Speaker 1: Lately.
Speaker 2: General, welcome the late base.
Speaker 3: Well, thanks for joining us for a brand new week. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Staer and Caleb Bond. We've got a lot to get through tonight, including Florida police who catch a car thief and then taunt him online.
Speaker 4: Appropriate or inappropriate.
Speaker 3: We'll show you the video and you can decide. Plus, when we look at what's making news tomorrow, The Australian has got a front page exclusive detailing just how bad the economy is under Jim Chalmers spoiler alert. It's worse than you could possibly imagine. And you know those protests in Newcastle yesterday with the climate change protesters. One of the people arrested was released on bail despite the fact she had sixteen previous charges for similar offenses. All of that when we look at the papers. You know, I always thought it was the job of police to protect the public, but a UK police policy ours transgendered officers to strip search women risks, turning police from protectors into predators. The British Transport Police policy means that male officers who identify as female can require a woman to strip naked and then submit to a search. Now critics are calling it state sanctioned sexual abuse, and it's pretty easy to understand why. But when all of this came to public attention, unbelievably the police have defended the policy saying it's in line with equality laws.
Speaker 4: Can you believe it? That just goes to demonstrate how.
Speaker 3: Badly abused the word equality is these days.
Speaker 4: In addition, police.
Speaker 3: Said, well, a woman always has the right to object if she feels uncomfortable, which puts the onus on the woman to protect herself from the police. And that's if she realizes in time that she's being strip searched by a biological male. In a addition, if she's got the courage to challenge a police officer who's arresting her when she's in a very vulnerable position. The other thing that occurs to me, Lizen Caleb, is that if you question the sex of a police officer who's arresting you in the UK the way things are, you're likely to be charged with a hate crime to go along with your strip search. This risks the safety of women, It brings the reputation of the police force into disrepute, and as I said, instead of seeing police as protectors, it invites the public to imagine police officers as predators.
Speaker 4: It almost feels like the whole world has lost its mind.
Speaker 3: Police officer Sky Marden, who identifies as a woman, also thinks that the world has lost its mind, except we both can't be right. I'll let you watch and you can work out who's right.
Speaker 1: We are capable of so many amazing things.
Speaker 2: But yet.
Speaker 1: Twenty twenty three we can fly helicopters Thune lass. But yet the minutes somebody says, Hi, I'm trans I'm not binary, I'm just different.
Speaker 2: The world it loses its.
Speaker 4: Mind, lose. It's hard to disagree.
Speaker 3: The world has certainly lost its mind, just not quite in the way Officer Marden might imagine.
Speaker 5: May if that guy tried to strip search me, one of us would be leaving that encounter with no teeth and a permanent limp, and it would not be me. Honestly, I know we are the weakest ex ladies, but it's amazing what adrenaline can do. The fact that the Transport Police have tried this on when the National Police the NCCP tried this on in January and were forced to withdraw it because the Tory government at the time a bit different now that we're four and a half months into a chair Starmer government, the Tory government at the time, I'm kicked up such a fuss that the NCCP said, oh okay, look we'll withdraw that the Transport Police have done this in the knowledge that that is what happened in January. So I hope very much that Brits rally once again and make sure they kick up enough of a storm.
Speaker 2: To turn this over.
Speaker 5: Also, the question that absolutely boggles me every time something like this happens is who is making these decisions. It's always nameless, faceless bureaucrats.
Speaker 6: It's always this invisible higher up.
Speaker 5: So no one gets blamed, no one gets shamed, no one gets named when something inevitably goes wrong.
Speaker 6: Down the track.
Speaker 5: And isn't this a galling reminder? In the UK it's called the Gender Recognition Act, so that's what the Transport Police are referring to when they say, well, look, this is just in line with the current laws. This is a galling reminder that when each of our states pasts exactly the same legislation saying you can change your birth certificate to reflect whatever gender you think you are at the time, and everyone was told, were we all told, Oh, what harm is it going to be?
Speaker 6: It's just a piece of paper.
Speaker 5: This goes to show you that's what the police are relying on. They're saying, Look, if they've changed their birth certificate or they have one of those gender change recognition pieces of paper, that means they identify as a female, and they get to feel women up under the guise of a strip search, Whether women like it or not, it is utterly outrageous. How much time and effort, the legislation, the debates, the very fact that we're talking about it yet again this evening. How much time governments and media are spending on such a tiny minority the population. But when fifty percent of us know that our rights are being absolutely rail roaded by this tiny percentage, we've got no choice but to fight for basic reality.
Speaker 2: If I may briefly interrupt a serious discussion which I will come back to for small moment of levity, are we really taking advice on these sorts of things from someone who thinks that we're flying helicopters on Mars. Here is a police officer sky Morden. Again.
Speaker 7: You know we can fly helicopters on Mars. But the minute somebody says I'm trans, I just want to go and buy a pint of milk and be myself and not cause anybody any grief. The word literally seems to me to lose its MinC.
