Speaker 1: High Scrollers is produced on gadigul Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country, an elder's past and present.
Speaker 1: Always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Brittany Swindon and.
Speaker 2: I'm all right hey, and this is High Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 1: We've been sharing.
Speaker 2: Chat Matt.
Speaker 1: Matt is on one, I'm off one. Actually, we've been sharing our lives online for over ten years. So who better to catch you up when everything's gone viral?
Speaker 3: Can?
Speaker 2: We talk a lot about ourselves as well? And today we talk about well way too much. At first, I have a gift for Britney. Oh yeah, that was the That was this episode so long as a heartwarming moment. I've got a gift for Brittany. But once again, it's a gift that I didn't actually die. It's been given to me by someone else for Brittany. So but the reaction is everything I wanted and more fabulous. You also get a very special, never before heard or seen or known about secret from Fake the Label. In today's episode, plus our royal Flushes, we talk all about Lizzo's Diabolical album release, Loving that word at the moment. If you can Diabolical Bus, Brittany's got an app that will maybe save your life or you'll be able to save someone else's if you use it. All that more coming up, deal me indult let's go.
Speaker 1: Good morning B one, Good morning B two.
Speaker 2: Wait, Banana's in pajamas blue and yellow.
Speaker 1: Well they wear blue and white pajamas.
Speaker 2: Okay, yeah, I'm for those not watching on YouTube, I'm in yellow. Britney's in blue. So it is a bit.
Speaker 1: Bananas Bananas in you know what. That was one of my favorite shows when I was a kid. Bananas in pajamas.
Speaker 2: Bananas in pajamas, coming.
Speaker 4: Pajamas, coming down in pears, Bananas in pajamas are chasing cheddy bears cause on Tuesday's Day they're gonna catch them on nowhares, which.
Speaker 2: Let's unpacked that.
Speaker 1: Yes, now I think about it, What the fuck does that even mean? That actually makes no sense.
Speaker 5: I haven't hang on.
Speaker 2: This is a good social clip, This is a good you have an answer, go.
Speaker 5: So the answer is is that on Tuesdays in the show, they would chase the teddy bears around. That was the whole thing. So if it was Tuesday it would be Chase Teddy Bear Day. They'd be chasing them all around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this was a whole shot on Tuesdays, let's just chase the Teddy Bears.
Speaker 5: I think there were episodes where it's like, oh, it's a Tuesday, so they'd be chasing the Teddy Bears and they'll be hiding.
Speaker 1: And I'll tell you another thing that I used to love on Bananas in pajamas, Jelly on a plate, Jelly on a plate on a plate.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe they wrote an entire theme song over one specific part of one day of the week. But one thing they did on Tuesday, they went, let's make it the whole theme song.
Speaker 1: Do you remember they're jelly and how wobbly it was. Yeah, like, and they would have it on a plate and it would be wobbling.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I loved bananas in pajamas, but I was more of a Telly Tubby's girl. I wanted nothing more than a Telly Tubby's land. I want a Tubby custard.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I wanted so bad.
Speaker 2: I wanted that bloody vacuum cleaner.
Speaker 4: Mm hmm.
Speaker 2: And who was your favorite Telly Tuby Hm hmmm, Tinky winky obviously for me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I want to say probably because I was like a little girl, it would.
Speaker 5: Be laalao cute.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what was the on Dipsy poe.
Speaker 1: O poo.
Speaker 2: Is Chelly Tuppy's Australian.
Speaker 1: No, it's like Swedish or something. British, British, Go Go or girl?
Speaker 2: Can you confirm Telly Tubbys is British. I don't believe you.
Speaker 1: I thought it was like Swedish for something.
Speaker 5: Because they used to switch over to those scenes with real people and they're all British people.
Speaker 1: Yeah, BBC, it gets very Australian.
Speaker 2: It does give Australian, doesn't it.
Speaker 1: I think another one of my favorite if we're going down this avenue. Another one of my favorite shows growing up was Arthur.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, and when you're walking down the stream.
Speaker 1: And everybody that Jimmy, there's a lobanon. No one w and I said, hey, hey, what wonderful kind of no?
Speaker 2: I liked so that was Arnold. I also liked Hey Arnold.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like no, that was Arthur. Yes, Arthur? And then wait, did HEYLD have a theme song too?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I think they're just went hey Arnold, like do do.
Speaker 5: Do do Do Do Do Do Do Do do do do and be like looking for him. Really yeah, I think so.
Speaker 2: He was a weird looking kid, wasn't he. Arnold?
Speaker 1: I know at the end of way, hey Arnold.
Speaker 2: It is the original Jewey Oh yeah, jeweyrif Yeah. Anyway, Welcome to another episode of High Scrollers, where literally anything can happen, and it is happening today because I have something to keep this episode off for you. Okay, this is our technically second last record before you go on your big adventure first holiday age.
Speaker 1: By the way, I'm so excited. But is it embarrassing that we're going to see Calvin Harris?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Oh okay, I wasn't sure if that was embarrassing at my age.
