Speaker 1: It's yours, Cooper, Yeah, and John's.
Speaker 2: The floor is yours, ladies and gentlemen. Mister Rick Astley, never gonna give, never give.
Speaker 3: If you you're feeling bettered beam because you've been on your death.
Speaker 4: I'll tell you what right to take a little Maddy to the doctor.
Speaker 2: Little Maddie.
Speaker 5: It's like a little Wayne, little Nikki, little one.
Speaker 4: Last night he was going if thin and to the hospital.
Speaker 5: I was last night.
Speaker 1: Really my throat was it? I was in agony throat. We'll get to that. You've lever down the garden path there, but mate, well i'll tear how crook I was. When do I ever miss work? Trish? Never?
Speaker 2: Actually, to be fair, you're pretty good.
Speaker 4: Remember the time he had pneumonia and I made him sleep on the floor. It was heated on the floor.
Speaker 2: Which show? Did you miss the like your Thursday night show?
Speaker 5: That?
Speaker 1: Or yeah he did? But I missed the radio Maddie and Krop podcast this week? This week I just couldn't talk. I will I.
Speaker 3: Will say emotional and Jackal sound rational now talk about missing the work?
Speaker 2: I will say.
Speaker 3: Jackal attest to this as well, like I didn't a lot of people in media, I think since I worked with Carl sand Lands and saw how much he missed work like wake off, and then it made me realize, geez, dad, like even in your time, even doing Brecky Radio as well, when you're doing Fox, you do your Sunday night or Thursday, and I was like, you never really missed too much work.
Speaker 1: That's what they called me double duty Johnson.
Speaker 3: I think the most you missed was when you like did the Olympics and Fletch hosted it. Yep, like in terms of not doing your actual show, and the time I got pneumonia twice, where I was just please give me some pity.
Speaker 1: I got nothing. I was laying on the floor at one point, laying out the back. Then you just took me to the doctors and I laid on the I was at the doctors by myself and guys on I'm looking.
Speaker 2: For some film.
Speaker 4: I always take you to the Doctor's your big baby, stop pretending.
Speaker 5: Well today today he's not completely over it yet, because today I don't know it's on my lip there, Jesus Christ, what is on your lips? I don't know.
Speaker 2: It's a toothpaste, so a joke. No, it's like, is it a joke.
Speaker 5: Huh, well today actually asked me to rub some rubby back, which was which is a strange one to rub into my father's back. He me and Jim brought back some tiger balm from Thailand, sorry to immigration there, and I was rubbing into his back.
Speaker 4: Does that help?
Speaker 5: He was bent over the lounge in the front in the dining room and the noises coming out of him.
Speaker 3: It was like, because yeah, drive, his son wasn't dry?
Speaker 4: Did he did?
Speaker 1: He?
Speaker 4: Did he pummel your back? Because he had a chest thing?
Speaker 5: So did you?
Speaker 4: Did you pummel the bat? You do that with babies. I used to have to do it with you a lot.
Speaker 1: It wasn't about removing the flame off the chest. It was actually break it up.
Speaker 4: It was a muscula.
Speaker 3: It was about his spine because you got me to rub it and then you were dead set.
Speaker 1: Honestly, just put one finger on it. It's like you're touching it like a telephone. I was gonna make it's I was moving your rock. Just press a little bit. You could not have been less interested. It wasn't got those big hands and just bush.
Speaker 3: Because Jack said Texi Hooy came over and Jack said the noises coming out of you.
Speaker 5: It was like Jack.
Speaker 3: Felt so no, Jack just felt awkward because it was like you were going and then Jack could say, am I hurting you? And you look back over your shoulder, kind of like that, like while you're arched over the catch, you look back at your son while you're almost downward dog.
Speaker 2: You look back at him and go, no, it feels so good.
Speaker 1: So it's lone behavior for him, Mum, keep going harder, harder.
Speaker 2: Well that's what they say.
Speaker 3: Kids sort of pick up tendencies from the parents.
Speaker 1: Take is that as you will.
Speaker 4: I don't even know where you go with that anyway, MJ.
Speaker 1: You enough about my backside.
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, you and your hypochondriac for now.
Speaker 5: You.
Speaker 6: I actually listened to your Monday podcast. I don't usually I just flicked it on the other day.
Speaker 1: I don't usually listen, however this time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but you were.
Speaker 1: Backing me.
Speaker 6: That once Tricia the major hypochondriact and making big comparisons with me and your brother. Yeah, enormous events. You and him are so And you said that I'm a hypechondriac. I can't believe that holm I a hypochondriac. By telling you that I think you have COVID because if you dry cough.
Speaker 1: I know that was just it was something a little different. We're just sort of we're going down memory lane of all the things that you've your ailments. You've said your like cancer, Oh you always go back to the cancer.
Speaker 4: Cancer, very inconvenient.
Speaker 1: Let's put the cancer away from it.
Speaker 4: Nothing compares to you, though, Matthew.
Speaker 6: When I was when I was rushed to hospital hemorrhaging because they had an ectopic pregnancy, which is when I was pregnant.
Speaker 5: But the.
Speaker 4: What do you mean after you the feed is to get stuck in YouTube.
Speaker 6: It can't survive and what happens at ruptures and the mother can die like it you know baby for me?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you had another baby after me.
Speaker 6: Well I didn't have the baby obviously, he was stuck in the tube the podcast. We rushed to hospital and the doctor's there like and he's like, yeah, okay, I'm getting getting you straight into surgery and are you comfortable because it's very painful, and he's like to do it and I'm like, no, no, okay, let's just get me in there.
Speaker 4: And then make goes doc.
Speaker 6: Can you just have a look at my ankle because he'd had ankle surgery a couple of weeks before.
Speaker 4: Do you reckon that's infected.
Speaker 5: They're pretty bad.
Speaker 1: It was like the.
Speaker 6: Biggest strongo, the dear doctor. Like I loved my obstetrician. He just looked at you and looked at me with like pity and looked back at you with more disdain and went, oh, no, I think it's okay.
Speaker 4: It could could be. To be fair, he's an obstetrician. He's used to looking at vaginas.
Speaker 2: That like father like son.
Speaker 1: Yes, yeah, okay, I'll give okay, I'll give you that one. I'll give you that one. You'll give you cancer.
Speaker 2: You can have cancer.
Speaker 1: You've had that many things to do, give that many things removed from your body, like gall bladders.
Speaker 6: I don't have a gall bladder, I don't one tube. No, I have my appendix. I want to get rid of it because I don't like. I don't like excess.
Speaker 2: Just calls she gets rid of stuff.
Speaker 3: So she gets her weight down my boobs rather than rather than hard work and exercise, said, you know what, I want to get down to sixty kekes.
Speaker 2: She goes. She just gets you removed, take out the small intestine.
Speaker 1: My right, my right arm, I said, but then you have to lean over your left to me.
Speaker 2: Sorry, Yeah, that's not cool.
Speaker 5: That's why I stop it.
Speaker 6: You know I've got tennis elbow. I do, and the hypochondriac continue.
Speaker 1: True.
Speaker 2: Do you feel good today?
Speaker 5: I do?
Speaker 4: Actually, because you've been like you've nearly been.
Speaker 2: I've been worried about you.
