Speaker 1: Good morning Melbourne, Lauren.
Speaker 2: We'll start your morning the right way.
Speaker 3: Be great. This is Jason Lauren.
Speaker 2: You're one hundred.
Speaker 3: Well, good morning everybody, and welcome to your Monday.
Speaker 4: Good morning, Happy Monday, Melbourne. What a sparkling weekend.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, yesterday it was an absolute cracker. We were down at Morning Stends.
Speaker 5: Morning Melbourne, Morning Jace, Lauren.
Speaker 3: Miss you missed our big time. We were down at Frankston yesterday at the foreshore there.
Speaker 6: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 4: Thank you to everyone who came and said hello, because you know, it's one of those things we don't know how many people are going to turn up, and especially when we said let's go to Frankston foreshow, that'll be an amazing spot.
Speaker 6: We've got so many listeners down there.
Speaker 4: And we didn't really think about what if the weather was no good cause it would have been a very different scene.
Speaker 6: Was it was hot? Did you twenty two in sunny and there were thousands of people.
Speaker 3: Did you meet mister Whippy? No, mister Whippy wasn't there, but we did hit Sorry when I left.
Speaker 4: When I left, Jay said to me he had Hudson there, his gorgeous little middle child, and they were going to go fishing, and I left and drove out of the car park and they were just sitting there eating ice creams.
Speaker 6: Jason admittedly Hardy had been very patient.
Speaker 3: He deserved my eight year old. Look, we're going to go down there. We're just going to shake hands and say hey and give you some money for an hour or so.
Speaker 6: We were there for a lot longer than two hours.
Speaker 3: He sat there just watching me, being like, I don't think dad's going to stop shaking hands soon. So at the end, I was like, you know what you earned? The ice cream and a fish, and did you catch not a bloody thing?
Speaker 4: Did you go to the fish and chip shop though? Because there were people down there fish and chips when I left and it looked like, seriously good.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to go to the fish and chip shop while holding fishing rods.
Speaker 2: It just had an ice cream in the other It screams defeat.
Speaker 6: It does scream defeat, you know what I mean? No fish for you? Shame, what a pity. But it was it was like I couldn't believe the weather.
Speaker 3: It was incredible, absolutely incredible.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it was amazing.
Speaker 5: So good are all these people turning up to say hey?
Speaker 4: As well, because people have been doing it. The first few days it was like just people coming at us. Now that's quite an orderly fashion of people saying hey, people are getting a bit strategic thinking.
Speaker 6: About where they want to be in the line.
Speaker 4: And then it's always disappointing for we give away a thousand dollars to someone. They're the one thousand dollars, two thousand or three thousand listener that we've met. They get a thousand bucks and the people next in line are.
Speaker 3: Like, oh yeah.
Speaker 6: Well so flat. It's so exciting for someone so flattening.
Speaker 5: You're at the South Melbourne Market on Saturday, and I did a live cross to you on weekend today and I didn't know if I was Arthur or Marsha.
Speaker 6: Wasn't it awkward?
Speaker 5: I was just I was a bit stunned. I didn't know I should wear my radio hat or my TV hat.
Speaker 3: Let's see.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 4: I didn't know if I could have fun with you and Jesus or if we had to be serious, because.
Speaker 2: You're serious serious on the news.
Speaker 6: Yeah, Jase.
Speaker 4: How many different tastes of South Melbourne Market did you have a few?
Speaker 5: Oh?
Speaker 4: Yeah, we had a South I went for right, Jase had to hangover on Saturday mornings, so like basically ate the whole millionaires. They couldn't wait to get out of there on Saturday.
Speaker 6: Couldn't wait.
Speaker 3: I had a couple of cookies. People were bringing them from the shop.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh my gosh, what's the name of that place?
Speaker 6: There's a cookie market cookies.
Speaker 5: You just made this bold admission on air that you were I love cook You mean the South Melbourne Michael Keys, Yes.
Speaker 6: Yes, that that whoever gave them to us, thank you.
Speaker 4: They were the best. There was one called a birthday cake and I had sprinkles on.
Speaker 3: I got on the gummies as well. It was like a Lolli shop there.
Speaker 6: We're having a how of a time.
Speaker 3: Got to watch my wording speaking of with go to a t shot My god. Lauren Phillips doggie. Any time I saw a dog, she was on the ground rolling.
Speaker 4: Around the dogs down at Frankston. So many people bought their dogs and I was not interested in the people. You know what, dogs have four paws, that's four shakes. It's getting come fast.
Speaker 3: Hey, details on how you can get your hands on ten thousand dollars.
Speaker 6: We must be getting close.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we are ready to give this away. Like Laus said, every one hundredth person we meet who says hey, winse hundred bucks. Every thousandth wins a grand and we are getting very close to our ten thousandth handshake or hay, yes.
Speaker 4: We must be getting close. I feel like I've met every single person in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: Details on where we're going to be today a little bit later on in the show. Not only that, We've got a bunch of special guests today too, don't we we do?
Speaker 4: Mason Cox is coming in. Can't wait to see what's happening in the footy. Keeter Alexander's joining us on the show.
Speaker 5: Oh this is a great song.
Speaker 6: So that's Keita with her song with Fisher. It launched a Coachella last year.
Speaker 4: Fisher was at Livgolf on the weekend which looked absolutely amazing as well.
Speaker 6: Keita's joining us.
Speaker 4: I went and saw her on Friday night at the Corner Hotel. It was jam packed and she is my absolute girl crush.
Speaker 3: At the Corner Hotel, great life, yeah, great live music. It just screens Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Oh it's such a good spot. There were people at the front trying to get in. It was fully sold out. You couldn't get in the show is amazing. We're catching up with her and we've also got Mel Bracewell and Tim McDonald from the Cheap Seats joining us yesterday.
Speaker 3: Got right up there.
Speaker 6: It was really warm in the sun. I was loving it.
Speaker 3: It was beautiful. Obviously I went straight to sunburn rather than tanning.
Speaker 6: Did you get sunburnt?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: No sunscreen when you were trying to fish.
Speaker 3: On the pier a little bit red US rangers burn. Our number is thirteen twenty four to ten and you're gonna need it right now if you want to score yourself a thousand dollars with a brand new little game keep track of.
Speaker 6: Your money with Bank West.
Speaker 7: Genuinely useful app.
Speaker 6: Consider it right for you have terms of you supply. Jason Lawrence Technology takers, guys.
Speaker 3: Send my ten year old son. Felix is in the house, so we are going to show him an old piece of technology. He's going to describe what it is, and if people can work out what they think that piece of old school tech is, they have the chance to win themselves one thousand dollars or thanks to our mates at Bank West.
Speaker 6: Sounds simple, huh, Felix, are.
Speaker 3: You ready for item number one? Okay, sure, okay, crack this describe what I'm handing to you.
Speaker 6: It is rectangular in a type of way of three D shape? What color is it? Black?
Speaker 3: What's it made out of? Yeah?
Speaker 6: Is there anything on the back of it?
Speaker 8: There is?
Speaker 3: What's written on it?
Speaker 4: I believe Shae.
Speaker 9: The Today's Show.
Speaker 10: Six?
Speaker 3: Okay, The Today Show six? Wow?
Speaker 5: Oh Steve Leebman will have been hosting back then?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: What's on the back of it? Felix, there are.
Speaker 3: Two circular white things. Have you ever used? Have you ever used one of those before in your life?
Speaker 6: I feel like I haven't.
Speaker 3: No, have you ever seen me use one?
Speaker 6: Nor?
Speaker 8: Have you ever?
Speaker 3: Yes? Yes?
Speaker 6: Do you think it would go into a machine or something?
Speaker 11: Yes?
Speaker 3: All right? Clear? The phone lines thirteen twenty fourteen is our number. Rectangular thing, a.
Speaker 4: Black, rectangular shape, three D shape, three D shape, plastic.
Speaker 3: And it's got Today's Show O six on the bands and windy things.
Speaker 4: Yeah, some little white windy things A little bit flicks at the top.
Speaker 3: All right, let's go to the phones thirteen twenty fourteen. If you think you know what.
Speaker 4: It is, let's go to Sheridan from Montrose. First of all, Sheridan, can I ask how old are you?
Speaker 12: I am about to turn thirty five?
Speaker 4: Okay, yes you will know. We should definitely use one of these before.
Speaker 6: Sheridan, do you know what it is?
Speaker 12: I think it's a VHS tape.
Speaker 3: Let's check, Felix. What do you think it is?
Speaker 6: You can say it's CD tape.
Speaker 3: No, no, it's not a CD tape. Oh my god, that's called v HS. Oh VHS. Yeah. Do you know that stands for what? I don't know? Hey, Sheridan, A thousand dollars amazing, thank you so much.
Speaker 6: Do you know what a VHS stands for?
Speaker 13: I don't know what to stand It's a.
Speaker 6: Video home system?
Speaker 3: Is that what it is?
Speaker 6: I don't know? It's a guest No, I haventy.
Speaker 3: Hey all thanks to Bank West. Eight thousand dollars coming your way. A goodbye to no worries that good mates, A bankquestre going off morning?
Speaker 6: What a video home sister?
Speaker 3: Is it? Trust mum to know? Oh? You are old?
Speaker 6: So I guess guys, I'm not old? A genius?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 5: No, what about when someone used to tape over your favor?
Speaker 6: You take the Barcelona I think it was opening.
Speaker 4: Ceremony amigas Paras and I loved watching it all the time about nineteen ninety six. Yeah, yeah, yeah, I loved watching it all the time.
Speaker 6: And my brother taped over it and so do you.
Speaker 3: Pull the little plastic thing off? You know how there was that little square.
Speaker 2: My god, that's right, tap off.
Speaker 3: And then no one can record over it.
Speaker 5: I got to take it to knockout and my brother, Yeah that's the name of the Oh yeah, Fiona McDonald and Jason.
Speaker 3: Where they come out of that little gold buggy and it was like the original Gladiators and they compete in that joint distance.
Speaker 5: You can hear the sound of the chair and the laugh and the roar of the crowd.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, that this is a symbol that you guys are in your forties and obviously my thirties.
Speaker 6: So I've got no idea what you're.
Speaker 2: Talking about, Philly J.
Speaker 3: Smith.
Speaker 6: I think you've never heard of it.
Speaker 3: Down he's in the golf buggy in the sky.
Speaker 6: Why were they in the golf buddy.
Speaker 2: I didn't have much ground to cover. He was a grand arrival.
Speaker 6: They arrived on the stage a golf bug It.
Speaker 3: Wasn't the fittest man, so, oh.
Speaker 4: My gosh, that's so funny.
Speaker 6: That would that be on you know, that wouldn't be on YouTube?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, absolutely uploaded their vhs.
Speaker 4: I really wanted to have a quiet weekend. This weekend, I feel like, I don't know, I feel like life's been hectic.
Speaker 3: What oh, We've just been out meeting hundreds of people that listened to the show, getting right across Melbourne. Wouldn't It's been the.
Speaker 4: Quietest No, I mean like quite Friday night Saturday, I mean like I don't want to go out.
Speaker 6: Out of the house.
Speaker 3: Mom needs a rest.
Speaker 6: The sun goes down, Lauren goes to bed vibe. That's where I was out this weekend.
Speaker 3: Mission accomplished and well.
