Speaker 1: Well, this is the podcast, and can I just say that this is a space where you can feel safe and you feel like you can be yourself.
Speaker 2: Yeah, so well done.
Speaker 1: You've got yourself into a really really good, solid, wholesome space.
Speaker 2: Just be you.
Speaker 1: No one does a better, big show too. We kick it off with are you snitting me? Two stories, one truth, one lie, and I'll just say that's about time you spoke some.
Speaker 3: I'm just getting a little bit sick and tired of you trying to say to the people of Adelaide, she's not that honest.
Speaker 4: I'm over it, to be honest.
Speaker 2: A little white lies though, aren't they.
Speaker 4: I'm tiny, tiny, tiny, tiny, little winning white lives.
Speaker 2: Jody's juice was in there as well. Rebel Wilson headlined it.
Speaker 3: Got engaged, which is great love that for her the sponsored post getting the ring kind of maybe for free, I'm not sure about I think that.
Speaker 1: Would go over a lot of people's heads. And you're like, hang on a second. Yeah, there's a little deal cooking in the background here.
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, I don't know about that for your engagement. But anyway, that's just man, I'm being judges, so shut up. Jody.
Speaker 2: Also, your three year old daughter is awful.
Speaker 4: Oh, she's horrible. Seriously, No, she's divine.
Speaker 3: However, we have testing moments, and one of them involved a major tantrum in a supermarket.
Speaker 4: But that's okay.
Speaker 1: Toddlers are designed to really really test their parents.
Speaker 3: It's like having an annoying little parrot on your shoulder constantly twenty four to seven.
Speaker 1: Man, man, ma'am, and the parrot can just flip I You could genuinely turn into a different person instantly. That's really good stuff. What about this as well, Jos. We have a very very exclusive code word that you need to remember to score yourself potentially tickets to gluttony.
Speaker 2: Yes.
Speaker 1: Now, we've been brainstorming for the last six weeks on what the first code word would be to score tickets to gluttony.
Speaker 4: Guess what we came up with.
Speaker 2: What did we come up with?
Speaker 4: Gluttony?
Speaker 2: That'll do. That'll do.
Speaker 1: Okay, be armed with that code word and look, maybe we'll speak to you on the radio the next day or something and we'll do it like that. What's the word again, I've forgotten? And the gluttony Okay, very good stuff. It's the podcast. It's Jerdey and hazy good stuff.
Speaker 3: Let's talk tantrums. I adore my three year old, I really do. She's gorgeous, but she is also an absolute psychopath. So the other day I needed to go to my spiritual home calls at the Avenues. I'm there like two three times a day, and it was one of those situations where everything I said to her was opposite day.
Speaker 4: So what mummy says, I'm going to do the opposite to.
Speaker 2: That those days?
Speaker 3: Yeah, they're good. Yeah, So please get in the pram nut. I'm going to straight back it. You've seen the straight back, right, Yeah, when you try and get a small child.
Speaker 4: Into a car seat or a pram. Yeah, they're like not doing.
Speaker 1: It straight back a lot. He goes as far as the tilt back. It's past the degree of straight yeah, right, Yes, it's an intense thing. And it's like you could not move a still rod. All of a sudden, she finds his strength. Even if you try to fold up, you just can't do it.
Speaker 3: But do you do that thing where you just like have to push on their bellies to try and like make them collapse and fold into.
Speaker 1: The because nothing you can do. All of a sudden, she has the core strength of an elite at.
Speaker 3: And then I'm like, put your shoes on. Nah, hate shoes.
Speaker 4: Not wearing shoes. Get in the pram or you don't get any skittles. I want skittles.
Speaker 3: This is how it's all unfolding. So I've lost the wheel to leave. At this point, we finally get to Cole's. She refuses to go on the pram, so she's running around in the deli department, which is really cold, like on the floor, and then she's like she starts crying.
Speaker 4: She's like, Mummy, my feet are cold on that. Put your shoes on. Just wear some shoes. We been through this so fun.
