Speaker 1: Ad A lady, A lady, A lady, A lady filtered. Hello, Hello, it's your best ees, your friends, Hailey and Lauren. We are ad Lady, I'm filtered. We're besties. We're business partners and where the creators of ad Lady. Hello, I say, Hailo's Media and we do everything together except bang.
Speaker 2: You know that line. It's very funny. We got an email from our insurance guy, Adrian, and he's like trying to explain to the insurance company like they do everything but bang, so they're insurable.
Speaker 1: It's really awkward.
Speaker 2: It really made me laugh. It's true.
Speaker 1: Are we are we covered each other?
Speaker 2: Like ninety nine percent? Sure we're covered?
Speaker 1: Yeah? Are we covered? Are we covered? I don't know? Anyway, all right, we're going to start this podcast with our member of the week. You have a douzy.
Speaker 2: Well, Hailey Pearson, you are going to Thailand with my partner Burjo.
Speaker 1: That sounds really salacious when you say like that.
Speaker 2: I don't know. There is a conference over in Thailand that we have hosted for years and it is amazing and I can't go because I just can't be thirty weeks pregnant in Thailand. The thought of that gives me anxiety.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which is fair enough. And so we thought, well, who am I going to do this with? And the next best option plan B B for Burjo, B for Berjo.
Speaker 2: He's in media, he loves a chat, loves a drink, loves to party.
Speaker 1: Yeah. I mean, if you don't know us and you just saw that on paper that I'm going overseas with your partner, it's pretty weird, right.
Speaker 2: Do you know what's weirder? I'm moving into your house with your husband.
Speaker 1: You will go over there for dinner, and that's fine. But I will say I've been friends with Burjo longer than I've been friends with you.
Speaker 2: I know you two used to bitch about me when I was your producer.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because you used to have really long nails and you put them along the blackboard like you were like you when you were twenty. You look like you were fifty in that light. Not that you looked old in the face, but you acted like full shoulder pads brief case. You walked into that radio station like you were Miranda from Devils Grata.
Speaker 2: Well, I was, I have my little shoulder pads on that I'd probably bought a blazer from soup prey because times were tough, and Burgeon.
Speaker 1: I would go, oh god, she's wearing a shoulder pads.
Speaker 2: Here, she goes, what does she want now? No, so you guys are going away for six days, right?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: I am afraid of the dark. So I'm thinking about moving in with my parents.
Speaker 1: Thought, Hang, you've lived here by yourself before. Burgo was living here for years and you were fine. You used to go outside of you heard a noise with a bat.
Speaker 2: I used to be so strong.
Speaker 1: What's happened? I don't know.
Speaker 2: I'm now like the thought of being alone in my house and having to be like the full time parent, like and look after Sophia.
Speaker 1: You actually have to do something now.
Speaker 2: I can't do it.
Speaker 1: I can. That's what it is. It's not that you scare the dark, is that you don't want to look after child on your.
Speaker 2: I don't want a parent, No. I just get afraid being by myself these days, which I never.
Speaker 1: Used to be. Do you know you were so fierce when you were living in this house and you bought this house all by yourself, living here with your baby girl, and you were so strong and fierce.
Speaker 2: I think it's the pregnancy thing. Again. It's the imposter syndrome thing. I've been going through, the doubting myself. But I used to be afraid of the dark, and then I got so strong, and now I feel like I don't want to be by myself again, Like that is making me anxious. So while you guys are holidaying in Pouquette, I might move in with mum and dad. And it's also like a holiday, you know. In the mornings, I get up hold from Mom, what do you want for dinner tonight? I'm like, oh, I'm just do a pravd can.
Speaker 1: When we just talk about that as an adult, going to your mum and dad's house, isn't it funny how we walk through that door and we revert to being a child. I sit on the couch, Dad massages my feet, Mum goes, what do you want and makes me whatever I want.
Speaker 2: In the kitchen we are children again. Do you want a banana cake tonight?
Speaker 1: Oh?
Speaker 2: God, I would love.