Speaker 3: I was going to call a therapist last week. How you've been with the whole building and everything.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm with you. I must say this week. You've really come in to your own this week, because even even with the build last week, you were coming to a bit of a rough week, shall we say.
Speaker 4: I had a lot of choices. I stepped any decisions.
Speaker 1: I stepped up on that.
Speaker 5: You've been so good, Matthew.
Speaker 1: You said, hey, listen, don't worry about it. Whatever it takes. We went and had a look at. What we look at.
Speaker 3: It was shades of the ninety seven Grand Final. Remember when you talked about what Chief or Sarge said and you you cried that time.
Speaker 2: It's shades of that.
Speaker 3: He got up the leader of the family at the dinner table. He said, we need to look after our maidie because she's not She's not herself.
Speaker 4: Well you know what it helped when I had some sleep.
Speaker 5: Yeah, no one functions cry.
Speaker 1: Unfortunately, when she showed me the invoice.
Speaker 2: Is it expensive?
Speaker 4: It's not cheap.
Speaker 2: I was going to say, a.
Speaker 1: Couple of couple of Fletchers old teammates working here, the yak And and Pauly Curi.
Speaker 2: Did you play against these fellows?
Speaker 1: Yes, I did both of them.
Speaker 5: How do you go?
Speaker 4: Yeah?
Speaker 1: They Yeah, they're pretty impressed. I saw when they saw me that there was urine just running. Yeah, please don't take.
Speaker 6: Us on should I'm quite in love with our builders.
Speaker 4: How about their work?
Speaker 5: I think last two days I went up early and then I come back and they are like literally like, come back with my coffee. They're into it.
Speaker 4: Oh, they're into it. There's poles gone, there's beings.
Speaker 1: Are Polish people, yeah, thank you Polish people leaving here?
Speaker 4: How Italian or great?
Speaker 1: The Lebanese builders man.
Speaker 4: They and Italians we've got to mix here.
Speaker 1: It's awesome, mate. We just were united nations. You don't discriminate against anyway. Please come all come.
Speaker 4: In excellent And we went to their twenty years anniversary party.
Speaker 1: We moved in quick.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I know, didn't we it wasn't.
Speaker 6: Our timing exceptional top five Johns on the way.
Speaker 1: The game that I said, it was almost like you're not signing to the club, and suddenly you're in the super Bowl.
Speaker 4: In the exactly in the Grand Fire.
Speaker 2: Fresh Hey, you had an introductionary question as well.
Speaker 6: Trishy, Oh am, I okay, you're amazing at person on your left. The person on your left a hypochondriac, and if you say so, you must give evidence. Now, Cooper, I'm going to start with you. You are the entire opposite of a hypochondriac. And I can justify this with some evidence and Jack will back me up.
Speaker 4: Hypochondriact.
Speaker 5: What's the opposite of hyper contract someone who tough, someone who like doesn't sort of takes problem seriously.
Speaker 4: I guess no, no, just doesn't.
Speaker 6: Like you've got a paint, You've got a high pain threshold, and you you don't.
Speaker 4: You don't WINCH, you don't WINCH. So, oh gosh, were you in primary skill?
Speaker 3: Yeah, appendix, Oh yeah, you're telling the story.
Speaker 4: True shit, But where you're in prim school or high school?
Speaker 2: It would have been high school, sir.
Speaker 6: Okay, So I was quite young and one day we're in the car and he said, oh, Mom, I've got this pain in my side here and I went, okay. I didn't think too much of it because he didn't make a big deal of it. And I said, okay, well, just give an eye on that and let me know if it gets worse or if it's still there, because that's where your appendix is.
Speaker 4: And he's like, okay.
Speaker 6: Two weeks later, we're sitting in front of the fire before school one day. In two weeks two weeks later.
Speaker 2: I was just reinforcing it.
Speaker 4: Two weeks could have been three possible, and it was.
Speaker 6: And he goes, oh, this is still hurting. And I went, oh, my god, is that's still hurting? And I realized it's like and.
Speaker 4: You're an idiot.
Speaker 6: You are to have put into the eye of your penis, I.
Speaker 1: Know, for the sensation of your fingers there once again, we'll take the worm.
Speaker 5: And at it surprised you. Fun fact about Matt few is he's actually had.
Speaker 4: That before were in his penis.
Speaker 5: There's a there was something in the day where something popped up. Someone had an X ray a nurse and put it on social media of a client that came in client, a patient that came in and they'd they'd gone ahead and put a I believe it was a silk worm. No, no, I believe it was the coat hanging be straight and put it down the urethra to try it for pleasure. People do that quite a bit pleasure.
Speaker 2: I don't know. You say this stuff all the time, like you.
Speaker 6: Know, the penis as such, like that's you like eurestro Like what are they doing?
Speaker 1: Yep, I've heard of that before. That quite a bit.
Speaker 4: Jesus sweet.
Speaker 3: Whenever anyone says anything like, oh, you know, you know they walked in, these firefighters get called and there's someone sitting on the door knob of their doors and I don't know how I slipped and fell on that. Dad always just climes yeah, because I've heard that story. But Dad always will chime in and back it up.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 2: That happens all the time, and I have to call you out. You don't know if it happens all the time.
Speaker 1: I read were rolling pizza die.
Speaker 5: Have you ever seen the Jackass? The Jackass did one in the early two thousands, and then when they were doing the TV shows where they got Chris Pontius or Bam Madeira, they got him to put a toy car up his rectum. They put it up like they looped it up and put it in a condom and put it up, and then they sent him to the GP to get an extra remember that, And yeah, the GP was like, what has happened here? Just he had acted so clue. It's like he had just to deny. I don't know how it got there.
Speaker 1: That is really good.
Speaker 2: I remember that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sorry, back to the ectopic appendix.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so I'm not a hyper contract.
Speaker 6: You're saying, no, you're the opposite of a hyper contract. Yeah, I would never accuse you of that. And yeah, so I took him after the doctors and sure enough, Yeah, appendix appendix.
Speaker 4: Out that day story is done.
Speaker 2: I was more of my jack attack. I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: He's a hypochondriac in some areas, but not like with pain and stuff like that.
Speaker 4: It doesn't do well with a cold, is he not?
Speaker 2: Yeah, but that's man for real pain.
Speaker 1: He's very very He's tough.
Speaker 2: In that sense.
Speaker 3: Yeah, there are some things that just flusters him sometimes and he may make a larger issue out of it, but no, overall, like he's probably a half hyperchondriac.
Speaker 6: Yeah, I'll take that Okay, what are we doing with John's hypercorn Jack?
Speaker 5: Well, well, it's hard because when you have certain things I've seen you, you know, you might be of the same cloth. To be fair, Matthew, you're a bit of half as well. But in fairness you are very good, like as Cooper said, you soldier on well, like you get on with it. In fairness, though, you do treat yourself horrendously, like the first day you're sick. For instance, here you went Jimmy trained in the gym and it's like freaking fifteen degrees at the moment, Like, you know what's funny.
Speaker 2: I think he's jim He's gymmed every day. Even yesterday. He was like not.
Speaker 3: Today obviously, but you have to a podcast. But like yesterday you were like, oh man, I'm so I'm so crooked. And then like an hour later you came back from gym and you're like a giddy little school like skipped in like it.