Speaker 4: And then I got a text from my brother that said what are you doing on Saturday?
Speaker 6: And I was like, well, I'm having a quiet weekend. What's on?
Speaker 3: Off? Face mask on?
Speaker 6: And he said, could your babysit? Then? Could you take Sienna for Saturday night?
Speaker 4: And I was like absolutely I can because that is the biggest handbreak of all time. I said what time and he said between three and six and oh easy, ah, she is three and a half months. I was like, sure, can she come to me? What do I need to go to her? We live very close, goes no, No, I'll bring it to you, no problem.
Speaker 3: Hang on, what time were you looking after?
Speaker 6: It was like three point thirty till six thirty.
Speaker 3: But they did not know I'd be wanting to play a home ground like the baby's home ground bag because all the stuff's there. Otherwise it gets to six thirty, you're hitting bedtime routine. You've now got to move.
Speaker 5: Talk to me about a three and a half month year old, year old three and a half month old.
Speaker 3: How much maintenance do you need to do.
Speaker 2: In that time?
Speaker 6: I didn't think a lot.
Speaker 4: A feed, yeah, an happy change asleep.
Speaker 3: I was like yeah.
Speaker 4: Anyway, they came, came down, bought baby CC down. I said, bring the pram. I'll just like, it's not one of those I don't know what babies use. It's not a pram that sits up like a chair. It's like a bed on wheels.
Speaker 3: A bassinet. It's a bed on another chair. Is that a stroller? It's a bacinet.
Speaker 6: No, so this is like a bed on wheels.
Speaker 4: So I was like, bring that down, and then they've got this's Stephane's fema has like a molm backpack.
Speaker 3: That's gone.
Speaker 4: Every single thing you could ever possibly want you need for a baby.
Speaker 3: I was like the cream nappy restaurant, I don't.
Speaker 4: Know, whatever, everything it's all in it. So they bring her down and I know they did. They missed out on that I needed it. And they were like, she's pretty chilled today. She's she's fine, she's just had a sleep, she's awake, she's had a feed. She's really chill. I'm like, great, come down, we'll just hang out. So off they go, they say goodbye. She's happy as a clam. The second they closed the door and walked out of my front door, that kid looked at me and screamed for two hours.
Speaker 6: Really, she just well not for to take it for a walk and stop crying.
Speaker 3: Because if you take it for a walk to stop crying, you've got the bed on wheels, because you've got to do something.
Speaker 4: She wants to sit up. She didn't want to light out, so I was then I managed to get her to sleep. I was like, well, I'm just going to have to get her to sleep because she then she won't make any noise.
Speaker 3: But she went.
Speaker 4: Back to sleep my arms and then I tried to put her in the bed on wheels, wouldn't have it. Didn't want to be put down. So I worked out that she was fine if I was holding her.
Speaker 6: And she was.
Speaker 3: For three hours.
Speaker 4: Well, they then said how's it going? And I was like totally fine because I didn't.
Speaker 3: You never want to admit defeat.
Speaker 4: So they were like, well, we'll stay are they got home like, oh no, what's like eight thirty.
Speaker 8: To hang on?
Speaker 3: So now we're well into the night route.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, I've done the bar. I know, I haven't done a bath. I didn't do the bath. I was like, I didn't do the bar.
Speaker 3: You let the path out till late thirty.
Speaker 4: Well, that's not my problem, not my kid, not my circus, not my monkeys. I fed her anyway. So I was like, well, I've got to get dinner. I'm starving. How am I going to cook dinner when you can't put the baby down? I take away then, so I was like what could I eat.
Speaker 6: With one hand? So I was like, I'll get dumplings. I just thought that would be an easy I drop that on the baby. Well that's what so you know what I did?
Speaker 3: You can't get the soup ones.
Speaker 6: I took a I.
Speaker 3: Oh no, I.
Speaker 6: Kept flaking off and I wrapped her in teatowels. What when I held her? If I dropped the soy on her, just it is absorbed. It went on the tea toouse, and if the baby blanket. I thought that was a good idea.
Speaker 3: You wrapped her up like a leftover.
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's just in teatowls like a Christmas ham.
Speaker 4: And their little head was out and she was asleep, and I was wrapped in the teatous and I just I couldn't sit down because also anytime I sat down, she opened her eyes and looked at me like, silly wench, get back on your feet or I'm gonna scream.
Speaker 3: Question, what did you take her out of the tea towels and put her back in the blanket before your brother arrife.
Speaker 6: I didn't want to. I didn't want to be shamed. But the tea towel was covered in soy, so it was lucky that I did the t tail trin.
Speaker 3: That's probably a good time as ever to sell Lauren's babysitting services. You can get in touch with us here at Nova.
Speaker 2: You're going to make a great mother.
Speaker 3: Mason Cox in a little bit later, on this morning after another big weekend of footy. Nice win for the Cats.
Speaker 4: He was also live golf on the weekend. Was he my fiance Paul flew over to Adelaide for it? And he said, oh, I saw big coxy there.
Speaker 3: Well he could have been on a completely different hole and you'd see coxy.
Speaker 14: Yeah.
Speaker 6: No, he said he was partying with Fisher. Yeah, yeah, yeah, all right, Well we'll see not my Paul, he's too old for that.
Speaker 3: Was about to say, we'll see what Mason condition he is in when he joins us.
Speaker 5: Around eight this morning, you mentioned the Cats, Gee said the ones depeat seven and zero your victory of the Blues.
Speaker 4: A crowd at the MCG in the Cats home game, wasn't it. Yeah, Jeremy Cameron said, legend, he's cool. I read a headline this morning and that said he's the closest thing to Buddy that we've seen in a long time, which is saying some It.
Speaker 3: Was the problem Blue is just left there run too late.
Speaker 5: Blues just kept coming and coming and they couldn't quite.
Speaker 6: Cats are very good, They're on very good team front.
Speaker 3: They are the team to beat. But anyway, more on the footy later on when Mason joins us, we're a huge weekend. We were out and about right across Melbourne. Saturday, we were at the South Melbourne Markets. Then yesterday we hit up the Frankston Foreshore.
Speaker 4: Oh my gosh, can I just say thank you so much to everybody who came down and said hey, I was a little overwhelmed how many people were there.
Speaker 6: Thank you. We loved meeting you all.
Speaker 4: We actually, you know, we don't get a chance to get out of the studio very often to actually meet the people that listened to the show, and it was so awesome.
Speaker 6: So thank you to everyone who came down.
Speaker 3: And said hey, all we have to do is come up, shake our hands, say hey, every hundredth person wins one hundred bucks, every thousandth wins a grand and we are getting very close to me eating the ten thousandth person who will pocket ten k. But this is how the weekend went down. We've just had another one hundred go off at South Melbourne Markets. Becky, congratulations, thank you very much. Oh no, you've just won a hundred forty Brittany, can you introduce us to our youngest hundred dollars?
Speaker 6: We know you can say this is Fletcher.
Speaker 15: What do you say, Bludy again?
Speaker 3: You hey, hey.
Speaker 6: Said, I just won one hundred bucks. But what are you going to do with one hundred dollars?
Speaker 3: Do you think?
Speaker 4: Mark?
Speaker 7: What's the into dinosaurs?
Speaker 3: Megan?
Speaker 8: Dinosaurs?
Speaker 14: Hello?
Speaker 3: John? Hello?
Speaker 16: How are you?
Speaker 3: Things are coming down the South Melburn markets to me?
Speaker 4: This just said thanks for having me, so you look fresh this morning?
Speaker 3: And what did you reply?
Speaker 16: I was like, I haven't been home from the clubs yet. I'm on, I have from one night stand hungover as f did we sneak out or do they know you left? I snacked out this so this is my excuse I got to Jason Lauren.
Speaker 3: Watch it, Ole check Albert. Mate. If you could see the look of the people next in line, Ah, you made their little girl cry.
Speaker 6: Congratulations one thousand dollars. It's not bad for a Saturday morning.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good. How good's that? What are you going to drop the cash on? Far? Maybe Carten tonight? What a way to waste waste?
Speaker 6: Partner?
Speaker 3: Yes, what's your name?
Speaker 2: Steph?
Speaker 3: He's got the idea of dropping the k on Carlton tonight.
Speaker 6: We're going straight to the Gucci.
Speaker 3: And we are back out again today a little bit later on in the show, we'll give you all the details on whereabouts you can find us.
Speaker 4: It's so funny how different people want to spend their money on different things. Oh, especially in couples when one wins.
Speaker 3: I know that that poor guy thought he had to say.
Speaker 5: That's so good of a juxtaposition there between Carlton and Gucci.
Speaker 3: Peter Alexander. You want to talk about powerful female singers.
Speaker 6: Gosh, I love her so much.
Speaker 3: She played to a sellout crowd at the Corner Hotel over the weekend. She's going to be joining us after seven this morning.
Speaker 6: She's my girl crush.
Speaker 3: Yeah. I went down a full rabbit hole stalk on the weekend, too much follow Yeah, these fat little fingers almost accidentally hit the like button.
Speaker 6: Oh that's good. You should like her?
Speaker 3: No, no, no, I met on one of the earlier photos.
Speaker 6: I like from twenty years deep.
Speaker 4: You I actually someone's little fat fingers liked some of my posts yesterday.
Speaker 2: Just very surprised, but I did see that.
Speaker 4: It's like a little ex boyfriend slipping into your DM posted about it.
Speaker 6: If you're wondering, who, go and have a look.
Speaker 3: We were just talking about our say, hey, Twin ten k where we're getting out across Melbourne? How's this? We were pretty much someone's alibi. We found out on the weekend we were the cover story when we met this guy at South Melbourne Markets. John, Hello, how are you hey? Make things for coming down to South Melbourne Markets to meet us?
Speaker 6: Just said thanks for having me. G you look fresh this morning?
Speaker 3: And what did you reply?
Speaker 16: I was like, I haven't been home from the clubs. It out on my hand from one night stand, hungover as.
Speaker 3: F Did we sneak out or did they know you left?
Speaker 2: I snacked out?
Speaker 16: This is my excuse, Jason Lauren.
Speaker 4: He told the person, well, because he was quite well dressed for Sunday morning, like he wasn't in his leisure where like most people, he was in like a proper dress shirt.
Speaker 5: So he'd done the clubs, met someone in the club, went home, and then Commando rolled out, told.
Speaker 3: Them I have to leave because Jason Laurren are down at South Melbourne Markets. We were the cover story. And he asked for a photo that he could text the girl to show how I wasn't lying.
Speaker 5: Did he say he wanted to get out of there or you wanted to meet you?
Speaker 3: That's my question. What's your ruling on a I'm staying over on a one night stand? Do you stay your No? Really? Are you leave?
Speaker 6: It's been a minute since I've had a one night you are?
Speaker 5: I was going to say he's a bad expression, but you're out of there?
Speaker 3: Really?
Speaker 6: Don't you like the cuddles? I'm getting itchy talking about this, thinking about.
Speaker 3: You will leave every time?
Speaker 6: Do you like being big spoon?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: Especially Clint would leave me socks on?
Speaker 3: Just so.
Speaker 5: If it's like morning morning and you have to go, would you like me to nip down and get a coffee?
Speaker 3: Like that's the worst?
Speaker 4: Oh, that's not a one night you're saying for breakfast, you might as well stay for lunch.
