Speaker 1: Welcome to person number one podcast. You're listening to the Jamo and Dylan Show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, we're on the way That dance bra little Man trip with before is celebrating. Gooday guys, and welcome back to another episode of The Jammo and Dylan Show. Today's episode two hundred and forty four. We're back up to date. Deal. How are you going?
Speaker 3: I'm going well, mate, We've saved all the catching up for this episode. We haven't we haven't spoken before, so it's going to be jam packed for everyone.
Speaker 2: I think definitely. I've written down some dot points of what I've done. Obviously you'd have a little bit of the rest of your trip to catch up on. And then what's life been back in Perth since you've been back home.
Speaker 3: It's all right so far. You know, the weather it's been. It has been a little bit average, had some good days, had some really rainy cold days. First week took me a bit to get over the jet lag, so that was a bit of a task, you know, going to bed at three, waking up eleven terrible, terrible. But journey home was good. We had a really really nice flight because it was empty. There was only about fifteen people on it. So that was a dream, you know. I was able to get some good rest. Yeah, that was elite. Just been getting back into the swing of things, you know, a bit of work. Saw Rog today. Actually caught up with Rog at Nando's, which was nice.
Speaker 2: How is he?
Speaker 3: He's good, the weasel. He's obviously back back in his unigrind. He had a break this week study free. He told me some interesting things, which I'll tell you off camera. One of them, yeah, can't be shared, just about you know, some people in his life. But nah, he's going well, Rog looks, he looks happy.
Speaker 2: I kind of want to cut the recording now to find out, but let's not do that. We'll save it to the end.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I can always just send it on a messenger actually there. But yeah, so nah, it was good to see Rog and the Nando's was nice. So set them back here, you know. FOOTI is back which is nice this weekend as well. So now I'm going, well mate, how's your trip been going so far?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's been good. It's been good. It's been exhausting, as you would know, like travel has been difficult.
Speaker 3: The actual traveling is very exhausting itself, you know.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then it kind of knocks you about for the next day as well. Enjoying the trip. Been to some really cool places. I'm in Nice in the south of France at the moment. Yes, it's so nice and we're going to get to enjoy it. Today we're off to Monte Carlo, Monaco, lovely. That's a good day trip. Yeah, cheeky day trip only like a twenty thirty minute train from here, so that'll be good. Nice and yeah, excited for the rest of the trip, I think, what do I have? Now got two and a half weeks left? Okay, good, good, Yeah, so still excited. Still plenty more to see, but it's been good so far. I've got a lot to catch the people up on, including yourself. Yes, yes, some tragic news the other day, which we'll get into. Oh mate, what are the chances? Yeah, but I've got like everything in order. There's probably some stuff I've missed. But let's kick it off with our London leg of the trip. So obviously you're what a busy week. So your last seven days in Europe was spent in London and we caught up with each other and it was jam packed and it was actually quite difficult in a way. It was a beautiful time, but you were under the weather then I was under the weather. It was quite difficult with sickness, and there was one thing in particular that made us sick and it was the underground. Tell us a bit about that deal.
Speaker 3: Oh mate. So you know, me and Jamo in general aren't really public transport users. We love driving, you know, we drive everywhere, particularly in Perth. That's just what you do. Everyone has a car. Now in Europe it's a bit different. People love public transport and you know, me, Jamo, aren't you know against this. You know, we're not all rich and high and mighty. We're just common folks. So we were like, you know, we use the tube. That's what everyone does in London, right, you got to it's part of the experience. This thing, the tube station now was only built in the seventies, but because of the constant, high volume use of it, it's just deteriorated a lot. It's fel forty years, fifty years, it's filthy, it's packed, it's gross, and every time we went on it we both started feeling ill, yeah.
Speaker 2: Really ill. And even we had Jamie Hutchinson on the show and he also has the same view. He said every time he comes down from the north of England down to London, he's always sick, and we hold that exact same feeling. The girls didn't really feel it as much as us, but.
Speaker 3: No, they were loving it.
Speaker 2: I guess we're just built different. But yeah, but no, the underground was it was so hot as well, Like you notice it in a lot of these countries, like a lot of the public transport is hot because it's underground and we just don't have that back home. But yeah, in some countries the public transport was really good. In Barcelona we found it was really good. They have nice, wide, modern trains. And then here in Nice there's a lot of trams. It's a little bit like Melbourne, like the trams are really easy to use.
