Speaker 1: Thank you to all of all listeners who continue to listen to us. Look, if you're enjoying the podcast, just do us a favorite. Hit that follow button on your podcast app right now. It helps us bring you great new episodes and make sure that you won't miss anything. Whether you're on Spotify, Apple Podcast or anywhere else. Just tap follow or subscribe and stay in the loop.
Speaker 2: Anyway, guys, cheers, all right.
Speaker 3: Welcome back to John Stamly podcast.
Speaker 4: Mate.
Speaker 3: This week, lots going on in the room, lots of tension, and not the good kind. I'm good, though, Yeah, sure, that's good. Jack's good. You're not good.
Speaker 2: I'm good. I'm great.
Speaker 3: You're not good, Trishy, how are you? I'm good? Thank you? Because this, and we often say this, sometimes we come into the room not speaking. In this case, usually it's like Jack or Dad or Jack and me or Jack and Trisha's a common denominated there, but today it's trishan Matt. Something that started as they went away for a beautiful romantic get away over the long weekend. Are they left happy, came back not speaking. I don't know what happened. I'm not sure what happened. People fight, that's fine, but I hope it doesn't disrupt the product of this podcast, right, No, no, is anyone going to say anything.
Speaker 2: Well, let's just wait and see you.
Speaker 4: To know, would you like to know?
Speaker 1: And then the people we'll see if it's an avery, Actually we want your feedback.
Speaker 3: Okay, do you know why you go?
Speaker 5: So it wasn't like okay, Trish backed against the dolphins on the weekend.
Speaker 2: That's probably all.
Speaker 6: Were reading to the city for a weekend together, like you're like it. And so we go have a nice lunch, have a nice bottle of wine that we share, met some beautiful people that were sitting next next to us, Debbie and her husband from.
Speaker 4: Wedding anniversary, which was lovely, really nice meeting them.
Speaker 3: Cool.
Speaker 6: And then afterwards we walk out and I thought, oh, we'll go to a bar or something like that, and that's we're gonna go and have a shop. I mean, after having lunch.
Speaker 2: I just want to go and have some matadas, you know, maybe get a period.
Speaker 3: Is that what happened?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 6: Yeah, but wait, and I went on, I'm not really I don't really feel like going shopping. I sort of thought we'd do that tomorrow before then we head home. So if you want to go down to the shop. There you go, and he said to me, he said, you won't get the ships if I go. I said no, I said no, So that's fine.
Speaker 4: I said, I really.
Speaker 6: Don't feel like me. I'll go back to the hotel and I said, so I'll see you back there in like.
Speaker 4: An hour or something.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: Great.
Speaker 6: So an hour passes, and the worst fit was in the hotel room. The television wasn't working, the roommate wasn't working. I was like, yeah, so anyway, I'm sitting there on board on my own and I'm like, oh, nice romantic weekend away.
Speaker 2: Anyway, why shouldn't get the ships?
Speaker 6: So then I text him or I rang him, and I said, oh, how far away? I'll be back in thirty minutes, okay, no problem. Another hour later.
Speaker 3: Oh why now that was two hours?
Speaker 4: It's two hours.
Speaker 3: In total, Matthew, that is that all? Was that?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 4: Wait?
Speaker 6: So then so I dare to say something and he blows up because but you said.
Speaker 4: It order flop.
Speaker 6: I said, no, I didn't mind you going down. I said, I thought you were going to be an hour or something, and then you said it had just be thirty minutes. I said, but again, then you just left me waiting. If I thought that, I would have gone out and done something. But I'm sitting there waiting for you.
Speaker 4: On a weekend when you're away together, like I'm not there with other people. Mate.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: True, you should have just said that from the from the from the get go. Maybe I'll just get out there and I'll just get out there, you know.
Speaker 6: And then yesterday yeah yeah, and then does it again version, which was fine. I said, I'm look, we had the morning together, had breakfast, went and had to wander around seclic Key, which was beautiful, and then we and then I said, look, I'm going to go shopping. We had to check out later in the afternoon. I said, I'll meet you back there.
Speaker 2: That's three.
Speaker 4: We said two.
Speaker 2: Originally we said three.
Speaker 4: We said two. I said three by text, and then you came back with three thirty.
Speaker 6: Yep, by text, I said, okay, by.
Speaker 2: Four, I got back at three fifty. Oh no, but hang.
Speaker 4: On, is it not the repeat thing you did the day before?
Speaker 3: Is there a shortened version of this? I wanted to so basically, if we shorten this right down.
Speaker 1: To his core, I think people just going behind their driving going man what a ball breker that's living in like communist China.
Speaker 3: Who need to bringing it back to the core. Basically, Dad was like an hour late and it wasn't punctual, so.
Speaker 6: He was an hour late two days all right, yes, and then when I dared to say something, then blew up. That's actually instead of going, oh, sorry, I didn't realize.
Speaker 4: Your work or don't want to put your you.
Speaker 1: Know, no, no, no, he up, no trush, no trush, trish. I am measured until I walked into the room by the times and you blow up and then and I go, Now he gets and I said, look, I'm late.
Speaker 4: So now what's a big now is cancel our trip at the end of the year and he's going to the Ashes.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I'm going to go.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go.
Speaker 2: I want to go see Austray versus Great, it's going to be pretty good. Well that it's gonna be a great serious going.
Speaker 3: To be let's not jump the gun to earth this. We've seen this trip one thousand times.
Speaker 5: Yeah, it's gonna be a great serious I haven't let you guys know yet. But there's actually be a fifth active listener in this conversation. I've had as you can see on the video, I've had my laptop in today. I've actually put the audio on for chat GBT to give a listen to this fight, and it's provided three h three solutions or techniques in fighting in your marriage.
Speaker 3: First one is.
Speaker 5: Practice, practice, active listening and empathy.
Speaker 3: We think, John, that's all it was listened. Then that was probably what you did. Tri Maybe that was.
Speaker 4: Because there are people around when we're alone. It's it's Matt's monologue.
