Speaker 1: Chase and Lauren on Over one hundred.
Speaker 2: Should we take a look back at what's unfolded over the last couple of months.
Speaker 3: We a lot is unfolded.
Speaker 2: Very proudly have a new home here at Nova one hundred.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and I'm so pumped not just to be here at nover, but that we've got the band back together. Clinton, I don't know where you've been hiding, but I've been around.
Speaker 2: I've been around, Lauren. If you've got to charge his phone.
Speaker 3: It took a bit of arm twisting, but we gotcha.
Speaker 2: There was no way we weren't going to all do this unless we're all in. Yeah, you know what I mean. It was it was all in or not. What just feels right?
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think after after a pretty testing few months for all of us, this is a really happy ending but also really happy beginning for a new start for us.
Speaker 2: For people that have come over to Nova from where we used to work, thank you and welcome. For people who.
Speaker 3: I'm sorry that we don't really know how to use anything here does. It's a bit like we're on work experience.
Speaker 2: So it's very much like where we used to be. Basically, for people who are normal and over listeners and if you aren't aware of what's happened is we used to do a breakfast show on another radio station and last year we got the boot because they were bringing in Kyle and Jackie O from Sydney and we're going a network of show in yep. And it sucked, to be honest. We'd worked together for a couple of years. We were having so much fun. The show was, you know, really starting to gain some momentum. The team was amazing, and then we just had the rug pulled out from under us.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we felt like we we I mean, there's no nice way to put the fact that we got fired, but we felt like we felt like we were just getting started at that moment when I think when the rumors started swirling that maybe there was going to be a changing of the guard over there, and we were like, no.
Speaker 1: Surely not.
Speaker 2: And also, you know what, we're not naive this industry. It's the entertainment industry. You know, people lose their gigs all the time.
Speaker 3: It was unsettling, right, I think because we weren't spoke into about it. It was like well being spoken about, but none spoken to about it. So we were all a bit like, no, Well, really, my issue.
Speaker 2: Was not that it was happening, it was how it was handled, and not just for us, but everyone that worked on the show, everyone that worked at that station. And I think the real sting was that we're being replaced by a show that working from Sydney.
Speaker 1: So I want to get your opinion on this because Laura and I are fairly new to this caper, right to this radio caper. We've been in the industry for a long time in station. Now, well that's a sign of experience, huh. But how did it impact you, Jays, because you've you've been here, done that for many years.
Speaker 2: It was pretty personal for me on a number of scales. I had good friends that were working behind the scenes in my management. I knew people at the old radio station who were quite high up. And yes, it was it was. It was pretty personal and that cuts and it's yeah it did. It was a really shit feeling last year. Yeah, it really was.
Speaker 3: I think I think I saw you in those last few weeks change your your spirit changed.
Speaker 2: It wasn't anger, no, it was just I was I was just bloody gutted. Again, I'm not knowingive that's the industry you know, people lose their gigs and move on and stuff, but it was just do you know.
Speaker 3: What, it was more personal for you than I think. Clinton and I were just looking at each other like, yeah, we're just on this crazy role.
Speaker 1: That's where Jace went into protection mode and he and credit to you, mate, because you really looked out for Lauren and I are given we'd never experienced anything like this ever before. And I guess thank you for that, Jason, because it was a really really sort of beautiful time and it sort of helped us get where we are right now.
Speaker 3: Yeah. Yeah, you held our hand through a lot of that when we were like, I mean, we we come from a TV background where we've heard TV was brutal, but brutal.
Speaker 2: In three would always joke those swipe cards wouldn't work. They didn't, but it was.
Speaker 3: It was tough for all of us. I think you've got your dad of three with kids that you're trying to work out what school they're going to, trying to work out you know, your family is in Brisbane where you were going.
Speaker 2: To live, but it wasn't. And this was what I've said.
Speaker 3: Clinton just bought his first home, like he just paid a deposit on his first house two weeks before we lost our jobs.
