Speaker 1: This podcast is being recorded and produced on gaddiicol Land.
Speaker 2: We pay our respects to the traditional custodians of this country and elders past present.
Speaker 1: We extend our respect to any First Nations Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people joining.
Speaker 2: Us today, always was, always will be Aboriginal Land. I'm Britney Saunders.
Speaker 1: And I'm alright hey, and this is high Scrollers, the podcast version of your favorite group chat.
Speaker 2: If it's trending, going viral or has your gripped, we're talking about it.
Speaker 1: Coming up in this episode.
Speaker 2: Oh, we play lou Halloween Treckonya's there, I got you?
Speaker 1: Did anyone just then clock on to us reading the wrong thing.
Speaker 2: Surely, sure, surely everyone has to stop acting like me, stop acting dumb.
Speaker 1: We are dressed as one another today, it's.
Speaker 2: Our Halloween episode and feels like a mufty day. So we're a little bit silly, little bit kooky actually.
Speaker 1: Coming up in today's episode. As you all know, I don't cry over anything. Some would say I have no emotions at all, but I have seen a photo on that broke me the fuck down, like tears running down my face.
Speaker 2: I'm going to take you behind the scenes of the TEATK Awards. Because Britney's been nominated for an award, you'll will have to go and vote. But I've actually been to the award shows before and I've got a few little complaints.
Speaker 1: And I don't normally do it because I have no attention span, but I've actually got a movie to recommend you, and it sounds really camped, like everyone needs to go and watch it. It was that good. It could have been in the movies and it wasn't.
Speaker 2: But there was one thing about the streaming platform that you absolutely hate it. Anyway, we'll get it into all of that very soon.
Speaker 1: Excuse me, this is my line. Oh sorry, stop taking over Britney Saunders.
Speaker 2: Bloody hell.
Speaker 1: Sorry, all that more coming up on today's episode anyway, Dear we Endle, is that what you say? Yes, well, I want to take over this episode, well not this episode, but just I've got something i want to say at the very beginning matter. Is that alright with you?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm sure everyone knows, But of course I'm gonna take an opportunity when I get it to promote it even more. Fate is nominated in the TikTok Awards for Business of the Year. So scrollers, I'm gonna need you to get behind me. Click the link in the show notes, go to the Business of the Year section and then find our video and click vote. It's as easy as that, and you can actually do it once a day between now and the thirteenth of November. I've put it in the broadcast channel, I put it everywhere else. Vote for us, please, But on that note, like I do want everyone to vote for us. But it's got me feel in a certain type of way, man, because like I love it, and it's so exciting that we're nominated, and it's so exciting for everyone that's nominated in the awards. But it's just like it does feel like a popularity contest, and I don't know how I feel about that. And I can't take you seriously because also we are dressed up as one another today.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll see it in our broadcast channel and we'll post a reel and things like that.
Speaker 1: I've got a Camilla on let's give them a visual.
Speaker 2: Okay, you've got one of my camilla's on the z Bra Camilla with my big glasses which you've popped the lenses out of so that you can see better, but the big DIAMONDI glasses that I always wear. And then I got Brittaney a bald cap sort of situation because as we know, I'm balding, and there's some wrinkles on the forehead which I.
Speaker 1: Have, and I look their kernel a bit.
Speaker 2: We even put on a fake gap in her teeth, so she just looks absolutely fucked, but I think I look even more fucked. Describe me.
Speaker 1: So you're wearing a fate the label Latag blazer because I just feel like I wear blazers a lot. You've got black tea on underneath. Then you've got some ratty wig that you're wearing backwards because it had a front fringe and I don't have a front fringe. And then we've tucked it behind both of your ears and it's very thick behind the ears, so I feel like it's making your ears like poke out. And we put it back in a bun because I'm always rocking the slick back bun. And then we've just done really big lips on Matt, like we've gone lip liner all the way around, and then some velvet teddy lipstick. They're just one a little signature wing liner Yeah, what do you say you feel like you.
Speaker 2: Look like Tracy Grimshaw or lesbian at a first day at Tafe, just rocking up, especially with the jeans on as well. Like it's oh, anyway, we've done well. So this is our nod to Halloween because a lot of our scrollers were upset when we said we didn't like Halloween, and we still don't like Halloween, but we thought, in true narcissist fashion, why not participate in Halloween but just dress up as one another so we still stay relevant to the conversation exactly. I'm not dressing up as someone else apart from you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, I like it, you know what, I like dressing up. This is fun.
Speaker 2: Yeah. I like dressing up too. It's just Halloween that I don't like. Yeah, piss it off anyway. Yeah, it is a bit of a popularity contest the awards.
Speaker 1: But that's just like it's got me thinking about any like public voted awards, Like it is just like pitting everyone against one another. Yeah, which doesn't feel like morally right, And I guess at the end of the day, like it doesn't. I mean, some people might disagree with me, but it doesn't matter who wins an award and who doesn't kind of thing. Maybe some people have a different mentality, do you know what I mean, how do you feel?
