. There you go, guys, Goldieber, you get it. How are you feeling?
Speaker 3: I am exhausted.
Speaker 1: I'm now thirty three weeks pregnant officially today.
Speaker 2: I saw you before you handed me my coffee. Thank you for that. And popping.
Speaker 3: I'm popping people now, just like look at me and go, you're huge.
Speaker 2: That's pretty much what I said.
Speaker 1: I'm like, I would be so offended if I wasn't pregnant, but now I'm so used to it.
Speaker 3: Like you're huge.
Speaker 2: Do you deliberately wear a mid drift so it's popping out? Or do you just have no T shirts?
Speaker 3: I mean it?
Speaker 1: Yeah, this look is so just for context, guys. I'm wearing Adidas. Do you call Adidas or I call Adidas. I knew that was gonna be anyway, Adidas tracky pants with like the three stripes.
Speaker 3: Down the side.
Speaker 1: I'm wearing a long white T shirt and instead of tucking my top, I normally tuck it or it's a one piece, and I'm just kind of letting it right up and then just a bit of the lower bellies just popping out.
Speaker 2: You're okay, you didn't do that on purpose, That's just how it is.
Speaker 3: I didn't do it. No, I mean I did do it on purpose. It's a look.
Speaker 1: I think it's quite in fashion to kind of like show your belly, I think when you're pregnant these days. I think in our parents' generation, it was like hide the bump wear. Big jumpers were oversized, like conceal the baby whatever. And now I feel like I love it that people just like free the bump, free the bump. We went from free the niffle to free the bump. Everyone's kind of just wearing it out. I'm kind of like, look if this top rides up a bit and we see a bit of bump action, I'm okay with that.
Speaker 2: No. Look, I just I'm just just curious because I've never will have a bump, so I didn't know what the goal was, just checking, just checking to see what the was.
Speaker 1: No, but I am heavy, and I'm feeling really heavy and sleeping as a nightmare. I genuinely feel like I need a forklift to get me out of bed in the morning because I'm beach.
Speaker 3: I'm real beach on you.
Speaker 1: I can't you can't sleep on your back at this time of pregnant. No, so I think it's really bad to sleep on your back, So you have to sleep on one of your sides. So I have like these wedge pillows that wedge me in and then I can only go from left to right.
Speaker 2: And how do you cuddle?
Speaker 3: What's that?
Speaker 2: No? We do.
Speaker 3: We just like touch arms or touch feet, but it's not like.
Speaker 2: A full cuddle. Yeah.
Speaker 3: I can't wait for the day where we just get into bed. And what's that?
Speaker 2: Steve?
Speaker 1: You know that no one has guessed the name.
Speaker 2: I'm not surprised. I thought it would be really out there name that not many people have.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no, but I do love the name Stone. Maybe future baby. Maybe I'm giving away my future.
Speaker 2: Baby stering, dippity staring, dippity something. I don't know.
Speaker 3: Well, that you're back from Barron Bay.
Speaker 1: You had a little j k.
Speaker 2: Not quite Byron Bay. I thought it was Byron Bay, but it's like three hours from Byron Bay.
Speaker 1: So you thought you were going to and then you're like, ship, how did you get there?
Speaker 2: Just drove? It's like in a car. Yeah, drove a car.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, so you're not you weren't like in an uber and you're like, holy ship, this is a five hour uber.
Speaker 2: No, it was in Byron, So it was in tenter Field, New South Wales. It's a this like nice cabin. Would you call it? Out in the middle of God's country really like nowhere? Yeah?
Speaker 1: Any animals, Yeah, there.
