Speaker 1: On scorn Lands Australia.
Speaker 2: This is the Wader Panicky Show.
Speaker 3: Good evening and welcome to the reader Panicky Show. Coming up tonight. Your taxes funding neither classes for bureaucrats. Patrick Carline will be here to discuss that and much more.
Speaker 4: The politicization of the.
Speaker 3: Australian curriculum is back in the headlines, including a requirement to incorporate indiculous dance into MAT's classes.
Speaker 4: Colleen Harkin joins me.
Speaker 3: Shortly, the back between President Trump and cos Zelenski intensifies as the Ukrainian leader declares the end of the war is very far away. Kosher Gator will break down their latest and later in the hour they always droll. Alex Stein will bring us some good news from the US southern border. The illegal immigration crisis is over.
Speaker 4: To take long, did it?
Speaker 3: And of course your favorite segment and mine left his losing it featuring the most nominated film at yesterday's Oscars, a Mexican musical about a transgender cartel leader.
Speaker 4: I wish I was kidding.
Speaker 2: Man to woman from Pstuina.
Speaker 4: Is it for you for Me? Yes?
Speaker 3: That got thirteen nominations. Can't imagine why people aren't going to the movies nowadays.
Speaker 4: But let's start with the Day's a big stories.
Speaker 3: And the same fringe indigenous group that brought down the billion dollar Regis gold mine has now set its sights on Mount Panama Rama, the home of the iconic Bathurst one thousand. The Worried Jury Traditional Owner's Central West Aboriginal Corporation launched a bid to have the peak of Mount Panorama declared a sacred State Heritage site after its scattered the ashes of former member Uncle Brian Grant there in late twenty two. Bathurst A Local Aboriginal Land Council Chief Executive Tony Lee Scott has hit out at this rebel group, saying the proposal had been made without informing the Land Council even though it is the legislated cultural authority.
Speaker 4: Of that region.
Speaker 3: The local Aboriginal Land Council had criticized Tanier Plibask last year when she used the fringe group submission to block the Regious gold mine that will cost the hundreds of well paying jobs for that region, as well as around two hundred million dollars in royalties.
Speaker 4: For New South Wales.
Speaker 3: Joining me now for more on this is News Corps Senior writer Patrick Carli and Patrick, will we see the minister side with this fringe group again? I do wonder, And if scattering ashes in twenty twenty two is going to be grounds for declaring an area an Indigenous heritage site, then I can see that causing a few issues.
Speaker 5: This is game changing with its audacity, isn't it. When you think of sacred, you think ancient, you think of caves, you think of trees or whatever. The ashes were scattered in twenty twenty two, that's two three years ago, basically the man's ashes. It wasn't even born or raised in bass from what I read. It's such an audacious claim. If it is successful, it actually opens the door to actually laying ashes wherever and saying this is a sacred site because we laid our ashes here last week or last year. I mean, it's ridiculous. It is utterly ridiculous.
Speaker 3: Well remains to be seen if there's any other grounds for this claim. But as we know with the Region's gold mine, we still don't actually know why that was rejected. There's really not clarity on that decision. And that was such a momentous decision Patrick, A billion dollar project, all these well paying jobs for a regional area that desperately needs them, and enormous amount of money going to New South Wales in loyalties.
Speaker 4: Premier means was a gas.
Speaker 3: The Prime Minister didn't seem to be on board, and yet Tania Plebusk made this decision.
Speaker 5: I think anyone who's looked at that closely would be a ghast. I mean, the argument was the Blue Banded B and the story of the Blue Banded B. Now apparently no one can trace that story back any further than twenty twenty two.
Speaker 4: Again, twenty twenty two.
Speaker 5: Beggars belief that these massive projects that do they provide jobs, they provide royalties, Everything was done properly in terms of the application at the twelve hour basically was kibosh over a story which honestly sounds like it's complete nonsense.
Speaker 3: Well, even people within the indigenous community, people associated with the Visual Land Council, have come to that determination, but the Minister has sided with this group.
Speaker 4: So here we are now.
Speaker 3: It's been revealed that the federal government has spent more than twenty five thousand on drama classes for just thirteen Services of Australia employees in an effort to teach them how to communicate with empathy.
Speaker 4: The government agency listed the National Institute of.
Speaker 3: Dramatic Arts neither to provide the training for its top ranking leaders across two days. So that's that's pretty good. That's twenty five thousand dollars for a couple of days. Probably was a nice little junket or away from the office.
Speaker 4: Not a great use of our money.
Speaker 3: I wouldn't have thought, surely you can communicate with empathy without prancing around in a nier class, probably doing interpretive dance.
Speaker 5: I was on the phone to Services Australia this morning just oh were they They were not very empathetic. I don't think it's working. So they're not getting banged for their buck. Look, I think the fact it's twelve people, Look it was for one hundred people or one hundred managers or whatever. You'd sort of say, well, well, possibly this is ridiculous. And you've got Services Australia doesn't provide very good services, and you had the story not long ago. I think last year with a speech writer was being paid three hundred thousand dollars a year for speech writing, which is miles above the odds. This does not pass any pub test whatsoever.