Speaker 2: Well? I think like the TikTok Awards in general are a bit cooked because I'm like, you know, the whole time. It's very different to any other social media platform that we've been a part of over all of the years there's been awards for so for example, the Streamys, the YouTube Awards, or just like online digital awards actually so they're just like run by an external company who just like wants to do that. We've got the aim Co Awards in Australia, which is like the you know, they cover all socials and marketing and things like that. There are those sorts of awards, but then with the TikTok Awards, it's actually run by TikTok, which we've never seen before. We've never seen other platforms like say yes, this is the best creator and this is the best creator. They kind of try and like water it down and keep everyone on the same playing field and act like everyone is on the same level or on their own level or on their own journey. And I think that that's a good idea, Like I think it's quite cooked that TikTok is like best Comedy Creator. Well it's this way, who says the people who voted?
Speaker 3: Sure?
Speaker 2: But why because for example, Maddie McCrae, who is one of my good friends, She's in the Best Comedy Creator thing and I'm voting for her because I think she deserves it, But her audience is very American, and Americans can't vote. Then a lot of vote. You have to be an Australian or New Zealand, I think to be able to access the voting.
Speaker 1: And it's just it's yeah, it's I'm with you. It does feel kind of weird, and like, who's to say that she is the best comedy creator. He used to say that Fate is the best business on TikTok, because like that's subjective to who is the best because according to who the popularity of the accounts that are nominated. And that's why I feel kind of weird about it. And of course, like I was saying on my story last night, like we're going to give it a red hot crack. We're going to try and get our community to vote for us. And we have a wonderful community at Fate and they're all voting for us every day kind of thing. But it just kind of feels wrong, I think, especially because we're in the business category. There's so much more to business than just like making tiktoks, Like that's just the tiny little thing that we do. And yeah, we do TikTok great, like we make great content. There's so much more to business and I just think for me personally, like we're gonna have fun with this, We're gonna remind everyone to vote for us. But you know, at the end of the day, I feel like we win regardless, you know, if we win a TikTok award or not. And I've decided that like if we do having a win, I mean, we're up against some great businesses who have a lot of followers. But I've decided that if we do win, which would be super cool, but again not the end of the world if we don't win, But if we win, I'm going to dedicate my win to all businesses in Australia, especially small businesses, because it's not fucking easy. It's not fun content Ladi da, That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think as well, it's good to note that, like I feel that I'm pretty confident that I'm across everyone when it comes to who's on social media and who's killing it. And I will say I was looking at some of the categories and I went, I've never seen this person in my goddamn life if I don't know who they are, Like who are they?
Speaker 1: Do?
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Like I felt like it was a little bit and I clicked, you know, Comedy Creator of the Year, going, I know exactly who's going to be in here, and then they like weren't in there, and I was like, oh, that's so strange, Like why did they miss out with this random person that I've never heard of before is in there? Because I do feel like I've got my finger on the pulse of who's trending and who's in the community.
Speaker 3: I'm going to all the events and things. You know, a bit different to you.
Speaker 2: You don't really go to those TikTok events and things like that, whereas I'm at all of them, so I.
Speaker 1: Who's in each category. And also the other thing that I question about all awards, like not just the TikTok awards, but any awards where people are up and it's a public vote at the end of the day, is it really the public vote or at the end of the day, to the people behind this, just go like, we can pick whoever the fuck we want to win, because it's not like they share how many votes everyone got.
Speaker 2: No, I think for TikTok though, they're pretty on the money with it's a public vote because last year at the TikTok Awards there were some real fucking sorry idiots who Yeah, eat your lollies, that's fine. It feels like an end of year class party at the moment because we're both dressed up. It's like Mufty Day. So I'm in a silly mood. So you can eat all the lollies you want, you know what I mean? Did you bring a gold cone donation for the gold cone of gold coin donation Ford Stuart House Dolphins? Do you remember the Stuart House Dolphins. Yes, I'd want to collect them all, clip them all on.
Speaker 1: Something really dumb.
Speaker 2: What I'll eat a lolli too.
Speaker 1: Then you go, okay, wait, I'm chewing and they're really hard.
Speaker 2: I know.
Speaker 3: Why'd you get these ones?
Speaker 2: You need to get ones at the easy No, although they are No, they're called smooth chews, not soft cheese. Thank you Natural Confectory Company for making them know because they're delicious.
Speaker 3: TikTok Awards exciting. Have you got a plus one?
Speaker 1: They haven't said. I don't think, oh you.
Speaker 2: Would, because here's how it works. The front few rows are reserved for all the award winners. And last year I went and they had me. They wanted me to do this thing for the beginning of the show. And the show obviously gets live streamed online and everything and everyone watching.
Speaker 1: It's also streamed on Binge or something, isn't it. It's streamed on like one of the platforms.
Speaker 2: Yeah. So basically they do this like it's a whole big performance sort of thing. And they had this performance at the opening and I'm in heels and everything like that, and they're like, Okay, so what you're gonna do is you're going to run down through this aisle and then run this way and then run that way. I said, fucked if I am gonna do any of that, darlin, I'm in heels. There's no way I'm running. And how I'm flattering being broadcast on national bloody social media.
