Speaker 1: Lawrence.
Speaker 2: You know we love the Victorian Police. Every couple of weeks we get a different area of the cops in and every couple of weeks we catch up with our resident friendly police officer Cheesy.
Speaker 3: Good morning, Good morning everyone.
Speaker 4: Now I missed you last time you were in here, and that was because I was away. I took a week off. We had a bit of an emergency amongst our family and friends and I had to go to Queensland very quickly, and it was a police incident, and it was the first time I had seen firsthand how hard the police work in moments of trauma and under very difficult circumstances. And I just want to say thank you because I've never fully understand how stressful and hard your jobs can be, and I saw it firsthand, and I saw how hard you guys work. The Victorian Police, knew South Wales, Queensland Police, but policemen in general. And thank you for all the work you do.
Speaker 3: Thanks Lauren. I think often our members go and get involved in situations which are very traumatic to people who are involved. Yes, So to hear that the service and the professionalism of the police in regards to you and your friends was great is really what we own for.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and you're dealing in such stressful situations and the police officers we dealt we did it with such grace and poise and understanding in such a difficult situation, and that must be so taxing and tolling on you as police officers as well.
Speaker 3: I think it is taxing, and we've seen that with the number of people who are going out on stress after being in the police force for a long period of time. We just need to try and you know, people look at us in these times to take charge and have leadership and be professional, and we try and do that, but you know, we're people as well, so there is an emotional toll often with what we go through.
Speaker 5: Can I switch gears if possible? I want to talk about something that's been in the headlines, and that is Toning mock Bell, one of Victoria's more notorious criminals.
Speaker 2: You ever come across him?
Speaker 3: I met him years ago. He was actually in custody and I was part of the escort to to where we were going.
Speaker 4: So what about the escort for this latest court appearance with the big Mac truck?
Speaker 2: Do you call the big garment truck?
Speaker 3: Yeah, we have that like the bear cat. The cat.
Speaker 5: So he's got a he's got an ankle bracelet on. Now his movement is monitored, but is also dependent on bail conditions obviously, so what he's bail. Generally someone like him would have to report to police daily.
Speaker 3: So he's reporting daily. He has an ankle bracelet on. I'm not I'm not aware of any other conditions. There's just you know, the risk of flight because they fled last time to Greece. Clearly, so the cord is satisfied that the bail conditions imposed will make him more accountable.
Speaker 5: Well, what's chut like with when he comes to the police station, Tony, how's your take?
Speaker 3: It's really funny, say, some of it are more notorious notorious infamous people, you know they are. They are business people, just in a different business. They can be very charismatic.
Speaker 4: I reckon he would be very good.
Speaker 2: Even when he stratted out of court the other day and like the nice press suit, there was some cheers. It was crazy.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I think he did a lot. Like even though his money, his money that he gained was through a through criminal activity, he was very generous with that money to other people. So it's like a Robin Hood sort of scenario.
Speaker 5: Just to yet another chapter in in Melbourne's Underworld.
Speaker 2: Professional to ask for a selfie when you're coming in my imagining, I don't think I can give a selfie.
Speaker 4: Yeah right, I reckon people would be seeing him because he was out Northland the other day going people.
Speaker 1: He was your mind.
Speaker 4: He was down the shape.
Speaker 1: Saft to shave shopping.
Speaker 2: You can't hit the smartphone to take the photo. He's not allowed touch him.
Speaker 1: No, he's got a smartphone band a smart phone.
Speaker 2: He's gonna have a nock here.
Speaker 3: So if you.
Speaker 4: Get out the phone but not a smartphone, hello, moto.
Speaker 5: Not allowed at the two pay shop after weeks.
Speaker 2: Just quickly before we get to a pressing issue, which is us joining the police force. I've got my eleven year old son, Felix.
Speaker 4: Morning school, holidays, Felix. If you don't behave yourself, he's going to arrest you and take you to the police. Day boy, I would not want that.
Speaker 2: Cheesy just said he can take a rip in the squad car. I was like, mate, sick, sick. A couple of issues. First thing is the Minecraft movie is huge at the moment.
