Speaker 1: Welcome the Late Debate.
Speaker 2: Well, thanks for joining us on the Late Debate. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond coming up. You've heard of people having a swear jar. Will some woman's come up with a misgender jar and being with her? I think that relationship will last long. We'll talk about that a little later and show you the jar. Plus when we look at the papers, big tech companies have been given six months to come up with a way of preventing children from accessing pawn online or else. And a paramedic crashes his ambulance after an eighteen hour shift. We'll talk about the pressure on our emergency services people a little later as well. But first, the Victorian government has launched a new campaign lecturing women on the need to be nicer to transgendered women. Now, the advertisement ostensibly is about tackling discrimination against transgender people, but it's a fact to tell women that they need to be responsible for making men feel safe and included.
Speaker 3: Let's play a little bit of that commercial.
Speaker 2: I want to start with you, what did you think when you saw that commercial. You've got a woman in an elevator who obviously feels threatened by clearly a biological man who.
Speaker 3: Towering over her, and she walks out.
Speaker 2: Apparently it's wrong for a woman to go with her instincts for personal safety.
Speaker 4: I can say I found this so infuriating because if the Victorian government wanted to do an honest version of.
Speaker 5: This ad, they would have had a mother and her.
Speaker 4: Little daughter in the bathrooms looking up and realizing there was a man standing there in a dress. If they wanted to make an honest version of this, they would have showed the women who have been injured because they were involved in this. No, no, we have to pretend that this man is a woman because he's playing on our team.
Speaker 5: Those are the kinds of things that would have been included in this ad.
Speaker 4: I do not believe for a single second in twenty twenty four that people are treating transgender people in their everyday lives. You're at the supermarket, say, any different than anybody else.
Speaker 5: The only friction.
Speaker 4: That arises when it comes to trans people and trans rites is when you are asking women to give up ground, whether that's our change rooms, sports, making us basically deny our god given instincts and just go.
Speaker 5: Don't go on your gut feeling.
Speaker 4: Here, ladies, you give up your rights for a handful of deluded men.
Speaker 5: That is what that ad is essentially saying.
Speaker 4: I mean, it's never blokes who have their rights encroached on.
Speaker 5: It's always women. And like I say, if.
Speaker 4: They were honest, how about the scenario where a man rocks up to kindergarten to pick up his five year old and one of the teachers is dressed in drag. Those are the situations in which there is a friction in society. I believe that's a healthy friction. It should not be discouraged. And who is the government to tell us who to like, who to dislike, who to distrust?
Speaker 5: We saw this during the pandemic. The government loves to tell you.
Speaker 4: How you should be thinking or feeling about certain people. Ninety nine times nine is not even a thing. Ninety nine point nine percent of the time they are completely.
Speaker 5: Wrong, and people or to go with their gut instincts.
Speaker 4: I don't care how you dressed. If you want to wear a dress, power to you. And it depends on the context and the vibe I'm getting off you at any given point in time, which will dictate how I behave toward.
Speaker 6: Anyone, and what problem does the Victorian government think they're actually solving here, Like transgender people make up such a small portion of the population that they think it is worth spending shed loads of money.
Speaker 5: Making out and love to know how to say that.
Speaker 6: You know you must treat a certain class of person in a particular way. And of course at the end they show the example of the transgender woman going to play the sport by which the state government is telling you that if you feel uncomfortable about a biological male playing against you on the football field or playing with you on the football field, maybe if it's on your team, you don't mind so much because it might give you an advantage.
Speaker 1: So we're all all fine and dandy there.
Speaker 6: But if you are on the football field with a biological man as a woman and you feel uncomfortable about that, that there is something wrong with you that you must be re educated. And of course the tenor of the advertisement is the unsaid says a lot right.
Speaker 1: And people make conscious or.
Speaker 6: Unconscious decisions all the time that perhaps follow along those lines.
Speaker 1: And so let's say, as a.
Speaker 6: Man, I am walking on a footpath at night and a woman crosses the road to walk on the other side of the road because she's conscious of the fact that she's on her own and I am there as a man. Now, the unsaid there is that I'm a potential rapist, and I know I'm not a potential rapist, but we acknowledge that she's done it for her own safety because she felt uncomfortable. And so what the state government is saying here is that if you feel uncomfortable in a situation and you make a decision for yourself, that is a bad thing. That the unsaid that you are saying is a bad thing. Well, in most situations, we just acknowledge that, you know, sure that person was uncomfortable. I'll just get on with my day.
Speaker 2: And as Liz said, no one argues that people shouldn't be allowed to live their lives the way that they want to live, the way they feel comfortable. And genderness for her for a very small percentage of the population, but it's a very real thing, and they deserve our understanding and our respect. But this goes beyond that, and it starts to push people to accept things they not i e. Biological men and women's sports. You notice doesn't show any tackles, no shows the team that she's part of being really happy, but I'm not so sure the team we're all that excited, especially when they're being cut off by ambulances.
Speaker 5: The whole ad.
Speaker 4: Is about think about how you're making a trans person feel well. That goes both ways, doesn't it, Because these men donny address and expecting me to come to the party and be.
Speaker 5: Like, oh, you're one of us. No you're not.