Speaker 2: I mean, if you can find me the job application to go and fly helicopters on Mars, I'm all on board with it. But we had this discussion last week about to the first transgender person who's been elected to Congress in the US, and there was a real put forward to strict women's toilets for funnily enough biological women, and there was this great human cry about that, No, is it discrimination, et cetera. And the point I made last week was that you are well within your rights to be a transgender person. I couldn't give two hoots if you were transgender or not. But it is when you start saying I am transgender, therefore my rights trump everyone else's rights that we start to have a problem. And that's what this is talking about. There's no reason you can't be a transgender police officer, but perhaps there's certain duties that you just can't do as a transgender police officer. And if a woman is being stript searched or whatever the search might be by a transgender police officer. I mean, knowing how this stuff is treated, and the fact that according to the coppers, it's all good and well for someone who is a biological male to be searching a woman. Why would you, as a biological woman, actually want to put your hand up and say I'm not comfortable with this, because someone's going to jump down your throat and say that you're discriminating against them. Right. That's the problem here, is that you can't actually stand up again.
Speaker 5: Well, a lot of women because they are very conscientious, and most women will just forbear something that they are wildly uncomfortable with. I'm certainly not one of those, but the wallflower types, people like my mum, would just be utterly.
Speaker 6: Frozen and not know what on earth to do.
Speaker 5: In such a situation. And I would say go so far as to say that would be the majority of women just trying to be polite in the situation, not really sure, Like you say, Mac, no one wants to be that person being like, hang on a minute, are you transgender?
Speaker 6: It is considered wildly polite in.
Speaker 5: Today's society, and yet they're the ones this tiny minority that are allowed to make women feel like, my goodness, we have no rights left when you're allowed to strip searcher.
Speaker 4: How bad it is.
Speaker 3: In twenty twenty two, the UK police actually said if you disagree with gender ideology, you.
Speaker 4: Should not be in the police s force.
Speaker 3: So could you imagine trying to challenge that. But the whole argument is dishonest. For instance, we heard the police officer say, why can't a transgender person just go to the shop and buy a pint of milk? Except're not talking about that. Weactly right, strip search people. So that's a false equivalency. And the other dishonest part, and this is the nub of the issue.
Speaker 4: Whilst everwes we're.
Speaker 3: Insisting that trans women are women, we're always going to have these problems. So you've got to come right back to the basic premise, can you or can you not change your gender? Answer that question and everything flows from that. Exactly, if you get that wrong, everything is wrong. If you get that right, then everything will be right. That's the question that has to be determined once and for all.
Speaker 5: And lastly, the question has to be asked, how many trans transport police do you have UK like or.
Speaker 6: Are your people are your higher ups in that system? Liter just picking apart the shreds.
Speaker 5: Of decency left in society because you can't tell me, oh, we've got hundreds of them and we're standing up for their rights and this is about equality. You've probably got a handful in total if that, And were they even consulted, because if they're decent human beings, they'd say, actually, I'm happy to pass on the strip searching women. I can understand that they would be wildly uncomfortable with that. You've got to ask yourself who is making these decisions.
Speaker 6: Nobody in their right mind would support this.
Speaker 5: Nobody on the street, even the most avid I'm for the trans movement supporter would be like, oh, hang on a minute, yeah, that's a bit, especially if we're talking about DV victims, women who have oh my goodness, I mean.
Speaker 2: Well virchasing bureaucrats is the answer to that. But who would have thought that in the mid twenty twenties, questions like what is a woman would be the things that really bring our politicians unstuck. Speaking of politicians and the UK years, Stamer's government is just going from strength to strength. That would seem they've been in power for about four and a half months now, after sweeping the Tories out of power. It was a landslide, it has to be said. But Britain's are having a little bit of buyer's remorse. They've set up a petition, an official petition on the UK Parliamentary website which now has just shy of two million signatures. Can you believe it, saying we want another general election please. We have had it with this kire two tier kre or a free gear kre as he was called at one point when it came at all these freebes he was taking. We've had enough of his government. If you look at the recent polling. Actually I mean, but you're in night. Four and a half months they have been in power, they're now three points behind the Tories, having four and a half months ago absolutely swept the country. Seventy percent of Britains now say they are worse off under the Starma government and no wonder. I mean the budget that this government handed down. They jacked up the national insurance contributions that employers have to make it similar to income tax. Of course, we told you the story last week about how they're going after farmers in the UK. Family farms will now have to be part of inheritance tax. It is no wonder that people in the UK would be saying, get us the hell out of here. And you can addenter that one of the other promises they made, which was we will close down Margrant hotels. Now you would know because we've talked about it here. Margaret's coming across the channel to come over on boats, much like we were dealing with here about a decade ago. They get into the UK and then they have to be put up somewhere and they have been put up in hotels to the tune of about four point two million pounds a day. And the Starmer government said we will shut these down, and I'm pleased to report that they have. They shut seven down last month, but they opened fourteen new ones up, so they're actually, yes, sleep shutting them down, but they're expanding the number of hotels. Is it any wonder that they're going now we want another election. This is going so badly for and a half month in.