Speaker 3: I tell you the public service, it's a different world entirely. Now it's looking like Victoria is going to have more bad policy, perhaps three more decades. Of the state's transported infrastructure blueprint for the next thirty years.
Speaker 4: Is calling for slashing.
Speaker 3: Speed limits to just thirty kilometers an hour in local streets. He wants to expand desalination plant capacity, build more tunnels.
Speaker 4: Patrick. The projects here are extensive.
Speaker 3: The cost has been put around seventy five billion dollars. But I've got to question the wisdom of anybody putting this plan together, who thinks it's fantastic to have thirty kilometer limits across town. What's the point? Might as well be out there, I don't know, going for a jog. It's making the use of cars almost a nuisance.
Speaker 4: If you have to go, you've got these Some of.
Speaker 3: These streets are white boulevards and you're crawling along at thirty kilometers.
Speaker 5: It's the Nanny State gone mad.
Speaker 6: Really.
Speaker 5: I mean, I've driven down streets in Collingwood in the north of Melbourne that are thirty kilometers an hour and you can barely get up the speed hunt to get over the other side. This is Look, I think the big thing here is the fact that we've got no money. I mean, Victoria's can't really afford a one year plan at this stage if you're talking about seventy five billion dollars for all these expenses, and it includes extending tram routes and all sorts of things that are fairly controversial or have a massive impact. Yes, cars obviously are second and drivers a second class citizens. Now you can't get around, and it's all about sort of pedestrian safety or whatever. Well, there are all sorts of ways to have better safety for pedestrians. Driving at the same rate as you could on escape is not really the first pick, is it.
Speaker 3: And you know what a good safety measure for pedestrians is is not stepping in front of cars. Yes, so that's something that has always worked for me, something that perhaps could be taught at school. Now, before you go and ask you about the Alan government here in Victoria, they're just sent to Alan government trying to keep twenty nine documents detailing complaints about CFMU misconduct on Victoria's big build road and rail projects secret. They want to keep this secret. With a Victorian Infrastructure Development Authority, the public service unit running the projects is refusing to release them to the press. The Australian newspaper has been trying to get hold of this under the freedom of information laws, but they're suppressing here seventeen other documents as well. We are in the suppression state. Victoria has been called that.
Speaker 4: But why would we not want to know.
Speaker 3: What's happening on the big build projects, these projects that are over budget, taking way longer than we were told.
Speaker 4: Surely we should know what's happening.
Speaker 5: Absolutely. Look, it's probably tens of billions of dollars that has been sort of potentially misused here. We are entitled to know exactly how this money got used. We know that the CFMEAU, whether it's Queensland or Victoria, the price of their projects that they work on a twenty five to thirty percent more. What struck me about this story. It's a very good story. I think the surveyor has had a meeting which is sent to Allen and she was very sympathetic and said, I understand there are delays and so on, but I'm powerless to actually do anything about it. This is the politician who actually administrates billions of dollars, actually saying, well, I can't do anything about this, and when it goes to the depth of the extortion and the stronger tactics that have been applied for so long.
Speaker 4: It's victoria for you. Patrick Carline, thanks for your time tonight.
Speaker 3: Joining me is Institute of Public Affairs Research Fellow and director of the IPA's Schools Program, Colleen Harken. Colleen, let's talk about the Australian curriculum. Analysis of the curriculum shows of the more than twenty four hundred lesson suggestions and the revised curriculum, three quarters relate to Aboriginal antres Strait Islander history and culture.
Speaker 4: And it even mandates that.
Speaker 3: Maths teachers incorporate Indigenous dance and storytelling into maths classes.
Speaker 4: What more can you tell me about this revised curriculum.
Speaker 3: It seems to be even more preoccupied with race and climate and even more politicized.
Speaker 1: It is so the National Curriculum is a body called a Current that sets the national curriculum and it prioritizes and it says its priority is Aboriginal and torres Straate Islanders histories and culture, and sustainability, which is climate change, diversity, equity, inclusion, all that kind of activist agender and it mandates that it's in every subject, every year level, every opportunity. So it's not just maths, it's physic it's art, it's science, it's every single subject, every year level. The child is exposed to this kind of activism within the curriculum.
Speaker 4: And it's mandated.
Speaker 3: It's not like the teachers have a suggestion, you may like to do this.
Speaker 1: They have to well, let's sort of what I call a market is it states what the what they want them to do, and then it gives them a whole range of suggestions as to how they might go about doing that. Okay, but it is mandated that these are priorities. It actually specifically says these are the curriculum priorities.
Speaker 3: Oh dear man, Now it seems like no amount of activism is even enough. The Australian Human Rights Commission, which we of course fund as taxpayers, has scolded schools for celebrating Harmony Day on March twenty one, claiming that it actually hides long standing systematic racial discrimination and that they should rename the International Day for the Elimination of Racial Discrimination, turning it the day from a protest against racial discrimination into a celebration, so that seem to be upset that this isn't angry and activist enough.
Speaker 4: It's been celebrated.