Speaker 2: Oh no, I think that's perfect at your age. Actually, okay, very.
Speaker 1: Millennial, that's what I mean. Like, is that embarrassing?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: Okay, I think lean into it, would you go?
Speaker 2: No, I'm very busy. But I mean if I had free tick gets, if someone invited me along, yeah, sure I'll go. I'll got anything, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yeah, but.
Speaker 2: I this is the second last record. Yes, next time we go, you only have like one or two days till you fly out right, So I needed to bring something today for you and your trip because you need to you'll need to get yourself organized. Okay, So because you need a bit more time than a day or two to sort this out. So let me just go and grab what I prepared earlier.
Speaker 1: Okay, am I closing my eyes.
Speaker 5: I don't even know what this is. Thanks, thanks for telling me.
Speaker 1: I sort of saw it.
Speaker 2: I've got to open it. I've got to open it.
Speaker 1: Okay, so I must sit you in my eyes shut.
Speaker 2: I've just covered it with my jacket. Let me just bring this back in the microphone. So basically, I am loving this because I seem to continuously bring presents like how lovely mugs that we got in Aubrey, and I have enough. Oh yeah, open your eyes, I've got you can do. Another present. Another present, which again I didn't actually buy or contribute to. I was reached out to by someone who I'll say in a second, and they wanted to gift me and you this, And I thought this is perfect because this thing is going to be one perfect for you and your life in general, but two it'll be even better because you are about to go away. And so I think you will need this and it's perfect for euro summer.
Speaker 4: Right.
Speaker 2: So anyway, I got an email not long ago from my friends at let me just move this microphone out of the way. Sorry, my friends at Amazon, and they said, hello, we would like to hang on let me sort this out. Oh my god, yeah, close your eyes and I'll just sort this out. So I'll just I'll just open this up.
Speaker 1: This is nice. I'm having a litle nap while I'm getting paid.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous. I'll just I'll just because I haven't even opened this and how to look, So I'm just having I'm just having a look. What's that? Oh okay, yes, yes, yes, okay, so here, I don't open your eyes, but just hold this, Just hold that, Just hold that and we'll open our eyes in a second. When I just sort this out.
Speaker 1: It feels like a photo album.
Speaker 2: Gorgeous, gorgeous, gorgeous. Yep, yep yeah, okay, three to one, you can open your eyes. Thanks to Amazon, they've sent us the new kindlescribe color soft.
Speaker 1: Is this a kindle?
Speaker 2: It's a kindle, But not only is it a kindle, it's a kindle for the working girl. The CEO, Wait, is this a real Kindle. It's the real kindle that you will be able to load up with books because I'm sick of you read in my library. Stop to put some books on your kindle. But it's a kindlescribe so you can take notes. They've got what where ideas grow in clothes kindlescribe color soft premium pen USB. Oh, hang on, what am I looking at it?
Speaker 1: I can read books on this.
Speaker 2: You can read books on this. So perfect for the flight over because it's quite a long, perfect for when you're lounging.
Speaker 1: So I just want to download books onto.
Speaker 2: This, download books onto this, and then your book's just on here and you get to read it. And then they've also sent the folio cover and the pen as well.
Speaker 1: No, this is awesome because you know how I did that call out for small businesses to I wanted to make free content for them. Well, one of the businesses that I really loved a look of but I couldn't say yes was a girl that makes kindle covers.
Speaker 2: But you didn't have a kindle, And I was like, oh, that would.
Speaker 1: Be awesome to get content on a holiday. But I don't own a kindle. Now I own a kindle.
Speaker 2: Are you kidding, tough, fabulous.
Speaker 1: This is such a nice deep burgundy color.
Speaker 2: They're brand new, by the way, Is it sponsored?
Speaker 3: No?
Speaker 2: I mean they've given it to us for free, but no, this isn't a sponsored episode Google. Gay J didn't even know I was doing this today, but I didn't.
Speaker 1: Get one either, h O mine.
Speaker 2: But it's these are nice and thin. Yes, they're quite waighty. I was literally saying.
Speaker 1: It a j last night. I'm going to buy The Handmaid's Tale because I want to read it even though I've seen Is it weird to read a book that you've seen the show?
Speaker 2: I mean I would always read it first, but it would be better because you'll go, oh, that didn't happen in the show. Well that provides a bit more context.
Speaker 1: Well, actually, scrollers, if you could leave me a comment of a book that you recommend for me to download on this because I've only read Verity, which is what you gave me, Matt, Yeah, so what are some good if I really liked Verity? What are some other book recommendations? Wow, this is freaking amazing.
Speaker 2: And you've got the pen don't forget now. I'm not too across the scribe, but I'm pretty sure they were saying that it's like it's meant to be like it's your book, but it's also you can take notes and you know, have a little diary and in there and stuff as well. So I was like, you can.
Speaker 1: It says you can only pick from the UK UK.
Speaker 2: It's just the spelling. Oh god, yeah, so we want UK spelling, not the United States.
Speaker 1: This is so exciting. What the hell.