Speaker 1: A bananas It is just the nicest thing.
Speaker 2: So I think maybe it's just me pretending I'm scared, just so I can go home and have a bit of a holiday.
Speaker 1: You know, you just want for dinner?
Speaker 2: Yeah, And dadd wud takes a fear on adventures and I can just lay on the couch and have grapes.
Speaker 1: Drop into my mouth. Lazy. All right, here's my member of the week. I'm feeling really good this year. I feel like last year I was robotic, I was doing too much, and this year I feel like I'm starting my day with a walk, come back, have brecky. It's a really nice time. But this morning, my oldest son happened to be at basketball really early. So Jimmy and I are walking and I looked at my phone halfway through our walk, and I had fifty eight messages. I'm not joking, fifty eight from our eleven year old outfeet. I'll just read. I won't read all fifty eight because it will take a couple of poos.
Speaker 2: We'll be here until next week.
Speaker 1: This is legit. I just woke up and no one is home. Where is everybody? New message? Help me? New message? Mom, New message? Mom, Mom, Mom, Mom, mom, mom, mom, Please help me. I just woke up and no one is home. Where are you? Where is everyone? Help me? Mum? Then he copy and pasted it. I'm just going to show you the screenshot, copy and paste, copy and paste. It goes on and on and on, and then by the time I saw it, I said, baby, we're walking and he said, but what do I do? And I said, shower, get dressed, and we'll be home in tent And he said, okay.
Speaker 2: I like what he's so dramatic, are we?
Speaker 1: I love you goes to the worst every time he's so dramatic, and I can't work out because he's really funny. I'm like, are you just taking the business this is a funny thing, or are you actually anxious? Like do you think you're going to die? I think it's he thinks he's going to die, which we've discussed on a previous podcast.
Speaker 2: Anyway, morbid brain hashtag, yeah, Brin.
Speaker 1: And that's not even he doesn't even have a phone. This is on his laptop. He's sitting there on his laptop like he's doing a business meeting, typing to me. We haven't even done our shopping. This is what we're talking about today.
Speaker 2: So we're going to talk about Devil wes Pridor because everyone's talking about at the moment quickly, and then we're going to talk about our love stories, how we found our ways to our partners.
Speaker 1: Yeah, if you are like Laurens thirty seven, I'm forty four, if you are in your single era and you're like, how do I meet that one? How do I meet them? Now, we're going to tell you our story and it might give you a couple of ideas of how you can potentially meet your love of you.
Speaker 2: Boy boy, is it a journey?
Speaker 1: Oh? Yours is up and down and up and down, up.
Speaker 2: And down and up and down? All right? Random talk to.
Speaker 1: Me, Okay, devil whrez Frida. I have been so excited to see this movie. I love this movie so much, number one and it came out. I cannot believe this twenty years ago?
Speaker 2: Did it?
Speaker 1: Isn't that crazy? And the fact that they've got all the cast back, like the core cast, and they look just as good, if not better than they looked twenty years ago. They're all back, which is amazing. Money and plastic surgery for you, Yeah, but good plastic surgery. Like i'd say, Anne Hathaway, you look at her face and you're like, I can't tell, Like you have to have had something dumb, but I can't tell. It's that good. She looks like her face moves, but she still looks really young.
Speaker 2: How old would she be an out of Reckon, she'd be.
Speaker 1: My ade Rekon? Or can she be forty four? Maybe even forty five?
Speaker 2: Who's her?
Speaker 1: Yeah? And Meryl streets she is just a freaking queen. I think if I met her in real life, I would pass out in front of her because I'd be so nervous. She's so intimidating but so beautiful.
Speaker 2: And she'd look down at you with her glasses.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I want to talk about two things. I'm not going to do spoilers in case you haven't seen it yet, but I do want to talk about one thing because it relates to us. You haven't seen it because you don't like going to the movie.
Speaker 2: I don't I go to the movies, guys, because you can't talk in movies, and that gives me exciting.
Speaker 1: I like to talk.