Speaker 1: You're stacking it down the middle. Oh no, it's all the people that are there. It's all the dominees in the front. And then is it like fans or is it only industry.
Speaker 2: I think it's I think it's majority industry. They may give away a couple fan I think. I remember last year on the radio then being like.
Speaker 3: You can go to the Tiktog Awards. Call me now and I'll give your ticket.
Speaker 2: Oh ye, But majority is just like a lot of TikTokers and then a lot of brands and brands who work closely with TikTok. But basically it's just general admission everywhere else. And they had us because we're part of the show. They had us. They wanted the audience to look full, so they put us in the back rows of the whole venue. So not only was I running in heels, I said, fuck if I'm sitting in the back, bloody rodar, I'll be down on the floor, thank you, And so I finessed my way into the fourth throw.
Speaker 1: I remember watching it on TikTok last year because it's live broadcasted on TikTok, and like the setup is pretty cool, like if you jump on the TikTok account, like on the night of the awards, like it's live stream from their account, but it's every different angle, like they change camera angles, they go to the stage, they go to the audience. Like it's pretty cool and I can only imagine that it's going to be better than last year.
Speaker 2: Oh it's filmed like the Grammys, though they've got the big cranes. It's in the Horde and Pavilion, so it's like it's it's massive, Like yeah, you know when we went to the Acres, Actually the Acres was probably not even on the same level. Like this is like a full on production and like they've got the cranes, they've got the drones, they've got different cameras, there's different people on different stages. Blah blah blah.
Speaker 1: I'll tell you what I feel like, you've got to be careful of, well, not you, but like me or anyone else, your face if you don't win the award.
Speaker 2: Yeah yeah, like you.
Speaker 3: But also have a viral moment and.
Speaker 1: What meat has gone? Fuck?
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, chuck a tantrum? How funny?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Okay, Well, if you get a plass one, I'll sit with you because that guarantees me. Like front or second row, I think business might be in the second row, So it'd be nice.
Speaker 1: Surely I could just say, can I have like three people come?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Why not?
Speaker 1: You're coming?
Speaker 2: Good? Thank you?
Speaker 1: They invite you anyway, No, they'll invite me anyway.
Speaker 2: But I just don't want to sit.
Speaker 1: Up with the bat Okay, you want to be one of my plugies?
Speaker 2: Feel like, you know, I've paid my dues to be closer. They need a whole And where's the bloody you know, not the in memoriam section. What's the section where they give a legacy award? Where's the legacy award dulling? Because I deserve that surely.
Speaker 1: And why didn't they contact us to host it?
Speaker 2: Look, TikTok's very incestual, like it's very much in what whoever? This is why Instagram is I love Instagram so much more. Is because Instagram just includes everybody, and no matter what level you're at, you're always welcome and you know they'll always help you. TikTok is like we only look after the people with ten millions of followers and one million two million followers. You need help, good luck, can't be bothered Like I've never gotten through to TikTok and got the help that I've needed as a creator with I don't even know how many followers I have over there, but it's nowhere close to like the people who have lots and lots and lots. And then like for example, like your cat Clark's win, you know, Creator of the Year, and so then they host the next year.
Speaker 1: But then she's up against me in the business category for her skincare brand, but she's also the host. And one last year, oh, she's in the business category for her new skincare.
Speaker 2: Business, yeah right, which she's hosting.
Speaker 1: Then and one last year.
Speaker 2: Not her announcing her so as the winner of the award, but Indy Clinton got Creator of the Year as well, she's now hosting. And then Robert Irwin that's a new one. But I don't know if I find TikTok Verry. They've got their core people, yeah, that they always work with and that they prioritize, and no one else can get on board unless you win a fucking award. So there's a part as well on the red carpet sometimes where they'll have someone hosting interviewing creators coming through and I'm going, oh, I'll jump up there and have a chat, and they're like, no, that's fine. And I'm like, well, okay, no worries, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: So, oh, you're going to come with me and we're going to be there together and we're going to get interviewed.
Speaker 2: Good. I'm glad both of us together. I mean, love TikTok if they ever want to give me an opportunity, But also they haven't so far.
Speaker 1: So so the actual awards night for anyone that wants to tune in, I believe is it twenty seventh of November. It is a Wednesday evening, so make sure I think it's on Binge. It can't be one hundred percent sure, but it'll be on the TikTok are you account? And then it's streamed on like Binge or something as well in because you'll see Maddie and I there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and I think things might be different this year. I don't know what to expect because everyone at TikTok just got made redundant. No not long ago or they all left as well. So like for TikTok Australia, shit, yeah they were. They had a big overhaul because.
Speaker 3: They're prioritizing now live creators from my understanding, And the weirdest part is I feel like a few, like a year or two ago, live creators, like people who went live on TikTok. I recognize them all, and you know, it was a lot of fun. And I mean there was a lot of drama as well, but it was a lot of fun. I never really I don't love going live, but I did watch a lot of live content on TikTok. But now I scroll through and I've just got random, random lady out in the middle of woo woop nowhere smoking and drinking on TikTok Live, complaining about this, that and everything, and I click in.
Speaker 2: There's only three viewers on it. They're all the ones that keep getting suggested to me.
