Speaker 1: Get every Day, Adelaides, Welcome to the podcast, Everybody. Your text for Tayte code word is coming up very shortly. But first, have you ever brought a gun on a work colleague?
Speaker 2: I'm pointing a gun at Joey right now, I know, and.
Speaker 1: You're saying work with me and love it like I do.
Speaker 2: Andrew who they're happy to you right, yeah.
Speaker 1: Don't kill we thanks very much. Hey, enjoy this cop who took real umbrage to someone well spoiling his favorite TV show.
Speaker 2: There's one thing that irks people on this planet, probably more than most. I reckon go on then, and that's when co workers, because you get really excited when you've seen a movie or a series spoil the ending.
Speaker 1: Ah who does that?
Speaker 2: And it happens as across the board, including to the upper echelon of society, and that is police women and children as no place children, just police women and men. A cop in New South Wales found guilty of pulling a gun on his co worker who threatened to spoil top gun. Maverick, thirty year old police offer from US from New South Wales. Dom Gainer pled guilty to carrying a firearm with disregard Caustim Morgan. Royson had threatened to spoil the movie your Top Gun Maverick, prompting Gaynor to respond by pointing his gun at Royston, uttering, don't spoil the movie. I'll shit you, despite Gainer's laughter during the incident, because you know it's funny when you waving a gun someone's face.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and treating a gun with disregard.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Royston suffered emotional distress and a loss of trust in the police force, so Gayner received a two year community correction, one hundred hours of community service, and a recorded conviction, potentially ending his police career.
Speaker 1: I was gonna say, is he still on the force, but he's just on like warnings.
Speaker 2: He's in no man's land. Yeah, but he probably didn't have Top Gun Maverick spoiled for him, So that's a bus Yeah.
Speaker 1: So who's winning in this situation? And he's my question?
Speaker 2: Right. I love spoiling the end of a series or a movie because I can't help it. You just want to spread the good word.
Speaker 1: No, No, I think you're going about this all the wrong way. Don't ruin things for people.
Speaker 2: I know, but when Breaking Bad finished, I just wanted to scream it from a mountaintop that Heisenberg's dead. I want to start conversation breaking birds ages ago. It was ages ago.
Speaker 1: I've never watched it.
Speaker 2: You're kidding, aren't you. Well, Heisenberg's dead and he ain't coming back alroad?
Speaker 3: Why do you do it?
Speaker 2: He got shot because it's a good conversation starting.
Speaker 1: It's not as a conversation ender because people walk out of the room going hazy.
Speaker 2: Such a Yeah, I'm not a news breaker. Okay, that's all the news that I can break.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: I remember that time as well that I tried to break to you. What happened in succession?
Speaker 1: Oh my god, given you fire. I wanted to murder you.
Speaker 2: You didn't want to murder.
Speaker 1: I was onto the last season and you've got Oh what about when I've got.
Speaker 2: See I reckon? If you did have access to a gun as well, you would have had a red hole crack at murdering me.
Speaker 1: Oh yes, isn't a question about that?
Speaker 2: Yeah, which is completely fine because had that happened, I can tell you exactly how it would have played out. This is you or me in the hospital in my last moments. Jody, You're crazy, old duck. Come here much time? Left, go here, come here, please get to us and close. I just want to say before I go that Logan roy dies and succession is really boring. After that, I'm dead, and then there's ghost me watching gun god worth it.
Speaker 1: Do you want to know the most offensive thing about that? You just caught me a crazy old duck before time.
Speaker 2: In real life? I'm dead?
Speaker 1: What if you can book your hotel now and choose to pay when you get there.
Speaker 2: With thousands of flexible booking options in select days, you're only a what if away.
Speaker 1: From your next look on the what is it for travel?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: If you've been hanging around for the text for Tata code word, you're out of luck because we've forgotten it.
Speaker 1: My brain is a sieve.
Speaker 2: Just kidding. It's love l O V.
Speaker 1: We love love.