Speaker 4: Was like it does it's good for his head and his body. No, he said to me, you say, look.
Speaker 6: My back's a bit tiright. I'm just gonna go and move it. Okay, go move it, baby.
Speaker 1: I will say this. I matched on three weeks in a row playing with a broken cheekbone once.
Speaker 6: Wow, that was because you didn't want to miss any of the games exactly.
Speaker 4: You're still bitch and wine at all.
Speaker 1: Well, and then I got the operation done and that afternoon drink.
Speaker 3: Yeah wow, you are an inspiration everyone.
Speaker 6: That's why Matt never complains about being unwell becoose. He doesn't want to miss out on any party time, just like the time.
Speaker 4: Yeah, oh the lip your lip was hanging on.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we've told this story.
Speaker 6: And he didn't want to have to go to that hospital because like then he wouldn't be able to go out for a beer.
Speaker 1: Could I just say something, right, just change the subject for one minute. I'm a little consumed with the house, the house next door to us, Bob, the next house. My god, amazing people. I noticed there's cameras in the house, and they have cameras at their place to make sure you know there's breaking in. I was laying in bed today and I looked up. There's camera in your room and I think there's a camera in.
Speaker 6: I think that's the remote for the fan mate.
Speaker 1: Okay, thank god, what you thought?
Speaker 2: Were actually freaking.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I just you know, didn't want them to sort.
Speaker 5: Of what were they saying?
Speaker 3: Realistically, you're not doing anything worth watching, you know what I mean? My my wall back on your my my wall back your mums.
Speaker 2: It's awfully quite in there.
Speaker 1: Well, the thing is all the action happens with my mum's not in the room. That's what I'm saying, right, Yeah, solo mission, Han solo, literally, Han solo.
Speaker 2: Can you I threw up the throat goat before? Can you tell the people the story of what happened?
Speaker 3: Because you come home and told me you apparently you didn't know what the term throatcoat gained.
Speaker 1: So the genesis of when I heard the term throat goat is when you and all your mates went up to the hunta valley and Dad organized a bus and made of his who was the driver, Sternie Sternie, And you said to the boards, you said, you said, to the boys, this is Sternie. He is the throat goat. Now you said, I don't know. I just felt right, I just did it. So I thought, yeah, okay, it's a good term, like throat goat, like it's the gat, but he's the throat goat. Yeah, And I just thought it was a right. I thought that's I thought that was it. And so I've said it to people at the time, like throat goat. I've had a few strange looks. But last week in sen it really dawned on me because what had happened. We've got our audio technician who's an Ecuadorian, Raoul, and Raoul was over the moon. Ecuador had really had some really great performances in the fifth World Cup, and we're going, mate, rolled at the call of the goal, go the boys goal, roll all you the goat. You're the goat, And I thought I'll throw it in. I said, roll all you are the throat? Got right, and everything just went starlight and they were and I said, okay, let's go to all break and I'm there going eight. Are you serious? They said, well, I'm going to cut that out of the podcast. Why They went, You're called roll all the throat goat?
Speaker 5: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I went, do you know what a throat goat is? Oh? Yeah, Cooper says, He goes, no, mate, do you know what a throat coat is?
Speaker 5: And what is it?
Speaker 3: It's like they are the goat of It's like giving really good head job.
Speaker 1: I just want to say right to Rowl's family in Ecuador, a Quito, Ecuador. Your your your, your beloved one is not over here giving people blood jobs.
Speaker 5: Okay, I did not, I remember you.
Speaker 3: You also you also said, who did you say? You said it on the show one time you have one of the boys and you remember.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, there was something I was just about to say. We've had this before. We've actually spoken about reverse influencing your child, but in.
Speaker 4: Reverse child influencing the parent.
Speaker 5: Yeah, exactly right. So you've had something like that happened before. You went on air with a player and you said something that Cooper said everyone went.
Speaker 3: Oh, it might you know it might have been throw you said on the Sunday Night Show one time at last year.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and we just didn't. I don't know why because I said all the time, but who was the player? I can't remember.
Speaker 1: I think it was Joe Voyage. He used the throat, goat.
Speaker 3: But it also works in the context of if they're a real good, a real good singer, you say like, yeah.
Speaker 4: The throat, Is that why you called me a throw coat every now and again?
Speaker 2: Definitely don't fully don't use it.
Speaker 6: What we're going to say, what are some other things that have been misunderstood.
Speaker 4: Got any others?
Speaker 5: Oh, there's a there's a mile out there. Do we want to go near the personal?
Speaker 1: I remember remember your great friends of ours kath Martin. She used to talk about movies' going to see a sky sky fie movie. I know I love a sky I love a sky fie where like I love a sky fie movie. We're going sci fi sky fie.
Speaker 3: What did Jack remember? Jack for years thought it was masturbate.
Speaker 4: I supposed I kept him. I never corrected him. I thought it sounded much nicer.
Speaker 2: It actually does.
Speaker 1: Sound for geta who people say that for geta?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Do you have any teacher school? We remember once? You still remember this? At school, everyone got an assignment in year five you had to get a little bit of a talk. And and Alan Jones, the race car driver, Alan Jones had just the world title. And they said to one of the one of the students, you're gonna get up there and talk about the Grand Prix. He got up there and was talking about the Grand Pricks.
Speaker 2: Really, Oh, there's like a there's another turn of phrases. Someone always well.
Speaker 5: There's a big difference between effect and effect. Yes, yeah, that I go well, I still just just throw the dice on that one.
Speaker 2: I think, really, what is the difference?
Speaker 4: Affect is like an emotional response effect, an effect like Vicero hit you in the face.
Speaker 1: The effect is pain. Effect is different.
Speaker 4: Effect is like it's emotional.
Speaker 1: Yeah that's right, yeah, pain your effects? No.
Speaker 6: I think the effect of a tranquil like a of a taser on you, that's an e effect.
Speaker 2: Well, look, we are sounding awfully stupid.
Speaker 4: Even effect is like affection.
Speaker 5: How about I get it effect for you?
Speaker 2: Yeah, you google it.
Speaker 6: It's like the effect of him being nasty.
Speaker 2: Makes me so.
Speaker 3: But then what effects?
Speaker 6: But then the effect, well, the effect of kicking a stone is that it moves.
Speaker 3: The effect You were a school teacher, so you should talk about school year from English?
Speaker 1: Interesting sparked a memory me. Can I share this with you? Sure? My great made Peaky, who passed away when it just at your fifty birthday, had this really wicked sense of humor. And again I remember in year five, remember that song they said, I'll teake you riding in my car car, I'll take you writing in my car car. Do you remember that song? Peaky scars? Mate? I want to get up and sing that song. But I'm still the saying car, I'm going to say cock and just do it so peak it up. And all the nuns were playing the like playing the piano and that he was going, I'll take you riding in my car. Car.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 1: One of the teachers, mister Henry after and said Phil little yard, he goes, you were saying car.
Speaker 2: Little fist pump. Did you get a date?
Speaker 5: Yeah? I got to hear.
Speaker 1: So.