Speaker 3: People are celebrating different cultures and foods, and we.
Speaker 4: Can't be happy in school.
Speaker 3: We've just not always have a grievance, always just behating the country.
Speaker 4: Tell me about what's happening there.
Speaker 3: And our school's taking notice of this service.
Speaker 7: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So there are about thirteen name days, Aboriginal and Toastrate Island name Days, in addition to those cross curriculum priorities we just spoke about. Now, Harmony Day in theory is a really nice idea that we should celebrate our shared values, but that's not what they're aiming at. This is again a constant sort of activist agenda to divide us.
Speaker 4: They don't want harmony.
Speaker 1: What they want is this perpetual industry of griev and they're teaching the children from very young to be indoctrinated to that divisive agenda. We did a research article on the Early Learning Framework, which is mandate by the government for early learning centers, So we're talking children who are literally in nappies who are mandated to doing a daily acknowledgment to country to fly an Aboriginal flag.
Speaker 4: And that's how we find.
Speaker 1: Things like in prime in kindergartens where children are walking in and touching the ground and saying always was, always will be. This agenda is running all the way through all of the institutions from the earliest of years, and it.
Speaker 3: Does not stop once high school finishes. Right through the universities, and mcquarie University has students been forced to sit through a series of far left learning modules and in these modules they are reportedly told that if you are living in Australia and you are not Aboriginal or Torres Strait islander, well you're a settler and deaf, war a guest and Colin and I guess I understand then why we need to have all these welcome to countries because the message there is this isn't really your country.
Speaker 4: It's not very inclusive, is it.
Speaker 3: Well no, I've always said, as a migrant, I see these acknowledgment of countries welcome to countries. Not only do I see them as incoherent in many cases, but it's a pc way of.
Speaker 4: Saying, go back to where you came from. This place isn't yours.
Speaker 3: You're not as entitled to feel this is yours as somebody else based on ethnicity.
Speaker 4: I mean that is so toxic.
Speaker 1: And how long do you have to be here before they will consider you Australian? I mean at what stage?
Speaker 4: Who am I? Who are you?
Speaker 1: I mean you're an immigrant? You know I'm born here, like we're all Australian. And this is the device.
Speaker 4: You're a sessler.
Speaker 3: This isn't If you go to mccurra University, you'll be taught that doesn't matter. If you go back seven generations and you have no other country in the world where you have an allegiance or a link, you are still a sessler.
Speaker 4: You're a guest.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and so then reader, it's not I wonder that our young people don't want to defend Australia.
Speaker 4: We did a survey that showed.
Speaker 1: That almost half of our young eighteen to twenty four year olds, if we're in the same situation as Ukraine right now, they would not stay and fight. And why would you If you've been told all along you don't belong you hear, your presence is illegitimate, why would you stay in fight?
Speaker 3: Well, the whole country is not legitimate. There is on stolen land. There was an invasion, there was a genocide. When if you're taught to be ashamed of your history, why would you go to wolf to try to defend that country?
Speaker 7: Correct?
Speaker 1: And we spend all this money on universities.
Speaker 4: We want.
Speaker 1: The return on investment is to have a workforce and a future generation that are independent and capable people.
Speaker 4: But what we're churning out is just a bunch of activists.
Speaker 3: We are, and a bunch of self loathing activists. It's not even healthy activism. It's not actually activism that I don't know. It could be enriching and make them happy and make them productive. Before you go the IPA's education program class action, it's had a tell me about that, and tell me in thirty seconds how you're countering the madness that's happening.
Speaker 1: So we change it from class Actions now called the IPAs Schools Program because it was sort of confused with being to do with law that wasn't helpful. What we're doing is providing free curriculum materials for teachers. They can download it free from the IPS from Schools program dot org dot au website. We've also done things like given every primary school in the country a board game about the First Fleet that positions the story of who we are and how we can you know the Australian, the first Fleet and the arrival of that. All of our curriculum materials are free. It's a balanced view of our history. We have a history to be proud of and we should be proud of it, and the children should be learning to be proud of it and to know the facts, like the balance, So just.
Speaker 3: To know the facts, just to actually get something other than this black armband view of our entire history.
Speaker 4: Colin Harkn, thanks so much for problem still to come. A left is a losing it.
Speaker 3: The spat between President Trump and President Zelenski intensifies. Koshagaida is here to break it down.
Speaker 4: Welcome back.
Speaker 3: Now it's time for lefties losing it and let's have a gander. The Oscars the night devoted to celebrating excellence in cinema.
Speaker 4: Well, except it's not anymore.
Speaker 3: It's a massive leftist snallfest featuring a bunch of pretentious films. No one's brought it to watch but satisfy the Academy's diversity quotas or inclusion standards, as they call it, And of course they started the ceremony with an incoherent land acknowledgment delivered by actress Julianne Hoff.
Speaker 8: We gather in celebration of the Oscars on the ancestral lands of the Tonga, Tatavium and Chumash peopils, the traditional caretakers of this water and land. We honor in p our respects to indigenous communities here and around the world.
