Speaker 1: Get me the morning every day.
Speaker 2: I need you to straighten up for me and be on your best behavior because this is quite possibly the most important guest that we've ever had on the Johnny and Hazy Show. Jason Francs very very Jason, I know you never thought it was possible. Please say a very good morning to our Prime Minister, mister Anthony Albanezi.
Speaker 3: How are you, good morning, love, very well, thanks for having me on the program.
Speaker 2: Well, thank you for coming to South Australia and doing all things. The North South Corridor.
Speaker 3: Well, it's a fantastic announcement, yes say with the Premier Peter mallanaskus fifteen point four billion dollar projects South Australia's biggest ever infrastructure project to finally complete the North South Corridor. So it will be a fantastic project. It'll boost jobs, it will take away twenty one steps of traffic light. Oh, it will make their journey north South forty minutes shorter. So if you take forty minutes of people's travel time, you're boosting productivity and of course also you're boosting road safety.
Speaker 2: Well, Prime Minister, we've come a very long way. Because I'm not sure if you're aware, but for a very long time down south we had a one way freeway.
Speaker 3: I am certainly aware.
Speaker 2: I've long wondered who was in that meeting that signed off on that one way freeway? Can you confirm or deny that you were actually part of that committee said yes, let's go for it.
Speaker 3: I certainly wasn't there, And it was a it was a source of a good trivia with I've got to say, you know, where is there a one way freeway then turns around the opposite way in the afternoon.
Speaker 4: Else on this planet?
Speaker 3: Pretty unique?
Speaker 5: So that is unique, and probably more unique is our new national hero, and that is Reagan taking breaking to the next level. Your immediate thoughts on our newest hero that she had a.
Speaker 3: Crack and the Olympics is all about participation in having a go, doing your best and representing your country, and she did all of that. So I think some of the criticism that's she's there's been a bit of a pylon, which I think is really unfair. You know, I just think, you know, good honor for having a go and wearing a trackie while you're doing it. I mean, how Austrayan is that?
Speaker 2: Wow? Yes, it was long associated with former prime ministers. I don't think I've ever seen you going out for a morning walk in your full green and gold trackie.
Speaker 3: Though, no, no, no one wants to see.
Speaker 5: That different, different party and that was the John Howard era and now you've progressed and gone in a different direction and that's fine.
Speaker 3: It's also a bit cold for really early for you boked in Canberra. I've got to say during winter, but I may. I do like to get fit when I can, and I walked the dog around around Canberra here. And the sad thing about that is that evone says Ilo, who Toto because they all know her and they just sort of ignoremal. Really, you know, that's the Australian way. That's the great thing about canber. No one worries about seeing the PM.
Speaker 6: There he is.
Speaker 5: That's the great level. Or isn't it just to make sure that your feets day grounded. Hey we're talking of fair Prime Minister about the idea. We're fascinated by just how incredibly our athletes have performed over Paris. Do you send texts or in any situation, do you send text to athletes.
Speaker 4: After they've won a gold medal or won a grand final.
Speaker 3: I do send some messages that I had FaceTime with the athletes the other day who finished their courses. Are in some cases a couple of boxes who were about to compete in their semi finals, so they hadn't finished yet, but we had a really good chat and a shout out, and I'm so looking forward to welcoming them home at seven am on Wednesday they get back to Sydney, some of them will hang about and I suspect have some fun in Europe, which is most deserved after their efforts. But it's been pretty extraordinary. They've done us proud pride, and they have brought us joy and excitement. But I think Australians have been invested in it as well and it has been really uplifting for the whole nation.
Speaker 2: We were very invested in Jess Trengo winning the marathon halfway through. Don't worry, she's a good South Australian girl and we love her. Prime Minister, thank you so much for your time this morning. We really appreciate it.
Speaker 3: Thank you have a lovely day you.
Speaker 2: Too, and say hi to Toto for us.
Speaker 3: Well do.
Speaker 4: Let's get down, ladies, Jenny, girls, to your hairs in the.
Speaker 5: What a weeknd it was for the Games, but in particular and new favorite national hero Reagun.
Speaker 4: Rachel gun who knew that breaking was even a sport.