Speaker 5: Effect usually it means to influence something. So the rain will affect our planes. His speech affected the crowd deeply. That's a effect. And then effect it means the result of something. So the rain had a big effect on our plan on our planes. Okay or plans?
Speaker 2: Clear effect?
Speaker 4: What about what about inquiry and inquiry? You know the difference?
Speaker 3: Don't inquiries like you I n is to inquire about something like him here to inquire.
Speaker 6: The other way is to inquire about something. An inquiry is actually an inquisition into something.
Speaker 2: Okay, well, is this way? We could do this all day?
Speaker 1: What's the difference between amal and amil?
Speaker 4: Is the little purple vile thing around point and stuff?
Speaker 1: And is George Cloys you're an idiot?
Speaker 5: I can we can we talking about a bit of social media stuff. This week, Cuber John's was spotted on someone's feed and in the week I want to bring up that her feed had something to do with the toilet roll that Cooper John's sort of screwed around in the house.
Speaker 2: Yeah, well we didn't leave. Alluded to the fact that he's locked up now Coober John's. So we went hard.
Speaker 3: We had launched last week. Yep, a lot of our listeners got behind it. A lot of our listeners.
Speaker 2: Sledging me actually in the comments.
Speaker 4: Well, just your girlfriend's got bigg muscles.
Speaker 2: Then you do a lot of a lot of chat like that, a lot of chat like.
Speaker 4: She's fitter than you.
Speaker 3: That's not a funny one. Just a lot of stuff like, you know, he couldn't be an athlete of his own, so I had to had to get to get one.
Speaker 2: Stuff like that, why are you a green?
Speaker 1: Yeah it's true.
Speaker 2: Really because the other day, what's the effect of them?
Speaker 1: What about this chat? Like lots of times young lovers will sort of go and have a coffee together or go and do stuff. Guess what Poppy and Kuba did. They went and had to kick together. It was just as Cooper left the room. It wasn't the first time Jemma said to Jack and I, I just don't see Cooper like as any kind of athlete.
Speaker 5: Just when he got so for listeners that sort of know the timeframe of when me and Keeper finished up. I started going out with Gemma after we met Cooper had both retired. She sucks and like, we started properly going out about five months after Cooper had been on his like had been played his last game, and he's pretty much been on a five month bender, right, so his body probably wasn't what he used to be. And she honestly goes, I can't imagine Cooper doing exercise three years.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's a whole new person to tell my stories.
Speaker 4: And she's really kind to you, just like her.
Speaker 2: Yeah, girl, what she's is there stuff she can work on?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 4: Probably just hanging out in your room though there what.
Speaker 1: Is I never know what you're doing in there?
Speaker 5: What are you doing in there?
Speaker 2: We're playing board games?
Speaker 1: Students. We used to hang upstairs all the time, flatmates. Yeah, yeah, I mean they.
Speaker 3: Would imagine what imagine what they're saying about you, So you know what's funny, Like obviously when you you got to introduce. When you get a partner, you got to introduce some like the friendship groups and obviously your family and whatnot.
Speaker 2: But I took her into the storm Sheds at the cob John's cut.
Speaker 3: Yeah yeah, And I've introduced Poppy to a few of the boys, but I was really excited to introduce her to Belly A.
Speaker 2: Craig Bellamy. You know, someone's had a big impact my life, you know.
Speaker 3: Anyway, I've brought her in, I mean, Harry talking Billy's come back from the press Commons. I went by like, this is this is my new partner, Pobby, my not me, this is my new partner Poppy. And then and really it goes and he's looking at her. He's looking at her up and and at the st like looking behind her and that, and I thought, look at I said, jeez, you old horn dog, you having a decent looking And he goes, well, I can't see the guy dog, so you must you mustn't be blind.
Speaker 2: What are you doing with this idiot?
Speaker 3: And that's actually pretty good for you. But I have heard him regurgitate that same joke to like forty yeah, And I said, hey, you've got to stop using that same.
Speaker 5: And now I'm going to regurgitate it forever. It's not.
Speaker 2: It is actually pretty good. I was like pretty good from the old fossil.
Speaker 1: I love it. I tell you what to say something. The fifth of World Cup has been senacial.
Speaker 4: I have not watched one ball.
Speaker 1: Trish some of some of the games. I mean the other day Mexico versus you versus England Mexico.
Speaker 4: Now that was very nice.
Speaker 1: Was it was an insane game. And then today Man Egypt to nail up against Argentina should have been three nail up, but two nail up, and then twenty minutes ago and make the back and beat them three too. It's been it's been an amazing World Cup.
Speaker 4: But the VA what are the surprises. I haven't followed anything so.
Speaker 1: Well, there's not.
Speaker 5: There were a few that made it through, but they're sort of out now right.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's yeah, some big surprises in the early one. Some of some of the minnows have done did really really well. Minns sides like.
Speaker 2: You know, miniscule countries or something.
Speaker 1: Well, a minnow may can be a big country, but they don't really play that sport. It'd be like like South Africa playing rugby rubby. League, the Rubby League, World Cup. I know there, but I mean what it is this year was forty eight teams that went down to the round of thirty two, and so you had sides like New Zealand in this World Cup. They actually played a really good brand of football New Zealand they were good. And some of the other African some African countries that were expected to do nothing did really really be held there aren't.
Speaker 2: It has been. People are like, I'm not massive.
Speaker 3: I enjoy the sport of soccer, but not really here in Australia's look. I like the charade of like overseas soccer pageantry, but like the World Cup stuff is brilliant.
Speaker 2: Like what Trump did to get that player off.
Speaker 3: Getting band so a player banned him, a player got red carded and he basically a US player, a US player, and then he was supposed to miss the following game.
Speaker 2: He didn't tell them what to do, but he just if you're getting if you're getting a call.
Speaker 3: From Donald Trump, he rings FIFA and just said, you know, I don't think that was a I don't think he deserves a red coat.
Speaker 2: A little learned to miss a game and they overturned it. And they just overturned it.
Speaker 1: It's unprecedented. The leader of the free world just flexing his mustard form and in corruption uh in the past. Yeah, I can clearly say that, yes they have so who gets the World Cup? All those sort of things, guitar, saldi, ravia, all these things. It's been proven and this one is just another one because okay, just excuse me, sorry everyone, not just because Donald Trump with is the fact, there is no doubt in the world. I mean, they put they put the World Cup on in America, in the USA because they want to make football a major sport thing. At the moment, it's well behind the NFL, the NBA, it's still a big sport into Miami and whatnot. But it would have been the dream result for FIFA to get the USA in the final four. They were desperate to get them there.
Speaker 5: That they's just a massive sporting market, right there are a nation of sports fans that have their given sports NBA, NBL, sorry, NBL, NBA, and NFL, but like that's a market. Like even the NFL am looking at over here, even just trying to get with that Vegas game, just trying to get point five percent of the audience. We do damage.
Speaker 1: You look at the money in that in the Major League Soccer there like the MLS, it's not you know, it's about number five in the list of sports, but some of the wages.
Speaker 3: Messy again and like Beckham's and owner and it like they're doing a lot to try to grow sport in general, let alone soccer.
Speaker 1: But Karma got them com because they're playing Belgium. Belgian is very very good side and they just gave bell Um enough immunitient. Belgium just wiped them for I saw that very very good side.