Speaker 2: You do.
Speaker 1: You're like Alfie. That's why I regretted bringing him to that movie.
Speaker 2: Or I sleep The last time I went to a movie. I slept for fifty minutes. I woke up and I was like, who died? What happened?
Speaker 1: I know? I saw a photo your husband, Burdo, send it to me. Okay, Devil Wears Bright Up. This is a spoiler without being a spoiler. It's not giving it anything too much away. But in the first five minutes, Andy, who's the main character and Hathaway, is working for a paper and she's at an awards night and she's about to win an award. She's at a table of ten, all her colleagues, and right as she's about to get on stage with this award, they get a text message that says, you're redundant. You've been made redundant, and so the whole table have just lost their jobs and she has to get up and accept this award, and she's like, I'm should be really happy right now, but my whole table have just been fired. And this is the scary thing about print media and that landscape which we are part of. We have an ad Lady magazine, which is a physical magazine, a coffee table book.
Speaker 2: You can smell it.
Speaker 1: It's delicious. The whole movie is basically about how that is dead and everyone is moving on to the digital era, which I love digital era. I love being on my phone and looking and scrolling, but if I'm reading a magazine, I feel like I need a physical copy. I can't even get a kindle or an iPad. I have to have the book.
Speaker 2: If I want to read a book, I read the book. I cannot read off a screen because screen takes me back to being at work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you always say this story. When we first started our magazine, they were dying. It was in the whole era of like, fuck, we're a magazine's going The.
Speaker 2: Week we started our Ade Lady magazine, three South Australian magazines in that week went fast. And we've been planning this magazine for like six months, Like it wasn't like let's start a magazine tomorrow. And then suddenly three weren't there anymore, and that was really scary, but we still went we're.
Speaker 1: Going to do this.
Speaker 2: It was the best decision we've ever made. It was I never want to not do the print magazine.
Speaker 1: Do you feel though, you know how this whole new generation of people, which I love, they're not they're not drinking anymore, they don't buy a new fashion that's everything sustainable and they go back to records and the old school things. Do you think that maybe, and I'm hoping fingers crossed, we've had this whole like oh wow, everything's digital and now like, h No, I actually like the physical copy things like magazines will come back.
Speaker 2: I think there's always going to be a place for social media, like we love it Instagram, Facebook. There's always going to be stuff that's going to pop up. But I feel like print, books, records, all that old stuff is always going to be around, like the good old days of like the seventies and eighties and nineties. Like think about the music our kids and our kids' kids are going to listen to abba.
Speaker 1: But that's what they listen to. My kids, Yeah, listen to what I listened to as opposed to music of today.
Speaker 2: So the stuff that's happening now, because there's so much happening, yeah, I don't feel like it's going to live on as long as the older stuff. So I think there's always going to be a place for TV, print everything.
Speaker 1: There's nothing better than opening a book or a magazine and just like that feel and you feel like, oh, I'm in my little happy place. I'm about to escape the world and go into this book in front of me and you smell it, you smell the pages, and it's just so nice. On that though Andy made redundant, I did want to say this. This is so relatable right now. There are so many redundancies in our industry, in radio, in TV, it's everywhere. It's really sad. A lot of these massive buildings that were once full of people and a beehive of energy are now diminishing to nothing. You have flaws that are completely empty because people are being made redundant and being replaced by maybe it's AI, or they're just putting five people's workloads on one person. That's what's happening now. But when you get made redundant, sometimes it's the best thing that will ever happen to you because your brain can reset and you can go Actually, I know at first this is the worst thing in the world. I've lost all my confidence. But now I can actually work out what I really want, and you might go in a whole different path.