Speaker 2: Mom's on the edge. Mummy on the edge.
Speaker 4: It's on the brink of losing them.
Speaker 3: So finally, after like forty five minutes of horrendous behavior, we hit the skittles aisle.
Speaker 4: She's like, oh, I want some skittles. I'm like, well, usual matters, were are your mattos? I please? Can I have some skettles? And she's like, I want skittles. I'm like no, no.
Speaker 3: You're not having any, and so then she lies face down on the supermarket aisle and she's crying.
Speaker 4: She's kicking and screaming, and I'm like.
Speaker 3: Darling, you cannot until you start behaving, you can't have any skirtles shed with her face on the side, she's got tears streaming down her face and she goes, good Mommy's boys skittles.
Speaker 2: The the gest freaking story that's telling us several scenes.
Speaker 4: Its huge.
Speaker 3: We're all for me by now with the work of the horny mum on mass, are we not.
Speaker 2: Yes, that is Melissa. Yep.
Speaker 1: Melissa is very adventurous, she's very active, yep. And her partner, the partner has been let's just say, poor Joshi boy's been caught off guard.
Speaker 3: Joshi Boy, what about the first night on the show, and he's just getting around in some toy story pajamas, which just seems so incongruent with what his wife is after, you know what I mean?
Speaker 1: Yes, it just sort of see it paints the picture of a guy who's a little bit innocent versus his partner who is very, very not innocent.
Speaker 3: Although the characters on his pajamas were called woody, so who's to say. Anyway, she has shocked everyone with details last night about the awful Mummy Daddy time that she had leaving her husband a sobbing mess and leaving her off the show.
Speaker 2: It's hard because you come out of a long term relationship. This doesn't help, you know, wondering whether you're enough. And then yeah, I feel like I'm pretty broken. And then Melissa said, so you ready to go or what?
Speaker 1: And then they went in different directions and Josh spent the night alone and then said this a bit of meat time for the great man by there we go seven fifteen. First snort, that.
Speaker 2: Is outrageous.
Speaker 4: Now I'm scared, I'm gonna snort again.
Speaker 2: You just need to focus on the next topic.
Speaker 4: Okay, breathe. Michael Clark has a new girlfriend.
Speaker 3: The cricketing legend has recently made a heap of headlines following his high profile staushed with girlfriend jade Yarborough while they were holiday in Queensland in January, but the drama seemed far from his mind on the weekend.
Speaker 4: He was on a yacht. He was on a yacht. Hazy just gets.
Speaker 2: Through all this sort of stuff, doesn't he.
Speaker 4: Michael Clark caflon, isn't he on.
Speaker 2: To the next girls? Lord, He'll never be short of options. Clark. We know that he.
Speaker 3: Joined his new friend artist Dina Broadhurst in the Harbor. She used to be best friends with his ex Pip Edwards, which leads me to the absolute abomination that was the Aussies in India.
Speaker 4: What about that test? Goodness me, what a segue?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: That wasn't fun, was it. If you're a cricket fan, you would have watched that? Mean, like, what on earth is going on? How come they can spin the ball so much but it's not so easy for us?
Speaker 2: No, I know, and manditions, I get it for India, but but then like.
Speaker 3: It was literally eleven blokes who just looks so perplexed about where the ball was going and.
Speaker 4: How to deal with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah, and the small as well? What about there like part of the Pulmer, what about the haze across the ground? No idea Rageous.
Speaker 3: Classic children's books by author Roll Dahl have been partly rewritten to remove language now deemed too offensive.
Speaker 2: No, this is just the fun place Everyone's offended.
Speaker 3: References to people being fat and ugly have been removed from much love works, including Matilda, the BFG and James and the Giant Peach and what about This You'll love this? The Upper Lumpers from Charlie and the chocolate factory are also now gender neutral.
Speaker 2: I've got a perfect puzzle.
Speaker 1: I think we all saw that coming to me, did we? From a from a mile off to the guys.
Speaker 3: So they're now them they so.