Speaker 5: What's that word you said, karma?
Speaker 1: Karma?
Speaker 5: It's like in that song by boy George car Macamellion.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the t camacamellion and I'm literally how it's spelleda kameleion.
Speaker 2: And we spoke about during the week the TV rights deal as well. While we're on Sport.
Speaker 3: I saw some stuff during the week you had. You had a good stat on like what they're saying that potentially the Sally Cap you got twenty million, They reckon it's going to hit twenty million, so the.
Speaker 5: Next ratchets are going to be freaking huge.
Speaker 1: To let people know what that is, or Jack was talking about a ratchet. What what managers start to do now, just think about this is it'll be if you've got a player and they'll say, right, oh, my player is on ten percent of the salary cap. Right, let's say the salary cap is twelve million. They said, we want out a player to beyond teen percent of the cap, which is one point too. But then all of a sudden, now with the salary cap going up to twenty million, that same player next you will be on two million dollars. What it isn't pople know? It's not a renegotiation. This just gets written in to their contract. It just gives up.
Speaker 5: They've been written in since COVID, So like I think because that obviously the timeline of the CBA, the deal getting done has been to and fro and all the like. The last CBA like just after COVID that was done like that took ages to get done, right, and this one like prior to that, everything every deal just about Like I think, if you're a manager doing his job and signing a player on a two or three year deal, like if you don't put a ratchet in, you're probably not doing a disservice to the player.
Speaker 1: Well, I'll just say this. I'm not going to name the player because I really like him and it's not his Fault's a great deal that was done. He's on twelve per cent of the salary cap, so the moment goes up to twenty million, he's on two point four million. But it's like, so be it.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it's the same percentage of it, doesn't It almost doesn't matter. You shouldn't look at it on how much the players on should be look at it the percentage of the salary go. It doesn't really matter. If he's still on the same percentage of the salary cap he's one of their best play.
Speaker 4: Well, if he's one of their best players.
Speaker 5: Yeah, well your input on the squad should be that, you know what I mean, like that reflect Yeah, exactly right.
Speaker 1: And the rumors just keep abounding that P and G will get three or four of the Panthers boys really some of their top blokes. And you look at Sellar Crabs twenty million, Well, P and G they're on that forty me in that first ten years.
Speaker 4: Did we say it on the podcast? Jack? You actually brought it up. You thought you had a bit of a theory you think that the the P and G Chiefs are going for a group, like.
Speaker 6: A cluster of players, show that the whole families and the friendship groups and everything move over.
Speaker 4: Said that there's an instant community, Well.
Speaker 5: There's that, but I just personally like if you're I'm not even thinking from the P and G Chiefs perspective. I'm thinking if you look at the best team of the last six years that's handled the COVID period, the post COVID period and the COVID periods. You look at Penrith and then you go, You've got all these players that are on good money right for the average Australian wage, but they could be earning more at lesser clubs. Let's be honest, yes, and the next move for a lot of them would be to get there, you know, before their careers and make some money. Right, And they're they've got the rare opportunity now to not only make more money but continue their legacy at a strong club with the same players, like they'd be silly not to do it.
Speaker 1: Well, to add to that, Ivan's coaching next year, right and not stepping stepping away. That's if you've got the model. So P and G got this certain model, but the first people who come in have to make that model work.
Speaker 4: Who are they having as their coach? So they've signed a coach.
Speaker 1: P and G chiefs, Yes, But what I mean is, you know, like basically you know that with Ivan going, it's almostly say that is the end of the pen But that team.
Speaker 3: It's like the Big Three stopping playing, you know. I mean, even though it's just a passing of a like the next Penrith generation might carry on.
Speaker 2: A legacy of dynasty.
Speaker 3: We don't know that for sure, but the Nathan clear reason whatnot if he doesn't stay at Penrith.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Like trying to explain it to people is like like a player going to a lesser club. Yes, you might be on big money, but your expectation goes up and the likelihood of success goes down, and that can like it can't be underestimated. Surely making bank, But if it's a three year deal and he's a playing poor and you're in good money, you're going to be copping the like you've seen it in the past. You'll cop a lot of heat from people and fans and that plays a part.
Speaker 3: And you ask you ask any player that leaves like cashes in and goes to a bad club on four years. Literally a year or two in, they're like, it's no longer about the money. They're like they couldn't care how much they are on. They're almost just like, I just like don't want to feel like this anymore because they can't go to the shop. They literally feel shit about themselves and they feel like they're just ranked players because they can't do what they can do.
Speaker 1: A lot of of course they come from successful clubs. They take success for Greenock. That's right, and that what it feels like to be Yeah.
Speaker 5: Yeah, So even like say, let's just say someone who at the Panthers who might be under I reckon he's on probably like eight hundred right MOSTLYTA for example, Like he could go to a lesser side and get close to a million as one of the like the premiere front rowers in the competition, but he could he's on one hundred. Now he could be on that same salary in P and G bet a different team with the same group of players and make double bubble, Like I just don't. I just feel like that's just too good at like being the best team in the last six years just too good a carrot for them to throw away.
Speaker 6: I just I just want a clarity on double bubbles chewing double bubble make it bank.
Speaker 1: Well, someone's getting kick that ass to.
Speaker 5: The highest percentage. What are you getting taxed? Like forty four percent or something like that at the moment. So essentially, if you're on that money and not getting taxed, you're making double bubble.
Speaker 1: Say a dog double.
Speaker 4: Bubble such I just I would go and play for the P and G chiefs.
Speaker 3: I think double bubble Michael, Yes, very ship gets double bubble jack title of the podcast.
Speaker 1: Double bubble Throat.
Speaker 4: Okay, one of my beautiful nephews.
Speaker 6: In traveling around which you've got a couple of dead ships, Ah Simon Simon's dead ship.
Speaker 2: I'll seek you're thinking of the other one thinking the mats I'll know them.
Speaker 6: And he brought up a post of the day and he said, oh, look who's walking out of the restaurant. And I'm looking and I had to do a double take and do another look, and I went and I sent a message going, is that Michael Jordan is not moving in Italy? I think it was either Capri or Sorrento. I'm not sure.
Speaker 4: And then in the next post in his stories, he.
Speaker 6: Goes, what a gentleman said, Hi, he said, then when he was leaving, he was sitting at the table behind him, and when he was leaving and gave him a tap on.
Speaker 4: The shoulder and said here. But he finished this and it was a bottle of a Keiler no way, and it was Michael Jordan. Michael John was moving.
Speaker 1: As Jordan was leaving, just tapped him and said, Amen, the rest is yours.
Speaker 2: That's pretty cool. Michael, Like, I I don't get he's the throat.
Speaker 1: Jordan.
Speaker 5: He may double bubble that.
Speaker 1: Dog.
Speaker 2: I don't think there is anyone.
Speaker 3: I would I'd really get starstruck for in the sporting world. But Michael Jordan like, I like, I've met Tom Brady in that you have to yeh yeah. But Jordan's and shack yeah, big shack shot at the diesel.
Speaker 5: But he's like Michael Jordan's like he's the white unicorn. Like you can't, you can't even I've heard Dana White even talk about being nervous to ask for his autograph, like on a on a card he had and the value of the card would go up exponent like one hundred times. Right, It's like one of his rookie cards that are like in mint condition. And even he says, I won't I can't ask.