Speaker 4: You don't care about how I'm feeling. I'm really uncomfortable because you're in my bathroom. Thankfully that hasn't happened yet, because God only knows what would transpire in that bathroom. But it doesn't go both ways. Everyone's being taught no, no coddle to this.
Speaker 5: I keep saying, man, because it usually is male.
Speaker 4: This person's delusions and everybody else just suppress your feelings about this. And it's like, well, why isn't that person worried that they're making everybody else uncomfortable. That girls are missing out on scholarships, girls are missing out on opportunities to compete in state championships and others because they're being robbed by biological males. Girls are being made to feel very uncomfortable in their bathrooms in their change rooms.
Speaker 5: They don't care about that.
Speaker 4: So how about this go fifty to fifty both ways. There's quite a few unisex options nowadays when it comes to toilets. You can believe whatever you want to believe about yourself, but I am not ever going to be forced to buy into somebody else's reality at the cost.
Speaker 5: Of my own.
Speaker 2: The other irony about this is it's only a few weeks ago that State MP Tim Richardson was appointed the first ever Parliamentary Secretary for changing men's behavior so that Victoria could be a safer place for women and children. And then next minute we've got an advertisement that encourages women to ignore their instincts for survival and for women to allow biological men to play sport with them. And again, we're not having a shot at transgendered people, even go.
Speaker 3: As far as calling them. Many of them.
Speaker 2: Really do feel the way they feel, but it's about they're.
Speaker 4: Trying to I believe it's a delusion, and I'm allowed to believe that, and I'm allowed to say that.
Speaker 5: You don't have to water down my words. If I get in trouble, Mac, I get in trouble.
Speaker 6: But it's the principle of the message that it's sending. It's the same as you know, it's mother now gets scrubbed from medical journals, and it's you birthing parent, and it's chest feeding as opposed to Breastfeeding's not delusional behavior. No, no, I'm not arguing about that point. I'm making the point that what this does as with that, is it says that you have to readjust your.
Speaker 1: Life for me.
Speaker 6: Right, instead of acknowledging that you're not in the majority and we don't have to readjust the entire world for you, you're saying, no, no, you must readjust the world for me.
Speaker 1: It's selfishness, right, And in.
Speaker 6: These cases, no one cares really what you want to do with yourself. No one cares. Get on with your life and let me get on with mine. Let's go to the US now, where, of course, we saw the debate on Friday. I'm sure you saw it as well. Now, look, we're not going to pull it apart piece by piece, because we spent plenty of time doing that on the weekend. But it's interesting to see some of the fallout and where things have gone after the debate. Now, of course you saw exactly how the president performed formed on Friday, and his team went into overdrive on the weekend to try and fix up the miss that he had created. His team was on the phone basically the minute he walked off the stage, calling up as many supporters as possible, calling snap meetings with his staff as they were on the phone to Chuck Schumer to see what everyone thought about it, because they know exactly how badly this has played out. We will give you a little reminder of how things went on Friday morning. So we haven't got that grab just yet. But when you look at Biden and the way he performed on the weekend or Friday, for US, there is no way now that he can be the candidate. He just can't write unless the Democrats want to lose that election, because as I said on the US Report on Friday night, he lost the presidency on Friday morning. Now, whether they're means that he loses the presidency before November or he loses it in November is somewhat immterial. But he lost the presidency in.
Speaker 1: Some way or another.
Speaker 6: If they're not doing something now to get rid of him, there's something wrong.
Speaker 5: But I think this was it is the purpose of it.
Speaker 4: There's a reason why this was the earliest presidential.
Speaker 5: Debate debate in American history.
Speaker 4: You don't have it this far out to an election. You wait until things are a lot hotter, maybe a month, maybe a couple at a stretch where here in well, it only just went July. This was June, and they're having debates to decide who you're going to vote for in November. And I said this months ago when the Dems did this dramatic one to eighty, No, we're not going to debate. No, we're not going to have a presidential debate all of a sudden, Yes, yes we are. I said, there's only two reasons why they would do this. Number one, because we're going to see the Manhattan Project of pharmaceutical stimulants and everyone's going to.
Speaker 5: Be like, oh, actually, wasn't that bad. I think he's up for a vote or option number two.
Speaker 4: And this one always had my money was that this was deliberate. The whole idea was to do it this early so people could watch him crash and burn, and the Democrats would have the justification to do a ditch and switch with quite a few months out to the election. As opposed to if they'd done it in normal presidential debate time, that would have been a very very dire situation. So they make sure the debate happens in June. And despite all the CNN being a very friendly network for the Democrats, all the bits and pieces that were put in place, there was.
Speaker 5: A two minute delay.
Speaker 4: What do you need a two minute delayed?
Speaker 5: What were you antssipating could happen.
Speaker 4: While the debate was underway? It was he maybe going to collapse or something. I mean, for those not in media, a two minute delay is that is that is you're preparing for potentially armageddon. So despite all of that, Biden still couldn't do an even average job.
Speaker 5: It was genuinely painful.
Speaker 2: You mentioned how early the debate was in terms of the month June, but it was also late because it was nine o'clock at night, wasn't it, Which clearly Joe Biden is not performing at his premium that late in the evening.
