Speaker 1: Jason Lauren on one hundred.
Speaker 2: It is just going eighteen to eight. You're on the air with Jason and Lauren. The five K question coming up at eight o'clock this morning. You are listening to Noble one hundred and she is a chilling one whole. God, we're going backwards. Was five before. It's now four degrees and showers expected today.
Speaker 1: I can see a bit of I can see a bit of blue sky this. Oh gosh, the clouds moving fast.
Speaker 2: I'm taking the misses out for lunch today.
Speaker 1: I did not pack a jacket, but yeah, I know where you're going to be. Cozy woman there. That's nice little date day on a Friday.
Speaker 2: Driving to I'm going now for a girl.
Speaker 3: You're going out on a date because today is the world's shortest day. Yeah, Lou's is scared.
Speaker 2: She's going to run out of conversation. So she's like, if you're going to take me out, do it today.
Speaker 3: Do it on Winter Solstice?
Speaker 1: Is that what it's called Winter solstice?
Speaker 3: Solstice?
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a good day. I think they'll be. I don't know why. I can just feel there's a lot of a ready Melbourne today. I'm having a girl's lunch. Yeah, with three of my best friends.
Speaker 2: The weather Clears to the footy tonight as well, Huge Matt the g sold out the Cats going up against the Blue Baggers.
Speaker 1: Se you what we're what we're not going to be talking about at the girl's lunch?
Speaker 3: What's that foot buys? I will not be Do you know what we should talk about?
Speaker 1: What?
Speaker 3: The highest paying jobs in Australia have been revealed without needing a degree, So forget about going to UNI. You can make a stack of cash just by working in these fields. What is it?
Speaker 1: We have the cops and it's not medical, it's not you probably don't need to know.
Speaker 2: You don't need agree to join the police force. And we're the Victorian Police in the other day and they're saying that it's not bad coin.
Speaker 3: You can get one hundred or north of one hundred grand for jobs that don't require a degree. Piece of paper. So let me wez through the top five.
Speaker 1: Because I was a UNI dropout?
Speaker 3: Did you not get your bit?
Speaker 2: Did you not graduate?
Speaker 1: I got kicked out twice?
Speaker 3: Do you not get the hat?
Speaker 2: Let's send it back to finishing.
Speaker 1: Don't my dad wants me to go back.
Speaker 2: Let's mature student.
Speaker 1: So annoying. I made it in politics.
Speaker 3: They ask all the questions at the back, CLI always such.
Speaker 2: Can you imagine it's broadcasting live from graduation day? How long do you need to go back for?
Speaker 1: I think only on two or three subjects.
Speaker 3: We're going back, going, we must go.
Speaker 1: I don't think that the credits would have expired by now. Those credits would have expired by now. I never had to start again. We could call it sing a degree in p art was common sense.
Speaker 3: Any way, Jason. Number five coal miners, they earn an average of one hundred and thirty thousand and thirty three dollars annually. A few mates agree, is that a fifo no degree? Yeah, a lot of them are flying.
Speaker 2: I've got a few mates that have done it, and they said.
Speaker 3: It is a lot of the hell.
Speaker 1: It's hard to A lot of them.
Speaker 3: Get per diems as well, but it's living away from home.
Speaker 2: He hated it.
Speaker 1: You actually end up making a lot more money than number four.
Speaker 3: Yeap train drivers one hundred and thirty two thousand dollars.
Speaker 2: Got a made of mine who worked behind the bar at Hampton Bowls when they shut down. He tried to be a train driver apparently very limited.
Speaker 3: To get in Yeah, hard to get in. Yeah, it's also quite a tough job. I think differently.
Speaker 1: The railway pays a lot. You see a lot of things as a train driver. No, it's quite you see a lot of things.
Speaker 3: Yeah, not steering, you see some things.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you're not steering the tracks do that. You're either going forward or back.
Speaker 1: Yeah, but you have a huge responsibility. They're on like public lands, yes, like no, like you go through likesines and stuff.
Speaker 2: I think you more mean for the passengers.
Speaker 3: Yeah, we'd love to drive a train through, but then you can't do the city loop.