Speaker 2: I think this.
Speaker 3: There's just something mysterious about Jordan, like because I think Shack and like Brady they did, they do a lot of me Bradey's in't the thing. So when he when he come out here and was lucky enough to meet him, it was like, oh, you kind of see so much of these guys on TV and different stuff, but Jordan's.
Speaker 4: Jordan's a little cranky potentially, bet He's just.
Speaker 3: Mysterious, like since he stopped playing, and obviously he's got the air Jordan brand, so he's like he's just making back. He doesn't need to do commentary or anything. He's almost just like disappeared. And then you see him again when he did the Last Dance documentary. So it's just like this, like Jack said, he's like a man.
Speaker 1: Be Ben Hogarth and Leon the two producers their NBA man And I was talking to them about it to amount of different guys, and I said, made Jordan's Jordan's the number one, right, And I said, I.
Speaker 4: Don't think remember last time he went into the basketball anyone.
Speaker 1: Jordan's number one. Honestly, it's just got the put it back on you. You've got no idea. When Charles Barkley laughs and says, if you think Lebron's better than you know, you're kidding me. I'm with Charles, like, I mean seriously anyway. But to think of it is with Jordans. We we saw Jordan on the Gatorade and the weedy boxes and that before we really got to really see him. Because you've got to understand that there wasn't there wasn't Fox Sports back in the day. There wasn't paid, It wasn't like that pay per view, that that sort of thing around in Australia. So you only got drip fed little bits from NBA and NFL, Like the ABC had a show with Don Lane one hour every week show on the NFL highlights. You never got any of the games. You didn't really get NBA games, and so all you had with the highlights occasionally of Jordan slam Donkey and so what you what you were handed was this mythological figure who never missed a basket anything like that. Now, the first time I sat and sat and nactually watched Michael Jordan play. I went, oh fuck, he does.
Speaker 5: Miss you know, you know, it's very much like it's like because he does our social media and stuff like that anymore and these days like it. No, he doesn't have it so like a lot of people like when you're that good and then that will not It's a bit like Pele, like even Soccer. Like I'm not a soccer fan or Mari Donna, but like Pele, I know exactly who Pela is. I know like enough about him to know that, like people what he's done in the game. Jordan's very similar in the fact that like because he was so good, but he doesn't overexpose himself. But that actually adds to the mystery. Whereas a lot of people like that are like goats of their sport over time will lose their relevance because they're not over exposing themselves.
Speaker 1: It's interesting to that Jack and I've spoken to YouTube bokes about this, and the big debate at the moment is MESSI the goat is the greatest of all time. For me, it will always be married Donna.
Speaker 5: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Debate between hang on one set before you get emotional, Oh no, you're good, now get it back in Yeah, you're good.
Speaker 1: Always the debate was Peal versus Mari Donna, And now the debate was is it was it Ronaldo for a bit he's dropped away. Yeah, everyone's saying pretty much, Messi's greatest of all time. Yeah, And the debate is always, like with soccer, people go, Messi is the greatest of all time. For me, Messi is a phenomenon, unbelievable, certainly in the top five at the very loost. But Maradonna was from another planet. You watch Maradona, the things he did. Man, he was from another planet. He was almost he was almost not human. He was so good.
Speaker 2: He's an alien.
Speaker 1: Dad, as Jack says, unicorn, Jack, you've got.
Speaker 3: You come on with a new segment today. Look, we've given you so many segments over the years, but you have been very excited. You've pitched this one to me and let's just see how it goes and explaining to the people.
Speaker 5: Yes, So it's it's basically would you rather segment? But it's just my would you rather segment? Essentially. So I want you I'm going to give you two scenarios or two things, and I want you to compare which is which is better? Is that possible.
Speaker 4: You have to justify it.
Speaker 5: No, Oh, yeah, you can do it.
Speaker 1: I'm going to just pause for one second. Cooper, if you've got what.
Speaker 3: We what we're going to do, let's play. Let's play the game and so people understand what we're talking about. Jack sent me a voice memo when he pitched this segment to me.
Speaker 5: Sound like that. No.
Speaker 2: I had to coach him.
Speaker 3: Basically into how we should explain to the people on here. We're going to play it after the segment because it is so funny on how it's just a great insight into Jack on how we can just over explain and make it.
Speaker 2: It's so confusing, like you just lost.
Speaker 4: You know what, Jack, that's probably my fault.
Speaker 2: You reckoned.
Speaker 5: So today it is, which is the better superpower? Okay, okay, here you okay, So the first one here is now listen carefully, which would you rather every time you hit the pedestrian crossing button? There's no way it instantly goes green and you walk. You can walk or give me, or every time you say the word dollar, you conjure a dollar coin in your hand. Only condition is that it can only happen once a.
Speaker 1: Week, Which is a better superpower, piss poor superpower.
Speaker 5: Which would you rather? You gotta pick one, I'd go that.
Speaker 1: I'd go the dollar because I just find a lot of breaking rules. I do like jaywalk, jaywalking.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I rarely go up to the cross to the man, see to the man. I mean the dollar is kind of useless, like once a.
Speaker 2: Week, so that's what fifty two dollars dollars.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and you can make money off that.
Speaker 3: That's actually a really good you know, I'm with your dad because imagine that is a superpower. You're a magician at a kid's birthday party.
Speaker 1: Boom.
Speaker 5: Yeah, every Saturday at four pm.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dollar boom straight in there. But you know, obviously only once a week, once a week.
Speaker 5: But think about the convenience of the pedestrian cross.
Speaker 4: Yeah, don't go in to the pedestrian crossing.
Speaker 1: Let's get to the meat in the sandwich. You know, let's get to.
Speaker 6: Go no, because like you know, on those big city intersections where there's loads of people, you just walk up and like the pied piper turn walk and everyone follows you.
Speaker 2: It'd be pretty cool because I like that's me.
Speaker 3: I like to do that as a power move, like I'll boom Jack, sem me do this at the lights before your tap tap tap it, but as soon as because I'll look at as soon as he goes red and I know it's about to go green, I'll walk out before anyone else does. And then the green man goes and I'll look back at everyone go.
Speaker 2: What are you waiting for?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Or follow me, guys, And then it looks like everyone has to cross over.
Speaker 1: It absolutely amazes me. Where there's no cars going either way, there's no one there, and people still wait for that.
Speaker 4: Well, some people actually lack a vision.
Speaker 1: The it just costs yourselves twenty seconds. You'll love.
Speaker 4: Things are, Matt. The things are cars turn right, they go around corners.
Speaker 5: You know what.
Speaker 4: Please follow the rule sp that's normal, Matt.
Speaker 2: You've spoken as a woman who doesn't have true vision like a half back does.
Speaker 1: Exactly.
Speaker 2: You know what I mean? Five eighth correct?
Speaker 1: Okay, Okay, Now let's get this is Jack, he said, Dad, can I just play something to you. This is Jack's good idea for a segment. Tell me what you think.
Speaker 4: This is the initial explanation.
Speaker 2: Jack said.
Speaker 3: I said, send it to me in a voice message, because I knew Jack was no hope in hell and typing it and it makes me sense, so it says send it to me as a voice message. This is a forty five second piece of audio Jack trying.