Speaker 2: Yeah, okay, good luck. And in the meantime, let's speak all things about Robbie Williams. He's quite the complex character.
Speaker 1: My goodness. I have absolutely devoured his documentary and man, he's he he complex. So that man will no doubt be performing that song in just over a week's time right here in Adelaide at the VAILO five hundred.
Speaker 2: How Robbie Williams.
Speaker 1: I am so excited. Let me ask you this question, Andrew Hayes, and a question for everyone playing along at home. If you have that opportunity to watch your life back thus far on film, that is exactly what Robbie Williams has done.
Speaker 2: Tough Time for young man it is.
Speaker 1: That's what Robbie Williams did in his latest documentary. And he did it in his undies, in his bedroom because he's an absolute reclose. Now he said, if I'm not on stage, then I'm in my bedroom.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, that's how you do it. That's when you know your genuine rock stary. You can do things like this, a genuine documentary in your undies.
Speaker 1: So three decades worth of stuff since he was sixteen in take that. Let me repeat that, sixteen in Take that in the biggest one of the biggest boy bands. It was like the UK version of you Know and Sync and he was a baby and he was performing with guys that were a lot older than him too, So it documents his entire relationship history. So did you remember he went out with Nicole Appleton from All Saints?
Speaker 4: No?
Speaker 2: I did not know that. I don't know much about Roby Williams to be honest.
Speaker 1: So Nicole Appleton, who was also in one of the biggest girl bands on the planet. He actually asked her to marry him, and he did it from his tour bus on the phone. Have a listen, Uh, Nicky, will you marry me?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: Okay?
Speaker 4: All right?
Speaker 2: Then bye, all right? Then bye bye. So do you want to exactly who Nicky is? All Sacks from Absolute Dynasty as well.
Speaker 1: He calls them the grumpy Spice Girls, the more serious Spice Girls. But the man did some stuff. And when I say some stuff, I mean this stuff.
Speaker 2: I'm suggesting everything that I could get my hands. One may see cocaine drinking. I'm literally drinking like a bottle of vodka a night before going into rehearsals. He would seem a great man. Had some substance abuse issues.
Speaker 1: Yeah, winterb rehab a few times. It never really worked until he met his current wife who obviously they've got four children together. Much happier story in the end. But he also performed at a concert in front of eighty thousand people and had a full on panic attack, full blown panic attack. So you know that fear you and I sometimes have where he's standing on TV or you're doing radio and you don't know what you say or what you're doing, and everything's a folk that happened to him for a two hour concert.
Speaker 2: Wow.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And it got to the point where he said, either I give up my career or I die. So he was doing all that stuff just to deal with all the anxiety of being on stage. Isn't that wild that he's crazy?
Speaker 2: Because you see on the outside, all you see is just a bloke who seems like the most confident, perfect flaw assuming you could possibly imagine.
Speaker 1: So again, I repeat, he's here in a week, so you just assume that he's overcome a lot of those demons and he has now the ability to harness that energy and enjoy it on stage. Let's hope so, because I'd hate to think that you're watching him next Sunday week and he's on stage hating life and hating everything about being out there performing, even though he's so bloody good at it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, you genuinely think as well. For brob Williams, it just seems like the most easy going bloke of all time. But what you realize and what you learn quickly and what we've learned really really recently is everyone's got their own battles going on.
Speaker 1: Everyone's got their own demons, don't they. Anyway, Let's hope you sings. Angel's where you're waking up to Adelaide The news today, breaking news.
Speaker 2: What's the news today?
Speaker 1: Snooziness. This is all the news that you're waking up to this morning. As per usual, we go to the absolute dawan of news and that is abby in the news room, doesn't it.
Speaker 3: It does some days. Other day is not so much.
Speaker 2: Tuesday is a good though, Yeah, they are.
Speaker 3: We're going to start with COVID.