Speaker 2: Were some cows. So I was sitting by the fire and I was like, what's that and I could like hear some like rustling. So I got up and looked at it and there was just this cowd was staring at me and I was like eating a steak and I was like, oh sorry brother, no hard feelings, no hard feelings. But no, it was nice. There's like a river down there. We read a book down there, just relaxed. It was just really nice because it was just like it's off the grid cabin. So it was just really nice. But what got me was so there's no curtains, so in the middle of the nice you can like if you have the lights time, well, no people can see in, but you can't see out when the lights are on. So I was like, imagine if there's like I've watched a lot of horror movies in my time. Yeah, I watched a lot of horror movies. I don't get scared, but I had recently watched Vacancy if anyone's familiar with that. It's about this couple that go and stay in a motel in the middle of America and the people there like try and murder them. So I was standing there and I was like, fuck, this is like they can see, like, this is pretty scary here. It was fine. I fell asleep, okay, but I woke up when we woke up to a bird flying into the window just went banging. I was like, what was that accidentally, Yeah, like a colorful parakeet and it was on the ground like stunned, you know how they're stunned. And then I banged on the window and sort of like got off and then I hobbled off and flew off. So it lives, Thank god, Thank god, it's a life. But yeah, that was pretty full on.
Speaker 1: Oh my god. I see as someone who doesn't watch home movies, my imagination would still be going wild in the middle of nowhere. But I don't know how you do it when you have a whole bank of ideas of how someone's going to get you in that cabin in a rural area in the middle of nowhere, Like I just couldn't do it.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, if there were felts going through my head apartmentalism, like it's not real, they're just movies. No, but it's fine. I it was pretty nice looking up at the stars though, you see the stars. There was the drowned out the stars was which finally was the moon because it was near a full moon, so the light from that sort of like like blinded the stars, so you could you know what I mean, because you have to have a pitch black to see the stars.
Speaker 1: Did you do some manifesting? No, full moon manifesting.
Speaker 2: It wasn't full.
Speaker 3: It was almost full.
Speaker 2: It was almost full.
Speaker 3: Okay, Okay.
Speaker 1: You did mention something, and that was that you were reading your book and there's something that has been really grinding my gears. Yeah, and it's the fact that I'm seeing a little bit of chatter. I'm not gonna even say chatter. I'm taking a bit of bullying online towards you. I mean, I feel like there's a lot. But I don't know why. This is just hit a nerve with me because I just think, oh my god, it's just so uncalled for. So when you were at in Barron Bay, who were outside of Byron Bay wherever it was, you posted that you had your book with you, Goosebumps now.
Speaker 2: The top.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's wrapping the top. So he loves Goosebumps through and through to the core. But you've struggled for a while with reading, even like on this podcast, like you are always like you read it, like I can't. I hate reading like an insecurity of yours and something that you're like quite self conscious about. And I just think the fact that people are calling you out for reading Goosebumps. Goosebumps, Like, Okay, you've never read in your life and you've always You're always telling me I really want to improve reading, and I'm like, well, the way to do that is to read a book. You found a book that you love, Yes, it's Goosebumps. Yes, it's like maybe I don't know, teenagers or whatever, who cares the fact that you're like getting into it and actually taking it with you and properly reading it and spending time reading it and then people are just like making fun of you about that.
Speaker 3: It makes me really sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, thanks, Look, they're fine whatever they can too. It's pretty low. Imagine like someone enjoying something like that and trying to better themselves and you're sitting there behind your phone or your laptop or whatever you are and make fun of someone.
Speaker 1: And like you always advocate for like mental health and stuff, and like, you know, I just think it's it's a shame, sorry that you can't read a very you know, sophisticated book that has, you know, big words. You're starting where you want to start, and truly and you're really enjoying it and hopefully, like you know, it's not like you're always going to be reading Goosebus, but like let him live. Yeah, I don't worry about it. I'm behind you out, where's your head out? Fam is behind you, and no one's making fun of you for trying to read and trying to better yourself and you know whatever.
Speaker 2: And then I will soon graduate to the more sophisticated books, the bigger ones, and I learned to read that word and more words.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, speaking of words.
Speaker 2: Today we are we kill segues. Don't we feel smash it?
Speaker 3: Give myself a little powder that.
Speaker 1: Speaking of words, we are today talking about the millennial versus gen z war.
Speaker 3: That's happening. And you did it to me before.
Speaker 2: You are such a millennial, Matt.
Speaker 1: Said to me, you are such a millennial. And I just have to say to you, I was on your side and now we're gone.
Speaker 2: Head. Oh no, I'm a millennial as well.
Speaker 3: I know you are.