Speaker 4: The what tribe? Now?
Speaker 3: Didn't they slaughter the previous tribes that lived there? Matt Walsh tweeted this response to the Oscars vacuous virtue signaling. He wrote, she paid homage to the Tomba tribe, But the Toma moved into southern California thousands of years after he had already been occupied by more ancient tribe. They killed and displaced the inhabitants and took over. If they get to claim the title of indigenous, then so do we.
Speaker 4: Interesting interesting point.
Speaker 3: They're almost like lands and people have been conquered over and over again throughout history, and perhaps assigning collective guilt or collective reverence and praise to people based on their color or ethnicity is not the best of ideas. But back to the Oscars, and when you think about what a far left lunatic asylum Hollywood has become, then you won't be surprised that the most nominated film this year was a Mexican musical about a transgender cartel leader. Now really, the film Emilia Perez, had thirteen nominations, including for Best Picture, and he even scored a Best Actress nomination for a dude identifying as a woman, Carla Sophia Gascon.
Speaker 4: In the end, the.
Speaker 3: Film won two Oscars, including for Best Supporting Actress for Zoe Saldana.
Speaker 4: And let's have a look at her stellar work. This is just amazing man two woman? Is it for you?
Speaker 9: For me?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 3: She got an oscar for that, and the audience those crazy enough to sit through that entire film got an edge education in all the different types of trans operations.
Speaker 7: Blasi lab, blasi, control, Lavin, god blastin, what is that?
Speaker 4: Adama?
Speaker 3: And it's not just actors who've been spewing activist nonsense. Seeinger Pink is never one to miss out on an opportunity to make a full of herself.
Speaker 4: He she is earlier in the year claiming that.
Speaker 7: What ladies and gentlemen and every other gender that absolutely exists.
Speaker 5: I give you the incredible genre.
Speaker 4: Yeah, but they don't pink. There are two, count them two.
Speaker 3: Everything else's performative attention seeking. Now to a transactivist posing this important question, the answer is quite obvious, I would have thought, but sadly lost on this soul.
Speaker 10: So trans people are considered a danger to women in sports, yet they're considered a weakness to the United States military.
Speaker 4: Make it make sense, MAGA.
Speaker 3: I would have thought, that's because the US Army isn't fighting against female combatants exclusively. If it were, then perhaps your question would be valid. But alas, you just went and made a massive full of yourself and provided more content for lefties losing it.
Speaker 4: So I do thank you for that. Let's have a look now at.
Speaker 3: The great work of Charlie Kirk. He goes to university campuses around America debating lost lefties, and this next gal needs all the help she can get.
Speaker 11: Let's say there's you know, a black kid right now? Would you rather have that black kid have a role model be Kendrick Lamar or Clarence.
Speaker 8: Thomas Kendrick obviously.
Speaker 11: So not the not the black American on the United States Supreme Court.
Speaker 8: No, he's he's trying to ban interracial marriage.
Speaker 4: He's trying to like do it.
Speaker 11: Wow, he's in an interracial marriage. He literally like he's married to a white woman. Yeah, I know the Roe v.
Speaker 12: Wage thing, Like goes again, he's trying.
Speaker 11: To ban his own marriage.
Speaker 4: Yes, what can you say?
Speaker 3: But it's not just the students, it's the teachers too that Charlie Kirk has exposed for being out a fools. Here he asks the teacher a simple question, what is a woman? The guy thinks he's prepared for this obvious question, but watching flounder.
Speaker 11: For teacher, Yes, what is a woman?
Speaker 6: What is a woman?
Speaker 2: Oh?
Speaker 6: Buddy?
Speaker 12: Hi?
Speaker 6: So we define gender as a set of preferences that you have, excuse me, gender, gender the set of preferences we have women. Woman is a social construct that we've agreed upon. Typically we imagine womanhood as makeup or whatever it is. There is a difference between the word woman and being a biological female. Women is a social construct that we use. Listen for a suck, I'm telling you what it means.
Speaker 4: There you go.
Speaker 3: It's just a set of preferences, a social constructs. So if you like makeup and the color pink, then you're a woman. I mean, can you get more backward than that? They had more enlightened values in the nineteen twenties. These are the so called progressives these days, that's what they call themselves. And now, educator, I continue to dig himself a hole trying to answer a question which a child could easily answer.
Speaker 6: Women is a social construct. We agree on these set of preferences. If I tell you that I'm a man is because I want you to know that I'm like these set of preferences. If I tell you I'm a woman, is because I want you to know that I agree with these set of preferences.
Speaker 11: And men give birth?
Speaker 6: Can men? Or can males? If you listen to your bio professors, you'd understand there's the difference between biology and what we think.
Speaker 11: Of I want to thank you for proving a great point. Well, you are why we should eliminate the Department of Education.
Speaker 6: Thank you very much.
Speaker 3: That is scary. That is who's teaching your kids. That's why you save up for those college fees. I'll tell you, Charlie Kirk is so effective because he just gives them enough rope and they do the rest and no wonder the lefties are tearing down posters for his events.
