Speaker 1: Well, what a weekend of sport.
Speaker 2: We've got ahead.
Speaker 1: Big game tonight Port Carlton probably match the round season defining for Port Adelaide, and then that just flows into the opening ceremony in the Olympics. Begin to go through it all the footy tipping guru himself, Ryan Fitzgerald. FITZI, good morning to you.
Speaker 2: What's that?
Speaker 3: Do I still hold the Australian record in the high jump from nineteen eighty six for.
Speaker 2: Little athletics, but yes I do?
Speaker 3: Will you bet on the day of the opening ceremony in Paris? I do want to talk about my athletics career and was very close.
Speaker 4: To making the Australian team back in the day.
Speaker 2: Were you really I was a little athletics.
Speaker 3: I've still got it from nineteen eighty six Pembo the Australian Little Athletics long jump arm record five meters twenty under tens.
Speaker 2: That's incredible.
Speaker 3: There's been a couple of kids that have got close and I've had to go down to.
Speaker 4: Olympic Sports Field and give them corkies just before.
Speaker 3: To remember Olympics wartsfield that was so good, ol SF here in Adelaide, it.
Speaker 2: Was huge, it was all. It was all the gay.
Speaker 1: A long jumper is tall, generally we owe you a bit of a sort of a you know, a unicorn.
Speaker 3: I would say, gangly, Will yeah, and then their eyes just started getting injuries.
Speaker 4: It was too much. But I love this every four years.
Speaker 3: I love nothing more than the Olympics because to fine tune your body over four years for this one moment.
Speaker 4: And what a lot of people don't.
Speaker 3: Know as well is that they are so fit that these athletes, the swimmers there are actually their immunity comes down because they are so fit leading up to a huge event like this.
Speaker 4: They actually get sick.
Speaker 3: They get sick, their immunity is is down and they might get a cold. Imagine training for four years and you get crooked a couple of times out before your event.
Speaker 2: I never had an event. But you know, well, a lot of people don't know this about Will. He's he's really good at dancing with a ribbon.
Speaker 1: I did that for you once and it was your birthday.
Speaker 4: That's how crazy.
Speaker 3: The five double a Christmas party is everybody this year?
Speaker 2: Would we say standard? He was going well until he got a four from the East German jaj ah.
Speaker 4: That is that is so funny it is. Do you know what I love about the Paris Olympics as well?
Speaker 3: Is Macron putting in one point five billion dollars to clean up the rivers end.
Speaker 4: Did you did you see this? And their locals are not happy that that amount of money.
Speaker 3: Has been has been used on cleaning up the water, so that they're planning a protest.
Speaker 4: Have you heard about the protest?
Speaker 1: Oh, it's one of the grossest protests going around, isn't it.
Speaker 3: They just want to dirty it again by dropping their strides and relieving themselves in the river.
Speaker 4: So this is going to be interesting over the next couple of days.
Speaker 2: I believe the French word for that is pisoir.
Speaker 1: The someone told me there was I don't know if this is true, but someone told me there was an app or a website you can go to based on where you are in the river system, about when you'd have to when you'd have to go, based on whey I to make it coincide with this is the opening ceremony.
Speaker 2: They're taking it very seriously seriously though, the job that they've done cleaning it up. Because the French sports minister swam in the river last week and held a press conference. That's crazy. She put her head on.
Speaker 3: Can we get a couple of tips for the Torrens? Is there any chance so we could do that? I saw some photos the other day in the forties where they used to have a swimming race in the Torrents.
Speaker 2: The former premier John Olsen water skiing on the Torrans once?
Speaker 4: Did he really?
Speaker 2: He did? Craze Chairman Jay Olsen? Yeah, barefoot, he did not. He used a gun that bike. He's still water skis.
Speaker 4: Ah, you wouldn't want that as an enemy. I tell you that water.
Speaker 2: Do the trick, clean flush out. Yeah for sure. Well mate, let's rip in the big one tonight as well, said Carlton v port Ported massive underdogs in this one, aren't they?
Speaker 4: I think so.
Speaker 3: Carlton are playing a pretty good footy brand of footy at the moment. But at Marvel Stadium this is going to be tough for Porter LAIDs on going the A. The Blues to win that game.
Speaker 2: Then tomorrow North and Geelong. The Cats have.
Speaker 4: To win this one.
Speaker 3: This is down in Hobart in Tasmania where North Melbourne played quite well. This is going to be actually, do you know what as a roughie I'm going to pick North Melbourne to win this one.
Speaker 2: You know they got done last week by the Doggie, so who knows. Then Gold Coast.
Speaker 3: Brisbane, Yeah, Brisbane are playing great footy the inn team at the moment, so I'm going to go the Lions to win that one.
Speaker 2: Saints and Essendon.
Speaker 3: Saints will knock off the Bombers. I weren't impressed with the Bombers against the Crows last weekend, so the Saints will win that game.
Speaker 2: The Melbourne and GWS a lot riding on this.
Speaker 4: This is going to be a great game. It's at the MCG. That's the only thing I worry.
Speaker 3: About with the Giants, But they're just depleted Melbourne, so many players out, so I think this will be an upset as well and the Giants will get up.
Speaker 2: Then the Derby as they call it over there in Wa.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Dockers are playing great footy. I can't go past them. They'll knock off the Eagles quite convincingly. Now the Pies off four losses in a row. May there be a fit? Oh?
Speaker 4: We just want Richmond to win this one, don't we. I don't know what's going on with Dusty Day. Richmond are a bit over the shop.
Speaker 3: At the moment, they're a basket case, so I can't see the Pies losing that one.
Speaker 2: Colin would win Swans and the Dogs.
Speaker 3: This is at the SCG. This will be a brilliant game as well. But the Swane's will win at home.
Speaker 2: And finally can the Crows, who will be looking good lately. Can the Crows beat the Hawks at home? I'd like to think so.
Speaker 3: Pembay Hawks are actually favorites for this game, just but I think the Crows will win at home.
Speaker 2: Go the Crows.
Speaker 1: David Pemberthy and Will Goodings six to nine five, double a breakfast