Speaker 1: But the whole that's such a millennial thing to say, it's it's toxic, Like who cares if that's a millennial thing to say? I am a proud millennial.
Speaker 2: I'm a pre millennial as well. I just I can when some people say that's that's my millennial. That's not what the cool hit kids are saying.
Speaker 1: But why are they cool just because it's a younger generation like we We should just be able to embrace our millennial generation, is true. Stop trying to fight it. Don't be one of those people at sixty who are trying to like fit in with like.
Speaker 3: The new the beat generation or whatever, and you'll.
Speaker 2: Be like shirt trying to fit in. Uh no on that though. This is true. And I don't know if you want to this. We used to make our wears your head out Instagram the esthetically pleasing style, which is very millennial.
Speaker 1: If you know, if you're a follower of Wear's your Head Out, a long time follower, you would have known our instagram was my face that face quote, my face.
Speaker 3: That face quote.
Speaker 2: Our team had a meeting and they're like, yeah, that's very millennial, but.
Speaker 1: Our team is very gen z. So they were like.
Speaker 2: Gen z yeah, and they were like, look, you should mix it up a little bit. We're trying to get there. I feel like we're posting, but.
Speaker 3: It's don't make it sound like for ancient history.
Speaker 1: No, I'm as young as I'm ever going to be.
Speaker 2: This is true. But like our style and that is that is true though, like it's there's a different style I think, even like the style of like TikTok's like different even like you know what I mean, Like it's all very gen z.
Speaker 3: Very yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean there's obviously everything is an evolution, and you know, as millennials, I guess like sometimes you try to keep up with the trends, but at the.
Speaker 3: End of the day, we are millennial.
Speaker 1: Millennials were really ourselves here.
Speaker 2: I feel like I'm still hip, dude.
Speaker 1: You're in your twenties, Like, let's not, let's not say hip as well.
Speaker 3: If it's like a boomer word boomer, he's like aged himself and now he believes his own true life.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Well, I was looking up some millennial words just to see how millennial we really are, and look, I'm not gonna lie a few of them, I do, say. Go on, so let's talk millennial words.
Speaker 2: First.
Speaker 3: One is bee? Do you say bae?
Speaker 2: Having for a long time?
Speaker 1: I might, I might write it as a caption like day.
Speaker 2: Yeah no, I probably haven't said that for a couple of years. Yeah right, let's catch you on. Keep that one.
Speaker 3: Write in your notes for later.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's a that's a word that we would have used what like five years ago. Yeah, some people like gen Z probably wouldn't use it.
Speaker 1: Maybe not, but maybe who knows. There's also basic, so basic, she's a basic bit.
Speaker 2: I thought that was still a word. I don't say that.
Speaker 3: But basic. I don't know if i've I don't know if I've said that. What about Sam?
Speaker 2: Yeah, we still say where you have fam, but that's.
Speaker 1: Also like what we call our community. So I think that's fine, that's the stuff.
Speaker 2: Now fished off, just like, oh god, we are God, what do you mean? I know, it's fine, it's fine.
Speaker 1: The only thing I don't love about being called millennial is like when people go, oh, it's a millennial pause, because that.
Speaker 2: Is what's that mean?
Speaker 3: So do it?
Speaker 1: When you post a video on like social media or online or whatever, Well, you record a video, let's.
Speaker 3: Just say on the start pause, you start pause, like if.
Speaker 1: You're recording a birthday message for someone and you put the camera on, you press play, and then you pause, and then you like take like a really long amount of time to realize you press play, like it's from pressing play. There's like a real pause, and then you go, Hi.
Speaker 2: That's yeah, no ship. I do that all the time. When I did my little movie with you, and I start with an okay, al right, guys are okay guys, and I hate it. That was my head. And when I watch it back, if you go from a highlight, it's like okay, okay, okay, okay, wait, you're gonna have a pause in there, so it's like okay, okay, okay. It's like keep going lit.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I definitely use lit on maybe a weekly basis.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'll say that was lit or I got lit.
Speaker 3: I got lit.
Speaker 2: I wouldn't say as much as I think I do, but yeah, I can see that extra.