Speaker 2: I reckon, this is not fair.
Speaker 5: Number two, it said address one issue at a time.
Speaker 2: There you go.
Speaker 3: So it was that one is shoe the same issue we addressed one perspective punctuality.
Speaker 6: Yeah right, No, No, it's not punctuality. It's disrespect, disrespect and selfishness. Because we're a way together.
Speaker 1: Because I said it's not I will say when Tresh were shopping, you know what I did?
Speaker 2: You know what I what I did? I actually loved just wandering a city. Cooper too.
Speaker 1: I'll just let you know what I did the innocence of what I did. My logue GC, you did pretty good.
Speaker 2: I actually I walked.
Speaker 1: I walked from the city from the Rocks up to King's Cross and walked all around Darlinghurst in the back streets and stuff like that, had a ball, had a great time. Then I went bank, okay, looked at the time, got to get back.
Speaker 2: Jump. Took me a little bit to get a cab. Jumped in the cab.
Speaker 1: Cabby took a wrong turn around the rocks because there was a roat and d was ten minutes longer than it should have been.
Speaker 4: So that where were you when I rang you?
Speaker 1: I was playing the pokey And that comes to my third the third one, You focus on.
Speaker 5: Self reflection.
Speaker 4: When you say it out loud, doesn't it?
Speaker 3: Did he tell you? Or could you hear them? What could you hear? What the sounds? I can understand.
Speaker 5: Truth, I do think you need to be more flexible in your way. But from the amount of rooms she gave you, Cobber, I think you need to self reflect on when you make a commitment to a time, especially the first go, and then she gives you a second time. Any minute over that second time I think is disrespectful.
Speaker 3: I will say, like as As and Jackson a relationship now so he knows.
Speaker 2: Thanks for filming in how a marriage and relationship works, guys.
Speaker 3: But I've been in I've been in one before as well, and I know that that. I think I think ninety percent of men and women listening to this conversation would understand that this is quite a common fight. You know, men go down to the pub. I'm just going to go down for a few with me, mate, And I know, I know you were at the Pokes, which is.
Speaker 2: Called through.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and they know they say two o'clock, they come back at five o'clock. I think that is a very common No, I'm not saying this, I'm using it as an example, but I'm saying this is a very common fight. And I think this comes from It's obviously something that aggravates women in relationships, right Trish.
Speaker 4: Yeah, yeah, yes, But the thing is Kooper when you're actually away together.
Speaker 3: Oh that's the yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, the purpose of the trip was to.
Speaker 4: Spend time together.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 5: And our friend, our friend here T one thousand terminator here says the same thing. If you're away for a trip, you really should have dedicated time to the relationship, Copper rather than other fixation.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we made thirty years. You're running out of things.
Speaker 4: We aren't there yet, mate.
Speaker 3: You've only been married to Marchili for two years, so you probably didn't need to give.
Speaker 1: That the respect that I just I went past. I was feeling lucky I went in there. Sure I didn't win. Sure I was a little bit late, but there was a total innocence around it all.
Speaker 2: I was walking. I didn't even shop. I just walked.
Speaker 3: Well, i'll tell you what, me and Jack not knowing what had happened. I'm very glad it was something as minor as what it is, because you know the way you used to been, you know, not talking to each other. I thought it might have been deeper than that. Clearly it was not that deep at all. Maybe you'd both just we've communicated it. Now we could move on.
Speaker 1: I mean, it would have been different if you walked into the hotel and I was shagging someone, then I'd understand.
Speaker 3: I'd understand giving him the silent treatment.
Speaker 2: I would understand that. But come on a little bit late.
Speaker 3: We have an introductional question.
Speaker 1: But by the way, one thing is my watch. This watch I've got doesn't do time right. It's actually it's so I got very it's still on daylight saving time. I don't know how to change it.
Speaker 3: You've got to find that's true. I need to watch these days. It was out of batteries if you had if you were entering a party, Yeah, what song would you want to be entering too? Your walkout song for entering a room? That's the introd question.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to think of a late song.
Speaker 3: A Hurricane by Bob Dylan.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I like that.
Speaker 5: I actually watched a complete Unknown lilast night. It's a bit slower than I thought it was going to be. But it is a bit slower, but it's good. The folk music, the folk folk music is folk folk folk music.
Speaker 2: He would he go through real to this song?
Speaker 3: What was your song? Jack?
Speaker 5: My one? You know what I've gone with Cream's White Room. I said it to you before the podcast that he scoffed at me, and it sort of made me think maybe I should change it, And I thought, screw it.
Speaker 3: I'm doubling down. If I was in no way, if I was at the party and then I'm having a drink with someone in the kitchen, and then I heard in a way room and I knew Jack, I'd believe, and I think the party would leave with that song coming on.
Speaker 4: I like I like music from Yeah, You're very much that ere aren't you I.
Speaker 3: Like that dad, right, Jack.
Speaker 2: And actually there was an old show called Kingswood Country Ted Bullpit.
Speaker 1: It was funny even though he was a nasty racist, but had sort of funny. But he had a brother, Bobby Bullpit was used car salesman. He used to walk into the More Time You do It himself Ago and he was a spiv and he walked in and go.
Speaker 2: Hey, hell do you everybody here comes to the party. Don't swim ladies and said, I'm human.
Speaker 7: Bobby bullpits here, but I wouldn't use that one. There's a song from a seven piece anonymous Australian band Tism, whose members include Humphrey B. Flubart, Jock Cheese, Vladimir Lennon McCartney, Token Blackman, Johnson Penis, and the song is called I Might be A but I'm not A.
Speaker 2: That's what I go into. That's what He's just got a beep it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he just got a beep it.
Speaker 2: Well.
Speaker 1: And one thing about the band Tism, As I said they were anonymous band, no one knew who the guy's members were, and one of the guys they used to interview them occasionally at Triple Am. Little did they know that he worked at Triple A, one of the lead singer.
Speaker 3: They haven't.