Speaker 2: Who sat there and went, you know what this we need to put this on the Olympic stage, that this is my whole thing.
Speaker 4: That's a good question.
Speaker 2: Because even the final I was like, what is this?
Speaker 4: If you're just catching up?
Speaker 5: So Rachel Gunn represented us with distinction at the Games in Paris for breaking, which is the newest Olympic sport.
Speaker 4: It is break dancing. Yeah, that's right.
Speaker 5: If you're hearing that for the first time, it is an Olympic sport, it really really boggles the mind.
Speaker 4: She crashed out really really early. I don't think she scored a single point.
Speaker 2: No, does it not belong in a car park on a video film clip? You know what I mean?
Speaker 5: Spot on maybe with the bomb funk mcs who knows she is.
Speaker 4: Big mac meal. Thanks.
Speaker 2: Can I just be Devil's advocate and say I feel really sorry that this woman Now she's the butt of worldlikee Jakes.
Speaker 4: I feel sorry for as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and she's the just fodder for the internet.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I see, I absolutely do you know, I think she was hunging out the dry one with the uniform.
Speaker 4: Oh the uniform wasn't cool at all.
Speaker 2: It was Calvin Kewsback.
Speaker 4: Was bowling lawn bowls.
Speaker 2: Yeah she did, rather than style cricket.
Speaker 4: Yeah, absactly. You got some strong thoughts on this.
Speaker 7: Okay, to an extent, yes, I feel sorry for her because you never know. You never like if you woke up and all of a sudden, there's memes across the it's not only the country but across the world, like this has gone to every corner of the globe. Right on the other side of that, she had to qualify to get in there, and she came out afterwards and she said, oh, I knew I was never gonna win. I just wanted to bring some unique movesh blah. It's the Olympic Games. Do you not go to the Olympics to try and win and do your best. It's not a mockery. It's not a oh just go there and spounce around like a kangaroo like I just And then Animes came out and not to I get it, the hate and the alo hate, but the means and all of that is she's going to have a really hard time, I think moving forward. But Animes came out and basically said, you know, how dare people do this to a woman, and it was she sort of made it about gender, and all of the comments and everyone I've spoken to goes, it's not about gender. If a man got up there and did that, everyone would have had the same reaction.
Speaker 5: Give you was a man, probably would be worse because she's got rhythms than most men.
Speaker 7: That The kid who then got up, the sixteen year old who then got up and went after her, he was amazing. He was absolutely incredible, And for us to say, I would love, I would love to put the call out there. Surely we've got women across the country who can break dance, who can do it properly and Regan, I'm sorry to say that, but just yet me.
Speaker 2: Wasn't she our number one breakdown? Apparently she was the.
Speaker 7: Number one, and she was the best, But jumping around like a kangaroo, I don't think is our best?
Speaker 2: Is what we could have put forward.
Speaker 5: Do you know what though, Joe's and you brought it up before, but the betudo advocate had they summarized it.
Speaker 2: The buttudo advocate, who never ever seems to miss just said Australia not ready for new sick moves and.
Speaker 5: Sums up beautiful Because racking my brain, I can't tell you my top five Assie freestyles.
Speaker 4: I just can't.
Speaker 7: One of the Channel I think it was one of the Channel seven news reporters when and saw her, she was walking around the city and they he went up and tried to speak to her, and she didn't want to talk. She got her phone out pretend to be on the phone.
Speaker 2: But when he made a comment.
Speaker 7: But he made a comment, he said that the husband who was it's her husband and also her coach.
Speaker 2: Ah, if you're if you.
Speaker 7: Said to greg hey, I want to do breakdowncing at the Olympics, and he said, I'm going to coach you and you.
Speaker 2: Put together what she put together?
Speaker 7: Would you not expecting to turn around and go hang on a second, babe. I know that you're really passionate about this, but I don't think we're going to be good enough.
Speaker 4: There's something in that.
Speaker 2: There's something you do not underestimate. Gregory, who's just been a two whole days at a kid's troop dance competition and at one point turned to me and went, well, I don't like tap.
Speaker 4: Good enough.