Speaker 4: They want out.
Speaker 3: Keir Starmer's popularity rating was plus eleven points right after the election. It's now minus thirty eight, so he's dropped forty nine points in four months. Caleb mentioned byers remorse it was the lowest voter turnout in twenty years.
Speaker 4: There's an old adage, what is it?
Speaker 3: You might not be interested in politics, but politics is definitely interested in you. So if you don't turn out to vote, it's no good. Four months later saying, oh, we should have another election so I can make my voice her. But it reminded me Sunday just gone was seventeen years since Australia decided, you know what, we're a bit bored with John Howard, why don't we elect Kevin Rudd?
Speaker 4: I mean, what could possibly go wrong?
Speaker 3: And I know, but there's so many parallels with a country, and I know the Tories were horrible, but people elected Kiirstarma, who is much like Stalin Liz, but without the personality.
Speaker 5: Yeah, which is why someone took to the internet to put together this very interesting infographic for you all. They're saying, look, he ticks all the boxers, persecution of farmers, high taxes, state corruption, the list goes on and well it is gallingly similar. They're not kidding you on, but can I get up that map of where.
Speaker 6: These petition signees are coming from? Again, because this is really important.
Speaker 5: As Caleb said, we've currently got under two million, just under two million, and this thing, this petition has only been up for forty eight hours, so you can imagine how much bigger this petition.
Speaker 6: Is going to get.
Speaker 5: So if we can just get the map up here, which tells MPs who must be currently quaking in their boots where these petitions are coming from, I imagine there are a lot of nervous backbenches.
Speaker 6: This is the people's revolt in the UK. Ladies and gentlemen, we are watching it in real.
Speaker 5: Time and if you are an MP sitting in the House of Lords, you are watching that map with great interests because your constituencies are telling you we want you the heck out. It's been four and a half months. We've already had enough. Call another general election. We have lost trust in this government. Do it again. We need a do over. And you know who would do really well if that actually happened is our mate Nigel Farage because his party's popularity Reform UK has gone from strength to strength. It is literally just skyrocketed in the last four months since the election, as people have realized the extent of the socialist tyrannical government that they.
Speaker 2: I said before that Labor is now three points behind the Tories. Reform UK is only six points behind Labor, so they're at about I think they're at seventeen percent, Labors at twenty three twenty four or something and the Tories are at like twenty six twenty seven. So Reform UK has actually come through as a very strong third player in the UK and I'd be very interested to see when they go to another general election, probably not one caused by this petition. It probably should be said what will happen whether you end up in a sort of coalition between Reform UK and the Tories or how it all works out. But they are just going through the roof because people have gone, hang on a minute, we wanted an alternative to the Tories, but we didn't get what we wanted.
Speaker 3: And you pointed out a very important point, and that is that despite the excitement about this petition, it actually has zero power. The UK is stuck with kiirs Arma for the next four and a half years, so then they'll get their election, but not before and so not because of a petition.
Speaker 5: No, it just means that it does bring on a debate in the House.
Speaker 6: That's all it means, because.
Speaker 5: That petition is on the government's own website where they make the pledge that any petition getting over one hundred thousand signatures will then.
Speaker 6: Go to a debate.
Speaker 5: Well, I can't wait to watch that one. I'm stucking up on popcorn. Back to Australia now, where we all know the Combating Misinformation Disinformation.
Speaker 6: Bill is now dead in the water and we can all breathe a collective sigh of relief.
Speaker 5: But as I always say, when we dodge these bullets, never forget that they tried.
Speaker 6: This is when government shows their hand.
Speaker 5: Okay, so the bill didn't get up, But you know what they want now, don't you they You know what kind of country we'd be living in with zero freedom of speech if they had their way.
Speaker 6: Now all eyes are on this.
Speaker 5: Oh, we're protecting kids and we're banning kids under sixteen and from certain sites on the Internet. Now, I have said from day one in this campaign, it's got nothing to do with protecting children because you've known that social.
Speaker 6: Media is really bad for kids forever.
Speaker 5: There are mountains of research and you've done nothing about it. But you pass your Digital ID Bill and about two weeks later, all of a sudden, you were wildly concerned with the welfare of children on social media and you had to mount legislation to do something about it.
Speaker 6: Coincidence, I think not.
Speaker 5: And who shares my opinion none other than Elon Musk, who very recently shared a tweet by our own Prime Minister which was growing, Oh we're introducing this bill today, Elon must rightly writes, seems like a backdoor way to control access to the Internet.
Speaker 6: By all Australians. Riddle me this.