Speaker 3: Now how often you're going and getting coffees? Clint? It's been a while, Jason. See my rule is if.
Speaker 6: How do you get back in when you get a coffee? Do you have to ring the door back?
Speaker 3: Exactly to me? Just take my keys.
Speaker 4: And then you're standing there like Enuffy, trying every k at the door because you don't know which one it is.
Speaker 6: Just leave the door open, let the dog run away.
Speaker 3: I would get them to spend the night if they came back to mine.
Speaker 6: If I can't even think about you.
Speaker 3: If I went to there, if I went to theres, I'd be out of there because I don't know what I'm waking up to.
Speaker 6: Oh yeah, you don't want to live with their parents.
Speaker 1: But like flatmates, I think, what about imagine what about when you are breakfast? When you are hang on, sorry, what what did you just say?
Speaker 6: I said, I once stayed at a friend's house.
Speaker 3: Well no, no, no, what did you just say?
Speaker 4: And I woke up and his parents were there and we all had breakfast.
Speaker 3: Oh wow, oh wow.
Speaker 4: Well I knew him from a long time ago. He'd moved overseas and he'd come back temporarily, Like was it.
Speaker 5: A bowl of nutri grain or did you go down to get some hash browns?
Speaker 3: Go to the coffee.
Speaker 4: I just had a coffee and then was like, you got I think he took me home?
Speaker 6: What a gentleman. Okay, that's enough, it's it's it was very very rare for me to do.
Speaker 3: What a ba.
Speaker 6: And we knew each other.
Speaker 5: When you get up in the middle of the night and you're at in foreign territory and you've got to try and find the toilet, where is it you got to waken? Excuse me?
Speaker 4: Sorry, I know I wouldn't hold on until I got home. Thirteen ask when you can't find something.
Speaker 6: Hang on like a glass of water with my shoes and I want to come at its dark?
Speaker 2: Can't borrow your charge? Shit, I need you charge you?
Speaker 6: People leave things all the time? Can I borrow you? I need a book, an uber. My phone's out of battery and.
Speaker 3: Then you plug it in. You gotta wait for it to charge flashes up lifetime that little apple there, it is quick. No.
Speaker 4: I've had girl friends leave things at people's houses and they're like, I've got a call. I've got to go back over there and get my whatever they've left. I'm like, no, that's theirs. Now, you can't go back unless unless you're planning on making it a two nightstand?
Speaker 3: Got on purposely leave stuff in the hope of a Corbeck.
Speaker 6: We know when you leave things deliberately.
Speaker 3: Also thirteen twenty four ten. What's the ruling on a one night stand? Do you stay or do you leave? And maybe you're talking from past experience, it was a bloody awkward ending for you. Thirteen twenty four ten, what's the ruling on a one night stand? Do you stay your leave?
Speaker 5: Would you feel more comfortable wearing the white shirts or the blue shirts?
Speaker 3: Home? Are away? I want it at home. I don't like surprise, So how do you get rid of Well?
Speaker 6: Yeah, because also you just don't know their facilities.
Speaker 3: That's and I don't know who else is there. I don't want to meet a flat mate.
Speaker 6: Where were these sheets last?
Speaker 4: I know that my house is clean. I don't know what else has happened in someone else has happened. I've been your housemates many times when my housemates have had one night stands, and I've been up in the morning and I'm like, morning.
Speaker 3: That's meeting her in the morning. I lo I once the one time I spent a night at an away game, Yes, one time, white shirts. I wake up the next morning. What she asked me to help build an Ikea cabinet before I went home?
Speaker 4: Oh my god, I mean it's cheaper than an air tusking. That was her game plan all along.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten. Sleep with you, well, they are a bitch to build those things. Thirteen twenty four ten. Where do you sit on a one night stand? Do you play away or home? Do you have to leave or can you stay? Give us a call. We are talking one night stands. Do you stay or do you go?
Speaker 4: We are currently sleepoverall what do you mean, just like after sneak out in the middle of the night.
Speaker 3: Yeah, after the game, do you go? Look, thanks for having me. I got a good game. Our executive producer The Thumb was asked to leave straight after the match.
Speaker 4: He was telling me just before Oh no, what someone said, Okay, I'm done with you now.
Speaker 3: They said, hey, my parents will be up soon.
Speaker 4: Oh.
Speaker 6: They went back to mom and dad's.
Speaker 3: Sir, can you I don't think.
Speaker 6: I would be having a one night stand at my parents' house. I just don't think I can.
Speaker 3: I think this was like a granny flat situation. So it was removed. But they had to go. Okay, but they had to go through the house to leave.
Speaker 5: Nope, yeah, tiptoeing through the house.
Speaker 4: No way with dad coming down the stairs. No thanks, thinking you're a home intruder.
Speaker 3: This this all came about because we're currently doing our say hey twin ten k, where we're going out shaking hands and meeting people and offloading money. There's a bloke at met us at South Melbourne Markets on Saturday morning that said, Hey, I've come down to get a photo with you guys, because I've used you as the excuse to get out of a one night stands because.
Speaker 4: You said to him he was very well dressed to be at the South Melbourne Market because he's in like a proper dress shirt and he's just nice.
Speaker 5: Just for clarity, he'd had the one night's had the one night stand to get out of the sort of the morning after.
Speaker 3: Stuff and hey, I've got to get meet a case in the.
Speaker 6: Awkward chat when she said, do you want to go for breakfast?
Speaker 3: Than you got a road in Cranbourne? Good morning mate, one night stand? Do you stay or leave?
Speaker 17: Morning? Guys, I want to stand you leave foine day following day? Yeah, in the morning.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so he stayed for the cute.
Speaker 17: Yeah, leave and puddle and as early as possible in the morning. You don't want to interact with the family, No.
Speaker 3: That's.
Speaker 6: You definitely don't want to interact with the family.
Speaker 3: How'd you last one go?
Speaker 17: Wasn't the best one? So pretty much after the clubbing, we decided to go back to her house. We did everything and too drunk to go anywhere okay, if I just stay the night, He goes, yeah, just in the morning.
Speaker 18: Leave.
Speaker 17: I'm not beautiful. I woke up six thirty in the morning. I look, hey, I'm going to go going now? Yeah, I'm is your family?
Speaker 3: Wait?
Speaker 17: She goes, no, no, no Sunday and no one's wait as I'm walking down stairs and mom was in the kitchen.
Speaker 6: How was the conversation with mom? Did she know you were there?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 17: She goes, oh, are you Laura's a new boyfriend.
Speaker 3: I'm like, whoa, no.
Speaker 4: Just say yes, yes, I am, yes, thanks, Yes, I am nice to meet you.
Speaker 6: I'll see your Christmas.
Speaker 3: But also sorry, I would like an escort out of the house.
Speaker 4: And yes yeah, because then you've got to do the weird kiss goodbye or in front of mum No, no, yeah, and brush your teeth and then you're standing awkwardly at the front gate not the love of your life, thinking.
Speaker 3: I've got a shocking kiss goodbye moment which will get to a sex first though. This one's horrific.
Speaker 4: Sad from Packingham, Good morning, good morning, what happened to you?
Speaker 12: So I actually met my partner via that situation?
Speaker 3: Oh great?
Speaker 12: He went to leave in the morning and ubers were searched by ten and I was like, oh, I wouldn't pay that. You can stay for brecky until it.
Speaker 6: Goes down, and then you stayed together.
Speaker 19: Yeah. Yeah, we're still together now.
Speaker 12: I've been together five years.
Speaker 3: So thanks to an uber search, you found the love of your life.
Speaker 6: Yep, a tight ass.
Speaker 3: He didn't want to Lauren would have bought chares in the company to get out of there. I should have brought him a car. Justin on thirteen twenty four ten one night stands, Where do you sit?
Speaker 5: Hey?
Speaker 3: Hey, So my.
Speaker 5: Usual and gay was I would always speak out the night.
Speaker 12: But the last one night I had with a very light sleeper.
Speaker 13: I've got caught, got made to day of the night. We had breakfast, and now ten years later we're married and brought house.
Speaker 6: Oh my gosh, she was a Stage five cling up.
Speaker 3: Congratulations to be made to stay there. You fell into that track, Justin.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'm still dury, still out if I'm going to figure a out for too long. But just jod, how long have you been together? Okay, how long have you been together?
Speaker 3: Ten years?
Speaker 6: Well done? Yeah, it's it's I don't know.
Speaker 4: One night stands freaked me out. People doing them like back to back weekends. Is it like one after another after another?
Speaker 5: Well not everyone, Lauren. I think it depends where you're going as well.
Speaker 3: People try to do it back.
Speaker 4: The question do you know going into the first kiss that it's going to be one night stand?
Speaker 6: Or do you like or just you know?
Speaker 5: I really like?
Speaker 3: You know, It depends on it. It depends on the establishment. Oh yeah, you've got you've got a story. I offered to drop a girl home the next morning.
Speaker 6: Well that's very nice of you, but it's so awkward.
Speaker 3: But then, as we were driving along, she started to remove her shoe in a panic, and I'm like, what's going on here? Just as we're pulling into a.
Speaker 6: Street taking her shoes off?
Speaker 3: Ye, and then she don't what happens?
Speaker 6: What's wrong with her feet?
Speaker 3: She then took her sock off and vomited into it just as we were pulling into the driveway.
Speaker 6: Well, that's one way to get out of kissing you.
Speaker 5: And then she didn't don't tell me she went in, but she she.
Speaker 3: Was holding the sock in her.
Speaker 6: Left hand like an aeroplane.
Speaker 3: Yes, yep, and leaned over the senteconsole to say, well, thanks for the left home. Did she sock or she was a full sportsp It doesn't matter how get anything to get out a passionate kiss.
Speaker 6: Just you kiss her after she's spewed in a sock on.
Speaker 3: I was like, thanks again.
Speaker 2: The car did it last with vomiteds No?
Speaker 3: No, we didn't see each is your wife? Good morning Melbourne? Yet what a day for it. Imagine that you're driving into work out here we go about to start another week, and then you find out later on today you've won a first class trip overseas and fifty thousand dollars. Friend as well, that would be that Novah's first class in fifty k Today is the day.
Speaker 6: Would drive straight to the airport and say can I get on my plane now?
Speaker 3: Absolutely?
Speaker 4: And I would come back when I had spent all fifty thousand of those dollars.
Speaker 3: I would beg for that little announcement where they go, traffic control has slowed us down. Unfortunately, we're going to have to just do a couple of UIs up.
Speaker 4: Just sit in the first class seat. I thing, I'll have another champagne please mate.
Speaker 3: I would be like, just keep up in the air until the plane runs out of fuel. Yeah, well you just a little bit of fuel left in just enough. We're running on fumes. All right, get on the air today here at Nova you go on the running for first class at fifty k. Today is your final chance, Melbourne. We've got a huge hour on the way. We're going to be catching up with Mason Cox a little bit later on. Huge win for the Cats on the weekend? Is that seven in a row? Now? Yeah? Yes, go Cat They are killing it. But apart from the footy, live music is on fire here in Melbourne and Friday night was another sellout Crown at the Corner Hotel.
Speaker 4: And the Corner Hotel is one of the best like live music spots in Melbourne. And I'm so excited about our next guest. She's my girl crush at the moment. She is an absolute beauty. If you haven't heard her album, you must. Her name is Keeter Alexander.
