Speaker 1: Hey, beauties, it's Jamie Joe and Jessimasuit and welcome to Influence, a podcast dedicated to beauty, fashion and self love.
Speaker 2: Turning your weakness into your uniqueness.
Speaker 1: Before we get started, we'd like to acknowledge the custodians of the land on which we record the gallical people of the urination. All Right, this episode I've been really excited for because this is actually my favorite genre of beauty ever.
Speaker 2: And it's about how to smell good.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's about personal hygiene and self care that isn't just like your regular.
Speaker 2: Typical makeup and skin care. This is about body care, yeah, which is so important.
Speaker 1: And it's also important to realize that you can't just spray some perfume on and just like leave the house. Like that's not going to make you, like leave smelling fresh and your best.
Speaker 2: You're also going to feel a bit gross.
Speaker 1: So this is how to have good hygiene and smell good just like from within as well exactly. And I think also this kind of creates a bigger scent bubble if you're a bit of a perfume freak like me, If you want to smell good, it does start with your entire body. Care routine, not just your finishing touch of your fragrance. So we're gonna kind of talk through our favorite body care products, what we like to do to leave the house feeling clean, smelling clean, and just you know, projecting. So you get really good compliments about how you smell. That's the best compliment to receive. It's my favorite compliment in general. I feel like I love talking about this topic with you because she gets so fixated.
Speaker 2: And like so passionate about smelling good.
Speaker 1: Like we go into the I don't know, David Jones and Myers and Jamie will spend like hours going through the perfume section explaining to me every single perfume. Oh, this one's supposed to be like THEE and like I like read it and like, ooh, this is not as good as I thought.
Speaker 2: Or I love just notes and chords.
Speaker 1: And I think that I've said this before, but I think that smell creates a whole different vibe and kind of your like it enhances your aura when you meet someone, When you meet someone and you smell them, what do you think I mean this is a nat smell?
Speaker 2: Well no, I mean I just feel like it.
Speaker 1: Creates such a big first impressions like how you smell?
Speaker 2: Why? What?
Speaker 1: Okay, I walk in the room and I smell like amazing, what's your first thought? Well, firstly, scent and memory are so locked together. They're so linked together. So if you smell like a sugar cookie and I have positive memories where it's like baking or something, it kind of like links those neurons together and fires off in your brain. It's actually funny because we have the lush spray we talk about all the time. Every time we get into your car, it smells like that lush spray. Really, and when me and Luke drive your car every time we go in, he's like, this car reminds me of summer because I always wear that perfume in summer.
Speaker 2: That's really cute. It reminds me of the beach. And I'm like, oh, that's it's sweet. So it does. It's nice how they link that. That's so lovely.
Speaker 1: And I think also when you meet someone and they don't smell good, you probably think, ooh, like this person doesn't take care of themselves the best. So we're gonna fix that for you. Don't worry, we got you. You're gonna smell great.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: Well, first obviously starts in the shower, and whenever you're using to scrub your body, that it's going to be the most important thing.
Speaker 2: And what's your favor ja.
Speaker 1: Okay, I've loved this particular body wash since I was a child. Again, it's one of the child Yeah, it reminds me of my childhood, and it has such a soothing smell. Not only that it really just does clean your body well, but it also starts with what you're using to clean your body. So you cannot just be using a really old like rag. You need to have, you know, an exfoliating mitt a. I even like using a handtowel.
Speaker 2: And then like a.
Speaker 1: Loafer, a loafer, don't bring your left the shower, don't clean your body with.
Speaker 2: The shoe, a stinky shoe.
Speaker 1: Like one of those leather loafers, yug, Oh my gosh, loofer I kind.
Speaker 2: Of hate loafers as well. How do you spell loof? A loofer?
Speaker 1: I meant a loofer.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a loofer, right, that's what it's called. Good gracious?
Speaker 1: Yeah, or a sponge h great, you call them a sponge. The technical name is a loofer.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 1: Okay, so you're gonna have some sort of meat. You're gonna have a you know, a good towel, you're gonna.
Speaker 2: Have your loofer.
Speaker 1: And our favorite body wash is the Palm Olive Natural's body Wash, the milk and honeycent. Oh, it is just such a beautiful neutral smell, Like it is a little bit sweet, but it's not the type of sweet that's gonna give you a headache. Just you feel really clean afterwards as well, and it glides on it like.