Speaker 2: It's a lot bigger though, but obviously that's because it's the scribe. Like my kindle's a little small. But this is the point is this is for the working girls and bills and everyone in between. I can't be bothered setting up this kindle right now. I just wanted to kind of have a play with it and see how the I should have done this beforehand. Well, I can set up with my phone.
Speaker 1: Thanks Amazon, What the fuck?
Speaker 2: Yeah, my god, I'm so glad you love it. Yeah, expect this because they.
Speaker 1: Some reason I thought you were going to give me a chopping board. A chopping board for that, I don't know, because I saw the boxes sitting over there and I was like, is that a chopping board?
Speaker 2: Okay, No, it's You've got to connect to the internet and to set it up. I wanted to kind of have a play with it and see how the scribe aspect actually worked. But maybe I'll have to play with that later. Otherwise we'll be here all day. How fun is that? Yeah, and you've got the case as well, the Foleyo cover.
Speaker 1: That's a nice cover for anyone not watching on YouTube. It's like a dark, plummy purple color. Really nice.
Speaker 2: But let me actually, you know what, this would be perfect. What I'll do is I'll just get their email because they explained why it was perfect for you specifically.
Speaker 1: The color is fig fig. Yeah, here we go.
Speaker 2: So Kindlescribe color soft. So first of all, it's colored because Kindle was notoriously only black and white. Yeah for so long. So now they brought the colored one, and I have the colored one, just the regular Kindle color soft. But now they've got the Kindlescribe color Soft. And so it says we thought of you both as people who are constantly balancing multiple projects, commitments, and ideas, whether it's planning content, managing a podcast in business, organizing your schedules, or simply finding time to think and create. Kindlescribe is designed to provide a dedicated space for reading writing and capturing ideas without the distractions that come from other devices, right.
Speaker 1: So you can't like exit and go on to TikTok.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah yeah, So.
Speaker 1: Sorry everyone, I'm just like ripping into this.
Speaker 2: That's fine. I'm so glad you like it.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I know.
Speaker 2: It's real business woman, isn't it.
Speaker 1: Wait? Can I let you in on a secret. So we are relaunching Swim to Fate this year, which I've already done a podcast on a big business about and this is a High Scrollers exclusive. This is the color.
Speaker 2: Oh wow, so what is it? This is the fig It's like.
Speaker 1: A plummy fig color. Our first swim and this is the first time I'm saying this by the way around, so top secret. But I'm taking all of those swim pieces on my trip with me to shoot content and this goes with it.
Speaker 3: It's meant to be.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Nice, Wow, I love this. I'm so excited. I was literally saying that AJ last night. I'm going to get another book to hopefully read on the trip.
Speaker 2: There you go. We now you don't need to you can just download it on there and let me go and put all of this away so we can get into this episode. But I'm so glad you love it. And thanks to Amazon, and thanks to everyone who keeps sending me gifts to give to you because it makes me.
Speaker 1: Look everyone, if you want to keep it coming and we can have a gift every week on the pod, I'm not going to say no to that. I will accept pr if we can open it on the pod. Thanks Amazon, And guess what I've got an Amazon store front?
Speaker 5: Now?
Speaker 2: Yeah, how's that going?
Speaker 1: Good?
Speaker 2: They're good?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nice?
Speaker 1: So might have to add the kindle to it? Yeah sure, Oh my god, how exciting. Also, everyone, I really want to disclaim that sounded like a big sponsorship for Amazon, but it's not unless unless Matt's done a little side thing and we don't know about it. Put mine just over there. Oh my god, little pen. This is so fun. Thanks Amazon and Matt.
Speaker 7: Please be upstanding for the Royal flush.
Speaker 2: Well, Royal flush of the week. I've got quite an interesting royal flush for this week. Something a bit different, something. I guess it's kind of a Royal flash, kind of not Look Lizo, we haven't spoken about Liso in a long time. Would you like to come on High Scrollers please?
Speaker 1: Seriously?
Speaker 2: I would love Lizo on high scrollers. Do you want to know what's funny is when I went to the Lizo concert, I she came out on stage and I went, she's pissed, She's pissed off something behind the scenes. No, I was like, she's angry, something behind the scenes has happened. Anyway, at the end of the concert, like I'm telling everyone or like everyone who went, I was texting, going, dude, the the mood was off, like she was. This was I don't know, last maybe three years ago. Yeah, I was like, the moods off. Everyone's like, are you kidding?
Speaker 5: It was such a vibe.
Speaker 2: It was such a vibe. Like all my videos, she literally looks like pissed off in them. The next day, the whole dancer's allegation thing came out of like the harassment or mistreatment of her dancers and whatnot, which, by the way, I saw an update not long ago. She's a lot of the dancers have like removed their accusations. Some have been confirmed, Like you know, she's been proven innocent in a lot of the ones, and there are still a few going on at the moment. But she has a new album that just came out. It's called beach by the way, it's called beach and gay Jay is a bitch. You listen to Lizzo's new album.