Speaker 1: So that means every time that you describe someone, even if it's a nickname, if it's slightly offensive, you've got to just rethink the way you go about things.
Speaker 3: I feel like this is good news for Daddy Pick, who's been fat shamed by his entire family for a very long time.
Speaker 1: He has yet from you're right, he's kids, kids, and.
Speaker 2: He just cop said, Oh I'm a bit heavier. That's Fine's a bit Heavy's.
Speaker 1: A lot of mates I need to just rearrange some of their names as well. Really of course you've got mud Guts Matte, fat Head Phil, one of my own union mates as well, Jelly Arms, Jimmy, you got horrid Head, Hugo, Baby Snake Bene. Remember Virgin Vinnie. I can't call him that anymore. At two inch Tommy new nickname for Tommy anyway. Three assessments to come.
Speaker 4: That's some real readjusting to do, don't you do?
Speaker 2: Absolutely and all?
Speaker 3: So a bit has been said over the last couple of launch nights for the Fringe and the Garden about the advertiser not covering the event this year. And my understanding is the advertiser are just not covering the arts as a whole due to job cuts. But I don't I don't think. I don't think it's a targeted thing that they're not.
Speaker 1: I don't know who's to say that makes sense if they've had to cut jobs and there's people not there to cover it.
Speaker 3: Yes, correct, Yeah, okay, And that's all I want to say about that.
Speaker 4: I don't want to offend the advertiser ever.
Speaker 2: Very very good moved by you book.
Speaker 3: For holiday you this summer because at a little different on holiday, more daring, relaxing, sometimes be more fancy and what if has all kinds of accommodation to suit your style booking.
Speaker 2: Get away on the what if it's Aussie for travel you you built a.
Speaker 1: Time machine on this daisy Monday.
Speaker 2: Welcome to Monday.
Speaker 1: Let's start the week on the right foot, and that is giving you a little history lesson going down memory lane for on this days. In nineteen thirty four jokes Neil Curley's birthday. He was born in Barbara in South Australia. Today would have been his eighty ninth birthday. And can I just say one of the most iconic football figures that this state and I'm going to say countries ever say I hated people that generally play to win.
Speaker 4: He's amazing and I love that he just went, you know what, I'm just going to go and live on the river.
Speaker 1: Yeah, Dibity want It was always on Curl's terms as well.
Speaker 2: Yeah, she'd love to be coached by him as well. But very very scary.
Speaker 4: What a nottter.
Speaker 2: I'm a man.
Speaker 4: He made me cry.
Speaker 2: Actually, you were cut out for the treatment of girls.
Speaker 4: I've got a sensitive little so I wouldn't have coped to curly spray.
Speaker 2: Yeah, he would have sorted you out nice and early.
Speaker 3: Alone.
Speaker 2: Nineteen eighty eights. Rhianna was born in Barbados.
Speaker 1: Today's her thirty fifth birthday. Another one of those artis where you go she's only thirty five, It feels like she's been around for decades.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and you know, again, as we spoke about with Edge, you're in the other day, do something with your laugh.
Speaker 2: DOWNE mean, come on th right, Rhanna. Yeah, she's what worth what to.
Speaker 4: Two billions up two billion dollars.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's why she didn't get paid with supers like mate, that'll tip you over and your tax return.
Speaker 1: Nineteen ninety two, Bob Hawk resigned from politics.
Speaker 4: It's to day for Lawleustralia brings us all together, mab I'll tell you what any advice who sacks and he wanted for not turning up.
Speaker 1: The day as a bum, So no doubt he drank an absolute shit tone of beers.
Speaker 4: Good on him, Good on him? Out of a funnel too, probably.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Twenty sixteen four inch lock of John Lennon's hair cells for thirty five thousand dollars to a memorability collector add an auction in Dallas, Texas.
Speaker 4: I'm wondering where you were going.
Speaker 1: With that, Yeah, I said lock. So that's when you know that you're really somebody. You just scrow your own hair, you cut it off and you sell it.