Speaker 3: It's weird and just people just.
Speaker 2: Like laying in bed being like, hey, like, no one's doing anything interesting to do really interesting stuff on TikTok Live and now it's just not that interesting to me. But that's what they want to prioritize. So yeah, they did a big restructure. From my understanding, in TikTok Australia, at least a lot of people have now left. And so you know, I had a contact who was always great with anything that I needed. They helped me out a lot if I had an issue or question, and they always made sure I was invited to the events and things like that.
Speaker 3: Love them, but they've left.
Speaker 2: Now I'm like, I've got no fucking clue who to contact if I've got a problem. God forbid, something happens. Touch would knock knock, bitch, Like, hopefully nothing happens to my account, because I wouldn't know what to do. I wouldn't know who to contact. It's a stark difference to Instagram, who are so hands on and we'll go above and beyond to like help us out if we have an issue. That's my one petty grit with TikTok is there's just I just don't feel connected to their team like I have. Even back in the day with YouTube they were great. They were very hands on, they were always telling us best practices, blah blah blah. I don't feel any of that from TikTok as a creator. So sorry, And if someone from TikTok wants to reach out and say, hey, so sorry, because maybe I'm the only one they just have forgotten about me and I'm the only one experiencing me.
Speaker 1: I'm only talking to these people because we got nominated. But that's the first time I've ever spoken to someone from TikTok.
Speaker 2: So it's hard as a creator because you're like, I don't know what the Literally still to this day, I will post a video and go, I've got an idea. If this is going to get two hundred views or two hundred thousand, I.
Speaker 1: Just it's a weird app. You can't pick it.
Speaker 2: TikTok's very throw shit at the wall and see what sticks. The majority of it, thank god sticks.
Speaker 1: Well, let's get on to our royal flush of the week. Mine's just a simple, easy one, Matt. I've got two parts of it though, Okay, okay, So my royal flush is AJ and I watched a movie and we actually really enjoyed it.
Speaker 2: What was that.
Speaker 1: The movie is called Jackpot and it's on Amazon Prime. I had never had Amazon Prime. I don't even know why we got it. I don't know. I got it for some reason. And then we saw this movie on there. It has John Cena. John Sena is the main guy. We watched it from start to finish, all the way through, and it was just like a cheesy, funny comedy that's like a little bit heartfelt and it's dumb all at the same time, but it's been a really long time since I have just actually given my full attention to a movie. Like I feel like movies are just not the way they used to be, or maybe our attention spans are clearly very different. I also loved the whole theme and storyline of the movie. If you don't want any spoilers, maybe just skip ahead like a couple of minutes. But I just want to give you the overview of what the movie is because it was kind of giving like hunger games like could potentially become true in the future. So you know, you know, I love and I'm like, I'm going a day. Do you reckon this is going to happen in the future?
Speaker 3: Did you see that the cemetery?
Speaker 2: A lot of our last week's wait they hated the idea.
Speaker 1: Yeah, some hate, some love, but.
Speaker 3: They said there's already shows.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I need to go watch that.
Speaker 2: And apparently it already exists somewhere as well something similar.
Speaker 1: Yah. It turns out I'm not a genius after all. So anyway, John Sen is the main guy in this movie, and the whole theme of it is that there is this lottery game that comes out, and you can buy a lottery ticket and then you get this little ticket and then someone out of the lottery like it counts down ready to announce the person that's like one, but they haven't won yet, and then their face comes up on everyone's little jackpot card. And then they've just got to survive. I mean, this was two weeks ago that we watch it. They've got to survive until a certain time has run out, like let's say it's twenty four hours. They've got to survive. And if you survive, then you win whatever the jackpot amount is. And each time that someone new gets announced, the jackpot goes up, kind of thing like a lotto and so base this.
Speaker 2: Actually sounds incredible, yes.
Speaker 1: Like it's really good. So this girl accidentally gets her hands on a jackpot like card like it wasn't hers. She triggers it with her finger because it's like an ai thing. She becomes like the next potential winner. Then the whole world is after you, like they are gonna come kill you, and there's drones flying in the sky following you every move. Everyone gets alerts of where the person is. And the whole thing is you've got to try and last that twenty four hours or however long it is. If you make it all the way through to the end, you win. And it was like a billion and something dollars that she wins.
Speaker 3: That is so cam Yeah, and it was actually all about that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it was actually a really good movie. I highly recommend it. John Cena was great in it. Funny, cheesy, dumb, hilarious, sweet at some moments, like really cute moments between the main actress and John Cena, and I just would highly recommend it. So that's my royal flush. But I need to also say I don't know what I download it Amazon Prime for, but I said.
Speaker 2: Probably for Amazon like Prime delivery, because it's all connected, Like, did you get it for your business?
Speaker 1: No, So I've got it on my phone, but I know we were on the TV for some reason. I subscribed to it on there. Probably got two fucking accounts, now, I don't know. So I love the Amazon app. I buy it on Amazon all the time, but I've never watched Amazon Prime video.
Speaker 2: Wait, but when you buy stuff on Amazon, are you an Amazon Prime member?
Speaker 1: So I probably just accidentally signed up.
