Speaker 1: Hi, guys, it's Lucky Dip time. Hi guys, I didn't.
Speaker 2: Really commit to that one for.
Speaker 1: So funny.
Speaker 3: It's mel It's Monty. Hello everyone, thanks for listening in. Here's your little bite sized Lucky Dip morsel of deliciousness mal wile of your gut.
Speaker 2: Today, I'm bringing you fucked up ship people have done while they were sleepwalking. Right, I'm going to do a doozy on like the mother load of the worst story ever.
Speaker 1: But okay, are you a sleepwalker out? Oh?
Speaker 2: Mate? You know, like just add it to my list of fucking demented problems. I'm a sleepwalker. I had to have a sleep study before I was put on ADHD medication, and I had to have an MRI of my brain because my sleep stuff. The psychiatrist was like, let's rule out a brain tumor because I was seeing a sleep specialist and I've got so but on sleepwalking, it's I didn't know this. It's a behavioral disorder, right, But I've always been like that, Like from a little kid, I always sleep walk. If my mum heard me talking when I was a kid, she could come and sit on my bed and almost have a conversation with me wow, which is dangerous for me because you know, it's a good time to get shit out of people. But I've also been quite aggressive as well, like I've sort of gone into my sister's room and yelled a scary thrown shit at my brother in his sleep. But it's called a parasomnia, right, which is this sort of behavioral disorder that people have in the non rem stage of sleep, which is like your deep sleep. But there's lots of different ones. But some of the things, you know, sleep walking, sleep talking, night terrors, all that sort of stuff fall into these categories. Okay, And you know it's not a party for anybody. It's not a party for the person who does it, but also for the people.
Speaker 1: That have to have with it, because seriously.
Speaker 2: My son's only done it a couple of times. Cheery settling, because there's a vacant look. It's like you can see no one's.
Speaker 1: My son used to have night terrors and they were fucked. They're horrible, so so horrible to be like, it's mum, it's mum, and he'd be like just looking like he doesn't know me. It's awful.
Speaker 2: I know. I told you that time I scratched all down Mark's chest and drew blood because I was having a night terror and in my what I was thinking was happening was someone was holding me down and hurting me. But in reality I must have been like screaming and moving in my sleep, so he was holding me down, right, I guess that line between reality and.
Speaker 1: Oh god, the dreams.
Speaker 2: Luck he copped it though, poor bastard. Anyway, I got other skills to make up for it. Okay, So I'm going to tell you some fucked up sleepwalking stories.
Speaker 1: Okay.
Speaker 2: In nineteen ninety eight, a seventy seven year old Florida man named James Currans woke up one night unable to move his legs, and that was because they were trapped in mud in like a creek or a river or something behind his house. He was in waste deep water, fucking looking at alligators because you know, Flora is known for alligators. Yes, there were alligators in front of him. He woke up like what the fuck he had sleepwalked into the water.
Speaker 1: Oh my god.
Speaker 2: He started screaming for help. A neighbor came out, saw that he's there in the water, I can't get out or whatever, so he calls the authorities. I mean, the guy was seventy seven, he had a cane. He used the cane to fend off the fucking alligators and he was rescued. I mean, I'm assuming by now it would be rip James Currans because he was seventy seven back in ninety eight. Wow, it's scary to know what people are capable of.
Speaker 1: If they see the water would wake you up too, well.
Speaker 2: You would think so, but I have. I think I've told you this as well before I tried to sleepwalk out of the house in my bra and undies one night. It's like, what if if Mark hadna heard the door, which is now on problem because Mark doesn't he shit because he's partially deaf from his keynot I'm like, you even hear that?
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's scary. He should lock it. Lock the door every night, like the bedroom door, so you can't get out.
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's and then what if there's a fire Jesus okay. In two thousand and five, Rebecca Armstrong wakes up in the middle of the night to the sound of the lawn mower. She's like, strange, two am, what fuck is mowing the lawn? So she puts her arm across to wake her husband Ian, and Ian's not there. She looks out the window. There's Ian mowing their front lawn completely naked. She had to go out there and just like because she'd always been told, don't wait to sleep walk yes, turns off the mower, has to get him back inside. The next morning, she's telling him what he did, and he refused to believe it. And the only way she could convince him she said, look at your feet. His feet were all dirty from being in the whatever. Imagine explaining that to your neighbors. There's Ian with his cock out, knowing how embarrassed you'd be. Like I would have thought before I stopped this, I have to take a picture.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, well now you video it? Sure? God, okay, sure?
Speaker 2: And now this one, for me feels questionable. There is a thing called sexomnia, yes, but also it's something that is like, particularly with men, it can be like it's incredibly rare, but it can be a real problem because a lot of men become aggressive. So if they wake up during the night and their partner's next to them and they've got this sexomnia thing, this can become a rape scenario. Right anyway, But this Ossie man started to get a bit sussle his wife when he started finding condoms around the house. My god, the fuck? Anyway, middle aged Australian woman, not me. She'd started sleepwalking out of the house at night and just having sex with random men.
Speaker 1: That's weird. I'm like, where would she find the random men and stuff?
Speaker 2: This is the thing. And also the fact that he didn't even know she was gone seems weird to me, Like if this is happening multiple times, like how do you not know? If it's one occasion or whatever, but how do you not know she's just constantly.
Speaker 1: And she's a safe sex sleepwalker.
Speaker 3: I know. Weird.
Speaker 1: I don't buy it.
Speaker 2: It's almost like saying, I'm sorry, I woke up and I was just on his dick. I don't know what I was doing. It's weird. Anyway, apparently it was backed up, okay, And this one is really sad. In two thousand and nine, a fifty one year old electrician named Timothy Brugman he walked out of his house in the middle of the night, and he was dressed just in a T shirt and undeas because that's what he'd been sleeping and sleeping in. But he lived in Wisconsin that got really cold, so it was snowing right Anyway, in the morning, his son woke up and realized, fuck, he's not there. And he'd had a history of sleepwalking. So the kid rings the police and he's like, Dad's not here. I'm worried that he's you know, done something or whatever in his sleep. They end up finding his body one hundred and fifty meters away in a vacant lot in the snow, and he died of hypothermia. And his death was linked to Have you ever heard of that sleeping tablet. It's called Ambient. It's like the most popular, yeah, sleeping tablet in the US. But some of the side effects include sleepwalking. But you're not meant to use it with you know, drugs or alcohol or whatever. But this guy's insomnia was so bad that he would take the Ambient, but he'd also drink just because he was desperate to sleep. And I really sympathize with that, because that is that is horrible. When you're exhausted but you just cannot sleep. It's like torture.
Speaker 1: It's torture. It's hideous.
Speaker 2: Yeah, And anyway, he had done other things before and the family had started putting like a chain on the door to stop him from being able to get out of the house. And it was just by horrible coincidence that that one night they had forgotten to put the chain on that terrible.
Speaker 1: That's sad ending on a real deal.
Speaker 3: No love a down a story, Fucky you love a down the story. I love that you just get into these fucking rabbit warrens of just depression. Everyone, thank you for listening. It is always a pleasure. Did you hear that rocking?
Speaker 1: Can he knocking? Oh?
Speaker 3: Yeah, because I accidentally just knocked the table here knocking.
Speaker 1: And knocked the table and knock the mic.
Speaker 3: You stressed out and sorry about that. Yeah, thank you for listening. Everyone hit us up any times. Someone tell online were you can find us up for the best place on Instagram, our patrons, thank you for a.
Speaker 1: Patreon like a special
Speaker 3: Episode every two weeks over there, and yeah you chat to you soon.