Speaker 3: Well, yours is just going to dip out on you without any choice at any moment.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: I mean my hair just keeps on falling out in my sleep on my pillow. Yes, and I can't clean it up. I just have to put it in the bin. Twenty eighteen, Queen of England Elizabeth the Second, makes a surprise appearance at a London fashion Week. I think she went down the runway just really side to side. She really worked it.
Speaker 4: Did she really swagger in her loafers?
Speaker 2: Did look left? Left, right, left right? Straight ahead? Can?
Speaker 4: She was magnificent?
Speaker 2: She works a runway really nicely.
Speaker 1: In two thousand and three, Olivia Rodrigo was born in Murieta, So West, so with confidence.
Speaker 2: She's born in California.
Speaker 1: Let's just say that today's her twentieth birthday.
Speaker 2: And another one? Did she start when she was nine years old?
Speaker 4: Why these pioples are young?
Speaker 2: He's young achievers. It's ridiculous. I don't even know my name was Nu until I was twenty five.
Speaker 3: And for a young girl, she's sung in a lot about her who's been cheated on a lot early doesn't cheating?
Speaker 4: Olivia?
Speaker 2: Who hurts you? Olivia? Who hurts your song? Who hurts you? It's money, that's for sure.
Speaker 1: And then I'm on song in Australia in twenty ten on this day was repay by Ias go On name Me another song from Ayas.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Two stories. One is the truth and one is a lie.
Speaker 1: You have to creactly creactly correctly identify the word correct.
Speaker 3: So this works in really well with the story that I'm about to tell about you. So your inability to use the English language is extraordinary.
Speaker 1: But anyway, is it important to be able to speak on radio speak? Good?
Speaker 2: Speak? Good?
Speaker 4: Do you want to go first?
Speaker 2: Look at ladies first? I've always said that.
Speaker 1: And the thing about Jodie, what you need to know is, look, you're a very trustworthy person and a lot of people, I mean, if we were keeping score, a lot people sort of call and say, I think Jody's telling the truth because she wouldn't dare lie.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what, No, she is a bit of a like snake.
Speaker 3: That's aggressive for a Monday morning. That's okay. Now, when I tell you this story, you're going to remember it right, because this was a factual event that happened between you and I at a press conference at the Port Adelaide Football Club. Okay, so in the middle of the press and I reckon from memory might have been.
Speaker 4: Chad Corns, who was up at the time.
Speaker 3: Anyway, So mid press conference, you ask a question of Chad and it was so like, it was so abusive of the English language that didn't make any sense whatsoever, and to the point where Chad Corns looked at you like, what are you?
Speaker 4: Are you even like, how do you even qualify for this jaw?
Speaker 3: And so you've asked the question and then I, in turn, have gone to text a colleague to say, could Hazy ask any stupid.
Speaker 4: Or of a question?
Speaker 3: Which I really That's what I've just done there, but good Hazes, questions be more stupid was the text message.
Speaker 4: And then I accidentally sent it to you.
Speaker 1: That was an unbelievable scene because who would have thought. And then the response that you got from me was.
Speaker 4: Yep, it was did you mean to send that to me?
Speaker 2: Pretty hostile, wasn't it? It was? And then I told Chad Corns what did the Chad say?
Speaker 1: And he told Kane, and Kane told Graham and.
Speaker 2: Not much happened after that. All right, there we go.
Speaker 1: Do you know it's so believable, because jeez, I get myself in trouble asking some stupid, muddled.
Speaker 2: Up, mixed up questions of press conferences. Yes, okay, very very believable. A guy got one for you.
Speaker 1: When I was in year ten, I almost got expelled, and not because of your stock standard things I don't know, stealing, drinking, smoking, all those types of things.
Speaker 2: We got cab charges.
Speaker 1: At school, yeah, and I got given a cab charge. Yes, but it gets built to the school. It's got to be through school use. And I think, I say, I think I said that I was got a cricket match. Anyway, I ran up this cab charge and I went from this is in Sydney. I went from Paramatta to the city I think back at Pimball or somewhere like that. Ran up some macas on there as well, thirty bucks worth of macers.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Right, And then.