Speaker 5: There's definitely something in that not happening at twenty twenty eight. It's already Ben said it's not going to the LA Olympics. But guess what's happening in twenty thirty two. Not sure, but if it does, Jody Yotti is going to enter coached by Gregody.
Speaker 4: Where it is?
Speaker 2: You hear this? God help me? Best Dozzy tracksuit? Guys.
Speaker 5: Hey, we're gonna speak to the Prime Minister very soon. We'll get his thoughts on this because this is a national headline. Yes it is, and no doubt he will go into bat from Maybe we'll just have to ask the Prime Minister about some.
Speaker 4: Of his sick moves back in the day.
Speaker 5: Let's talk about Australia's new national hero girlhead You can picture it, can't you. Rachel Gunn aka Reagan raygun Pool knows mo particular the hopping kangaroo. That's what really wow the judges and oh wow, I mean it disgusted them.
Speaker 2: Not a single point she received on no and according to producers, there were some signs in the qualifiers if you've seen the videos of her qualification for the Olympic Games.
Speaker 4: But that's our best. She's the best that we've got.
Speaker 5: We spoke to the Prime Minister just before us in the Albanize and he said, quite rightfully, good on her for having a crack.
Speaker 2: Yes, indeed, but it can be difficult when twenty twenty four Paris was your moment to shine on the breakdancing stage and it all went horrendously pear shaped.
Speaker 5: Yeah, they get one shot sometimes one shot to really really make it in this life, and you feel like there's a lot of situations for athletes you built up for four years, and you just sort of wonder if our girl Raygun was responsible for breaking not making it to twenty twenty eight.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 2: Hope not La have gone. We won't be doing that when your moment on stage goes horribly wrong. That's the thing we want to talk about on thirteen twenty four to ten this morning, because I over the weekend had a bit of an incident.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, here you go.
Speaker 2: So let me preface this by saying, I am not I repeat, I am not a dance mum. Hats off to them because that in itself should be an Olympic sport.
Speaker 5: A second, do you go to these little dance competitions with your daughter. Guess what, No, you're a dance I'm not.
Speaker 2: The traditional dance mum. Off the show where you get so heavily invested.
Speaker 5: Anyway, I've heard you shouting at the kids before, fighting with the other mums over the top, competitive lathering makeup on the youngsters.
Speaker 2: Anyway, hazy. Sometimes you have no choice but to enter the dance bunker, which I did in a two today a troop competition. Is that it was literally hell, I'm not kidding. It was an underground bunker below the stage on the weekend, so I spent a lot of time down there. And the thing is, in between dances, you've probably got sometimes two three songs to get tights off, to get leotard's off, to get them into their new costume. I'm terrible at it, particularly under pressure. So the first act that I had to prepare my eleven year old was a beautiful number called gang Man Style, one.
Speaker 4: Of those iconic songs of this generation.
Speaker 2: She had about four minutes to prepare to gang Man stuff. She's I'm rippling through her dance bag trying to get her change, and I'm like, where's your bow time, mate, where's your bow tie and she's gone, well, I didn't have a bow tie rehearsal, so I don't have a bow tie. So then we had to go to the head of the dance company and say, can you hastily fasten together a bow tie, which they cut some ribbon, got a thing a safety bin and pinned on her. So that was the first one. The second one of my dance mum failure she had a hat. She had a hat for this little like old year old school song and dance number that they had to and she had a hat and she goes, Mum, you need to pin that on, and I'm like, mate, it's a full on a hat. There's no way I can pin that to your head. And so again we had to go to the head of the dance score and say, well, how do I pin this? And they're like, where's the elastic for the hat? Where is the elastic? So they're sewing on the elastic for the hat, and I'm sitting in the audience going I'm the worst of this. I'm so bad. But as the song and dance number is unfolding, folding, I'm just watching this hat slowly but surely creep to the back of her head. The other.
Speaker 7: I'm just gonna say that my mother, Sheryl Smith, would be very angry with shit.
Speaker 2: I think all the other mums were angry with me because I'm not doing my job properly. One of them text me from the audience and went, oh my god, her hat. I'm vomiting in my mouth. Two things that you're terrified of as a dance mummy is the bun falling out, because the bun's very important, and the hat sliding off the head, and well, oh and not having a damn boat tie go alo. Three.