Speaker 5: There's some employees there at Triple AM that have been there over the years.
Speaker 4: That everyone seems to have worked there.
Speaker 5: It's so funny how some of them got a gig.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I had a couple of songs.
Speaker 3: For that, Oh Am, I allowed to do mine in a second. Oh yeah, you're trisy, you go.
Speaker 6: Then just while we're on that, I throw in you're so vain Cully so also village people's much on that.
Speaker 2: It's funny. I've got to tell you, Elton John, the bitch is back.
Speaker 3: See I can already feel it's nice to see talking.
Speaker 2: Bitch is bad Countsilver.
Speaker 3: As a matter of fact, mine is shout out to my old team Thunderstruck. I love that little guitar intro when we used to walk up into the onder the field. And also, but if I'm doing that, as my intro song was that the Narrow as ac DC that Storm Jack and a CDC Thunderstruck. I also want the guy who's the ground announcer for the storm as well to introduce me as I walk into the party. So how to go? So you often hear like NA and then he go right on, ladies and gentlemen, el City, your club, your favorite Cooper John's. And then as you say that, go you've been And I come in like that. Hopefully the party hadn't cleared by then. Yeah, wrong party.
Speaker 4: I like that idea.
Speaker 3: It's a kid's birthday party, take a lollibag and leave. It's just a joke.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know it's a good one.
Speaker 5: If you haven't, if you've watched it. I know the Gal, the Gal s b W fights coming up. If you've watched any of Gal's fights over the year, he always walks out to Cashmir by led Zeppelin. The funny The funny part of that is that that was the song used on the coverage of Origin pretty much through that whole era he was playing that was always, so he must have just he must have just picked it up and said screw it.
Speaker 2: And we're we're interviewing him soon.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's going to be it. But the thing about with Gal didn't realize.
Speaker 2: He was like, oh, I.
Speaker 1: Don't have any going and I went, oh, yeah, that's Kashmir and he said yeah, but it's a different when it's off in the movie and it's off Godzilla. I said, there's a root. Yes, you spelled it out trush. Yes, I said that one doesn't date necessarily very well, I said, maybe a new new song is anybody going stuff from their weeks.
Speaker 4: I do it on the point of CD.
Speaker 6: In the city over the weekend, like circular key on a beautiful day. Honestly, there is nothing more beautiful to do in this city, so lovely walking around. Well, I had company at the time, not good company, contrasts Matt and myself. I actually thought it was a really good example. He was drawn to the busker, the fella with very long hair, and the angus young.
Speaker 1: It was awesome. It was like playing awesome.
Speaker 6: On the guitar and dancing and doing the skippity hopperty thing and the like the cosproach on the floor thing.
Speaker 2: It's chuck Berry duck walk sweet.
Speaker 4: We may or may not have been playing the guitar.
Speaker 3: I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: I'm not convinced. Okay.
Speaker 6: And then well, the one I liked was beside lady playing classical Well, actually she wasn't playing classical music.
Speaker 4: She was playing the violin to adele music.
Speaker 5: I'm gonna help you care, I'm gonna help me out.
Speaker 3: You was the tin man still down there or.
Speaker 4: He wasn't. Now it was early in the morning. He probably was.
Speaker 5: He always creeped me out as a kid, you know that guy, and he'd sit there as a statue.
Speaker 3: And then there's a guy. There's a guy in America. He's got a popular social media channel and he dresses up as a bush. He's a fake bush as a busker. Oh yes, and then he got I saw it when I was in Hawaii late last year. He was, he was there and he was scaring like people walking past buskets. There's a video he's got malmon Inger once did he Yeah, Mal was over there for something and he was dressed as a bush and then he got and scared Mail. But Mal with someone they got scared. Mail didn't flinch.
Speaker 2: Mal could have killed that bush. Yeah, yeah, well done.
Speaker 1: The mouth too been now coached the birth Berth bears the birth bear.
Speaker 4: He have to hop over there next year. Really, I think twenty twenty have an introduction, Yeah.
Speaker 3: Twenty twenty seven, so they'll start recruiting this year.
Speaker 1: He would be working at They're on the clock right now, so they'd be working behind the scenes that they've been in touch with a few managers regarding players.
Speaker 2: There's a few whispers going around. I've heard whispers. Are they're going after Munster Herman.
Speaker 3: Wow, Cameron Monster, Herman Monster, that's pretty too.
Speaker 1: We running to they're at the steps of the opera house Britain. Cora's family. Oh really yeah, and a lot of them rode from New Zealand. I said, oh, see here to see Britain. No, and I'm not really.
Speaker 2: We just come to say we're supporting the Wires.
Speaker 4: Oh no way, yeah, we win win.
Speaker 3: How good are the Wires they are playing?
Speaker 5: That good?
Speaker 2: That win last Saturday night, I reckon he's close to the best. Winning the club's history against the Sharks. It was fantastic.
Speaker 3: They were good and the only thing better than the Wires at the moment. Are there fans. They're bloody fans. They travel, They travel everywhere.
Speaker 5: At Vegas, Vegas that went because they had the third game, which was the one before the Melbourne and sorry the Panthers Sharks game, which was the game of Vegas. People were marketing it. As soon as that third game ended with the Raiders and Wires, how many fans? How empty did the place feel? Just because the wast fans.
Speaker 3: Left correct correct? I mean, and you're in Las Vegas. You're five minutes from all the casinos and stuff. I don't think they were hanging around for eight pm to watch the sharks.
Speaker 5: And wore their wore their kid always were very visible.
Speaker 2: They loved it running.
Speaker 1: Some really nice people have the course of the weekend. On last Friday, we went to went to mister Wong's. We're just going past and Tric said, why don't we go and see we can get in. I said, okay, because Jammed on a Friday went in there. They found us a table. Great restaurants and we're next to this, as Tris said, people having their forty fifth winning anniversary.
Speaker 2: A really nice couple from Rubra and were chatting away there.