Speaker 3: All right, let's catch up with us introducing our next guest.
Speaker 14: She's an Aussie singer songwriter who is founded by Fisher when he went fishing for some new hooks. Bok was so good that their debuted their Collaba.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Up and coming superstar Kat Alexander.
Speaker 3: She joins us. Now, Kata, good morning, Holy morning.
Speaker 9: How are you.
Speaker 6: I'm so excited to have you in Melbourne.
Speaker 4: Now Kata's a girlfriend of mine, but also I'm a huge fan of Keata's music. I mean, when you listen to this album, you cannot turn it off. Congratulations, it's Laura in the oldest person at the show. No, congrats on the album release. How are you feeling about it all? You're just coming off the back I got sold our first tour.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it's been amazing. I honestly couldn't have asked for a better lead into the album and then you know, immediate post album kind of tour and everything. So it's been really fun. It's been I didn't realize how much effort went into everything around an album released because I've only ever done any peas. But it's been fun and it's been exhausting at the same time, but like I'm embracing it and just having the best time.
Speaker 6: Ever, you know, just living the dream for you.
Speaker 9: Yeah, it is like I've got two kids at home and a husband at home, and I'm like out here being a popstar. So that's fun.
Speaker 3: That's what I was going to say. It's like, at twenty six, we really needed to get our life in the last. At twenty six married two young kids, album and a tour like you are killing it man.
Speaker 7: Thank you, thank you.
Speaker 9: It feels really awesome. It feels like in my soul, it feels.
Speaker 3: Right, absolutely, how do you juggle it all?
Speaker 8: I've got help, We've got help.
Speaker 9: I couldn't do it without Owen obviously retiring from his tour, right, but.
Speaker 3: This is your husband and what's his bud, so.
Speaker 6: Owen writes, one of Australia's best ever surfers. So he you. I mean, you spent years on the tour. Yeah, and now it's his turn to support you on Yeah.
Speaker 9: When we met, before we even had kids, I was like, hmmm, do I want to be like playing late night shows and having like a party life salad. I want to be waking up early and like seeing beautiful parts of the world. So we kind of pivoted to his tour. We felt ignant quite early on, but I mean that was kind of the adjustment of going, no, that's a healthier lifestyle than he retired, and I was like, all right, let's have fun.
Speaker 4: You always wanted to be a singer and a performer, but you put all of that on hold to support him and.
Speaker 6: To be an arm.
Speaker 9: Yeah, when I met him, I was releasing music and he knew who I was and I knew who he was. But yeah, I did put it on hold, and I was still releasing music. I just wasn't touring and I wasn't doing this. I wasn't doing promo.
Speaker 3: It was just.
Speaker 4: But now it's your turn to shine. I love it when, like, right, Dad, you're the parent my time now. And can I just say when Owen's at a.
Speaker 6: Show where he's tall, he's built like a surfer.
Speaker 4: He's tall, and he's lane and he stands hidden shoulders above everyone else and the biggest smile you've ever seen. You've never seen a prouder husband. Do you see when you're on stage?
Speaker 9: No, I have like so my best, Like we've got a mic on stage that not the crowd can hear, but like my guitarist would like look at.
Speaker 2: It and look at it, and I'm like I can't. He's so like in my face that.
Speaker 3: The chair look at it.
Speaker 5: It's so funny.
Speaker 4: We all went to Taylor Swift together and I gave Olwens some my love heart sung glasses, thinking that he'd.
Speaker 6: Just posed for a photo in them, and you know, get rid of them. He wore them all night.
Speaker 3: Take them off and they're the ones you bought in bulk.
Speaker 6: Pull them out all specially.
Speaker 8: Did we give him back?
Speaker 3: She doesn't need to, she had. She was just trying to buy like one set for herself. She's like Amazona dow only do a pack of chipe.
Speaker 4: People who might not have heard the album yet, I would dare say they've heard your collaboration with Fisher because that just took you to another level atmosphere.
Speaker 6: How did that come about?
Speaker 9: Well, we're friends with Fish.
Speaker 8: He used to be a surfer.
Speaker 9: Owen's been telling him for a while, like you should work with my wife, and as a friend would do and say yeah, sure. But we went out to dinner with a friend's birthday dinner and I was like, please send me some tracks, like you know, we're friends, but just send them to me. I feel like I could do something really great. I had them for a couple of weeks. I got like eight and I wrote to four and I sent them off to him and I said, you know.
Speaker 8: I tried to do the typical Fish.
Speaker 9: That he would like, and then I did what I would do, and that was Atmosphere and he loved it, and obviously our mutual friends are obsessed, really all heard it.
Speaker 8: Yeah.
Speaker 6: Well then he debuted at Coachella.
Speaker 4: Yeah, in front of like hundreds of thousands of people pretty much. Yeah, and his friends we like, I remember seeing your video because you were what you were there. But she was watching the live stream of him playing and she was like, oh my god, he's playing my song.
Speaker 6: He's playing my song.
Speaker 9: He takes me your heads up, right, He said, I want to play it? Can you write a second verse? And I was like, sure, I'll quickly run and write you a second verse, not really thinking he'd played at Coachella and he was three quarters of the way through the set, and I was like, oh, it's not happening. If you're going to play a new song, you're not going to play it at the banger's section of you yeah yeah set, And he played it and I was like, I was genuinely shocked.
Speaker 6: Oh my god.
Speaker 3: Were there any other mums at school having their songs played?
Speaker 18: No?
Speaker 4: Yeah, he congratulations. As friends, we're all so proud of you. Watching you hustle is amazing, so good on you. I'm glad you're selling out tours, selling out Merged.
Speaker 6: We love the album. Congratulations, thanks guy.
Speaker 3: It's and Kilda looking a little bit crispy this morning to see someone a little the palm trees on.
Speaker 6: Fire last Yeah, they're not exactly sure what happened?
Speaker 3: Could you do? Beautiful along there.
Speaker 6: Where all the very expensive boats are.
Speaker 3: It was down there, I mean if it was further down, you'd be like, were the rich people baiting the trees?
Speaker 6: Yes? No, they're not blocking the view. It was the part.
Speaker 4: It was those beautiful palm trees that have been there forever, and that's ridiculous down on the near the marina.
Speaker 5: There till your friends turned first responders Adam and Simon from goggle Box. Really they were down there videoing it.
Speaker 6: The first responders or they I saw them putting it on Instagram.
Speaker 3: They might have been doing your drift by Matt did make it out, putting them out with their colors in the ocean water. So on Saturday night, I won't say where, we had a bit. We went out on.
Speaker 6: Date nut for I know where you went.
Speaker 3: Our twelve year wedding anniversary. Good choice food was amazing Louis and I got dressed up. The mother in law she came, No, no, no, she was in town. She looked after the kids.
Speaker 6: Is Wendy moving in? She's been for you for quite some time.
Speaker 3: No, the mother in law is not moving. She's actually flying out as we speak. There's no delays at the app today. I don't believe so jays Thank God. So she's airborne leaving Melbourne as we speak.
Speaker 6: But she put her on the first fight like the six am see.
Speaker 3: So Saturday night, Louis and I went out to celebrate our twelfth year wedding anniversary. God gratulation, she gave me. My gift was she gave me a bottle of wine for every year that I remembered our anniversary.
Speaker 6: So what did you get?
Speaker 3: I've got four bottles out of the twelve.
Speaker 6: I mean that's a quarter.
Speaker 2: Not bad, thank you.
Speaker 6: She could have bought your box though.
Speaker 4: Now, last week you turned up on Friday Thursday with flowers and a whole song and dance and you got the day wrong early.
Speaker 6: So did you have to get another present for the correct No?
Speaker 3: I didn't. We were pretty cash about it when we went to dinner though, LOLU thinks I'm high maintenance. I don't think I am. Oh. Oh, we're on the web.
Speaker 6: That makes three of us, doesn't it clip?
Speaker 5: When it comes to a menu, you are high maintenance.
Speaker 3: Well, I looked at the menu before we got there, because I'm quite No, he.
Speaker 4: Didn't look at the menu before he went there. He made me, because I've been to this restaurant before. He made me sit with him and break down every single item on the menu, including the snack bites.
Speaker 3: I get social ink back, but I get menu anxiety. I'm quite fussy with food, so I'm just like, I don't want any surprises. Anyway, we got there, beautiful restaurant.
Speaker 6: Call it menu anxiety.
Speaker 3: The waiter was fantastic, a beautiful night. Lou looked amazing. And then she goes, have you had a great evening? And I said yeah. And it goes when you come back and I'm like, I didn't like the chairs. He said this to the waiter. No, no, no, just to my wife.
Speaker 6: You said it to me too. Yeah, I've got the feedback about the chairs.
Speaker 3: The chairs in the rest too hard. Beautiful restaurant, amazing view food court chairs now plastic wooden chair like not comfortable.
Speaker 4: Now I don't think you're alone in this, because when Jace told me, I was like, oh my Paul. He's a chairman. He likes he is fussy about chairs at table. And we've walked into restaurants before and he is like, hell no and done ay you turn and walk straight back out. He's like, these chairs are no good.
Speaker 3: My other one is lighting. I don't like a bright restaurant.
Speaker 4: You don't want to be under a down light. No, No, especially not on your anniversary when.
Speaker 3: I need lighting on my mind.
Speaker 4: Your wife, how much she loves you, exactly, don't put me in a down light. Don't put the big boy in a down line.
Speaker 3: No. I like a dimly lit restaurant. A candle who's this silhouette I'm married to? I want my wife thinking.
Speaker 6: You want soft lighting?
Speaker 4: Yes, I forgot how handsome you were in the very dark soft candle light.
Speaker 6: But chairs are a big thing. I know what you mean. They're like the bent wood chairs, like those wooden Yes.
Speaker 3: Does Paul fit on them? Yeah, because he's quite a stocking.
Speaker 6: He's broad. It's probably a nice way to put it.
Speaker 4: But we I told you, we've just bought a new dining room table and I had these beautiful chairs. You go, and I said to him, before I pay the deposit on these chairs, come and do a sit test. He said no, yeah, and then we had to go and get different chairs.
Speaker 3: Beautiful restaurant. I don't know if I'd go back, but I'd probably take my own chair.
Speaker 4: Do they have Oh my god, imagine Jason turning up to dinner with one of those inflatable donuts to sit on, like he's just had an operation.
Speaker 3: Or like a cab driver getting out the beaded seat coverup and putting it down bow suit ball like the pregnancy ball.
Speaker 4: Yes, taking your own cushion to a restaurant' that's.
Speaker 6: You take your own pillow when you fly.
Speaker 3: No, but you know what I did the other way.
Speaker 6: I could see you with your own pillow a fly to Sitney.
Speaker 3: I took my kids to the movies the other day and we packed a blanket, a blanky like like a.
Speaker 6: Nice weted blanket, like.
Speaker 3: A nice blanket in my kid's backpack. So we got in there and we folded out the blanket, laid back in the chairs.
Speaker 6: The three of you.
Speaker 3: Oh that's sad.
Speaker 6: What sort of blanket? What sort of blanket? And was it for you or the children?
Speaker 3: No, it was more for the kids. But I was like, oh, you know, Chuck.
Speaker 6: Was it fluffy?