Speaker 4: It wasn't even your daughter's fault. It was your fault.
Speaker 5: So thirteen twenty fourteen, when did you stuff up on the big stage? You're responsible for your daughter stuffing up on the big stars.
Speaker 2: She didn't stuff up, she was magnificent.
Speaker 4: Wardrobe malfunction, hat malfunction.
Speaker 5: Never has there been such a wardrobe malfunction since the Greater justin Timberlake, Janet Jack.
Speaker 7: If you ever get invited back, help Cheryl. What Cheryl will set you up. So she'll give you a little kid that's got all of like if anything goes wrong, this is what you go to.
Speaker 2: There's there's pins there are you being the lead here? Did you dance as a child? Of course I did for years.
Speaker 7: I'll went back as an adult as well and danced until I left and went to Queensland.
Speaker 4: Give us a bit a gag them style right now?
Speaker 7: Okay, we need better songs than that. But anyway, so we had there's a photo of the three of us girls. So I've got two sisters and there was us standing in front of the TV and we had twenty three costumes.
Speaker 2: Wow around us. That's amazing. Yeah.
Speaker 7: My old dance studio with Carl Benson on South Road has just been demolished. Karen Bensince she used to dance on Channel nine by the way, has just been demolished. And was actually really overdrove past it and got really cheery because I was, oh my god, we had so many of our memories there go.
Speaker 4: I'm thirteen, twenty four ten. When did you stuff up on the big stage?
Speaker 5: Best call this morning, as we'll all send you off to the Canten Hotel with one hundred dollars voucher. I want to tell you next as well about one of my biggest stuff ups when I first started doing gigs. We need to get to this and some of these big pubs very nervous early days, and one in particular went disgustingly pear shape just before.
Speaker 2: We get to that quickly contemporary jazz hip hop? What would you go to?
Speaker 4: No hip hop?
Speaker 7: I did contemporary tap and jazz?
Speaker 5: Oh great, we don't love tap thirteen twenty four ten. When did you stuff up on the big stage? And with all due respect jokes, with all due respects, we love that she's had a crack. But Rachel guhn Reagan, we're just sort of wondering if that was the big moments. Yeah, didn't quite go to plan, do you know what.
Speaker 2: I Well, sometimes he's athlete, still a lot of mental preparation. I'm not sure that the kangaroo bit was part of that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it was unique, it was iconic, very uniquely Australian, but unfortunately the judges weren't feeling the vibes.
Speaker 2: Now, you're innately a performer. We all know that you used to perform acoustic sets and pubs. Ever had a moment.
Speaker 4: I ever had a moment.
Speaker 5: So when I first started playing gigs, by the end of it, you don't get nervous and you just sort of have fun and you're not trying to overanalyze the situation. Some of my first gigs, I did one at the austral and it was a Friday night and it was I think it was supposed to be for a residency, so I was supposed to be there for the next a couple of months.
Speaker 4: On a Friday, and I was very, very nervous. A couple of mates came to watch.
Speaker 2: Me play, as well, that's your first mistake. Don't ever have any friends or family in the audience.
Speaker 5: So I thought it would calm me down right, and it probably did, but unfortunately I probably went too far the other way. I went for it in like the second song, I really tried to build out Holyrail Hanness and Collectors and I remember just potentially after the song, sitting and they're going, I'm in a bit of trouble. I think that I I've learnt now since that what I did was I strained a vocal court. Oh and I completely cooked myself.
Speaker 2: So I was like Forty's version of pulling a hammy, which you've also done. Absolutely the beers beforehand didn't help.
Speaker 5: No, that was before it even drink beers. I was so nervous and keen to perform. You can imagine what it would have been like as well. For that it was packed to austral on Friday night and this is what they would have heard.
Speaker 4: Yeah, we we concid to go for the.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Really shocked reaction. And then I had to go to the manager and say I think I'm done.
Speaker 2: You withdrew like an Australian marathon runner after one point in.