Speaker 1: Well, I think I would say that, Oh she's so extra. Said that for a while, I'm feeling extra. I'm wearing an extra outfit.
Speaker 2: These are just normal slang words, aren't.
Speaker 1: They the specifically millennial slang words. Because we're doing this now because we know all of these, but when we go to the gen z slang we haven't seen the list yet.
Speaker 3: But I have a sneaky suspicion.
Speaker 1: I hope to know at least two same.
Speaker 3: Okay, high key and low key low key?
Speaker 2: I say that too, Yeah, I actually yeah.
Speaker 1: That is low key annoying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is loky all the time?
Speaker 3: I think I U is lokey. Yeah, very millennial, but she's millennial too. Shook.
Speaker 2: Yeah, are you shook on the probably on the weekly?
Speaker 3: Yeah, on the weekly, for sure.
Speaker 2: I'm shook by that.
Speaker 3: I'm shook.
Speaker 2: That shook me.
Speaker 1: That shook me to my core is one of my line. And then the last one is adult I've not.
Speaker 2: Used adulting, never adulted. You've tried.
Speaker 3: Don't bring up the goose use. It literally hurts my heart.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on to our gen z slang. If you're a millennial listening to this right now, we want you to guess how many you're going to get. Roughly, we don't know how many there are because we haven't seen the list, but I'm going to say I'm going to get too.
Speaker 2: Right, I'm going to back myself in here and say I'm going to get five.
Speaker 1: If you're listening at home or wherever, you're listening to this podcast from your bed. Now, okay, we're going to go in alphabetical order. Let's start with Addie.
Speaker 2: Addie so an abbreviation of address. We just read it out, ah, so we have to we have to guess what it means. Sorry, yeah, appreciation of address.
Speaker 3: I you, I would definitely have got that.
Speaker 2: So that's one to Yeah, that's one to me. Well, I remember years ago I was picking this girl up on a day. This is years ago, and I said, what's your addie? And she was like, what do you mean, Addie? And she called me like a loser or something. Well, hey, girl, I was ten years in advance there. I was ten years here, Addie.
Speaker 1: Is I feel like yes, okay, it must be a gen Z slang. But we were doing that a long time ago. Yeah, all right, they just brought it back.
Speaker 3: Am I right. Don't look at the answer.
Speaker 2: No, I'm looking at Just spell it out because it's am I right? Yeah, what means? Am I right?
Speaker 3: Am I right?
Speaker 2: But they've spelt it wrong. I've spelt it differently, so I can spell it.
Speaker 1: And I am I right. But I wouldn't like text that, or I wouldn't say in like I actually think it would be.
Speaker 3: A bit like intense to say aggressive or just like very like.
Speaker 1: Full of myself like yeah, so like I was trying to say a sentence, I have no idea what I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Say, like, I knew that, Am I right?
Speaker 1: I knew that? Am I right? I'm giving myself the egg must be one yeah, millennial sum Okay, moving on? And I oop?
Speaker 2: I have no idea what that means.
Speaker 1: So it's used to express surprise, shock, or realization, often in response to something unexpected or amusing.
Speaker 3: Am I oop?
Speaker 1: Should we get Blake in here around?
Speaker 3: Am I oop?
Speaker 1: Is that right?
Speaker 2: So our producer Blake is gen zz? Help me?
Speaker 1: Is am I oop? Correct? Am I saying that right.
Speaker 2: I think it's like and I oop, do you say it? I actually don't, actually honestly don't like that reading that.
Speaker 1: You're so millennial you can't even say and I oop.
Speaker 2: But like it doesn't make sense.
Speaker 3: That's silly.
Speaker 2: Red flag would be a millennial thing to say it in that context, I reckon.
Speaker 3: Yeah, okay, let's move on to letter B. We have BBG.
Speaker 2: Never heard about bby L.
Speaker 1: It's only like I okay, So that is an acronym that stands for baby girl describing something or someone cute.
Speaker 3: Okay, BBG, I could use that. That's pretty cute. Okay.
Speaker 2: Brat Yeah, that's that Charlie XCX thing, that brat summer and it was like lime green.
