Speaker 1: We are the Matilda is the greatest team of Oh but we are the Matilda as we're always.
Speaker 2: On the ball.
Speaker 3: That's not the soccer song, isn't it? It's coming? Oh moods glob Isn't it that something? I don't think that's it either, is it it is?
Speaker 1: I mean memorable bits from Matilda's in particular this bit of commentary from the win against Islands.
Speaker 4: Certainly motherhood has not blunted her competitive instincts, that's for sure. She is one fighter for Australia.
Speaker 2: That's that's it with your mums.
Speaker 5: Yeah yeah, because mums are weak and pathetic and we're all like jelly are we and we're all emotional and irrational.
Speaker 3: Shut up, David Beer.
Speaker 1: If you want an even more explosive rant, keep listening to this podcast right now.
Speaker 6: And some's the majority of the eighty thousand plus inside Stadia in Australia.
Speaker 2: Interlat Well done to the Matilda's.
Speaker 5: That yeah, so the match last night, very disappointed. Sam Kirk didn't line up. Not as disappointed as Sam. Obviously she was kind of in tears before the match. Didn't see that one coming. There wasn't any speculation that she was remotely injured.
Speaker 1: It's just a big old secret between Sam Kerr and her calf. Laugh was very tight. Lift my calf was sending her calf texts, got nothing.
Speaker 5: Back, You've got magnificent carves, ef, you get my number. Anyway, Sam Kurkr didn't play, not going to play the next match either, so we'll see how that unfolds. But I was watching the game, obviously the Matilda score, and the commentator his name is David Bashir, was covering the game, and honestly I nearly snorted my tea when he said this.
Speaker 4: Certainly motherhood has not blunted her competitive instincts.
Speaker 7: That's for sure.
Speaker 4: She is one fighter for Australia.
Speaker 2: David David read the room, my son.
Speaker 3: Oh my goodness.
Speaker 5: And I just thought, because I was watching the game, thinking these girls are fierce like they it was almost there was almost a bit of push and shaff like. It was intense. These girls are so tough. Why on Earth would giving birth to a child make you softer? If anything, it makes you stronger. And this bloke has never never clearly met a mum, because mums are the most fiercely protective species on the planet, especially when it comes to their kids.
Speaker 3: So if anything, it.
Speaker 5: Makes you even more fierce and even more competitive.
Speaker 3: Andrew made my point.
Speaker 1: I think you've absolutely made up. But can I just say this my Can I just say I mean childbirth? How bad?
Speaker 2: Could have been.
Speaker 5: A couple of comments on Twitter, and one person said he demanded that he'd be taking off air for the rest of the torn She said, dear lord, I thought we were past this kind of ridiculous narrative from male commentators.
Speaker 3: Do better. So like he copped it on Twitter, like everyone fired up rightly.
Speaker 1: So though, yeah, I'm sure he's not out to try and make a big point.
Speaker 2: He's just said something quite stupid.
Speaker 3: Yeah, dumb. Yeah, it was just dumb.
Speaker 2: I don't think I think that's a bloke thing more than me.
Speaker 3: No, no, no, it's an Andrew.
Speaker 2: We got room for one, David.
Speaker 5: Hey, what we like to do during the week is just recap on what's happened. Do you need to do something before we go to the diary before just give me that look? You just gave me the side.
Speaker 1: Eye A little shouts a very good friend of mine. The guys, what if don't you dare forget them? What if it is as for travel as you were.
Speaker 3: Now, we just like to sit down.
Speaker 5: I like to sit down with my diary and a pen and just drop down a few thoughts about things that have transferred during the week, and just it's quite cathartic.
Speaker 3: It's quite healing for me.
Speaker 5: It helps me get everything out and it's fun to whack you senseless.
Speaker 2: That's what it is, isn't it.
Speaker 1: He's having so much money by doing this instead of going to a therapist.
Speaker 2: That's what we'll say.
Speaker 5: It's so good, interesting, dear diary. My goodness, it's been a big week. So before I drill down, make sure you all go and have a tactical week.
Speaker 3: It's good.
