Speaker 1: Late Welcome Late Debate.
Speaker 2: Thanks for joining us on the Late Debate. James Macpherson with Liz Storer and Caleb Bond. Well, just when you thought Joe Biden could not get any more confused, he can.
Speaker 3: Will show you proof in just a moment.
Speaker 2: Plus, when we look at the papers billionaires unimpressed by the government's three hundred dollars energy rebate. They're promising to donate it to charity and new curfew laws for the Northern Territory. But first we've got to tell you about a wild meeting tonight at Cumberland City Council where councilors are debating whether or not to overturn a ban on a same sex parenting book in the local library. Now, hundreds of protesters have gathered outside the City council chambers tonight. It's required half a dozen police to keep protesters apart as they've chanted slogans at each other.
Speaker 3: Some of them were there for three hours. Have a look.
Speaker 2: You can see some of the vision here and we'll give you a bit more of this. Have listened to what some of the protesters were saying, Caleb that was outside the chambers. Everyone's got signs they're yelling at each other. Police are keeping them apart, but inside the chambers it got even worse.
Speaker 4: Certainly has because, of course, sir, you would know. The decision was made to ban the book or remove it from the library a couple of weeks ago. The motion tonight is to change that. There is still no result. By the way, this meeting started at six thirty, so it's been going on for some time. Seventeen people were scheduled to speak tonight. Here is one of them who is a transgender teacher.
Speaker 3: My name's Evan Gray.
Speaker 5: I'm an early childhood educator. I work in the local government sector, and I'm a United Services Union member and activist currently em bargaining at the moment. I'm also proud to be part of the transgender community, and I'd like to say that, honestly, this ban that was put forward is a disgrace. It is logistically unsound and it is nonsensical.
Speaker 4: Paul, who is sitting in the studio just across from us, has told us that that meeting is now going to go on until eleven PM. And as someone who used to cover council meetings, that sort of thing is the bane of my existence. Of course, things continued to get worse, to the point where people have been ejected multiple times tonight.
Speaker 1: Here is the mayor pulling the crowd up, going to.
Speaker 5: Do and I not care as to whether you feel uncomfortable about my existence or presence. Just pardon me a minute, I will, I will.
Speaker 6: I will eject more people if they yell while speakers are speaking.
Speaker 3: If you cannot sit in silence, I ask you to leave now.
Speaker 1: All this over a book. But I think it got a bit crazier than that, didn't it, Liz Oh.
Speaker 6: This guy who had his moment on the floor took things to a whole another level.
Speaker 7: Location of this book ban and what it says to those two and a half thousand people is that you're not welcome in this electorate, you're not welcome in these suburbs, and you don't deserve to exist in public life, just as anyone else does in this council. And the implication of that is that children will can kill themselves because of you, Yes.
Speaker 6: Miss, In my humble opinion, all this goes to show is just how militant certain people are about indoctrinating other people's children. They had to have the police riot squad stand between the two groups represented there tonight, obviously because the Cumberland Councilor had residents come out in force to support the good riddance to such a book, while others, as we've seen represented there on the floor of the chamber had showed up to rail against said banning.
Speaker 2: We should point out that Steve Christo, one of the councilors there who has led the protest against this book. His primary objection was that the book was in the children's section. He'd be quite happy if it was moved to the adult section, but those who want the ban overturned are demanding its state in the junior.
Speaker 3: Non fiction section.
Speaker 2: Steve Christouo told the council meeting tonight that he has received multiple death threats both for him and his family.
Speaker 6: Oh lovely people, Let's let them give books to children and.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Meanwhile, Deputy Mayor Ola Hammad she accused Steve christou of being hateful and divisive and using this issue for cheap political points scoring ahead of the September council elections.
Speaker 4: It's amazing, isn't it that we are at the point where councils are being bogged down with this kind of thing, like you know, the decision was made. I had some reservations about it. A big deal go to another library. There are so many libraries across Sydney. I mean, I'm sure the people of Cumberland are not sort of, you know, corralled into only being in the Shire of Cumberland all the time. They could drive a couple of kilometers over the border and go to another library and borrow any book to their hearts.
Speaker 8: Well, just order it online.
Speaker 6: It's just same sex parents and you want to get that book for your child, it is readily available to you.
Speaker 2: Ros Craig Kelly, former One Nation member, he spoke tonight and he's quoting JFKA talking about a parent's right to educate their children as they said. Fit Eddie sarkis so I think used to be a council member at Cumberland. He talked about the fact that he's read the book. He said, I read the book. I thought it was fine, but as a Catholic person, I would be incredibly uncomfortable having to explain it to my children.
Speaker 8: Exactly.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't want.
Speaker 2: Anyone else to have to do that. If it was put in the adult section, no problem at all. My objection is why does it have to be in the children's section. I think that's pretty reasonable.
Speaker 6: Oh, it's completely reasonable, and that's all these parents.
Speaker 8: Are protesting for.
Speaker 6: That's why they asked these counselors please do ban it. This is not something that we want our kids exposed to. That creates a lot of questions in the minds of little people.
Speaker 8: Where'd the baby come from?
Speaker 6: If there's two daddies as is depicted in the book. Does this mean I'm going to be with a man when I grow up? Or will I be with a woman when I grow up? All the kinds of questions that children simply don't need to be entertaining at their age.
Speaker 8: It's as simple as that.