Speaker 4: Two case, I couldn't sing effectively. I did my hammy in the first ten minutes.
Speaker 2: Oh my god.
Speaker 4: That was so embarrassing. And in surprise, surprise, I didn't get asked back.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, how did the rest of your Las Vegas residency go?
Speaker 4: Yeah, not so well.
Speaker 5: Unfortunately, had to he directs my gig route from there. On thirty twenty fourteen, when did you stuff up on the big stage?
Speaker 4: Good morning to you, phil, Philip, how are you going doing?
Speaker 2: We're so good you sound up? And about what was your big moment and how did you stuff it up?
Speaker 3: Well?
Speaker 6: Back a few years ago now, back in primary school, we had an assembly and ironically it was a mock up at the Olympics and I got dis tasked with doing weightlifting, so mum. Bless her. She helped get We got to a one of the curtain railings and had two balloons that we blew up and tied it on to the end. They were a weight, quote unquote, and as I was lifting it in front of you know, heaps of people, the left side came off. Quick thinking and my knowledge of the Simpsons. I don't know if you remember the episode where Home is lifting up the weights and the weights are falling off and he lifts up the empty bar. Well, quick thinking, I knocked off the other side and I lifted the whole thing up.
Speaker 4: And the crowd absolutely went nuts. And on top of that, Phil, great Simpsons reference there as well. Yeah, I'm not sure. Is it the boxing episode? Is he training to be a boxer? It's during some.
Speaker 6: Sort of training, Yeah, yeah, and all the waves are coming off and he's the heck out of the cat.
Speaker 2: Mean, you two could just compare Simpson's references all day, can you?
Speaker 4: We could do that until the cows come home.
Speaker 2: Great story, Phil, Colleen, Good morning. What was your big moment? Get A.
Speaker 8: I'm a drama teacher and I trained these year twelve. You know, I had to improvise and make sure that if they forgot their lines, they'd help each other out. And a couple of days before it went on, somebody dropped out, so I had to take the role. I'm on stage, the big moment comes and I just froze. I did not know my lines. I couldn't think of anything, and the girl that had never ever got it right got me out. She just said something which prompted my line, and I think I gave her an age.
Speaker 2: What did you give yourself, though, Colin is the big question?
Speaker 4: Definitely, that's the biggest fear. It's the worst.
Speaker 5: You're in the spotlight and you've got recited lines and they just your brain disappears.
Speaker 2: We live in fear of the blank, especially on television. Here, at least we've got each other, you know, to have each other's back if we forget something.
Speaker 5: Sometimes I'll throw it to Jody because I can't remember I'm supposed to say. And I look at you and your eyes looking in different directions. You've got that chameleon thing going on, and.
Speaker 4: Well, no help there.
Speaker 1: Here's where you're waking up to Adelaide.
Speaker 4: Snooze news.
Speaker 2: All the news you need to know to get you up to speed, to rip into your workday and abby in the newsroom. It was some pretty horrendous stuff on the streets over the weekend.
Speaker 7: This is one of the most sickening attacks I've ever seen, and from someone who used to work on Heinley Street in one of the pubs and be pretty to all the CC I couldn't watch this. So a young man is essentially fighting for life after the attack on Hinley Street yesterday morning, so it was around five point thirty. Witnesses are basically saying there was a fight between two groups and it started over a young woman and then essentially this young man is walking down Hinley Street and he is attacked by another gentleman. He's punched and he's also stomped on the head. It's the second attack in as many days. So there was another man who was also attacked at the in Taparu at the Peninsula Hotel. Two people have been arrested, obviously, one for each incident. But it is just a timely reminder to chat to your young men who are going out on the town, who are having a few drinks. We're trying to instill this in my nieces and nephews that you know they hit the rule their lives. If this guy dies, then you're up for either a possible murder charge or manslaughter.
Speaker 2: You've changed to you've changed. There's four lives that have changed here in the space of minutes. I thought it journey, it's more than that, well more than that.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought it had change in terms from when I was coming through versus now that kids were much more aware of the consequences of being an absolute hero and trying to go out there and throw fists.
