Speaker 1: Good morning, Melbourne. We are alive from Adelaide. Overall, this is number one hundred. You're on the air with Jason Lauren Cleats here as well. We're doing to thanks so mates at Shall already express and fresh from a lime scooter.
Speaker 2: Let's say hi to our next guest, Our.
Speaker 3: Next gatheround guest is three time premiership.
Speaker 4: Player for the Jeelo footy club, legend Tom Hawkins.
Speaker 2: That's right.
Speaker 1: You can catch him in action on Fox Footy available on KO Sports.
Speaker 4: Tom Hawkins, good morning, good morning, in one piece, Good morning, I'm here in one piece.
Speaker 5: You text me on the way in and it was a part of you in an e scooter.
Speaker 4: I was, Yeah, I love traveling into state and traveling via scooter.
Speaker 6: It's a great way to see her.
Speaker 7: All the rage.
Speaker 2: Why were you a bit of a shambles this morning? Late night?
Speaker 4: Well, close game that's down, came back and won and I think I just got carried away.
Speaker 5: Yes, well that's right, cause how do you go. We know you so well as a footballer, and.
Speaker 8: I can't imagine you being particularly calm as a spectator.
Speaker 4: I get nervous and anxious, and I was around sixty or seventy Geelong people.
Speaker 6: So I think I got caught.
Speaker 5: Up in excitement exactly, went.
Speaker 6: Into the city for a drink and then hone to bed. I was home.
Speaker 2: Fine me, I'm just asking and I was just telling you.
Speaker 1: You sound like me on the phone of my wife, darlu We just flewid were very tight.
Speaker 7: Or how cool is this? This place? Just it's magic, right.
Speaker 4: It is so good and it's it's nice that you guys are I'm not sure if this is your first gather around, but he.
Speaker 7: Came last year. I don't remember much of it.
Speaker 5: Yeah, yeah, queens didn't do what you did last night. Last year.
Speaker 4: I got a little carried, which is easy to do because it's the people of Adelaide. I mean, the beautiful people, very welcoming, everyone's so excited. The thing I think I love the most about it when I was a player and even now as a commentator and football person, is that every one is just happy to see you down the street, whether you're barrack for Collingwood, where you're barrack for sin Kilda or Geelong, they're just so happy to be here and talk footy and let's and watch.
Speaker 1: Let's hold onto that vibe until until the port game on Sunday.
Speaker 2: If it's the same the rules, you do.
Speaker 3: A cop grief from Port fans because they are a little rough around the edges. Let's just let's just say, look, they're passionate. I not not so much on the field.
Speaker 4: I think the noise when you're on field sort of amalgamates into this sort of buzzing sound.
Speaker 6: So not specifically.
Speaker 4: I have had some heckles over the fence from supporter bases in the past.
Speaker 7: Talk to us anything anything memorable, feel quite well?
Speaker 2: Liked you, ad executive producer. He's a Port fan. Did you have a spit on Tom packing the don I.
Speaker 7: Should apologize Tom, it was it was a heat of passion.
Speaker 6: It was you.
Speaker 2: I'll tell you what.
Speaker 1: You're so big, you stand out too. Like imagine walking around the crowds here, you know you can spot Yeah.
Speaker 6: Absolutely, And I've got a massive set of years as well.
Speaker 4: But the one one thing, Emma and I got married in two thousand and some year.
Speaker 5: I was there some year.
Speaker 7: And sixteen and we got.
Speaker 4: Just before the start of the season. Anyway, we got our car, stole them out the front of our house that had wedding dresses and one one game at Collingwood from the Collingwood Cheers Squad. One of the cheers squad members at one stage throughout the game said that he had our wedding dress, wedding dress which is always stuck with me, which I was like, I was laughing inside because it was.
Speaker 2: It's a good chance they did have it.
Speaker 5: So hey, and now Tom, you've hung up the boots. You're obviously on the other side of it now.
Speaker 8: But you are putting the boots back on over Easter. I am heading up to what you play for the town you grew up in.
Speaker 4: I am Lozzi. I actually went for the first time. I bought my boots over together.
Speaker 5: Around want to have a practice?