Speaker 5: Yet, no, and I will not be Oh yeah as a dancer? No no, I No, that's not that sounded bitch is fucked, didn't it?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 5: That wasn't a dig at Lizzo. I think Lizzo has good music, it's just not my I love some of Herzon's She's not my cup of tea kind of artist. Yeah, I feel like it's almost like vanilla R and B. Is that respectful?
Speaker 2: Probably not. We'll let the audience design bitch. I I like Lizzo. I think she makes fun music, and I will listen to any album that anyone drops just to see if it's like my vibe, because you never know, like like for me, So I'd say the similar thing about Drake, Like I don't understand Drake. I don't understand why people well, I understand why people like his music, but like, I've never listened to a Drake song. Gone, Wow, that's a vibele add that to my playlist, not once, but like he just came out with three albums not long ago, dropped them all in the same night. At the same time, three albums, and I sat there and I still listened to all of them, just in case one of them is a backer. You know what I mean.
Speaker 1: Did you listen to Evanescence's new album.
Speaker 2: No, I didn't even know they had one.
Speaker 1: They will, they do, I will. It's really good And they're coming to Australia next year. Who's coming?
Speaker 2: Didn't they just tour last year as well?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 1: They did, like that one show with Metallica, okay, and I think they did one little show on their own, like the night before or something. Okay, but it wasn't like an Australian tour. But they're touring like properly.
Speaker 2: Next year in the stadiums, in the arenas, like or is it like Oxford Arf? Yeah? Double check, Thank you go Google Girl. So Bitch is the new album that came out now. I am devastated for Lizzo because it has flopped harder than any album I've ever seen flop before it. I believe it's her first go at an independent album, so she doesn't have a label behind her. She does have a label behind her for this album. Yeah, what is the label?
Speaker 5: I don't know?
Speaker 2: But oh no, sorry, She does have a label. They're not doing any promotion. Yes, right, She's been pissed off at them. So she was like, I've gould all the promotion myself because my label's not doing it.
Speaker 1: Did you see now? Also, just on the same topic, that bb REXA is now indidependent, and so is Zara Larson. Oh wow, she let go of the that company that she has a.
Speaker 5: Contract finished, so she went, I'm not going with.
Speaker 1: You anything, so clever, especially because Zara Larson is just like popping off.
Speaker 2: Well, I reckon that all of those types of people are going to sign to Taylor Swift's label when she ates her label.
Speaker 5: Very smart, Zara has a label now, she's made her label.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't keep up, honestly, fucking How.
Speaker 1: Anyway do you find out about Evanescence?
Speaker 2: Yep?
Speaker 5: So they're doing arenas so like in City, they'll be in Curtis Bank.
Speaker 2: Oh love. Yeah. So this new album from Lizzo unfortunately failed to chart at all as in the Billboard Hot one hundred, Hot two hundred. Sorry didn't even Does.
Speaker 1: This mean that, like the record labels are really play a huge big part in the marketing, Well, for sure, do.
Speaker 5: You need at least like six to seven thousand like purchases of the album to even make it on the two hundred. So she hasn't even made that.
Speaker 1: Mean, So what the record labels usually do, like is it Billboards and all that kind of stuff.
Speaker 2: It can be anything from Billboard's TV appearances, ads right, promoted like Pink, Spotify or whoever, to so like bullets. Yeah, marketing like they put they'd say, oh, this new album, Yeah, it sounds good, that's going to be a hit. I reckon, we could sell, you know, make ten million dollars, So we'll put two million dollars behind advertising to boost it so everyone hears it.
Speaker 1: So paid media because I saw her out on the street like putting up signs like herself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, because they didn't have the budget for it. But I'm assuming they listened to the album and went, we don't think it's going to do very well.
Speaker 1: Right, I haven't listened to it yet, but I have seen her posting little videos like trying to promote it, and I've seen her. Hasn't she come out saying like it's not working.
Speaker 2: She sold five thousand, one hundred albums in the first.
Speaker 1: Week and wait, so just to give because I'm not up to date with how it works these days. So, like, we use streaming services, but do they still rely on people physically buying them on iTunes?
Speaker 5: I can answer that as a nerd, a music nerd, So a physical purchase of an album constitutes much more, say points for example, to like a sale. So when you're streaming it, streaming one song, it's like it barely counts to wards an album and sale. But if you're streaming like the whole album multiple times, eventually I think you've got to listen to it like thirty something times or something, it counts as a sale.
Speaker 1: But then what about like buying physical see, then.
Speaker 5: That counts as one sale?
Speaker 1: And where do you buy those? Where do you buy CDs?
Speaker 2: From their website?
Speaker 5: Okay? And most of them finals more than CDs?
Speaker 2: This variant, that variant. That's why she does so many variants because well, not just her, a lot of artists do different variants, and so the more that they sell, the better sell the better.
Speaker 1: They got a weird world that we live in now, hey where because of streaming apps? Like how different it makes it for artists When back in the day it was like you would go to sanity and buy the fucking CD.