Speaker 3: Yeah?
Speaker 6: It was like a like you took a fluffy blanket.
Speaker 3: Like what you would throw over yourself if you're watching a movie at home, at home, at home.
Speaker 6: Jas, did you wear your pajamas?
Speaker 3: No? No, we chucked it in the backpack. We only pulled it out when the lights went down and then when I could see the credits come and I started packing up the blanket. Am I weird?
Speaker 6: Might as well take three sleeping bags next time.
Speaker 3: Jason Lauren, Well, good morning Albourne. Yes, Over the last week, Lauren, myself and Clint have been getting out and about every day right across this fine city, all different parts, meeting as many of you as we can. In return, all you have to do is say hey, and you could win ten k. Every hundredth person we shake hands with wins one hundred bucks. Every thousandth person wins a grand and we are getting so close to the ten thousandth person and they will pocket ten thousand dollars. I actually thought it was going to go off yesterday and.
Speaker 4: Franks, I know, so did I. We've met so many people. I can't believe we're not at ten thousand yet it must be coming up.
Speaker 3: We should point out we don't know the official number.
Speaker 4: No, because Jase can't count and I can't be trusted.
Speaker 3: Yep, so together we're a mess.
Speaker 4: We have an official counter clicker, yes, yeah, who doesn't.
Speaker 6: A few people have messaged me saying how do you keep counter? So well, we don't.
Speaker 3: No, No, wee this guy who mansa door a ReBs and he's got his little clicker and so so every time we shake hands and say hey to someone, they click away and then they just grab us and go. That was a thousand. Yes, now we've offloaded thousands of dollars. We are getting close to the ten k one. Today. We are back on the streets. Was where are we heading?
Speaker 6: We are heading to north.
Speaker 4: We're going north, so we'll be right near the corner of High Street and Separation Street.
Speaker 6: It's just sort of near North Kirk Plaza.
Speaker 4: Also shout out to North kot Plaza official on Instagram, one of the great Instagram pages to follow.
Speaker 3: Have you seen that?
Speaker 6: But it's just.
Speaker 2: Yeah, absolutely those ones.
Speaker 6: Yeah, so there's North cit Central.
Speaker 4: There are lots of different restaurants, cafes. There's some decent parking around there too, So come down, say hey, knowing yourself some cash.
Speaker 3: Tell the posts, what are they done? Incredible?
Speaker 6: North kitt Plaza official.
Speaker 3: Well there's the photo of the public toilet the amenities. Yep, that has two pregnancy test sitting on the floor.
Speaker 5: Oh nice, Okay.
Speaker 4: The best is the toaster plugged into the wall, just on the floor with the tub of ntella.
Speaker 6: Someone was hungry. They want to eat communal toast.
Speaker 3: All the facilities, it's.
Speaker 4: Definitely worth having. I think sadly, time to eat us closed down. It's spelled t h y me time to eat. I think that's closed down at North kot Plaza.
Speaker 6: No, look, but we will be just in that little area around there. You'll see us. We'll have a lot of super and overs down there. Come and say hey, twelve o'clock till one o'clock lunch.
Speaker 3: That is the one hour window, and today could be the day that ten thousand dollars goes off. So come down, say hey, shake our hands and you can be walking away with ten thousand dollars. Twelve o'clock today is when it is happening. Let's do it Hey, coming up next, guys, Melbourne Whispers. If you are sitting on a rumor here in Melbourne, thirteen twenty four to ten is our number.
Speaker 6: I've got a good one, so do I.
Speaker 5: I've got details of a simmering TV feud.
Speaker 3: Oh, speaking of whispers, there is something from our past coming back here in Melbourne that we are going to love. You'll hear about it in our Melbourne Whispers. Coming up next, coming up after eight o'clock this morning, we are talking footy. Mason Cox will be in the house. I'd like his opinion on the old extra time after the Enxact day match. Yeah, there's a few Collingwood supporters we met at Frankston yesterday that we're all up for just an next five minutes.
Speaker 5: He's an American though, he's going to want extra time.
Speaker 6: Well, don't put words in his mouth.
Speaker 4: I think I don't know many footballers who have played in a draw in a huge game like that that wouldn't say we'd love a result though.
Speaker 3: All right, Coxy joining us after eight this morning. Hey, how you doing, my mama? Let me whisper?
Speaker 5: Yeah, these I'll let you my lady.
Speaker 3: Melbourne Whispers. Are you sitting on a cracking rumor something going down in Melbourne that you know about that most of us won't give us a call. Thirteen twenty four to ten. You can remain completely anonymous. Melbourne Whispers. What do we heard this week?
Speaker 15: Well?
Speaker 4: I heard a good one, not confirmed, but I had a whole bunch of friends that went to live golf in Adelaide on the weekend that said it was amazing. Apparently twenty twenty seven live golf in Melbourne because the President's Cup is in Melbourne in twenty twenty eight. It is coming to Melbourne. That's obviously every second year. If you're a golf fan, you would know that. And live golf which look amazing in Adelaide twenty twenty seven.
Speaker 6: Here in Melbourne is the rumor.
Speaker 5: Jeez, because I mean Adelaide does it very well. They'd be very unhappy to lose it.
Speaker 3: Sorry, I producer the thumb.
Speaker 11: Yes, I have a friend that works at Golf Australia and I can confirm that Melbourne r putting in a bid for live golf.
Speaker 6: How good would it be?
Speaker 4: It looked amazing. I'm not even into golf and I wanted to be there.
Speaker 3: I know I was hoping for a holing one on the party high.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I know it happened. Did it happen last year?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Last year happened and the place went off.
Speaker 6: So Paul, my fiance, was there, and I said, how was the party hole? All the other holes quiet? And he was like, oh no, it's like a party at every hole. It's like extra party.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Jesus, that's a lot. Hey, I like something out of Anchorman. There's you know, when the warring TV stations come together.
Speaker 6: Morning Wars is one of the greatest shows of all time.
Speaker 5: There's a little would I say it's a feud. There's something bubbling below the surface when it comes to TV news and two very very prominent sports presenters.
Speaker 6: And it's not me Tony Jones.
Speaker 5: And and Arrival at Channel seven.
Speaker 3: Who's it?
Speaker 6: I don't even I only watch nine News.
Speaker 3: Who's that lady? I love? Oh no, no, no, no, no, no, no no no. He used to play.
Speaker 5: He used to play, He used to play fort He used to play for the Essenon Football Club.
Speaker 6: B t Tim Tim Tim Tim Watson.
Speaker 3: So basically my money's on TJ. He'd fry dirty, he would scratch with t J.
Speaker 18: He's good at it basically look from what I from what I can ascertain, they were at the footy doing the news and TJ so I just took taking the piece a little bit.
Speaker 5: He asked him for a selfie and look, I I'm no lip breader. But the people I'm gathering this intel from suggest that the words that came out of Tim Watson's mouth they it wasn't no sorry, TJ. It was oh so no photo for him, No photo, no photo.
Speaker 6: Tim Ortson didn't like it. And are they actually feuding?
Speaker 3: I reckon, it's a few times.
Speaker 6: Should we put them in a boxing ring?
Speaker 4: You know how the AFL players went to gather around, Yes, and they did the boxing Yes, TJV team.
Speaker 3: And then what Chuck Clinton against Jane bumb Now Jane Bunch, she would clean the floor with you.
Speaker 4: Jane barn No, you're that there were the people you need to go against another sports You could be the ring girl holdings.
Speaker 6: I'm in that feud.
Speaker 3: All right, We've got more coming in thirteen twenty four ten. If you're sitting on a room here in Melbourne, Melbourne whispers, just quickly, what's something from the past that is back here in Melbourne?
Speaker 11: This actually happened to my mum, and so she was. She lives in Basid and a bayside girl through and through. And she went to like a local family owned petrol station and she had to fill up. And as she went to fill up, the attendant came out and said, I'll do that for you. So she sat in the car while he attendant filled up her car for her.
Speaker 6: I would drive bayside to do that.
Speaker 3: Where is it?
Speaker 11: I believe it's in McKinnon somewhere.
Speaker 3: So on old school petrol station you don't have to get out of the car anymore.
Speaker 6: There was one in glem Waverley that used to do that and they don't do it anymore. Bring it back, I say, let's.
Speaker 3: Go to the phone. Thirteen twenty four ten. If you are sitting on a rumor.
Speaker 4: Simon from caram Down's good morning, have you got a rumor about this great city of ours?
Speaker 13: Good morning?
Speaker 7: I do.
Speaker 13: I have a mate who works in the live entertainment industry. He works with some of the big event promoters. He told me that Justin Bieber is planning a runner concerts in Australia, either like next year or the year after.
Speaker 3: So Baber's the next big app.
Speaker 6: It is weird how they announced them like two years in advance.
Speaker 3: Well, they've got to book the venues. Also, you've seen flights at the moment, the minute you had baggage on and everything. It's quite expensive.
Speaker 5: Those drum kits will cost you. Yeah, but am I right or wrong? Bieber was meant to come here but had to cancel.
Speaker 3: Them because he got crook.
Speaker 6: You got the bells?
Speaker 3: Pause?
Speaker 5: It's right, he did too. Well, that'd be a good scene back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: He's been posting some very strange things on social media recently, putting up like just with no context of just tears like streaming down his face.
Speaker 6: There's been some concern about.
Speaker 3: Little for Help maybe Amanda in Bowie, what do you got for us?
Speaker 12: The current US version of The Bachelor is being filmed in Melbourne.
Speaker 3: The US one, the US version.
Speaker 9: Really we're about a different location, but they have been.
Speaker 19: Cited out in Werriby.
Speaker 6: Oh is this the or that's the ridge plant? Because we wouldn't want to show that off.
Speaker 3: Not the silver spom what do they call that?
Speaker 4: Old?
Speaker 3: They're doing an old version in the in the US Silver that's the one Yeah, where it's like, yeah, where it's like a seventy or not seventy, probably fifty sixty year olds. Yeah, Bachelor, Oh, that's I like that. I would watch that older.
Speaker 4: I always like the older couples on maths, So I would like yes, and if your leaves you, they still hope for you.
Speaker 3: Jason, thank you. Lauren.
Speaker 4: Yeah, the ginger fox, the ginger rodents. Oh, the ginger rat doesn't have the same ring the fox, does it? Maybe there didn't you one of your friends live in one of the Bachelor mounsimons or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, one of the houses got rented for the next one. Was it the same afterwards? No, it wasn't been a bit to a blue light on in there. Hey, it's coming up to eight o'clock. If you are sitting on a rumor here in Melbourne, you want to be a part of Melbourn Whispers. Thirteen twenty fourteen is our number.
Speaker 6: Huge week on our show This week, I know mum.
Speaker 3: It is off to the Mum of the show. Lauren is off to Sydney later in the week to catch up with Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 4: Yes, Hemsy's coming on our show this week. I'm excited, but it's weird because next neighbor. Well, no, he wasn't our neighbor, but like he's a very good friend of ours. And it's a weird one because jac and I interviewing him.
Speaker 6: But I don't know how.
Speaker 4: To be serious with my friends. I don't know if I'm going to be able to interview him. I feel weird about it.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, you'll be awkward as hell, and I'll be able to get the dirt or what it was like. That's your responsibility, right, absolutely, Hey, Chris, when she comes over, does she bring a box of favorites? Chris?