Speaker 2: Soaps up really nice. So the experience is good. Yeah, the product's cheap.
Speaker 1: It's a you can get like the full liter bottle, yeah, for thirteen dollars eighty or like even ten dollars at chemist Warehouse when it's on sale.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we literally just run out of this. But the one leader bottle is amazing.
Speaker 1: It's you know, it's sturdy, she's there, she's in a shower a long time. Yeah, lasts a long time. And I think it's great bang for your buck because a lot. Look, the thing is, you can get a luxury soap, you can get a luxury body wash, but it does wash off your body.
Speaker 2: It's not worth it. It's not really that worth it.
Speaker 1: And I find that a lot of the times, they don't give me the same kind of feeling of being clean as this particular body wash does. I just think it's a really really great option. And you want to spend your money on more expensive things, they're going to be you know, you're finishing touch perfume, not really your body wash. Yeah, you know those soaps that leave you feeling dry and rubbery, I hate those types of This one's like soothing and you feel smooth a little bit moisturized afterwards as well, like in the best way. And even you can obviously use this on an exfoliating mit if you don't want to double up and buy a body exfoliant. Yeah, I find that for us body exfoliants can be a little bit harsh on our skin. Stuff that they can be a little bit harsh in our skin, and we're not people who fake ten or anything, so we have a little bit less use for exfoliating.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like the.
Speaker 1: Ones with the beads and stuff, I'll probably not use like, I'll go the other way because it can be irritating and cause little like red bombs. So I my skin gets really easily agitated and rashy. So yeah, this product's really cooling and calming, so I don't have any effects from that. Altogether, just a great product for the shower for body wash. It's so standard's so easy and simple.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: And now the second product is also for the shower, and this one is great for shaving.
Speaker 2: Oh sod.
Speaker 1: The double purpose is that you will smell like no other.
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, I remember when you got sent this product.
Speaker 1: Yeah, we both, I think, just use it in the shower, not knowing what it was going to be, like yeah, and we're like wow, and it's the Locotan Almond shower oil. It is more like a bit boogie. It's forty two dollars from Adore Beauty. But wow, can you explain? Let me explain a little bit. Okay, by the way, I don't know if we're saying it right. If it's a locurtain or lo Cetain. It's a little bit of you know, one of those fancy names.
Speaker 2: But everyone's seen.
Speaker 1: The store and I feel like it seems like it's a bit more of a bougie store for middle aged women. But girls, you have to hop on this product, or even guys you like to shave. This is my favorite thing to use in the shower. Yeah, so basically what it is. It starts off as an oil that you pump onto your hands or onto your legs. Once you start to spread it out, you don't want your skin to be soaking wet, you want it to be damp. So once you start to kind of massage the oil onto your legs, it creates like a thick foamy it's not phoamy.
Speaker 2: But more of a cream.
Speaker 1: It turns white exactly, becomes like a creamy lag, a thick white cream that kind of coats your leg in the most glorious way. And then when you start shaving, it just glides so easily. It is the best thing to use while you're shaving your legs and you won't get any cuts this product because it glides so easily. It's really protecting the layer whilst allowing it.
Speaker 2: To remove the hair.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's just such an amazing product. And so they've got a few different sens but our favorite one is the almond one.
Speaker 2: It smells so good.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't say it's again overly sweet and sugary, but it's got this kind of freshness and a little bit of a nuttiness to it that you know, it's going to be moisturizing your body at the same time as being an amazing product to help you shave for the smoothest, cleanest finish. Your legs just feel like I've never had the smoothest legs, but when I use this product, it's like, you know what you get in bed after you've shaved your legs. You got fresh sheets, you got freshly shaved legs, and you just feel like our little like dolphins.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're like squeaking. That's one of my favorite feelings ever.
Speaker 1: So this product is so great for that, and it just smells phenomena. So as you can see, we're layering those things up. We've got the milk and honey body wash, and then we're using the arm and shower oil. These things together start to create that scent bubble and not only that, you feel clean and you're snatched with a good shave. Then outside of the shower, the next step in the layering.
Speaker 2: The first thing I like to do after the showers, but some deodor and not always like immediately immediately.
Speaker 1: Yeah, right, me and Jamie, we're not like pretty princesses who don't sweat.
Speaker 2: We got our dad's Jean.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the Lemonese massou gene we call it where we're just like we're really hot and warm all the time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we run warm.