Speaker 2: To explain this.
Speaker 5: Jack. It was just an idea. I had it while I was walking along in the city.
Speaker 4: Don't talk over the audience.
Speaker 1: Okay, let's go.
Speaker 5: So it's a segment, so like I'll start it off like this. The first one is, let's go best of the worst things, and you just going to decide between two things which one is the best. But they're always like really shit. So I was like thinking, the first one, we do the worst sorry, the best of the worst superpowers ever and just have them like a really like pedestrians and like really like like just boring. So I have them like, Okay, you have to decide between is this superpower or is this superpower better where you every time you touch the button at a pedestrian crossing it instantly goes green to walk or something like that, like just make them real stucky.
Speaker 2: What it's like you have seen that kid who's like trying to get the question out. It's like a mean back in the name. He's like you ever you ever get? You ever get?
Speaker 3: And it just it's like a traps you into watching this video for fifty eight seconds and he never gets the question. Now that's like Jack trying to squeeze that segment out.
Speaker 1: I just wrote down something here when you had celebrity run ins, Could I just do this because if I don't do it here, I reckon I'll never do it again.
Speaker 2: If you don't score here, you won't score anyway.
Speaker 1: Now, celebrity encounters people run into. When when we lived in England, myself and my dear friend Brian can'ty we get a Starbucks at Bolton and we go there, we get a frabuccino and then we go watch a movie. We were sitting one day and Brian, now the blue goes, mate, who do you reckon? The best Bolton Wanderers player? So that was the other side we go on. I said, without a doubt the Nigerian player joj A Kotcha. He goes, who do you reckon? Is the worst? I said, Oh, mate, that defender who looks like a troll. Ian Marshall. We're going to fuck mate Ian Marshall. Yep. We go into the movies that we're watching Black Hawk Down and we're having our frappuccinos looking at each other but laughing. I hear this, Hey, were you two fucking dickheads? Just shut up? Turn around? Its Marshall. No way.
Speaker 2: Do you think Brian saw him? Because that's such a Brian thing to bait him into.
Speaker 1: You the beach is talking about marsh Marshall.
Speaker 5: That sounds like a Brian thing to do. He would make you bag him out, knowing that he's right behind.
Speaker 4: You, that.
Speaker 3: We've said this prank that Brian used to do when he Brian used to stay with and he'd go up to people. You'd be sitting out the front of Freshy Chickens chicken shop, and he'd act like a lost tourist, goes straight from and he goes, excuse me, can you please direct? Do you know where Freshy Chickens shop is? Apparently it's awsome and they're like, it's right, he's literally in the store.
Speaker 5: I love when he like a couple old ladies walking along, like walking along the road, and the beach is right there, and he just goes, hello, hello, ladies, how are you a chance that you could direct me to the beat? Is there a beats around here somewhere? And they go you wouldn't believe it. It's right.
Speaker 1: Johnny Thomas, who was the manager of the Newcastle Iemle there when Brian was there, and Johnny was there when I was there. Yeah, tomos in his late sixties for this stage. Anyway, Brian used to rigum throwing some gear, send some gear over any girl. And he responsible at the time, and he said, Hey, Tom, I've got some auditash shoes. You want him? He goes, yeah, mate, So he sent me over these massive pair of high top like basket. Yeah.
Speaker 5: Can I ask? Actually I was just I forgot. I skipped over it with the Michael Jordan thing. But if that happened to you with Simon where he comes over and says, finish this bottle of tequila? Would you take the bottle of tequila empty home or even like even unempty, you don't even finish it, you just take it home. And then you say, this is where Michael Jordan I reckon? I reckon?
Speaker 2: I probably would. I think I think I would. Well, it's like drink. It's his DNA.
Speaker 4: It was an orange color. Actually was trying to work out the brand.
Speaker 1: He did say that bottle A story about that, Yeah, it's a story it's a conversation study.
Speaker 3: It is sometimes it's it's just as simple as you know, where you write words in your notes just to remind yourself of what happened during the week.
Speaker 4: His favorite famous person you've seen. I've seen some, but I don't know. Yeah, I feel like I didn't haven't spoken to them though. My famous ones from Liam Gallagher two weeks ago.
Speaker 1: Saw Donald Trump from from a little bit of a distance.
Speaker 2: That's pretty famous. The I love Jack's Jack's you know interaction with will I Am.
Speaker 4: Yeah, will I Am. We may him have a photo.
Speaker 2: We didn't the picture of Jack like he wasn't even smiling. He didn't want to be in the photo for some reason.
Speaker 1: I don't know why.
Speaker 3: Will I Am is awesome black eye peas and you guys are like, go and Jack get a photo with him. He's like okay, And will I Am was more excited to get the photo than Jack Wallis.
Speaker 5: I didn't even I didn't, I had no interest, had zero interest.
Speaker 4: One of the Madam brothers.
Speaker 2: Both of them, and.
Speaker 1: At the Star Star and he's Nicole Richie.
Speaker 5: She was very very.
Speaker 3: I sat next to this look not on the same level here, but I sat next to Steve Price once, the former rugby league player played for the Bulldogs and played for the Warriors. Now no, not Steve Price on the project or Steve Price the coach, But isn't it? And very common trush, very great observation.
Speaker 2: We're sitting there.
Speaker 3: I think it was me and it might have been me and Tino. We're playing for the Falcons and we're on the way. Oh no, or maybe someone else. Anyway, didn't matter who it was. We're sitting there and he was given it was definitely a forward. Next year, he was giving him tips like, oh, I watched a game yesterday and I'm sitting there and he'd had a facial hair Steve Price and we're sitting in the exit right and I'm going, Jesus, Blake knows his rugby league. He's like helping, giving us a lot of tips here watching our game. I thought he was just a fan of Lee.
Speaker 1: Mate.
Speaker 2: We get to the the end of the.
Speaker 3: Flight and I'm staring at him and I go Steve Price and he goes, oh yeah, And I said, oh, well, I had no idea who the hell you were. That whole conversation. I was about to say, mate, can you stop giving us body footy tips.
Speaker 1: Well, it was on the plane. We did the same thing. I'll get the headphones on and I'm talking like this with full blasts and I look over Britney Spears. I say, Trish, it wasn't Britney.
Speaker 2: Wow, jeezus, you've managed to shot you ruined his story?
Speaker 1: Ed, who was its?
Speaker 4: Can I ask you, Jessica Simpson?
Speaker 1: Yes?
Speaker 2: Can I ask there?
Speaker 5: Right?
Speaker 2: Dad was getting into the punch out of your story.
Speaker 1: Why did you go through your head?
Speaker 4: Why did you just wasn't listening. I was looking at my footy tips and then I called in and I was like.
Speaker 2: Knowing that you got it wrong, But he was for the sake of story. I think he was hyping up for the people.
Speaker 5: Yeah, Trish with a spoon, and I did.
Speaker 1: I said, it's Britney Spears and then she's it was as they that went back to Jessica Simpson, right, so that was put jokes. It was yeah, she jumped one.
Speaker 5: You wish cameras.
Speaker 2: Let's do our tips.
Speaker 4: Go, this is your part now before tips, I just want to talk about this. July. You can go and get a Steels charity.