Speaker 5: No, we're not back in twenty nineteen, twenty twenty, but masks have made it comeback in some of our hospitals because we're seeing COVID numbers rise again. So a month ago they were around eight hundred cases a week. Now it's up around two and a half thousand, so there's been a quite a sharp increase. And so the Lyle McEwen and mod Brea in clinical settings.
Speaker 3: The people who work there will be required to wear masks. Again.
Speaker 5: It's not a directive from the government this time, but the government are essentially saying it's up to the hospitals as to how they want to manage this. So it's up to hospitals to say yes, people need to put masks on or not. So Yeah, another COVID wave. Just when we sort of thought it'd pete it out.
Speaker 1: I guess goodness me, I'd hope we can keep a lid on it so it doesn't become what it became before, which was an absolute nightmare.
Speaker 5: Well that's it, but now there's so many different variants. It's obviously not as strong as what it was. Like most people I know who have COVID or sick, it's almost like a flu in that seah. Obviously if you're vulnerable or older people, babies, things like that are more susceptible to having things go wrong.
Speaker 2: Absolutely genuinely moved on from COVID. Please don't make it come back. You have have it.
Speaker 3: I've never had it.
Speaker 2: Really really can watch this.
Speaker 3: If you come near me and kiss me again, we're going to have issues.
Speaker 1: News notes, So what about this? My kids came home from school yesterday and said our school excursion to Gornell Beach has been canceled. Oh no, because of.
Speaker 2: Sharks, sharks sun baking on the beach.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I was water are you talking about So the essay. Education Department has banned all school beach activities after that poor woman was bitten by a shark on Friday down at portn Nor longer. So a quartering activities are prohibited for the remainder of the school turns.
Speaker 2: That's unbelievable. I wonder now the kids coming through, if you've got a different sort of idea or viewing of the ocean, what's the age you're like, Oh, I'm bit scared of the ocean because there's so many sharks in there. Obviously, we never had that when we're kids. You just sort of go in there, have a paddle.
Speaker 1: Well, my ten year old sad to me last night, I'm never going in the water again. So you do wonder about what impact that will have on these little kids, psyche, don't you If they're being told you can't swim at the beach for the rest of the year because it's not safe. Gosh, how does that set them up for the rest of their little lives.
Speaker 5: I had a friend who her kids were at the beach when the attack happened, and they freaked out a little bit.
Speaker 3: You know, mummy, what's going on?
Speaker 5: And she's trying to be as open with them as she can, but not be too open. But yeah, pretty horrific. And for kids to see that. I mean, it's a part of life and we have to learn that as we get older.
Speaker 3: But I don't swim when I go to the.
Speaker 1: Beach, don't you nap Okay, I'm.
Speaker 2: An awful swimmer. That's why I don't swim. Nothing to do with sharks. I could possibly drown in the shallows.
Speaker 1: If you can't swim. While you always getting around without a shirt on, you're going swimming, I know that's.
Speaker 2: I always pretend like I'm on the way to the beach, but I'm not going in the war. I'm just trying to get sun kissed, all those types of things.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's very complicated, isn't it.
Speaker 2: Red hot mess Speaking of red hot messes, let's talk about the wiz Yes, Recapa the rest of that. So it shuts wrapped round a banana.
Speaker 1: Ild you not sing it?
Speaker 2: Whiz Warri Kappa has announced his latest business venture, a string of brothels across the country, of course, and the Colorful Character says it could include one in Adelaide, though South Australia is at sex work laws currently won't allow it. The secrets out works back in town for all your needs.
Speaker 1: So Melbourne, Sidney that's the plan.
Speaker 2: Anywhere else probably national. I'm beginning the Adelaide City churches. Imagine dropping the city of Churches in the same sentence as you promoting a bunch of office.
Speaker 1: The Wizard is amazing, isn't he?
Speaker 2: The Wiz is just you know, everyone's sort of got that one mate who's outrageous, but he gets away with it because he's outrageous. Yes, like everyone knows someone who says stupid, stupid things, but because it's him and the way that he delivers it, he can get away with it. Worried Kappa at a.
