Speaker 1: Yet mate up across. Yeah, live in the beach. I was I was hoping for a schooner. Do you want one?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Okay, are rolling?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's right, we'll feel, we'll feel. You're going to drink will keep will cup the fire slave. Yeah, man, you just do what you're told. There ain't no hr.
Speaker 1: In this building.
Speaker 2: Brother, Sorry, you have to hear. Oh that's Cooper. Cooper tends to sort of get ahead of himself. I don't know what he said to you, Ash, but in this house, yeah, he's he's the bottom of the bottom, bottom of Yeah.
Speaker 1: So I've got I've got two kids under six. I get it. Yeah, I get what it's like for the brain capacity is similar.
Speaker 2: I hate my kids so much. Sorry, Jack forgot Jack was there.
Speaker 1: People always say to me, like how many kids you want? And I'm like none, yeah, and like do you have to I'm.
Speaker 2: Like, yeah, yeah, what's the problem.
Speaker 1: I had the snip though, Oh did you did you have? You have a snip?
Speaker 2: Yeah? I had the snip? Yeah, how'd you go? I was too late? Unfortunately I did the snap, had the condoms everything. But you know, true, you know, just a was getting the pin putting the condoms the next minute, I've got you know, two of them, got Lloyd and Harry here. Yeah, that's it.
Speaker 1: I am yeasty, that's for sure.
Speaker 3: Well Mark Karen will be happy about that.
Speaker 2: Doesn't know the grudge. Come after you had Trish on the other podcast, you and Maddie.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I had your beautiful wife in my house again. She was she was great, funny, lot of ship about Cooper, which is what we really wanted.
Speaker 2: Bad stuff.
Speaker 1: There's bad stuff like that. I heard your room is an absolute fucking pig style. What's what's your going swearing on this podcast? Sometimes we're very progressive.
Speaker 3: Anything you want, like you can hammer anyone like, you can say whatever you want and we don't even beep it.
Speaker 1: We won't strap it.
Speaker 2: That's one thing about our business. There ain no hr beautiful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, that's like, that's like so we had Yeah, we had Trish on. She was great. We got a fun winch fest.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: No, look we were we were We kept it at the highest nice fun level.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: So when when is that coming out? Monday? Also this is yeah.
Speaker 3: Paying on a second too, worlds collide, So when this comes out Trisha's episode about two.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so that's about the first thing Monday morning. Well it was great, a lot of fun and the shear we sort of touched on the breast cancer stuff. When when when all that happened? And which is really helpful for our audience because we're like seventy five percent women somehow. Oh really yeah we are. Yeah, women love you and me you exactly right. Yeah, other husbands want to be us. Yeah yeah, so yeah, good Monday. Yeah, and did you reverse into your bins? Not this time? This time?
Speaker 2: So they had a scratch when she comes back.
Speaker 1: Its funny she had her own key.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I hope she returned it. She was horrifile when you go back, because she said, she's like unusual toilet. She thought you're going to number one, but number two and there was no scrubbing brush in there.
Speaker 1: What's the go with that? What do you have to do? And speaking of that, I was just watching a clip of how she was talking about hovering above the toilet. Yeah, and you were baffled. Let me hear go. My old man who's in his sixties now, God bless her. He he actually just survived a triple bypass. Than he's going to love that.
Speaker 3: Yeah, he's going to love that.
Speaker 1: Big he's a big fan of the John's family of course, so good ay whena and he's a horror when he ships, even at home everywhere. What so the the the thought process behind it is he he hovers because it prevents piles.
Speaker 2: Ah yes, yes, yes, the old ah yeah that was It was very common growing up. People used to say, don't sit on concrete and give you piles.
Speaker 1: So what is piles? They're just hemorrhoids.
Speaker 3: So by hovering, apparently hovering like is good for the stool like it's the best way for it to emerge.
Speaker 2: In Asian nations, they generally like will stand on the toilets in the Western toilets because apparently opens up the bowel more. But anyway, if any of our Asian listeners can verify that, because as I tend to throw out facts which now people have corrected me.
Speaker 1: This is the thing like the New Age.
Speaker 3: Right, dads lived through both ages where people don't really fact check what you say, and now the New Age, the things that he said on the podcast and said religiously for twenty years on TV, now people are starting to pull it up for it.
Speaker 1: Yes, that's the best when like people starting to pull you up on it. Like we had a lady who was wining about how the government didn't see her twins as two kids, and I was like, what are they sign means or something like that, and then we were we sort of round off the reason, but why with no research? And then people are like, you don't know anything about having twins? He would just kick off. Yeah, they get so caught.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, so why didn't they don't see her kids as twins?
Speaker 1: It's a long story. Yeah, let's not even let's a long story. But the hover thing. So I remember back when I was a kid, my old man would be like, don't see on the toilet for so long because hes obviously stuff with Hammrhin's sorry, dad to really throw out under the bus here, but yeah, he used to say he hovers and he's only like five to five, so it'd be tough to hover above. It must be a low toilet, a western size toilet.