Speaker 3: He's normally in better. It was certainly late in the evening.
Speaker 6: I saw a story today that said he apparently is like tuck it out after four pm.
Speaker 1: The poor back, yeah, I mean will broken.
Speaker 4: That is performance wasn't a setup, which I believe it was.
Speaker 2: Most of his poor performance was because he had a cold. It must have been the mother of all man colds to produce that before and he was.
Speaker 6: He was up fine and dandy the next morning with a teleprompter, performing much better.
Speaker 1: He sounded totally fine.
Speaker 6: So if it was if he had a cold, that was why he sounded so cropy, that's crap.
Speaker 1: And did you see today they're now.
Speaker 6: Claiming that it was because the CNN makeup artists had done him up too pale or something and that made him like he was sick.
Speaker 1: Like they're looking for every excuse.
Speaker 3: That The problem is, we've all seen it. We've got to clip here.
Speaker 2: We'll show you the one from twenty nineteen where Biden is debating, and you can all see the comparison for yourselves and the deterioration in just a short space of time.
Speaker 3: Have look at this.
Speaker 6: I continue to think we have to make fundamental changes in civil rights, and those civil.
Speaker 4: Rights, by the way, include not just on my African Americans, but the LGBT community.
Speaker 7: He wants to get away with it yet rid of the ability of medicare to own for the ability for the.
Speaker 3: So there you go. It's plain for all to see.
Speaker 2: And it doesn't matter how the Democrats try to spin this man, flu bad makeup artist, whatever you want.
Speaker 3: But it gets even worse.
Speaker 2: Right, Not only does that debate performance demonstrate why he should not be present again, but they're now meeting at Camp David, and he's getting advice from among people like Hunter.
Speaker 3: Biden is there. He's got the family advising.
Speaker 5: Him on what he should do.
Speaker 1: Get on the drugs. That's that's the advice. Dad wants. Some men that'll get you going.
Speaker 4: The buddy, you got plenty of powder, which the White House at one point tried to convince us was soaring powder, you know.
Speaker 5: Like the wood chips that you get.
Speaker 4: But yeah, no, apparently Hunter Biden is a prolific carpentine.
Speaker 2: Do you remember they were saying that the problem's unfair to Biden because everyone set such a low bar for him to jump, and they were complaining the bar was so low, like he's just got to show up and breathe.
Speaker 3: Well, he couldn't even jump that.
Speaker 6: I know, I know, Will he was barely breathing, right, but I couldn't get over Nancy Pelosi then coming out afterwards, and you saw it with your own eyes what happened at that debate. You know Biden is utterly demented. His brain is mashed potato. We can all see it. So Nancy Pelosi comes out and says, perhaps it's not Biden, we should be worried about that. There's another man with dementia that's a bigger threat.
Speaker 8: My people are very much Biden, Kamla Harris, and this is an opportunity for Joe Biden to go out there and show he has the stamina and the rest. And by the way, while the press and for some reason they don't, there are a healthcare professionals who think that Trump has dementia, that his collection, his thoughts not go together.
Speaker 3: Amazing.
Speaker 1: No, Trump's got demitia. Trump's got to don't worry about Biden.
Speaker 2: You know who this selection is going to be between the Republicans and the dementia credit.
Speaker 5: Ready to get that one from?
Speaker 1: Can I say that? How can you say that with a straight face.
Speaker 5: With Nancy Pelosi?
Speaker 1: I said, true, true, true.
Speaker 6: And there are when I wondered whether Nancy Pelosi is all there herself to me right, And she's just as ancient as Joe Barden is well.
Speaker 2: I mean, I think even Jill is showing signs of dementia. I mean, do you remember after the debate and she says that Joe, he.
Speaker 1: Did so good. No no, no, no.
Speaker 2: Question, the wait, and then she says to the crowd, and what did Trump do? Just after she's told absolute porkies because he knows he didn't do great. She knows he didn't grow great. We all know he didn't great. And then she goes, but Donald Trump lies. She's just lied to her husband about his performance.
Speaker 6: That's not a sign that she has dementia. That's a sign that she's desperate to continue living in.
Speaker 1: The White House.
Speaker 6: And she's popping out her husband every single day to try and keep him in the place, because you look everywhere he goes. Now he's holding her hand, he's leading her. She waves to the public. She is the public face of that marriage because she wants to stay in the world.
Speaker 2: Right after the debate, Donald Trump just exited the state. Yeah, and Biden, I timed it was twenty seconds. It took him to get down three steps, Liz with Jill holding his arm.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, yeah. It was all on display.
Speaker 4: And I'm surprised that any elder abuse advocates haven't come after Jill Biden. She has done this for years now, and the Democrats are.
Speaker 5: Kind of being forced to wake up.
Speaker 4: And smell the kibble and admit that they can smell the kibble. Even the lefty media in America having to admit after Friday's performance, I.
Speaker 5: Can't believe it.
Speaker 4: Maybe there's some truth to these dementia rumors.
Speaker 5: The guy is not okay staying in the States.