Speaker 5: If this is about protecting children, why, as Senator Matt Canavan discovered today, why isn't porn hub the biggest pornography platform in the world. Why isn't it included on the list of websites that kids will not be able to access?
Speaker 8: Returning to Center Rood's question, what is porn hub category covered by it? What wouldn't it be It's just it's just explicit material. But it's yeah.
Speaker 9: It's covered, So is cover The first thing of sixty sixty three C. One A is that the platform sole or significant purposes to enable online social interaction.
Speaker 8: But if YouTube's covered and there's a video sharing for non explicit content, video content. What wouldn't pornhub be cover It's porn covered.
Speaker 4: I think they have very different purposes.
Speaker 5: If you are not protecting children from pornography, you're not protecting children at all. I once wrote a submission for a Minister for Child Protection to a certain committee that was doing an inquiry into the effects of pornography on a child's brain.
Speaker 6: And let me tell you, it messes them up.
Speaker 5: Properly, has the same effect as literal drugs.
Speaker 6: I kids you not. I can send you the paper. If you're curious, just email me.
Speaker 5: But here we are, just a week sittings week left, and everyone's wondering, Okay, how is this bill going to work?
Speaker 6: Well, here's Akma telling us.
Speaker 5: No, No, that whole digital ID thing that you're worried about that's got nothing to do with anything we think.
Speaker 10: I know you said it clarity, but I'll go so important.
Speaker 5: No, there'll be no link to the digital ID it's the voting off limits won't be there.
Speaker 2: This has nothing to do with the digital idea. But are what you want to allow platforms to use it?
Speaker 5: There's no requirement for platforms to use the digital ID system.
Speaker 8: We've got to pass the Lord, once I go through the SAT, that's it. Got I get to touch it again? Does not there anything in the law that says that that says the Saticus's nothing on this law that says that. Okay, thank you.
Speaker 6: How do you like the double speaker?
Speaker 5: Well, we're not requiring them to use digital ID. We're just threatening these platforms with massive fines and massive penalizations if they don't age verify everybody. So how else are they supposed to do it?
Speaker 6: Then?
Speaker 5: And as Matt Canavan just found out for you, Thanks thanks again, Matt, brilliant work.
Speaker 6: Well, actually there's no other way to do it. How else are you going to do it?
Speaker 5: They're threatening punishment, But how else are these platforms.
Speaker 6: Supposed to do it?
Speaker 5: And there's no laws to stop the ES Sagetycommissioner from requiring it. I just can't believe we're this close to them ramming this through both houses and they still can't give a straight answer about the most simplest bits.
Speaker 2: And even if it is not digital ID, there are many other dangerous and worrying techniques that they could use to verify your age. Of course, one of them is facial recognition technology. Now we talked last week about the fact that a number of companies, companies Bunnings came out and the good guys had got in trouble for the fact that they used facial recognition in their shops and not told people about it. Bunnings was hauled over the calls by the Privacy Commissioner over this. And of course one of the great issues with facial recognition is that it has to collect your facial data. It's called biometric data, and that is extremely valuable because it tells you a lot of things. It's like having your fingerprint. I mean, if you wouldn't feel comfortable handing your fingerprint to Mark Zuckerberg, why would you feel comfortable handing your biometric data to Mark Zuckerberg. This can be used all over the world to link you to all sorts of things. Matiman was just over in China. Wait until you find out what they doing over there at the moment in terms of facial recognition and other tracking. But again this question was put, could facial recognition be part of it? And the answer is yes.
Speaker 10: The trial will invite the participation of Australians, including young Australians, in order to test how a variety of technologies and methods work. Not all of these required documentations. Some of these would be facial age estimation or other biometrics. Some of these can rely on where and person's email is used elsewhere on the internet as and.
Speaker 2: Of course you know Facebook already recognizes faces per se to tag someone that sort of recognizes that they're already there. But this is assessing your face to work out what your age is. It has to look in very fine detail that your face. It then collects that What happens to that data after that eye as it's sitting on some American servits somewhere. Who knows what's going on with this whichever way you cut it. The data that they're potentially collecting is data that is valuable to someone else, but at a social media company or a hacker or whoever it might be, that I shouldn't have to hand over to use the Internet.
Speaker 4: And that's the great irony of this legislation.
Speaker 3: It's purported to be all about protecting people, and yet it's rife for abuse, as you just.
Speaker 4: Plainly pointed out.
Speaker 3: And it's always a bad law when the bureaucrats responsible for crafting the laws are confused about it themselves and can't answer basic questions. It should absolutely be thrown out.
Speaker 4: You know.
Speaker 3: One of the strange things about left leaning politicians around the world at the moment, and they all have these things in common. They're more committed to their own leisure time than they are leadership. Remember when there were massive pro there's a lot of violence in Ellis Springs, and Anthony Albanzi, I think, flew in for like a couple of hours.