Speaker 2: Does she do?
Speaker 3: You? Do you have to give her a hint to leave?
Speaker 18: Oh?
Speaker 3: She she'd stay. Question? Yeah, on the nights you've had over it his place? Does he ever? This is what my wife does. I'm going to bed to let yourself out. Ah, have you ever stayed past the host?
Speaker 14: No?
Speaker 6: No, Elsa does that?
Speaker 3: Yeah? Right, yeah, but no, he's not.
Speaker 4: He's not meal still there. I don't think i'd stay. If they both went to bed, I've probably done it though, I've probably stayed there.
Speaker 3: Buck yourself on the couch. I reckon he comes out morning, I'm still here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we're going up to Sydney So's movie. Yes, Mad Max, I'm really excited about this. Actually, have you watched any of the Mad.
Speaker 3: No, I never have. I wasn't a Mad Max going.
Speaker 6: They're pretty like full on cars, motorbikes.
Speaker 4: So this is Mad Max Furio. So have you seen what he looks like in it? No, like, there's no doubt. Chris is a very handsome man. His hair and makeup team make him look nothing like himself. It's it's pretty amazing. He's got a prosthetic nose.
Speaker 6: I know it.
Speaker 4: Looks more like a right, you're like, just a look, way's teeth in it he's got. Yeah, they make this a very attractive man look no so attractive. But it's premiering in Sydney on Thursday night, so we're going along to the opening night, which will be fun.
Speaker 6: Question Fan's going.
Speaker 3: Question, you guys all go together to support him? Right?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: Do you stay and watch the movie or after he does the intro at the front do you sneak out when the lights go dim? So sort of imagine being the actual movie start.
Speaker 6: You'd be like, God, I've seen it so many times and I've got.
Speaker 3: To watch it now with people, and people are going to feel.
Speaker 4: I will stay and watch, We'll stay watch. But the Fair family's in it. His dad, Craig's in it. Craig makes an appearance. The family, Yeah, some of them. Elsa's in it. It's it's a very family affair, this one. So I'm looking for I'm most excited to see them.
Speaker 3: You should do it.
Speaker 6: His dad's a ripper.
Speaker 5: You should do an awkward fox pop after the movie and then whenever on streams out of the.
Speaker 3: Theater and they grabbed What did you think? What did you think? Oh?
Speaker 2: It was wonderful.
Speaker 3: I love the transformation of Chris.
Speaker 6: Who do you want me to ask?
Speaker 15: No?
Speaker 3: Do it with Chris?
Speaker 4: John asked his parents for a really honest review. Leon and Craig. They'll tell us exactly what they read.
Speaker 3: I could probably be like, showe my son.
Speaker 4: Well, Craig loves motorbike, so there's I think he's like fanging on some motorbike in it.
Speaker 6: Cool in it. Yeah, it's awesome. I think the kids might even do a little cameo.
Speaker 3: This feels like a tax right off.
Speaker 4: It was filmed just outside of Sydney, so if it was filmed in the south of France or something, Yeah.
Speaker 3: So when's the movie premiere? Thursday?
Speaker 6: Thursday night.
Speaker 4: We're going to chat to Chris on Wednesday, and then were reflect the film on There's I'm excited to have.
Speaker 6: On the show.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that'll be really cool. I'm excited to see what dirt we find out what it was like living down the road from you.
Speaker 4: I definitely stayed too long a few tieing tho.
Speaker 6: It's so weird interview.
Speaker 3: You overcompensate.
Speaker 6: I think I'll just leave it to you.
Speaker 3: Remember we had Matt Damon on the show, and you're like, Matt tell us about the new movie, and it's like, I'm not ringing about the new movie, you idiot, I'm ringing to hand crap on you.
Speaker 6: Yeah, what did he call for?
Speaker 3: We're talking about bad neighbors. He rang and said you were shocking to the.
Speaker 4: Next door two and then you just said I overstayed my welcome And that's not true because he's the one who always overstated is welcoming out?
Speaker 3: But she did. She rolled into Richard Wilkins mode. Matt told me about the new picture.
Speaker 6: I can it.
Speaker 4: I thought I had to get a plug in for something. He was like, no, loss, that's not.
Speaker 3: What I'm all right, Chris Emsworth going to be joining us on the show later this week here on novap All right, it is just gone ten past eight. Let's do it five k on the line. You want to play thirteen twenty four to ten one question five grand and we do it next. Here we go this morning. You can take an easy question for fifty bucks, you can take a medium question for five hundred, or you can roll the dice and go for five k. All right, we gave it away last week. Let's do it again this week, and let's go to the phone.
Speaker 6: All right, let's go to Jordan's and Kilda. Good morning, Jordan, Good morning guys. How are you Jordan? What do you do with yourself? Good?
Speaker 17: I'm going to associate financial advisor, but not advis yet.
Speaker 6: But you know what, have you seen today's five thousand dollar question?
Speaker 3: Jas?
Speaker 6: Yes, as a financial advisor?
Speaker 3: Oh, this question is right up your alley. And I was actually gonna say you sound like a financial advice You do, thanks, mane sound very responsible.
Speaker 6: How do you feel about avocado on toast? Jordan?
Speaker 4: We're still never going to buy houses if we keep eating avocados on toast.
Speaker 17: Yeah, it's expensive. Just by yourself.
Speaker 6: Here sounds justice the dollar fifty the other day.
Speaker 3: But you have these avocados. Yeah, they're great. Okay, gotta have a hash mate, Jordan. Here's the go easy question. Fifty bucks, medium, five hundred. Are you going to roll the dice and go for five k? What are we feeling? Yeah?
Speaker 16: Roll the dise.
Speaker 3: He's going the big one five thousand dollars. Here we go, five thousand dollars. Rules are simple, Lauren, will give you the question. You get three seconds to give us the answer.
Speaker 4: Jordan, this is good for five thousand dollars. What kind of flower was once used to make money?
Speaker 3: Three?
Speaker 13: Two one?
Speaker 19: You had no idea?
Speaker 4: I should have just had a guess. It's too late now, but just guess a flower, A type of flower?
Speaker 3: Any ideas, go.
Speaker 6: Have a guess of any type of flower? What would you have said, Davy?
Speaker 11: Ah?
Speaker 6: No, see that's you just got to be in it to win it, though. But it was a tulip.
Speaker 8: He needs to.
Speaker 6: Print money out on tulips back in the day.
Speaker 3: Apparently, Yep, you've seen Wolf of wall Street.
Speaker 5: They mentioned that, Yes, oh it's in the movie.
Speaker 3: Yes, they mentioned a lot of other things, but they do job. I missed the tulips.
Speaker 6: Yes, surprisingly, that was the one thing that stood out to you, Jess.
Speaker 3: Hey Jordan, thanks for giving it to crack mate. The five K Question returns this time tomorrow. Every day eight o'clock your chance to pick up a cheeky five K daisy. Yeah, I don't think it'd be a daisy. Hey, you coming up next?
Speaker 6: Sorry, it's a draw.
Speaker 4: It's a drown anata twenty nine years after the very first one, finished the exact same way.
Speaker 3: From the Mighty Pies. Mister Mason Cox is in the house semi fresh from a weekend at Live Golf. He joined us right after justin Timberlake here on number one hundred.
Speaker 8: What a game?
Speaker 3: Oh sorry, sorry sorry he was at Live Golf on the weekend.
Speaker 6: What a game, Mason.
Speaker 3: Mason Cox is in the house.
Speaker 4: On a Thursday and then getting to sneak off for the weekend.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it was really good.
Speaker 10: It was unique to get like two three days off in a row, and then it just married up perfect with Lift Golf.
Speaker 3: So it's over in Adelaide.
Speaker 6: First things first, Yeah, before we get to Live Golf extra time.
Speaker 3: Yeah, where do you sit on it? Because I can tell out it was an amazing game to watch. Sitting there with my son, I was right into it and That'sron goes and it just felt flat.
Speaker 10: Yes, it is a very weird feeling. But a lot of people have asked this over the last few days, and it's kind of a weird thing because then do you you'd have to do every game as extra time. I think everyone felt so flat because the anticipation to anticipation of Anzac Day, the build up and everything else to then not come out with the result that's either one way or the other.
Speaker 3: I think you should be playing extra time, even in a club match. Don't look at the old person in the corner like.
Speaker 5: This answer is surprising me and it's refreshing.
Speaker 3: I love you.
Speaker 10: I mean, I mean there and it's you know, two other teams playing on it Sunday afternoon wherever. It is, like, you know, I don't know many families are going to go, great, let's go another hour of this. But yeah, I mean, like I'd love to have an outcome that's one way or the other. I think everybody wanted that, probably, but it is one of those things you probably do, say for finals where it is a winner go home scenario.
Speaker 4: But they do it in finals, right obviously because someone has to go get through, So you have to do extra.
Speaker 6: Time during the season. Clinton, I don't mind it draw.
Speaker 4: You needs to get the two points, and that two points can sometimes be the difference between getting in a final and not getting in Collingwood.
Speaker 5: That no one wants a winner, really, I.
Speaker 6: Think you might feel differently if the days had to happen.
Speaker 5: Potentially, could I ask you one more about Thursday, Jamie Elliott.
Speaker 3: That mark of the year or is that mark of the year.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it might be mark of the century. That was That was just next level watching that live. I'm just sitting there going this sky is an absolute freak. You get used to those kind of with Jeremy Howe on the team, you know, But I feel like that one had a bit of extra spice on it and just hung up there for like an extra couple of seconds. And I always feel bad for the guy underneath them because usual it's a big fell So it was it was Mackay, yeah.
Speaker 6: Because I saw him.
Speaker 4: I think he posted the next morning he was having breakfast. It was on the front page, him getting like just stood on and he was like, not what you want to be looking at over breakfast.
Speaker 3: That's funny.
Speaker 4: It was an amazing game though I was there. It was the atmosphere and the MCG was quite extraordinary on Thursday, so well done.
Speaker 6: It was a huge game.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's it's it's a very special one to be a part of. And it's one of the lardest the MCG gets, you know, right after you do the minute of the silence and everyone screams and goes crazy and get the flyover and and all that. It's such a special event.
Speaker 4: Did the fly ever give you a fright? Because it gave Scott Pendlebury a fright?
Speaker 3: Did it?
Speaker 6: Yeah?
Speaker 3: God that I think he said he's from the US. Mate. Every game we do. Yeah, let's live golf, big weekend. It was a fun weekend. Yes, it was a very very good with Greg Norman.
Speaker 10: The first night there was a yeah opening kind of ceremony with everyone. Yeah, and feel the golfers and stuff, which was cool.
Speaker 4: Did you ask Greg Norman about that famous picture of him walking his dog on the beach.
Speaker 3: With his rigular Was it the he had the little normany? Yes, it wasn't a little it was let me go. It was a one would.
Speaker 6: Would Yeah, assume he didn't ask him about that photo.
Speaker 10: No, I didn't he I didn't actually get to a chance to have a chat with him too much. But he was at the game on Thursday, so he was he's at the game and.
Speaker 3: What and yeah, the great Norman that should be on a lead, not the dog.
Speaker 5: That is that is the great white shark right there.
Speaker 6: Did Greg Norman do a shoey?
Speaker 3: Yeah? I think he did yesterday.