Speaker 4: And of course the original motion passed six ' five tonight. All eight labor counselors are in attendance, so it seems like a foregone conclusion that the recision.
Speaker 1: Motion will pass.
Speaker 4: But of course, if we hear anything about that before eleven pm, we will let you know.
Speaker 1: Let's move on to other.
Speaker 4: Issues now, our Prime Minister Anthony ALBANIZI we know he tells us all the time.
Speaker 1: I mean it's a bit like, you know, how do you know someone is a vegan. They tell you right.
Speaker 4: Anthony Albanizi tells us all the time how he grew up in public housing with a single mother. It was a hard live, et cetera, et cetera. Life is a little easier for the Prime Minister these days. He has multiple properties, including of course investment properties. And in the Fed budget last night we heard all the great work that the federal government is going to do for renters. They're going to get a ten percent increase in rental assistance to.
Speaker 1: Make life that little bit easier.
Speaker 4: We're going to be building more houses so there are more houses for people to rent. But one of the people renting a house owned by the Prime Minister received notification today from his property manager that he is being evicted by the Prime Minister because the Prime Minister has seen fit to pack up and sell the property. Now, mister Albinizi says this is because he's sort of simplifying his finances, getting things in order as he gets ready to marry his partner, Jody Hayden. And of course he is well within his rights to sell his property. It is his property to do with as he sees fit. But it is a little bit funny, isn't it not to see him who goes.
Speaker 1: On and on about what a terrible hard life he had as a.
Speaker 4: Kid now having to get rid of a renter. The poor Todden non people is trying to help on the night that he delivers the budget.
Speaker 2: And of course his tenant is a labor voter who really likes Albanezi as Prime Minister.
Speaker 3: I just thought so much as landlord.
Speaker 9: So disruptive when you get in the viction notice. I know all landowners are entitled to do that, it just reaks absolute havoc.
Speaker 3: At the moment, you know, we're dealing with.
Speaker 9: Cost of living Crisis's probably the worst rental crisis certainly ever I can remember in Sydney. We've got a massive shortage of properties and options are pretty limited for enters currently in Sydney. And look, full disclosure, how there's been a really good landlord. I like albow I noted for him in the last election. I'm supportive of a lot of the things that he does. I'm very confused by this. As a labor voter, I'm a little confused as well.
Speaker 3: It just doesn't seem aligned.
Speaker 9: With the information that's come out in budget week. Clearly there's an emphasis in the labor government on wanting to do what they can to protect and support renters and understand the proper living crisis that we're all going through.
Speaker 3: This doesn't seem fully aligned with that to.
Speaker 2: Me, Liz, I can understand the guy's confusion. He's trying to match Anthony Albanesi. We've got to do something about the housing crisis, Prime Minister with Anthony Albanesi, you're evicted landlord.
Speaker 6: I think he's trying to conflate Albanesi's amount of compassion he likes to show on the public stage compared.
Speaker 8: To look, it's a great time to sell.
Speaker 6: I'm out it, get out, get out. This guy's been given ninety days to get out. Victor tends to have this depiction of someone being booted out their belongings on the sidewalk. He's been on a month to month basis his lease rather for.
Speaker 8: A long time now, and props.
Speaker 6: To Albow, he took this guy's lease down to six hundred and eighty bucks a week during COVID and hasn't raised it since. So he has been quite a fair landlord. But to be honest, I can't fault Albaniazi for this, and I actually think it's a bit of a low blow by this guy to leverage the fact that because his landlord's the Prime Minister and his landlord's doing something that quite a few landlords are doing at the moment, because the market is hot, he thinks that he can go on national TV and sell his sob story. We all know the rental market is a blood sport at the moment. Nobody is saying that's an veal ball position to be in, But.
Speaker 8: That's life, mate.
Speaker 6: It sounds like he's been a great landlord to date and he's simply divesting of.
Speaker 8: Some of his assets. I can't fault him for it.
Speaker 1: He's within his rights to do it.
Speaker 4: I suppose it's just the irony of, you know, we've got to do all this work for renters, and he's essentially taking a rental property off of the market, but we don't know who's going to buy it, right and who knows. It could be a foreign investor, it could be someone who goes and moves in there and lives in it, and good on them if they get there a foothold in the property market. I've got to say, though I did When I read the bit about how Albo had dropped his rent to six hundred and eighty during COVID and hadn't adjusted it up since then, I did for a minute think, Gee, I wish Albow was my landlord, because this fella so he's in Dallachill, which is in the inner West of Sydney, and he's been paying six hundred and eighty a week for a three bedroom townhouse, and I pay more than that for a two bedroom townhouse in the Inner West.
Speaker 1: So I'm like, Albo, come and buy my house.
Speaker 6: Please, have actually had it better than you know, Jim Flanagan. And don't worry because the alban Easy government will give you twenty five bucks a fortnight inner rental assistance, that's if you qualify. And just last night they renewed calls to build one point two million new ho good luck.
Speaker 8: By mid twenty twenty nine. So don't worry where Jimbo, It's all going to be fine.
Speaker 2: The other curious part of this story is this guy got the notice in the mail that hey, you need to look for somewhere else to live.
Speaker 3: He got it a week ago, but this story.
Speaker 2: Comes out today the day after the federal budget.
Speaker 3: So the timing is interesting.
Speaker 2: The letter stayed hidden for a week and today was a good day to bring it out.