Speaker 3: Cancel the other one because it's included.
Speaker 1: Okay, Well, Anyway, I've never watched something on Amazon Prime before, so this is our first time A do and I watching it on the lounge. Now, this is the one thing I don't like. Oh, we must have been watching a show, because it definitely wasn't in the movie, but we were watching a show on Oh, this is what I downloaded it for the fucking Office Australia. Oh that's why I downloaded Amazon Prime. Okay, And when I was watching The Office Australia.
Speaker 3: Which what did you think, I haven't seen it yet.
Speaker 1: I watched the whole season. It was really terrible, the whole first season, only twenty minute episodes. The US version is one of my favorite shows of all time, so I was comparing it to that a lot. The first few episodes were absolutely cringe and shit, it's got really bad reviews online. But I warmed up to it a little bit towards the end and like finished it all. But don't compare it to the US version because it's not the same, Like, no one near is good. Anyway, as I was watching that and love you Amazon, like lover use it all the time for shopping. This program is ad free. After this thirty second ad, then it plays a thirty second ad, then the episode plays, then that finishes, and the next ad comes on. This program is ad free thanks to our sponsors at blah blah blah. Here's two short ads before it becomes ad free.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've paid for Amazon Prime to watch the shows and for it to be ad free. I'm probably tarnishing any potential future collab rations with Amazon between Maybe I don't care. They're literally like, this program is had free after this short message and it's two ads and it's like Booper Healthcare or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but the actual program is ad free.
Speaker 1: Yeh, but that's how they get away with it. But there's fucking ads in between every episode.
Speaker 3: Can you pay more and not have ads?
Speaker 1: I don't know, but I've just again, this is my first time downloading it. I'm used to watching like Netflix and stuff that has no ads.
Speaker 2: Well, Netflix is bringing in ads, are they? Yeah, they're bringing in the ads.
Speaker 1: Fucking hell?
Speaker 2: Oh no, maybe sorry, they've brought in the version where you pay less but you have ads. I think that's what, right?
Speaker 1: So yeah, I think it weird Like a jan and I would finish the episode. This episode is ad free after this short message that it said message, but it's two ads. Then it's like the Quakers, you know those ads at the moment, the animated Quakers. I don't know what is healthcare? And I'm like, these are ads, these are not messages, and this is not ad free, but the episode is ad free because there's no ads throughout it. Anyway, That's just my little gripe with Amazon Prime Video. Fair but watch Jackpop Movie?
Speaker 2: What else is on Amazon Prime that I love? I don't know if I have any recommendations, I'll have to have a look. I haven't watched any streaming in a really really long time except hey you at the moment.
Speaker 3: I always make sure I keep up with them a real housewise.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's good for all the but I feel reality.
Speaker 2: Shows, I know, I feel so far behind on all my others, even stand with drag Race. I haven't been doing the drag Race.
Speaker 1: I saw like I think it might even literally be like today is it Love Island Australia the new season starting? Have you ever watched that?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I did, never watched it, but I thought I might this year.
Speaker 2: The first season I watched, and I think it's actually the only season I watched is the one where Claudia and.
Speaker 3: Austin won no idea never maybe I watched.
Speaker 2: One the one before that as well. Maybe I watched the year before as well. Yeah, because remember Sky and I went through our phase of right, we never bloody watched tea. We're so out of the loop in popcors. So, you know, reality TV talk apart from our Bravo shows, like you know, when someone goes Love Island Australia, we had never watched it. We were like, right, this year we're watching all the reality shows and we started with Love Island Autralia, which we actually loved, absolutely loved it.
Speaker 1: I might give it a go this year. I've never watched it. Oh really, not watched any Love Islands. But isn't the UK one way better than the Australian one?
Speaker 2: Oh? Probably? But isn't everything from the UK better? Because we just love watching them? And you know what what annoys me is lately on my for you page Actually I'll swap my role flush right now, Okay, swap my role flush. It's going to be something else, but I'm swapping it too, big brother. UK clips are coming up on my TikTok constantly and I am loving watching all of the drama unfold in the house, so it is like OG Australian Big Brother, so that don do the stupid challenges and blah blah blah, which of course we know the OG version is apparently coming back. I don't know if they're going to do it justice or not. I really hope it's not overproduced and whatnot. But the UK Big Brother is still just exactly the same.
Speaker 1: By the way, a guy just walk past and look straight in at.
Speaker 2: Me, oh, dressed as me. Oh, he would have looked at me and gone, oh, she's all right, Sheila over there norms. But where was I going with that Big Brother UK? The clips and the banter between the housemates, because I feel with like Australian Big Brother when it was what it was like, Yes, there was a bit of drama, but they don't go at each other. These UK housemates they really attack each other like they go at it. They don't care. They're like, don't try me, let's fucking go. I mean accept a bit more less Bogan than that, bit more UK than that, but it's the best. I don't know if it's coming up on your for you page at all, I haven't seen You'll have to do a deep dive one that's coming to the top of my mind that I loved unwrapping.
Speaker 1: I'm just laughing at the way you look right now.
Speaker 2: Because I'm trying to present like Tracy Grimshaw, because that's what I'm feeling, like, you're.