Speaker 4: Now, we all know that the DOJ, the Department of Justice, has been investigating Boeing over a well litany of offenses. There were the fatal crashes of twenty eighteen and twenty nineteen. No survivors on those two planes killed over three hundred and sixty people. Well, the FEDS are finally taking them to task, and this is no small thing given Boeing has massive contracts with both the Pentagon and NASA. Now, what happened was they were given a bit of a deal back in January twenty twenty one, whereby they weren't going to be prosecuted for those entirely full planes that hit the ground and killed everyone on board. This deal protected them from criminal prosecution in connection with those crashes. Now prosecutors are alleging and this is why Boeing's getting looked into again by the DOJ. The prosecutors are alleging they broke that deal.
Speaker 5: Boeing had a good deal, they broke it.
Speaker 4: So now the DOJ is saying, well, we can prosecute you for basically, I would call it the mass murders of over three hundred and sixty innocents due to Boeing's negligence. Here's this last month when the CEO of Boeing gave a well I guess he had to, didn't he A big sorry to the family members present as.
Speaker 5: This is all being looked into.
Speaker 7: I would like to apologize on behalf of all of our Boweing associates spread throughout the world, past and present, for your losses their dog, and I apologize for the grief that we have caused, and I want you to know we are totally committed in their memory, the work and focus on safety for as long as long as we're employed by Boeing.
Speaker 5: So again, I'm sorry.
Speaker 4: Boeing is once again being offered quite the sweetheart deal by the FEDS. They say, hey, if you guys, plead guilty to fraud with regard to these two plane crashes. You've gotten till Friday to basically take the plea. Now only knows who whether Boeing will.
Speaker 5: Take this or not.
Speaker 4: It seems like another ridiculously good deal from the Feds. And of course the families of the victims of these two plane crashes are very, very angry about it. There's a quote from the mother of a woman who lost her twenty four year old daughter in the twenty nineteen crash. She said, we are upset they should just prosecute. They are saying, we can argue to the judge. Of course they should be prosecuted. This is an absolute no brainer. And also, why have we heard nothing else about the two Boeing whistleblowers. One showed up dead in March while he was in the middle of testifying against Boeing. He'd worked for them for over thirty years. He finally got his day in court prosecuting these guys and playing his part holding their feet to the fire.
Speaker 5: He suddenly showed up dead in his own vehicle.
Speaker 4: Shot parked in a car park somewhere before he could go back and testify the next day. Roll around May, another whistleblower. First one was John Barnett. Second one was Joshua Dean. He was absolutely fit and wonderful, his family and friends say, and then died suddenly after two weeks of being diagnosed.
Speaker 5: With a mystery illness.
Speaker 4: Now, of course I can't cast aspersions here, but to me, that sounds incredibly suspicious. These guys were speaking truth to power. Then he said of John Barnette that he made a lot of powerful enemies.
Speaker 5: Obviously speaking out as he did for so many years.
Speaker 4: This thing was finally coming to a head, and two of the main whistleblowers, one dies in May shot and the other from a mystery illness when two weeks two weeks prior, he was fighting fit.
Speaker 6: There's two possible reasons that they've offered this plea bargain. One is that they just really can't be stuffed going through a trial and all the expense that will come with it, so they're just like, we want.
Speaker 1: This off the books.
Speaker 6: Please just play guilty so we can get this over and done with, which is a total disservice to the families. The other is that Boeing has for a long time had significant contracts with the Pentagon and the defense force in the United States. So the federal government of the United States itself has a bit of egg on its face and has to think seriously about the safety of the people it is putting in these planes. It has been buying planes from them for so damn long, So the quicker they.
Speaker 1: Get it out of the way, the better it is for them.
Speaker 6: But the only right thing to do in this case is to prosecute it, to go to trial, to bring out all the narali details, because you can have your investigations in terms of what's been happening in the US at the moment, but once you get in a courtroom, you can really get down into the nitty gritty of what has been going on in those factories. That's when we're really going to hear the serious stuff, and that's what we need to here. So I wouldn't be surprised to see Boeing plead guilty and try and get rid of it.
Speaker 1: But they just can't be stuff doing it, and it's a joke.
Speaker 2: And the decline of Boeing, which has been a great I mean, it's a classic American company, right, but in order to cut costs rather than producing all of the plane components themselves, whether it's the tail, the fuselage, the landing gear, the flight controls, they're all manufactured by different companies. In fact, there's more than six hundred companies, thirty five of which are in China that are making components, and so they outsource the manufacture. These six hundred companies ship the components to Boeing who then simply assemble the planes. So you can imagine trying to do safety standards and inspections on components coming from six hundred and more different companies and then add subcontractors to that. But they've gone that way to try to reduce costs, but of course that's increased massively the potential for things to go wrong. And the accusation is with the seven three seven Max aircraft, one that crashed in Ethiopia, the other one in Indonesia.
Speaker 1: And within five months of each within.
Speaker 2: Five months of each other, and that Boeing committed fraud or conspiracy to defraud the government by misleading them regarding safety inspections. If it was just that, maybe, but as you've pointed out with these whistleblowers, there's been so much since then, not least of which doors being blown out of planes, a wheel coming off a plane at Atlanta Airport.