Speaker 1: I got a call in, had to leave assembly and go to the head master's office. And I said, did you write this cab charge? And I said, no, no, no, it wasn't me. I promise it wasn't me. It wasn't mew because little did I know that it's basically like a checkbook. There's few numbers that add you connect on the bottom. So I thought I'll get off scott free here.
Speaker 4: Yeah.
Speaker 1: And I denied for a good week or so before they finally said, right, you moron, this is how cab charges work. We know it's you also spoken to the cab company who identified it was you, which I said, Okay, then maybe it was.
Speaker 4: Maybe it was?
Speaker 1: And I was an absolute beaesy you know what? From getting myself expelled.
Speaker 3: Thirteen twenty four ten. Which one of those stories is true? Which one of those stories is a lie?
Speaker 2: Yes? Who was telling the truth? We're not schnitting you.
Speaker 1: Schnitthouse Australia serves the best nichells made fresh daily with authentic Golden Classic or Sillyac friendly breadcrumbs. A one hundred dollars Schnitthouse voucher up for grabs? Who is full of schnit.
Speaker 2: One hundred dollars shthouse about your up for grabs? Two stories, one truth, one lie? Which recap Jodi wo jeb So.
Speaker 3: My story was about the time at a press conference at the Port Adelaie Football Club when you asked a really stupid question. I accidentally text you saying that was a really stupid question.
Speaker 2: Yes, but you were trying to pop me to someone else?
Speaker 4: Correct?
Speaker 1: Yeah, Do you remember specifically who you were trying to text?
Speaker 4: Ah, it was a colleague. I'm not going to mention who.
Speaker 3: Huh.
Speaker 1: Okay, and I got the text and I was still stupid enough to be like, is this supposed to be for me?
Speaker 2: And you probably went along with it. No, No, I'm texting you and yes.
Speaker 3: We're going to gloss over it because we're here now, right and all that matters is the present.
Speaker 2: Isn't it just a minor hurdle, Yeah, a minor hurdle.
Speaker 4: In our little friendship.
Speaker 1: Okay, my sorry, was in your turner. Almost got expelled by running up a cab charge. I think it was about one hundred and twenty bucks. I said I was going to do a cricket match, ended up doing a big old tour of Sydney, basically in Ransom Macason there as well, thought that I'd get away with that. Deny, deny, I deny. They said, listen to you, absolute imbecile. It's like a check book numbers at the bottom match.
Speaker 2: We know it's you. Also were spoken to the cab company.
Speaker 4: Yep, irrefutable proof that you are an idiot.
Speaker 1: They said we should throw you out and I said, please don't do that because my dad might hit me.
Speaker 4: Let's go to Lachlan from gold Creek. Gold Creek, Hey, Lachlan.
Speaker 2: Hello, how are you good?
Speaker 3: How about you?
Speaker 4: Very well? Thank you? Lachlan who's telling the truth and who's telling a lie?
Speaker 1: And first and before we get to that, Locke, can you can you run us through it? Who do you think is the more honest operator? I feel like it's Hazy. I don't feel like you'd be someone.
Speaker 2: That would do that. Okay, it's coliment. Happened with a bit of a backhand.
Speaker 3: All right, one hundred dollars knit house voucher on the line right here, right now, Lockey, who's telling the truth?
Speaker 4: Who's telling you a lie?
Speaker 3: True?
Speaker 2: Bang, that's how it's done. Lucky, well done. I'm a dull nidhouse voucher.
Speaker 3: Congratul relations Lockie, thank you or yours great man. The moral that story is, I wouldn't be stupid enough to send you a text message saying how.
Speaker 4: Dumb you are?
Speaker 2: No, you are you professionally pot me behind my bag? Exactly.
Speaker 3: Sidelaide superstar Lord's making her triumphant return to our city for the first time.
Speaker 2: Since twenty forty.