Speaker 1: And you know, I said to Trisha, those working class areas, you'll always get such great people.
Speaker 2: Trisha had a really good story of the day.
Speaker 1: The people have Yeah, probably will end up being but the people of Maruba signed a petition to get Vietnamese woman who residency in Australia.
Speaker 2: I just thought it was a nice story. For years and years and she couldn't get residency.
Speaker 4: A community rallied around her.
Speaker 3: I love a community, A community that gets together and they rally around. None do it better than are a very tight community, like they get around each other, they support everything. There's a lot of great communities out there, but Maruba is just another great example. So shout out if you're listening from a rural community or any community and you want to start to get your local community up. Ring us on Dad's number.
Speaker 2: It's just a live read.
Speaker 1: But I just think sometimes communities like that, you know, they rally behind and in working class areas are really egalitarian areas, you know. I mean they don't care about what religion you are, They don't care about color.
Speaker 4: They just think about it as well.
Speaker 6: That area is a lot of people have grown up there, they live there, like it's generations of families come from there and they stay.
Speaker 5: You have lots of friends from yeah, or grew up in River something else in my week that would love to bring up Elon Mask versus Donald Tree. It is one of the greatest popcorn watching moments in recent history.
Speaker 3: Is true friends now foes.
Speaker 5: They have Yeah, their glorious relationship which when it was like a romance that burnt as bright as the sun, has now exploded in a big bang.
Speaker 2: What was the circumstance.
Speaker 5: Well, there's been lots of like lots of things, like obviously now they're beefing so much. There's been you know, Elong's on X, which is formerly Twitter on X. They're just beefing. It's back and forth, and it sort of exploded late last week. I'd say who started it, Well, I think Elon, but it was this was after Elon was sort of kicked out of the White House.
Speaker 3: People are sort of.
Speaker 5: Saying, somebody's strained strange behavior while in the White House. There's actually footage from late March been circulating where they're starting to see some of the knives come out where Elon was at a dinner with Trump and some of his fellow congressman what do we call them, senators and whatnot. And Elon was at the end of the table balancing seven forks on a spoon at the dinner and that's pretty good. And Trump Trump was just staring through him. And they're saying, that's where we started seeing some.
Speaker 2: This is because he's taken the attention off Trump.
Speaker 3: That's pretty good.
Speaker 4: That's a particular guy, you know what I mean?
Speaker 3: You know what, it was one of those relationships where two very big personalities. It was bound to burn out. It was bound.
Speaker 1: He's on all the time, he's he's he's got Ashburger's that on the spectrum.
Speaker 2: And they say what he takes for it? He takes Indian Ministry takes MDM.
Speaker 5: A, the big ones. He takes what does it people do to put you to sleep? Ketamine?
Speaker 3: The one they used for the horse train, call the you know the thie.
Speaker 5: You know there was the thy cave where they save the kids they put them on ked the horse track.
Speaker 3: Well, now it's also a party drugs special they call it. Yeah. Now.
Speaker 5: But some of the crazy stuff going on, so like, for instance, Elong's criticizing all of a lot of Trump's you know, his bills that he's passing through, his tax bill and whatnot, and Trump's come back saying that he's delusional, and some of the stuff that happened within the White House personal attacks mainly.
Speaker 3: Fin my favorite thing was when Elon came out and said that the Epstein files won't be released because the one Donald Trump's on it wasn't.
Speaker 5: The Trump one of the ones that released it, Like, wasn't he like one of the main Well, he.
Speaker 4: Was the one that said that they were going.
Speaker 5: To imagine that as a conspiracy. He's pushed so hard to get it released so he could protect himself.
Speaker 2: Because they would have moved in the same.
Speaker 6: Circles photographs of them.
Speaker 5: So right now I've gone with let's push four top five friendships that have ended very, very bad.
Speaker 3: Prepared this segment.
Speaker 5: So first one, Yeah, here we go. First, I've gone Mark Zuckerberg versus Edwino Savagin.
Speaker 3: As we all know from the.
Speaker 5: Social Network movie The Facebook college roommates turned Facebook co founders, Edward gradually pushed out, pushed out as Zuckerberg brought in investors. His shares diluted without warning, and they had to severn. They had settle it in court, which we all sort of saw in that movie, which was quite a bitter end to.
Speaker 2: This's a super villain, Zuckerberger.
Speaker 3: A good fighter, mate, good wrestling.
Speaker 2: Bring it on.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I wouldn't want to be made John's verse. Mark one of my favorites, one of my favorites.
Speaker 5: Here, I've got Nicole Richie versus Paris Hilton. As we all remember, they once the queens of Hollywood party scene, The Simple Life?
Speaker 2: Was that a show?
Speaker 4: Yeah, they had a reality show simple.
Speaker 3: Life, how ironic nother They get.
Speaker 1: Dressed in dollar dresses and going But we met, We met Nicole, Richie did, Yeah, you did?
Speaker 3: You were there when Jack got the picture.
Speaker 5: That was never mind, we discrip that that wasn't. Their friendship exploded in two thousand and five after rumors rumors circulated that Nicole screen paris Is sex tape at a party, backstabbing, jealousy and and what. No, it became quite apparent when Paris wouldn't allude to what happened, and on the front page of some major magazine it said, Nicole knows what she did from Paris.
Speaker 3: As they all do. You know, you know what?
Speaker 4: You know what you did?
Speaker 2: She was She was with Benji Madden from she must have she must have.
Speaker 3: Left her and gone shopping in the city, for.
Speaker 4: He actually stayed with his wife.
Speaker 2: Disappeared half an hour and she went, I said.
Speaker 6: You know what, I actually like both of those Madden boys, and I actually like their choices of wives to cool.
Speaker 3: Okay, the next one?
Speaker 4: Are we rating these?
Speaker 2: In my mind?
Speaker 5: The Battle of the Alphas. I like to call this one the Rock versus Vin diesel On the Fast and Furious. But things quickly went.
Speaker 3: Off track the truck.