Speaker 3: Oh that's nice.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and let's just go through what's happened so far. Deal. So we're in London. We did heaps of podcasts. We're having some problems editing them for various reasons. So the first episode we did was with Rufus Rice and you guys haven't seen the YouTube version of that yet. That's because we lost clips. There was problems with the SD card stuff that we didn't even know could happen. The files were corrupting during the recording. It was ridiculous. We put like so many measures measures in place as well to have extra SD cards, extra space on it, like the cards. Oh it was a nightmare anyway. Yeah, that episode was decent, rufus nice bloke. Tick that one off onto the next. Then we had Joe on No No. Then we did the PROTI.
Speaker 3: One Prottie see which was a great day. But it turned out to prove very difficult to get this recording off of your storage because explain it to.
Speaker 2: Him, Jamo, So the file size is massive. They record in a file that's called black Magic Raw. This is all mumbo jumbo to use. Who listen, but it's basically like a megafile that's like incredible quality, and they record the sound directly onto the video, so you have to extract the sound from the video. It's just a it's a whole big ordeal, something we're not used to. And my laptop, just because of all the podcast stuff that's been on, it doesn't have much space left. So I've had to clear things try and make enough room. Still don't have enough room, can't get the audio from the video. It's a nightmare. So we've put that episode on the back burner for now, but if we can get it to work, it will be the best looking episode we've ever done.
Speaker 3: Yes, it's professionally filmed.
Speaker 2: You know.
Speaker 3: It was me Jamo Prody. We're on the couches in their studio. We had a guy behind the camera, so we had a camera on us at all times and another one that was on the person speaking. The quality of that episode will be unmatched.
Speaker 2: Sam as well, very hard Sam film that episode for us. Great guy was lovely to meet him. And yeah, in general, our time in London was fun. We did two more episodes. One that has just come out that Joe Sugwan, So if you haven't listened to that, go and have a listen. That's one of the most wholesome episodes we've ever had. I think the way that I explained England, I wrote it down in my notes. It was when we were in Ipswich actually, so we went and watched a Premier League game in Ipswitch. Shout out shout out to Massimo for that and like you and I said, like we did the proper experience of England because we went to a smaller town and we had the proper Premier League experience. We went to a local pub. Great times, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro a what a day that was. You know, we experienced real England. We went to a place that not many people from London have been to and they laughed when we said we visited Ipswich. But you know, we had a great day there and it was a good experience.
Speaker 2: The quote that I've got from our experience in England was English culture is disgustingly awesome. It was like when we're at the pub, there was so much just like filth around, but it felt so right and.
Speaker 3: Like it feels authentic and it is authentic and they're real people, but it's just so English.
Speaker 2: But we we fit in, you know, the convict is we just fit in. Also, we're on the might have been on the sug episode where we were talking about like, hey, you've got a bit of Tasmanian in you.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, yeah yeah.
Speaker 2: I was talking to my auntie yesterday and she said that I've got a lot of Tasmane in me. The Compact. Yeah, we're both from Tazavoy.
Speaker 3: Bro, that's my new team fucked. They're pissing me off every day of my life.
Speaker 2: Bro. Honestly, I wonder if they're still doing those ten to fifteen buck memberships. Might get one, I know, right, A proper second team.
Speaker 3: Yeah, proper second team them Tasmanian Devils.
Speaker 2: Boy. So yeah, that was good. How about our airbnb? I think we brushed on it when we're speaking with Rufous.
Speaker 3: Phew, but yeah, what a what a ordeal that was, honestly, so we get there.
Speaker 2: There's no internet. That was a big problem for us because we had to do things that require the Internet for our work. So that was unfortunate, just frustrating.
Speaker 3: Bro.
Speaker 2: We also didn't have any internet, so we couldn't upload an episode we recorded a while ago, and then we didn't even release it because we were like, well now it's not even in date, it's before our trip.
Speaker 3: We've done half of our treeah exactly.