Speaker 1: I didn't see. I didn't know that.
Speaker 3: You're ahead of this time. But you've also got Tammy helping you.
Speaker 1: I feel like it's true. It's true, just for anyone else it says. It's a term coined by singer Charlie XCX in a tweet. Brat describes a person, often female, who is genuine self possessed, non conforming with a rebellious streak. See if someone called me a brat a bit offended, I'd be like, excuse what?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think Brat is a bit of a not derogatory, but like it's a bit of like an insult, isn't it?
Speaker 1: Like, Hey, Brat, Yeah you're a brat in this.
Speaker 2: I bet you gen Z don't remember Brat stars.
Speaker 1: No, they would.
Speaker 2: Surely are they still in the shop. Surely.
Speaker 1: It's like they still know the Wiggles. They've been around for forever.
Speaker 2: Both Wiggles were out last.
Speaker 1: But what about Barbie? Everyone knows Barbie.
Speaker 2: Barby's timeless. Brats never got up to Barbie's level. Do you see a Brats movie? Not?
Speaker 3: Yeah, it might be coming coming.
Speaker 2: Soon, because yeah, I know they will. They probably do that because movies studios don't want to make new movies now, they want to have existing eyeps. But that's a whole different story for another day. Don't get me started on that.
Speaker 3: That's not moving on to see we have a cap.
Speaker 2: I actually hate this.
Speaker 3: I don't know cap.
Speaker 1: Cap cap means going to cap you, No, it means lying or fake king. I actually went to class today.
Speaker 2: No, cap that's so cringe is probably millennials as well.
Speaker 3: I don't like cat. That's no for me. Okay, caught in four K.
Speaker 2: It means like you've found something for real, like you've seen it and it's no lie, it's no cap, like it's there.
Speaker 3: Okay.
Speaker 1: Caught in four K means someone caught in the act of something compromising.
Speaker 3: So like, if you're cheating, you're caught in four K.
Speaker 2: I've caught you in four K. Yeah, I guess I like we would say back in the day, would say we caught you in HD my death.
Speaker 3: In four K.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's move on. Crash out. What do you think, Matt?
Speaker 2: Yeah, I see tiktoks a crash out?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 1: What is it?
Speaker 2: It means like you're burnt out, you're done? Eh?
Speaker 1: So actually it means to get madder, upset despite your better judgment.
Speaker 3: Oh than no, I have no idea, just been watchings thinking it's one thing.
Speaker 1: So it's like this game is making me so mad. I'm about to crash out. So it's like you're getting mad, You're upset. That makes you despite your better judgment. So you thought you were gonna love it, it's making you crash out.
Speaker 2: I don't know.
Speaker 3: Let's move on to d we have dank dank.
Speaker 2: Dank describe what the Devil's letter says it's dank. Really, I'm pretty sure that's like in the nineties.
Speaker 1: So do you wanna do you have anything?
Speaker 3: Do you know what it means?
Speaker 1: It's excellent high quality. The party last night was dank. See if someone said that to me, I would just think they were talking a different language. Dank dank? What's what's that coming to my mind?
Speaker 3: Is it like in a song? I'm pretty sure it's dts.
Speaker 2: Well, this was coined Jordy sure jer millennial Jersey Sure dt down to fuck GTL Jim Tan laundry.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that was he was eating, like drinking pickle juice and eating like huge pickles.
Speaker 2: Are they still around? Yeah? I feel like I see tiktoks and ads of them.
Speaker 3: There's still seasons going.
Speaker 2: Wow, didn't the situation go to jail?
Speaker 1: He did go to jail.
Speaker 3: Tax for me.
Speaker 2: I saw a TikTok about it, and it was their salaries and they fucking went so high up towards the end they were on nothing. They're actually on what the T shirt store would pay them for the first season.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's so interesting. It is funny like people you see people in reality TV and you think they're making like big bucks. And of course there are like some reality TV people who were making a lot, like obviously the Kardashians, they're on bank, but they were all executive producers of that show.