Speaker 7: Think they I think to an extent they are. I mean, this isn't obviously we can't. We can't say it's everyone that does this. But the fact that this is still happening, like it is that footage. I am pretty I watch True crime, I watch all of the things. I cannot that video. I just I'm starting to Yeah, I cannot watch it.
Speaker 5: Someone's face ahead at point blank in situation that, especially.
Speaker 7: After the kid had already fallen onto the ground, he was already out cold, and this guy kept going just horrific.
Speaker 4: How do you deliver the message then?
Speaker 5: So if it's not if you can't get through on I suppose a humane level, we talk about the consequences. How about do you break it down like this, saying to the young guys out there, you think it's a good idea, You're not going to get away with it because there's CCTV everywhere. We're in the city where you're going to get away with it, and you're probably going to go to jail.
Speaker 2: Like if you're if you're a bloke and you're going out where you're a young bloke and you're going out, is there I'm looking for a fight mentality or is it just a situation? Things evolve and you've had too much to drink and it makes you angry.
Speaker 5: There's blogs that are looking for a fight. I can tell you I've mates like that. And also it depends how you react to alcohol. That is a big thing, and specifically certain types of alcohol. So for example, Brown liquors doesn't sit well with me. Rum doesn't sit well with me. Mates that give them two RUMs and I'll start swinging at themselves almost I think young The problem is youngsters still learning what their bodies can and can't handle, and in terms of what sort of reactions they get when it comes to alcohol as well.
Speaker 4: It's all it's all there. The thing I found with alcohol as well is.
Speaker 5: It's what's going on all It's your darkest thoughts and the things that you are hiding sometimes come out if you've got a lot of anger and you're pushing that down. Unfortunately, sometimes alcohol can release.
Speaker 2: Well that's our co isn't it. It's a masking drug, so you use it to suppress all the things that are bothering you. So it's just yeah, awful, awful stuff. And I won't be watching that video because I don't think the stomach can handle it. On a lighter note, the games are coming to an end, so it's our most successful games ever, which is really cool.
Speaker 3: Eighteen gold.
Speaker 2: It is fourth behind the US, China and Japan and France. I've written down here, but that would suggest that we're finished fifth, So who knows we're fourth, it's just the number anyway. The Opals won bronze. They beat Belgium last night, which was awesome to see. Good reward for the girls and Lauren Jackson winning a bronze medal at the Olympics in basketball age forty two or forty three, outrageous, isn't it. Silver and bronze in the cycling as well. But the center of attention in the athletes village just prior to the closing ceremony has been Raygun.
Speaker 4: Yes, Raygun, I'm still going ya good moves.
Speaker 2: So our Olympic breakdancing sensation. Despite a scoreless performance, plenty of online hate, a million memes and a billion views, ray Gun was dancing it up for all the other athletes. She's a bit of a cult hero, now, isn't she.
Speaker 4: We will talk about this before seven o'clock.
Speaker 2: Abby has thoughts. They're really strong, you guys, they're super superst.
Speaker 4: Some strong thoughts on this. Is it the whole? Any publicity is good publicity.
Speaker 5: There's there's articles from the New York Post, some of the real New York Times, some of the real prominent websites.
Speaker 4: Yeah, talking about this.
Speaker 2: I mean see, I've spent my time thinking, I hope she's okay. I hope that woman's okay. This is a lot of feedback, a lot of it really negative. And then now I'm like, but she's dancing in the village, so I.
Speaker 5: Feel like she must be just they better be taking the piece, the athletes, the other athletes better not be taking the piece.
Speaker 4: Well, let's get her going, keep going.
Speaker 7: It seems to there's been a bit of a backflip as well, probably over the last twenty four hours of people coming out and supporting her and saying good on her. You know so yeah, I think as a as a country we'll get around her. But yeah, interesting times.
Speaker 4: That Joe is the filtered version of news reader.
Speaker 5: Abbys. He'll let you open up before seven o'clock. How get your thoughts on it?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Unleash just prior to seven?
Speaker 5: All right, twelve and this past six coming up next six to fifteen? Bending machine queiz, So we need Jodes to drop the first question in a couple of minutes.
Speaker 4: That's a job, that's a joke. That's a job, job, so terrible job.
