Speaker 1: After meeting and marrying just a few days ago. Josh and Stefano are now on their honeymoon at the Burrida Hotel in the Southern Highlands, and as they checked in, sparks were very much still flying.
Speaker 2: Wishing you one welcome at the Burrita Hotel and congratulations on your wedding. Cheers to this marriage and surviving twenty four hours to go.
Speaker 3: For all the twenty four hours, beautiful twenty four hours.
Speaker 2: Chin chin, chinchinchin. I am very happy with my match. I think Pego surprisingly did very well. I asked for ideally a South American with tattoos, tick tick who had to be funny. I mean, oh yeah, Like all he had to do was go to Bondai, which is where I found you. Funny. You've been funny, which is weird to me because I'm usually the funny one in relationship and you say I'm not funny. So like that, I don't know my place yet. It kind impassion think that you found your place. No, I think I think I think you found your place in the in the last night. Yeah.
Speaker 1: During their third day together, the pair decided to separate for just a few minutes to privately reflect on how they both think things are going so far, with Stefano going first, how.
Speaker 3: Are you doing well, just like in the mornings, I don't know. For me, I'm kind of crazy. This is like the first time that I do this kind of experience, like marrying somebody that I haven't met before. I mean, I'm so strict, like when I meet somebody in the apps, I always ask for Instagram or fit for a vidhical, just to be sure about the other person, the way that he looks, and also how the personality. You know, at least I can't have an idea of the personality. But doing this it was like a challenge for me. I have to say. At the beginning it was a bit hard even to understand him because we have like I mean, he's from the north of England, so his accent is quite different. I learned more like American English, and also English is my third language, is not even my second language, so sometimes I struggle understanding him. But now it's much better. In fact, he was calling me Hobby Hobi. I understood Hobby because I'm shorter than him, and like last week I was in New Zealand and I couldn't go to Hobbington, but what I was talking about hobbied Hovington, and a few days later I understood that he was calling me like husband hobby. I didn't know that's Lam.
Speaker 2: And what else.
Speaker 3: It was very interesting, you know, to go on a trip with somebody that you don't know and like slowly start understanding each other and connecting and trying to do things that we like because we have very different teats, tastes and music trains, activities, way of seeing life. But then we found also many other things in common, very important things. I would say, like the most important thing that I see in another person is how big their heart is. I'm excited to see how this continues.
Speaker 1: Interestingly, despite the language barrier issues, Josh was also still just as hopeful.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's stay free. I think of the honeymoon, which means we've been together now NonStop for maybe four days, which for me, who likes to spend time alone, that is a lot. And it like I'm enjoying myself while getting on great, but it is a bit overwhelming. I've just gone to like a random bar in the hotel, which is kind of cool anyway, uh, As I said, though, like everything is going great with having fun, We're getting to know each other, but there's like those little differences you know, your first meet some one, especially English, it's not even his second language, it's his third language. And then we say things and it's like trying to figure out what was meant by that? Was that joke? Was that? Not? That? Was that rude? Like? And he said some things and then I interpreted it quite negatively, which he did not mean. It was no bad intend that, but it's like, you know, you, I don't know this person. We're still getting to know each other. But like I'm happy, I'm happy I'm doing this, but I don't know I feel good that, I feel optimistic, hopeful. I'm go go back to the room. Now we're going to go play tennis and go to the gym. So update you shouldn't. But it's a good start.
Speaker 1: As the newly married couple continued having fun and building on their relationship, things sadly started to feel a bit too much for Josh. During their final night.
Speaker 2: Okay, so it's the last night of our honeymoon and I'm here in our room on my own stephan Oh is outside smoking or on his phone. I don't know. I kind of just said I need some space right now, Like I just feel so overwhelmed. I think we've been to the other six whole day is now like NonStop, like twenty four to seven, and like I feel like I haven't had a second to myself to think and process things and breathe, and like I wish, like tonight is that last night. I wish I could just push through and go, let's go out have fun. Let's but I just feel like I've got nothing left to give, like my social BATCHO is zero, And then I feel like I'm being boring, like I'm dragging him down to my usual state, which I don't want to do. He's just so positive and so one thing to just have fun, which like I wish I could right now, But I just I was I going to spend this one night at home, back in my room just to kind of get my head around everything, and you know, because tomorrow we go home and then I move into his house, which we'll be fun, I'm sure, like when I'm feeling better, but right now that feels kind of terrifying. Fuck, this is higher than a foret who's going.
Speaker 1: To be before they return to Sydney and move into Stefano's house. The newlyweds will sit down for their first in depth podcast chat to really explore how they're feeling, what they've learned not just about each other but themselves, and also the things they'd been too nervous to bring up so far uh