Speaker 2: Well that's it, that's where the money is. Yeah, but yeah, they make a bunch of money now off it. I reckon like royalties from it now and it all comes off. It's like he was, they was saying they would do like appearances and they'd get paid at nightclubs, like thirty grand to rock up. Yeah, that's a lot of money.
Speaker 1: It's a lot of money.
Speaker 2: F Flavored air, vaping.
Speaker 3: Flavored air. I hate vaping.
Speaker 2: I can't get around that, around all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just like, especially like now that I'm pregnant as well, I find it's so rude when people are smoking in my direction and also vaping in my direction.
Speaker 2: I'd hate smoking. I hate I used to like, you know, I used to have them when you go out when you were a younger, like just smell bad. Yeah, the smell that makes me feel icky.
Speaker 1: Yeah, flavored air is a strong.
Speaker 3: Fyp for you paid paid.
Speaker 2: I don't think I'm going to say that in a conversation.
Speaker 3: No, but you know how central cite the raffer.
Speaker 1: He's like he has that song and it's like, how did we meet on the FYP.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's like twenty two, isn't he one day?
Speaker 1: He's probably?
Speaker 3: I love central Cy.
Speaker 1: I listened to like I have like a playlist that I just listened to and repeat with stuff.
Speaker 3: It's a good rapper. Okay. Highlighter kid.
Speaker 2: The kid walks around with highlighters in his pocket at school and highlights allies notes to study.
Speaker 1: It was a young child who wears neon colored clothes. I mean that is very niche. Do you remember when was in Yeah, I went to a Fluoro party once.
Speaker 2: It's really fun. Yeah. Should I do that for my thirtieth I want to do White Christmas in July.
Speaker 3: White Christmas in July would be good. It's very year.
Speaker 2: It's very meant over a highlight Fluoro party.
Speaker 1: A fluor party is very like trigger pants from though.
Speaker 2: You know, there's like little should I bring trigger pants back?
Speaker 3: I love true pants?
Speaker 2: Do you reckon they're still Salem?
Speaker 1: Where would you you had a true pants party? I don't know what we're talking about.
Speaker 2: Guys.
Speaker 3: Very millennial.
Speaker 2: It's very millennial. Imagine then as well, Like I play like hard styles and we're all shuffling and you have to do your hair like they would back in those days. The fringe, that's true. You don't even remember that.
Speaker 1: The puff like the girls would have like the puff at the front and then they would tease the hair.
Speaker 2: Nah, I remember like the fringe for the guys like that, like straightened fringe. Yeah. I live for hard styles. I live for the weekend. You do your triggers and you'd be dancing to it.
Speaker 3: I don't know that song. I was thinking more like Black Eyed Peas, don't funk with my Heart.
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no to different parties, didn't we You know, we can't sing songs anything. We have to pay for the riots to it.
Speaker 1: No, it's that vocally, it's not even close.
Speaker 3: Okay, let's move on.
Speaker 2: We have I s OO Isolation lockdown.
Speaker 1: So it's an acronym that stands for in search of used in online forums, classified ads, or social media posts to indicate that someone is looking for a specific item service. It's a boring one's.
Speaker 3: Okay, moving on.
Speaker 1: We have Duel j u U L Matt any suggestions.
Speaker 2: Vape thing is it?
Speaker 3: So it's a brand of electronic cigarettes. Also known as a vabe. How did you know?
Speaker 2: Mate said that to me one time and we're bowling, is my jewel?
Speaker 1: And I was like, did you get a ring?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I know that one, right, Okay, there you go.
Speaker 2: I know this next one, LFG, let's fucking go. Tom Brady used to say it before every game.
Speaker 3: What about l MS?
Speaker 1: No, I know that one, like my status used on social media asking for viewers to like the content.
Speaker 2: I've never known that. That's that's like millennial Facebook, like like for like, like, for like, for l.
Speaker 1: Follow for follow that he's gone back l MS.
Speaker 3: That's so funny.
Speaker 1: I've never heard that.
Speaker 2: This next one actually Blake used and this is before us. He used before we went on air. Law the Law, the Law.
Speaker 3: I thought when he said that, he was saying the law like l A W.
