Speaker 1: Well, hello, my friends, thank you for joining us on this Body in cub podcast, Got Healthy Ish? I hope you are feeling healthy ish. Oh, so many sick people going around right now. I am your host, Felicity Harley, and joining me in the hot seat today is of course, our excellent producer, Tabby Wilson, and we are chatting through the three hottest topics in the health and wellness world this week.
Speaker 2: Hi Tabby, Hello, welcome back to me for.
Speaker 1: How are you? Yes, nice to have you back on And how are you feeling? I mean, I feel like everyone has been sick, so that's probably a silly question I should ask you are you feeling well?
Speaker 2: I actually am feeling well. I've been dodging the flu. Everyone around me seems to have the flu. But I got my flea shot this year and I'm feeling very confident in it. So so far, cross fingers, touch words, I am flu free?
Speaker 1: Well, me too, touch what. Actually, I'm consuming as much vitamin C as I can get my hands on everything from strawberries I think keyway through oranges. Strawberries are really strawberries seem to be so delicious, Prime buy. Okay, Well, carrying on with that, winter trend. I have to talk to you this week about yet another trend on TikTok. Now, this one, I have to point out that the creators on TikTok are claiming it's theirs, but I swear I heard this many many years ago. It is, in fact cozy cardio. Have you heard of this term before?
Speaker 2: No, I haven't, but I already love it exactly well.
Speaker 1: It has had over a million views on TikTok and it's basically inviting everyone to put on their coziest pajamas, wrap their feet in the fuzziest socks, and get moving. Now, this term apparently comes from a creator by the name of Hope Zucker Brown. Now I'm sorry to be cynical, but I swear I wrote about this in My Women's Health Days. But Hope has claimed the term as hers. So what she does is she rises at five point fifteen am daily and then she kickstarts her morning with a protein rich iced coffee. She lights her favorite cozy comfort centered three week candle, cues up a heartwarming wrong coom, and hits her walking pad, which I assume is a treadmillk which she's from the US. So yeah, and this basically is her cozy cardio. So she's all rugged up or cozy early in the morning and she's walking inside. Interesting.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I mean it seems such a simple hack, although a tiny part of me is like, couldn't you walk outside? I know it's a little chillier, but I personally love being all ruked up and doing a crisp morning walk.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I do too well. She has said that she has consistently done this five days a week for the past five months, and she's actually gone from a size sixteen to a size twelve, so it's been rate for her. She's burnt killer jewels, she's embracing a low impact workout, it's in sync with the season, and she's also relaxed watching her favorite rom com. So I'm with you. I'd prefer to take it outside rather than you know, on a treadmill or you can jump on a stationary bike a step or or you can even get our skipping rope if you want. But I'm with you outside. But I think the key here for Hope is that she's done it consistently and we know that I'm belted into cardio exactly, and that's gonna you know, you're gonna benefit most from consistency.
Speaker 2: One hundred percent. And I think it comes back to something that Flyssier and I have talked about so much, which is walking every day. It makes such a difference to your health. Like it's the one thing that our expat's unhealthier to come back to all the time, like go for those ten thousand steps a day, which sounds like she's doing with her cozy cardio exactly.
Speaker 1: Anyway, I like the term, and I mean I can't imagine though, like piling on all the pajamas and on the bike. I don't think downstairs in my house and then watching your rom com. I'd be like stripping off. I'm getting so hot.
Speaker 2: The thing that threw me the most probably is the fuzzy socks, Like I can't imagine anything worse than really fuzzy socks. I don't know what it is like working out that. I think that's the only thing is it wouldn't put me in the mindset of working out. I would be like, ooh, look at the sofa.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know, just sports socks exactly. Anyway, Tabby, what's picked your interest this week?
Speaker 2: The story that kind of piqued my interest this week? Is going boy sober. I just love the phrase to start with. But Bonny and solrote a really great piece on this, and it's all about the idea of a dry July but in your romantic life, which I think lots of people have done throughout their life. But I love like you're saying, I love a new term for it. So the set of rules for going boys so it is no dating apps, no hookups, no boys, no dates, and no excees. And the trend obviously is gaining traction where TikTok, of course. And the idea is that when you go boy sober, or when you're kind of dating yourself is another way to put it, you kind of find out more about yourself, You learn what you like, what you don't like, and you learn to spend time with yourself, which I think is an important thing for everyone to try and do if and when you have the time. But I just thought it.
Speaker 1: Was, can you a husband, can you go husband sober?
Speaker 3: Like?
Speaker 1: Can you tell your husband we long term partner, just stay away from me.
Speaker 3: To stay in a bit?
Speaker 2: Maybe you can just go on like a little retreat to Bali and lose your phone while you're there.
Speaker 1: I would much rather that. I'm sure if I mentioned that to tell me, be like, what, No, I don't like this, do you think?
Speaker 2: I think obviously this idea has been around for a really long time that when you take time off from dating you can kind of learn who you are. But a big part of going boys over in today's sort of digital age is also having the digital detox from dating, not having to go on these datings apps and you know, swipe for ages start like ten plus conversations at a time, all those conversations that you're having digitally. I actually think that's a huge part of this trend as well, is giving yourself sort of a digital break from what really is the work of dating. Like if you are seriously like looking for a romantic partner, there's a lot of sort of digital I guess admin that comes with it nowadays.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, okay, no, I'm in for Bali. Just go to Balie. Let's go Bali especially right now. Yeah, in fact, we should do this podcasts from Bali.
Speaker 3: I love that idea.
Speaker 2: I think that's something we should pick healthier from.
Speaker 1: Okay, this says and listeners can come with us, come with us.
Speaker 3: We do Healthyishi in Ballei a week of Healthyishi in Ballei. He love that, Okay, just quickly before we go, I just wanted to give a quick rundown of well, the most interesting story I saw on Body and Soul this week. Now, I don't know about you, but oh man, I need to pee a lot more during winter, especially at night. So when I saw these pop up, I thought, why is this happening?
Speaker 1: So basically, our increasing bladder activity is likely caused by a combination of weather and lifestyle factors. So when you drink, you might be drinking the same amount of tea, water, coffee, et cetera, et cetera as you do in summer. But in summer we're actually losing more water in sweat from our body. We're not sweating, it's not hot, we're not breathing as out as much more so we're actually retaining more water, more fluid in our body, which is why we have to pee more.
Speaker 3: Simple.
Speaker 1: That is so interesting, so interesting, and so yeah, sometimes I get cranky because I'm like, oh my gosh, is this the third time out during the night on the toilet? I must stop drinking water so late. But I'm actually it's just because my Body's retaining it.
Speaker 3: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 1: It's always good to know the why exactly. Anyway, Tabby, thanks for joining us and I'll see you next week in Bali. I'll see you next week in Bali. Bye once again. If you want to read anything about the above topics, I will lead links to those stories in the show notes. Make sure you're listening to our big sister podcast, Extra Healthy is also from Body and Soul. We've designed that one to give you that little bit extra in your day. If you mind it Body and Soul jump online bodyansoul dot com dot If you want more info, remember we are also across social media. Grab our print edition, which is out in your local Sunday paper. And of course you can review, rate this episode, or subscribe to this podcast. And now we're in the depths of winter. Stay healthy ish, my friends,