Speaker 4: Look at this mug entitled brat Why do you feel they need to do that?
Speaker 8: Why do you feel they need to do that?
Speaker 4: Why do you feel they need to tip tear posters? Dound? Okay, I don't like them?
Speaker 7: Why I think.
Speaker 4: You know what? Why?
Speaker 3: Joining me now is Sky News contributor Kosher Gator Kosher Let's jump into the intensifying war of words between President Trump and President Zelenski, who has completely shifted from pledging to negotiate a piece still, President Zelenski now says the end of the war is very very far away, a statement that has seen a swift response from the White House.
Speaker 10: He said he thinks it was going to go on for a long time, and he'd better not be right about that. That's all I'm saying.
Speaker 3: President Trump also wrote, this is the worst statement that could have been made by Zelenski, and America.
Speaker 4: Will not put up with it for much longer. Kosher Trump also.
Speaker 3: Pointed out in that statement the Kiir Starmer's comments and the comments from other European leaders who have pledged to support Ukraine. They've also said they can't do the job without the US. That's an important point that much of the media has missed, and I do wonder how that's going to happen with relations at this point.
Speaker 12: So as the dust from that dust up settles, there's a picture that's clarifying it's coming out, which is, on the one hand, you have a war that is not winnable and was never winnable without the US and the US involvement in large, large measure to the tune of one hundred billion a year or more, plus this looming specter of security guaranties in whatever shape or form that took or was implied under the past administration for four years. And on the other hand, you have an election that took place, and Trump is a reflection of that election, which is that the American electorate has long time not been in favor of this. It is dropping like a stone their support for the level of US involvement, and Trump is reflecting that and personifying that. And it seems like President Zelenski has not caught up to that. He hasn't updated his software yet in his mind. Maybe it's his own failing, Maybe it's that he's just been in sort of the eastern East Coast, West coast bubbles whenever he visits, and he doesn't understand the pulse of the American.
Speaker 3: Electric really is advised better than that. This is what was astonishing to so many. It was astonishing to me. It was astonishing to a lot of pro Ukrainian experts who been commenting on this crisis for three years, that he seemed to think it was twenty twenty or twenty twenty two. He did not go into that meeting with any sort of appreciation of how the public mood has shifted. What Trump can paint on and this is not a position Trump has come to just in the last week.
Speaker 4: He can paignt on this.
Speaker 3: It should be crystal clear where the current administration stads.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, it's where he has stood previously, even before he entered political office. He has long time been against US involvements. He's very much a non interventionalist. Everybody knows this. To the point of advice, It almost sounds like to the contrary, he's been getting really bad advice because he met with Democrat senators before that meeting, like one hour before that infamous meeting, had bad move and received advice from Mark Kelly and Murphy of Connecticut and others who seemed to have They ran to their ex feeds afterwards and presented little snippets where they were saying, we think it's a bad deal. It's reducing this to business transaction, et cetera. So he seems to totally have misread how serious Trump and Vance are. These are not just words. And now there's reports that they're cutting off potentially all aid, humanitarian and military. So these stakes just got a lot higher for him.
Speaker 3: I think that is that pause is going to be the wake up call that we need now that if you actually do want to have any sort of meaningful, lasting piece, you have to come to the negotiation table with the willingness to negotiate. Otherwise we're going to have another three years of this disastrous war that the destruction in Ukraine in particular is just heartbreaking now Donald Trump. Kosher also pointed out Kiir Starmer's comments, and there's been a lot of commentary about those comments and that of other leaders who've pledged to stand by Ukraine.
Speaker 4: Let's have a listen to what Kiir Starmer had to say.
Speaker 2: The UK has prepared to back this with boots on the ground and planes in the air. Together with others, Europe must do the heavy listing. But to support peace in our continent and to succeed this effort must have strong US backing. We're working with the US on this point after my meeting with President Trump last week. And let me be clear, we agree with the President on the urgent need for a durable peace Kosher.
Speaker 3: He went very quickly there, from boots on the ground to this plan is dependent on the US backing it too. He agreed with President Trump about the urgent need for a durable peace.
Speaker 4: How do you see that statement?
Speaker 3: Because people have listened to that first section about boots on the ground, the whole thing only goes for thirty seconds, and they seem to have disregarded the subsequent twenty seconds.
Speaker 12: And in this datage of social media, you can just clip what you need and then engineering narrators around that. But it's really it was funny for me because it reminded me of that great quote from the lead and Greed Margaret Thatcher, who's seat he currently sits in, who said the problem with socialism has eventually you run out of other people's money, and he and all of Europe is kind of showing that not at a national level, but at a global level. Easy for them to talk tough when it relies on spending American money and maybe American troops. You can add troops to that sentence in addition to money. And so they're all paper tigers. And this Ukraine thing is sort of a flashpoint and what Trump is trying to do in terms of recalibrating the European US alliance as it released to defense more broadly, and this is just an accelerant, I think, to that endgame that he wants to get to.