Speaker 5: Yeah, for a perspective, I think the new Olivia Rodrigau album is I think it sold like four hundred and fifty thousand in its first week, which is incredible, Like if people just aren't doing those numbers usually, like a standard artist would be doing maybe like fifty two hundred k. But Lizzo hasn't even hit six thousand and.
Speaker 2: The first day Spotify streams for all tracks, So every track totaled six hundred and thirty three thousand?
Speaker 1: Is that bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? So that's like an average of I mean, how many tracks on the album? What did I say? It was six hundred and thirty three? Here we go do a mass again. I think there's eleven tracks, but let me just double check that.
Speaker 1: Can I just like listen to one for a second?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Can you listen to that girl? Because that's my royal flash? Is that song? Girl? That girl? It's oh, there's twelve songs? Ooh that's not good? So am I listening to that? Not fit? No? Less divided by twelve? Oh? Yeah? No, that is right? So do you want to listen to Okay, so fifty thousand people still listened. That's that's a lot. I was one of them.
Speaker 1: Let me listen to that girl for a little bit.
Speaker 2: All right, we'll be back in a sex scrollers. Okay, what are your thoughts?
Speaker 1: I don't think is that bad?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I know it's fun. Yeah, it's fun. And you have to remember that Lizzo's rise to fame came from Good as Hell, which was released like five years before it went number one. So she's got, she's got, she's she's a late bloomer, this Lizzo, Yeah, this Liso. Anyway, I just find it really interesting and funny because the point that I wanted to make with this is that you might remember that on the podcast, I want to say, like a year ago now, I spoke about being on Lizo's Close Friends on TikTok how she made that Lizzo irl TikTok where she only opened it for a day and was like everyone who follows right now, I'm closing it in like six hours and if you got in, you got in, and if you didn't, you didn't. And I got in. And so she's still to this day like posting like close Friends vibes, like she just gets on there and rants and talks and talks about whatever, And I think it's interesting that like she's almost it's almost like it didn't work letting her community see more of her because very interesting for all we get taught in this, like media landscape is like let people in, show them more, show them behind the scenes, like create a community, blah blah blah. Like I feel like Lizo basically did, like ticked all the boxes of like what you would tell someone to do on big business, right, yes, but and of course not everything's gonna work for everyone. But I am I find it so interesting. It would be a good case study to be like, why hasn't at work? Did she share too much?
Speaker 5: Is there alive?
Speaker 1: I think it depends on the individual as well. And we speak about this a lot as well. You know, back in the day when celebrities used to be so out of touch for us and we knew nothing about them. Maybe for some celebrities it needs to be that way where they are not out of touch but out of reach. Yes, and they are super famous and like you don't know much about them. But then for some celebs and you know, singers and artists, they are real personal, like Zara Larson, She's on TikTok, but she's so chronically online and she's always posting, so I think it comes down to the individual as well.
Speaker 5: Maybe I think the allegations did numbers horrendous things for her career, and I don't think that she or her team handled it the best that they could, regardless of the fact that they were true or not. I think that the way that that team handled it, I just don't think it was good. I think it did way more damage to her career than people are letting on. Also, throughout the campaign, she's online constantly complaining about the fact that music isn't charting, and I think people don't want to see someone complaining about that kind of thing, do you know what I mean? It's like, okay, well, like you begging us to stream you, Like people aren't going to stream you because you're it's like attitude towards it.
Speaker 1: You need to have a personal brand, but there has to be like a line drawn somewhere. Yeah, very interesting.
Speaker 2: It's like share more but not too much.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so interesting.
Speaker 2: But then for us, I don't think there's anything left that I haven't shared, So you know that's what I mean. It's like, it's just so interesting that she kind of went down that route of like and maybe that is maybe that is the point is like people are actually wanting celebrities to be celebrities.
Speaker 1: But I see this all the time.
Speaker 2: Attainable, do you know what I mean? Like unreachable, Like.
Speaker 1: I see the lizo irl account and like, I think you and I can probably speak about this because we have personal brands, and we have had personal brands before that was even a fucking term. And I see the same, Like I follow bb REXA and I know you're like, no, no, I can.
Speaker 2: I say as well, just quickly. I actually love bb REXA and I think her music is good.
Speaker 1: Yeah.
Speaker 2: That conversation was she's going to be the next big thing and she's going to be a star. I love bb REXA and I listen to her music. There are two songs currently in my playlist as well, which would also easily be Royal Flushers.
Speaker 1: Which are they Knew her new One.
Speaker 2: Hysteria and Sad Girls with David Gettar. I'm loving them, like I like bb rex They don't get me wrong, But you said, like she's going to be the next big thing, get get out of the Kia Asylum or I go, I don't think so.