Speaker 5: The Rock called the unnamed co stars clearly Vin for professional for unprofessional behavior. Vin later called Dwayne little brother and claimed he was giving him tough love, which is a massive big dog. The Rock opted out of the main series and then calling the environment toxic, so he obviously went off and did that. Jason Strath and one don't know how well that one.
Speaker 4: I'm totally on rock side. I like him.
Speaker 3: You like the Rock?
Speaker 2: Yeah, what he says to pretty odd man?
Speaker 3: Yeah, quirky? Who is it?
Speaker 2: Vin Diesel? As well?
Speaker 3: What else you got? Okay?
Speaker 5: Another another one of the big dogs, We've gone Steve Jobs versus Bill Gates, pioneers of the personal computing once for enemies, but things got tense when Microsoft launched Windows obviously and Jobs accused Gates of stealing ideas. Wow, the rivalry turned personal, with public jabs on both sides, but they actually reconciled just before Jobs.
Speaker 2: Is down.
Speaker 3: Edward Job edgeb.
Speaker 2: Him for a long time.
Speaker 5: Number one, I've gone with the colossus of friendships turned rivals, John's v John's Andrew versus Matthew Job the biggest of course, to hear your take on it, yeah, once a halves pairing that you know, brothers grew up in dominating personal love with their their their cat that they shared. What was the cat's name again, Phil?
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dusty he went missing yea does run alongside their cat Phil and then turned.
Speaker 2: Bitter rivals anymore.
Speaker 3: Well, different media networks, very prickly, very pretty.
Speaker 1: I had got one jack that was excellent over the course of the weekend. Every time I got Pitt Street Mall, there's a you know, there's a vegan protest there, like a lot of vegans. Anyway, there's one bloke I was running into this really good blake, his Roosters fan, and he comes up and we have a good chat and we're talking about were bonding over our loss of Charlie and made he got really emotional when I told him about Charlie passing and actually got a tear in his eye. And I thought, oh, so he goes, Maddie, can you just do me a favor? He said, would you have a girl bonervilla? And I said, brother, for you, I'll have a crack a crack, I'll have a crack now. He got off to a slow start because from there I went to hungry Jack's and as I was walking back, I was enjoying a delicious whopper and went passing. He looked at me, he went, he goes, yeah, a bit of a slow start, Maddie. Yeah, sorry about that.
Speaker 3: Start tomorrow, are actually gonna give a crack? I love crack vegan.
Speaker 4: I could easily.
Speaker 3: Can you hate tune on?
Speaker 6: No?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Yeah, tune is okay?
Speaker 3: Yeah. I don't think it is an animal.
Speaker 4: Yeah, no, no, I think vegan is just meat and dairy.
Speaker 3: You don't have are you sure?
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm good.
Speaker 3: I'm checking it now. I believe my lovetop here.
Speaker 5: Today we needed fact check stuff because I think the comment sections has turned into a fact I'd.
Speaker 4: Like to self correct something from last week. For myself. I felt into it with the double and it's just.
Speaker 3: One yelling is my thing. Somebody else pulled me and you up for saying Steven Spielberg was actually a producer on Gremlins, not the director.
Speaker 2: Oh Jesus Christ, director producer.
Speaker 3: He was there exactly, Okay, okay.
Speaker 5: So the vegan diet is rich and divers fruits and vegetables, grains, leg rooms, legs, legs, It's like beans, lentils, et cetera, nuts and seeds, plant based proteins, dairy alternatives. What can't we have oils and condiments?
Speaker 4: N Trusia on the bit that I thought that you could have fish products.
Speaker 3: You can't. That's a pescatarian.
Speaker 4: A pescatarian does have fish.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 2: What a bit of Presbyterian what they believe in, they.
Speaker 3: Believe in God, you know, talking about doing things on your own, I've started this new thing that I'm trying to do more activities just on my own because I I it hard to socialize with people during the week because everyone's at work because I did breakfast radio, so I'm working while everyone's to sleep.
Speaker 2: YEP.
Speaker 3: I went and play golf the other day on my own, but they put me in a group with two so like two people that were already playing. Yeah, two strangers, and can I just say it was probably one of the most uncomfortable I've ever been in my life. And I'm pretty comfortable in uncomfortable situations, but it was a hard slug like what were the Well, the small talk is one thing, right, and I'm driving most of the conversation because I'm a conversationalist.
Speaker 4: How well were they?
Speaker 3: One was about fifty three and the other was twenty two.
Speaker 4: Oh okay, someone was there, little man.
Speaker 3: They didn't know each other either the fifty three or just lives locally. It was his daughter's birthday on that day. And the irishman he was an irishman. He was on holiday. He was out here for another month, and he was playing golf.
Speaker 2: Oh look at that straight down a minute.
Speaker 3: The worst part was they were very good, oh straight in the hall and in golf as well. They were he was. They were both very good at golf. And I was, look, I have I have good days and I have horrendous days. This day happened to be horrendostage because I was also under the pressure of playing with two stranded people. I lost twenty one balls in the water and the bushes. Yeah, and there was one. At one point I had to join a zoom meeting, so I was. I had an AirPod in and was playing with an airpord in talking while I was right. They were like and I was talking their backswing. I think they were off me. There was a bloke there come up when I was looking for one of my balls, his old fella, and was sledging me. And then he was like I play golf with your dad. I don't know who he thought my dad was because you haven't touched a golf.
Speaker 5: Must have thought it was Andrew. Because Andrew plays.
Speaker 1: Golf and he plays, he gets over there, he plays monash and comes over.
Speaker 2: Ever this way a little bit, is he?
Speaker 3: Well? Yeah, he actually he played with Greg Norman once. I believe Joey did. Joey.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that had been an interesting round.
Speaker 3: There's a picture of it. Yeah.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's my day to talk about myself.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I tell you what, I got a lot out of it. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Well, I'm going to say you've been watching that through the Apple TV series Stick. Yeah. Owen Wilson this.
