Speaker 1: Let's say hoide around.
Speaker 2: Next guest.
Speaker 3: Looks like the Hollywood Hawks are back playing hawkball again in twenty twenty five. Our next guest has been with them for a few years and he's also a hobby photographer.
Speaker 1: His instagram's pretty.
Speaker 4: Sick am launches to goal.
Speaker 2: Where is it?
Speaker 1: Please?
Speaker 5: Welcome to the show.
Speaker 6: How Ever, morning, what have you got three sleeps to go before your first game?
Speaker 2: Yep, Friday and audience swenty, So we'll go up on Thursday and puts around the corner.
Speaker 4: He came to get back into it.
Speaker 6: It must be frustrating the preseason where you feel like he's just running in circles for months on end.
Speaker 2: Yeah, lots of running. They're getting shorter and shorter these days, which is good. But yeah, obviously we got to taste the finals last year and it's going to be good to get back on the stage this week.
Speaker 5: Can I I sent touch on the photography for a second. You were nature man?
Speaker 1: What do we? Oh?
Speaker 5: Yeah, the instagramlsh landscape.
Speaker 2: Really love traveling, So so.
Speaker 1: What's your what's your camera? You got to dig? Yeah?
Speaker 2: No, I've actually recently changed the Fuji Fuji film.
Speaker 1: So do you know what the digital camera's back.
Speaker 6: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kids are all taking cameras.
Speaker 4: And disposable It's all about film. Your film guy, I do.
Speaker 2: Have a film came I don't know how to use it, though.
Speaker 6: You don't tell anyone that because you look young and cool if you've got a film camera.
Speaker 2: Are you just bother disposed of ones?
Speaker 6: And they're granny here in New York when I was there for everyone pulling it and I was like, oh wow, in America, like every corner shop is now selling the shame of going to drop off the film to pick it up, forget.
Speaker 1: The random Yeah.
Speaker 3: Hey, I was in Sydney yesterday and one of your, one of your teammates, was fronting the media, Big Mitchie Lewis Now he was asked a question by the MC which was misinterpreted, I think by Mitch. He was asked about Hawthorne and the reputation that comes with the Hawks that being young and sexy. I think Mitch thought they were talking about him.
Speaker 4: But oh, and what was it about the style of.
Speaker 3: Game the Hollywood Hawks These days they're known as are you young and sexy? Are you going to play young and sexy football?
Speaker 2: I think we want to play good exciting football and we love attacking football, and Sam drives that message a lot. But I think we'll come back to our pre season and we pride ourselves on hard work and we know the other things will come off that. So that's what we base ourselves on, hard work and you know the other things will come, the shiny stuff to the goal celebrations of all the young a fews.
Speaker 6: I was going to say there was a player at the club that thought the young and sexy comment was about them personally.
Speaker 4: Who would it be?
Speaker 6: Who would be the most likely to take that as a personal compliment, go on, throw them under.
Speaker 1: Springs. Demand Conor McDonald, all of them.
Speaker 4: Who came back from the previous season the most unfit.
Speaker 5: I was asking him off the air. He said, everyone came back looking like stallions.
Speaker 2: Yeah, no, I think these days that, as I said before, the preseason is getting shorter and shorter. So you've got to come You've got to come back and good nick. Otherwise, Yeah, you go hard?
Speaker 4: Yeah, how are you hard to catch up?
Speaker 5: We've got club memberships to go this morning. Thirteen twenty four to ten is our number if you want to win them. Now the Hawks are making a move when it comes to their training where you're heading to Dingley.
Speaker 2: Head into Dingley's from Waverley Park.
Speaker 6: Yeah, the old Waverley Path remember that? So will no one have their home facilities there?
Speaker 3: Yes? Nice?
Speaker 1: I think they're selling it selling it.
Speaker 3: Hawthorn Footy Club bought it for a dollar serious and now they're selling it for twenty million dollars.
Speaker 1: So it's a time facility. Nice investment, isn't it.
Speaker 4: So what's happening down in Dingley?
Speaker 2: So we've got the Candy Community Center, so it's a it's a massive building. I think there's seventy five percent complete, so end of this year will be moving in, which is really exciting to the boys are hoping we get in before the end of the season because it's brand new facilities and it looks unbelievable.
Speaker 5: Reno has never run on time, mate, it'll be next year.
Speaker 2: Well, I think it's been delayed about eight years.
Speaker 6: Over time.