Speaker 1: The Minecraft like in the mind Jack black.
Speaker 2: You know the game Minecraft they made into a movie. It's huge, But there's YouTube clips going around telling kids to scream out lines and stuff in the movie.
Speaker 4: To scream it out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and kids are jumping on chairs, lines out and stuff. Felix was concerned that you can get arrested for doing that in the movies.
Speaker 3: Is that, Felix, My my year old son went with his mates two nights ago and he showed me video. They were screaming what are they screaming?
Speaker 4: Like chanting? Yes, can you get arrested for that?
Speaker 3: You said the movie wasn't great, but everybody was in what are you screaming?
Speaker 2: Like, screaming out?
Speaker 3: What are they screaming?
Speaker 2: Lines in the movie?
Speaker 4: Like memes in the movie, like what can you give me? Example, I'm Steve, I'm Steve, I am Steve. Like that.
Speaker 1: You can't get in strife that speaking of there.
Speaker 4: Are things that you could get arrested for in the movies.
Speaker 3: Yeah, to bad No exactly.
Speaker 2: And you hope that shenanigans aren't going on in the Minecraft movie. Cheesy there was. There's a viral video that keeps popping up on my Instagram feeder. The kids are all over it. And when Felix found out you're coming in this morning, he wanted to ask you an important question.
Speaker 1: What's your badge number?
Speaker 3: Badge number is so so when you join, you get a number and it's a quench a so they go up. So I'm a two six zero two nine and I think we're up to forty five?
Speaker 4: What's that?
Speaker 3: What does that mean?
Speaker 2: I've seen this video there is a guy all over Instagram and he's traveling the world and he walks up the cops, going watch your badge number, and they give it and they're like, good boy. And he's become so big that some police officers are recognizing him now and they're calling him out first.
Speaker 4: So what happens if someone asks your badge number? Do you have to tell them?
Speaker 3: I have no issue telling them. We often have when we go to demonstrations. Now, you know, we had the name tag like I've got on now. Yeah, but then we were getting spam by.
Speaker 4: Oh those people so annoying, aren't they?
Speaker 6: Do?
Speaker 4: You just hate those people?
Speaker 2: You can't even taze them in the foot or anything, can you.
Speaker 3: It's just there's just you know, there's no middle ground.
Speaker 2: No, there really isn't. Hey, guys, let me set this scene. To get to the police force, you have to do the police recruitment exams.
Speaker 4: The police recruitment exam, some of the questions, oh my goodness, are so basic. I was like, surely, surely, surely this isn't real, and I was like, is this for real? And then all of a sudden it got so hard.
Speaker 3: So when I joined, you didn't need year twelve.
Speaker 4: So the first four questions, Felix could have passed.
Speaker 3: It's harder now and it is still difficult, but most people pass. And we have dropped. We have dropped the stand a little bit because you're trying to get more people to standard. Okay, that's probably true.
Speaker 2: Here's the guy.
Speaker 1: We've got to get there so hard.
Speaker 4: We're going to go to a break logical thinking and fine Crosstun.
Speaker 2: On the other side of this, Cheesey has our exam papers. He has gone through the results, and we'll find out who would actually get you.
Speaker 4: No, wait, you at home, and I reckon you would have cheated write.
Speaker 2: A few penois before I did it, So helps all right, the results of our police entrance exam coming up next.
Speaker 4: Jason Lauren Jason Lauren on for one hundred.
Speaker 2: Now friendly and resident police officer Cheesy is in the house Awayne Cheeseman, superintendent and possibly our future boss.
Speaker 4: He's a friendly policeman on our show.
Speaker 2: Do you guys watch Police Academy movie Tackleberry? He'd be Tackleberry Cheesy, he'd be tackle all right. So here's the go we got given the police entrance, the.
Speaker 4: Real thing that everyone has to see if you want to join the police force.
Speaker 2: I have to do a big shout out. She's a friend of the show. Nikki from the Australian Council of Education Research. She put together a mini exam for us because she knew we only had the attention span of an aunt there for yourself.
Speaker 1: There online a c there all you Ni Clinton.
