Speaker 1: Well, welcome back to another episode of Code NRL Monday's podcast. There's a bunch of stories coming from the weekend, including some embarrassing matches and some disastrous floggings. Were also going to analyze today the state of the game. There were some weird things that happened on the weekend. I'm sure you've noticed them. I'm joined today by Fatima Kadoo. How are you, Fatima good? How are you very good?
Speaker 2: Thank you?
Speaker 1: I rushed straight over to Dean Bulldog Ritchie, how are you Bulldog good?
Speaker 2: Buddy you, I'm very good.
Speaker 1: I'm Alex also known as nrol Soapbox. We're going to get straight into it. There's been some huge news regarding Lorie Daily's coaching tenure and perhaps a strong standout candidate has emerged for the new South Wales coach. Bulldog. What do you make of it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's big story.
Speaker 3: This morning, Loriie finally officially and formally decided that he would announce that he is stepping down as Blues coach. Obviously it was on Laurie's horizon during the series, but I think the fact that they won Game three so well, so convincingly, so emphatically and against all odds. Yeah, at Lourie thought, you know what this is it? This is my perfect way to leave. It's an ideal exit for him. He goes out with one win, my loss in the last two years since his return, and it does leave the door open for Matt King to take over as Blues coach. Matt's been an assistant there for at least the last two years. Everyone's got a huge rap on Matt King. Boyd Cord is another candidate, as is Brett White, but I think you'll find.
Speaker 2: That it will be Matt King's job.
Speaker 3: So huge news to come out of the Blues that Matt King, the former winger, terrific player, great football brain, well respected inside the New South Wales camp and certainly a bloke that Laurie endorsed get the job, will be the next new South Wales coach.
Speaker 1: So many New South Wales fans might not know about Matt King as a coach. He's been in the assistant system a long time. What kind of his credentials or why would New South Wales Rugby League be so keen on him.
Speaker 2: Well, he's been in the camp.
Speaker 3: He obviously knows the structures, he knows the systems, he knows the players. He's at the Roosters, where, of course you don't get much better grounding than that. He's been at the Melbourne Storm. There is a better ground in than the Roosters. It's Melbourne Storm. So he's come through the right channels to be a great coach. He's a first grade coach in waiting. I think Matt's just at the point now where waiting for the next vagacy to come up. His name will no doubt come come forth, will be put forth and you'll find if king E can pull off an Origin victory next year, then he stops. Just go right through that very roof with sits above us, and he will be coaching I would imagine in the inner or for the next two to three years.
Speaker 1: Well that's what I was going to consider, because some fans out there, particularly New South Wales ones and Penrith ones, are really lobbying for Ivan Cleary to step into that role. Does this create attention for Teama? So if Matt king gets the job and does well, what will happen to Ivan Cleary's prospects of coaching New South Wales.
Speaker 2: Do you think this.
Speaker 1: Creates a difficult situation? What's your virble on that one.
Speaker 4: Well, now, I was going to ask, all, dog, do we know how long you know Matt King is going to get if he is the guy who is given the job.
Speaker 3: No, it's a good question note for TIMA because there is this awkward gap year next year, yes, where if the coach who we think will be Matt King wins it, it's going to be very hard to say, oh, Matt, you've done a great job, but you're out because Ivan wants to coach.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: I mean I haven't made it quite clear the day he announced he was leaving Penrith after next year that he wanted to coach. Representing football, there's only two jobs. It's either Australia or the Blues. It'll be the Blues. But I think it's unfair to say to Matt King, if you happen to win three Neil next year, you're out.
Speaker 5: So, yes, it's an awkward situation.