Speaker 1: And also not only that, if I get a little bit stressed, if the heart rate goes up a little bit, I start to sweat.
Speaker 2: Even if it's.
Speaker 1: Freeze, it's cold exactly, so you know, we body response. Yeah, we like to combat that.
Speaker 2: And this is actually new for us.
Speaker 1: But I have immediately fallen fallen in love with this product. And it's actually by Gem. And Gem started off as more of a yeah, more of like toothcare, and now they're kind of branching more into body care. But it's their Gem deodorant antipersperant. It's only ten dollars and they've got the best cents ever. It comes in four or five different I've written them down because they are all really really nice. And I know not everyone wants to smell like vanilla caramel cookie, but some people like to smell like beautiful butterflies. Yeah, but I don't know, like flowers, yeah, fresh flowers.
Speaker 2: They love fresh flowers. I don't eve butterflies have a smell.
Speaker 1: But they give us flowers like in condunction in my mind, what is wrong with us loafers and butterflies today?
Speaker 2: But the one we love is coconut and vanilla.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then they've also got one called santo which is more fresh. Well, I would say Santala.
Speaker 1: It's like it's got kind of like a slightly boody undertone with a freshness on top.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And then they've got cool fresh just like classic deodorant, and then the vanilla and macadamia one, which is also a little bit nutty. I love the coconut and vanilla one. I sprayed this deodorant yesterday and Jesse said, oh, my gosh, what is that amazing smell? Like, is that your new perfume? Like, it's my deodorant.
Speaker 2: It smells so so good.
Speaker 1: And not only that, I've actually noticed I've been using it constantly for the last five days. I actually have not smelt bad under the arms at all. I even get into the shower and I feel like I still smell great, Like I still smell really really good. So it's just a really great all round product. And the packaging so cute. Well, I was like really wanting to recommend to the high school girl. Yeah, yeah, it's like this in your bag.
Speaker 2: Is cute exactly.
Speaker 1: It's kind of like, what's that old brand that we used to love, Impulse? Impulse. Actually, I think you're too young for this. Back in the day in high school, Impulse.
Speaker 2: Was the one.
Speaker 1: It was like these little body spray. Yeah, these little body sprays are like all the girls used to have, and we all used to have, like the cutest little packaging and smells for it, but it did nothing to actually keep you clean at all. This is kind of like a good, kind of grown up version of that. But you youngies can use it too.
Speaker 2: It's so good. I just love the smell.
Speaker 1: It does its purpose. It keeps you clean, it keeps you not sweating at all. So great little option for you guys. Okay, last little touch. We've talked about a body miss that we're obsessed with in the previous episode, so we are going to talk about something that people always forget. This is a hair and body missed. Sometimes, like if you're not washing your hair daily, which a lot of us don't because it's not good, your hair can start to smell a little oily or just like smell like hair, yeah, you know, yeah, less like your condition and shampoo that you have previously used exactly. So I have been really loving hair perfumes lately and they're not really talked about enough because they are such a great way to refreshen your hair and just give you that elevated scent bubble as well. And we received one in pr recently that I've been loving.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I love this produc so much as well.
Speaker 1: It's the way Saint Bart's hair and body miss. It's also forty three dollars from Saphora. But this one really reminds me, like, as we're talking about how it links with nostalgia, a very specific lolly from when I was a kid. Oh yeah, no, but it's it's not It's not like a super sweet lolly.
Speaker 2: It was one of like those more calm lollies. Fruity it was so yummy yeah or fruity. Yeah.
Speaker 1: It's a great scent. It kind of reminds me of just summer good vibes, like fresh hair, fresh skin. It's it's beautiful. It's an easy scent and all you got to do is just literally just sprayed around.
Speaker 2: Jaste it over.
Speaker 1: You're super simple, and then that's gonna like finish off your kind of vibe in terms of finishing off your scent profile and.
Speaker 2: Then you've got all your bases covered.
Speaker 1: Yeah, armpits, yeah, yeah, body exactly, it's already. And then before you leave the house, spirits of perfume, and you don't need to use too much perfume because you're ready smelling great.
Speaker 2: Perfume lasts longer. Yeah, you're saving your money. It's great. Yeah, I love body care.
Speaker 1: I'm so passionate about this topic because all of these these things are actually my favorite things to do in terms of beautiful myself. I just think it's like the height of self care in terms of beauty because you feel great, well.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for you to come out with your own sense one day. Oh, it's one of my.