Speaker 1: Ah.
Speaker 5: Yes, the best way to start a Monday is a just hook abbey up to your veins.
Speaker 4: Let her inject that humor's very good.
Speaker 2: I've got a ex boyfriends who wouldn't say that. But anyway, no, well really the demons in the closet there, get them all right?
Speaker 5: Sure you've got one on or not? Thirty twenty fourteen, Hello your heart sink pro sect.
Speaker 2: We don't have enough lines open this morning to.
Speaker 4: A couple.
Speaker 5: Hey, as usually you go third like a sort of Usain Bolt type situation where you bring us home?
Speaker 4: Do you want to kick us off? Though?
Speaker 7: This week with the first leg, Okay, ready, yep? What did the eggs say to the boiling water?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 2: I don't know if I can get hard.
Speaker 7: I just got laid this morning. Actual footage of Hazy's bedroom.
Speaker 5: Another example, Another example of a joke only Abby could tell for some reason that just got a bit of an extra bay.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean?
Speaker 4: All right, all right, Joe's I'll go next.
Speaker 7: Tokay.
Speaker 5: My wife actually divorced me the other day because I'm a compulsive gambler.
Speaker 2: Really.
Speaker 5: Ever since then, all I can think about is trying to win her back. She's a queen, though, queen of the Nile.
Speaker 2: She's a treasure, a dolphin treasure. I've got a bit of a marital theme this week. Actually, Kevin employs a new young secretary and is then faced with a barrage a rapid fire number of questions from his wife about her. Does she have nice legs? Kevin replies, I didn't notice. Well, what color of her eyes? Kevin replies, didn't have time to check them. The wife says, what are the now polish colors that she uses metallic gel or neon alid question, not a clue, Kevin says, So the wife is quite exasperated by now, and she says, well, how does she dress? Kevin replies, very quickly, your.
Speaker 5: Heavy Joe's let me take you to the Promised Land. Yes, Scotland have about this little Scottish story, and it is so Scotland. A Scottish farmer frantically called CoP's report tiger in his cowshed, sparking an armed police stand off, only to learn it was just a large, cuddly stuffed animal. Sometimes they'll get you though, Oh jeez, they will scare the be Jesus out here.
Speaker 4: Yeah, Bruce Grubb was throwing a housewarming party. Oh sorry, Bruce Grubb, it's his last name. What a grub? Was throwing a house when we party?
Speaker 5: When he spotted the bizarre site and called police fearing his pregnant cows were about to be devoured. Oh bear in mind, he was throwing a house party. She probably had a couple of tubes, if you know what I mean.
Speaker 4: He said.
Speaker 5: Now, I feel a bit silly for calling the police, but I thought it was a real emergency.
Speaker 2: Working on that way. Wait, waiting, I was so nervous to do.
Speaker 4: That, particularly with my Scottish wife probably listening.
Speaker 2: Did she help you out with that? Yes, you just free willed it.
Speaker 5: She's shaking your head right now as you speak. I could feel it. That's what he said to the Scottish son. He said, I had absolutely no doubt it was real. Got a hell of a scared Oh now you're irish.
Speaker 4: The frightened farmer said.
Speaker 5: The first office to respond to the scene was so scared that he refused to get out of squad car.
Speaker 4: Really brave policeman.
Speaker 5: Northeast police even checked the local wildlife park to see if they hadn't escaped tiger and a loose After armed cops engaged in a forty five minute standoff forty five minutes, they realized the supposedly terrifying beasts was actually just a big blush toysration me what a.
Speaker 4: Nice cops said.
Speaker 5: They determined the false car was made with genuine good intent and a Facebook post about the ordeal. They even asked an embarrassed grub if they could keep the stuff tiger as a mascot. It's unclear how the stuffed toy got in the shed in the first place.