Speaker 3: Week knew this mate. Excellent segue from you. Ja.
Speaker 1: Before we go there, could I just do one shout out? One shout out? Congratulations? Congratulations to Willy Peters. Willy Peters last Saturday night won the Challenge Cap Final, probably one of the greatest traditions in rugby league over there in England a Wembley Stadium. They beat Sammy's Warrington Wolves eighty six with a try two minutes two minutes to go in the.
Speaker 3: Game, and they beat them last year as well. Was it.
Speaker 1: They beat I think a bit Lee Leopards last No, no, they sorry, someone beat they come?
Speaker 2: They got beat last year.
Speaker 3: Whole K and so many that and people that don't know the ins and outs of the Super League. Whole KR they're not a they're not like on the level of some of those dominant clubs. They are now, they are now. But yeah, he's done a very good job to get him up there. So shout out to Willy.
Speaker 2: First first Challenge Cup they have won since nineteen eighty.
Speaker 3: Who would be the equivalent of this year in the NFL? Who would a whole KR kind of be the equivalent to a team that be like the Raiders?
Speaker 1: Probably I reckon it be a little bit. Probably Sharkis We've got a bit more credib that. I reckon the Sharks With that.
Speaker 2: You look at.
Speaker 1: Amy and go, are they contender or not? But Willy has transformed them. When they got over, they were struggling, and when he got there, Willie and Willis Willi's a sort of quite pretty sensitive sort of guy.
Speaker 2: He's gonna be a real test.
Speaker 5: I've had really as an assistant twice once at Souse, and I had him for two years in Newcastle good Man. And you know what, Yeah, probably one of the more sensitive coaches I've ever had. You know, coaches are a bit how do I say, they're a bit desensitized, desensitized by a lot of stuff that goes on. But Will he's one of those coaches. He's always there, He's always he's very empathetic, coach terrific.
Speaker 3: Yeahed A lot of a lot of coaches can lose their empathy. Willy has someone who has a great perspective of players. Yeah, he understands what players need, the point of view of players. A lot of coaches, as they leave the playing nest, they become more of almost like a business ceo. They look at people like pawns. Move this guy to be four, Yes, save the night and the Queen.
Speaker 2: They want loyalty. A lot of a lot of them got no loyalty.
Speaker 5: But also I'll also shout out because Willia and he took across my rehab partner. So I say, sue Jesse, big Jesse, he's over there and he's been playing great for whole k JW.
Speaker 3: He's been in rehab.
Speaker 5: Was he he was in rehab with me, with me and when I had me shouldered my real bad sholder Eco me, Jesse Sue and Edrick Lee. We were like a threesome of rehab partners that we've we pretty much had like sixteen weeks together. It's a weird every day, just us three training. Honestly, two of the best blaces. I love going through two of the best blas.
Speaker 2: I just I love the English game. I got up and watched it.
Speaker 1: After the game, I went back to look at some old you got a British game. I was laying on the lounge because I was in the lounge.
Speaker 4: Last night the other night.
Speaker 2: Did you not sleep with ye the other night? Yeah?
Speaker 1: No, No, I was on the lounge and I went back to look some old English games. Can I just say one thing about the English game?
Speaker 3: Would you just a little bit of true? Even if we said no, I feel like you're force.
Speaker 1: Going to anyway when we're talking about like it makes me very proud.
Speaker 2: This story to be a rugby league person.
Speaker 1: It back back in the day when the apartheid regime was going on in South Africa. They would not let blacks play rugby. So a lot of the great black South African rugby league players went and played rugby union players who'd say went to and played rugby league in England?
Speaker 3: Is that where they are?
Speaker 1: Yes, there's a fellow called Halt It was a tri scoring freak who played for Wigan. Fellow called green Vega amazing player. And as he's there's a band in Manchester now called green Vigo named after him.
Speaker 3: And there's a song as well, is it vigle Miss?
Speaker 2: But I just think that's a that's a bit of a it's a fact that is not actually like that.
Speaker 3: That's a very that's very interesting. I didn't realize that they they would go over to England.
Speaker 1: And even white South African players who would protest against the apartheid regime would go and play in England.
Speaker 3: Was there many white South African players at the time who did that?
Speaker 1: In the in the seventies That year that the most prolific triscrew and rugby league history outside of Brian Bevan was a was a watch South African player who played for Saint Helen's.
Speaker 2: I'll get his name later and give it to you a sect bit of research Google.
Speaker 5: Can I just get the REGI the segu coober Johns. You've been watching stick TV series with Owen Wilson about your golfing.
Speaker 3: Very strange, very good, like the sound effects Jack's on Today's Lately, he's a really bit Owen Wilson Stick new Apple TV series outstanding, So it's about golf that you don't need to like golf to watch it. It's like Happy Gilmore in a sense. It's very funny. He's like a ex pro golfer who's lost his ship and now he's like gone off. He's divorced, he's got no money left, he's an alcohol league like everything that's quite funny. And then he finds this young kid and he's like going to bring him through the ranks.
Speaker 4: As like as a protege.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, like he's going to coach him. It's it's only it's only about four episodes out right now, but it is very good and it got me thinking, right because Happy Gilmore's two's coming out this year as well. Yep, lots going on, But Owen Wilson is one of my favorite actors of all time, So I wanted to get everyone's first gold, silver, and bronze for Owen Wilson because I think Owen is very underestimated in the comic. In the comic you know amongst Adam Sandler and Will Ferrell the comedy genre.
Speaker 5: Yeah, you said the words comic and you put yourself in a bit of a hole there, didn't you.
Speaker 3: No, not really, Dad.
Speaker 1: You want to go Yeah, sure, I'll go Bronze Wedding Crashes, Silver Hall Pass and Gold Midnight in Paris.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I thought you were going to say Midnight in Paris.
Speaker 3: Love it move seen.
Speaker 5: I've Gone Funny.
Speaker 2: You've got to see it. It's awesome.
Speaker 4: It has funny beats, but it's more serious.