Speaker 1: National level, now, I know that you wouldn't go to visit for any other purposes other than to see Warwick. Would you? You'd rock up at reception. He's there a reception only, no.
Speaker 2: Reception like AQ of three, but he can leap like a flea. Worried Kappa and the Wizard come out.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you would roll o and go. No, no, no, no need for any of that is Warriki though, Yeah.
Speaker 2: Just a quick story producing Emily, you've met Warrick Kappa.
Speaker 4: You met him on night I did picture at twenty seventeen. I'm in Melbourne for a massive event that we don't need.
Speaker 1: To talk about. The Crow's losing grandpa. Yeah, yeah, thanks Jodie.
Speaker 4: The night before though, we were there, Thank you, Thank.
Speaker 3: Are you guys done?
Speaker 1: No? And then they went on a.
Speaker 4: Camp all right, I think we need to wrap this up anyway. I met wore A Kapa the night before in the hotel we were staying out. There was a bar down there and I was there four or five double a and he walked in and started drinking with all of us and got a photo with him, and I think it was about nine o'clock and he was like, all right, guys, see you later, and then walks out into the lobby with his arm around two ladies and they went upstairs.
Speaker 1: Classic Wiz had a great time. Oh no, he was just recruiting for his new business exactly. That's all he was doing.
Speaker 5: That's where the idea came from.
Speaker 2: Yah, that's your post a snooze news. The six fifteen machine quiz.
Speaker 1: Well, this is how this works this morning.
Speaker 3: Three questions.
Speaker 1: You get the third one right, then you get a crack at the vending machine. Which is jam packed full of the coolest prizes you will ever see. We've got Belo Adelaide five hundred Friday After Concert Series tickets, family passed to see the Sixers, tickets to Cheese Best and more. Let's go to Norell from Glengowrie. Hey, Norell, good morning.
Speaker 6: How are you bo?
Speaker 1: That's nice? Thank you. You'll have to call up for a coffee and come and visit our sagurday. Have a Latai's day for an a cafe.
Speaker 2: Okay, all right, she's not kay all good. I wonder if it's because of the general.
Speaker 1: Maybe intimidating little peacock can be very aggressive, can't it? Okay, Norell. First question for you this morning for the six fifteen Vending Machine quiz, what is a baby kangaroo called?
Speaker 3: Oh Joey? Well done?
Speaker 2: Somebody went to school?
Speaker 1: Good start, perfect, perfect stuff, NoREL. Question number two, Margot Robbie got her acting start on which Ossie TV soap Home and Away.
Speaker 2: It was one of.
Speaker 1: No I'm so sorry. Alicia from Craigmore, Good morning morning. That narrows the odds for this question. Margot Robbie got her acting start on which Ossi TV soap neighbours.
Speaker 2: Thought you were about to say a street it's not nice.
Speaker 1: Okay, here Elisa, question number three. You get this right, then you get your share of the booty bounty even let's go a bounty.
Speaker 2: I reckon share of the booty. My gosh, we've just been speaking about Warwick Kappa Lisha. It's all sort of grossly mixed together anyway.
Speaker 1: Feature which boy men sings this song?
Speaker 2: What do you reckon? Elisha? Boy Jane from Morse Lakes, Good morning, Good morning. How do you feel about Stephen bradbringing this thing with what talking about? Swoop in and get this last question?
Speaker 1: Welcome to my world where I don't know what he's talking about.
Speaker 2: Half the time old sports references. They'll get you boys to men or something like that. Maybe this is harder than people think. Just let it sink in there. They're all perfectly in time with their dancers.
Speaker 1: The one wear their puppets.
Speaker 2: Is it is?
Speaker 4: It is?
Speaker 2: It's a good one. I'm thirteen twenty four ten. Do you know the answer? Can you wrap up the six fifteen venue machine quiz for us? I did not thought this was reasonably easy? Is this a tough one us read Abbey, No, it's not.