Speaker 8: Tactical.
Speaker 2: Yeah, we do tactical wheeze each and every night.
Speaker 3: That's good.
Speaker 1: Do you do a tactical wi I need to do a tactical WII too, particularly over a few beers.
Speaker 3: Yes, and afterwards, pull your pants.
Speaker 5: Up point, isn't it super catch once they do a sort of shimming shoulders.
Speaker 2: What's the pants there as well? Thank you very much. Regulate that's sort of effect it has.
Speaker 5: And while you rad it, make sure you clear your nose before your head into the office. I'm now attuned to someone in our workplace and the other one who blows his nose with a alarming regularity.
Speaker 3: Wow, I'm talking once every half an hour, Megan.
Speaker 2: I can't.
Speaker 3: I can't unhear it.
Speaker 1: Now, they don't get us started on hanky users, Starry.
Speaker 5: It's my good friend Andrew's job on this show to introduce songs, and yet here we are again.
Speaker 3: Now let's get this right.
Speaker 5: It's Return of the Mac by Mark Morrison.
Speaker 3: So let's have a crack.
Speaker 2: Numb one song.
Speaker 1: Ont L twenty nineteen ninety seven was Return of the Mac by Mac Morrison.
Speaker 5: I mean, what sort of moron can't correctly pronounce song artists.
Speaker 3: Havana by calor Library of Color BROI you know what I mean, Yes, yes, Darry.
Speaker 5: It was a week of monumental beauty crimes mainly committed by me. Guilty as charged, but multiple offenses against eyebrows.
Speaker 2: Joe, do you look fantastic this morning?
Speaker 1: This this music doing for you? Because you rolled in this morning and you are Helga from Arnold.
Speaker 2: I wasn't looking at you for a fair while and then I heard her and I looked.
Speaker 1: Over your eyebounds screaming at me and said whoa calm down, guys.
Speaker 5: And one thing I've learned this week is you can't hide spray tan hands from one little port adelaide gun.
Speaker 1: Oh there is in studio.
Speaker 2: Good morning to you.
Speaker 3: Oh, good morning. We haven't seen you for a bit, miss you. We miss you more. What do you mean up to much?
Speaker 2: Not as much as you mother looks at those hands.
Speaker 5: I spotted a guy in the gym breakdancing, so we asked, what the fork have you seen in your place of fitness worship?
Speaker 3: This guy may have done.
Speaker 5: A tactically, but I feel like he should have gone a step further.
Speaker 9: So he had gone to like where the weight belt that can bar to buy?
Speaker 3: Like the weight belt?
Speaker 9: Ye popped it on lip onto his second rap as bleek under at the top there was this beautiful a thoughtment of diarrhea that had left his body down on the back of the leg and it dropped on the platform.
Speaker 5: Finally, Diary, a big shout out to our flawless phone system here at Nova, or maybe we just ran out of phone credit.
Speaker 2: Let's go to Simon and you may hang out for more often.
Speaker 5: I seem we're just wondering casual the car, so for all the fierce Jim breakdancers, Helga and her eyebrows. Drop your pants and go off this weekend, you lose your pants A long Oh my love, Jody.
Speaker 3: What if dot com helps ossies make the most out of every.
Speaker 1: Trip book, a hotel fight like check out and spa all before you can say breaking my.
Speaker 3: Face, jump on the waterfap and get started.
Speaker 2: What if it's Ozzie for travel.
Speaker 1: Twer professionals who aren't competitive at all, choosing a song each and putting it out there to the good folks, the good listeners, the beautiful people that listened to over nine on nine saying hey, jump on Instagram at Jodie and Hazy and swing us a vote.
Speaker 3: All right, do your job. Recap the score please?
Speaker 2: Okay, I can't remember.
Speaker 3: It was right there on the board in front of you.
Speaker 1: I have never told you this before, but I can't read. It is six to four in favor.
Speaker 2: Of the bad guys.
Speaker 5: That's funny because I knew you can't speak proper, but I didn't know you couldn't read either.
Speaker 2: I can't read proper either. All right, would you like to introduce your song game? Just really pump it up?