Speaker 2: In that episode, I also said that I left my job of five years. So I was there at Office Works for five years, met some great people, had some up, had some great time, good experience, great people. That was the main thing, exactly. It is time to move on. It's been many years that I've been there, you know, grinding, there was late nights, there was early days. Like I've worked lots of different shifts and met so many different people, and I'm grateful for the time, but as you said, time to find something else and move on. So if anyone has any part time work out there, I'm happy to join your team, providing it's not hard labor. So thanks for that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't want to be doing any of that, any of that, No way.
Speaker 2: Ro no chance. Elle's Court deal. What a fond place that in my heart.
Speaker 3: Forever, what a suburb. L's Court is honestly just one of the highlights of the trip. Just that area itself beautiful. We saw a lot of different parts of London, but the court mate that's our favorite. That's a bit of us.
Speaker 2: I don't think I could never not stay in ELL's Court, you know.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's just it's that good. We just loved it so much. You know, we didn't really eat London, not particularly for us. I know that's where a lot of the youth and the creatives like to be, but you know, for us, we didn't mind a little bit of.
Speaker 2: Els caught shut our west side, that's us for life.
Speaker 3: We felt home when we were there, it just felt comfortable.
Speaker 2: It did and then didn't feel unsafe at all until we went.
Speaker 3: To East Mate. East was scary, I'll tell you.
Speaker 2: That, very scary our day with the Fellas and Prottie. That was elite. Going going over to East it was scary. But once we were in the studio where they have what would you call it, it's like a content creation center.
Speaker 3: It's a shared yeah, shared creative space, but they have what eleven studios within that or eleven office spaces within it, And yeah, it was just honestly elite, bro.
Speaker 2: It was so impressive and just like all the staff there, like we've met a few of them before when they came over to Australia and lovely people, good times and I'm happy to have had that experience. Also, we should have a few clips from Who's Punching we did with Cow and Chip coming out soon as well, so keep your eye out for that. Hopefully they'll be able to get those across to us. We also met our editor Dan How good is that?
Speaker 3: Oh what a lad? He came down and helped us for the Jamie Hutchinson epp and again just what a guy, bro. He brought us snacks. He's wholesome, he's a nice guy. Then what a moment that was because we worked with him for so long and now we're finally getting to meet him face to face. It was just well, it's been over a couple of years that he's helped us out.
Speaker 2: You know, he's made some of the tiktoks for us, he's been helping with some of the longer form content. He edited the Joe sug episode for us. So, nah, he's a great bloke, wholesome. We love Dan and hopefully we'll have a long future with him.
Speaker 3: As well, mate, I hope. So I really do.
Speaker 2: Just one thing. I've been like retro football shirt hunting in each country that we've gone to. So that's been a good little like side thing that I've been doing. I haven't bought anything, but I've just been there to appreciate what's on offer. And I'll tell you what. There's been some stinkers, and there's been some awesome stores too, Like there was one in oh really yeah, yeah, there was one in Amsterdam that was really cool, forget the name of it. And then there was some vintage markets that we've been to in various places that have had like crazy selection of teams that you know, you might not have even seen a shirt of theirs before. So now that's been a cool thing we've been doing, and I'm looking forward to doing that in Italy because they have a better collection.
Speaker 3: Like yeah, I'm sure that'll be elite.
Speaker 2: Yeah here in Nice, it's a beautiful, beautiful place, but not really known for the retro football shirt scene, so I'll keep looking.
Speaker 3: I doubt they have a lot there.
Speaker 2: Now, although they have the OGC Nice team store or down here online for sure. That's pretty cool. They have some nice stuff, like one of the the only teams that do I guess like lifestyle regular where right, So they'll they'll make you like oversized tea and slap their logo on it, but make it look minimal. So now shout out to OGC Nice. But yeah, like we're in Nice at the moment, beautiful beautiful place. We had some interesting weather. We had a thunderstorm on one of the nights, but now really lose. Yeah, it's weird, like there's been a few storms that have just come through different cities and they're only there for a little bit. They do a lot of damage and then they just disappear, so and they go, yep. We had like fifty five meals in one night and then it was like sunny, sunny the next day. So yeah, So after London that was awesome. What else did we do? So we went to Ipswich. We did a sightseeing tour as well of the double deck of the last on the last day. That was fun.
Speaker 3: Saw the sites of London they were there, all right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, I mean the historical part of it was cool. Yes, Vondall Park is good. That's in Amsterdam.