Speaker 4: I did it in the same room, but at the opposite ends of a very long boardroom as well, and he was howling. He's like, wait to get to the question about the meat tray or nothing. I was like, what are the towels with the towels selling the towels? And I was like, no, it can't be that hard. And then thirty seconds later I was screaming about the town.
Speaker 2: You don't have to reset it, do you? Every few years or anything and good and snow.
Speaker 1: All right, let's go through it a different section.
Speaker 2: Yeah, there is, there's literacy and numeracy, writing, digital literacy. All right, we're going to start with.
Speaker 4: Where do you want to start cheese, because you're going to give us our results.
Speaker 3: Well, I've got I've got the feedback, some feedback, and it's mixed. It's mixed. I've come to be honest. I won't read it all that it'll take too much time. But if you want to play the audio and then you can make comments.
Speaker 1: One of the questions, the final one, it's in the situation room.
Speaker 2: It's a video that they play you on the test and then you have to hit record and describe the scene.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, questions about it. This was like there are four people there. There was two men in their thirties arguing, a man in a red hoodie sitting on a couch with sunglasses, and a young woman i'd say in her mid to late twenties grafitting on the wall. She had a backpack on and a multi colored backpack it looked like like a fake Massoni backpack and shadow hoodie on that had yellow writing and it was black. I think the two men arguing were fighting over this young woman's perhaps heart relation. They both wanted to have relations with her. I think I think the boys were fighting over the girl, and I do think her backpack looked like a fake designer? Is that's a kind of information you'd like?
Speaker 3: So what we have is you were very very good, Lauren. Oh, your observations were highly accurate, uniquely descriptive. You even talked about the hair length indicator by the placement on the females anatomy. Yes, you used the word weapon down the pants at which was very descriptive and provides quite a visual.
Speaker 1: Just looked like he had you.
Speaker 3: Also, and I'm not surprised by this, you talked about the female subjects fashion and who and he did concerned that perhaps her handbag may have been a fake. Very good, but you're you were You gave a description that was passionate, passionate, and you made it clear that fashion crimes are very serious.
Speaker 2: The guy all right, So I've got the passionate standing, Lauren, Well, that was very good.
Speaker 1: I'm very jealous, I am very radic question very I'm an.
Speaker 4: Attention to detail. Do you think he was finding over the girl?
Speaker 1: The boys?
Speaker 3: All right?
Speaker 2: So this is cleinch response.
Speaker 1: There was quite a few people involved.
Speaker 6: I did the two males remonstrating with each other. I also saw a lady with a hoodie on and she seemed to be tagging something bit graffiti or scratching something into the wall. There's also two very sharp looking police officers.
Speaker 1: And that's about it.
Speaker 3: I think. I click. You were also very good. You have a strong You have a strong mastery of the vocabulary in such terms as remonstrating and affray, but then you use more colloquial language such as a full blown barney. You mix it up. Lauren mentioned before that you were seeing an opposite end of the table, but the test has thought that you were in collusion with like potentially at the risk of cheating.
Speaker 1: You got all my best tips.
Speaker 3: You don't want to cheat on a police You did have a tendency to stray away from the facts and embellish with the additional some fictional elements such as vaping, drug deal gone wrong, paint candy. But overall your very strong voice and very creative imagination.
Speaker 2: Thank you.
Speaker 4: I also said the guy with the sunglasses looked like a drug dealer.
Speaker 1: Yes, he did well. He looked at his vaping.
Speaker 4: And he had sunglasses on inside Society, not on the.
Speaker 1: Let's leave it there, No, no, no, let's press on check.
Speaker 4: It's your turn.
Speaker 1: J Hawkins play the audio.
Speaker 2: I obviously took the question wrong.
Speaker 4: Well you didn't take it seriously.
Speaker 2: So we're having a public disagreement. Well, I didn't know. I had to dictate all the personal details.
Speaker 4: What did you say?
Speaker 2: So we're having a public disagreement.
Speaker 1: Who the people.
Speaker 3: In the video?
Speaker 4: There were many people in the What about the drug dealer.