Speaker 5: You know what annoyed me yesterday we mentioned the live golf event four times before.
Speaker 3: Anybody actually listening.
Speaker 2: No, really, it's a good question, says the person this morning who genuinely tuned in about six o six.
Speaker 1: The first Actually we actually said how many shark attacks this year? And then she goes, I think there's been full sharks.
Speaker 3: We just said that.
Speaker 2: Take one and know what?
Speaker 1: Goodness me? All right, Caitlin from Kapanda, good morning. Please bring this home for us. Which boy band sings this song?
Speaker 6: It is.
Speaker 2: Well done enough. We're going to get there at one stage.
Speaker 1: Okay, all right, all right, I need a letter from you. Between A and C please let's go smack bang them in on go be. I like it a number between two and six. Let's go four before B one and B two's distant cousin, yes.
Speaker 2: Second actually allowed to play it together because B four is bad news. Oh really? Is that really crazy? Cousin down the road?
Speaker 1: Yep, Okay, well there we go.
Speaker 2: Good luck. Caitlyn got a good feeling about this.
Speaker 1: I hope don't be the chips. Don't be the chips, because this has been a long journey to get here, hasn't it?
Speaker 4: Oh?
Speaker 1: This is good, Caitlin, You've won the two hundred dollars Fun Lab package.
Speaker 2: How good? That amazing?
Speaker 3: So good?
Speaker 1: Play the day where it fun Labs New Entertainment precinc It's opening in Rundle Places on November thirty. I think challenging rooms are k games, bowling, food and drinks. Absolutely awesome, Thank you so much, well done?
Speaker 2: Correct stuff there, she is reduces good morning.
Speaker 7: If you want to explain how this works for everyone, I do songs a song song song. We take nov hits and throwbacks or kestralize them best of three. The winner wins one hundred dollar Fast Past about you for their listener. Today On Team Jodie is Jess from Sebe Valley.
Speaker 2: Hello Jess, Hi.
Speaker 1: Hello Hi Jess and producers. Are we reliably influms me that you actually chose me? Which I don't know. I don't know if that was you drunk?
Speaker 4: Yes?
Speaker 2: I believed?
Speaker 4: Thanks you so.
Speaker 1: Nice, very kind of you.
Speaker 7: I mean, while Steph from Fairview Park got stuck with Hazy.
Speaker 2: Sorry Steph, you know what You're going to be my choice?
Speaker 3: Everyone loves everyone.
Speaker 2: That's nice.
Speaker 1: Let's keep that nice energy for lovely.
Speaker 3: First song, all.
Speaker 7: Right, first song take away?
Speaker 2: Gosh, just jo you feel seriously seriously, what's your approach you?
Speaker 1: What's your probably no one likes you for.
Speaker 7: Honestly you five seconds ago. I'm going to take it easy. I'm not going to be not going to be annoying.
Speaker 2: I'm not going to know what your approaches this time round.
Speaker 1: I don't have an approach a.
Speaker 2: Different types of methods. Look at him.
Speaker 6: Okay, No, I'm going to be like a horse with want to song number one.
Speaker 3: Taylor Swift.
Speaker 1: Romeo, take me somewhere.
Speaker 3: I can be your.
Speaker 1: Story. Please let me?
Speaker 2: No, no, no, no, Zoe, you would let so you can't sing the lyrics you didn't, So I'm going to say Taylor Swift love story. Oh God, So what's going on? Elais and generally said Zoe is tormed because she wants to give it to Jody. She knows sa.
Speaker 1: Same thing last week and Joe, you've got it.
Speaker 7: Joe, I'm going to give it to you this week because you said it before.
Speaker 8: He jumped in.
Speaker 1: God, so it's one zip.
Speaker 2: What are we doing integrity in this competition? Oh God, you're going to do crack like that. That's on you, producers.
Speaker 1: She did exactly what she did to you last Shame yourself.
Speaker 2: Stop dignity as an official in this space, stop it. She's a new official place. Busy Abs.