Speaker 3: It is impossible not to get up and about with my song this week.
Speaker 5: It is Fat Man Scoop and it's called beef Faith Faithful Faith.
Speaker 2: Gosh, Oh my gosh.
Speaker 3: I even wrote it down.
Speaker 2: You know what, I'm going to play it anyway.
Speaker 7: It is a good song.
Speaker 2: But what I will say, ladies and gentlemen, is that this is a genuine passion project. Yep.
Speaker 1: So I go, what song have you got there, Joe? You go, oh, fat Man Scoop? And then you read this song title off a piece of teeth.
Speaker 5: I've never known what it's called. I just know it's an absolute banger if we do play. People who are familiar with that song, though that there are two versions of it. One is quite explicit, and our boss Josh was just telling me he was in Sydney at a radio station they accidentally played the bad one. Yeah.
Speaker 3: Right, that would make you feel ill if you were the boss, wouldn't it.
Speaker 9: Yeah.
Speaker 2: We won't go into what it said, but I mean, mister Scoop asks.
Speaker 1: A very particular question about what the club goers and what their plans are later on in the evening or.
Speaker 3: Early in the morning, whatever comes first.
Speaker 1: All right, So you don't even know the name of your song. I can say this with my eyes closed, that Lenny Kravitz fly Away.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it's a good tune, isn't it.
Speaker 1: I mean, how about Lenny back in the day, just as rockstar as you could possibly be as a human. Yeah, just just I reckon you go to the tour and you'd be like, oh, yeah, you just left a piece of rock star in it, like someone who can go to the tour and it's cool.
Speaker 5: But also, I mean, a vote for Lenny is a vote for people who don't have personal hygiene.
Speaker 3: Everyone knows Lenny doesn't shower. Everyone knows that.
Speaker 2: Okay, well known fact.
Speaker 5: Okay, so it gess do you want to go into your weekend clean? Or do you go into your weekend dirty?
Speaker 1: Or we could we could peel back the curtain just ever so slightly as well. What was a question you asked me in about ten to seven?
Speaker 2: What did you ask me?
Speaker 5: Go on?
Speaker 3: Will you like to wear female deodorant? I've been to the gym before. Is it gonna throw some of that?
Speaker 8: I borrow some?
Speaker 3: That was my shower this morning.
Speaker 1: You've got the audacity to give stick to our boy, Lendy Kravitz.
Speaker 5: Oh, I'll tell you what that's really nice smelling deodor though no one wonder you smell lovely.
Speaker 2: It's fantastic, all right. Two options.
Speaker 1: You've got fat Man's scoop, but be faithful or Lenny Kravitz fly away. Jump on Jody and Haesy on Instagram. It is really really tight.
Speaker 3: You can text us your thoughts too, oh for double nine one nine nine one nine love to hear them.
Speaker 1: I love It's all right. We're going around some winner just after eight o'clock to get voting. Please, And what about this gipscore right now thirteen twenty four ten, We've got another school holiday package to give.
Speaker 2: Away right now.
Speaker 1: One hundred do Reading Cinema about your two hundred dollars beach house boucher.
Speaker 2: That is excellent.
Speaker 1: Cash Transformers, Indiana Jones, Mission Impossible, Barbie and more. Reading Cinemas Westlakes.
Speaker 9: Don't do that.
Speaker 3: Don't do that. I mean you practically played the whole bloody song. Anyway, we.
Speaker 2: Vote for me to hear it in full well the guest reading story tell us we'll see this.
Speaker 3: Huge Barbie movie. And Oppenheimer kicked off here in Adelaide last night.
Speaker 5: I would really love some thoughts feelings and emotions on both of these movies. If you want to give us your opinion, four double nine one nine nine one nine, get involved on the text line. Now, oh god, you're going to be so excited by this story. Ariana Grande might have a new man in her life. You've got a theory on Ariana, don't you do what?
Speaker 9: Yeah?
Speaker 3: I think she's a bit of a cow.
Speaker 2: I think we've learned over the journey. That's maybe. I don't want to use the D word, but I will. That is diva. Oh, it's even different direction.