Speaker 1: Got Like, that's one of my dreams is having my own perfume range. Yeah, you know maybe maybe one day. Guys.
Speaker 2: Okay, let's hop.
Speaker 1: Into some makeup removing.
Speaker 2: We kind of have two products.
Speaker 1: That we're obsessed with, but particularly cleansing can be such a scary thing to like delve into because there's so many cleanses on the market, so we only really use two and Jesse only really uses one.
Speaker 2: But these are great, great, great products to help you get.
Speaker 1: Rid of any makeup that's left on your face and just in general have nice clean skin. The one cleanser that I use is actually just the Gannia and Mycella cleansing water.
Speaker 2: If we've spoken about this before.
Speaker 1: We can get it for around eight dollars fifty at Woolies, but they do sell it at a bunch of different stores. Yeah, Chemist, Square House, price Line, even Big w You'll find it anywhere. And the reason I only use this one product is because one it gets sort of all your makeup so easily, Like this is the number one product we recommend for taking off makeup, even harsh I makeup, Yeah, and then I feel like my skin's left feeling super clean afterwards as well. I'll just wash it down with water, and it's the only thing that doesn't make me break out with acne. It's super great for sensitive skin. So then after i use the Gunny and my Cellar cleansing water, I'll wash my face down with some water and then I'll just put on my usual nighttime face cream and I use the Larche Poise.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I go to bed. It's perfect, feel so clean. It's such a great product and it's just a staple. It gets rid of harsh makeup. If you wear full face, you get right in the crevices and it's simple. It's not going to be dramatic and make your skin flare up or have any active ingredients, which is great if you have a young red skin.
Speaker 2: I can also young skin.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I use that product every day as well, but I like a cleanser as well. I feel like when I use this particular cleanser, my face is so clean and is so just free of any blemishes, acne, black heads, anything like that. So it's the Fresh Soy Face Cleanser fifty nine dollars from Sephora. So it is a little bit more expensive, but if you've got the money and you're looking for something that's great for sensitive skin and just like an all rounder good product, this is really really highly recommended. What I like to do is I'll actually use this in the shower. I know a lot of people don't like using shower water to wash their face, but you don't have to. You can also use it in the sink. But I'll take all my makeup off with this, and I really just gently well I try and be gentle, but I can.
Speaker 2: Be a little bit harsh.
Speaker 1: Sometimes I try to gently just cleanse this off with my fingers in the shower and it just washes right off. I also try and focus a little bit more around the nose to kind of break up any of that, like seeb them build up, and that's what, over time is going to get rid of, you know, black heads or any blemishes around the nose. Some people think a nose strip is like, you know, a quick fix. If you actually want to get rid of it over time, you have to cleanse your nose area. You consistent, Yeah, and you actually need to cleanse it for a few more minutes and you think, oh okay, Yeah, so the more you rub it into your nose, the more that those you know, bleomishes are gonna lead. So I love Fresh as a skincare brand in general because the ingredients they use are amazing. They're non stripping, they're really calming and cooling. Yeah, you're such a beautiful brand. Oh it's such a gorgeous brand and everything looks really really pretty. But this is a great product. So I'll use this before in the shower to get rid of the bulk of my makeup, and then I'll use the Mycella cleansing water after just to get rid of anything that's kind of left in the crevices. And double cleansing is actually kind of the best thing for your skin if you've got, you know, good skin that's not as sensitive as.
Speaker 2: Sages, especially if you have a lot of makeup.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that kind of double cleansing technique is going to give you their best result. And these two products together are really simple. They work for a whole bunch of skin types as well, and they're really just going to help you feel good and ready for the day all the time. When you feel clean, you feel good. Yeah, you could like do all these things and not wear one bit of makeup and still feel really really good. So you feel done, You've done your whole routine, and you feel like more confident to just step out without makeup on. And I love that feeling me too. Okay, great, that's such a fun episode. You can tell I'm very passionate about Santor. Thank you so much for joining us on today's episode of Skinfluence. If you are interested in any of the products mentioned in today's episode, there are links available in the episode description on your podcast app. If you love what you hear, leave us a rating and a review, and if you have a question or want us to cover anything on the pod, reach out via our socials. Mine is at Jessimersuit and mine is at Jamie joe Oh. Send us an email at skinfluence at novapodcast.
Speaker 2: Dot com, dot A. You love you, guys.
Speaker 1: See