Speaker 3: Oh, that's one of That's one of the better ones in the world. There's no doubt about that.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So Grace and I was staying near there. That was our second leg of the trip. Amsterdam. Our experience was great. We had three nights there. It was beautiful. Then you've got like the Red Light District, which was, you know, an eye opening. We did the same sex show that you guys did.
Speaker 3: Nice.
Speaker 2: That was interesting. Like you said, though, no passion, there's no passion. It was just all work. And then yeah, yeah, a lot of unfaithful people in the crowd, who I've got a girl, I've got a boyfriend back home, and then they're on stage and stuff like that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, because they involved the.
Speaker 2: Crowd they do, which is great. It's good to see. But you know you can know these things. Yeah you don't.
Speaker 3: You're not forced on stage.
Speaker 2: No, it's like the whole Chris Brown thing, like girls have been like mad, Yeah, exactly is and then up they go and they getting as close to sex as you can with clothes on. Exactly with clothes on. Yeah. So now our experience of Amsterdam was great. Would recommend it. And it looks like quite a livable, quite a livable.
Speaker 3: Place, yep, one hundred percent. That's what I found as well. Then we went one of these cities that you think, Yep, I could definitely spend some more time here for sure.
Speaker 2: Beautiful greenery, just nice people. Yeah, not many, not many bad things to say about Amsterdam. Then we went off to Paris. Now day one was a nightmare for us.
Speaker 3: We Yeah, Carlie was telling me about this because Grace was talking about, You've had some trouble on the first day.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So we got to Paris and our accommodations reviews were really good. Like you know me, you're the same you always look at the reviews and as bad as it sounds you're searching for negatives, like because you want to avoid as many negatives as possible, Like you're doing this traveling, you don't want to encounter these problems, and obviously on a big trip you're bound to statistically encounter a problem or two.
Speaker 3: Exactly.
Speaker 2: We walked into this place and it just wasn't as we imagined. And then the receptionist spoke zero English, so that was real, Like I understand, like we're coming to their country, so you know, you don't expect everyone to speak English, like it's kind of selfish of us to just assume they will. But then it made communicating very, very difficult. We translated out and we're just trying to get things across, and it wasn't working. So we went up to our room and while we were checking in, there was someone screaming, crying. It was like an exorcism or that they were being tacked, like it was really really disturbing, and it happened for about sixty minutes on end, NonStop. Okay, we went We're in our room, which is like five levels up from the reception and we can still hear it just as much. Then next door.
Speaker 3: Was that tell lobby nice, like or when as soon as you walked in, did you think, oh, oh, here we go.
Speaker 2: It was a stinker. It was a stinker.
Speaker 3: Okay, yeah, so straight away when you're walking in, you're thinking, here we fucking go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not great. And then it seemed like she was the only person there. It was weird. It was just strange vibes. We're in the room, Grace is like, nah, I can't do it, and I'm like, yeah, okay, fair enough. I looked outside. We didn't have a view. It was like ruins of walls. There was mold all over walls. There was just like a weird slab of astro turf just on like this outer It was weird. Anyway, we had to try and find a solution to the problem. So we had a look on booking dot com and we found a place that looked really, really nice. But then, as you would know from the Airbnb stuff we went through in London, you have to like dispute things and you have to talk.
Speaker 3: To the money ain't coming back straight away.
Speaker 2: This process took a very very long time. And what was happening was they have a clause in the contract when you sign saying if you are to cancel your reservation, you have to pay what you paid on top of the reservation. So we paid to me, we paid like seven hundred bucks or whatever, and then they were saying, all right, well you lose that seven hundred and because of what you've put the hotel through, you have to pay another seven hundred. Doesn't make sense because if we're not staying there, they've got a free room.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's ridiculous.
Speaker 2: Bro. We walked down to the lobby and we tried to check out, and we said, look, we're going to a different hotel. This wasn't what we thought. Thank you au revoir right then yep. She basically was like in shock. She was like wait, why what were and obviously no English, So then I write it down on Translate and I'm basically saying, Okay, it wasn't what we expected. This was a problem. This was a problem. We're going to leave, like, we don't feel safe here. That was a big thing. Ye, there's a lot of banging happening, a lot of screaming. The safety was an issue. So we found this other place. We're standing out the front waiting for an uber, and the lady walked outside and started walking towards us and we're like, oh no, and it was a little bit horror movie. And then she just she was on the phone to someone obviously frustrated about the cancelation, confused probably, and then she walked back inside. We went off to the other place, checked in and this was like the perfect place we could have asked for in Paris. So it kind of worked out really well. We have lost a lot of money through the process. Booking dot Com didn't get our money back for the first place, which was the problem place. So no matter how hard, like I've sent message after message and then so did.