Speaker 2: When we started at a Lady exactly you were made redundant. I went crazy, it was like redundant, Well, it's true, and we had time to reset because often, you know, like some people take a gap year after school, or it's very rare in your adult life and career that you're forced to stop, yes, but being forced to stop gives you time to be creative and go what do I actually want to do? And that's where the best businesses come from. Like I just want to bake bread or I think about that. Lady we once met in McLaren Vale. She was retired and she got time to stop and think and she opened up a bakery because she loved baking and it turned into the most amazing, hustling and bustling bakery that she started when she was like seventy. She was like, I never wanted to do this. Yeah, I didn't know it was going to turn into this, but here we are. She had time to think about it.
Speaker 1: There's a lot of people who are in a job and they don't have the confidence. They're not brave enough to leave and try something that they've always wanted.
Speaker 2: To do there for years and it's all they know.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so look at it if you I know, it's really hard, Okay. Colin's perfect example. She was reading the news on Channel nine for years and then she was made redundant. And it's a normal thing in media, this happens. In fact, you haven't been a media unless you have been made redundant. I know, right, But she's found this new lease on life. She's now doing a heap of other things that are feeling her bucket. She's doing pr she's doing Hallosa with us, She's doing all these other things that she probably would never have done if she hadn't have been made redundant. So sometimes it's a blessing.
Speaker 2: Being redundant is not the worst thing that can happen in life.
Speaker 1: Being made redundant. Being redundant is the worst thing that can happen in life.
Speaker 2: You're redundant.
Speaker 1: I don't want to be redundant.
Speaker 2: You're redundant.
Speaker 1: You're dead to me.
Speaker 2: Okay, no, but remember when I came back from having Sofia, I felt redundant in the business, and it was actually the worst thing ever. Like I have to have triggered right out. I thought, you didn't need me.
Speaker 1: No, you always need it.
Speaker 2: But it's your brain. You go to everything's running smooth, everything's fine. Oh my gosh, I don't need me, Oh my gosh, I'll go work for someone else. Yeah, baby, brain does weird shit to you.
Speaker 1: Yeah, cost of living is really hard right now. So if this is happening to you, we totally understand that. It's like shit, what am I gonna do, but you will find your way and it will be fine.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you'll be all right.
Speaker 1: All right, Okay, we are about to talk love. We love love. I love love. I love love.
Speaker 2: I never used to love love.
Speaker 1: I know, I know you did. It was always there, but now you really feel it. I had a situation this week where I feel like I fell in love with my husband all over again, and I know he felt the same. And it was because he had a general ascetic. He was drugged, highly drugged, like I'm serious. He went under to have a little operation, and while that was happening, I was so stressed, thinking, oh my gosh, what if he doesn't wake up? This is like what And then when I picked him up from the thing, we just hugged and got into the lift and kissed. This is something you don't really do when you've been together for twenty years. Just like embrace, you made out, We gave yeah, we had a little kiss in the hell up and then that nineties just like I could tell you know when you just go he's just hugging and touching and just like just appreciate you so much. And I think when you when you're in that situation, you know, you do take your partner for granted a little bit because it's normal so.
Speaker 2: Much because you're like what everyone aspires to be, love each other and find each other sexy and funny. After twenty years, I got a craig.
Speaker 1: It is weird, isn't it. Anyway, we thought, oh God, I don't know where this is going to go to. Lawrence already lost it. We're going to talk about love because we thought, if you are single and you're trying to find someone, whether it be a boy or a girl, we're going to share our love stories and maybe it will give you a little bit of hope because mine was more smooth sailing than Laurence, but we still ended up in the same place. So let's start with your story.
Speaker 2: All right, how long? How long do we have?
Speaker 1: We don't have that long, so an edited version.
Speaker 2: Okay version. So I used to produce you and Burgo back in the day safm Days Michael Haley and Burjo show, like what fifteen years ago, and I didn't really like Burgo, like we were friends and then we weren't friends. We've had a really like up and down, especially at the beginning relationship which you were part of. From the beginning.
Speaker 1: Yeah, let's talk about the first moment that Burgo started. And there's the first night you met him and there were two new guys and you were on a dance floor and you knew one of them was gay.