Speaker 3: And so on and so forth. Boeing have a lot to answer for.
Speaker 4: They do, and I'm sorry that they've been offered this sweetheart deal. Of course they'd be nuts not to take it. They've got until Friday to make a decision. But it certainly isn't fair if, like the government knows you have all these massive contracts with us, We're just going to give you a good deal.
Speaker 1: Let you off the hook again.
Speaker 5: I mean, why were they offered that in the first place.
Speaker 6: I mean, it can jeopardize the contracts, but still I think it probably saves face a little bit for the government because the more they go through a trial where they point out all the errors that Boeing is made, then the question start being asked, why have you been buying military planes from them for so long?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: And the other thing is the financial I mean in twenty twenty one is when you mentioned they're offered that first deal, it was a two hundred and forty four million dollar fine. But victims of the flights that crash they reckon they could get twenty four billion.
Speaker 5: Dollars, so they should be entitled to it.
Speaker 4: Absolutely they should be entitled to it, because even years prior to those crashes, guys like John Barnett and others were trying.
Speaker 5: To blue the whistle.
Speaker 4: They were still working at Boeing at the time, but internally.
Speaker 5: They were like, hey, guys, this isn't working.
Speaker 4: In fact, John Barnett one of the stories that he did get to tell was that he would send emails to his superiors about the negligence that was happening on the floor, saying, you know, the deadlines are too quick. The guys are just slapping these things together because of the operational standards, they're just.
Speaker 5: Not being met. And he said that they would never write back.
Speaker 4: They would always come to him and speak to him in person, so there was.
Speaker 5: No pay portrayal.
Speaker 4: And I guess even then they can just argue, are never really saw his emails?
Speaker 5: Yeah, no, did you send me an email? John?
Speaker 4: These guys knew what was going on, and that's where surely this becomes some sort of a manslaughter case, because it's like, you knew you weren't doing due diligence and hundreds of people to climbing aboard your flights every single day.
Speaker 3: Well, let's go to Europe.
Speaker 2: Where elections are taking place and Conservatives keep gaining momentum as the public pushes back against mass immigration. After the first round of voting in the French parliamentary election national Rally, that's the right wing party or the Conservative Party, I should say, they're leading the polls, getting thirty three percent of the vote compared to the left wing New Popular Front party twenty nine percent, and Emanuel Macron's own party got only twenty percent of the vote. The irony there is that, of course Macron called for this early election hoping that people would try to counterbalance a big Conservative win in the European Parliament. It's ironic that he's done this while these soccer is on because talk about own goals, He's now pretty much guaranteed that his centrist party won't have power in parliament, and by the time the Olympics rolls around, Liz, there could be a twenty eighty year old prime minister in France.
Speaker 5: Indeed, Lapenn's what do you call them? The don't know when you have a youngling that you've raised up yourself.
Speaker 3: Mentor no protege.
Speaker 4: Yes, that's well, you were useless.
Speaker 6: But didn't know where you were going.
Speaker 3: I'm not Richard here incredible, clearly, I am.
Speaker 5: Thank you should be incredibly exciting.
Speaker 4: I just couldn't believe learning how complex the French I know, yeah, yeah, the fact that they're like oh la Penz Party has wiped the floor with them. But this is just the first round, and then a week later, if in your seat you've got over fifty percent of the vote, you've got the seat.
Speaker 5: It's all over, red rover.
Speaker 4: If you got under a twelve point five you don't make it to the second round. So if nobody got over fifty percent in that seat, then everyone who got twelve point five percent or above is back in the running, and everybody in those seats has to go back to the balls the following week to pick a winner out of who's left.
Speaker 3: Sorry, can you explain that again?
Speaker 1: I can explain it very quickly.
Speaker 6: It's why preferential voting is a good sister, I entrusted.
Speaker 5: The friend to come out with this.
Speaker 4: But the pollsters are saying Le Penz Party the National rally could get up to two hundred and eighty seats.
Speaker 5: The complication is they.
Speaker 4: Need two hundred and eighty nine to get majority government, otherwise they'd have to make some sort of a deal with the lefty dregs who have also run and got a foot in the door, but not nearly as many seats.
Speaker 3: The amazing part of it be very interesting.
Speaker 2: They said they could get two hundred eighty seats going into this, let nine more than that, Yeah, but they only started with eighty eight or eighty nine seats. So you can see the push towards the right and towards conspiracy absolutely, and of course people on the left don't like.
Speaker 3: It at all.
Speaker 2: Here's some of the reaction on the streets of France after that vote. Again, and here I was Caleb thinking it was the right wingers who called all the violent, nasty, nasty, devastation, nasty black lives matter.
Speaker 1: That was all false, wasn't it.
Speaker 6: And you made the point before about what is Macron playing at here? And I think this is probably Emmanuel Macron's version of David Cameron's Brexit moment right where he tried to set the thing up to fail so that he could then say, well I did and it didn't work, so we can't talk about this anymore, right, But this is the great swifty that he can start to pull with this diabolical system that they have in France where you kind of get a read on where the election is going on the first weekend, which then tells you how to campaign in the lead up to the second weekend, and so traditionally what has happened in France is that people have sort of ganged up in a way to stop the Marine Leapen and her mob from being able to form any kind of great numbers. But now that they know that they did so well, they polled so well in the first round, they're going to be doing everything they can over the next week to make sure they can reverse that come next weekend. So it's almost like your opponents are given a window into how good you are, so they know how to change their campaign to screw you over in the lead up to another election. In what world is that good democracy? I just don't understand it.