Speaker 1: I think she could. But I think this is where, like I watch bb Rex's content on TikTok in particular, and these celebrities they're not trained on how to build an audience organically. They are celebrities like they've lived a completely different life, so when it comes to them making personal brand content, they don't know how to do it, and they're showing up and like being negative or complaining or if I'm being honest, being boring, like laying in bed just talking about nothing. And I feel like, like as crazy as it sounds, like, when I watch bbi's content, I'm like, I feel like I could go and I could teach her heaps of things to do that would increase her likability on social media and views, because there's like an art to it, the way that you create personal brand content. But I think because they've grown up like in a complete different way and had their career in a totally different way, they don't have that in them, like authentically, how to make organic content, because as much as organic content is organic and real, there's a brain behind that you are planning that shit out, and like, I don't think they know that it's not just like laying in bed going, oh, like my video, my song isn't getting many streams, Like that's not what building a personal brand is. Like, I think they need to be strategic about the personal content and like build an identity around the way that they're showing up online.
Speaker 2: Yeah, whatever that means. But I saw Biby Rexa do like a makeup get ready with me exactly did you see that? And she was like, you know, she had no makeup on. She's sitting there like I don't know if she's in her pajamas or not. But she was just like, I never talk to you, so let's just like talk about it. And then she was talking about she's gone independent and blah blah blah, and she was doing her makeup and so engaged in.
Speaker 1: That video her and like people responded well to that. Then it's on her to be strategic keep that same theme going. Yeah, or like you know, let's say she's really into tasting foods, like start doing mook bungs or whatever and keep going with that same thing. Whereas I think a lot of them like they don't know what content to post organically, so then they just try different things. But you've got to find one thing that really works and then run with it. Like, if you're going to become known for the get ready with me is and doing my makeup, keep doing that and do it consistently, Like that would be my advice to them.
Speaker 2: There you go, yeah, if you're so. I don't know what my royal flush was actually, but it was just all of the above. I just felt like it was really interesting that Lizzo and I know that the allegations would have played like a huge part in that, but like, I mean, that is like tragically bad for an hour.
Speaker 5: I think she's a woman that the misogynsts have been waiting to and she's a black down, it's a fat woman.
Speaker 2: So I think it's all the things going on that would attribute to it, for sure, But even with all of that attributing to it, I'm still like that is fucked. How do you go from what Lizo had to that, Like that's a crash and burn and that's like sad no matter you know what happens or what issues they have been, I think it's still fucking crazy that that's I think there's still.
Speaker 1: A chance for redemption and having that moment again. Surely, I think so the same way that Zara Larsen like did stuff for so long and then she finally had that dolphin meme that changed everything. Oh god, everyone has that chance. And I always say I'm big business. You've got a million chances in life. So just because this one album of hers is flopping, it doesn't mean that I'll give up then, because that was your one chance, You've got five thousand more chances every day.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, true, that's very true. Lisa might need to go to the Britney Saunders School of Content and maybe then she'll be able to get a number one album again. Anyway, what's your Royal flush?
Speaker 1: Okay? Wait, I've got a few written down. Maybe I'll tell you them and then you can pick. Okay, these are no context spoilers. Okay, okay, so you have to pick Save app or Royal Destiny Assisted Living.
Speaker 2: Oh for the fuck, Royal Destiny Assisted Living or save App. Yeah, I'm going to go save App. Okay, let me find because I'm hoping it's save Money. No that's not, well, then fuck it. Give me the other one.
Speaker 1: Okay. So this is a TikTok account that I stumbled across the other day. It's called Royal Destiny Assisted Living, so a home for the elderly, and on TikTok the app is Royal Destined y'all. H I don't know. If you just look up Royal Destiny Assisted Living you'll find it. At the time of recording, this account has six thousand followers, so it's quite small and niche, and it says in the bio, inspired by ten plus years of dedicated service in Arizona's foster care system, now we're paying that love forward to our cherished seniors. So it's two people. I think they are a couple, and they have started this new home for the elderly. And when I watched the first video, I thought it was a skit, Like I thought it wasn't real show me. But I think it is. And at first I was like what, But now I think I love it.
Speaker 8: We've shared the story of why we built Road Destiny. Today we are so incredibly excited to family about you to step.
Speaker 1: So just for context, Matt's jaw has hit the floor.
Speaker 2: I've seen him before, I've seen his videos.
Speaker 5: Yes, first we wanted to say thank you.
Speaker 8: The od point of love and support since our last BRITO has honestly meant the world to our family. Omar and I have brought our hearts and a lot of late nights into making sure that every single detail of this beautiful home is perfect. From making sure the energy of the space feels just right, adding thoughtful, loving touches to every single room, we wanted to create a place that feels.
Speaker 1: And so I started going through the videos and like the way they're put together, like the production is very low value, Like the way they edit it almost seems like it's intentionally bad. Like what was that little style at the start?
Speaker 2: I think it's to get your to capture your attention with him, because he looks like a meme, a meme. But those videos must be super viral even though they're in these I've seen him everywhere lately.
Speaker 9: Look at the start of this, like they put little weird bits at the start of their videos going on, but anyway, you know what, everyone needs to go take a look, Like they don't have many videos.
Speaker 1: They've got like less than twenty at the time of recording, and the home is like, what kind of style would you call this? Antique?
Speaker 2: Antique?