Speaker 1: In the corner who were very sharp?
Speaker 4: Drug dealer in the corner with the fake hambag? That's different. You didn't even say how many people were there.
Speaker 1: I didn't know.
Speaker 2: We had to put all the details.
Speaker 4: What about cheesy?
Speaker 3: So despite the feedback from Clinton, Lauren, you were described as brief, succinct, and efficient, understood the event and provided just the facts with no embellishment. You work had clear pronunciation, tone and volume, and it would be thought that you would be very good at the dog squad where you have to bark orders at the dog very quickly and very succinctly.
Speaker 2: Would I be the dog or the handle?
Speaker 3: Now you would be the headliner.
Speaker 1: That's what he does is us the dark's orders. All right, okay, So.
Speaker 4: That was just like you would have no hope solving a crime with Jason's information.
Speaker 2: Well, no, he's saying I'm accurate. I'm not embellishing or alluding to who's done the wrong thing.
Speaker 1: Crime stoppers.
Speaker 4: That product provider as much information.
Speaker 1: As possible see it, say it all right?
Speaker 4: Cheesy. So that was just one part of it. We did the literacy, we did the numeracy, we did all the other things, and you have our results of the police tear. Who is the least.
Speaker 3: Likely, the least likely want me to start? Unfortunately, Jake didn't make it.
Speaker 1: I didn't make it at all.
Speaker 3: He had some problems with the numeracy.
Speaker 4: Is that the one where it's like put the next one in order?
Speaker 1: That was hard.
Speaker 4: But if you think he's got problem with the numeracy, wait till we get to the fitness. They wouldn't pass the physical If it was real life, you'd be able to sit that component again, right okay, and then if you failed, you'd have to wait six. So he actually failed the numeracy bit. Did he pass the other two out of five? Two out of five?
Speaker 3: Right?
Speaker 1: But awareness let's go to the top spot. Who took hang on second.
Speaker 4: That'll give it away.
Speaker 2: So who took out numeracy the highest marks and has the potential to make a good Victorian police officer.
Speaker 3: Well, the host who probably could come in at superintendent level would be Lauren Fhi.
Speaker 4: Oh my god, my father in law would be so proud.
Speaker 1: You're part of policeman.
Speaker 2: I get it.
Speaker 4: We call my Paul Maulcott because he wants he's like a frustrated about how much how well did I do cheese?
Speaker 3: So in the oral assessment, you've got one hundred percent MC, you've got eighty three reasoning ninety four.
Speaker 4: I knew it. I said, I'm gread.
Speaker 3: Literacy, you've got eighty six percent.
Speaker 4: Doubt distracted me on one of these.
Speaker 2: So you're Superintendent Phillips, Thank you very much. You're the Tom Croydon of the team.
Speaker 4: Maggie Doyle. Maggie Doyle, and how did Clink go?
Speaker 3: Well, Clink could probably come in at seedor Sergeant Wrankle.
Speaker 4: But I'm your boss. Just remember that.
Speaker 1: Okay, You're always my boss, and I'm the prisoner. You're nowhere.
Speaker 3: Did very well and we would accept him if he ever wanted to enjoy so digital literacy. He got eighty six percent, abs, fact reasoning seventy percent, eighty six percent and the oral assessment night.
Speaker 2: Oh wow.
Speaker 1: All right, hey, sister, probe the Pope. You can. You can ride in my crew car any day.
Speaker 4: I'm in a bouncing my step.
Speaker 2: There we go, Dale. Sorry, Wayne cheese Man, thanks for joining us on the air. Proved the paper.
Speaker 1: I'm gun Please call me.
Speaker 4: What what did you say?
Speaker 1: I could be cheesy Superintendent.
Speaker 3: You could be my boss.
Speaker 4: We're looking for a new boss at the head of the police.
Speaker 3: You come in.
Speaker 1: We need a new one.
Speaker 3: We do. It's crazy.
Speaker 2: Lauren for your hand
Speaker 4: Up, Jason, Lauren, Jason Lauren, Wake up feeling good on over one hundred Lauren on Socials