Speaker 5: Sometimes you make my heart beat a little bit faster there andres So she split up from her husband, Dalton Gomez, and now she's apparently moved on with Ethan Slater, who's her co star in the film adaptation of Wicked, which they're shooting right now.
Speaker 6: So there you go.
Speaker 2: Yeah, four double nine nine one nine. Is your name, Dalton?
Speaker 3: Not many Dalton's out there, which as that not just Dalton? Follows up with the Gomez as.
Speaker 1: Well, Gomez. Oh, hang on, I think that's his last name, is it? Yeah, his last name's Gomez. Yeah, I'm talking about first names, Ethan Gomez. I think there's a fair few Gomes is.
Speaker 2: Out there, didn't go miz.
Speaker 3: I know it's just a combination. But then Ethan Slater is the new boyfriend.
Speaker 2: Ah right, of course related to Michael Slater. Also this juicey, juicy god.
Speaker 5: You're exhausting sometimes. If you missed it last night, we just had a chat about it. But Standing Captain Steph Catley has stepped up from the spot as the Matilda has overcame the loss of Sam Curtis. Edge Island out one Neil in a very physical FEFA Women's World Cup opener.
Speaker 6: And sat so majority of the eighteen thousand plus inside stadium in Australia in the LAPTA.
Speaker 1: How good love the state yesterday About the merchandise, Yeah, Nike released the stat that's incomparable to the same time in twenty twenty two for the Men's World Cup.
Speaker 2: Yeap Matilda's had sold more gear.
Speaker 5: Yeah, that doesn't surprise me. Support let's go to Abs in the newsroom. I'm going to put you on the spot here. But you said they did up the prize money for this tournament in the end, didn't they buy about two hundred percent?
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it was there was a story.
Speaker 10: Yeah, Yester, I think it was up two hundred and thirty seven percent, so it'll obviously be shared among the teams. But yeah, something like twenty million dollars more than that thirty something million dollars or.
Speaker 3: Whatever it was. I can't remember exactly. Other drift.
Speaker 2: That's what happens when you say to someone, here's a question without notice.
Speaker 3: Yeah, so it's a Friday, and I get up at three o'clock every day.
Speaker 2: So leave alone, way off, way off?
Speaker 3: Okay, one hundred and ten million is big.
Speaker 5: Oh, there you go.
Speaker 3: Get that's the one.
Speaker 5: All right.
Speaker 3: I'm going to hear about that during the song, aren't. I don't get across to me without notice ever again? Juice, Juice, I love this story.
Speaker 5: So Adelaide is now home to two of Jetstar's new air Bus NEOs, with the first of regular adult Bally flight scheduled to take off at six twenty am this morning. So oh, let's go on at seven fifty.
Speaker 2: Genuinely check the diamonds. You're late flights. Have you probably missed over your journey?
Speaker 3: I reckon me, h, yeah, I dream about missing flights all the time. It's soberzarre. I don't know what that says about me.
Speaker 5: Anyway, all the seats in this Schmick new airbus have USB ports. There's two trade tables, so there's one for your food and there's one for your device.
Speaker 3: So you can sit and watch movies, et cetera.
Speaker 2: Yeah, how good's that? I love a good flight story.
Speaker 1: I mean, how appropriate. This is one of about old bang of songs and you're talking about this. So thank you for endorsing two.
Speaker 3: Products I didn't I didn't ask. How about I give you a review when I go to Barley next month by BALI there's a little humble bragg Okay, I'm.
Speaker 10: Being one of those people who are yeah, I need some sun. But anyway, I'll give you a review. Hopefully we're flying with jet stuff, so hopefully we'll have one of the new ones.
Speaker 5: Okay, well, I'll be sure to disable your Instagram account for the time that you're away and.
Speaker 10: Be shutting down my social media. Yeah, okay, good stuff everyone.
Speaker 3: Juice the juice I hadn't finished.
Speaker 5: But anyway, on that note from Abbie's stuff, everyone, So, yeah, that's going to up the flights that we two direct flights today and so that's going to increase capacity by more than two hundred and fifty thousand seats each.