Speaker 3: They still so they made you pay that they made you pay on top of it.
Speaker 2: Nah, So we escaped that. We basically, if you canceled the reservation, then then you lose that money. But we chose to just keep the reservation and then just not stay there because then we're not only we won't have to pay that money. So technically we had two places booked at the same time. Booking were a bit confused about that, but is what it is. Move on. We got the place and yeah, we loved it. It was it was in like the most richest part of Paris, and you know, like from staying in L's Court. It's just like it's bliss because you know, you say, yeah, you know, you've got cool like spots, shops and stuff around. So our Paris experience was really good. We saw beautiful things. Really enjoyed our time there. And like you said, you enjoyed Paris too, and a lot of people hate it. I like it, bro Yeah. The only thing is that there was a lot of like there's a lot of perverted men in Europe, so like Grace Sny just walking around, they just stare and stare and stare sometimes like they do they don't really care. Nah, it's disgusting and sometimes like I'll stare back at them just to see if they're like gaming, and some of them put their head down, cower in the corner, some of them keep staring. That's one thing. There's just a lot of perverted men who don't give a fuck about like how they're perceived or anything like that. So but Paris was beautiful. It was funny when we went to the Eiffel Tower. We went there at night obviously when it hits every hour, the lights go on stuff. So we found our little spot and then I saw a rat like a big rat.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there's there's a few around that area because it's right near the river.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and then I basically I just instinctly just said, oh, there's a rat. Grace didn't like that because she really doesn't like them. And then we just kept seeing them. There's like little bushes and they hide in the bushes. Then they just run across one to the next bush, and we're trying to find a good spot and we're kind of like scrambling because we wanted like a good photo spot and everything. And then, yeah, it just was a big issue because there was rats everywhere. Grace didn't know that there was any rats in Paris at all, but there is, there is and no so our experience of the Eiffel Tower was a little bit sour just because of filthy rats and like, yeah, yeah, it's near the river. And then you've got like this kind of park where people sit and look up and take photos and everyone's eating food and they just leave it on the floor or like the bins are overflowing and they had.
Speaker 3: No That is one thing I've noticed in Europe. I completely agree, like people aren't on that recycling even like not even recycle, like we are. They're not even on that bin grind like we are in Australia.
Speaker 2: Bro.
Speaker 3: People don't give a fucking Europe.
Speaker 2: Yeah. And then even in some of the nicest spots though, you put your rubbish in like a rubbish bag and then you just throw it out the front and half the time it's all like overflown and stuff. And anyway, so Paris Day one was horrible. The rest of it was great. And then we also went to the Paralympics, so we missed the Olympics. We were too late for that, but the Paralympics were on, and to be honest, it surprised me. We went and watched the wheelchair basketball Australia versus Netherlands, and I didn't know what type of crowd to expect. I didn't know what the numbers would be. This place it was called Bercy Arena, and I think it's like capacity fifteen thousand or sixteen thousand, and they packed the place out. There was chance, there was Mexican Wave. There was so much going on, and the atmosphere was like electric, like one of the most fun atmospheres you'll be around. So that was cool. And then just before we left Paris. We went to montmart Is that how we say it, beautiful.
Speaker 3: Spot, that's a great spot. Yeah, that's where we stayed this time in the elite.
Speaker 2: Area and just beautiful scenery. You can see all of Paris.
Speaker 3: It's just that was a great view.