Speaker 2: Well, it's like all stuff toys, isn't it. I Gate, You've served your purpose. Off you go to the shed after start for that tiger, all right, see your tigger, see your tig our next gust He is a good Gold Coast girl and one of the Australia's most loved singers, songwriters and producers. And you can introduce Judge on Australian Idol. To her resume. Little known facts Her first job was selling t shirts at Gone Tropo and she went to high school with our very own Ricky Leeue born Amy Louise Billings. She changed her name in twenty thirteen to Shark, as Jaws was her favorite movie. Please Welcome to the Jody and Hazy Show, the most elite, top one in the business, Amy Shark with hey Zee, say are very good morning, Please do Amy Sharks.
Speaker 1: Oh morning, Amy, good morning. How are you going?
Speaker 2: We're so good? Amy. We just have to say, massive fan of your work. But a new album it must be so nerve wracking when it comes out, Yeah it is.
Speaker 8: It is.
Speaker 1: When it's album three, you kind of just pray that you're still making sense and people still care.
Speaker 5: You know, well, I think more so as well Amy when you release Cry Forever and also Love Monster and their absolute smashes and winning aris and all sorts of things.
Speaker 4: Does it get e like this time around? Is there pressure? How do you go about it?
Speaker 1: It's a bit of a balance. Like I try really hard to not get like poisoned by knowledge of the industry, you know, because it's there's kind of some beauty in the franticness of those early recordings and not really overthinking anything. So I try really hard to just think about the music and not get too overwhelmed by the business side of it. But it always creeps in a little bit. So Yeah, it's it's always scary. I mean, you spend so long on something and all you want is for everyone to like, you know, love your little baby that you've put out into the world.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 5: Are there situations and you see these ironically on social media. Are there's situations where some artists aren't getting a go because they don't have a prominent enough social media following.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I mean I see, I'm seeing that we're all in this horrible vortex right where I get caught up in it. I can spend hours on TikTok, and there's things that I actually learned, you know what I mean, it's not all bad, So I think that's what direct draws you in. And I constantly get served these stories of artists that are really struggling for all these twisted reasons, like yeah, they like my song that I don't have a following, so I get a following, and then they think I'm a content creator so they don't take seriously as an artist, And it's just this, it's just really hard. It's really really hard out there to for anyone to get some sort of momentum, and because of what we went through with COVID, now like there's so many internationals, there's such a backlog, so it's just a very interesting just a few hurdles that I think we've already get through.
Speaker 2: So, I mean, you probably wouldn't know this about Andrew Hayes, but he is an accomplished musician. He used to do sets at the Line Hotel. I'm not sure if you're familiar with their work on a Sunday afternoon here in ad.
Speaker 5: Ally and if not, a mean treat yourself treachery for some inspiration.
Speaker 2: Yeah, sometimes he was even sober when he did it.
Speaker 1: Wow, Oh my goodness probably.
Speaker 4: Used to bring out of door you back in the day as well.
Speaker 2: That would have been a sure winner.
Speaker 1: I used to sing that drunk myself anywhere.
Speaker 2: But is that why you're saying you didn't make it because you weren't big on TikTok in.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I think so. It's am I right body politics.
Speaker 1: Yeah, look, you just got to You just got to put the time and effort all into TikTok and it should all work out perfectly.
Speaker 5: The new album, coincidentally, which was the thing when I was playing the line on Sundays, is called Sunday Sadness.
Speaker 2: That was just for the people listening, though.
Speaker 4: Very different areas.
Speaker 5: But some of the credits, and in particular Matt Corby, what's it like working with Matt Corby? Because no one has said this, but I'm pretty sure Matt Corby is my wife's hall pass.
Speaker 1: I think there's a few few wives out there with Maddie on the list. But it's Yeah, he's just a really cool guy. I don't think he's what people expect, you know, Like he's a lot more. He's hilarious, Like he's really funny. Like I think people think he's just mysteriously cool dude, which he kind of is, but he's also just super funny and really kind of wacky and has a great just a great vibe in the studio and makes you feel super relaxed but also knows how to push you. And he's obviously just worked really hard on the skill set of producing and being in that environment. And yeah, we made some really cool stuff together.
Speaker 4: Ivy, thank you so much for your time.
Speaker 5: Like I said, we can't wait to see October thirty first Adelaide Entertainment's Center tickets via Live Nation. Good luck and congratulations on the new album.
Speaker 1: Oh, thank you guys, I appreciate it.