Speaker 4: I guess, yeah, it's a Yeah, it is an awkward one. But you know, I think I'm with Panthers fans. I really would like to see what Ivan Cleary could do in the Origin Arena, and it is going to be tough on Matt King, especially if he does, you know, win next to you series and all of a sudden they've gone, oh, you know, we've got Ivan who wants to come in. But I agree with Bulldog, like, if he does come in as head coach and he does win a series, all of a sudden, his stocks rise. He is sort of that next crop of up and coming coach. Like we've seen guys like Jason Ryles, like Josh Hannay, like Sero come through. You know, Matt King is sort of that next in line. Yeah, I would still if Ivan wants to do it, I would give the job to Ivan when he's ready to do it. It's interesting. I remember talking to Nathan Cleary during Origin camp about whether he had a better idea of what his father wanted to do post Penrith, and he did joke saying, you know, the Pacific Nations are on the rise, so you know, maybe that's an option. So who knows in what capacity we see Ivan Cleary in, but I would love to see him as Blues coach.
Speaker 1: It's crazy how the rugby league narrative changes so quickly, right, so not six weeks ago people were hammering Laurie Daily. I was certainly one of them, and Laurie gets the flowers there. He totally embarrassed a lot of us that criticized him, But there was talk about how new sois Rugby League, But who's going to coach the Blues? Where are the options going to come from? Now They've not only won the series that was meant to be unlosable for Queensland, Laurie gets to retire or move on from this role as a champion, and now not only have they possibly got an assistant coach in the wings ready to be appointed, they've also got one of the greatest coaches ever in Ivan clearly on the Raider. It's pretty crazy how it changes.
Speaker 2: It's a funny one that.
Speaker 3: Look, we all know clearly how good coach Ivan Cleary is. He's one of the greatest of all time, and he's won four and he's looking at winning a potential fifth.
Speaker 2: This year and he's still got next year.
Speaker 3: So if you want to dream on, you can think he's looking at six. But does it give him the god given right just to sort of bullock his way into that job if Matt King wins next year? Credentially, of course, Ivan's a better coach than Matt King, but I just don't know whether it's right for him to and Ivan won't push his way. He'll apply and no doubt he would get the job. All I'm suggesting that is if King he does a good job. Is it unfair that Ivan just goes bang smack and he's straight in.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it probably is unfair. It's really tough though, are you going to pass back or knock back one of the greatest coaches of all time? Absolutely the one series win. And also Ivan's not going to want to coach another club, So Matt Kings, as far as I know, would have head coaching aspirations. He'd want to have a more permanent role in leading a club, bringing Ivan Cleary. And Ivan's got no other prospects, not because he's untalented, but because he doesn't want them. So I feel like there's a sure bet if you get Ivan Cleary and he ends up being a great origin coach new so also the potential to actually build a dynasty there.
Speaker 3: And what if there's a sneaky clause in the contract and I'm unaware of this, if there's a sneaky clause that if a coach has suddenly given the heave ho in the NRL, it probably won't happen, but rugby leagu's a strange game.
Speaker 2: Matt King goes into that position.
Speaker 3: Then I'd imagine you have to stand down as origin coach. These are all hypotheticals, of course, but rugby leag's a very strange game. When you think it's going along smoothly, that's when it's at its most dangerous. I don't think there's any vacancies coming up, and then all I don't think there's any coach under pressure necessarily, but I'm just saying if it did happen, I guess I'd have to go back to the drawing board and see if they can find a new coach.
Speaker 1: And I'm sure anyone watching or listening won't be reading in between the lines there from Bulldog trying to figure out the cryptic clues on what he's suggesting. Well, it was a tough going for New South Wales fans about two months ago and now we're talking high and mighty, So it's always good to be beat in Queensland and feeling in control. I've not been around a long time on this earth, but that was the greatest flogging thrashing diabolical performance from the Roosters. They absolutely destroyed the Cowboys. North Queensland fans are trying to get away from this news right now. Well I'm going to pile on even more. It wasn't just that the Cowboys were horrendous, It's that the Roosters were elite. This is the team that we've been kind of waiting for the last six weeks. They've been playing okay footy and just winning, but this week they just dominated. They made a statement in that game, but it was also a statement for the Cowboys. How terrible were they for Tima?