Speaker 4: Indeed, it won't be easy under albanezi Is, as I think they say. Anyway, moving on to other issues, let's go over to the UK now. Actually, well, I'm sorry, I'll bring the UK into it, but we'll talk about the Australian angle.
Speaker 5: First.
Speaker 4: You might have heard about the World Health Organization Pandemic Treaty. Now, the idea is basically that all member states in the UN will sign up to a plan whereby if there were another pandemic, the World Health Organization would have providence over the worldwide response to that. In essence, all nations would respond in the same way. But along with that comes a number of rules about not hoard certain things. You can't keep ppe for yourself. You can't keep certain medications for yourself. You have to make it available to other nations. You also have to make it available to the World Health Organization for free if they want to come and take it. It raises obvious questions about why would you want this global body to have control over you as a sovereign nation. It opens up questions about well, if there was a decision to go into lockdown again, does the World Health Organization then tell all the member states that they must do that we all respond in unison, thus taking away our ability to make our decisions on behalf of our self. Well, yesterday a group of fourteen senators sent off a letter to the federal government saying we need to walk away from our plans to join up. We should not sign this and we should not sign it into law. Liberal Senator from South Australia Alexantik. Today the Prime Minister received a letter co signed by a group of fording cross party federal parliamentarians requesting the government walk away from the amendments to the International Health Regulations and the WHO Pandemic Treaty.
Speaker 1: A meeting of the World Health.
Speaker 4: Assembly will commence on the twenty seventh of May, just in a week or two time to vote on these instruments which passed. If passed, will transform sorry the WHO from an advisory body to a supernational health body. Now, the UK, in the last few hours has said that it will not be signing on to the treaty in its current form because it is worried, as we all should be, that it would take away their ability to operate as a sovereign nation.
Speaker 1: And can you blame.
Speaker 4: Them because when you look at the response of other countries apart from US during COVID, let's say Sweden for instance, where they did what no one else did. Didn't go with the lockdowns, didn't go with the man dates, took a completely different tack and the results they had were identical, if not better in most cases, to every other nation in the world. They did something completely different and it worked. But if the who is able to tell you what to do, you don't have that ability to make that decision.
Speaker 6: What are the reasons why Sweden did that? And nobody talks about this enough, is because they literally didn't have the power to the government in Sweden has never given themselves the power to enforce mandates of injections on people, to lock down people's businesses, etc.
Speaker 8: And so on. Power to them.
Speaker 6: No government should have that much power over millions of free citizens. But you're quite right, they're now laughing all the way to the bank, even with the UK making this Bolshey move. And I must say I'm incredibly impressed. I cannot see Albanezi doing this. I cannot see him pulling out. He has been in locks step with everything the UN has done and it bears mentioning for anyone who's unaware the who the World Health Organization is the UN's health arm, so it's one and the same body. Essentially, he simply hasn't broken rank with them, even when it comes to Israel. Palestine matters, as we saw most painfully over the weekend.
Speaker 8: And when you look at this government's track.
Speaker 6: Record, whether it comes to Digital ID which is set to sail through any day now in our parliament, if you look at the Voice referendum, if you look at immigration, their policies on immigration and what they have and haven't done around that, public opinion doesn't mean anything anymore. If this went to a vote, would the Australian people want us to sign up to this World Health Organization treaty?
Speaker 8: Absolutely not.
Speaker 6: For the Albanezy government has proved time and time again public opinion counts for Jack. They have an agenda to roll out and they are going to roll it out come May.
Speaker 3: Your point is well made.
Speaker 2: If this went to a vote, there's no way Australians would support handing over our sovereignty to some unelected unrepresentative group based in where Geneva. So we should have a position where we want to cooperate obviously globally if there's a worldwide pandemic, then we would want to cooperate, but not give up our autonomy. But if we were of a mind to give up our autonomy and say we're going to give someone else the authority to tell us what to do in the event of a health emergency.
Speaker 3: The WHO would be the last organization.
Speaker 2: I mean, we only have to look back what twenty four to forty eight months ago to see they stuffed up COVID something shocking.
Speaker 3: It was the WHO said COVID.
Speaker 2: Is not transmitted to human to human corect so it will be okay. That decision alone probably cost hundreds of thousands, perhaps millions of lives. They have proved they should never be trusted with authority. Sure, give advice, but we shouldn't be beholdened to you. And as you said, when do we get a vote on these things? When do we decide who's in charge rather than have our politicians just sell us out.
Speaker 4: Well, the World Health Organization with the biggest bunch of flip floppers during COVID you've ever seen. They started out by buying into what China had told them, just unquestioningly, and as you said, indeed had they just declared that, you know, there was no evidence of transmission from humans, even though at that time, I mean, China was well aware of what was going on in their own country and they were taking for cooks who.
Speaker 2: Spent more time trying to rename COVID, so it had no connection at all with China or correct than they did actually trying to keep people.
Speaker 8: And then.
Speaker 4: And then the World Health Organization said in the early stages of COVID that it did not recommend mask use because it thought mask use would lead to complacency. Then of course it changed its mind on that and decided that everyone should be wearing masks. They made it up on the hop and we want these people in.
Speaker 1: Charge of our response.