Speaker 4: And then he spent three days at the tennis. Remember that.
Speaker 3: And then the other thing about politicians is they're all committed to gestures, but not really to anything of substance, and certainly not governance. It's happening all around the Western world, and it certainly happened in Canada over the weekend. A brilliant example of this hypocrisy by politicians where Prime Minister Justin tred to.
Speaker 4: Trudeau, thank you.
Speaker 3: You won't believe what he was doing while Montreal was literally on fire with anti israel protesters setting fire to cars, smashing windows, burning effigies of the Israeli Prime minister. Will show you the protests first, they I'll show you what the Prime Minister of Canada was doing. But this is Montreal Friday night, absolutely horrendous for Jewish Canadians. But while all of that is happening, here's the Prime minister. He's at the Tayler Swift concert. Aside from being a shocking, look, how do you think it would make Jewish Canadians feel when Montreal is absolutely got anarchy happening in.
Speaker 4: The streets directed at Jewish people.
Speaker 3: You've got people calling for the Final Solution to be used against Jews, and there's the Prime minister of the country at a Taylor Swift concert. At the very least, you get out of there as soon as you know what is happening and you provide some leadership. But we're seeing this all around the Western world. As I said, we're talking about Keir Starmer earlier, who's only been in office four months. He spent twenty six days out of the country on international trips, which is reminiscent of airbus elbow we used to pull our prime minister. This is a theme right around the Western world, these left leaning leaders who just seem very committed to, you know, appearances and not that interested in governing.
Speaker 2: Well, you might say for Trudeau, burn baby burn disco inferno, because that seemed to be what he was up to on the weekend, right, I mean, it's so crazy to think that as a leader, you wouldn't think that the first thing you should be doing. And he didn't come out and later issue a tweet the next day. That fixes very much. That fixes everything up when you know there is serious civil unrest in your country in Montreal, which as an MP he represents, his seat is in Montreal. Right, So here's four hundred kilometers down the road at a Taylor Swift concert, not in his own city, going out there to say, pull your heads in heads, this is not how we do things in a civil society. No, No, he'd much rather be a Taylor Swift concert dancing around. That's not leadership. Now, he knows that he's about to be turfed out when they go to an election. He's had his time, and to be quite frank, he doesn't give a toss what's going on in his country now because he said it all up and it's burning and who cares. Someone else is going to go in and fix it. But it's just the most basic optics, right. If they are are massive protests, riots, is what they were, you know, fire bombs, cars on fire, shop windows being smashed up, etc. You've got to be out there doing something about it. He doesn't think so, though.
Speaker 5: And even if you're not out there doing something about it, and you're just at home, say tweeting, the last thing you want to do is being seen at a constant rancing around with a few young chicks for crying out loud. Tell you the guy who probably will be PM come next year of Canada, we hope, is the leader of the opposition, Pierre Polivier. He tweeted this in response to Trudeau's tweets, saying, oh, this is unacceptable. Well, Pierre was said you at surprise.
Speaker 6: We are reaping what you sew.
Speaker 5: This is what happens when a prime minister spends nine years pushing toxic work, identity politics, dividing and subdividing people by race, gender, vaccine, status, religion, age, wealth, etc. On top of driving people apart, you systematically break what used to bring us together, saying Canada is a post national state with no core identity. He goes on to talk about the military, the economy.
Speaker 6: It's a very long.
Speaker 5: Tweet and it's a call to arms, and it ends with the simple line of call a general election because you are going out and we all certainly hope that is the case. In Canada, the polls reflect that it will be, so something else to smile about into the future.
Speaker 6: And here there's another one for you. Trump, now that he is once again president elect.
Speaker 5: He did this last time he was in office, he's doing it again, saying anyone who's transgender in the military, you're going home. And he's talking about fifteen thousand currently active members of the military. He's saying, we are simply not having this, not on my watch. They will be medically discharge, which would determine that they are unfit to serve. So America can celebrate because it means on January twentieth, they'll be saying goodbye to all of this crap.
Speaker 11: We must set our sites higher and focus on intentional inclusivity because there are still far too many people out there, not just LGBTQ individuals, that feel marginalized, shut out, or discriminated against. So for all of you out there, I ask you to set out your symbols of pride, share your pronounce in your email. Particularly if you're a person who doesn't think they need to.
Speaker 5: Now plenty of critics have come out and says, look, every single department of our military are failing in their recruitment targets, much.
Speaker 6: Like owls here in Australia.
Speaker 5: Why would you do this at such a time We need everyone. Trump's like, nope, we do not need people who purport to this ideology and have indeed very much overrun the military.
Speaker 6: Again, it sounds familiar, doesn't it Australia. Yes, sadly, yes, overrun the military.
Speaker 5: With a pile of ideological crap instead of as the new Secretary of Defense says peak heads there, he's just like, mate, unless you are a war making machine, we don't care.