Speaker 4: Like you said, not in our lifetime and lots of other people's lifetimes. I think it's been ninety years since, you know, there's been a slaughter that bad. I just don't get the Cowboys. You know, the week before, you know they're flying high, they're playing their best footy, which is like you know, big forwards, being physical. You know, they've got all this talent, this like strike in the outside backs, and then all of a sudden they deliver that. It's really strange, Like if you talk about Jekkel and Hyde, they are that team in the NRL, Like you just cannot trust them like I would have said, oh, maybe they might, you know, obviously the Roosters were red hot, you think maybe they might challenge. But they pretty much waved the white flag almost after twenty minutes. And what I thought was really interesting. And I know they're still what five games to go, and Todd Payton is probably sitting in the coaching coaching box going, Okay, this game's done, so maybe I will you know, rest guys like Jason Tomlolo, like Riboncotto, who I think both played their least amount of minutes on the weekend. But at the same time, that's almost like, I don't know, I don't want to say the coach is waving the white flag on the game, but considering where they lacked was in that physical presence, in that physicality, they're their two most physical guys to take them off the field, to me, just it was a really weird option by Todd Payden. But yeah, I feel sorry for Cowboys fans because you know, where do you go for from here? Having said that, I think they play the Titans this week, and if there is one team that can somehow have a miraculous bounce back, it is the Cowboys. But they are by far the most untrustworthy team in the NRL at the moment.
Speaker 3: You touched in that Broncos game for team. And this is not making an excuse because what we saw was just abysmal and embarrassing, humiliating.
Speaker 2: You can use any adjective you.
Speaker 3: Like, but I just wonder how much stock they put into that Brisbane game of the week before.
Speaker 2: That was a tough game. Was eighteen and ten.
Speaker 3: I think it was at full time and maybe it had an impact. But again, please don't misguide what I've said as an excuse, because it's not.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I don't.
Speaker 3: Know where they go from here, though, I don't know how emotionally and mentally you can come back from that. This will really test what's belief that emblem on the Cowboys jumping this week yep, because those wins stick with you for life.
Speaker 2: I'm not talking about the season.
Speaker 3: That's a loss that they will remember for the rest of their lives because it was utter humiliation and I just don't know whether they have what it takes to bounce back from that.
Speaker 2: I hope I'm wrong, but I don't think I am.
Speaker 3: Well.
Speaker 4: Todd Payton said it it was the darkest day for the club. So that's now they're you're rightfull like now those you know players are tainted with that for the rest of the season that you know, they were part of the darkest day in the life of the Cowboys. So yeah, I don't know. And it's it's strange because a week before I wrote how you know Todd Payden was initially his tenure was, you know under the spotlight people were talking about, you know, would he be is he the right guy to take them forward? They re sign him, you know they're going, okay, they're in the finals. Heart they have that incredible performance against the Broncos. I write, oh my god, look at the look at the turnaround under Todd Payden. You know he's got guys like Braden Burn's playing their best footy, you know, their physical clearly responding, and then they deliver that. So yeah, I don't know. Like I said, if there's one team that can bounce back from out, I feel like it's the Cowboy. But you don't trust that they have the energy or I don't know, the consistency to actually genuinely be a finals content.
Speaker 3: Now we have the fifty point rule. If you lose by fifty you can't win, so.
Speaker 5: That's a light win now or next year as well.