Speaker 2: But it wasn't and you just bought the latest Louis, that's not funny. But it wasn't just us. It was team members had just sign rental agreements, you know, you know, upgraded cars and stuff. It was a really hard time. But at the same time, I've got to say the support that we have felt since we got shafted has been overwhelming and just overwhelming. Everyone has been so bloody nice in this city. I've had random people coming up to us at the shops. Yeah, a lady the other day grabbed me and bent. It was like I was dying and she goes, good luck, you know for Friday. We're all rooting for you.
Speaker 3: So nice.
Speaker 1: Can I say, though, that is Melbourne at its best. Yeah, that's what Melbourne has always done really well. And having lived here all my life, like you, Luren, that screams this great city right.
Speaker 3: Yeah, And I think to us, this is a job. We lost our jobs, but for the first time I realized how many people lost their routine in the morning as well in this city that listens to us. And we're so grateful for those listeners who showed us support in a time where we felt like I think we all probably hit bottom for a couple of days there, where we didn't know what we were going to do with our lives, where we're going to be, would we have jobs next year, we'll be able to pay our mortgage, which, by the way, we're not the first and we won't be the last people to experience that, not in this industry. But there's a lot of people who have ridden that wave of losing their jobs recently in the current climate, and I think the power of having people to support you and to remind you that just keep pushing, just keep going, you'll get there was really boring for all of us. And so for those listeners who have come over to NOVA to listen to us now, we're so thankful. We're so grateful, And for the audience at NOV who are already no the listeners, we're really grateful that you're still listening this morning too, and hopefully you stick with us for a while, because I'm really excited by this.
Speaker 1: I've got a real appreciation for this now, which I don't think I had going back a few months ago. Yeah, and I've always valued and loved the listener obviously, But now I value and love the job so much more.
Speaker 2: It's great. This is the best job in the world. And the fact that we get to do it with mates, you know, Like, remember, that's what I was saying to you guys at the end of last year. And that's what hurts so much, is because I've been doing this industry for twenty seven years, and I'd always say to you lost, like, it is so rare to get a show where the hosts are absolute great mates and have each other's back is just so rare, and we have that, and that's why it so much at the end of last year. But to be able to go into this year, Aga and we're going a new home. Yeah, here we go. We're not going anywhere. I said to the management here old I on this station. I hate moving no more.
Speaker 3: I'm not great with changed either, to be honest, So hopefully they stick with us for a while.
Speaker 1: I was so scared to walk into you this morning. It feels like a kid at primary school, Lauren. How long until you're here? And then you were running late and I'm like, jays, where are you walk.
Speaker 3: Me inating problems? This to be there, I wasn't running late. I got stuck in the car park because my car is too high for the car park here. I hate the roof and I've just left the car.
Speaker 1: Then.
Speaker 2: Do you know what?
Speaker 1: It's a distinct lack of masking tape in this studio.
Speaker 3: Really, studio is lovely, isn't it.
Speaker 2: How's this right over over the time when when over rang and you know that you want to play it cool? I was going through the GYG drive through what's and I through.
Speaker 3: They do I've never seen a drive through because it's not a drive through near me.
Speaker 2: No in the verbs, and I had over management on the phone. I'm like, oh well, let me think about it. And I hung up and I came up to the window and the lady goes, bloody, hell, I miss you Lauren and Clint. You should come work here. No, no, no disrespect the people g YG. When I got off at a job manning the drive through, I picked up that phone and rang over back very quickly and said we are in.
Speaker 3: They wouldn't have you on drive through you'd eat more than yourself. It was fired straight away.
Speaker 2: I think they were thinking me with the radio voice using the speaker, Oh that's very strong.
Speaker 1: They please drive through a good Stuff discount.
Speaker 2: There as well.
Speaker 3: Do they where did you work?
Speaker 2: You should rethink it. Maybe I shouldn't have called an overback.