Speaker 1: Apod Shape Production. Welcome back to another episode about I a Bad Mom Podcast. That's the question we constantly.
Speaker 2: Ask, am I a bad mom?
Speaker 1: More?
Speaker 2: Am I am? I? Should I have done it a little bit differently?
Speaker 1: Well, they say that kids all they need.
Speaker 3: Is love, love, and behundaries, of course, always boundaries.
Speaker 1: I mean we may forget a packed lunch every now and.
Speaker 2: There, or a Touch Shop order.
Speaker 3: Now that we're back at school, I can definitely fuck up a tuck Shop order.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you know that whole like.
Speaker 3: Yep, no, I'm pretty sure I did it, But don't go and check because you think in that part of your brain you're like, no, I'm pretty sure I did it.
Speaker 1: At the girls' school, they are able to go and get alone, which really annoys me because it's not them they have to pay it back. It's me.
Speaker 3: I was just going to say, a loan or at the Touch shop. Yeah, oh, so they can just go and get whatever they want.
Speaker 1: They can get a Touch Shop loan if they don't have any money on them. Yeah, but there's a rule. It has to be something that's actually substantial food. They're not allowed to get a Touch Shop loan and get drinks or like fizzy drinks or chocolate or chips or anything.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's like a genuine piece, like actual lunch. Yeah right, Okay, that's a great system.
Speaker 1: It's great until then you get an email saying just to let you know you DOCT loans and you owe this amount of money. You're like what, I was like, stop let it. Honestly I was going to email back once I was going to go. Doesn't matter if they've forgotten lunch, don't let them have anything.
Speaker 3: You should be emailing that and saying no. Look, the system in our house is that they pack their own lunches, and so when they don't have their own lunch, it's their owns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, because that's the problem. So they do do their own lunch boxes now. But there's definitely been moments where I've gone, you're not gonna have enough time to do your lunch, and they'll go, oh, it's all right, I just want to and I'm like no, because then you're going to go and get alone, and then I'm going to be paying for it. Don't let my kids eat.
Speaker 2: Full stop? No more.
Speaker 1: Am I about a mom for saying no to personal loans?
Speaker 2: Personal lines?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: How much I am asking for.
Speaker 1: Well, this is the thing. So I've started this now, and even in the back of my head, I'm going, you wanted something for so long and now it's happened, just be happy with it instead of constantly wanting more from them. So I was banging on and on and on about them getting a job.
Speaker 2: So absolutely, yes, they've both got jobs. Wonderful, even better.
Speaker 1: Yeah, part time casual jobs, which is great. Amelia has had like five shifts now, Holly's waiting for her first shift. And and what I'm finding with Amelia is so she has stuff that she wants to buy. Concert tickets is the first thing, and then she wants to start saving towards a car. And so I'm like, great, you know, as a general rule, maybe save half, spend half her first pay. She was so excited. She's like, I've been paid, Like she just like when that hit the bank account. Yeah, And she even said to me, She's like, I just feel so good that it's I've actually earned it and it's not from you. And I was like, oh God, I've been wanting to hear that for so long and for you to understand that feeling. But what's happening now is she's got a taste of knowing that she can spend money, but she's not wanting to wait for payday, so she's hitting us up to pay for things in events and then she'll pay us back on payday. And I'm like, it's not gonna work like that. So she'll go, oh, I want to get this, and I go, you don't have any money.
Speaker 2: I do.
Speaker 1: I do because I've got this coming. I'm owned. This is so many shifts I've done. This is what's coming. I went, yeah, but you don't have it yet, and she's like, yes, but I do have it.
Speaker 2: I do have it.
Speaker 1: I've earned it.
Speaker 3: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I was like, where is it? Then, well, it's coming. I'm like, yeah, but I can't go to Woollies and do a shop, get to the checkout and go, you're right if I pay for this next Wednesday when I get paid, I'll just take it now. But it's coming, like I've got the money. It doesn't work like that.
Speaker 2: It does not work like that.
Speaker 1: So I said, no more personal loans. And now there's a concert that's been announced, and as we know, it's bloody hard work to get tickets for a concert. End up on that bloody ticket. I hate them, and you literally have to sit on there all day.
Speaker 2: In a queue.
Speaker 3: Then it doesn't start until five pm or something like that, So you've sat all day.
Speaker 1: And then it gives you a certain amount of time once you're through, and then it's telling you how many minutes you've got left, and then it's going to kick you out. Where's the customer service in that? So bad?
Speaker 2: I'm paying money here, I have.
Speaker 1: Lots of money. Treat you like shit?
Speaker 3: Those tickets, Yeah, they don't have to worry about it.
Speaker 1: So anyway, there's a kind of a sense of urgency if there's tickets that you really want for a specific artist, because you have to jump on and get in there and you're going to miss out. And so now I'm in that situation. So now she's begging us please, I'm like, but you don't have any money.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but I do, But you don't. No, No you don't. Did you pay for them? No?