Speaker 2: The other interesting thing about this is we've got another key Western nation in France that will probably end up with a hung parliament.
Speaker 3: That's what they're suggesting.
Speaker 2: They don't think anyone's going to get enough to govern in their own right right at the time, where we've got China, Russia, North Korea, the ayatol In. We've got trouble all over the world, and France will likely have a hung parliament, a prime minister and a president.
Speaker 3: Who are politically opposed.
Speaker 2: So you've got domestic chaos when we need Western countries to be strong and united to ward off the threats that are.
Speaker 3: You just get on the horizon ball.
Speaker 5: That's a necessary up evil. It's a something. France is in shambles. I've been there several times. I have friends who live there. They themselves are Frenchies, and.
Speaker 4: They've told me for years the deterioration of their nation just unfolding before their eyes, years in, year out.
Speaker 5: And this is hence the uprising.
Speaker 4: So even if it doesn't in a hung parliament, even if things do have to be messy for a little while, it's worth it. This is the sorting of the wheat and the chaff.
Speaker 5: This is the French.
Speaker 4: He's rising up saying we don't like what our country has become. And if that means voting for La penn I mean thirty four percent of the national vote on round one, that is incredible.
Speaker 5: Well done to them.
Speaker 6: And look, you know, as I said before, I'm not that crash hot on their voting system over there. But there are a few things that the French do well. They do wine really well, they do cheese really well. And you can argue about how good their cars are. I think their cars are good to look at, but they don't operate all that well. One thing that France I don't think is known for is speed boats. But you know, if you're a trade in Australia, you're probably know about speedboats.
Speaker 1: Get it out there on the weekend.
Speaker 6: Well, you know who else is getting speedboats? People smugglers. Yes, people's smuddlers who are bringing people or trying to bring people to Australia. Most recently they've been trying to get on to Christmas Island. Reportedly, what is happening is that the border force is rounding all of the people off the boat that they were trying to get here on. They then go and destroy that boat. They didn't put them on a speed boat and say jetsoff back to Indonesia.
Speaker 1: Boys, have a good time.
Speaker 6: Have a look at one of these boats and you'll see the people milling around it. They alleged when they got back on shore to Indonesia that this boat was given to them by the Australian Border Force. It all looks like quite a nice boat to me, probably a lot better than the one that the people smugglers were using in the first place. The reporting on this today in the Australian Dahlan's one of the blokes who was on that boat. He told Indonesian police that they were held at sea for eleven days on the Australian Patrol vessel before being transferred to a quote unquote speedboat and told to go back to Java. Local said this type of speedboat was uncommon on the southern Java coastline, although boats like it were used in other parts of Indonesia for fishing and diving tours. So we've come up with this ingenious plan that if you try to come to Australia on a rickety boat, we're going to take your rickety boat away from you and destroy it, and then we're going to give the people smugglers a you but speed boat to go back to Indonesia to pick up more people.
Speaker 1: So they're going to do.
Speaker 5: Has confirmed this right?
Speaker 1: Well, where would they get the speedboat from.
Speaker 4: I'm sure that there could be an old mate watching tonight being like what media boat I've got to visit the marina.
Speaker 1: That looks a lot like my boat.
Speaker 5: But but this has not been confirmed. We are taking.
Speaker 2: The dell Arm's word for it exactly.
Speaker 4: So I don't know what to make of this, but I wouldn't put it past the government because the last.
Speaker 5: Thing they need right now is stories of.
Speaker 4: More people rocking up and then everyone goes, oh, borders a week under Labor, and again and again and again it goes. So they don't want that story hitting the newspaper one more time. So I wouldn't put it past them to be like, okay, we're handing out speedboats from now on.
Speaker 3: Exactly why we complain.
Speaker 2: We've been telling the Labor government to be tough on borders, turn back boats instead of Tony Abbott, who gave them a lifeboat which with a little diesel motive will take them forever to get back. Governments like get on a speedboat, get out of here a stove.
Speaker 6: So because you can't take that lifeboat back to Australia like you're essentially if you're a crackhead and I'm like, you've got a dodgy myth pipe, I'll take your myth pipe away from you. Here's a better myth pipe, like we're saying to the people smugglers. You come over in a rickety boat. He is a better boat, so you can keep doing your job.
Speaker 2: I did not understand that frustrations bid love and he really actually offered it to his fan. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow.
Speaker 3: That's coming up in a moment.
Speaker 2: All right, welcome back. Let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow. So you hear it here first. Don't have to buy the paper tomorrow. We'll tell you all about it.
Speaker 1: Hang on, James, James, Jamps.
Speaker 6: Don't discourage people from buying the papers. You know, the news court papers pay me to write for them, right.
Speaker 1: I want you to buy the paper. Please buy the paper.