Speaker 1: It's like for the Cowboys, it's tough. It's like they've just been involved in the most horrific car crash known to man and now they have to front up next week and deliver. There's going to be some demons there. I think it's hard to flush a game like that. You can flush a game where you make thirty errors or a bunch of stupid mistakes, but to get absolutely destroyed. It was embarrassing for them. It's going to be tough for them to come back. What I will say in their defense, the Roosters in that first twenty minutes were insane. It was it was dead and buried by then. They looked on another level. This is the performance that a lot of fans have been wanting from the Roosters to determine their Premiership credentials, and it's in the middle. They were just lethal. Their line speed was so fast, they were running hard, they were dominating the game. Their backs were throwing all the classic Rooster's ball where it's just try and make a try, try and make attack happen. Errors be damned, and they really were respectable it doesn't justify a seventy point loss. But the Roosters have turned up and made a real exclamation points to the competition that they're going to be contenders. So then it begs the question who can challenge Penrith Bulldog? Who do you reckon? Who do you reckon that most likely to challenge Penrith for the title?
Speaker 2: I think you just answered it. Okay, I think you just danced it.
Speaker 3: I've done Bulldogs by this week on saying it's a two horse race. I don't think there's any side out there who can reach the elite levels at Penrith and the Roosters have achieved in recent times. They've got eighteen start of origin players between them. Yeah, that doesn't make or break this season. I'm just saying that that gives you an idea of the rosters that these two clubs are putting forward. Yes, the Bulldogs are going well and yes.
Speaker 2: Cronulla is on fire. I think they might have won nine from ten.
Speaker 3: However, I just see when it comes to the crunch the Premium finals, that's when your big guns are looked upon to go to another level, and they are the two clubs that will do it.
Speaker 2: They are elite rugby league.
Speaker 3: Clubs, big players, big rosters, win big moments.
Speaker 4: I was sorry, I'm going to ask you, bull dog. So it sounds like you're still not sold on Cronulla completely.
Speaker 1: No, well that's yeah, that's my because they're going fantastic.
Speaker 3: Don't get me wrong, and I'm not denigrating the Sharks, but we've been down this path before with Pala.
Speaker 2: The only way they're going to.
Speaker 3: Convince me and probably another MIDI rugby league fans out there is to win the comp but just getting to a prelim again and falling over and they've done it year after year.
Speaker 5: Fitzi knows it and they get the shits.
Speaker 1: He gets pretty shitty about when they've talked.
Speaker 2: About and remind of it. But there's only one might have fixed it. That's winning.
Speaker 1: And now I've hammered the Sharks this year for that same narrative that they haven't delivered on that on those big the big stage. However it fitz is right. Making a prelim isn't easy. And then if you look at the Roosters, okay, they're looking amazing. They're going to contend with Penrith, but there Ivan Cleary is Trent robinson'skryptonite. I think they might have had one win recently, but out of that, the Roosters just cannot beat Penrith, whereas the Sharks. I actually think the two best teams in the comp right now are the Sharks and the Roosters. The Sharks, the stats say that they're play the ball speed is three and a half seconds, you know, the average. I call bullshit. I swear they're more often than not getting two second play the balls. Brayley's picking it up from the ruck and sprinting through. They look absolutely dynamite. I genuinely think the Sharks need to be in contention for that. I know you said that they've got a soft run home, but a lot of their players are confidence players, so the fact that they're going to get more and more momentum, I generally think the Sharks are more of a title threat than the Roosters, and that's saying something because the Roosters look amazing.
Speaker 4: You know, there's been a lot of pressure in the last couple of seasons on Nicko Heinz and his combination with Braidon Trindle one. He's got this ridiculous goal kicking streets, so I might just take you back to your bugbear about goal kickers. I think it's what thirty one, thirty.
Speaker 1: Two, thirty two, I think it any no right.
Speaker 4: But him and braidon Trindle And this was correct the last time I checked. Actually, in terms of creating opportunities, are the most effective halves pairing in the game. They have the between them, have the most triasist than any other halves combination.
Speaker 3: Kennedy's been brilliant, Bradley's brilliant. I think Heines is playing better than when he won the delim a few years ago. Trindle is running the show, Niko's running more. They're just chock full of confidence.