Speaker 6: Yeah, yesterday? Yesterday?
Speaker 7: You're so tragic.
Speaker 5: You don't want to pull a hammy.
Speaker 8: So you're playing for Finley, I am, and which is sort of on the border.
Speaker 5: Of New South Wales or on Good Friday it.
Speaker 4: Is, Yeah, And I've always wanted to play for Finley when I retire, and I haven't done a hell of a lot of conditioning, so that will be interesting.
Speaker 2: To take you down to the park the hour we can do a little kick around. Is that what I did?
Speaker 4: I did mone yet I've got my mouth guard in the son Well, hang on.
Speaker 2: No, no, I asked, I've asked.
Speaker 7: What about the full back like lining up on tom Hawks?
Speaker 5: I know, are you playing for forward? Where are you going to play?
Speaker 6: Well? I hope goal square.
Speaker 7: Surely I'm just just one out operating out of the fifty.
Speaker 2: What is the capacity at the stadium.
Speaker 5: Standing room only?
Speaker 2: Assume I just looked on ticket tech. I can't find it.
Speaker 5: There will be there'll be so many people.
Speaker 6: I select.
Speaker 4: We chose that game to play as one off because Emma is a Deniloquent girl. We played Deniliquin and it's sort of a big rivalry and Easter weekend and they.
Speaker 2: Do it Banner club matches like that.
Speaker 5: We get the cheers got on Milestone game.
Speaker 6: Maybe maybe I don't think there'll be any banners, right.
Speaker 5: I'm sure.
Speaker 8: I'm sure just as many people turn up to watch Finley every other week as they will on Good Friday to see.
Speaker 3: Can we talk about Super Saturday in your role as a commentator for Fox Footy, Big day tomorrow, Big day for the Carlton Footy Club, because Carlton play West Coast. Now, the issue here is if Carlton lose. Now, I'm a Melbourne supporter by saying, yeah, I'll preface this by saying Melbourne, so you know, winless isn't a great spot to be. But for Carleton, there's a bit of bit of pressure on the old Blue Baggers tomorrow.
Speaker 4: Yeah there is, Like if look, they should take care of were that's the issue. But if things get a bit tricky and desperate, yeah, I'm not.
Speaker 7: But he thinks if the Blues lose loss, he's gone. That's his male.
Speaker 2: They're already calling for his head.
Speaker 4: The last couple of weeks, I think they'll be okay, they'll find their way through. It's really sometimes the start of the season is it's a lot more heightened than other periods of the year, particularly when you have it one. They've got some really talented players that have been kind of in and out. Kerno hasn't sort of been there and playing the whole start of the season. So they will find their groove. It's a bit like Melbourne. I don't you know, I don't necessarily think that they're they're as bad as what they're.
Speaker 7: Actually.
Speaker 3: You forget about Finley, you want to play full forward for the D's. There's not there watching that I could, I could lace the boots up and play in today's footy.
Speaker 6: It just it surpasses you so quickly.
Speaker 2: Hey, just quickly. Prize wants tonight?
Speaker 6: Do you reckon up Pies?
Speaker 4: I think the Pies are a genuine chance of winning the premiership. They might pick at the start of the year along with the Gold Coast Sons and the and the wild Cats.
Speaker 6: But I think I just think they've got a great makeup.
Speaker 4: They're mature and and Sydney. We like maturity and that yeah, won't be it won't be an easy game, but I think I think Colin would are set really well.
Speaker 1: Hey man, I know you've got to get to the Barossa, but we appreciate you jumping on this morning, nice and early.
Speaker 5: Good luck for a good Friday.
Speaker 7: Tom.
Speaker 5: I'll I'll take a sign and the banner burns.
Speaker 2: To the winery today and go down the street.
Speaker 6: You should get with.
Speaker 7: I think those lime scooters will.
Speaker 5: Go for Tom Hawkins. Plotting around adelaide On, I think.
Speaker 2: The worst place is to be stuck, mate. Tom Hawks joined us on the air.
Speaker 1: As we're not live from adelaide O, will for gather around. It is just going eight thirty.
Speaker 7: Laurence Mara wake up feeling good.
Speaker 5: Follow them on the socials.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I