Speaker 6: We don't care. You do not get to join the military.
Speaker 5: We are about one thing, and one thing alone, that is waging war if and when needed.
Speaker 6: If that is not your number one, then don't come well.
Speaker 3: As you said, the activists have claimed, if you remove fifteenths transgendered servicemen, you're going to leave the military short and recruiting numbers are bad. But has ever occurred to them The reason recruiting numbers might be bad is because they've allowed all this diversity, equity and inclusion stuff into the military. Typically, the military is attractive to young white conservatives. And if you look at recruiting numbers in the US military, in twenty eighteen, forty four thousand young white men joined the military, compared to twenty twenty three just twenty five thousand young men. And over the last five years, the number of white men joining up to serve their country has fallen every single year. This might be the thing that turns recruitment around, because, as you said, Liz, young men want to join the military to fight and to defend their country, not to be berated over what pronouns you use on your email. And as for the new Secretary of Defense, he's criticized the military for being weak, effeminate, and spending money on gender realignment rather than non fighting America's enemies. This is a good move by Trump, which well, actually, I think turn recruiting numbers around.
Speaker 2: Well, well, I mean, let's be serious here, I've got a bung foot in my left leg is about an inch shorter than my right leg. As far as I'm aware, that would exclude me from ever serving in the military, at least it used to. Maybe this so desperate these days that they wouldn't care. But generally that would preclude you from being able to sign up to the military. So if I've got that, which is a pretty minor physical disability, why would someone who has a diagnosable mental condition which is gender dysphoria and potentially has then gone through a medical surgery that then requires lifelong attention and medications and whatever to continue through that. Why would you then say that that is someone of the capability and strength that we want in the military. I think it's as simple as that, right. But turfing all transgender people out of the military, Let's be real, ain't going to really do anything unless you rebuild the whole thing, roots and branch, because it's not just transgender people, it's all the other bureaucrats and whatever that exist within the defense force system that allow this kind of ideology to flourish. You have to kick every single one of those people out unless you are in the military for the express purpose of defending your country and not I don't know, getting people to wear rainbow pins, which is what's gone on in the ADF here in Australia. Get out, get out, don't even wait to fire them, Donald Trump, that's his thing, right, You're fired that's what he needs to go and do in the military, make the military strong again. Now, the ABC, as we know, loves to crap all over our own country. What else would a national broadcast to do? Then tell us everything that we have wrong? And again it's that wore old chestnut Australia Day. Now. The suggestion this time is that the Australia Day honors, which of course are announced Australian of the Year, etc. Are an ounced on January the twenty fifth, the day before Australia Day, so then it can be celebrated on Australia Day itself. Well, that's not comfortable for some Aboriginal people because, being the racist nation that we are, Aboriginal people get nominated for many of these awards and they then feel like they can't accept them because they would then have to stand up the day before Australia Day to accept it. I mean, sorry, riddle me that we are such a terrible nation that we are recognizing Indigenous people on our national day and they can't accept it because that's bad. Apparently it's a period of mourning or something. This article from the ABC actually noted one bloke, Rodney Dillon. He is a Palowa elder who it says here has actually accepted a nomination for the awards twice. But he says that it's not uncommon for people to feel uncomfortable and that there are a lot of Aboriginals Australia around Australia who feel like that as well. Well, clearly he didn't feel uncomfortable enough to participate in the colonial system when he accepted those nominations on two occasions? Did he? But trust the ABC to be lecturing us like it's two months away Australia Day and they're already banging this drum.
Speaker 3: It's such a manufactured story, right, because when I read it, I'm thinking, well, who are these indigenous leaders who are being nominated for awards and are really conflicted about accepting them? And they only found two who were nominated for Young Tasmanian of the Year twenty twenty five.
Speaker 6: Tasmania doesn't count. We all know that.
Speaker 5: And all the other people the article were people Tasmanian who.
Speaker 3: Were nominated and gleefully accepted the nomination. Remember Keith Williams back in August, he's the chair of the ABC. Williams, sorry, Kim Williams. He said He said that he wanted the ABC to focus on hard news stories, not on these soft lifestyle stories. But this story featuring a couple of young Tasmanians of the Year nominees. This was the lead story on the website today on the ABC. Completely tell you about the ABC's prioritized over actual news that Australians need to understand, rather than this race baiting division that the abc'd love to indulge in.
Speaker 6: It's so not worth talking about.
Speaker 5: I just want to use my time once again to say, honestly, Tasmanians, I love you guys. I went through Tania two years ago for the first time ever and I was literally speechless at the beauty of the place. So yeah, that's that's how much I consider talking about the ABC.
Speaker 6: We're talking about the should we should we know? ABC?