Speaker 1: Fitz's got them. Really, they're dialing in. It's kind of like this Last Dance scenario. A bunch of players are off contract. They look like they're playing for each other. And then another thing that's become much more prominent it's always been around, is the Heines trendle dynamics sometimes that they found that hard to manage. Who was Numero Uno? Who is the general? And a lot of attention and scrutiny's gone on the Bulldogs on who they call the seven and who they call a six but the Sharks absolutely. The halfback's actually Braden Trindle. His kicking meters are more than double, maybe even triple. Nico Hines and Niko's runs are more than double than Trindle's. So they've worked it out. I think that that key issue of making Heinz the center of attention, putting it all on him, I think that's been equalized by how well Bradley's playing, Trindle's playing, Kennedy's playing. And again they always get overlook. But the forwards a massive, running, fast, hitting hard I genuinely think they're the number one chance to beat to top of the Panthers. Moving on from the weekend, and there was some real peculiarities that were occurring within the officiating and the interpretation of the rules. We had a sinbin for a hairpool. We had two players going off for essentially touching each other. We had a misconversion from right in front, well actually it was a conversion, it was called a miss. And then there's been big news about the trialing of the new kickoff rules. Where the heck do we start, bulldog?
Speaker 2: Let's start with Rhyce Walsh.
Speaker 1: Okay, yep, the hair pool, yes, oh no, it was ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I don't know why he did it. While she decided in his wisdom to come charging into a melee. He wasn't needed in there in the very first place. He should stay back at fullback where he belongs, and then decides he wants to grab dom young hair. Look, clearly, Dom Young's got long hair.
Speaker 1: It must be nice, don It does get in the way, I get it.
Speaker 3: But it was a good old fashioned grab and wrench. He deserved to go the sinbin he ultimately got charged to with. I think it was contry conduct. He faces a thousand dollars fine. It was silly, but to me it was indicative of the Broncos season, ill disciplined, unnecessary, stupid, silly. And this is what the Broncos have had to compete with all year. They just kill themselves.
Speaker 1: See, I saw it a bit differently, Bulldog. I thought. I thought Reese had a good argument of a player was attacking his player and he was trying to get him off him. Should you pull hair?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 1: But what made it annoying to me is that also McEwen from the Knights went off as well. He was SimBin as well. And this is definitely one of My most frustrating things that happens within the officiating is that when there's a melee, we can't just have one. We can't have one person do worse. So out of those two things, absolutely pulling the hand from Reese Walsh was the worst act. Why are both players going to the SimBin because.
Speaker 3: You're not supposed to go into a melee, but you leave it alone. It's none of your business, stay out. But they all try to be tough guys and they're all tired by their coach. If there's a melee, I don't want everyone in there. They all come charging in. Then the it's hand bags at ten. Just stay out, it's none of your business.
Speaker 2: Move on, stop trying to be tough.
Speaker 5: Guys, piece off, back to your positions.
Speaker 4: Yeah, and it's it's always been the guy that runs in and escalates it. And I think you hear the referee saying, you know, I saw you Jumaine. He pretty much, you know, ran halfway across the field to get involved in this melee, which is probably you know what got him SimBin, just the fact that he went out of his way to get involved. But that's always been the rule, right, like if you rush in, the third man, the fourth man, whatever, you're the one who escalates it, then no, I'm going to get in trouble for it.
Speaker 1: I'm with you. Third man in. That's the punish. That's how I always understood the punishment before the last decade. The third man in. You've escalated the situation, you should go to the bin. But when we're taking both players, we're not saying third man. We're saying third man, and whoever the third man is for the other team, they go to the bin. I think it's inconsistent the one, the one that was.
Speaker 4: I think you have to like, I get it's not punishment. I get Reses Walsh pulled the hair as part of the melee, But when you sort of see in isolation, I tend to agree with Bulldog that of all the things that happened, Recee pulling the hair was probably the worst thing to happen in that melee. Like, I'm not going to say it's the same as punching somebody, will you know they're stuck in a mela. But he did go out of his way again to find I know Dom Young has a lot of hair, find his hair and pull it, like he didn't have to do that.