Speaker 4: Exactly, Jody and Hazy, you've got your tickets to.
Speaker 2: See her life.
Speaker 1: Praise the Lord. The Lord is coming. She's coming to the Adelaide Festival kicks off in the third March.
Speaker 2: We got holy particular stick give work.
Speaker 3: So many tickets there just coming out of the proverbial, aren't they just rainy tickets?
Speaker 1: We thought, you know what, instead of just saying he's a lord's song and call up and gets through.
Speaker 2: Let's have a bit of fun.
Speaker 4: I record, We've got some hopes. You need to jump through them.
Speaker 1: That's how this works. Yes, give it to You've got to earn it. Let's play Lord of the Rings. So this is how it works.
Speaker 3: This is a Sunday night brainstorming session from Andrew Housen.
Speaker 4: How should we do this?
Speaker 1: To borrow?
Speaker 2: What you need to do is jump to the Nova player register your details.
Speaker 4: So this is how it works.
Speaker 3: We are going to call you the less rings it takes you to pick up, the more tickets you get.
Speaker 2: Should we get straight into it.
Speaker 4: Let's do it.
Speaker 1: Imagen Hawks, who has registered her details on the Nova Player.
Speaker 2: Here we go.
Speaker 3: Six tickets left, five tickets left.
Speaker 4: Hello, Hi, Imagine, how are you?
Speaker 3: Hi? Hi?
Speaker 2: I'm good? Thank you?
Speaker 1: Hi? What electric good company?
Speaker 2: Are you involved?
Speaker 3: Now?
Speaker 2: I'm just kidding, I'm just kidding. Did you call?
Speaker 1: Did you register novfm dot com dot Are you for some Lord tickets?
Speaker 2: Yeah? Well got some news for you.
Speaker 3: Yes, because you picked up so promptly, Imagen, you've won five tickets to Lord your own languagness.
Speaker 4: Really yes, oh so nice.
Speaker 1: That's very nicey our imag. And usually it's you're heading along and you get to choose a mate. But you've got four people to take who.
Speaker 2: Would be at the top of this. There's a lot of pressure. It's a lot of pressure.
Speaker 4: Well, the next question is do you have four friends?
Speaker 2: Yes?
Speaker 4: How about that, Imagen.
Speaker 2: That's so exciting.
Speaker 4: Thank you.
Speaker 2: Well, there we go.
Speaker 1: Congratulations to Imagen. She's scored herself a bunch of tickets. You just got to head to the nov win page. It's as easy as that and get ready to be prompt with your phone. Exactly, very very good, fun, solid show to kick off your Monday.
Speaker 4: I have an absolute ball.
Speaker 2: I did too, had the time of my life. She definitely do it again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: You we should and every day for the rest of the year.
Speaker 1: Lord tickets up for grabs, exclusive invite for Nova's Red Room.
Speaker 2: It's all going to be there for you again tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Oh my god.
Speaker 1: In saying that, though, if we do need to call out some very very poor behavior tomorrow on your part me.
Speaker 2: Yeah, what am I doing? You would have thought, Oh, Jonia, I'm so I'm so lovely.
Speaker 4: I don't say that. I don't. I can't help. But if people nice, it's not my fault. It's not my fault. I'm a good person.
Speaker 1: It was a bit of behavior that needs to be addressed before it it makes its way to hr.
Speaker 2: No, it's not that serious.
Speaker 4: But what sort of behavior?
Speaker 2: Oh look, you just can't have to wait about twenty three hours? Can you wait?
Speaker 4: When did this happen?
Speaker 2: It happened on Thursday night, Okay, when we're at gluttony.
Speaker 4: Yeah, all right, wracking my brain? Okay, anything I've been wrong sounds good? Hey, you stay cool today, mate?
Speaker 3: Is it?
Speaker 1: Ray Day agrees it will be radiated some stage this week, just to get a good solid dose of vitamin D. But you know the drill, as we always say here at nov if it's hot and you see Kuala, give it some water.