Speaker 3: And we do hear a lot from the European countries about how much they're doing for Ukraine, how much money they're contributing, how strong their support is. Meanwhile, this is the reality there. You imported Russian fossil fuels in the third year of the evasion. The amount that they imported surpassed the eighteen point seven billion of financial aid they sent to Ukraine in twenty twenty four. So Kosha, on the one hand, they are providing some aid, none of them as much as the US, but they're also enriching Russia because there are inn energy policies are so broken that they have become reliant on Russia for their energy.
Speaker 12: That's such a great point because there's been a lot of focus on one side of the ledger, which is how much money the US is spending versus them on defense, and there's some dispute around the number we've put into Ukraine. But the point is nobody disputes of the US is carrying the line's share of it. But the other side of the ledsuer what you're showing is fascinating too, because if they really cared, they would, I don't know, Germany would turn back on their nuclear industry that they decimated for green and other reasons. That would be one way to weaken them, maybe buy more from the US, maybe cut other types of deals. They're not doing that, so it's all talk, little action unless it's easy action like sanctioning Russia or freezing some of their assets in the banking sector. They've done a little bit there, but not really much more. And unless Zelensky comes back to the table, I think you're just going to see this whole trend continue, and.
Speaker 3: All this talk about the Trump administration is pro Russia propute to this absolute idiom nonsense.
Speaker 4: Passing for analysis, let's not forget.
Speaker 3: Even in the first Trump term, he was in Europe telling Germany and other countries do not become reliant on Russian energy. It is a weakness, and they laughed at him Kosher. They did not heed that advice at all. And here we are where they are emboldening, enriching the Putin regime at a time when they're saying that we stand with Ukraine.
Speaker 12: Great point, and so many of the things that Trump says, they age really well when they come out of his mouth.
Speaker 4: People don't like them.
Speaker 12: He's a little bit coarse, he's a little bit rough around the edges, but they always age and he always ends up being true. And that was something that was very prescient, as are many other things that he said. And on the flip side, a lot of these European leaders are not exactly sympathetic figures. Certainly not kurre Steimer among the electorate, not Zelenski. A lot of people just don't like him personally in terms of his demeanor and the amount of travel he does. And he goes to awards shows and has rung the bell at the Stock Exchange.
Speaker 4: Fashion magazine.
Speaker 12: Yes, here's aisympthetic figure. And on the side. They're trying to paint Trump as a stewge of Russia, and that whole thing has lost as potency, so that's not going to work anymore.
Speaker 4: No, I think it had a bit more.
Speaker 3: Credibility when they were running that entire Russian collusion hoax, not credibility, that's the wrong word. But people were believing that hysteria. But since that's been completely debunked, it just sounds like desperation. And on Europe here is some more sobering data. Again, Europeans, many of them feel that Ukraine should be getting more support. The polling shows that you can see that there, but the polling also shows that they don't want that support to come for their country. As you can see, they're even the countries with the highest percentage of people wanting greater support for Ukraine, Denmark there is at the top of the list. Sixty six percent think Ukraine deserves more support, but only seventeen percent of Dan's kosher what.
Speaker 4: Denm to increase its support.
Speaker 3: It really just sums up this European virtue signaling where they talk a big game, but really even their own populations don't have the appetite for greater support and this is on their doorsteps.
Speaker 4: I don't know.
Speaker 3: I see how people think Americans should care more about this. You shouldn't have an America first approach in the United States when this conflict is in Europe and the Europeans seem to be a little bit apathetic about it.
Speaker 12: Yeah, it's going to be a big reckoning for them because the flip side of them stepping up spending on defense and maybe them providing the security guarantee is going to mean cutting back spending, austerity measures, these big lavish social safety nets that Europe has loved and had for half a century. There are meaningful repercussions from this for them to kind of recalibrate their approach to government as a whole. And the other thing about that is that's very useful. Is it gets to the crux of the point, which is, yes, we all support this war ending, We support Ukraine's right to sovereignty. We certainly support their soldiers and civilians who've been harmed and killed and injured and displaced. We support democracy. Everybody supports those things. But when the rubber hits the road, what does it mean in terms of prioritization and you as a nation spending money and spending troops to do that. That's where things shift because we live in reality, we don't live in utopia. And that's when that even the DN see that, and everybody sees it, but the leaders don't seem to want to acknowledge it.
Speaker 3: Well, most people do see it, but sadly the bulk of the media seems to be not living in reality. They're living in some fantasy world. Well, it's some sort of Greta Thumberg approach to geopolitics, where you know what you want to happen must happen regardless of the reality. And the reality is Ukraine is losing this war. America doesn't want to keep funding it. And either you surrender to Russia, which nobody wants. You keep fighting with backing of European countries and the US soldiers on the ground, which could spark World War III with a nuclear power.
Speaker 4: I don't think anybody wants that either.