Speaker 1: Antique meets the start, Chi, but dat care? And like I watched the videos, and I wasn't sure if it was like a joke at the beginning, but then I think it's absolutely real, and I'm like, you know what, if I'm ninety years old and I can't look after myself, I want to be in a place like that, with two lovely guys like that looking after me.
Speaker 3: What.
Speaker 2: I just can't believe that that is your Royal Flush?
Speaker 5: I love it?
Speaker 2: Can I get the save app Royal Flush as well? Please? Okay, give me that one as well.
Speaker 1: Anyway, all I'm saying is put me in that home.
Speaker 2: That's fabul that put me in the home. You won't be working when you're fifty. Isn't that what you said, You're not working when you're fifty. Maybe you can move in when you're fifty.
Speaker 1: Yeah, go on live with.
Speaker 2: Them in Arizona. Yeah, but I want to know what this save app is because that's just like the most random Royal Flush you've ever had.
Speaker 1: Well, let me just try and find it. Sorry, everyone, while.
Speaker 2: You're looking for it. By the way, I had some scroller's message and say they've started using the snooze proof app that I spoke about a couple of weeks ago, which they actually haven't been using that one because it's not available in Australia. But I didn't realize that. But they found other ones that do very similar things and they were like, yeah, it works. It's actually diabolical, but it gets them up. So I don't know. This could be the new the new app that everyone down. Isn't an app like you said, save app. I'm thinking it's like a it's a it's an app for saving what here?
Speaker 1: Let me sorry, I'm just trying to find the.
Speaker 2: Video or saving each each other. Y Oh, I saw this that lady in the cafe that ran downstairs the video, but no, you send it to me on Facebook. That's why you can't find it. Yeah, it was a Facebook video. Yeah that's right.
Speaker 1: Hang on, I'm going into our messages. I don't think I need to play the video anyway, because what I saw was a video of a guy and did he have like a heart attack or something in a cafe.
Speaker 2: He was in a cafe and he had a heart attack or.
Speaker 1: He had something like a medical emergency. And there's this app which I thought was called save app, but I've just looked it up and it's called good Sam, like Good Samaritan yes, And essentially what it says is it's a free app that alerts nearby volunteers when someone is having a suspected cardiac arrest so they can start CPR before the paramedics arrive. In New South Wales, it's connected to ambulance dispatch systems and volunteers get an alert on their phone if they're close enough to help. So this guy had gone into cardiac arrests in a little cafe like on a corner, and this person who was nearby had the app and she got an alert on the phone and she was literally just down the street, so she ran to the cafe and started giving this guy a CPR like straight away, like before the ambulances could have enough time to get there. And she saved his life by doing that, all by having that app on her phone and getting that notification. And then the video that I saw was like emotional because he had survived and then he was going to see her like the girl that had saved his life, and then he was like crying, and I was like, Oh, I need to talk about this on high scrollers because I just think that's one of the best apps I've ever seen. It says a few things about it. You don't have to be a doctor or a nurse to sign up in New South Wales. The app can direct you to the nearest AED DEFID later. Later you can choose whether or not to respond when an alert comes through, and it's credited with helping save numerous lives across Australia. If you're in New South Wales, it's probably the main get an alert and potentially save someone's life at people are talking about. There are a few others overseas, like Pulse Point in the US, but good Sam is the big one used by Australian Ambulance Services. Oh here it is.
Speaker 2: Yeah, this will give you a contact everyone when it comes to cardiac arrest.
Speaker 5: Even a few.
Speaker 6: Minutes can be the difference between life and death. One saidy father was saved in the nick of time thanks to a mobile app that gets help to people sooner.
Speaker 3: November last year, Luke Holcroft, waiting for his chicken order, grabs his chest and.
Speaker 1: Collapses, kin falling over.
Speaker 3: Within four minutes, Emma Martelli is racing through the door and saves his life.
Speaker 1: Now they're meeting and hugging.
Speaker 3: They meet again Pleasure Luke, who had previously had open heart surgery, came to in hospital. I've skip the Hangman's twice. Literally, yeah, more on mate. One reason is Emma, an intensive care nurse who lives just fifty meters from the chicken shop.
Speaker 2: Okay, that's just like a cut down one that's only a minute long. But they go on to say that what happened was when he fell over in the cafe and they didn't know what was happening. They got the app open and they send an alert. So everyone in a nearby radius of let's say a kilometer two kolomebas I don't know what it is, gets a ping on their phone saying someone needs your help. And so she's run downstairs because she's noticed it's fifty meters away, and she's there within four minutes to start doing CPR or whatever.
Speaker 1: And she literally saved his life. So I wanted to make this also my Royal Flush as well as the Assisted Living because I think that's an app that everyone should download if you know how to do CPR. And I also think we like for our fellow human. Yes, the least that we could do is go and do a first aid course and know how to do CPR. And keep that up to date because I know that they always change it. Is it every two years. You've got to go and do it. I feel like knowing that and having that skill, I guess, if you want to call it is really valuable because you could save someone's life one day.
Speaker 2: I wonder how much it is though, so no, it should make that kind of stuff for free.
Speaker 5: It's not that much.