Speaker 2: And one of them was straight, and we happened to be at a party and I just Burgo rocked up and I just started like slut dropping on the dance dance floor and being so wild to him. And then we got to work on the Monday, and I was like, oh my gosh, you're not the gay one, You're the straight one. Because then I met Christian Hull, who was my assistant producer, and he was clearly gay, and I went, oh, my gosh, I'm so embarrassed. So Burgo's just like, well, this chick's into me. This is nice. She's very forward. But from then we stopped working at the station. We didn't see each other for a really long time.
Speaker 1: You were very nice at the beginning to each other, and I think it was more there was obviously always something there, because there's a really fine line between love and hate and very fine, and it was that you like, he would pick on things, but I was always like you'd like her like you definitely like that girl you were with someone, so I don't think you were looking at him the same way.
Speaker 2: And then my partner at the time didn't like Burgo because I think he always thought that there was something going on which there wasn't.
Speaker 1: Because he would come to your house as friends and just rock up for.
Speaker 2: Dinner all the time, would hang out. We would hang out all the time. We were just like he'd pick me up from my apartment and go do Manie's down Heinley Street, listening to loud music together and nothing would happen. But then slowly something started to happen, and I think you were away and I called you to tell you that we'd kissed and you'd.
Speaker 1: Had a dream, a dream I knew. When you told me, I was like, I know what you're about to say. I know you kissed Bergo, didn't you? And you did?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh. We've always been in things.
Speaker 1: Like so weird.
Speaker 2: And then from then we got together and Bergo won the Green Card Lottery. So just as we got together, he won the Green Card Lottery, which he'd been trying to win forever, which means you can go to America and work and live like a citizen because his mum's America.
Speaker 1: And this is something knowing Bergo for a very long time, this is something he'd always wanted and his dream was always to do radio in America. Yeah, and then he met you, and so getting the green card was like, well, what do I do?
Speaker 2: So he went. I was like, don't change your life for me. You go do Brokey radio in Seattle, do your thing. And I was like, whatever you go. I'm not even going to come because I'm not going to miss you. And I tried to play it really cool, and within three weeks I was over there. I was like, I'm sorry, I really miss you. And we tried the long distance thing and in the end he gave up his green card to move home, to which we got engaged, bought a house, did everything quite quick. Planning the wedding you did.
Speaker 1: Both of you run on dopamine, so you're the same. Normally in a relationship, there's one person that's more logical, but you guys are the same. So when you get your heart set on something, you decided one day, one morning, let's get a puppy. By that afternoon, you'd already picked up a puppy in Port Augusta or whatever the hell you went. And I love that you're like that, you both you're both the same.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we have the same brain. And then it was twenty twenty. I was supposed to be getting married on my birthday, March twenty one, getting married, and three days before the wedding, scomo said nothing over one hundred people, no events, so we had to cancel our wedding. And I never forget that. I remember that night we got so drunk with our bridesmaids and our groomsman's and just forgot about it. Lost money. It was horrific. So many people went through this, didn't get married. Then we broke up for a couple of weeks, a couple of months, a couple of months, a couple of months, or a couple of months. Then we got back together.
Speaker 1: Doude, do you want to share why you broke up? Or I think do you remember? You don't remember? Do you put you block alive?
Speaker 2: I blows a lot of things out, but I do genuinely think Burge and I were very similar. We're very fiery people, and we both weren't the best versions of ourselves.
Speaker 1: And you would often bring out the worst in each other.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but when you were good, it was so good.
Speaker 2: And when we were bad, we were bad. And then we got back together and I got pregnant and we had Sofia and it was the best thing ever. And then a few months into having a baby, when your brain is all crazy and it's not good, we broke up again, and for this time we were not together for a long time. I lived home, and then I bought this house and he has a house, and we were trying to co parent and do that thing of the respectfulness to our child, who we both loved more than anything. He is an amazing dad. I was trying to be the best mum I could possibly be, and on the outside people were looking and it was so weird because we traveled together, we hung out together, we had all of our families and everyone around, because our biggest thing was we never wanted Sofia to see anything, and we just wanted her to feel.