Speaker 2: I want to have to. I want to have in one of those electric trams. They look fun, aren't they all? No, No, they're nice ones.
Speaker 3: You okay, sweet Digress number three a pilot one hundred and forty three thousand dollars as.
Speaker 1: Well, So I expected more that would be starting.
Speaker 3: That's starting.
Speaker 1: That's just starting, my joking, because once you start captaining those big A three eighties, and you make a lot of money when you travel overseas because you get paid for your time, just turn over time.
Speaker 3: So pilots have to go to pilot school, but they don't need to go to university.
Speaker 1: But it's very expensive to paint to train as a pilot. It's not a cheap hobby to go and get your pilots.
Speaker 2: Last night, you've got to go out to my rabbit.
Speaker 1: You've got to get all your hours up and you need to pay you for those hours.
Speaker 3: Number two, also aviation related. An air traffic controller an average of one hundred and fifty three and a half thousand dollars.
Speaker 1: They say an air traffic controller is one of the most stressful jobs.
Speaker 3: In the world.
Speaker 1: Well, our next door neighbor became an air traffic controller, my old next neighbor. And the process to become an air traffic controller, they put you under these like in these intense situations where they like yell at you and abuse you and all of this stuff, to just try and see if you can keep you cool. Because if you've got three planes in the air and you've got to, like in a moment of panic, sort out what happens.
Speaker 2: Snowgiars at Aldi special by day, keep you cool. You've got to go in there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, you got to sort the customers in order.
Speaker 2: Yeah. If you can do that, the job's yours.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's a good good option. I bought the snooking and number one job you can do without a degree. I was staggered by the take home wage is a named radio host that's not true. North of half a million dollars, it says here it's probably an under cell.
Speaker 2: Bloody that mate.
Speaker 3: It's been published to the Australian Tax Office Australian Tax Office data.
Speaker 1: We're not all kyl and Jackie oaclint.
Speaker 3: News readers right down.
Speaker 2: I can confirm you don't need a degree.
Speaker 1: To gurney drop it out, look at me, leave an m I.
Speaker 2: T hey.
Speaker 1: Have you got Do you think they want me on their alumni post about?
Speaker 2: Probably not? Have you got a well paying job but you didn't do great at school? No degree but a good gig?
Speaker 1: Yes, no degreeyous? If you don't want to spill the beans on how much you're earning publicly, but good job, or you want to brag about it, maybe you know.
Speaker 3: What Chippies make a lot of money? Yeah, it's all cash is too, it's all I don't know invoice only.
Speaker 1: Don't garbage truck drivers make a bit too?
Speaker 2: Even im I removals the other day though, like, hey we can get five hund bucks cheap if you do cash.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, who's not dodging the In the building industry.
Speaker 2: Fielding, I'll move twice Building thirteen twenty four to ten.
Speaker 3: If you work in the construction industry, you actually have to drop a g as well.
Speaker 2: In industry living thirty twenty four ten eating. Didn't do well at school, but you're killing it in a professional world. Give us a call at Nova.
Speaker 1: We are discussing did you fail at school but you're killing it now? That's what we want to know. Maybe you're a high school dropout, maybe you UNI drop out, but you live in your best life.
Speaker 2: It's good to Amelia in South Melbourne. Didn't do well at school? But what are you doing now?
Speaker 1: I'm a concrete pumper. I've got my own concrete pumping company.
Speaker 2: Your own company?
Speaker 1: Are you printing printing cash? Amelia?
Speaker 4: Oh yeah, money?
Speaker 3: What are we talking?
Speaker 2: Was that? Rude?
Speaker 3: Per job?
Speaker 1: Fifteen hundred per job? How you doing jobs? Three jobs a day?
Speaker 4: You're doing very well?
Speaker 2: Good? Much?
Speaker 1: How much the concrete costure four and a half grand a day?
Speaker 2: Yeah? But like out of the four and a half grand a day, is that in your pocket?
Speaker 1: Technical live a little?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 3: Sorry, sorry, Cashi's as well, is that.
Speaker 1: I'm not good with tax time. Is that gross or whatsoever?
Speaker 2: Gross? Gross?