Speaker 1: Well, the most agreed. If we're in agreement the most egregients, egregious actors hair pulling, then re should go. So my point is like if we go back to the finals last year with the Raiders and Broncos and it was a Hudson Young and Reese Welsh, and all Hudson Young.
Speaker 2: Did was say some mean words, whereas Reese.
Speaker 1: Weld put his head into it right. So I absolutely and I reckon a bunch of fans will find this soone or happens in origin all the time. It's not really a punishment if both teams are punished.
Speaker 4: Yeah, are you saying it's done sort of to square the ledger? So you know it's one of those situations where you know you're taking too much of a risk as a ref just to send one off. Yeah, so to appease everybody you send.
Speaker 1: Because a man down changes the entire dynamic of the game. When you take a man from each side it means nothing. You might as well leave them on, is my point. Blow penalty to Newcastle for Reese's hairpool move on. I just hate when they try and make it even and level when both both the incidents were not the same anyway. That's my ramp for this episode. Okay, moving on, we saw a very very interesting conversion attempt where the touch judges actually called it a dismissed, the referee reviews it and the ball clearly went over. Fans were pretty miffed about that one.
Speaker 2: Bulldog.
Speaker 3: Yeah, well it was embarrassing for the game, wasn't It was a Royce Walsh kick from right in front.
Speaker 2: It was a low trajectory kick. Excuse me.
Speaker 3: And yeah, sometimes with the background of a crowd, you've got the led big screen there, it can be challenging. I get it, but it's a one job moment. You got one job to do the kicks from right in front. It went over.
Speaker 2: It clearly went over.
Speaker 3: It was a step up, and I think it left the game more embarrassed than anything else. Fortunately, the video referee, we can go to the video referee these days, as you just touched on and we sort it out and it got fixed.
Speaker 2: But yeah, look, I'm told that.
Speaker 3: When there's two touchies they're supposed to make up their own mind. Those are the rules. But between now and nine one hundred and eight, they've actually spoken behind the try line and one will go yes, no goal, no goal, So obviously someone's gone no goal, and the second ones waved it away.
Speaker 2: That's led to the embarrassment.
Speaker 4: It's interesting you say that. So I did watch it over a couple of times because I wrote about it. In the tackle, it looks like Reswalsh not I don't know if he trips or sort of shanks the ball a little bit, so I don't know if that distracts one of the touches seeing that you know it wasn't a clean kick from Res Walsh. But if you actually look, one of the touchies actually goes to raise the flag before then they seem to change their mind. Maybe they get the call saying it missed, and all of a sudden both of them are waving it away. But yeah, for a conversion right in front. Like you said, Bulldog, I think it shouldn't happen, and it's more embarrassing than anything. And you know, all I've seen on social media is the stereotype and the jokes about refs really can't see.
Speaker 1: Well, I hate to be contrarian, No, I love it. I thought gran Ekins, I think was the rep did a good job of explaining that it's gone so fast we can't see I can understand it. And what's more embarrassing rep one touch he putting up the flag and the other one waving away. It's an embarrassing scenario either way. Moving on to one that the refs aren't in control of, but will absolutely have significant impact on the game, It's been reported that the NRL are going to trial the team that concedes deciding who kicks off, so they're going to change that. They're going to trial it in inconsequential games for teams that can't make the eight fatima. I'll throw to you on this one. Is this a bad call?