Speaker 8: Song number two, that's Jody.
Speaker 1: Shake it off.
Speaker 4: She got it off.
Speaker 9: Oh this is crazy.
Speaker 2: Wow, Jess, I can't believe that you got through first and you chose the right person.
Speaker 1: Oh, Jess, Jesse, good job, thank you, thank you so much for having faith in me. Do you know what I might have got the rare victory today, but I'm going to do it with humility. That's what I'm going to do.
Speaker 2: Seriously, from the bottom of my Hearty congratulations.
Speaker 4: Yep.
Speaker 7: Do you want to go for this?
Speaker 2: Is nice?
Speaker 1: Now?
Speaker 2: Do you want to go for a clean sweep? You have the opportunity, you do have there for a clean I'm happy. Do you want anyway you want? You want Queen Bee queens, then give me a clean sweep?
Speaker 9: You ready?
Speaker 1: Come on?
Speaker 2: There's been a theme, Olivia Rodrigo, is it?
Speaker 1: Kelsey Shush? There's been a theme this morning.
Speaker 3: Tyler's Sweet Jody.
Speaker 1: Yeah, song names Taylor Tyler Swift and it's bad bloody.
Speaker 9: Sorry very late.
Speaker 2: Oh that is a clean sweep. Yeah, right fast the past about you're going to Jessent Relations, jess. So here's the deal. It is now thirteen to six, so Joe's you have two weeks to get seven. You tell me you built a time machine on this daysy oh yeah, the Tuesday blues got them? Well you weren't this particular bit of anxiety or good. We'll get you back on straight and narrow and just sort of vi you in the right direction so you can do it all end this weekend visious cycle.
Speaker 1: Isn't it.
Speaker 2: Oh my god, such a rollergos. Let's take a little trip down memory lane. Let's go back to nineteen forty eight, the fourteenth of November. That's when King Charles the Third was born in Buckingham Palace, England. Today's his seventy fifth birthday. Happy birthday to you, Chuck.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Happy birth HB Chuck, h B Chuck Your.
Speaker 2: Big bad Boy. Nineteen eighty three, Michael Jackson's fourteen minute thriller video premiered in Los Angeles. That is a long video. That's a long music video.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it is also terrified me as a small chug Yes, like I couldn't watch it through scary.
Speaker 2: Who knew that the most terrifying part of Michael Jackson's career was what was actually happening behind scenes?
Speaker 9: Oh tear.
Speaker 2: Nonetheless, that's a much deeper, darker conversation. Sorry, let's veer you back into more happier times. Two thousand and two. Layton Hewitt when he's second straight at number one tennis ranking any two thousand and two as the world's number one tennis player, and we were like, we love Layton the rest of Ust. They were like, yeah, not sure, just just give him a god And then eventually the entire nation completely fun love with them.
Speaker 1: And then he married the star of Home and Way and the restless history Come.
Speaker 2: On your leg. Then one song November fourteen, two thousand and five, Gold Digger by Kanye West. Yeah, and we thought this blake seems pretty sane and not completely mad as a cut snake. We were wrong. We were so so wrongs Gold and we're not broke, boy boy. It's been a big show.
Speaker 1: It has been a huge We have had tickets coming out of the proverbiale didn't.
Speaker 2: We're feeling really generous this morning. If you missed text for Tata, the COVID make sure we download the Jodey and Hazy podcast. We're going to chuck it in there.
Speaker 1: Yeah. Absolutely, And I'm coming up with Maddie Rowe too. The Naughties at nine loving this.
Speaker 2: Hour commercial free tunes like this was n never a bit of muppets.
Speaker 1: I love the banjo sick in this song.
Speaker 2: Yeah, Muvein Sons are lunge. Love a bit of banjo. Put the banjo back in the map. Got a banjo from where you're from as well. Just a little tazzy joked around out the morning.
Speaker 1: Yeah thanks. I mean normally we start the day with one and you'd like to finish the one