Speaker 6: Chicken and thirty cents from every chicken that you purchase goes towards Australian children's charities. So great cause tastes good, does good. So and bring your family together, especially this winter time. We love a lovely Sunday roast, don't we do.
Speaker 4: Get some chill, get some enganment, woolies.
Speaker 6: And independent stores. Okay, I guess who's leading the big competition.
Speaker 5: I have got a bit of researching. I was right behind everyone for eight.
Speaker 4: It's okay, I'm on eighty.
Speaker 6: Clever you're on seventy nine, and Matt and Jack you're equal third on seventy eight.
Speaker 4: That's how place we are out.
Speaker 2: So very very very no Ray Warren.
Speaker 1: A phone blocking. I'm on and on.
Speaker 4: Okay, Tigers, the Warriors.
Speaker 5: Yeah, these the wars are on. I mean credit to them, like they've had the second most injuries so far this season and they're sitting at second.
Speaker 1: So just still trying to get my head around Rams coming from India.
Speaker 2: I'll go the worse j I'm actually going to go. I think a little upset here. Okay, Tigers have been poor. I'm going to go to Tigers.
Speaker 4: Okay, Lovely Dolphins and the Sharks. This is a tough one.
Speaker 1: Yeah, no Kata of course, with injury and a number of players backing up from origin for the Dolphins. I see Sharks upset, so do I.
Speaker 5: Yeah, and then they're on the same points. I'm going yeah, I'll go Sharkies as well, backing up for original they got a few in.
Speaker 2: I'm going another upset Sharkies. It might be a round of upsets. Okay, hold of Actually you.
Speaker 5: Know what, I'm going opposite the Cooper. I'm going to go Dolphins and he can't.
Speaker 4: Do that, Yes he can.
Speaker 1: He went so certain one way.
Speaker 4: And then switch Dogs and the Raiders. I'm going to Puppies.
Speaker 1: This is a massive game for the Dogs. Raiders. Mate, I'm going to go Raiders. Raiders. Raiders are good football, so I don't know what is why they were were there.
Speaker 5: I'm going out to the game this week actually too. I'm going to go watch a few of the boys, Starlos one hundred and fiftieth game, fifteth star and I think Starlo has got form on his milestone game, so I'm going to give him the win.
Speaker 3: If you haven't listened to our podcast with Tommy Staling, go back and listen. It is a great listen and we prank call Adam Ellie as Glenn Jones, Brodie Jones's dad and we wish him happy birthday even though he was in his birthday.
Speaker 2: It is rioveting stuff.
Speaker 1: Shout out to the five foot two terrible lad.
Speaker 2: Yeah for quick, I'm going to go. I'm going to go the Doggies.
Speaker 4: Okay, Roosters and the Eels. I think I'm going to get the Eels.
Speaker 1: Go and do it is.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'm going to go Roosters.
Speaker 2: Yea, I'm going to go.
Speaker 5: In fairness rolls. It can get them up for a game. But unfortunately for this week. They did that game last week played.
Speaker 2: Very well well.
Speaker 1: I have faith a really big game this one South versus the Knights and Joe Row's birthday, the biggest biggest birthday celebration out there, and it's perfect time we come up against the Newcastle Knights. As I said the Sunday Nights Schapi, the Newcastle Knights and the South in the ravedos, the region of Newcastle and the South Club, it just got great affiliation together players. When when Sous would come trying to get back into the competitions, Newcastle Knights just got so far behind him. So I used to be a big, big crowd from Newcastle there, Jack.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I used I used to do the when I was working at I'll do my industry training in Newcastle, I was playing twenties. I look, I look at the ticketing and every year the South Knights game was the biggest game of the year in terms of ticketing for the Newcastle Knights.
Speaker 2: So you tip and then Jack, I'm going to go.
Speaker 5: I'm only going to I'm going on. So I just think that I just think this year that Jacob Sophee, he's been just so unbelievable for the Knights, and he's been there other than that Origin game, he's been that good for him to have him out now and Trey Mooney's got a question mark over him. I think it's going to be a pretty hard, hard for battle.
Speaker 1: I'm going to get I'm going to go Knights, no Curdie Walker, no Latrial.
Speaker 4: Yeah, I'm gone Nights.
Speaker 2: I'm going to go the Mighty nineties as.
Speaker 4: Well, Monday nineties mainly and the Cowboys.
Speaker 2: That is a tough one, it actually is.
Speaker 4: Do you think so Flos is kind of cranky? And he said that I saw in an interview he said they haven't been playing well the last few weeks, not that I've watched in.
Speaker 2: Games they win, loss, win, loss. I think they they lost in its eels last week back at home.
Speaker 3: I'm going to go manly, although i know the Cowboys boys hated it when we tip against him, but I'm going to go manly.
Speaker 4: We're going to get some hate going manly too.
Speaker 5: Yeah, I'll go Manley as well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, sweet dad, Matt said manly.
Speaker 4: Okay, And obviously I'm a Titan in the Storm Titans.
Speaker 2: Games, this is hard for me. I'll go last.
Speaker 6: Okay, Matt John's, you're Titan Titans, JJ, You're Titans.
Speaker 5: Of course you.
Speaker 6: Are.
Speaker 4: And yet Cooper John's has needs time to storm.
Speaker 3: But I'm I'm an old boy, so I'm allowed. Whenever Titans come up against one of my old teams. I'm gonna that my loyalty can can waver.
Speaker 1: Okay, you imagine personally, it's.
Speaker 4: An what is it exactly? It is a lemon. It's a real lemon. Look at the color of it.
Speaker 1: It's so real it looks fake.
Speaker 4: But yeah, actually, people, a lovely friend of mine brought some lemons over.
Speaker 6: Of course, was unveil and I've squeezed some lemons and put some Harney and I'm not ordering for him.
Speaker 4: And but how beautiful is it?
Speaker 2: That is beautiful?
Speaker 4: That is beautiful.
Speaker 2: It looks it does it looks so beautiful.
Speaker 3: It literally looks faked North like a North Korean supermarkets.
Speaker 5: So for listeners, I've never seen a lemon before.
Speaker 4: Real lemon.
Speaker 5: Yeah, just a lemon. Go down to Woolies and just to.
Speaker 4: Have a look at this, because this is a real lemon. In fact, I'm going to post.
Speaker 6: It and guess what baby had his first day at Puppy Briskoo today.
Speaker 2: We should have done that from the start. You've really missed you.
Speaker 1: I finished with magic impersonation. Friends, Wait what image in person?
Speaker 2: Michael?
Speaker 1: I don't imagine when you asked magic, question, I'll ask you a question, Press, do a longer winded question. MAT's like Mage's playing really good football.
Speaker 2: I know, how did it along?
Speaker 1: When?
Speaker 2: Should have asked Jack?
Speaker 1: When you say something that Madge agrees with, he.
Speaker 3: Does this, Okay, Madge. Given the team at the moment, you know they haven't been playing very well. A lot of players go into rep duties, a lot of individuals out of form, and how do you see sort of the back end of the year for the Broncos and how you adjusting to that pressure.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he does do that.
Speaker 2: He actually does do that very well.
Speaker 4: Have a great weekend.