Speaker 2: Well, Well yes, we're just the ABC's bagger off. But should we note before we go to a break, it's going to be very hot day in Sydney tomorrow, New South Wales all over the shop going to be quite warm. So what should you do when it gets hot? Not turn on your air conditioner? Yes, that is another whore old chestnut that has come back. The latest advice from the Energy Market Operator is that due to the fact we have three coal fired power stations out of use at the moment because of course all the money has been going into renewable energy, so the coal fired power stations haven't been kept up to standards, so they have to go offline so they can do the necessry work on them so that we can actually get some power out of them. They won't be available on one of the hottest days of the year so far, and so we may well have blackouts across New South Wales. I mean this happens without fail every summer now and now it's not even summer. It's in winter as well. Because there's a really cold day, don't turn on your heating. We're meant to be living in a first world country here, I mean, how do we tolerate this that if there is one hot day we can't turn our earcorns onto the desired temperature because we might run out of power. Well, we're running out of power because of this bloody green dream.
Speaker 3: I just can't believe we to be thirty three degrees in Sydney on Wednesday, and the Australian Energy Market Operator is asking industry could you please cease operations on Wednesday so we don't have statewide blackouts doubts country have we got where we're telling our manufacturers please don't make anything today. We need to conserve power. It's absolutely unbelievable. We're going to go to a break. When we come back, we'll look at what's making news tomorrow, including just how bad the economy is. The Australian's got a front page exclusive. We'll talk about it in just a moment. Welcome back. Let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow and Caleb. The Australian does not have good news regarding the economy.
Speaker 2: It does not home drawn and courted, it says. The Albanezi government is presiding over the longest household recession, with GDP per capita going backwards for the past six quarters, in a trend that exceeds any period in the past fifty years, and economists worn is likely to continue as Anthony Alberinezi seeks to steer the political gender back to cost of living this week before Parliament rases for the long summer break. Official statistics show the household recession, which began in the March quarter of twenty twenty three is a risk of becoming entrenched. Now, you may remember some ads that the Coalition ran during the last election it won't be easy under alban easy, and it had that awful song there's a hole in your bucket, dear labor, dear labor. Well there's not a hole in labour's bucket, it should be said, because they've been turning around surpluses. There's a hole in your bucket as a result of labor. But don't fear two hundred and seventy five dollars off your power what's that one? We gave you three hundred dollars off your power bill with the rebate. I mean, this is just living proof, it absolute proof of exactly what this government has done to the economy. They have trashed it. They cannot go to an election and argue, oh, you know, so we pulled inflation back. It's all looking good now. Okay, sure you reduced inflation a little bit, but I have less money in my pocket than I did three years ago. And that's what I'm going to vote on the basis of.
Speaker 3: I love the statement they're going to come back to, you know, focusing on the cost of living.
Speaker 4: They spent a year focusing on the voice. All of a sudden, I.
Speaker 3: Realize we'd better do something about the cost of living. This is front of mind, this is our major focus. Then they got distracted by the Misinformation Bill. Now there's that social media thing. Oh we've got an election coming up. We better get back to cost of living. My favorite part of this article, and this is why the government have got so much trouble, it says Jim charm Was on Monday defended the government's record on economic management, but acknowledged his The acknowledgment household experience was not necessarily reflected in the economic and inflation numbers. That is absolutely right. It doesn't matter what they say about the numbers. Everybody goes to Coal's and when they start scanning their groceries because the coal staff won't do it for you, you all of a sudden get a shock at just how bad things are. So the government can say whatever they like. We're the ones who are going to the store. We know you've got to basically sell a kidney to afford the week's groceries.
Speaker 6: Yeah, bring on the next selection.
Speaker 2: And that's precisely why they keep importing all these margrants despite telling us that they want to reduce the number of margrants because officially there is no recession. They know that it'd be really bad for business, but just quietly.
Speaker 4: There is actually.
Speaker 2: One another story on the front of the Elves tomorrow. University leaders to take a haircut. Unbelievable million dollar salaries for vice chancellors are set to end with a new university watchdog to peg their pay to that of top public servants. Federal Education Minister Jason Clare will announce the first National Expert Governance Council within days to set independent rules for executive remuneration. He said the council would also crack down on systemic wage theft from academics and lecturers. And was it a and U last week that we talked about where the vice chancellor had asked all of the start if they would be willing to take a pay cut so that they could get their budget back in order. Well, here is mister Chalmers to say, actually, no, the one is going to take the pay cut. Thanks, mister clear don't give mister Charmers any credit for any of this. But actually I don't think that's a terrible idea. Normally I'm not on board with government interference. But it should be noted the government gives a lot of money to universities. Were a lot of.
Speaker 5: Money quiet diversities, and what do we get for it? The friends international students over Aussie's every single flip in time. Why because the internationals pay a lot more, and they pay up front.
Speaker 6: They're not interested in us. We just fund them through the nose, and then.
Speaker 5: When our kids want to go to UNI, they get turfed out the door in favor of the international students. To the front page of the Newcastle Herald. Now from port to court protesters out on bail tell Us More, a.