Speaker 2: And then off to Barcelona we went. So that was great fun the city when one thing that we do regret was that we stayed to city, if that makes sense, so like not enough Spanish, more city. So we were in like okay, I guess like the grace explained it as we could have been anywhere in the world because we looked that aside and it wasn't as Barcelonay as we would have hoped.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Then as we went out, so like we did a day trip which I'll get on to in a minute, and we also saw some sights. Just some great things happened day. So we spent one night in Barcelona. Then the next day we went and did the Barcelona stuff, so Barcelona FC stuff. So I went and did the immersive tour by myself and that was pretty cool. Would I recommend it to people? I think if you're a really big soccer fan or if you're a really big barsa or a messy fan, go and do it. But if you just are looking for something to do, pretty expensive to do, like all of the things there and I don't know, I enjoyed it. I'd probably give it like a seven out of ten. There are some cool things they have. I think it's more driven towards the real fanatics of the club itself, fanatics of messy or young kids, so you can get like if if you were like a dad who loved Barcelona and took your kid, it would be a great experience because you'd both Yeah, so did that quickly, got back to the hotel, change my clothes, and then we went out and watched Barcelona play. They won seven nil against like Smash or something. Yeah, smash them, so that was good. The stadium. I got to see the their old stadium, which is obviously being redeveloped, and that is just ruins at the moment because it's going to take a while to get that up to speed. But we saw the Barcelona Olympic Stadium and that was pretty cool. The only thing was that it was really really really hot and we were sitting in like direct sunlight and it was just we're just boiling away and you can't even like focus properly on the game because you're just sitting there melting. Atmosphere there was pretty good. I feel like the atmosphere in a closed stadium is normally better.
Speaker 3: Because yes, that's a bit of an older one, isn't it older one?
Speaker 2: And it's like open air, so like it was still cool though, Like it was pretty busy and lots of goals scored, so I guess we got our money's worth. And then yep, yeah, Barcelona architecture was crazy. We went to this place called Partner well yeah I did.
Speaker 3: We did a tour there, yeah.
Speaker 2: And just like walking around there is cool, like amazing views of the city, and I guess that's when we felt like, oh this is this is proper Barcelona because you can see just yeah, the whole scenery, the beach area, Barcelonetta. That's cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, bro, that's a beautiful spot.
Speaker 2: I love how like we will just walking along the foreshore and then you've got like a gazillion paddle courts and that I just thinking like us with the boys paddle and then that would have been cool.
Speaker 3: Yeah, they love it in Europe. Paddle It's massive. They got stores and ship it's taken over.
Speaker 2: I want to go and play, but like you kind of need four people. Yeah, I know, you mean because it's doubles. And then oh yeah, for got to mention. I whacked a few past testagan they have like robokeeper.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I saw that.
Speaker 2: It was weird though, because I was in line there's maybe ten people before me, and it just came with the ticket that I bought, so I was thinking, well, let's do it. Why not had a little bit of time and then no one was scoring before me, and I was thinking, gee, this thing's like saving everything. But then I was just kicking harder than the people before me, and it just takes too long to react. So yeah, yeah, that's the loophole. If you go there, just kick it hard and pick a corner and then you'll score. And then I just got a bit too cheeky towards the end, trying to do like skill shops and are Yeah anyway, so tossa demark Grace and I went on a day trip to this beautiful town up the coast. I think it was like an hour and a half, just under two hours a bus ride up there, Beautiful scenery on the drive up and then you get there and then the ten one's beautiful. I think there's only five and a half thousand people that live there, like beachcha yeah, and then it's only got like one or two or three main beaches and then you kind of move onto the next town. But it was great for a day trip. I'd recommend it to anyone going to Basa. And then we were enjoying our day, had some time on the beach, went to a couple of restaurants. Then we went to have a drink. Right now, there's a castle up on the hill and I guess that's like the main focal point of the place is this castle. And then there's a massive hill and you can walk around. It looks beautiful. Go up there, looks great. Took all of our photos, you'll see them on Instagram soon. And then we go down and have a drink and we just see these police cars, ambulances, fire trucks, just all of them start going up the mountain. We're thinking, hell, yeah, we were just up there. We're just like, you know, starting to enjoy our food. It's about what time was it maybe like a four point thirty or something, and we were on the mountain at four o'clock and an incident happened at four point fifteen. So we're eating our food, having a drink, and then all the things go past and we know something bad's happened. Maybe another twenty minute passes. Police start like clearing people off the beach, and I think, oh, no, someone's drowned or something. But then we saw the cars were going up the hill, and cars aren't It doesn't seem like they're supposed to be going up this hill. It's not very car friendly. And they start to like section off parts of the of the viewing towers and stuff. And then I started thinking the worst, and I was saying it to Grace. I was like, someone might have fallen She's like, no, no, no, I don't think that, like, don't think negative, and all the you know, I'm thinking logically, I think you think someone's actually fallen off. And then a helicopter comes over, and that's when I think, all right, well, that's not for leisure, that's for that's a rescue helicopter to try and help someone. And then I'll just cut the story.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 2: Basically, a fifty one year old Mexican woman rest in peace. She fell off the mountain onto rocks, I get a photo.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so that's terrible, terrible.