Speaker 4: How do you m I get in?
Speaker 3: How does expect sit with you and the boys because there's going to be a bit of hype about the Hawks this year and you know what, you've got to embrace it, right, How do you how do you attack season twenty twenty five.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there's definitely a lot of hype US, a hyperbround us this year, and I think I think, just you know, we experienced finals last year and that's where we want to get back to. So I think you just got to embrace it. I think Sam's doing a really good job of embracing the hype around the club. And there's obviously a doco coming up. It's going to be released about us, about our pre season, which is really good. So I think we're just got to embrace it, and yeah, just do our best. As I said, we pride ourselves off hard work, so I think, you know, we just got to play our best foot in and it will come off that.
Speaker 4: That's cool.
Speaker 6: I love that they're doing all these docos behind the scenes. It's like in the Formula one there's.
Speaker 4: Drive to Smart, Roger Federer one of the other they're amazing.
Speaker 6: It's so good to get in because there's a lot of stuff that people don't get to see.
Speaker 5: What's the fed doing, Like it was final the lead up to the final game, I mean it sort of sucks. I knew how it was going to win, but it was like the lead up there.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but it gives you an insight that you don't get to see. When's that coming out?
Speaker 2: He's coming out tomorrow. Yeah, so it's called full sweat, but yeah, it's obviously it's a great experience for I guess the fan, and we want our fans to sort of experience.
Speaker 1: What it's like the four walls of the club.
Speaker 2: And I know if I was a fifteen sixteen year old, i'd love to see what's happening totally.
Speaker 6: Well, speaking of the fans, we've got a fifteen year old on the line who would like to chat to you if you don't mind.
Speaker 4: From Hillside. Have you got a question for Karl?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Hi Kyl?
Speaker 2: What was your first local footy club you played for? My first local footy club was East Andrewham Junior Footy Club. I call it the footy Factory. There's been some christ Jard Joe Watson.
Speaker 4: Wow, here you go.
Speaker 5: I think I've gone there to use the like the barbecue there's pretty good on the weekends.
Speaker 4: Can you just pop down for the sausage to.
Speaker 5: Support the local Joe?
Speaker 3: What are you reckon about the Hawks this year? Fire carlism on up? What's a message if you got for him? And his teammates.
Speaker 4: Uh yeah, can you win a chamionship this year?
Speaker 1: That's the plan.
Speaker 4: Appreciated, appreciated, eloquent Joe.
Speaker 5: We're going to hook you up with a club membership, mate, that is your all yours. Let's do packing them April, good morning, good morning.
Speaker 1: Are you well girl?
Speaker 5: We're going to hook you up with a membership as well? Oh amazing? Thank you? Any words for Carl?
Speaker 3: Oh, go well with here?
Speaker 4: Up the Hawkers?
Speaker 1: Huh the last time the Hawks won a flag twenty sixteen? Was it? Sixteen twenty? I've got so many cheers.
Speaker 4: They went through a period where they just kept winning and winning and wining and winning and.
Speaker 3: Flicked their colors up on their polo shirts and they think they're I like the Hawks. Can we just quickly ask Apriel, because yep, Jack Gunston is.
Speaker 1: Big gunners now.
Speaker 3: He's one of the veterans of the Hawthorn footy Guard. You'll probably be listening this morning because he was talking Dunstan.
Speaker 1: What do you think of him?
Speaker 6: Oh? I love him, loved him figures.
Speaker 5: What's a word you'd use to describe him?
Speaker 3: Very well?
Speaker 6: Technically, twenty fifteen was the last year the Hawks on a Premiership. But I think there's many Hawks fans out there that feel like it might be your year.
Speaker 4: Carl, good luck, thank you for joining us. Good Luck for the season, Thanks having me.
Speaker 5: Cheers mate, good luck on.
Speaker 4: Thursday night, Friday, Friday night, Thursday night, have a rest. Friday Night.
Speaker 5: Taken on Sydney. Hopefully they'll be a little bit better than they were in the Grand Final list year. Did they even turn up?
Speaker 3: Oh, Sydney, I reckon, you've got them on Friday night.
Speaker 4: I'm going to be there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Might even back to the Hawks and go Hawks.
Speaker 5: Go on twenty five past. Hey, let's check you around.
Speaker 2: The work, ookay.
Speaker 6: Jason Lauren, Jason Lauren, wake up feeling good on number one hundred.
Speaker 4: Lauren on socials