Speaker 3: Or you negotiate a peace still that's advantageous to Ukraine. And that's where we were before this meltdown in the Oval Office, and we've seen many pro Ukraine foreign policy experts, those who have championed extra funding for Ukraine from the US have admired Zelenski for many years, be appalled by his antics in the White House and what has followed, and among them is Washington Post columnist Mark Theeson, who has written a piece that saying Zelenski must mend the breach with Trump or resign. Koshiki details Zelenski's conduct in that fifty minute press conference leading up to that clash. Everyone's seen the clash, but what led up to it that fifteen minutes. If you've watched the entire thing, it gives you a very different perspective. And he called presidents Ski's behavior unnecessary and reckless and questioned why he'd be so rude to Trump in front of the media when Trump was offering him a really advantageous deal. He was getting a great deal of what he wanted, and there were even concessions made, you know, quite late in proceedings.
Speaker 12: When you've last Mark Theesen and Lindsey Graham, by the way, who's been on a fire excoriating Zelenski, he was the most pro war US involvement senator that we have. That is a signal that he did misstep here in the not everybody in international media and even US media seeing it that way. And this was a great piece pae Mark Deson because he went through the entire forty nine minutes and forty of those forty nine minutes where actually Trump was very magnanimous, very cordial, and throughout that time there are multiple points at which Zelenski was kind of golding him.
Speaker 3: When you watch the whole thing, I've got to say, one of the more shocking things was how patient President Trump was.
Speaker 4: That's not his style.
Speaker 3: He lets so much go to the keeper until at at some point it was too much and he had to step in and check Zelenski. But there was a lot of disrespect, a lot of behavior that.
Speaker 4: Trump would normally tolerate up until that point.
Speaker 12: Absolutely, and that point was when he said. Zelenski said that you know what, you will feel it too, because you have an ocean. That's why you don't feel it.
Speaker 4: Now, you will feel it too.
Speaker 12: And at that moment you can see Trump's entire demeanor change. His face lit up, and he said, American people are watching this.
Speaker 4: You do not come here.
Speaker 12: You're in no position to see that.
Speaker 3: Absolutely, and it was an astonishing comment to suggest that America somehow should be fearful of a Russian invasion. Koshigeta, thank you so much for your time. Pleasure still to come, Milania Trump at the Capitol.
Speaker 4: Why is the First Lady becoming increasingly political? Alex Steyne is unleased.
Speaker 3: You're watching the Reader Penny Show, and now the world's media is again engaging in hyperbole, shrieking in unison about President Trump's attempts to engineer a peace still between Russia and Ukraine.
Speaker 4: But Donald Trump's approach, one he.
Speaker 3: Articulated at length during the election campaign, is actually popular with Americans who are sick of funding these endless wars. Even CNN can't deny that reality.
Speaker 11: Well, I think the easiest way we can kind of just ask this is do Americans like the way that Trump's handling his job in compared to how they felt about Joe Biden?
Speaker 4: So this is the net approval rating.
Speaker 11: You look at Joe Biden back in twenty twenty four, he was twenty two points underwater.
Speaker 4: Holy cow, you look at Donald Trump. It's just a different planet entirely.
Speaker 10: I mean, the gulf between these two is wider than the Gulf of America or Mexico, depending on which side of the are you stand on He's at plus two.
Speaker 4: So look at this.
Speaker 6: Particular point, Americans are giving Donald Trump the benefit of the doubt.
Speaker 11: He's doing considerably better than Joe Biden was.
Speaker 4: Doing on the handling of the Russia Ukraine conflict.
Speaker 3: Joining me now is comic and host of Primetime with Alex Stein on Blaze TV. Alex Stein. Those numbers are for all voters, but among Republican voters, amongst Trumps supporters, the figures are much higher.
Speaker 4: And I've got to.
Speaker 3: Say it's mighty nice to see CNN forced to.
Speaker 4: Report all of that.
Speaker 7: Yeah, I know, it does feel nice to see them have to actually, you know, show Donald Trump in a positive light. But I still don't believe anything that's CNN posts with numbers. I don't trust them whatsoever. But listen, people are sick of it. There's people struggling in California with the wildfires, there's people struggling in North Carolina, and there's people that are just struggling because of the inflation that Biden caused us. So listen, we're sick of sending billions of dollars to Ukraine where American citizens on both sides of the aisle are struggling, So we're sick of this warrant in his end right now.
Speaker 3: Now, today we had the first Lady at the Capitol. She attended a roundtable in support of the Take It Down Act, is a bill that seeks to protect people from the others sharing non consensual sexually explicit images as well as deep fake pornography.
Speaker 4: It's a relatively new issue. Let's hear from Millennia.
Speaker 9: A fifteen year old, brave young woman, Aliston Spears, used AI to create non consensual intimate images of her and then spread the images across social media. They superimposed her face into pornographic content without her consent, solely to humilate Alex.
Speaker 3: I've always seen her as a massive asset and underutilized asset, I would argue in the Trump cap she's clearly passionate about this project.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, I think Taylor Swift will agree with Millennia that this is very important. And you know, this is a serious issue that happens with not just well known people on the Internet, but small unknown people. So you know, you have no privacy, and I'm happy that Milania is actually doing something to protect people's privacy.
Speaker 3: And well, I wasn't even aware that these deep fakes were being used, I don't know, to blackmail people, to intimidate them, so where they just manufacture pornography that features someone's face and then use that to terrorize them. So it is frightening what they're able to do these days.