Speaker 4: I thought the one lesson we learned from COVID, if nothing else, was that sovereignty is sacrisanct, because we realized very quickly when we were removed from the rest of the world exactly how reliant we had to be on ourselves in the position we found ourselves in because we ran out of things, We didn't have stuff we're not. Hang on a minute, we better sort that out. And now we're going straight back to old ways. Yeah, le's centralized.
Speaker 2: The other thing is with this Pandemic treaty is I understand it. The first draft included the ability for the WHO to implement vaccine mandates and lockdowns on countries around the world. Now I think that's been taken out because that was probably a bridge too far at this point.
Speaker 3: But it gives you an idea as.
Speaker 2: To the aspirations of our global overlords. If that's what they want, we're not going to give up on it.
Speaker 8: Up that is their intention. Now they'll take a water down version to start with.
Speaker 3: Correct, But we.
Speaker 6: All know that's how every bill makes its way through their respective parliaments. It starts with a few amendments to get it over the line. Then everyone's happy, so we'll sign up to it. Okay, Now it becomes law, and then further amendments are made down the track as and when they see fit. And what is really troubling about these things that our supposedly sovereign countries sign up to. They're seeding their sovereignty. And because it's not in parliament, most people aren't.
Speaker 8: Aware of it at all.
Speaker 6: The everyday Australian doesn't know the first thing about this pandemic treaty and what our government is agreeing to by signing up to it.
Speaker 8: It's so nefarious it does one's head in well.
Speaker 2: Last week federal government ministers were in Rockhampton slapping people on the back for a beef week and talking about how greatly they're supporting our agricultural sector. This week, Murray, what our agricultural minister was telling West Australian farmers that the live sheep export trade will end by May twenty twenty eight. The government are going to spend one hundred and seven million dollars to help the sheep industry transition away from live exports. Matt Canavan pointed out that was the biggest budget allocation for the agricultural sector.
Speaker 3: Here's what he tweeted.
Speaker 2: Farmers walk out in fact will show you have a look at the vision first.
Speaker 3: I should have shown you this first. Here's the meeting, Murray.
Speaker 2: What our agricultural minister he's speaking to West Australian farmers in a meeting they're selling the budget to them and half of them get up and walk out in the middle of his speech. Matt Canavan tweeted farmers walk out on Murray what's post budget speech over government's plans to shut down the sheep industry, export, live export industry. The biggest allocation of youth spending on agriculture and the budget was to shut down a whole agricultural industry.
Speaker 3: It's a great point.
Speaker 2: The biggest budgetary allocation was not to expand farming, not to make farming easier, not to increase our agricultural sector. It was actually to close down a massive part of our trade and cuit the beneficiaries of most of our live sheep exports. They are pleading for the government to leave this open and you have the irony that this is being done in the name of animal welfare. But as the Kuwaitis themselves pointed out, they're going to source sheep from some Precisely, Australian farmers have been working since twenty eighteen when concerns were first raised to improve the industry, to make things better, to improve the ships, put vets on ships, to make sure the sheep are healthy. It's in the interests of farmers to make sure the sheep arrive alive and healthy. They're no value dead when they get to the Middle East. So for the last what six years, they've been improving the industry. Surely a better way is to look at the improvement say this is world best standard. Of course they're not going to get better sheep from anywhere else, or sheep that are better cared for keep the industry going. But instead the government have buckled to a bunch of animal activists in cities pretending to know how farmers should run their industry.
Speaker 8: No, it's not the animal activists.
Speaker 4: It's us deciding that we are the moral arbiters of the world, right or will you can't possibly have live sheep because you won't slaughter in a way that we deem acceptable. Right, But as you point out, they're going to get the meat from somewhere, and the sheep that are sent overseas are not the kind of sheep that we would be eating here in Australia.
Speaker 1: They're not lamb they're cross bred.
Speaker 4: It's not stuff that you would buy at a supermarket or a butcher in Australia. So there's no other market for it, but overseas it is specifically for that market.
Speaker 1: And if you don't get it from Australia.
Speaker 4: You're going to get it from a country where it's not treated as well as it is here. Surely you get a better animal welfare outcome by selling Australian meat overseas. And the blockheads at the RSPCA who commissioned a survey of sixteen hundred people that found that most Western Australians apparently want to get rid of the.
Speaker 1: Live sheep trade.
Speaker 4: What do they think happens when you get rid of the live sheep trade? Every single one of those sheep, unless there's a market for them somewhere else.
Speaker 1: Is going to have a bullet put in its seat. That's how it works.
Speaker 4: So you'd rather the animal go to waste then actually serve a genuine purpose to people who want to eat it. It's the same as they say, oh we should ban racing. Oh yeah, what do you reckon is going to happen to all the horses and the dogs when you're ban racing. They can't all be rehomed. They have a bullet put in their head. If you want animals to die, then ban the live sheep trade.
Speaker 1: That's the way to go.
Speaker 6: For crying out loud, this has nothing to do with animal cruelty, like, where have you guys been. This is another UN agenda and we've seen it play out across the West time and time again. The farmers that were protesting in Germany, in the Netherlands, in Ireland. We have seen this across the West. They were barricading highways, they were shutting down airports.
Speaker 8: None of this was on the mainstream media. Of course.
Speaker 6: The war on farmers has been raging for a very long time, and it looks different in every single country. They came up with very creative excuses to do it.
Speaker 8: This is ours, This is ours.