Speaker 4: I don't like it, and I don't consider myself a purest in any sense of the word, but I just think so. The proposed rule is the team that concedes can either choose receive the ball or they can kick off, right, And the idea behind the kickoff change is to maybe hopefully reduce some of the blowout scores that we're seeing right, But to me, that feels like just another rule that is going to artificially manipulate momentum, and the reality is one of the reasons why we're seeing a lot of the blowout scores, and I know it's even doubt a bit as a season has gone on. Is the change to the set restarts, changing it from a forty meter threshold to a sixty meter threshold. So that's also sort of artificially determined momentum swings in the game. So instead of addressing that, come up with a new rule to address the blowouts. It doesn't make any sense to me. But also, if you're the team that's just conceded, why should you get rewarded for your bad defense? And the flaw in the rule to me is if it's about reducing blowout scores or keeping games competitive. Imagine you're on a team that you're a team mounting a comeback, You score a try, and then all of a sudden, your momentum is broken because the team that's trying to hold onto their leads going nonah nah, you know we're going to receive the ball. So none of it makes sense to me. They're going to trial it in some dead rubber games towards the end of the season. Again, why are we trialing such a significant rule change in games that don't mean anything? Like you need to be able to see what impact the rule has when there is something on the line. So I don't like it. I know, I think Wayne Bennett is one of the proponents for it. I think overall a lot of coaches aren't, you know, the biggest fan of it. But I just think we're meddling with something that doesn't regular board.
Speaker 3: I think fatima in terms of the chor issue here is the set restarts, So maybe that's something that they should look at to try to prevent these momentum blowouts rather than going to the next level, which isn't the problem in the first place.
Speaker 5: Look, look, I get the theory. We don't want blowouts.
Speaker 3: Yah, Rugby Leagu's not a blowouts, and momentum these days is causing some high scores. But I think you're spot on. Let's get the core issue of determined and fixed before we start meddling with the issue that's down the track.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I've got to get this rant out like this has only occurred because the set, like you mentioned, the set restarts have changed, so the game's getting faster, momentum has become uncontrollable. So what's the problem That rule has created a problem. So instead of fixing the rule that didn't work, We're going to create a new rule to try and mitigate the previously dumb rule that the Neralal just needs to go back to last year's rules. We don't need to change the kickoff. We just need to go back to twenty twenty five's rules. It's killing fans, it's killing the game. We're getting to this point of philosophical pontification and scientific study to try and work out how we can get this game that we love back on track. Just go back to last year's rules. Now onto Bulldog's favorite segment of the episode, the BS Messages of the Week. This is where if something got you riled up, you've got a gripe. You're really pissed off with something that's happening in the NRL. We want to hear your messages. Go to codesport dot com DoD au and submit it. It's really easy, front and center, top of the page. We want to hear from you. We've got one from Ross in Townsville. I wonder what he's going to be talking about. Fatima my Nan could have put up a better defensive effort. Absolutely pathetic from the cowboys. Not happy jam.
Speaker 4: I reckon if you fielded thirteen NaN's from Townsville on the weekend. They probably would have put in a better defensive effort than what we got.
Speaker 1: So yep, yep, damning, scathing indictment from Fatima there, bulldog, good luck making sense of this one.
Speaker 2: Okay.
Speaker 1: So the game introduced the six tackle rule in the nineteen eighties to even up possession. Now the six again or the six more rule can give aside a run of possession. That's from Glenn in Tippery in New South Wales. Thank you for that specification. So he's saying there like we had the six tackle sets came in so we could balance up possession, and now the set restarts are taking away that even contested possession.
Speaker 2: Yeah, not quite sure.
Speaker 3: What Glenn is referring to the six tackled in in the nineteen eighties. I think it came in about the sixties. So we're now trying to compare apples and origes and what's sixty five years ago. I think what Glenn's trying to say is it as the game being nullified from what we tried to establish sixty years ago.
Speaker 2: Glenn, I don't know what you're talking about.
Speaker 1: I think we're going to keep the sorry against Glenn, Sorry mate, Sorry bro. Thanks so much for tuning in. Folks. Again, we want to hear from you with a bit more detail from you next time, Glenn, if you want to reach out to us on cod sports dot com, Dadau, let's just hear it, guys. We want to talk about what's got you wound up. Thanks again for a great episode and we will see you next week.