Speaker 2: Allegedly, like the articles have said that she removed a barrier up near the castle, tried to take a photo, slipped, fell, and unfortunately passed away. So that was not a great end to our day. As I told you, I had a pretty much a ten out of ten day at Tossa DeMar and then it was kind of soured at the end because of that moment, which was unfortunate. And it was also really eerie on the drive home to think about the fact that we were up there only moments before it happened. So that was pretty scary. And I think this thing happens, you know, quite regularly up that mountain because they had a lot of safety barriers and whatnot. But it was pretty It was pretty dangerous up there if you weren't being I guess serious enough. But yeah, beautiful place. Would still recommend it. I don't want that to stop anyone from going, because if you're I guess not silly enough, you won't be.
Speaker 3: Removing eactly, you won't be in that situation exactly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, I've really been enjoying the trip, so far, we're off to well, we've got yeah, Monaco today, then we'd leave tomorrow. We're getting a bus to Italy.
Speaker 3: We're doing Lovely, Lovely.
Speaker 2: Doing Milan Rome. Then we go to a Greek island and we're back to England. For the last two days. I get to watch my beloved, say, Southampton play finally got that way.
Speaker 3: That'll be a great That'll be a great experience, I'm.
Speaker 2: Sure, definitely, so very excited for that. And then, like I said, need to find a job when I get home, so I actually need to finish my resume. I've been putting that off the last few days. I haven't had much time to be honest, because we've been running around. It's busy doing heaps of things. But yeah, footy finals are on. I haven't been missing it because I've been able to watch a bit here and there. Yeah, but I do miss the feeling in like back home around finals. I know, Yeah, it really is something different a so it'll be good to get back. Like you said, the jet lag hit your hard when you got home, and it probably will to me too. But I come back on Grand Final week, so at least that will be like the pick me up so that'll be good. But yeah, what do you have to deal? What have you been up to since you got back home? Obviously back in the work getting.
Speaker 3: Yeah, getting in the swing of things back at work, which was it was actually all right. A few new blokes have started. Yeah, the lad's so a bit similar to my age. So some good banter. And you know, guy from from India moved here a year ago in his thirties, love and life. Off to Frio for the first time this weekend year. So I gave him some recommendations. What is he going on or just like a day trip now I think just with his just with his wife. Yeah, a little check the town out, so, you know, good to her. Good to give him some recommendations. He likes Perth, but he agrees that it's he says, you know, in Mumbai you can go out at three am, go out anytime. In Perth not not the same.
Speaker 2: But he should be staying home.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he shouldn't be out at three am anymore. But no, it's like I said, bro, it's been good. Carl's dad's birthday last night, Happy sixtieth Paul. We went to dinner which was good, and then Maum's birthday tomorrow, So happy birthday, mum sixty four, sixty four years young. So yeah, good weekend ahead, beautiful stuff, jam packed.
Speaker 2: I love it when you have a jam packed weekend, like it's not very often you get one, but when you do, I agree, you feel like you're doing life properly.
Speaker 3: Exactly, bro, exactly.
Speaker 2: So yeah, guys, we'll leave it there. We've got to catch our train shortly, so very excited for the rest of the day. And also, mate, keep your eyes out for the next couple of episodes. Obviously, we have two more from the UK tour to release and then some Good Way to be reunited. In a few weeks, we'll be back home and we'll be we will mate, ready and raring to go. So yeah, much love to you all. Thank you for the time, Dylan, and we'll see you guys. Well, would probably be Jamie Hutchinson episode next.
Speaker 3: Yeah, maybe Jamie. We'll see you guys soon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and that episode's a funny one, so so enjoy that much love and we'll see you guys next time. Cheers.
Speaker 1: Thank you for listening to the Gemo and Dylan Show. Make sure to subscribe to the boys on YouTube and share the podcast with a Mate,