Speaker 1: Loved and from the outside, so you know, she never would she would never know. She was so happy going to her dad's house, her mum's house, and she would holiday with you both and see that you treated each other really respectfully. When you were guys were together. Yeah, and it's a really nice thing to watch. And I think from the outside you both worked on yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so much. Yeah, it was a really hard time being a part and not seeing a child every day is something that you know, we should put anyone. Oh, Hailey, I'm so sorry. I'm so emotional. But anyway, it slowly started to happen where we started to you know, we were holiday and doing the parenting thing together, and we started to hang out a lot more, and we'd both gone away and we'd worked on ourselves. I think I was always relying on Burgo to make me happy, but I wasn't happy in my I had to be happy.
Speaker 1: Oh no, you're so sad.
Speaker 2: When you're sad, Betty's like, get away from my mom. Anyway, So we ended up getting back together and it's been the best thing that's ever happened. And I'm content and I'm happy. I mean, it doesn't look like I am now, No, it is.
Speaker 1: It's really nice and you're both you're both really happy.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And I love him lots, and I love the life that we've built. But sometimes and I just wouldn't say this since we've been back together. I've had a few people come up to me and say they've given me a hug and said, you've given me hope. Like they're having issues with their partners or they've just had kids, and everything gets put into their kids and the relationship gets forgotten about, and then suddenly you're three years down and there's no romantic spark and you're staring down the barrel of a divorce because you're taking everything out on that person. And I've had a few people say, thank you, You've given me hope. We can work on this, and you can. If you love someone, you could always work on it. And I think I had to go through the thing of relationships aren't perfect. They're not perfect one hundred percent of the time, and that is okay.
Speaker 1: But I also think you did a really smart thing that I know you regret it, but you did a smart thing by separating, because the worst thing would have been is when you were fiery and you weren't good together. You don't ever want so Fee to see that, and that would she would have seen that day to day. So you separated and you worked on yourselves individually, and you've come back together. And it does give people hope it does. You're so right.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and now I'm pregnant again and we're having a little baby and it's funny. So he's been calling me his wife on social so I've been getting all these messages from people going, oh, congratulations, you've got married. I'm like, no, I'm wearing the ring again because I'm like, you know, we're having our second child, we're living together. It's a thing. But it's happened quickly, but it hasn't, if you know what I mean. It's taken a long time to get to this point of feeling like we can fight and we can fight respectfully. It's something that I always used to say with you. You and Jimmy have always loved each other and had that respect for each other. And it's like you and I, we're like a marriage, and you fight, but you fight respectfully fight.
Speaker 1: So well, you and I. When I say we fight, we don't really fight of them. But when we do have disagreements, we do it how all married couple should because it's done with respect.
Speaker 2: Yes, yeah, and it's not escalated and taken to this horrible spot which we used to do. And now we've worked on ourselves and don't do And you know, if I fire up, burgo goes, look, we don't do that anymore.
Speaker 1: She's what she just said something that I think is so true. You said that it's not blaming him. You needed to work on yourself. It's the same with you. Maybe if you aren't in a great situation with your partner. You both individually need to love yourself before you love each other. You have to.
Speaker 2: You can't rely on someone else to make you happy. I wasn't happy. I was chasing something. I don't know what I was chasing. And then there was resentment, like you should be there making me happy. You can't pick that fight. You can't do that, and I'd get angry and our fights would escalate really quickly, and I don't like that.
Speaker 1: You don't do that anymore. And if you do do that, you go, hey, we don't do this anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And you are going to be put to the test again when you have a baby, and you're going to be all over the place and you're not going to be doing your work, which I know brings you heaps of happiness. Yeah, it's stressful. And having a baby is when couples do fight with each other. Yeah, and they do lose that connection. So you're about to be put to the test again, but this time you've learned from what happened last time.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know, so yesterday was it?
Speaker 1: Yesterday?