Speaker 2: No, it's it's I've seen it's I've seen it on TikTok because I actually sent it to the boys the other day. It was this is going to be a reference and many people get it was and Solo meeting Luke Skywalker and the CANTEENA for the first time, Yeah, right over your head. Star Wars reference the New Hope and it's they were sitting there and said the boys meeting and not realizing the law they're about to create.
Speaker 1: And what does it mean?
Speaker 2: Well, I thought it meant the history.
Speaker 1: And what doesn't mean the history?
Speaker 2: Okay, because when I read that, that's what I took from it. What the stories are about to create?
Speaker 3: Okay, let's move on. We have mid.
Speaker 1: Like it at like middle, yea average on that not mid average or not great. That show was mid like. It wasn't good, It wasn't bad.
Speaker 2: It was just mid.
Speaker 3: I could use mid get around that.
Speaker 2: Yeah, around that, that's pogers. What do you think that means? Like?
Speaker 1: I have absolutely zero, like nothing's coming to minds like you like you might stink?
Speaker 2: That's what I would say as well, an expression of excitement, amazement, and enthusiasm, mostly used by gamers. I reckon. I tell you who would know these wolf? He would know that one.
Speaker 3: Exploded with pogos.
Speaker 1: I just can't.
Speaker 3: It doesn't feel right, doesn't sink well, like things that slip in. Well.
Speaker 2: The next one is is rent free.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I've used that.
Speaker 2: I've used that a.
Speaker 3: Lot living rent free in your hand, Yeah, yeah, I've used that a lot of people living.
Speaker 2: I remember that dating back to like twenty eighteen.
Speaker 1: Okay, we have simp, someone who is desperate for attention or romantic relationships. I didn't know it was about desperate for attention. I thought it was just like you're simp, like you're obsessed with something.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's what I thought it was, as well, like you do whatever, such a snip. That's what I thought. It was small dick and nindy. So the opposite of.
Speaker 1: Bde Yeah, so someone who is insecure but acts overly confident to compensate for maybe what they're not packing.
Speaker 2: So like, yeah, that's that turns meeen old eys. Like you see someone driving an US car and you're like, they're over compensating for something, you know what I mean.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't really think it was like a nice car. I would think it on like how someone acts, Like if someone's quite demeaning towards people, or like they're too big for their own boots, or you know what I mean. Like it's like the I feel like it's the way someone acts acts.
Speaker 2: Not the way they dress. I mean, it depends like I'm talking about when people have those rapped duck cars and they're on Chapel Street revving it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a bit sluy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that is like real energy.
Speaker 1: Okay, snatched meaning perfect attractive. She was looking snatched at the Dams sentences at the Dams.
Speaker 2: Stan Stan great streaming service. I do find Stan has a lot, has a lot of stuff that Netflix does. And if you're hearing, you're not I love Stan.
Speaker 3: I love how you Netflix.
Speaker 2: Right if we want to get if we want to get into things to Be or Tubby.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a free one, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I've just hooked up to that. It has so many bad horrors. It's unbelievable. It's like a fucking b rated horror. Man's fucking wet dream. We dream, that's what you want to call it. It's amazing.
Speaker 1: The only reason I know about that is because we got a new TV and I was like looking up One Born Every Minute, which is like this show where people basically go into labor because I'm trying to like mentally prepare myself for the birth and people either have like natural births or water burths or sea sections whatever. Anyway, I was looking up and they're like, it's only available on to Be, but two bes free, and I was like what's the catch as, Yeah, that's it, But anyway, what does stand me back to stand?
Speaker 2: A mixture of stalker and fans, someone who's obsessed with the person. I used to stand him so bad in junior high.
Speaker 1: I've had a few stalkers in my day.
Speaker 3: Okay, last ones, we have vanilla, ordinary, boring, lacking special features.
Speaker 1: I don't think that's necessarily gen Z, I think we all kind of use that terminology. We have wig snatched. Any idea what that means?
Speaker 2: Matt snatched like someone stole your wig.
Speaker 1: It means extreme excitement or astonishment, especially in response to something surprising, impressive, or unexpected. When he hit that high note during the performance, my wig was snatched.