Speaker 6: The war on farmers is raging, whether it's the compulsory acquisition of land for the green dream. But the UN has preached for many years now again we must all bow to this climate change communism that the agriculture industry is the single most damaging industry on the face of the planet. So that's our food supply goodbye. That's why we joke about But they're dead serious.
Speaker 8: Gotta eat bugs, got to move to plant base. That is what this real agenda is about.
Speaker 6: It's not like, oh, we care so much about sheep who have brains the size of peas.
Speaker 8: They're on a boat going to the middle. It's got nothing to do with that.
Speaker 6: It is another artful way to drive another peg in the coffin that is our farmers in this country, because that is the way this government has treated them. I grew up up in rural Victoria, a little town called Kayabrum, and I still speak to many of my farming folk friends and they said, there has not been a single Australian government that has ever done worse by farmers than their Albanesi government.
Speaker 8: This is just.
Speaker 6: Another policy, another great idea, but it is nothing to do with animal cruelty, everything.
Speaker 8: To do with this massive greening agenda.
Speaker 2: That the RSPCA are just minions of the United Nations or the RSPCA unaware idiots.
Speaker 6: Of course, the government's going to point to that as.
Speaker 3: A reason genuine concerns.
Speaker 6: What government actually concerns about. The cares about the feelings of sheep over anything. If you fight that is worth billions, you've.
Speaker 3: Got marginal seats, if you worried about an economy.
Speaker 2: If you've got marginal seats where you're worried about Green's candidates and you're anti Albanzi, you probably are not a whole.
Speaker 3: Lot of people are going to vote in favor of.
Speaker 6: Let's go to New York now, where Mayor Eric Adams has said, Look, we've got all these tens of thousands illegal immigrants that we're putting up on the taxpayer dime. I've come up with a use for them, because, of course a lot of them have to cross th Rieo grand to get here from Mexico. Of course, a lot of them aren't from Mexico, They're from overseas.
Speaker 8: But that's how they get in. Here's his solution for jobs a state.
Speaker 10: Those jobs that we are in high demand, we could expedate. How do we have a large body of people that are in our city and country that are excellent swimmers and at the same time we need lifeguards and the only obstacle is that we won't give them the right to rope to become a lifeguard.
Speaker 6: With a straight face, Well, these guys are excellent swimmers.
Speaker 8: That's how they made it here. Lifeguards, lifeguards for one and all.
Speaker 6: I'm sure the beaches of New York I don't know that they have that.
Speaker 8: Many are going to be thrilled.
Speaker 6: Maybe just public pools, et cetera.
Speaker 8: Lifeguards one and all.
Speaker 2: If you can illegally wait across the Rio Grand that automatically qualifies you to get a troll the pool in New York and save lives. Next, he is going to argue that many of them should be pharmacists because some of them have been dealing infentanyl.
Speaker 3: As they came to America. I mean, you know, what's what's next?
Speaker 8: True?
Speaker 4: But I mean, what are you going to have to learn Spanish in order to be able to go down and go for a swim?
Speaker 1: Now, if you actually want to.
Speaker 4: Know what the lifeguards are saying to you, these Mexicans, they're trying to tell you.
Speaker 1: What do to get out of the water. Get out of the water, like not comfidhend there. I don't know what they're saying. What are you going to do?
Speaker 2: He blames the bureaucracy for the fact that these people can't work. It's not the bureaucracy, it's the fact they're illegal. Audience there, they're they're unlawfully That's why they can't work.
Speaker 3: Oh, incredibles, cious keeps going crazy.
Speaker 4: Indeed, let's move on to the US now, where Secretary of State Anthony Blincoln has been over in Ukraine, where he popped up in a barn. Now, of course, we know we keep talking about the war going on between Israel and Hamas, but there is still a war going on between Russia and Ukraine. So mister Blincoln has taken a trip over there, and well it came under fire for let's say, freelancing in the evening, going to an underground bar where he took the microphone and started singing.
Speaker 1: Now the song is rockin in the Free World.
Speaker 4: And he got up and gave a spiel about how it was for Ukraine and then started singing. I'm sure that is of great consequence to people in Ukraine suffering through the war.
Speaker 1: You've got Anthony Blincoln there sing in a bar for you.
Speaker 4: It does make a bit of a mockery of the whole thing, doesn't like you know, I have no problem with a politician having some fun.
Speaker 1: They can't just be drones all the time.
Speaker 6: But come on, but Lincoln knows better than anyone that it is a mockery. I would argue, he knows better than anyone that this is a proxy war. He knows NATO have broken every promise to Russia that they've ever made.
Speaker 8: Since not an inch. Eastwood to Gorbachev in nineteen ninety. He knows that December twenty.
Speaker 6: One, America was sent to draft agreement security agreement from Russia saying, hey, these are our stipulations, but if you if you touch Ukraine, it's on like donkey Kong. And he knows, he's the Secretary of State that America was like, well, war it is. He also knows that straight after that war broke out, when Zelensky said, oh, hang on a minute, hang on a minute, we can be neutral, We can be neutral, and the negotiation started. If Talie Bennett was involved, Turkish negotiators flew in.
Speaker 8: It was all happening.
Speaker 6: Yay, it was going to be over as soon as it started. Who called an end to those negotiations the US? And who is arguably on every metric buying that country right out underneath the Ukrainians, the US. What is this war about, I would argue, and many people with eyes in their heads can see it.
Speaker 8: It is about US vested interests.