Speaker 2: The day before I woke up saying, let's sell our house and buy a new house, because that's the dope mean in my brain, because I saw a house that I liked. So it's like, let's sell our house and like the next week and then buy another house, all before we have a baby in a few weeks. Anyway, Burge and I were talking. I was like, Okay, I've got the window cleaner's coming, the paint is coming, this coming, everything's happening by tomorrow. And he goes, we just need to calm down. We need to come down. Everything's moving so quickly. And then I hung up on him. This is just before the podcast. And then I just wrote back, do you know what, nothing matters because we love each other and that's the main thing, right And he goes, exactly, we're back, do you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Like, yes, I myself going crazy.
Speaker 2: When I start to like escalate it in my brain, I'm like, maybe I am being an idiot. Yeah, let's bring it down in the end, I don't care if we live in a bus stop, long as our family are healthy, kid is healthy, and we've got each other.
Speaker 1: Well, that was the rollercoaster love story.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: That that is a very different love story than my love story.
Speaker 2: Yours involved stalking mine.
Speaker 1: Yeah, okay, mine. My story starts from when I was traw nineteen, I reckon even eighteen at the gym and I would go to the perfect Fit Mitchem and I started seeing this guy at the gym occasionally. He said he noticed me first, which is weird because I became the stalker. But I was also working at Video Easy and Hunger, and he walked in one night, one Friday night with Putty, who's his best mate and who I went to school with, so I knew Putty. He walked into my video shop with a red T shirt with his tan skin and his green eyes and his dark hair, and I was like, oh my god, my heart just jumped out of my chest, going that guy is so hot. Right, So they came in, got their video left, and then all of a sudden, I don't this is not me stalking. I promise you. We were just going in the same circles so he's four years older than me, but he'd already done a train right then he went back to UNI when I started UNI. So that's why we're at UNI the same time, because he's four years older than me. So we would see each other at the gym. Then I would see him out at the havelock. And this is when my crazy brain was like, oh my god, I really like this guy. I like this guy. So this is before Tinder, Facebook, Instagram, none of that existed, right, this is before any of that. You could not stalk anyone. You don't know where they're going, unless you text them to see where they're going, unless.
Speaker 2: You had to actually stalked them.
Speaker 1: I to physically stalk, like old school way. I would go the havelock on a Thursday night and a Saturday night. I go, oh, what a coincidence you're here, old mate, Hailey Pierson in the bushes, Oh what a coincidence you're at your house? And we became friends. We were really good friends. And I never told him that I loved him, and I did a full psycho move, this is you're gonna never look at me the same way again. We both went to UNI. I went to UNISA to do journalism. He was at UNIESA in the city, but he also did subjects out where I was in McGill. I knew that he had classes in the city, so I lied and said to him, Oh, I've got a class in the city as well. Oh and at lunchtime, what are you doing for lunch? So I would bring my little unibag with my books in it into the city.
Speaker 2: Oh, I'm such a loosome because you just wanted to have lunch with him. It's not lazy.
Speaker 1: You love getting emotional.
Speaker 2: Because it's like the beginning of those butterflies.
Speaker 1: And you literally know what it was is I really loved him, and I didn't think he loved me.
Speaker 2: My gosh, did I both have other partners? No?
Speaker 1: I didn't he This is the moment that broke me.
Speaker 2: Right.
Speaker 1: Can I just say the world? Oh my god? Ohm emotional fuck. I have to film today. My makeup is running. I'm not saying this is unrequired love, but unrequited love is really hard when you love someone.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, what is happening to us?
Speaker 1: I love somebody and they don't love you.
Speaker 2: It's hot.
Speaker 1: I know.
Speaker 2: You tell that story where you saw Jimmy and your knees went weak.
Speaker 1: Well, okay, I'll get to that. So we're at the gym.
Speaker 2: I'm getting really hot.
Speaker 1: See, So I met the gym with him. At this point, I definitely felt like I loved him and we were talking. This is the point we literally hung out. We'd been I'd been to his house. I dropped him home at night after being gone out. We've been to Mount Lofty at like midnight and had ice cream.