Speaker 7: Good.
Speaker 1: Bari just like the Blues, Bari is back. Really got knocked around and covidn't it Bali, Yeah it did it.
Speaker 3: Bin Tangs were so lonely, I know, but there's such lovely people.
Speaker 5: If everyone can get back there and support that local community, that would be lovely.
Speaker 2: Okay, when can I go? I need some son too. I'm coming with you.
Speaker 3: Apps come on then, Yeah, push Tamra out and you can come with me.
Speaker 6: See it.
Speaker 10: He's got four kids she should be home with.
Speaker 3: Okay, David Basher, are you pulling the World Cup?
Speaker 2: It's ok when it comes from.
Speaker 3: She's going to kill me.
Speaker 8: That my heart's pants, your soul.
Speaker 6: There he is.
Speaker 2: It's the figure of himself. Guys, it's guy Josh.
Speaker 3: Yeah, welcome into the studio.
Speaker 7: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: It's rocking and over Beanie this morning.
Speaker 8: I love it.
Speaker 2: I didn't think there was enough branding in this right.
Speaker 7: No, that's not that's good.
Speaker 2: Hey, Josh, let's just quickly recap. You got two options. You got mister Scoop himself a k A first name batsman. You know, I'm just gonna say there's two good choices. Obviously I want Lenny to win, and it was a better song, says who says?
Speaker 3: Well, I guess wait, yeah, what do the people say?
Speaker 2: All right?
Speaker 11: Okay, so the last twenty four hours have been like the most tense they've ever been. We had the leader swap six times. Oh my god, my god, and then it came down to six votes kidding and the winner.
Speaker 2: It's good Andrew, that's so cool? Oh is this? I guess this is what it feels like to win an AFL premiership. Nice and commiseration.
Speaker 1: So if it feels like an AFL premiership, full credit to the opposition. Put up a hell of a fight. You'd be better for it, come back better next year. But boys, let's enjoy this. Okay, let's enjoy this.
Speaker 3: I've just been in the toilet for the next four minutes.
Speaker 2: Losing captain. Would you like to say anything?
Speaker 3: Not a word?
Speaker 2: Oh my gosh, that's not going to go down.
Speaker 3: Well I will say this. I will say this. I'm still up six five, so you know, was it the Grand Final or was it the pre limb.
Speaker 1: Let's just live in the moment, ladies and gentlemen. You're winning song for Battle of the Bangers. Lenny Kravitz fly Away You Ready, Here we go three two one.
Speaker 2: You're telling me that you got your time machine on this daisy, Well, well well let's fight.
Speaker 8: Let's go.
Speaker 9: You like that?
Speaker 1: Kirk Cousin's there for You for tho. I was watching Quarterback on Netflix. It's just me or Tom Dodo recommended Okay. Twenty first of July, Let's get back to two thousand and three, powder Finger made number one with Vulture Street, their third straight number.
Speaker 2: One album in Australia. We've got some bangers for me. It was about this one good powder Finger.
Speaker 5: Oh it just up there with hunters and collectors, I think with the great and credit House, with.
Speaker 3: The greatest Australian bands of all time. You know what else was on that album? I love your so great.
Speaker 2: Song, so many good songs.
Speaker 1: Two thousand and three, George Is Kristen of Luxembourg ripped up twenty eight phone books in a record time of just two minutes.
Speaker 2: So good, well done. It's not easy.
Speaker 5: What about when you discover your hidden talents and that person's was to rip up phone books?
Speaker 3: Like how do you how do you even work out that's something you're good at?
Speaker 11: Yeah?
Speaker 1: I know, and they're like, oh, what are you born to do with Lebron James? Well, I think I might be one of the greatest of all time. What about you and ad Well, it might be the best of the world game what about you? George's Kristen And that's what it's funny should say that watch this?
Speaker 5: Oh okay, you showed that Yellow Pages Who's Boss?
Speaker 2: There's something in that for you there.