Speaker 2: It's it's a it's a what do they call it? Drama here?
Speaker 5: I've Gone with My Bronze is Starsky and Hutch directed by Todd Phillips. It's one of the best. It's very good with Ben Steeller, my set, my toom Bronze. I've Gone with the Royal Tennant Bonds, uh two thousand and one now not people will know this. It's a Wes Anderson movie. It's very different, bizarre, like all Wes Anderson movies are, but two of the favorites, like massive cast Anderson. Actually it's got a crazy cast, like incredible car.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and what.
Speaker 5: People know about the Will the Wilson brother Luke and Owen. They actually started their career with Wes.
Speaker 3: Anderson doing the movie Bottle Rocket, Bottle.
Speaker 5: He's got a real he's got a real like. He has a real good way of directing those two. Give it a watch. It is a very good movie if you want to give it a go. Ben Still is in that as well. Actually, yeah, and the Royal Tenant bol the other.
Speaker 4: One with the second bottle Rocket Bottle.
Speaker 3: Rocket, Yeah, very good.
Speaker 5: And then my number one, of course, Wedding Crashes. That's with Vince warn probably one of the best comedy movies up there with Step Brothers.
Speaker 6: I think it's I'm with you on that note on Wedding Crashes number one, number two Midnight in Paris and number three I went to Meet the Fockers.
Speaker 4: I really liked his character.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, you forget that, he's you meet the fuck.
Speaker 2: We saw that in Paris. Do we We're on.
Speaker 1: The Chantalise When we were playing at Wigan, we went across the weekend and on the Sunday we went to the movie theater together.
Speaker 2: Yep.
Speaker 1: And you were late. You did some shopping and and it was it was of course in it was in English, but they had the French subtitles and well, we're all laughing. Me, Trisha and I would laugh about three seconds for everyone else.
Speaker 3: Oh really they go wee.
Speaker 2: Oh, it's just something funny, going to have a guys.
Speaker 3: I had Bronze Hall Pass, Silver, Wedding Crashes, Gold, Starsky and Hutch. Actually watched Starsky and Arch earlier this week. It is that funny.
Speaker 4: Really, I didn't love that.
Speaker 3: What there is, yeah, I guess, But there's the cast in it is so big. There are so many Vince Vaughan, Owen Wilson, Will Ferrell's in it, Ben Stiller, Jason Bateman's in it. Jason, he plays Vince Spawn's like sidekick, cocaine sidekick.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, let's get down the business before the business is hitting down.
Speaker 3: Snoop Dogg is so good in that. Snoop Doggs in it. Yeah, he's very good. Did he plays he's like a pimp.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he's a pimp.
Speaker 4: Does a lot of little cameos in that? Did he in Old School?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 4: I did a cameo and bring your green hat.
Speaker 3: We're going.
Speaker 2: Thinking of a masked plan, Snoop.
Speaker 3: You know who director? So the fellow Tod Phillips directed Old School. He did Starsky and Hutch. He did all the Hangovers as well. I also did. I did Joke, Yeah he did too. He did Joker with Keen, Phoenix and Very Hangover series. Yeah did.
Speaker 2: He appears. He appears in all the movies, doesn't he. He does cameos and little ones.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so in everyone in.
Speaker 5: Old School, he's the guy that walks in at the start of the movie. And girls, I'm here for the gang. Gang.
Speaker 3: That's a good one. That's a good one.
Speaker 5: He's always Yeah, he's always in an elevator doing su stuff.
Speaker 3: In The Hangover. A couple other really good Old Willson movies that we've missed out. Drill Bit Taylor. You ever seen that? I love that cars He's Lightning McQueen. Brother, he's the voice of Lightning McQueen. Did you know Wilson?
Speaker 2: Who can do the best Wilson impersonation?
Speaker 4: Wow?
Speaker 3: Wow, Wow Wow Marley and me. Wow, I'm gonna have to put it Marley Jazz.
Speaker 5: Hey, Chash, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know that's ship.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I can't.
Speaker 5: Wow, Like you got to bring your like cheeks in.
Speaker 3: It's all very nasily because his nose is broken.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Marley and me, I need a quote, let me think you just live in the dream.
Speaker 3: I will have some meat love. You want to meet love, met love?
Speaker 2: What she's doing?
Speaker 5: That was chas But Yeahsking snood Dog played Huggy Bear.
Speaker 3: That's right. Very what else has got Zoolander? He's obviously a new Yeah, han Cell Yeah, han Cell Han Solo and the Internship remember that where him and Vince Vaughn an old salesman and they have to go to Google.
Speaker 2: Very good.
Speaker 3: It's actually a very good movie. It is good. Yeah, very I got one for you all.
Speaker 5: Halves pairing. Are you going with Owen Wilson and Ben Stiller, Owen Wilson and Vince Vaughan, Vince Faughn, I think Vince Yeah, on the back of I actually.
Speaker 3: Got more with them Stiller but yeah, because they also did Night at the Museum, Yes, they did, which was an excellent I think. I think.
Speaker 1: I think Owen Wilson and Ben still are too similar. Play that sort of quirky, goofy guy where Vince Vaughn plays that plays the arshole really well.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Vince Faughn's good. And it's also a battle of heights. Vince Faun's tall. If you're tall you need a small guy like look at Arnold Schwartzenegger and Danny de Vito. Yeah, tall and short. Look at you and Gordon Dad yeah.
Speaker 2: True true.
Speaker 3: And Fletch or you and Heindy I think you and Steve Crawley.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I'm the giant gees crawled by like that. Mate, Oh yeah yeah, so goodbody your ko contract Where I met He came on the Footy Show when You Vince Vaughn and he was filthy because he come off a dodgeball and then started fat for He forgot to introduced him right now.
Speaker 2: We've got a big show tonight.
Speaker 1: We're gonna talk about this game and then we're going to get the state of origin coach on. You didn't mention Vince Fawn. We didn't even know he's on Glen Palace. Come down and goes, mate, didn't mention him, didn't mention Vin Foran.