Speaker 1: Being a bit more serious. It's the blazer, Yeah, bring the blazer.
Speaker 2: It's the square shoulders, you know. So one of the rules on Big Brother is you can't write messages to each other. And somebody wrote their name, like scratched their name into the door, and so Big Brother took that as you're writing messages to each other, even though it was.
Speaker 1: And I think so they're not allowed to give each other secret messages that the cameras and Mike's kind of so.
Speaker 2: She just wrote her name, like in the smoking area because they've got a smoking area, which I don't know if the Australian one would have, but we I don't think we ever saw a smoking area, but in the UK one literally you.
Speaker 1: Would have a smoking area, but it's like offset.
Speaker 2: Well, I think that Australian producers are so crazy that they might say no smoking at all, and that would send people a little insane. Imagine going in into that new environment and also having to come off nicotine at the same time. Maybe they've got some nicarect done or something like that that they can take in with them. But I don't remember ever knowing about smoking or anything. In the Big Brother.
Speaker 1: They smoke on the show.
Speaker 2: Yeah, in the UK one, they're all sitting there having a fag on the bench, gas bagging and anyway, they've written in the smoking area, they've written their name on the door, and then anyway Big Brother comes over the speaker and he's like, all housemates to the lounge immediately, and he's like, someone has been writing secret messages. And the girl who did it goes, who's done that? And then they go. Big Brother was like, it was you. You wrote a message in the and she's like, I just wrote my name and then she's like, immediately, I need all tea and coffee to be brought to the diary room. No tea or coffee for a week, and then Big Brother just lists off all these luxury items, so they basically have to live off literally rice and pasta for a week. And oh, they kick off and it is the best thing ever. They all have a bit of a mental breakdown about it. But then there's some people as well, going.
Speaker 3: You know, I don't know, just calm down, imagine how bad she feels.
Speaker 2: And they're going, I don't care, blah blah blah. Oh my god, it's great, it's great.
Speaker 1: I I need to watch it, like I actually watch the series.
Speaker 2: I can't wait for more videos to come up because they just seem like some of the most chaotic housemates I've ever seen, and I'm loving it. But that wasn't going to be my royal flush. But I'll save my royal flush for another time.
Speaker 1: Okay, Matt, I've got something to show you. Okay, So, as you know, I'm cold hearted bitch.
Speaker 2: Oh yeah, especially today dressed as me, you look like a fucking see you next Tuesday.
Speaker 1: Say that because no, so I'm not a cold hearted bitch, but I'm not like an emotional girlie.
Speaker 3: No.
Speaker 2: In fact, earlier today, it's being Halloween. That's why we were dressed up. Earlier today we pranked Brittany and it didn't really go according to plan because I had this scary mask on. I sat behind the curtains. You'll see this video somewhere on socials, either on the high scrollers TikTok or our Instagram account and that we'll put it in the broadcast channel. But basically we pranked Britney because remember last time I was pranked, so it was Britney's turn to get pranked. And I, I was saying to the Novotine when they came up with this idea, I was like, I just don't think this is going to work, like she just has like no emotion when it comes to these things, like I'm going to do this. So what they wanted me to do was put on a scary mask, hide behind a curtain, and then jump out and scare Brittany. And the whole thing was that our producer here, Ellie, was going to get Brittany to stand there film a video, yes, in front of the curtain, and then I was to pop out from behind the curtain and scare her. And I did, and Brittany literally just looked at me and went what the fuck.
Speaker 1: I moved my hands a little bit, like you started me a bit, but I didn't have any reaction. And I will say as well, you know what when we went in there, because we went to this little room next to our podcast studio, and when the girl who's also named Britney, So just over there against the curtain, I did think, what an ugly spot to film in, but I didn't want to say anything because it was for her video and I was just doing a Hi. I'm Britney Saunders and I'm the host of Big Business and High Scrollers, and I was thinking this is bad lighting and a bad spot. But she's the new social media girl, so I didn't want to say, oh, should we film over there? But imagine if I did, imagine, I was like, the lighting, shit here whatever, and Matt's behind the fucking curtain. Well anyway, Look, I'm not an emotional person. I think everyone knows that. Surely I don't cry over anything. I think I'm the kind of person where I don't get upset over things. I don't get emotional. The things that do make my eyes water is like really happy moments, yes, like or like overwhelmingly happy moments like when we open a Fate store and I see everyone lining up outside. That'll make me feel emotional, but otherwise, like I don't get sad over things, but like a really happy movie or something like, that's when I will feel like emotions. But otherwise, like I'm just consistent, I would say as a person anyway. The other night, so as you all know, I scroll through like the Reddit homepage at night, just reading whatever pops up. Like on the Reddit homepage. It's not like catered to you, like a TikTok for you pages like you just scroll through. It's like news, popular things, whatever, random things. It's just like suggesting all these Reddit threads to you. And this picture popped up and it stopped me in my scroll. I'm not going to tell you what the picture is, Matt, because I just want you to look at it, and I just want to get your reaction. Okay, But I saw this photo and I stopped and I like tapped on it to make it bigger, and I like zoomed in a little bit and zoomed out. And I was laying in bed by myself. AJ was out on the lounge, and I started like tears, bawling and rolling down my face.