Speaker 1: I've said, no more personal loans. Oh so you didn't get the ticket, no more personals.
Speaker 3: Well that's a great lesson because you're like, you did say to a save half spand half. The part is if she had a little bit of savings, then leant on it exactly.
Speaker 1: If you had some savings there, then you've got the money there ready for those occasions like this.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I'm sure the artists will come back, or maybe she'd just try and get some more. She'll probably get the tickets second hand off hopefully some of the other places that don't rip you off.
Speaker 1: They're expensive too. Concert's a good.
Speaker 2: Personal loan, so you reckon that.
Speaker 3: I mean, just knowing your daughters, knowing what their plan was. I think we had dinner maybe end of last year or the start of this year. We had a dinner together with your girls and you know my girls, and I was talking to your girls about like, oh, so you.
Speaker 2: Know, Mum was telling me about getting a.
Speaker 3: Job so that you know, you'll put in an X amount of money and then that way mom and dad match it.
Speaker 2: And like we've spoken openly on the podcast about that. How they going with that?
Speaker 3: Yeah, nothing, it's going to ask you for a personal loan to match your half of the loan.
Speaker 1: So far, Amelia has had a couple of paydays, I think two or three paydays so far. Yeah, and it's all spent all right.
Speaker 2: Well, that car saving is going great guns.
Speaker 1: Yeah, great for me, great for you might have to match nothing.
Speaker 2: Until the day comes where they asked to borrow your car. Borrow your car.
Speaker 3: They are going to definitely ask to borrow your car because it's a bit smaller than dads, so then it's a little bit more attractive because when you're first learning to drive, you don't want to be in a really big car, you know, so yours is perf Like they're going to be like, mum, I'm just going to woolies in your car.
Speaker 1: Literally. It was only the other day was the first time I thought about them wanting to borrow my car, because the whole time I felt like, you don't have any money to buy a car yet, so you're not going to have a car, so you're still going to be getting public trans for And I got them a go card the other day and I was like, there you go, train, tap away, fast tap away, fifty cent rides. Yeah, how good is that?
Speaker 3: So good it is it's probably the only good thing that's come out of it for a long time.
Speaker 2: But fifty cents is great.
Speaker 1: How long is that going to go?
Speaker 2: It was only three months though, okay, But.
Speaker 1: Then being able to say can I borrow your car. And if it's a case where I'm just at home and I'm not going anywhere, yeah, you've got no excuse. No, it's kind of hard to say no. I need it to it in the garage, my car, and then they're going to get a taste of a car that's way better than the first car they're going to get. Whit I wait until I'm forty one for.
Speaker 2: Yeah, exactly. So the answer is just specifically no, good luck.
Speaker 1: I've heard so many stories of people and they're like, get the phone call, who, Sorry, I've crushed your car into a fence.
Speaker 3: Please make sure I'm there with you on that day. I can't wait to film your reaction. Oh my god, I'm laughing because I've got all of this ahead of me. Yeah, all of it ahead of me.
Speaker 2: And I know exactly what type of drivers my kids are going to be. I know exactly what I'm been for mine.
Speaker 1: I've already talked about the music system they want to have, and like how loud are they going to have? What playlist they're going to have playing? And I'm like, mate, you need to concentrate.
Speaker 2: On the road, Katie.
Speaker 3: But I was thinking about it with this stuff is when we were doing it. That was one of the things that was on my pre you know, requisite list of my first car.
Speaker 2: Yes, the car cost four.
Speaker 3: Thousand dollars, but it did have a twenty six Stucker CD thing and it with a subwifer. Obviously every dollar out of the four thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Was for the radio system.
Speaker 3: And I mean, these kids just won't ever learn because they don't know how hard we had it where we had to like stuck in twenty six CDs so that you could be able to shuffle songs between your CDs, and you know, like all you'd be driving and your knees are up around the steering wheel and trying to flip through your CD case to find the next CD.
Speaker 2: Maybe give it a bit of a clean before you pop it in the machine. They just don't get.
Speaker 1: It skip when you go over a bump. My first car, it was one thousand dollars. It's five hundred pounds in England. It was a Nisam Micra wind up windows, brown seat belt am Radar. I had a whole thing put in as well, speakers in the back. But yeah, yeah, then you got to put your CDs in or your cassettes had a cassette player.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I think there was no. No, I didn't.
Speaker 1: Pressing a button and saying, hey, Siri, play my Spotify playlist.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 3: But here we are worrying about them having to like just concentrate on the road we're doing. We're fucking concentrating on seventy five things, not just one.
Speaker 2: Don't worry about the phone.
Speaker 3: We were doing a lot more than that, and changing gears manually.
Speaker 1: I bought it second hand off the guy next door who was going blind.
Speaker 2: It only had a few dents.