Speaker 6: When has the US ever spent one hundred and seventy five billion dollars that's how much they've sent to Ukraine to date on any other European country, unless we're talking post World War two and rebuilding the place. The thing that makes me if this doesn't strike you as sus, I don't know what is.
Speaker 8: So of course he's just in a bar being like rocking in the free world.
Speaker 6: This whole entire thing is a joke, and it's going exactly according to plan of the US.
Speaker 2: The thing that strikes me as sus is Blincoln was there to distribute ninety billion dollars worth of aid and also ostensibly to improve morale. I'm not sure why you would send Blincoln warbling Neil young Old raise morale.
Speaker 3: If you could kill Russians with cringe. I mean, he's found a weapon of mass destruction.
Speaker 4: Once upon a time, troops got a performance from Marilyn Monroe, and that would really lift your morale, wouldn't it.
Speaker 1: Now in Ukraine they get Anthony Blincoln. I mean that is enough to make you want to go and fight for Rata, Almost, isn't it.
Speaker 3: We're talking about lifting morale or not.
Speaker 2: I'm not sure whether Prince Charles was impressed or depressed by his portrait. The first official portrait of King Charles since his coronation was released today.
Speaker 3: It has met with indifference. No, it hasn't met with.
Speaker 2: Indifferences just hated. Have a look, We'll show you the unveiling and you can see what you think. Drink artist Jonathan Yoe took three years to paint that. He said it evolved as he progressed with all of the advisors in the royal family and with all of the controversy over the history of the Commonwealth and its role, England's role and colonization.
Speaker 3: Why would you produce a portrait of a blood soaked monarch. It's not smart.
Speaker 6: The artist literally said that, above all else, he wanted to communicate the monarch's deep humanity by depicting him bathed in blood holding a sword which you may have noticed.
Speaker 8: There, but with a butterfly landing on his shoulder.
Speaker 6: I'm not sure whether it's flames or blood, but good grief, it looks like Darth Maul from the Star Wars series, except he hasn't got the black and red checked face.
Speaker 8: I mean, what on earth?
Speaker 6: And the fact that this is his very first portrait as monarch.
Speaker 3: Is I'm sure it won't be his last because that do not hang that in the gallery, Gertrue. It's like he's peering at us through the depths of hell.
Speaker 1: I'd be commissioning another one.
Speaker 4: I don't think there's much doubt about that that I'm The only explanation I can come up with for that is that they had a sale on red oil paints down at the.
Speaker 1: Local art shop.
Speaker 8: The artist has.
Speaker 6: Decided to let everyone know his true thoughts on in a very you know, under under the under the table type of plane.
Speaker 3: That's what that's one portrait of the anti colonists will.
Speaker 1: Not be tearing down over the days of beautiful art.
Speaker 4: Hey look, I mean it's marginally better than most modern art, but only marginally. Speaking of art, let's go to Dublin where a local artist came up with this idea that they would install It's not art in a typical sense sort of painting, but they decided that they would install what they could a portal.
Speaker 1: Now there's one in Dublin, and there's one in New York.
Speaker 4: And the idea is put a camera in it and a big screen, as you can see there, So you stand in front of the portal in whichever city you're in, and you can see all the other people standing in front of the portal in the other city. And there's been you know, heartfelt moments of you know, family in Dublin and family in New York walking up to this thing and they get to see each other and wave at each other, and it's a window into another city. But you know, who would have predicted that things would go wrong when you have a great, big screen live streaming from the other side of the world anything you damn wan at any damn time of the day.
Speaker 1: Including wait for it, a man mooning.
Speaker 4: I mean, these are the people of Dublin, for heaven's sake, what do you think was going to happen after they've sunk a few pints againnis and gone down to this portal And it got even better? One woman, Well you can work it at me yourself.
Speaker 8: It got even better.
Speaker 1: Well, if you're on the other side, it got better. It got even better.
Speaker 8: Okay, little bottle.
Speaker 4: The other night you suggested that in order to not get peened by these mobile phone cameras, that you should wear a mini skirt.
Speaker 1: I mean, that's a brilliant idea.
Speaker 11: That was a brilliant and the authorities had to apologize for being creepers just because she was wearing a mini skirt.
Speaker 2: The authorities didn't believe it got better because they've closed it down until they can work out a way to stop bad behavior. I must say it wasn't just people exposing themselves, but people in Ireland were holding up their mobile phones showing footage of the nine to eleven terror attacks, as if somehow that would encourage their New York friends. The Lithuanian artists who came up with this idea and portal, they're really just glorified webcams. Yeah, but he said the idea was to help people embrace the beauty of global connectedness.
Speaker 1: And global connectedness through breasts. Fantastic.
Speaker 3: We're going to go to a break.
Speaker 2: When we come back, look at what's making news tomorrow, including more curfews in the Northern Territory that's up in a moment.
Speaker 3: All right, welcome back. Let's look at what's making news in the papers tomorrow.
Speaker 2: Of course, the big news out of the budget, Caleb, was that three hundred dollars energy rebate.
Speaker 3: But not everyone wants it.
Speaker 1: No funny about that. Some people don't want extra money. Don't know who they are, well about to tell you, certainly not me anyway, Billionaire budget backlash over bill bonus. We don't want three hundred dollars. Liz, can you give us a musical rendition of that headline?
Speaker 3: Go on, do it?
Speaker 1: You can sing what you know? Now you want me to sing it.