Speaker 4: Alex.
Speaker 7: Oh yeah, I mean with technology, you can make anything look real. So it's a very scary dark future with the technology that they can do with all of this AI generated pornography. So this is necessary and I hope that we can stop it. But Reata, I don't know if you can stop AI generated images like this. It's just it's going to be difficult.
Speaker 3: Now I've got some good news, more good news from the border. Illegal crossings have plummeted further. Latest data shows that February was the lowest illegal crossings in history. That's the clime they're from the White House, just eight thousand to three hundred and twenty six.
Speaker 4: Alex.
Speaker 3: They said this couldn't be done. They said this was issues that were.
Speaker 4: That America could not address.
Speaker 3: The people were being persecuted in countries in South America and they were fleeing for their life and nothing was going to stop the flow of illegal immigrants, and Donald Trump within a month has got the numbers down to this.
Speaker 4: I mean, this is astonishing.
Speaker 7: Well, you know, and I'm not trying to lessen all the great work that Trump administration has done, but really and truly, they've just stopped people from coming here by not subsidizing their trips here by giving them free hotel rooms and free flights around the country. So, yes, Donald Trump is doing a great job. But all he had to do was say stop coming, not getting a free handout anymore, and now they can't afford to come here on their own. So Tom Holman's doing a great job. President Trump is doing a great job. But this is a simple problem that they could have solved four years ago. And listen, I understand there are people that are having issues in countries, and there are, you know, real reasons why a person would need to claim asylum, but we have had an open border policy where people have been able to manipulate it and just say that they're claiming asylum and come into our country and receive better social security benefits or social services than even some of our military veterans. So it's absolutely disgusting and the Trump administration has put their foot down, and now people are less motivated to come here and illegally across our border.
Speaker 3: Well, I always knew that this would happen, but the speed at which it has happened has surprised me.
Speaker 4: It has just been.
Speaker 3: Amazing how quickly they have just pulled those pull factors off the table. And guess what if you take the sugar off the table, the numbers stop coming.
Speaker 4: Canada and Mexico, I'm very happy they've run out of time. The tariffs are right.
Speaker 11: Is there any room left for Canada and Mexico to make a deal before midnight?
Speaker 6: And should we expect those Chinese tariffs the extra extra ten percent.
Speaker 10: To take a room left or Mexico or for Canada. No, the tariffs, you know, they're all set. They go into effect.
Speaker 3: Tomorrow, alex We know Canada and Mexico understandably unhappy about all this.
Speaker 4: What's the reaction being in.
Speaker 3: The States because imports from those countries are going to cost more? Is there any sort of a backlash to these tariffs?
Speaker 7: You know, I do think there is going to be a you know, a temporary backlash where you know, it's going to cost us some money in the short term, but I think in the long term it's going to be better for our country if we can actually, you know, tax these people correctly, because we've been giving them basically free money, and Mexico needs to play ball, and I don't think they've done enough, and they haven't stepped up to the plate enough and to satisfy Donald Trump. So at this point, I think they're necessary, and yes, we are going to feel the pain. But now you see car manufacturers saying they're gonna build cars, They're gonna build Hondas in America. So in the end it will be better for our country, even though it might hurt in.
Speaker 11: The short term.
Speaker 3: Well, yeah, this is all about long term boosting manufacturing in America, boosting investment, and making it an even bigger economic powerhouse. Now I have to ask you about the oscars before you go. They were on overnight. What was the highlight for you? There were so many highlights.
Speaker 7: Oh my gosh, what a virtue signal fest. I do have to say. I thought Conan O'Brien did a good job, and I really liked Adam Sandler, you know, wearing his basketball shorts. That was the highlight of the night for me. But you know, just the virtue signaling and the Academy. But you know what, Reta, Do you remember how cool the Academy Awards used to be. Everybody was watching it. I mean there was a Sunday night the whole world watched it. Now nobody cares. So Hollywood has lost its luster. And it's actually a sad sight to see because I didn't see one of the movies nominated this year. You need to make better stuff that you know people can relate.
Speaker 3: To, and they need to actually remove all these diversity requirements for nominees and also, yeah, make better movies, pick better options.
Speaker 4: But I don't think you're alone.
Speaker 3: I think many people have not seen or even heard of some of these nominations, and it's lost all relevance. It's no longer a night where you tune in eagerly to see who's going to be the best actor and the best actress. And I was surprised. I've got to say, though, that there wasn't more political activism. There's a teeny tiny bit, but given that it's the first month of Trump's second term, I was expecting to see speech after speech after speech decrying the state of America and Maga and all things Trump.
Speaker 4: But I don't know.
Speaker 3: Even Hollywood appears to have read the room, Alex Stein, It's always a pleasure. Thank you so much for your time tonight.
Speaker 7: Thank you for having me read. Always a pleasure.
Speaker 4: And that's all the time we have tonight.
Speaker 3: I'll see you tomorrow night at eleven, but don't go anywhere near.
Speaker 4: Tonight is up next