Speaker 2: They're gonna leave. They had to smooth it over and we had a game of dodgeball. But he just totally forgot he was he was. He did you I'm trying to dodgeball? You know.
Speaker 3: I watched the other day.
Speaker 5: I forget that Vince Vaughan and Ben Steel had that did that together as well. Yeah, Wilson, no, Ben Stiller and yeah, but the Sixers, the five Apes had to movee together.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Yeah, what was I about to say? I watched Talladay Good Nights through the Week. Did you have Will Ferrell and John c Riley on for that movie at foot Show Red?
Speaker 2: Now? I I did with Read Dragonman the Regimen Bill.
Speaker 3: Yeah we did. Yeah, yeah, when you pretended to get arrested. Yes, that's it, remember that skip that But that was for that movie. Was that Johnny you're thinking?
Speaker 1: There was another one we had that was the General Lee, the guy who just lives around the corner. He who's got the General Lee. We used that for the Johnny Knoxville one.
Speaker 3: He's got the dukes of hazard car here.
Speaker 5: For years.
Speaker 4: I haven't seen it for a while.
Speaker 3: How much is it you?
Speaker 2: How much?
Speaker 3: How much could I buy it off him for?
Speaker 2: And ask him? Hilmar Hillmar Street.
Speaker 4: There's there's books and sites those car sails.
Speaker 1: That was where he was driving the car, the bloke and I was in the back suait Johnny Knolls in the front and we're driving through the cross and hit the horn. No no, no, no no no, pulled over by the police. Johnny Knoxville goes, hey, man, is it many?
Speaker 2: Is this part of the joke? I went, no, No, this is serious, guest. I'm holding riches in pocket, pulled out about four m d mates swallowed them. It's on camera.
Speaker 3: Here's something, here's something for you.
Speaker 5: I'm not sure if I'm going over the top here as a fact checker, but the generally with the iconic car from the dukes of Hazard was actually an automatic had an automatic transmission?
Speaker 4: Were they trying to make out it was a man?
Speaker 3: We're going to have to take this laptop off again.
Speaker 1: That doesn't the generally hasn't dated well with the conferate flag on it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, the Deep South? Anything anyone else? Anyone got anything else I have?
Speaker 4: I've got some early signs of dementia. There's six scigns here.
Speaker 3: In anyone.
Speaker 2: Lack of punctuality.
Speaker 4: You can't see as well as you used to. I'm a tick for that. And I also think these.
Speaker 3: Are very old people.
Speaker 2: There's there's an old jack. Can you just type something in? Does masturbation affect your.
Speaker 4: Thank you make you blind? You've had a personality change. I haven't had personality change, Matt. You have tick. It's hard to find the right words or remember them. All I do stuff for that. I'll see a word, I just can't grab it.
Speaker 2: I'm trying to to think of a word at the moment. There it is, I'm not going to use it.
Speaker 6: Another one is you find at home, but get lost on holidays.
Speaker 4: I don't really get lost on holidays.
Speaker 1: I got lost and foundists from poking room yesterday, where I was.
Speaker 4: Learning new things is not as easy as before. I love learning new things.
Speaker 6: And that's and in the last one is it's harder to remember names, conversations or recent events.
Speaker 4: So you remember older things, but things that happened more recently.
Speaker 3: I struggle, Like short term, I find I'm really struggling at the moment. Like I can remember song songs from my teens. I remember all the lyrics. Oh yeah, the same as people i've met. I can't, like, of the last three years, people I've met, I forget all their names, but I can't remember the last person's name I remember from the last three.
Speaker 6: But Cooper, I think there's a number of things involved in that. One you're meeting a lot more people and you're a lot busier. And two when you're meeting them, Potentially you might have had a few drinks. With age.
Speaker 4: You know you're drinking where young you weren't drinking.
Speaker 5: Just on the blindness myth around masturbation, the belief that masturbation you can lead to blindness is an old myth which has no scientific basis from certified sex therapist apparently, but in some cases, in the instance of aggressive masturbation, you can cause your eyes to water, which can lead to blariness.
Speaker 3: Okay, are we going to pull up Jack for pronouncing it masturbation.
Speaker 4: He's always said it and I've never corrected it. I think it makes it sound much nice.
Speaker 5: I'm sticking to it. Master Mate his name, his name is Josh Bait that I grut with and we always just make a joke of it because on his passport when you're under eighteen, it says master on it, and his name was Master Bate, So.
Speaker 2: We always very good.
Speaker 3: I thought it was brilliant, and now you're stuck with it. Shout to Josh. He's got a construction business.
Speaker 4: Lead.
Speaker 3: Don't don't play it because he's not ethical. Apparently, he underpays a lot of his and he outsources from like third world countries.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, he's on side. He's a bit like he's got eight year olds work that already pays my dollar.
Speaker 3: Now yeah, well, now his name's out there.
Speaker 4: There was a girl and she calls him mom, and she says, mom, can you come and get me?
Speaker 6: It's been really nasty to me. And the dad keeps smiling at me, and the mom says, no, you have to say that they're your kids and your husband.
Speaker 3: I think you've done that?
Speaker 4: Have I done it?
Speaker 2: It's a rather, it's a forgettable joke.
Speaker 3: I'm worried about Jack's brain because all he does is ask chat GBT to think for it.
Speaker 2: Or he does his master button.
Speaker 3: That should do us. I reckon, I reckon.
Speaker 2: That just drew the curtain.
Speaker 3: You know a lot of people say you should always finish on a high. Well, it's awesome to finish on.
Speaker 5: That lone one second, I think he wants to say something.
Speaker 4: Jack's best man. There you go, thank you, thank you.
Speaker 3: You know what, even even Jack Zingers don't translate through the chat GPT. It's been hanging around with you.
Speaker 4: To I will done, Jack, you get the gold medal to great great weekend.
Speaker 2: We're tired for silver coops, she was going good.
Speaker 3: To let the joke