Speaker 1: George's two thousand and five Layton Hewet, who was twenty fourth time married Beck Cartwright, who was twenty one at the time at the Sydney Opera House.
Speaker 5: Oh my god, it's my favorite thing ever to do to show people who've never seen it.
Speaker 3: Bex wedding pom to Leighton.
Speaker 2: Oh you've got me, okay, go on give us a little.
Speaker 3: Bit ready, I'm going to give you the whole bit because you'll want more. Ready.
Speaker 5: I really don't know where to start, but I definitely know you've captured my heart. It started the night you called me up to see if i'd play in the Starlight Cup way back then. Little did we know that I love for one another could grow and grow. A text message or two is what kept us in touch. And I want you to know that I love you so much?
Speaker 8: Oh is that it? No?
Speaker 2: Can we get some can we get a backing track?
Speaker 6: Yep.
Speaker 5: It wasn't until late in two thousand and four that I received another phone call. When we decided to meet. We went up the street for something to eat. From that day on, I'm by your side and look at me now I am. Here's your prom Yeah, straight up games incredible, isn't it?
Speaker 2: Twenty one at the time? Thurn A twenty fourteen? What did you regret doing when you were twenty one?
Speaker 3: Saying? No, no, no, all right, mom, Winnings beach. Don't you all worry about it?
Speaker 1: Got this twenty eleven and NASA retired the Space Shuttle from service after thirty years of service.
Speaker 2: And I think it retired along the Gulf of Mexico, just sunning itself. Yeah, I know. One song is like twenty one as well.
Speaker 1: In twenty fourteen was problem by Ariana Grande in Eggysalia, and of course iggys Ali went on to do some big things.
Speaker 3: A couple of She's on oliness that is amazing. This is song.
Speaker 2: Fridays, Oh there he is, Good morning, ride for Cherald.
Speaker 6: The beautiful Hazy the beautiful Jody, Hey, can I kick it off today?
Speaker 7: What's Battle of the Bangers? What have you got today? What are you doing?
Speaker 2: Thank you so much for me?
Speaker 6: Nope?
Speaker 7: Can I step in here? Jokes?
Speaker 6: Can I would like to take it over if that's okay, okay, okay, because we did this on our show this morning. I don't know if you've heard, but there is a cruise next year, right twenty twenty four, and there is a band that's reuniting for the cruise. It's called the Cruise of ninety nine. And this span will be reuniting on the cruise.
Speaker 3: Your kid, creed aback I bloody love.
Speaker 6: Cruise creedabat and Jode's how's this on the cruise? Three doors down? A bit of kryptonite?
Speaker 2: Oh my god?
Speaker 7: And yes, just to back it up even more, these guys will.
Speaker 3: Be playing shut up Home, shut up Fuzy.
Speaker 8: You're the playing.
Speaker 7: And you know the best bit about that?
Speaker 6: I mean, if you're on there and you hate every minute of it, you cannot get off the Cruise of ninety nine.
Speaker 7: You are stuck on there. You've got to jump overboard if you want to get away.
Speaker 3: Can I just say shimmer that is my favorite song of all time.
Speaker 5: Can you do?
Speaker 7: Yeah, that's got to be in Battle of the Bangers next week. Shimmer.
Speaker 2: You were telling me that Sumer was conceived to Shimmer.
Speaker 3: I certainly didn't say.
Speaker 7: Little Shimmarotti.
Speaker 5: Was born.
Speaker 6: Baby girl by the name of shimmarottistanding.
Speaker 1: We spoke about the Gold Coast this morning as well, on how they're potentially throwing the hat in the ring to host the Commonwealth Games.
Speaker 5: Move.
Speaker 7: It's a great move. I'm glad that they did this, but you do it on your terms.
Speaker 6: We had the new South Wales Premier Chris Mins this week and we were like, well, you don't have to have every event.
Speaker 7: Why can't we share it with other states?
Speaker 6: I mean, you've you've got the facilities for the track and field out at home Bush. I mean that was from the two thousand Olympics. Why can't we I mean, why don't we go back to the Commonwealth Games and say, well, this this is what we can do. We're not going to build any more infrastructure. Let's just use the facilities that we can use.