Speaker 2: Do you want to text it to me so you don't have to come over here and you can do your own reaction.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, I don't want to look at it again. But I fucking saved it. I was so emotional, was in bed crying. I never cried like AJ does not see me crying like ever, he's probably seen me crying like three or four times in like the seven years we've been together. I walked out to the fucking lounge room in tears with my phone in my hand, and AG's like, what's wrong? Like he must have thought someone's died, And I told him I've just seen it photo that's like shook me. And I showed him and did he cry? No?
Speaker 3: No, I don't think I'm going to I don't think.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm not going to tell anyone.
Speaker 2: And do I describe it or do I just look at it? What happens? Do I just look at it and get my reaction then we can describe it.
Speaker 1: Okay, I'm going to send it to you now on Facebook. Okay, I just want to get your reaction and then we'll explain what the photo is.
Speaker 2: Okay, scent, here we go. I'm opening the photo now, I mean, yeah, that is really sad. I am nowhere close to tears.
Speaker 1: Though, but zoom in and just like.
Speaker 3: No, I'm looking, I can see. Should we describe it now?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Okay, So the photo that broke me, it's like from a wildlife photophore.
Speaker 3: Should we give Ellie again.
Speaker 1: Ellie, you have a look first and tell us wait, Ellie, put your microphone on because we need your reaction if there is going to be one. Are you scared scared?
Speaker 3: I'm not scared.
Speaker 2: Might just be different because Ellie's a mum.
Speaker 1: I actually don't really understand what it is.
Speaker 2: We'll zoom into the to the monkey.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, Oh my god, that is so sad.
Speaker 2: I was.
Speaker 1: Not going to cry, but I'm going to think about that at two am.
Speaker 2: That's the thing.
Speaker 1: So this image has stuck with me. Okay, so we're gonna describe it for you. You know, people do wildlife photography out in Africa and everything, and they take amazing photos of the animals. It's just like a photo of a leopard. Is a leopard. It's a leopard out in the wild, we all know. Is it like the circle of life or the chain whatever you call it? Food chain. So it's a leopard walking and it's got a monkey in its mouth. Trigger warning. It's got a monkey in its mouth, and the monkey's sadly already dead by the looks of it, and it's carrying its food in its mouth but wrapped around the belly of the monkey is its baby, and the baby's still alive and it looks so scared for dear life. Yeah, and then the caption is a mother's loss, a baby's hope. The wild's harsh reality that broke me down. I took this out to a pulling my eye down. He's like, what's wrong. He probably thought like someone has died, and I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, I just saw this photo or lie and this is the saddest thing I've ever seen in my life.
Speaker 1: And he's like, show me. I shoudered to him, and he looked, and he did look really sad, but then he looked at me and burst out laughing, and he's like, give me a hug. He's like, it's all right. It's just the circle of life. And it starts out and I'm like, but the baby, it's mom's dead and it's carrying on, it's clinging on it like it's so fucking sad.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh yeah, it's sad, but.
Speaker 1: That poor baby's mom is dead and it is just clinging onto its poor mom that's dead. And also that baby's gonna go get killed.
Speaker 3: Say Larva, Oh.
Speaker 1: It's the same mean And for any of you listening.
Speaker 2: Google girls say, Larva, if I said the right thing, cest Levy, that's.
Speaker 1: Lie I know, was explaining. He's like, it's all right, that's what happens out in there because that's the food for.
Speaker 2: That's exactly right. Then the leopards babies would be starving.
Speaker 1: The baby monkey looks terrified. I can't fucking look at that photo because that has ruined me. Don't I don't want to see it. Oh it's that same there's other angles. Fuck, and you know that rocked me.
Speaker 2: No, you know what, we don't know what could have happened. And let me tell you A picture says that it does.
Speaker 1: And that picture says everything I need to know.
Speaker 2: Well, my picture says what's happened here is the leopard has had the mum. The mum has provided for the leopards family. The leopard has seen the baby monkey and gone, oh, I didn't mean to get you. What I'll do is I'll raise you as a leopard.
Speaker 1: I hope that's what happened.
Speaker 2: Is actually living as a leopard. And they every morning they get up and they make a little bit of mud and put some water in, some dirt, makes some mud. They put some little spots on that little baby.
Speaker 1: That makes me feel better because I hope that's what's happened, because that that ruined me. I was crying all night. I kept thinking about it. I couldn't go back and look at the photo for anyone that's in our broadcast channel.
Speaker 2: No, you're not posting in there, surely not.
Speaker 1: I'm gonna do a pole and ask do you want to see the photo or not? I will say it's not gruesome, like there's no blood or anything. The mom just looks like she's asleep and the baby's just clinging on. There's no blood, there's no gore. But yeah, that rocked me.
Speaker 2: Oh here we go, Here we go, Here we go.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, oh my god.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, oh my god, oh my god. No, don't read it, Brittany, you're going to be so sad. Remember we've made up what happened. We made up that baby.