Speaker 4: She was in the meeting early, so we have a meeting every night, decide what do we do? In the front pages in and Liz started singing, now's your chance.
Speaker 1: They scale very poor. Come on, do it?
Speaker 4: Do it?
Speaker 1: Give it?
Speaker 3: Tell me worse than Anthony Blincoln.
Speaker 1: So give it to it.
Speaker 9: Go on the producer.
Speaker 11: She shoves out all the words of got it was just like, we don't need no three hundred bucks, Like it doesn't even fit.
Speaker 8: But thanks for bringing that up, Caleb, and thanks for the groovy den.
Speaker 1: Anyway, there we go. Let's move back to the story, shall we.
Speaker 4: Australian rich listers have blasted the Albanezy government for handing them three hundred dollars in energy bill relief, with prominent businessman Dick Smith vowing to donate the federal budget hand out to charity. Now, look, I mean Dick Smith has a bit more than three hundred dollars. He could probably donate more than three hundred dollars if he wanted. But it is good at pointing out the absurdity of this that it is not means tested. Every single person in the country, millions in the bank, billions in the bank. You know, Anthony prapped, Twiggy Forrest, They're all getting their three hundred dollars. And the reason they've done it, and I heard it suggested today it was, you know, it was policy on the hop That's why there was no means testing. The real reason there's no means testing is the reason they have done this is to try and reduce the cost of power when inflation is accounted for. And of course, if you're trying to reduce the headline number of inflation, if you start means testing who you give the three hundred dollars to, it reduces the ability to drop that inflation number. That's what it's all about. It's all about diddling inflation figures. Even though it's not actually inflationary, it could have some effect on the headline number when the boffins are drawing up the totals of what power costs have contributed to the rate of inflation.
Speaker 1: That's why there's no means testing on this.
Speaker 3: It's two things I thought when I saw this story.
Speaker 2: Firstly, if you're a charity and you get a phone call saying, look, I'm ringing on behalf of Dick Smith. He would like to donate money to your organization.
Speaker 3: I mean, you'd think it was Christmas.
Speaker 2: You'd be thinking, right, we're going to employ more staff, we're going to build buildings, we're going to change the world, and.
Speaker 3: Then you get to check for three hundred bucks bus.
Speaker 2: The other thing I thought is, you know, billionaires are the most demonized people in Australia at the moment. I mean, the Green's always every problem is the billion We're going to solve every problem by taking money off the billionaires. So I could imagine why if you did have a lot of money, you'd be feeling a bit silly getting this three hundred dollars and you'd feel like you're the problem, which you're not, but it's politically convenient for people to make you the problem.
Speaker 6: I don't think millionaires are that concern to be honest or feel really bad.
Speaker 3: I just wouldn't worry all the time.
Speaker 2: Let's go to the front page of the Northern Territory News where the Police Commissioner is about to get special powers territory curfew. Call reads the headline standalone curfew laws we introduced in the Northern Territory to allow more lockdowns, more flexibility at the discretion of the Police Commissioner. So these new laws would allow the Police commissioner he wouldn't It wouldn't be a political decision. It will be purely a policing decision. Having seen the curfew's work in our springs, will allow those powers to be at the Police Commissioner's discretion right throughout the territory.
Speaker 3: I guess.
Speaker 2: I mean, personally I have a problem with police just declaring curfews, but it shows you how bad the situation is in Northern Territory that politicians across both sides of Parliament are willing to countenance.
Speaker 8: This one hundred percent.
Speaker 6: And they've just seen the success of the curfew that was called, although that was only for two weeks and gone. Actually that really helped us out. They also know that they're outmanned the cops in the Northern Territory. They're struggling to stay on top of everything, and if that is a mechanism that they themselves can trigger, then it really helps them keep these situations under control when they're just spiraling out of control.
Speaker 8: So it makes perfect sense should out.
Speaker 2: It's got to be signed off by the police minister. But it's not instigated by the police ministers, instigated by the commissioner.
Speaker 4: But that being the case, why can't you just have the police commissioner go to the police minister or the state government or not the state territory government in this case, and say we believe.
Speaker 1: There should be a curfew.
Speaker 4: It's a decision of the government to make because I have a fundamental problem without sourcing decision making to the bureaucrats, because we elect politicians to make moral decisions on behalf of us.
Speaker 1: So do we give it all to the bureaucrats?
Speaker 4: Is what happened during COVID. We let all the health hemocrats make all the decisions.
Speaker 1: We let the police commissioners run states.
Speaker 6: At least in this regard, the cops are far more in tune with what is happening on the crown. The bureaucrats have never seen what these shut on a nightly basis, and the state where the rubber hits the road, the state of the these riots that.
Speaker 8: Are occurring, the gangs that are warring.
Speaker 6: So I think, if anything, it's a smart call by the government in this instance, because the commissioner knows when this needs to be triggered. The bureaucrats are sitting at home and they're really well, they're on.
Speaker 8: Their six figure salaries, they're doing very well.
Speaker 6: I'm sure they live in really nice homes and probably the nicer areas of town.
Speaker 8: Why should it be their call?
Speaker 2: And ultimately the government is because the government has to sign off on it. So if it was a completely ridiculous decision that everyone was outraged about, well you can vote someone out, you vote out the government, tool.