Speaker 6: I want to say it's.
Speaker 3: Part of it. There's heaps of shoes going around, was there.
Speaker 10: Yeah, he was doing a shoees cam and the rest of the Australian boys they won it yesterday, so they're all doing shoes with the trophy on on stage, which is pretty cool. And it was just it was a it's a big weekend for Adelade right, it's.
Speaker 3: We're going to get it here in Melbourne.
Speaker 6: Really, we're stealing it from him, not till twenty twenty seven. That's what I.
Speaker 5: Either eat or version of it. Maybe they might go to one in Adelaide.
Speaker 3: One in Melbourne.
Speaker 5: You were a little bit taken aback by something that happened on the course.
Speaker 10: Or it was actually after on Friday night. It was a bit of a unique thing. I've only seen it once. I didn't really believe it, but then I saw it in public and I thought this, I guess it is an Australian staple.
Speaker 3: It's sort of like a it's a weird.
Speaker 5: It's become a tradition very quickly, and it was born out of something that happens at weddings when this song plays.
Speaker 6: I'm just about what's so weird about it?
Speaker 3: You drop your dacks?
Speaker 5: She does?
Speaker 3: Do you want to drop them? Now?
Speaker 6: You're actually looking like, what do you mean you drop your dacks?
Speaker 10: Yeah, there's a apparently it's a tradition to all of a sudden drop your dacks and just shuffle from much right.
Speaker 6: So this around your ankles.
Speaker 10: Yes, So this is goes and randomly gets played on the bar and all of a sudden I start looking around and dudes are just unbelting, like unbuckling their belts. Still yeah, so it's still not new. What do you mean started just undoing the belts And then it's like just dropping the chores left, right and center. And I'm just so confused by this scenario.
Speaker 3: Well, now I was like, it's a public place.
Speaker 2: But then the weirdest thing was a female did it.
Speaker 6: Too, And I was like, well, if boys can do it, why can't wake it up?
Speaker 3: Because traditional well.
Speaker 10: No, it was not just the pants, it was the shirt and everything else. I was just sitting there like, oh, Jesus has no care in.
Speaker 6: The world at the golf.
Speaker 3: This is at a bar.
Speaker 5: It's any tradition that makes absolutely no sense at all.
Speaker 3: But I'm here. I'm all here for it.
Speaker 5: No, no, it's it happens.
Speaker 3: Here as well. Did you say what happens to winning weddings? Because out of the family weddings I've been to, I don't want to see them with no pants on her.
Speaker 6: I've never seen such a thing happen before. But I like it, like it my mom at a bar. I'm going to be play Eagle Rock.
Speaker 3: No, no, go on.
Speaker 4: Clint, what Redge Brundays have you got on? Note on, let's give it again, work place, not a Barklint.
Speaker 3: Going up against the Blues this Friday seven at the g They came close to knocking off the Cats on the weekend. Did you watch the game?
Speaker 6: He's having too much fun.
Speaker 10: Yeah, it's Carlton's going really well at the moment. Geelong obviously still undefeated, so you know, a very close game. I felt like for most of it from what I saw, And yeah, it's going to be a tough, tough ass for us. You know, it's going to be a massive crowd at the MCG on a Friday night, and that's what you're kind of play for, these exciting games.
Speaker 3: So you guys play the Cats.
Speaker 10: That's a great question.
Speaker 3: I don't know.
Speaker 5: Melbourne play Geelong this week? Luck Saturday night. Luck with Carlton and Collingwood. There's there are a few places to beef rather Collins v.
Speaker 3: Carlton.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you can leave your cars unlocked on Saturday night then, because.
Speaker 6: I want to get the cars.
Speaker 3: Just don't leave my unlocked around the G seven go the pies. Mason Cox on the air of This this morning. Good to see you, Coxy. Ohways, good to be here, Jason Lawrence. We are getting close to giving away ten thousand dollars. Every day we are getting out on the streets of Melbourne, come up, say hey. Every one hundredth person wins hundred bucks, every thousandth wins a grand and we are getting extremely close to saying hey to our ten thousandth listener. And they will pocket ten k with a huge turnout at Frankston yesterday, South Melbourne Markets.
Speaker 6: On Saturday yesterday Danny Frankstin, wasn't it.
Speaker 3: Today at midday? Where are we head?
Speaker 4: And Lozzy, We're going to nork it today. Jas We'll be on the corner of High Streets and separation streets. Just need northkits Central and North Plaza there come and say hey, today could be today that it goes off.
Speaker 3: That's right, midday today. We will see you there. We'll have ten k in our back pocket waiting for you. Melbourne. This is no over.
Speaker 5: Thousands of Australians will soon rally and march together across the country, including the PM, calling for an end to violence against women. Tens of thousands rally to stop violence against Women Saturday and Sunday on the streets of Australia.
Speaker 2: Very thought provoking, very emotional days.
Speaker 5: Here in Melbourne yesterday ten thousand plus hit the streets for these rallies which are just so so important. The Premier to Cintra Allen was there and then in Canberra, PM Anthony Albanezi hit the streets. Of course, this all comes in the wake of senseless violence against women. Twenty six women this year alone have lost their lives to the hands of a man, and that is just gut wrenching. Yeah, it's gut wrenching.
Speaker 6: It's horrific. Clint.
Speaker 4: A lot of those are from former or current partners. There's absolutely no doubt domestic violence is an enormous issue in our society. But outside of that, there have been some horrific stories we've heard recently of attacks on women. Obviously you hear about what happened in Bondi being an attack targeted at women. More close to home, there's been some shocking stories out of Ballarat and right across Melbourne, and it's it's it's hard, it's hard to read, it's hard to watch, but more than that, it's hard to comprehend.
Speaker 6: Like you carry that stuff with you as a female.
Speaker 4: You hear about it, and even if you are walking through life not feeling frightened or not feeling scared, all of a sudden, I think every single one of us has this in the back of our minds, that that could have been me, that could have been my sister, that could have been my daughter, my mum.
Speaker 5: Molly Ticehurst, Emma Bates, Erica Hay, that's this month alone. They are women in their prime, in their thirties, in the early forties, their families have been left heartbroken. It's just it's it's such an important time to talk about domestic fall.
Speaker 3: That's exactly what we did in our place on the weekend because we saw the rallies on the news, and then it sparked a conversation at our place and Lou, my wife, said, oh, the other day when I was at Cole's, there was a guy behind me in the like behind me in the lineup for the registers, and she said he was just standing so close. Now, he was in a rush to get out of there, but he was standing so close that Lou said she felt so uncomfortable and so unsafe. And then she said to me, how would you feel if it was the other way around? And I said, oh, I would actually just be annoyed. But I've never really looked at it from the female point of view of going lens. Yes, yeah, And it was a real big eye open and I was like, yeah, okay, I totally get it now.
Speaker 4: Yeah, there's definitely a different fear you get when like sure we get people get annoyed and frustrated with people. But there is a different feeling you get in your gut when you feel unsafe and it's a horrible feeling. And whether that's in the supermarket because someone's getting too close to you, whether it's walking to your car at night and you get it's like your blood turns cold and you get this this terrifying feeling. And look, I'm I shouldn't say I'm lucky, but I've never been in a situation where I felt unsafe with a partner or with someone I you know, a man close to me in my life. I've never ever ever experienced that. But I shouldn't say that I'm lucky because I haven't experienced that.
Speaker 3: You know, you should under say that.
Speaker 4: No, But I mean these while these protests are so important. You know, I heard a really interesting thing the other day out of the Sydney protest, and it was it was a woman saying, you guys changed the whole scope of nightlife in Sydney based on the one punch. People getting knocked out in clubs in King Hits and you can't go into a nightclub after at twelve o'clock ORed every time it is they bought in a curfew because of that. So what are we going to do about this? Because this is a huge, terrifying issue.
Speaker 5: And that's why the PM was taken to task in Canberra yesterday. As a result, he has called for a national emergency and a national Cabinet meeting on Wednesday. What is born out of that? I'm not sure. I'm not sure. I mean this, should women carry mace like that? That's something that has been put forward. Should it be legal for women to carry mace? How do we protect the most important people in our lives?
Speaker 3: So I think the first step is actually having these conversations. Huch is so important and we are parents of three young boys, and last night, after having that chat with Lou, that's where our minds went, Okay, they're never too young to start educating them. Yeah, we've got to change absolutely the mentality here in this country.
Speaker 4: And I will say that a lot of men that I know have spoken to me about this and asked how I feel. And I've noticed, I've noticed this conversation going on between some of my male friends and their mates, and I've noticed.
Speaker 6: I will say, while this is.
Speaker 4: A horrific issue, there are a lot of men standing up for this to make sure this doesn't happen again, and to talk to their mates and to talk to their sons and to talk to their friends.
Speaker 3: Educate.
Speaker 5: Yeah, education is a key. I want to bring in Kim o'reiley, So Kim joins us on Jason Lauren here on KNOW one hundred this morning. Kim has been a victim of domestic violence. She's now an active campaigner. She was at the rally yesterday. Kim, good morning, Thanks for your time.
Speaker 19: Good morning.
Speaker 3: How was it yesterday? How important was that not just for you but for Australia.
Speaker 19: Oh, it's very important. I think it really really made a really strong stance that enough is enough, and that everyone came together and so many people took time out of their days to be there. It's a shame that we have to do it to get some attention, be the voice, but you know, it was definitely worth it.
Speaker 3: Kim, Can I ask you what do you think needs to happen?
Speaker 19: I think parole and bail really needs to be looked at. It if that's necessary pathway for perpetrators. I don't think it's needed. It's really rewarding them every time that they get there and then the victims suffers. I think that's something that we really really need to look at. Apart from that, within the community, I think we really need to stop victim blaming, take out the judgment, and just educate.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Absolutely, but you're absolutely right about those I mean, I mean the statistic around twenty six Austrange women have been killed by a current or former partner, the person that you're supposed to trust the most.
Speaker 3: And the term reoffenders, it just drives me insane.
Speaker 4: Obviously, the punishment change the systems not good enough, is it, Kim?
Speaker 19: No, I mean, there is no justice in it at all. I'm saying this to say that it's literally just to help them out and help them rehabilitate, helps them to get us into the community, but it does nothing for us, does not help us, It does not support us. You get a sentence, but then they get a parole and they get a couple of years off. Once they get to that point, they get two years, three years off, and we're still sitting there suffering.
Speaker 5: Kim, as somebody as a victim of domestic violence, Thank god you escaped. What you did being there yesterday?
Speaker 3: Was it?
Speaker 5: Was it emotional? Was it empowering. How was it for you?
Speaker 19: Oh, it was empowering. I've got an emotional at so many people that are affected by it that I just can't believe that this is such a common story and it shouldn't be. But it was definitely empowering that so many of us came together and just said, you know what, We're going to take it this far and this is enough, where this is it? Something needs to change.
Speaker 5: Thanks for sharing your story. Kim actually does some great work in the space It's Never Okay as the campaign she's leading, and just a reminder that there is help for those who need it.
Speaker 3: One eight hundred respect is the number.
Speaker 5: That's one eight hundred seven three seven seven three to two if you're being impacted by sexual assault or domestic or family violence.
Speaker 3: And let's not just have these rallies and then it goes away. Let's have the conversation.
Speaker 4: And you know what, they are hard conversations to have, but they're also so important.