Speaker 3: And so you don't have to it. Oh no, I actually did say that. Just read the paper. Canst do?
Speaker 6: We all part of the one company here. Let's all just look after each other, especially my paypack it. Let's go to the cans post tomorrow where it says meant a given six month deadline, social media companies have been given six months to come up with enforceable codes to protect young kids from pawn after research found children as young as eight are unintentionally seeing graphic sexual content while scrolling on the apps. Look, I think we probably already knew that kids looking at porn on social media, but something absolutely has to be done about it because it is a free for all and Facebook not quite as much. But I have noticed X of late is pushing through a lot of particular promo stuff like only fans models, and this kind of stuff is a bit more of a.
Speaker 4: Larsoose just ads, Caleb. So what does that say about it?
Speaker 6: No? No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, here we go.
Speaker 1: I knew Liz was going to go, do you know.
Speaker 5: Because we all know how the market.
Speaker 4: I've never seen an only fans out on my ex feed.
Speaker 2: Well, the bottom line is it's way too trying to.
Speaker 3: Get back to the topic.
Speaker 2: The topic is that it's way too easy for kids to stumble across porn. The only surprises they haven't done anything about this years ago, because this is not a recent problem, which is why everybody for a long time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, which is why once again I call complete bs on this.
Speaker 5: They're saying, oh, it's so bad for kids, selfish state. We've known this for as long as social media has existed, Oh, kids are accessing pornography.
Speaker 4: It was over three years ago that it made headlines that the average age of exposure to pornography in Australia is, to our shame, nine years of age.
Speaker 5: And you want to act shocked about it in twenty twenty four.
Speaker 4: We have known this has been going on for forever, and this is they've been going very hard on this because they're all right, well, we've got to protect children, and as I keep on saying, no reasonable person is going to disagree with that. But the only way to do it is the real agenda that they're pushing, and that is some sort of digital idea that you will need to prove when you jump online that you are over eighteen or whatever age restriction maybe on that site. Facebook already tries to check your age, but of course kids can lie just as easily as adults. If you're accessing some sort of material or even ordering booze on and it comes up saying are you eighteen, anyone can click yes, I'm eighteen.
Speaker 5: And that's the end of it.
Speaker 4: So yeah, I just believe there is a very different agenda to this because every single thing that they come out with arguing for these protections for children. Has been the case for countless years now, and you have had mountains of research and you have done absolutely nothing about it. But all of a sudden, just weeks after you pass your digital identity bill, it's the talk of the town and we never see a front page without it. It's been weeks and weeks and weeks. Gee, I wonder why, all of a sudden it's top priority. Let's go to the front page of the Herald's Sun now. Paramedic near miss. A paramedic is lucky to be alive after crashing down an embankment in the Hume region following an eighteen hour shift. The worker had endured a shift from hell, having worked from seven am until one well sorry, one third thirty am the following morning.
Speaker 5: When he fell asleep at the wheel on Thursday.
Speaker 4: Thank goodness, he and everybody else is okay.
Speaker 5: But this is just going to be what's.
Speaker 4: Happening when you're overworking paramedics, staff and all manner of other stuff. As medicos, you just want to be glad it didn't cost someone their life, because even if you're trying to focus on you're at the scene and you're trying to help someone or you're measuring out a dosage of something.
Speaker 5: Goodness knows what can happen when you're sleep deprived.
Speaker 6: And I'm surprised it's taken this long for something like this to happen, because it's not new that nurses and paramedics are put under a hell of a lot of pressure over very long shifts.
Speaker 1: And I suppose there's always been an.
Speaker 6: Attitude within the industry that it's like, well, I had to do that when I was earning my stripes as a nurse, and therefore the rest of you should have to go through that as well, because that's just how it's always been.
Speaker 1: But it shouldn't be that way.
Speaker 6: I mean, these are the people that we entrust to look after others at some of the most vulnerable points of their life. I mean, you know, if you're having a heart attack and the paramedic rocks up, you want to know that that person can look after you to the absolute fullness of their ability. Or if it's your dad who's having a heart attack, you want to know that the person who's rocking up can do it to the absolute fullness of their ability. They are paid not a great deal of money, worked like absolute dogs, and then we wonder why they drive an ambulance off the road at one point thirty in the morning after working such an extreme shift.
Speaker 1: They deserve better.
Speaker 6: It's indicative of a totally broken since the Victorio government ever fixed it.
Speaker 2: And the Victorian government would have the money to fix it if they weren't so busy producing those antidiscrimination ads for transgender people. Let's go to the front page of the Career mail. I'm in exile ALP senator rogue. Labor Senator Fatimir Payment says she will consider her future after being suspended from the party indefinitely by the Prime Minister. She went on to say she'd lost all contact with her caucus colleagues after the PM's edict, making her feel quote unquote I've been exiled. Well, she kind of exiled herself by crossing the floor and then going on the ABC to say she would do it again. She also complained that she's been kicked off the Labor caucus WhatsApp group says that she's been made to feel intimidated and like they're trying to bully her out of the Labor Party. So yeah, didn't want that long togo straight to victimhood.
Speaker 6: What do you think they're doing, Joe Biden over there with your brain capacity?