Speaker 4: Sure, and that's the purpose of the politicians making the decision. We did have police commission as effectively running states in this country during COVID, and that made me extremely uncomfortable.
Speaker 1: We had literal police.
Speaker 8: Yes, but this is a very.
Speaker 6: Different situation and the bureaucrats still have to sign off on it, which is they're still making the final.
Speaker 3: There's the accountability why.
Speaker 6: I don't think that argument quite stands up to the front page of the Canberra Times.
Speaker 8: Now A and U protest ultimatum. Well, it's about time.
Speaker 6: The a and U has told students at the pro Palestine camp on the campus to clear their tents by Friday or face disciplinary action. According to the University Staff Union. Well, finally, it seems like now that Deacon has done this clearing out their protesters their tens, perhaps they were the first domino to fall. We're now seeing a and you take similar action on the same day we're seeing Melbourne UNI. They've actually set their tents stuff inside, so it's not just in the UNI campus, it's inside a building on campus. I think this is a great move, and the more unis that do it, the more will follow.
Speaker 4: I can't give them a single shred of credit. They should have done it two weeks ago. I mean, this is week This is weakest piss at this point in the piece to say, oh, maybe you should move on now they've already shown their true colors.
Speaker 1: They did nothing to stop it.
Speaker 4: Sure, I mean they ought to be moved on, but I don't think they deserve credit for doing so when they took this damn long to do something about it. This is just oh, well, you know, it's gone on for a bit long. Now it's disrupted.
Speaker 1: It's a bit much.
Speaker 4: We should do nothing to do with anti semitism. It's literally just the unis going off. We're jack of it now, can you just shove off?
Speaker 2: Funny thing about this story is the unit called for a meeting with students on Monday and the students just refused to show up.
Speaker 3: But the students decided they would have a meeting on Wednesday.
Speaker 2: So even in this it's a massive power play where the university students are asserting the fact that we run this place, not the administration, not the faculty.
Speaker 3: And we've seen what's happened in America. They should have shut this.
Speaker 4: Down, all right, So we need a solution, right and we know that the solution to everything is a review, and that's exactly what you're going to get on the front of the Australian tomorrow. It's his ALP's answer to anti Semitism, a two year study. Towis groups are demanding a judicial probe into anti Semitism and universities after the Albanese government watered down its promised inquiry into racism. You're now going to have the Human Rights Commission carrying out a two year internal study in place of an inquiry into racism that had previously been announced. I mean, a two year view into an issue that's been going on six since October.
Speaker 1: The seventh. Oh we've got anti semitism in our campuses? Oh jeez, who knew that? We better have a two year study. We couldn't tell you in five minutes flat. What's the study meant to tell you?
Speaker 6: And the breakdown of social cohesion nation wide is now?
Speaker 8: What good is this going to be in two years? But that's not just what the inquiry is about.
Speaker 6: It specifically says it will focus on anti semitism, Islamophobia, racism and the experience of First Nations people in the university sector Caleb.
Speaker 8: So it's not even it's not just about anti semitism.
Speaker 6: It's this whole hodgepodge of does anyone dislike anyone ever?
Speaker 8: Because we I want to do.
Speaker 3: Something about it.
Speaker 1: That's what unis are for, isn't it.
Speaker 4: You know? We just we sit around and we discuss things, unless, of course, you're discussing something that I don't like, in which case you're not allowed here, and on and on.
Speaker 2: It's just it's called kicking the can down the road. We're going to take a break when we come back. Could Joe Biden Bee any more confused? Yes, he could. We'll show you in a minute. All right, it seems like we are sport for choice. When it comes to Joe Biden grabs.
Speaker 3: I mean, they just never stopped toy.
Speaker 8: We've got to show you this latest Biden gaff.
Speaker 6: I don't know where he's speaking, but for all that's worth, I don't think he does either.
Speaker 8: Check it out.
Speaker 3: They want to do what they finally got done.
Speaker 1: And then what we did finally got done, and to make up for it, they want to they want to give power back to Big Farmer.
Speaker 8: We need an interpreter.
Speaker 6: I mean, if you can interpret that, please write into us.
Speaker 8: Will put up some titles to be like this is what he is trying to say.
Speaker 4: Well, they should just get the smartest person in the world, Kamala Harris, to do the translation for it. Surely she knows what he's on about. But I mean, that's the bloke with a telep for heaven.
Speaker 3: He can't even read the words that have put in front of him.
Speaker 1: God help us.
Speaker 2: Well, there's a new movie coming out shortly, Kingdom of the Planet of the Apes.
Speaker 1: Now.
Speaker 2: The Stars were interviewed this week and they said that if they had to choose between Team Ape and Team Human, they would choose Team eight because they hate humans.
Speaker 3: I'm fully team.
Speaker 2: Aepe phrase teampe.
Speaker 4: Oh what.
Speaker 5: I mean?
Speaker 8: Look at the planet? Oh, here we go.
Speaker 3: Look at what the humans have done to the ear? Well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there are times where you see humans come together and you go, oh, isn't this lovely?
Speaker 3: And then there's times you go, I absolutely hate us. This is a self loathing in the Western world is just gross, isn't.
Speaker 6: The young people of today they have been so brainwashed they yeah, we hate us.
Speaker 3: We're terrible.
Speaker 1: Hear me out. Apes couldn't do a worse job than our politicians right now.
Speaker 3: It could be we're going to coming up? Is the Reta Penah Show stick Around