Speaker 6: Woman with sixteen previous charges.
Speaker 5: Related to protest activity and a man with similar convictions in multiple states have been released on bail after being arrested during a blockade of the new Castle Harbor. Every time I read one of these, I'm reminded, oh, just as well, we've got those new butte really cracking down hard on these protests, the laws here.
Speaker 6: In New South Wales.
Speaker 5: And then you read something like this, realize these are absolute repeat offenders and they just get to do it again and again and again.
Speaker 6: So is this going to be the time that we see these.
Speaker 5: De butte rarely cracking down hard on these young protesters.
Speaker 6: Is it actually going to happen this time?
Speaker 2: Well, it you ought to because they keep getting away with it, which just says to everyone else, will go for your life. And if we bring up the front page again there just look at the average age of the people in that photograph who were at the protest. Since they've got nothing else to do, they're retired, they're sitting at a Oh, just go and join a protest. What happened to knitting once upon a time you took up knitting? Now they all gone bloody protest.
Speaker 3: The focus of this article the woman who's got previous charges and has been released on bail. The court was told she was already on bail related to an alleged unauthorized protest on a railway. She was subject to two community based court orders and had sixteen charges relating to unauthorized protest activity.
Speaker 4: The police prosecutor.
Speaker 3: Said she has a propensity not to comply with court orders. Is a bit of an understatement, and the magistrate said, I share your concerns and granted the lady bail. Absolutely unbelievable. We're to go to a break when we come back. A Florida police officer who capturees a car thief and then taunts him on social media. Not quite sure if it's appropriate or not, but certainly taught the young man lesson will show you in just a moment. So I'm trying to work out if Joe Biden's staff were just unintentionally funny or if they really do hate Kamala Harris and were brilliantly trolling her.
Speaker 4: Have a look at this tweet for the official White House account.
Speaker 3: There's a photograph of Kamala Harris waving goodbye as she gets on a plane, and the caption reads building a brighter future for every American as she flies off.
Speaker 4: Into the sunset.
Speaker 3: I don't know whether this was intentional or not this but I reckon maybe Jill Biden was the one who tweeted that.
Speaker 6: I wouldn't be surprised. Check this out.
Speaker 5: One reporter in the White House has had the temerity to ask, where the heck is Kamala?
Speaker 6: We have not seen her since the election.
Speaker 5: Check out what the Press secretary had to say to Hawaii.
Speaker 10: While Dancy staffers are just wondering what they're going to be.
Speaker 12: Vice president has taken time off to go spend time with her family. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. She has worked very hard over at the last four years, and her taking a couple of days to be with her family good for her.
Speaker 5: How could you possibly question that she's just taking some time with her to Florida Now where check this out. These sheriffs literally catch kids stealing cars and then post about it on their socials.
Speaker 6: With the kid in the video.
Speaker 5: In this case sat down leaning against the car that he stole and got caught in while the sheriff just tells you all about it.
Speaker 2: His catch of the.
Speaker 7: Day, y'all say.
Speaker 13: Lucy County sheriff keeps hears the juvenile companion thought they were going to come through Saint Lucy County with the stolen vehicle with a Broward Task Force on their tail. Scat packs up them down and wants to shout out to the Broward County Sheriff's office. I'll see all the county Sheriff's office, even.
Speaker 6: The backing music. It's so good.
Speaker 5: Compare the pair with our Queensland cops who are like, look, even though we've got record breaking amount of kids stealing a record breaking amount of cars.
Speaker 6: We're not even allowed to chase them.
Speaker 5: These guys are like, here's the car that they.
Speaker 6: Stole, here's them down on the ground. We got him, Here's the car that I caught him in.
Speaker 3: I love, I sympathize, but I'm not sure it's appropriate. I mean, this kid hasn't yet gone to court. Isn't he innocent until proven guilty? I know, I know, but seriously, isn't the principle still one that should apply out from behind this?
Speaker 2: There is? I know, but you've still got to be there's a halfway there's a halfway house here then, I mean in that video, of course the kid was blurred out right, but there's a halfway house. You can familiate. You can humiliate, Yeah, but you can humiliate the kid just put a mask on him or something like, don't it. There must be a way to do it. I get what you're saying, because and of course in Australia we can't identify youth offenders, so there's all sorts of different rules about it. But maybe it should be part of the bit that if you are convicted of the crime, that they then go and film the video and then the minute you turn eighteen and it can become part of the public record you put it out there. I don't know, but what we do know is that what we're doing at the moment does not work in this country and any alternative option we should be looking at rather than the one we talked about last week, which was they're going to treat stealing cars as an addiction. Come on, the.
Speaker 6: Americans, name and shame. It's called personal responsibility.
Speaker 3: We got to go, but stick around. Coming up in just a moment is the reader Penehy Show.
Speaker 4: Good Night,