Speaker 5: I went to the Commas Games on the Gold Coast a couple of years ago fits it and it was the source of so much joy for me because I sat watching the athletics with one of my best friends in the world and I won't mention her name, chantal Leini.
Speaker 3: And anyway, I'm sitting I'm sitting next to chantell.
Speaker 5: And she goes, oh my god, she said, look at how high those high jumpers jump.
Speaker 3: And I looked where she was looking and I went, Babe, that's the pole vault.
Speaker 2: Athletes about the leap on them there?
Speaker 7: Why are they using that pole?
Speaker 2: Absolutely at the hops.
Speaker 5: Look.
Speaker 6: Don't get me wrong, though, coming with games. I still love the coming of games because I loved athletics growing up. But it is it's like thinking that you've bought a ticket to go see Oasis reunion, then getting the tickets and you find out it's the cover band.
Speaker 11: It is.
Speaker 1: We're so sure that it's a to die death, as did the Goodwill Games. And also, yes, we're just sort of wondering if Gold Coast has any credibility left because we were all on agreeance this morning. That's in nineteen ninety two when Brent Todd joined the Gold Coast Seagulls and said this at a press conference when asked why he joined the seagulls the Gold Coasts.
Speaker 2: Because the shield is good look and I want to find more.
Speaker 1: We just wondered if Gold Coast had lost all credibility from that point on.
Speaker 7: Do you know the worst thing about that? The horrific laugh from all the journals.
Speaker 3: Afterwards, from all the male journals going on.
Speaker 6: I'm so glad that we have changed, but yeah, it would. I would still go up to the Gold Coast for sure. I hope, I hope an Australian city does pick it up, because I do love the common loss cap.
Speaker 3: Have we changed though?
Speaker 5: Because did you watch the World Cup, the Women's World Cup soccer last night?
Speaker 3: Did you know what that commentator had to say?
Speaker 5: No?
Speaker 4: I certainly motherhood has not blunted her competitive instincts.
Speaker 7: That's for sure.
Speaker 2: She is one fighter for Australia. I didn't read the room the big fella.
Speaker 5: Are you serious? Oh yeah, because the moment you come a mother, you just become soft and mushy and all emotional and irrational and all those stereotypes.
Speaker 3: My goodness, may they were so.
Speaker 6: Good last night though, the Matildas, weren't they And to do it without Sam Kerr, that's really really exciting, So if we can get through Nigeria and we can get her back, I'm really really confident.
Speaker 1: Yeah, before I let you go, a word on your crow boys as well. This is sort of turning into a bit of a du dye situation. Can they beat the D's at the G? It would be huge.
Speaker 6: I don't think so, hazy Unfortunately, I'm glad they've made a couple of changes. But yeah, the boys are out a bit of touch at the moment and we're going to go all the way over to Melbourne, who are playing great footy. So yeah, Melbourne at the MCG is going to be a tough one. I've picked the D's to.
Speaker 3: Win that game all the way over to Melbourne on that forty five minute.
Speaker 7: Flight, but then you've got to get into a cab and you're going to go a nun You've got to walk two hundred meters to the changer.
Speaker 5: Oh dear, it's a lot. Port Collingwood, just quickly before we let you go, thoughts.
Speaker 7: This is going to be an unbelievable game.
Speaker 6: I was a little bit nervous for Port Adelaide last week when they were flirting with form and dropping a few players. Now I can understand, there's a few guys that are banged up and you've got to give them a rest, but not the week before you're playing the top team. I think Collingwood will win this game easily, and like I said, when you flirt with form, it's going to make the showdown even spicier the week later. That's going to be the big one next week.
Speaker 5: All right, beautiful Fitzy, thanks so much for joining us, and sign me up for the what is it the ninety nine cruise?
Speaker 7: Yeah, the Cruise of ninety nine. You're on, You're luided, You'll be dating one of the fuel bands.
Speaker 3: And I'm going to go, oh, I can see my child to your song.
Speaker 2: Thank you, bitchy guys.