Speaker 3: Literally.
Speaker 1: If someone said that to me, I would think that they were like, Hi, yeah, I.
Speaker 2: Think that week would be like their actual physical hair would be removed. I've got one w.
Speaker 3: Y h, where's your head at?
Speaker 2: We're hip, we are young, we are still in it god, gen Z, we're on the list.
Speaker 1: We could have been into his other word hip and then he totally totally see.
Speaker 2: We're on the list.
Speaker 1: Okay, Final one, we.
Speaker 3: Have ZADDI sounds like a baddie's Zaddy.
Speaker 2: I have no idea Zach Zaddy.
Speaker 1: So Zaddy is a handsome, fashionable older man.
Speaker 3: She found a Zaddy.
Speaker 2: Do you reckon that? Some gen z think I'm a Zaddi older man.
Speaker 3: You're only twenty nine.
Speaker 2: I'm really fiping up.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dude, you're in your twenties. I'm in my thirties.
Speaker 2: Over here, We're not that.
Speaker 3: But I kind of love that terminology. Michael's a bit of a Zaddy. Yeah, well, I would think of a fashionable older man.
Speaker 2: I think Zaddi would go as far as, like in the forties, a silver fox. That's what I would call him. A silver fox.
Speaker 3: I would go into the fifties with Zaddy.
Speaker 2: Was it with you the other day? And that guy walked past and I was like, fuck, he was a silver fox.
Speaker 3: Yeah he was Like in the sixties he was a silver fox.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I think a Zaddy can be like up to sixties, I would say. I'd say, I mean sometimes even seventies. People in their seventies don't look like they did back in the day, Like my seventy year old grandparents are not what the seventy year olds these days are looking like.
Speaker 2: I saw one and this reference perfect to me. You wouldn't know this if you'd watch sign George Costanza. No, right, So George Costanza. They had a photo of George Costanza next to Logan Paul and they're like people in their thirties and the nineties and people in their thirties now, and it's like, yeah, it's completely like different.
Speaker 1: People used to die in their thirties like that. People's lifespan used to end like mid thirties. They'd like have kids and then they'd be like out, and then.
Speaker 2: We're going, that's going back to like the medieval time. So that's what they had next to Logan Paul.
Speaker 3: This dude, I share the camera.
Speaker 2: And he's in his thirties and he's in his thirties, George Costanza, and then they had him next to Logan Paul.
Speaker 3: People people are looking better.
Speaker 1: I don't know, like if we're eating more organic foods or we're taking better care of ourselves.
Speaker 2: George Stans is the goat. I don't care what anyone says.
Speaker 3: You know, people getting hair transplants these days.
Speaker 2: No, I'm just like Jason Alexander should have got a hair transplant. Yeah, well, people are not impressed with my knowledge of what you're.
Speaker 3: Talking about just.
Speaker 1: Like I didn't know to begin with.
Speaker 2: Okay, guys, we want to hear from you on the Facebook page. Tell us some jen Z gen Z references that you think we and we'll see if we know him or not.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it sounds good. And also, guys, remember I am about to go on maternity leave to have this little bubba. So Matt and I are going to be doing some hotlines. So if you have a crazy, funny, interesting story, send it into us and we'll reply to it.
Speaker 3: We're bringing back the hotline.
Speaker 1: We'll be pre recording some episodes so that we don't miss a week whilst I'm on maternity leave. And also, guys, if you're keeping up with my socials, you will have seen that I am dropping something very exciting. It's called Where's your bump at Make sure you follow that on Instagram.
Speaker 3: That's coming very soon. Stay tuned.
Speaker 1: Matt obviously loves having a chat with me, but he doesn't like talking about pregnancy stuff. So we're doing our own thing and it's going to.
Speaker 2: Be excited to listen to it.
Speaker 3: Though you better listen.
Speaker 2: This is very excited.
Speaker 1: I'm going to be I'm going to be questioning you when this comes out, No, but we are, we're very excited. We have experts on there.
Speaker 3: I've learned a lot, so you guys are going to learn a lot. And yeah, it's coming out soon to.
Speaker 2: Next time, guys. Ye