Speaker 2: I just don't want to leave each other.
Speaker 1: It was light, were falling in love, but we were just friends like nothing had happened. And then I was at the gym and I said, what did you do last night? And he said to me, oh, I was at my I was at my girlfriend's graduation. And I'm like, oh, Jimmy, why would you do this? I'm on sol and doesn't make me cry. So this is a real thing. If I'm crying, we're broken it.
Speaker 2: We've broken you and me. We're broken.
Speaker 1: My god, what's wrong with me? I'm not even pree minstrel.
Speaker 2: Fuck, you've caught pregnancy from me? Babe. Oh I'm sorry.
Speaker 1: Oh this is a real mess. So he hadn't cheated on her or anything like that. We've never done anything. We were friends, but I loved him, and at that moment, I was like, Okay, I cannot put myself in this position where I'm seeing this man that I love but he has a girlfriend. So I changed gyms and I stopped seeing him. For maybe about a year and a half or two years, I didn't see him. I was like avoiding all the places and he would go. I changed him. I went to Burnside see him. I ended up having another boyfriend. Anyway, there was one point that I was in Melbourne with my best friend Lucy, and I was standing on Chapel Street and randomly he was in my phone as Latino. I don't know why, because I thought he was Latino, but he's actually half Indian and that's a whole other sty that's a whole other story. And I got a message from Latino and I looked at my phone. This is two years later, and my knees gave way and I literally fell onto the road because my whole body was like, oh, oh God, I just came in to hit you like a bus. I'm so hot. Anyway, from that moment on, I can't even remember what he messaged me, but we started messaging again, and one night we were out and I was like, at this bar, this girl came up to me and said, can I kiss you? I'm not a lesbian, but I want to kiss you. And I was like, no, mate, I'm not a lesb And then five minutes later, I was like, fuck it, I'm going to do whatever I want tonight. And I went up and I gave her a little kiss, and then I went up to Jim and I was like, I'm just gonna kiss you. I don't care, I'm just gonna kiss you. And we kissed. And then from then on we were together. You were in care and I remember I remember like being a real loser and praying to my dead grandma that he would fall in love with me. I'm not coming down my face.
Speaker 2: What do we have to do to get a tissue around? They're in the bathroom in the bottom drawer, guys, I'm just sending Moggie out cameraman to my bathroom, to the bottom drawer. What could go wrong.
Speaker 1: Anyway? So this is we've been married for twenty years next year, and four years before that, we've been We've been together for a very long time.
Speaker 2: What, oh my gosh, can you renew your vows so I can come to your wedding because I wasn't at here.
Speaker 1: The saddest thing that you I wasn't there. I love you so much, and you wouldn't been one of my prize mads. And you weren't even there.
Speaker 2: It wasn't invited, but I didn't know you.
Speaker 1: You were in school.
Speaker 2: No hard feeling.
Speaker 1: Yeah, thank you so much. More so my love story, I do it sounds so stupid, No, it's much stupid. I do think that I met him at the right time and that he is the love of my life. I know it sounds stupid, like I sound so silly, but I love like. I don't know. I don't know why it works. I just think he was my person.
Speaker 2: He's your person. But if you'd gotten together two years prior, it wouldn't have worked. Maybe it wouldn't have worked. Yeah, you know, you had to go through find other people, see other people, do other things, and then find each other. And that's the same as Burge and I. We had to do this journey and fight each other. Oh my god, love.
Speaker 1: Do you know what at the end of the day, that's all that matters is that you are surrounded by the people that you love, whether it's romantic love or not. You have got my scar all over your nose. All right, we're gonna go on it. No, we need to go and really clean ourselves up onage film. Do have a shower together together, just like in genuinely you.
Speaker 2: Know you have a shower that I have a shower. Well, that's been love stories. I don't even know what we spoke about.
Speaker 1: Tell us your love story. We're always open for it.
Speaker 2: I love hearing people's love stories.
Speaker 1: Yeah. And fight for the people that you love. Yeah, love you Bye.