Speaker 3: We got some special guests that are pop.
Speaker 14: By introducing our next guests, so hilariously talented comedians known for heckling those in the public eyes.
Speaker 8: Some have said that Tim and I have taken a superficial attitude towards news and current affairs.
Speaker 7: In twenty twenty four, Melani I promised to turn any leaf and cover only the important stories.
Speaker 8: Plan on puoing on anyone today.
Speaker 14: Jie, Well, it's good to know there's still some journalistic integrity out there.
Speaker 2: Please welcome to the show.
Speaker 14: Mel Braswell and Tim McDonald poo.
Speaker 7: Hey, hey, are we a ten thousand? We need that money.
Speaker 4: We're not quite there yet, but it has been so nice getting out and meeting a whole people.
Speaker 6: A whole bunch of people are at.
Speaker 3: A whole.
Speaker 6: We have one of them. But it's so nice to see you guys.
Speaker 7: Thanks so much, love to see you guys.
Speaker 3: A big fans. You're just congratulating us on being employed off the year.
Speaker 8: We should mention it.
Speaker 7: I think I'm Melbourn Burne, and I think I speak on behalf of Melbourn when I say he's so great that you guys are back on air and you should be so big fans.
Speaker 3: Thank you.
Speaker 6: We love it here.
Speaker 4: What's nice, isn't it to our old studio.
Speaker 8: That shall not be named out studio nice in here? Yeah, it's a lot nicer because he's even the seats are nicer hey.
Speaker 3: Also, mel who's on after Us appears on your show as well.
Speaker 7: She does Meltosen It does a wonderful job here at Nova and to a lesser extend on our show.
Speaker 6: What does she do on the cheap seats? What's her role?
Speaker 7: So her job her job only cultural correspondent and that's code for she watches Love Island, so farmer wants a wife married at first sight, stranded on honeymoon Island?
Speaker 8: What have you been watching for the first episode? Back? And she said, Bluie, like, okay, you really just.
Speaker 3: Go this is the culture.
Speaker 5: Cultural correspondent does encompass a lot though?
Speaker 3: That's a big response. Was it the long epp? Have you seen the long EP of Bluey?
Speaker 8: I've seen the end of the long Nope.
Speaker 7: I haven't seen it yet. No spoilers, no spoilers.
Speaker 3: But I can tell you now as a parent, going from a seven minute episode to a full what like twenty four minutes, it is now it's a lot.
Speaker 6: She was only one.
Speaker 8: It was a special.
Speaker 4: It was like when Neighbors finished and Madge came back and it was extended.
Speaker 3: Oh no, but it was just like seven minutes is great?
Speaker 8: Seven minutes four minutes too long?
Speaker 3: Was I going to a movie marathon? I remember when you were younger and you go to those movie marathons through the night.
Speaker 7: I think we're losing our younger listeners with movies and Madge from Nabors.
Speaker 8: Mention.
Speaker 3: But literally we've been.
Speaker 7: Watching the news because our first episode is Tuesday night, and literally one of the biggest stories of this week is Bluey's mum is in trouble with the law because she put Bluey in the car seat and that is apparently illegal in Queensland.
Speaker 6: She put her in the front She put her in the front seat, didn't she Yes.
Speaker 7: And apparently there's a rule you can be if all the seats in the back of take and you can be in the front seat, you've got to be in a boost seat. And blue he wasn't in a booster seat.
Speaker 4: No, it's a big issue. I saw the safety lady on the Today Show.
Speaker 7: And she was not Jesus on the Today and then the big Stories weekend Today though, and then Chili Blue point oh five and it's just goes downhill from there.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 8: I think also having a dog drive the car is also a leader in Queensland.
Speaker 7: That is that is allowed, that is allowed.
Speaker 3: Is there a favorite show of yours that always gives content like Now that Married at First sits wrapped up?
Speaker 8: I'd say seven News Adelaide, that's pretty good.
Speaker 7: I'd keep it closer to home. I'd go weekend today, Queens, we Love, we Love.
Speaker 4: He's given you material before. Have you seen any anything he's marked up this week.
Speaker 3: Over over the summer?
Speaker 7: Have you done anything over the summer? Have I just give us dates and timestamps?
Speaker 4: Saturday fantastic today when he was learning how to Irish dance.
Speaker 8: Yes, okay, all right, that's what people want to wake up to.
Speaker 5: I feel as that Richard Wilkins would be the target quite a bit. We crossed him on the red carpet for Nicole Kidman at the weekend, and he looks like he just rolled out of a nightclub. He was wearing his shades, the news.
Speaker 3: In his shad.
Speaker 7: You know, Richard Wilkins. I had a story about Richard. We've taken it. Apparently his house has two pools. No, it doesn't, one on one side of the house, one on the other side, so that when the sun is there in the morning, there's a pool in the sun and when the sun goes in the afternoon.
Speaker 6: It's more.
Speaker 5: Yeah, we're in a different state, so we.
Speaker 3: Can two pools.
Speaker 6: It wouldn't be classified as a pool like a pond.
Speaker 3: It's like a pond. It's a small pool.
Speaker 2: Okay, there is water in the front and water.
Speaker 6: Confirm, can confirm he's got a ripping bar.
Speaker 3: Could you swim in the pond?
Speaker 6: Yeah, it's almost like around for a party.
Speaker 3: I'll tell you you're a good friend. Trying to make him sound relatable.
Speaker 7: It's just a infinity pond. Blright, it's nothing.
Speaker 2: Yeah, is it Fisher?
Speaker 6: There would be Richard Wilkins.
Speaker 4: Yes, Yes, it's a great house for a party. Though you've got to get yourself invited around there to the bar.
Speaker 7: Okay, we'll do it.
Speaker 3: So.
Speaker 7: Richard Wilkins is on our list to watch. Also, another show that we want to bring to the show this year, Postcards. We want to try and find some postcards. God, Lauren, can you give us something? You're always very professional on the show. Is there anything that you can give us?
Speaker 4: Jason, I did a Postcards episode together, actually, and you know what we did, because we got axed.
Speaker 6: We went axe throwing. Did you realize lumber punks in South Melbourne.
Speaker 8: Did you put on the target my old boss.
Speaker 3: Saying it tend it to be quite triggering. To be honest, we.
Speaker 7: Don't call it acts. A Channel tenant's moved to a specialty time.
Speaker 3: Hey, we've got our own Cheap Seats a moment this morning to play back. We need to apologize. You guys just did know that in Adelaide I believe we did. And Jodie, I've got the intro here.
Speaker 6: We're an absolute lutely cracking show on Channel ten. Well Braceworn, Tom McDonald are the host of it.
Speaker 3: Do a very good job.
Speaker 1: Tim.
Speaker 7: It's Tim McDonald And what what happened before that is there are very great mates from Channel ten and I don't know their names exactly.
Speaker 4: The half favorite show The Cheap Sheets so close.
Speaker 6: How did your swe to that? Tom?
Speaker 7: I don't need to.
Speaker 3: She could have went Jackie could have went jack today. Hey, the Cheap Seats you can catch it tomorrow night eight forty on ten and ten play.
Speaker 7: For special new time.
Speaker 3: Hey guys, it's always good to see thanks for coming in this morning.
Speaker 7: Thanks for having us.
Speaker 3: Laurence big shout out to everyone. I came out to the South Melbourne markets on Saturday. Also big shout out to the people that were running the dim sim store. What works?
Speaker 6: What about the lady from the cookie store?
Speaker 3: Yes, some cookies. Cookie box?
Speaker 6: Was it called the cookie box?
Speaker 4: The birthday cake cookie I had was one of the most deluscious things I've ever on my Mas.
Speaker 3: Just cookie dough, No, that was incredible.
Speaker 6: It was it was. It was a cookie with.
Speaker 3: A birthday party in the middle of it.
Speaker 4: It had it had some kind of frousting situation in the middle, but it also had icing on top with sprinkles.
Speaker 3: When they open again, we must go.
Speaker 6: We must go. They're not open on a Monday, are they, But we must go.
Speaker 3: I don't want to reveal what they sell, but there was a lady I met at the South Melbourne Market, Georgie Lauren introduced me to.
Speaker 6: She's my favorite at the market.
Speaker 3: She is an absolute expert in something extremely specific.
Speaker 6: We must get her on we must food.
Speaker 3: It's a food that we all use, but she is no expert.
Speaker 4: Who's going to be the most excited about it? Our Irish producers.
Speaker 3: Yes, yeah, that's all we'll say. Yes, it's not Guinness, that's all. We'll say. It's good Now listen.
Speaker 4: Good gear and if you know Georgie from the South, if you go to the South Melbourne market, you would know Georgie.
Speaker 6: She's a bit of an icon.
Speaker 3: Now on Sunday we hit up Frankston. Move on on Sunday we hit up Frankston. Today we're back out there. Every hundredth person that we meet wins a hundred bucks. Every thousandth person wins a grand and we are so close to shaking the hand about ten thousand listener and they will win ten k. Where are we heading today?
Speaker 4: Las Air Today we are going to North kit Ladies and gentlemen also sliding too our DMS if you know any good eating spots around there, because we're basically going on a food tour of Melbourne. We're in Oakley the other day Nico's Cakes and we rolled out of there as well.
Speaker 6: Didn't we.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 4: Today it's north near the corner of Separation and High Street.
Speaker 6: Slidingto o DMS.
Speaker 4: Tell us where to eat, but most importantly come down, say hey and you could win ten k.
Speaker 3: Twelve pm today lunchtime.
Speaker 6: That's food.
Speaker 3: You've got to be quick. We will see you there. Thank you for being all right, And that is it. We are getting out of here. Hopefully today's the day that we're giving away the ten k because later in the week Mama the Show. Lauren is jumping a flight head in the Sydney to catch up with Chris Hemsworth.
Speaker 6: Guys, I'm going to Sydney for the night. Chris will be on our show. Hemsy is joining us.
Speaker 4: I think on Friday morning post the Mad Max furiosa, well, we won't. We won't get him on post that. I reckon he might be a bit dusty on Friday morning. We'll get him on Thursday. Played on Friday here all about you know, it's a bit of a family affair, Mad.
Speaker 3: Max Furio you were saying the dad's in it.
Speaker 4: Craig Hemsworth is one of the greatest blot living men, and he's a fit. He rides motorbikes, he surfs trains, real hikes.
Speaker 6: He's in it.
Speaker 3: Annoys me.
Speaker 5: Same here, I think your dad's fit. That means the jeans are good.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Oh did you.
Speaker 6: Think the Hemsworths didn't have good jeans?
Speaker 5: Well, I just said clearly it's yeah, genetic, which annoys me.
Speaker 3: One I got my dad, Well, you'd be surprised. My dad, God rest yourself had big ears and a nose.
Speaker 4: Leoni Hemsworth, Mum of the three, You're right, it's the Jets.
Speaker 6: He's stunning as well.
Speaker 2: Can't take my It's off it now, will you come miss?
Speaker 3: That is it. We're getting out of here. Chris Hemsworth on the show later in the week and yes midday today your chance to get ten kbles See tomorrow Melbourne.
Speaker 15: Bye bye, Jason Lauren.
Speaker 4: Jason Lauren Wake Up Feeling Good on number one hundred.
Speaker 5: Jason Lauren on Socials