Speaker 1: I haven't read. Do I not want to?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 3: No, that baby's living as a leopard.
Speaker 2: It's getting painted off that screen.
Speaker 1: I don't want to run.
Speaker 2: I'll read it. I'll read it to the scroll as it said, read it. You need to put your mic away. The leopard took both animals back to her own car. The young leopard played with the baby baboon for an hour before killing it. Done.
Speaker 1: Literally had my ears so blocked with my fingers. Then I've got ewax, all go.
Speaker 2: That's what that was, what the story? So that so the scroll has just got the real end of the story. But in your head, Brittany and for anyone.
Speaker 1: That monkey baby is now part of the leopard family. And that shook me and rocked me. And I had a mental breakdown over that, okay, and nothing else, poor Ajs, Like what the fuck is anyway? You know what? I might not posting the broadcast channel, but literally just look up on Google reddit leopard baby monkey and you'll find it and let me know what you think in the broadcast channel. Put a little message in the broadcast and I'll say, what do you think of the photo? Because now I hate leopards?
Speaker 2: Oh really? Yeah?
Speaker 3: Interesting?
Speaker 1: Yep, But that's just a circle of life, isn't it.
Speaker 3: What's the other one that you saw?
Speaker 1: Oh? I saw something else, Matt on Reddit that's completely different. And I saw it again just scrolling on the random reddit fucking page. It's in the pop culture chat reddit thread.
Speaker 2: Nice and there is.
Speaker 1: A costume competition and I saw all these photos and I thought Matt would love this. And I've never heard of it. I'm sure you never have. And it's called Miss Grand International twenty twenty four National Costume Competition and contestants from every like all different parts of the world come in and have a costume that kind of represents I don't know if it's their like country or whatever. And they've just like shared an album of all the costumes, like that's Australia. And I just thought Matt's gonna see this and think that is camp. It's giving really creative.
Speaker 2: Yeah, yeah, it's giving camp.
Speaker 1: Scroll through and look at someone the No, look at the UK one like, I'm sorry, but they're putting the RuPaul's drag race to shame.
Speaker 3: So what are these drag queens?
Speaker 1: No?
Speaker 3: All Canada's is fantastic, Colombia's is so nice.
Speaker 1: Why is no one talking about this?
Speaker 2: Where's UK? Oh? Guatemala? Wow, Okay, I'm skipping through just to get to the UK because he said UK's looks amazing like teacups.
Speaker 1: It's an English breakfast stress.
Speaker 2: Oh that is so camp.
Speaker 1: Why is no one on mainstream media talking about this?
Speaker 2: Competition USA boring, it's.
Speaker 1: Amazing anyway, everyone looked that up as well after.
Speaker 2: Miss Grand International twenty twenty four National Costume competition. So are they drag queens?
Speaker 1: I don't know. I just saw that and thought, why is no one talking about that? Because that's like RuPaul's Drag Race, but on drugs. So I thought of you again. I'm just always thinking of you, Matt.
Speaker 2: That's lovely.
Speaker 1: So those are my two discoveries from Reddit.
Speaker 3: So I'm certifying that one Camp.
Speaker 2: So the first photo we talked about NAF second photos we talked about Camp.
Speaker 3: Oh what a big show? Can you say? You're line?
Speaker 1: Yep, that's another episode done?
Speaker 2: And Dustin, yeah, you just look. I cannot take you seriously, scholars, if you haven't seen us stressed as each other, go check out the broadcast channel, which last week wasn't working for me, but it is now I'm back online, so I worked out what it is. So basically, here's the thing. When I would go into it, it would pop up with a message saying you've hit four thousand members, so you know, make a post to congratulate you for getting four thousand members, and then the app would crash. So Now that we've hit four point one k members, it doesn't come up with that message anymore. So I'm fortunately my other group chat Dahals, which is just for all my followers. It is currently at like three thousand members or something, and so it's coming up with that milestone message as well. So I need people to go and join that. Oh fuck, I didn't promote my thing at the start of the episode Christmas Show. Oh my god. Sorry everyone, I'm hopeless. Now that we're at the end of the episode of Maze or promo at here, I'm doing a little mini tour with Mitchell Coombs. We're doing I Can't be Bothered Christmas with the Gay Grinches. It's a Christmas themed comedy show. It's going to be camp and it's this December. I don't know the details gone figure it out, but we're only coming to Brisbane, Melbourne and Sydney and you can get your tickets right now. Tickets are selling so well, it's actually crazy. I'm very excited for it and very stoked with the response that we've had from everybody.
Speaker 3: So yeah, the link will be down below.
Speaker 2: But also don't forget to go and vote for Brittany in the Business of the Year TikTok Award category. Apart from that, I don't think there's anything else to say. Thanks for listening. We'll see on Friday or with close friends, which, by the way, we're going to talk all about the weekend my thirtieth birthday extravaganza. I know you're all waiting for the tea. You'll get all of that in close friends this Friday. So thanks for listening. Scrollers, do you want to say anything like.
Speaker 1: Subscribed share cars channel. That's where the conversation will continue.
Speaker 2: Anyway, Dahla, better let you go. I got this costume on. Better go open that Parramatta store.