Speaker 1: Seriously.
Speaker 6: I noted the comments today of Matt Canavan which were that, you know, most Labor MP's are just lemmings who conformed to the party. Whatever you think of what she's done, she's at least someone who stood up for her values. And I take his point on the only problem is that when you sign up to the Labor Party it says very clearly on the form that you have to conform to caucus's view.
Speaker 1: So if you want to be part.
Speaker 6: Of the club, you have to adhere to the rules of the club. She's broken the rules of the club. If she had any honor whatsoever, she would resign her membership of the Labor Party and sit on the cross bench and do what she wants.
Speaker 1: She would die on this hill that.
Speaker 6: She is so desperate to die on an issue.
Speaker 1: That has nothing to do with Australia.
Speaker 6: But of course, if she leaves the Labor Party then she ain't going to be on a scent ticket in a few years time. She ain't getting no lea.
Speaker 4: This is why it was so stupid of her to do this because you're entitled to your beliefs right, But you know that crossing the floor equals expulsion.
Speaker 5: So if you genuinely believe in your cause, you want to take the call. You want to fight for what you believe in.
Speaker 4: So your little moment of crossing the floor just lost your cause. A sitting senator, I just don't see how a smart person thinks that that is actually worth it, as opposed to I will do as i'm told. I will not cross the floor, but I will fight for my cause and what I believe is right every day in this parliament, and that is that is far more commendable, I mean, regardless of increase. Obviously I don't agree with her, but that would be far more useful if you want to fight.
Speaker 2: For it, and praising her for standing for her principles. As you pointed out, the first principle should be honored to the thing that you signed up for, and if she really was a person of principle, then she would cross the floor and take whatever's coming. Not then claim I'm a victim, I'm being intimidated, I'm being bullied, I've been exiled.
Speaker 3: I don't think she deserves an she's or praise at all.
Speaker 6: She's put herself up as the martyr and then complained about the fact she's been martyred.
Speaker 1: Now, when you're the.
Speaker 6: Martyr, you'll mean to be proud of it that you've I'm the right thing, that you've.
Speaker 1: Gone against the grain that I am doing. I'm doing it there for the rest of you.
Speaker 6: And then she's like, oh my god, I didn't know that there would be consequences if I margined byself. It makes no sense whatsoever.
Speaker 2: Well, we're going to go to a break when we come back. A swear jar you'd be familiar with that, But what about a misgender jar that's coming up in a moment?
Speaker 3: Welcome back, all right.
Speaker 2: So there's this woman who decides that she's going to be non binary, but her sorry, their partner keeps.
Speaker 3: Mis gendering them. So she's they have come up with.
Speaker 2: A jar whereby the partner will have to put money in it every time he miss genders his partner.
Speaker 4: Here it is, I recently came out as non binary to my fee ink and he's having a hard time switching my pronouns.
Speaker 1: Let's see if there's helps.
Speaker 3: This just goes to demonstrate that not all red flags are.
Speaker 4: Red, mate, run wait until she's asleep, grab the ring off her finger, and just get out of their hair.
Speaker 2: I reckon that was the first red flag? Or do you reckon they were earlier signs.
Speaker 5: I'm sure there were earlier signs.
Speaker 4: The fact that she was comfortable enough to enforce this in such a way that he had to pay the financial penalty for not calling her. They them, they then, right, I mean that's that's one of the easier ones than the z's.
Speaker 2: Someone said regarding the partner, buddy, that jars not for money, that's for your masculinity.
Speaker 3: It's gone put up with that.
Speaker 6: That well, okays to be a glaton for punishment, right, Like he's one of those ones that you know when your mate gets a girlfriend and you're a bit like, we're really not.
Speaker 1: Sure about it.
Speaker 6: So you take him to the pub and you stage an intervention and you're like.
Speaker 1: Mate, she is bad news. You have to get rid of her.
Speaker 6: And then he's like, no, she's the best thing that ever happened to me.
Speaker 1: No, just get the hell rid of her, mate.
Speaker 6: Let's go over to the UK before we go, By the way, what is a fianc I assume it's mean to be fance. Look if he's been called a fianc, I'd be running for that reason alone. Let's get to the UK before we go now, of course, the UK election is on Friday Australian time, and you can watch all the coverage here on Sky News. Laura Jays will be live from the UK to give you all the latest.
Speaker 1: But the ads are really ramping up.
Speaker 6: The campaign is ramping up in the dying days of the campaign. And have a look at some of the ads that have been running on the newspaper websites in the UK over the last few days. The Labor Party has essentially taken over every news website in the UK. And apparently the way this transpired was because we know there's this scandal about all these people in the Conservatives going off and betting on when the election was going to be held because they had prior knowledge and Labor had noticed the betting markets coming in before the election had been announced, so they went off and bought all the ad space for July the fourth and the lead up to it because they worked out on the basis of the betting market when the election.
Speaker 4: Was going to have just saved their money because they're going to win in a landslide. They should have let the Tories bankrupt themselves in the last week of campaigning.
Speaker 5: Because nothing is going to save the Tories.
Speaker 2: Now, that's it from us, but stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the Reader Pennehey Show.