Speaker 1: One hundred and something that's maybe. Yeah, I think that's a really good thing to have.
Speaker 5: I agree, I've done it a few times. I think need to update mine though. Now.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you've got to do it every so often. But I just thought that was heartwarming, the same way that Fortnite is heartwarming.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Basic CPR thirty nine to fifty nine dollars, yep, but the step up is one hundred and ninety five to two twenty.
Speaker 1: Go and do it, people, if you can afford to do it, because you very well could save someone's life. Yeah, and download that up if you already are qualified. Keep CPR.
Speaker 2: Never know.
Speaker 1: Well, that's another episode done in Dustin.
Speaker 2: It is thanks.
Speaker 1: Are you running out of energy?
Speaker 2: Absolutely? Fucking If hit a wall so bad, I can tell I'm ready to never do another podcast episode ever again in my life if I'm honest with you, But anyway, I think I need food. It's food, you know, like we don't eat so long sack or I honestly thought I have sartage chicken and rice in the fridge and I was like, I'm going to bring that. But then I was like, where's the microwave? Like if you want, I don't want your ancho Bey's gay ja. Yeah. I thought about bringing it, but then I was like, no, it's all too much and it's too hard. And another then is the cheek sartage You're just sitting there until I then heat it up, Like I'm going that seems a bit weird, and so and feel comfortable with bringing the sartae chicken and rice. Yeah, I have chicken pats in you and the fridge as well. And last night I had some curry puffs and do you oh my god, you actually know one more royal flush before we go. The new grilled sauces, the grilled herbed mayo sauce. You can now get them at the shops, so you know you got to grill you get your herbed mayo. That costs way too much for the amount that they give you. Well, no worries because now six barks you get a whole fucking bottle of it at the shops, and I will say it does not taste the same as if you bought an in store. Now, I was always under the impression that Grilled made that sauce in house daily. That's what I was always under the impression of. I don't know how true that is, don't quote me, but it doesn't taste exactly the same. It's good enough, like it's does the job and it's fabulous, but there's nothing like actually getting it from in store. So I don't know what the difference is. But obviously when you take things into production like some things would need to change. But anyway, the new Herbed Mayo sauce from Grilled, oh my god, that's a royal flush. I had curry last night from a tie place and I went, fuck it, I'm putting her mail on it, and I did, and it was crazy. The flavors shouldn't have worked together, but they did. And that's all I want to say on that. Anyway, Thanks for listening, scrollers. Don't forget to rate us five stars or nothing at all. Leave us a comment Brittany, you haven't got your comment ready for this week? Have you get your comment ready from from whatever episode? Whenever?
Speaker 8: Read?
Speaker 2: Also, don't forget we have YouTube videos going up every Friday of our main episodes, plus you get YouTube exclusives over there here we have Tuesdays and Fridays. You already know. You should have your notifications on. You should be shopping at Fate. You should get tickets to the Bring Back Glamour Tour because I'm coming all around the country in August and September and I can't wait to bloody see ya.
Speaker 1: Have you got a comment from a past episode Witney's comment of the week? Oh no, no, britt did you know that fish flake is actually shark when you go to the fish and chip Shop when we're talking about Anchoby's and fish, Now, do you know when you get fish from the Fish and chip Shop, it's shark?
Speaker 2: Oh I didn't know that. Well, if you've got a fish cocktail, it's shark. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it also shark.
Speaker 2: Really yeah, go Google.
Speaker 5: No, I don't need to I know it's true.
Speaker 2: I want you to confirm. No, So it is.
Speaker 1: Fish fish, fish and chip shop.
Speaker 2: Fish and chip shop. Sorry, is shark?
Speaker 5: In Australia.
Speaker 2: In Australia, shark meat is most commonly sold as flake, so it's called flake. So if you get a fish cocktail that's not shark, I'm not sure you have to it has to be called flake. No, I don't know what.
Speaker 1: I've never ordered flakes. I don't even know what that is. But I think as a stock standard in all fish and chip shops, it's shark.
Speaker 2: It says in Australia, shark meat is most commonly sold as flake.
Speaker 1: I've never ordered that.
Speaker 5: It's just most of it shark.
Speaker 2: So if you get a fish cocktail.
Speaker 1: That's shark most likely.
Speaker 2: Do people know this?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I've known my whole life.
Speaker 1: I've known it.
Speaker 2: Is it allowed?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 2: It's saying that it's threat that doing selling shark meat in Australia is threatening endangered shark species like hammerheads.
Speaker 5: No, this would be like specific sharks that probably aren't endangered or anything.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Girl? How do you know that? Girl?
Speaker 5: I'm just trying to help.
Speaker 2: I'm not convinced. Are you actually here we go? Here's a whole study on it from the Sydney Morning Herald. Conserving conservationists, sorry say the fish. No fuck it, we'll cover this in close friends. We'll cover this in close friends. I am doing a deep dive in close friends, okay, because I'm not convinced that a fish cocktail. We'll get there anyway. I better let you go. I'm going to move into that bloody retirement home or whatever it was called. I'm sick of this, hi al momar