Speaker 1: It's not gross gross gross?
Speaker 3: What you like gross gross?
Speaker 1: It was gross gross old. I wasn't good at tax time?
Speaker 3: Is it gross or net?
Speaker 1: Gross or net?
Speaker 2: It was the other one of gross or.
Speaker 1: I said something. You thought it was fancy. I know exactly what it was.
Speaker 2: You went, oh, that computer had two grams of storage.
Speaker 1: That's an easy two grams have stories?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they are all the gigabytes and megabytes and aga bytes.
Speaker 2: Oh terrible.
Speaker 1: But I also, no, that wasn't bigger than an MB or is an bigger than a GB?
Speaker 3: And where you have five thousand dollars?
Speaker 1: Wh is a TV sit coming up?
Speaker 3: Short?
Speaker 2: And I'm still confused? Why the bloody floppy? This was still a hard kind of stupid.
Speaker 1: Anyway, back to what we were doing. Did you drop out of UNI or school and you're killing it now? Natalie?
Speaker 4: Yeah, I go morning.
Speaker 1: Though morning morning.
Speaker 4: I had a daughter when I will sell pregnant sixteen, so I didn't even finish high school. I left in you before year eleven finished, and I could it work because I was raising my daughter. And then in the Master of like ten years. I'm on over one hundred and thirty.
Speaker 3: Yes, Natalie looking after.
Speaker 4: Australia New Zealand for a business.
Speaker 2: So who needs awesome? Who needs business? Good work?
Speaker 1: Good on your Natalie, that's that's all one hundred and thirty k.
Speaker 2: Like you know, to bounce back. I'ming a kid that young as well.
Speaker 1: She's been living her best life. She'd be like forty and her kids basically be twenty When my kids were.
Speaker 2: I won't be going to electric copy on a cruise ship.
Speaker 3: Molly in Eltham, What do you do? What do you do that makes you so rich? And you dropped out of uni or school?
Speaker 4: I'm a traffic controller.
Speaker 1: Now I've heard this is where you're raking in cash.
Speaker 2: So obviously you're good looking as well.
Speaker 1: Then they're all gorgeous beautiful. How did you become a traffic controller? Did you have to go to school or university for that? I did a one day course? And how much does a traffic controller earn?
Speaker 4: So this year today and it's my first year doing it, I've made one hundred and seventy six thousand.
Speaker 1: Dollars in June. Yeah, when did you start?
Speaker 3: One hundred and seventy six thousand.
Speaker 1: When did you start?
Speaker 4: I started on the first of June last year.
Speaker 1: So hang, hang on, is this like a hundred times?
Speaker 2: Why did you it booked for jobs?
Speaker 3: No, it's full time.
Speaker 1: So do you get paid extra if you're doing overtime or is that your salary you based selling? Yeah, but that's a lot of overtime.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but still like you're holding a slow stop sign?
Speaker 1: Is that where you do stop start slow? Yeah?
Speaker 4: Or I sit at the gate and open a boom gate?
Speaker 2: Question? You know the one day course is there is there a certain part of that course that's dedicated to walkie talkie technique because you know how sometimes it's strong, you're like a clean I've gone to stop over and then you'd have to be about three minutes of the whole day that's.
Speaker 1: Dedicated to that.
Speaker 3: What about operating the little temporary traffic lights, Well, they don't need him for them.
Speaker 1: Our automatic we don't even have to operate. She just pushes a button to open a boom gate.
Speaker 4: Guys, you have to be on a union site to get that money.
Speaker 1: Unions.
Speaker 3: John what's his name Workers United at the moment is Johnny Seer from thee IF.
Speaker 2: Part of me thought, you're about to say John West.
Speaker 1: John West EAT's best.
Speaker 3: He rejects the fish.
Speaker 1: John West fish is best.
Speaker 2: What is John West?
Speaker 1: It's the John West does something.
Speaker 3: Best, rejects tuna.
Speaker 1: Doesn't John West do something the best?
Speaker 2: It's the fish John West rejects that makes John West the best lawson.
Speaker 3: Lauren wake up feeling good on No.
Speaker 1: One hundred, Lauren on Socials