Speaker 2: So yeah, it's funny Like again, growing up my dad like every Saturday morning, Saturday morning for me was Dad basically going into the toilet with the form guide, a smoke, a black coffee and just sitting in the toilet and it must be shitting for forty five minutes. And look when I look back now, I was only a young kid and he had me in his bed eighteen, so he'd have been in his mid twenties. And I was thinking, Okay, what actually did take place in that forty five minutes? Was he really looking at the top weight or was he pulling his own weight?
Speaker 1: Definitely river the end of it hundred at least one time. But like the combination of coffee in it and a black coffee and Siggy tell you right now, if he was, if he was jerking it that come with a stunt, you wouldn't want to go and melted the floor.
Speaker 3: French women basically live on black coffee and smoking. They barely eat.
Speaker 2: I've heard that that that's that's a stereotype.
Speaker 1: Oh is it?
Speaker 2: Yeah, amazing joke.
Speaker 3: I'm twenty five and a half. I'm twenty five and a half.
Speaker 1: My toddlers five and a half child now five and a half.
Speaker 2: Unfortunately, you don't get correct facts on Instagram.
Speaker 1: Yes you're doing sorry TikTok, like that's where I get all my information. Now, you've got your manly hat on.
Speaker 3: When we're recording this mainly about to play the Broncos. I want to get your thought because this will come out, you know, in a couple of days. I want to get you're either going to look like a legend or you're going to look like an idiot.
Speaker 1: Who do you think is going to win? I'm going to look like an idiot. No, I reckon, Brisbane's probably going to rollers.
Speaker 2: We saw him last night actually spike their drinks. Yeah I did. I tried to spike a pat carry instruc backing up.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I think they're all playing. They're backing up.
Speaker 2: I saw pain House last night and I raced up to him and said no Vocastrian because he would be staring at me, and I was all over like a cheap suit, going yeah, legend and he's such a nice kid. He was see his eyes is going this.
Speaker 1: I don't even know.
Speaker 3: If Paine was there, you would have set it to the Jesus Christ.
Speaker 1: I met him at when they meet him at It was a Brisbane preseason camp. But in that's right, we saw the video. Yeah the video, such a lovely guy, champion soft talker for how big he is a man mountain and I was just like I was sort of wasn't expecting him to be so like softly spoken. It sort of took me back a little bit.
Speaker 2: It's really his articulate kids. Yeah, and what he's had to endure in the last five years is quite it's amazing what he had, what he has taken on board. Yeah, it's pretty incredible. He's oppressed.
Speaker 3: He's a mentally tough bloke, like even even state of Originally I went into camp a couple of times and he'd only trained once and it was like very light session that he did. He was just doing rehab all week and then went out there and was like the best player off.
Speaker 1: He was unbelievable.
Speaker 2: I remember the first time Sydney play, it was Jack playing against you. Remember that time was you're playing under twenties and he was playing for the Broncos under twenties and he just performed a demolition job on you bokes.
Speaker 4: Yeah, they we had We had them late in the year when I was playing twenties and twenty seventeen, and you just there was a fuel and that came back and they put about fifty on us and McDonald Jones day and he just destroyed us.
Speaker 3: I could imagine, well payings my age, so to be playing he could have been playing twenty five and a half. I just said that, Yeah, so he would have been playing. And at that age, two years is a big different like to not play under eight ens go straight to twenty like that's a big like now in NRL it's nothing, but at that age it's a big development jump. So he did to go out there and dominate Jack, and I'm sure he ran over him a few times. Was at the game Jack where and there was a viral people might remember it. There was a viral video that went around of Jack.
Speaker 1: Remember that that was just in the finals, the final.
Speaker 3: Against the Broncos Jack shirt Jack's shirt on fifth tackle got ripped off right.
Speaker 1: And then.
Speaker 3: Just went viral randomly of like young girls being like, oh, good looking this, but lots of change since then.
Speaker 1: You're definitely taking credit for this one. But he threw his jersey on the sideline.
Speaker 3: Jack, he couldn't get it back on because they're hard to get on when they're sweaty, and you made like a.
Speaker 1: Couple of tackles or two. Shirt Less got to get that.
Speaker 4: I was playing six and I had to take a second tackle carry and I carried the ball, and I think might be pack Carrigan or something like that. Ripped my shirt off and then it was a wind tunnel in it was the old Ali Arms wind tunnel in there, and I had to get it was fifth tackle and my shirt was non so I just threw it to the side, put a nice little in the corner. Now, trainer Simon Webber, you know, put it back inside out for me so I could chuck it on quickly, becauseuse inside out. That's taking too much time. You know, first job is, you know, put a nudge in the corner.
Speaker 1: You're a team first kind of guy, and that's you could have got it. You could have called it. You could have called all sorts of things.
Speaker 3: Last word jack before I turned your mic off for eternity, anything else.
Speaker 1: That Brisbane ship was the same one that we gave Reese Walsh the chili the chili gummy. So I was chatting to him and he we did like a food challenge and I was chatting to him and I was like, oh, I've got the world's hottest gummy here and he's like, oh, yeah, said you should hide in a bunch of lollies and just give it. I didn't know it was going to give it to your boys. Oh that's right, because he gave it to flat flat. Yeah. Do you remember that when yeah? Yeah, yeah, So I gave him the weapon.
Speaker 2: You're loaded the gun?
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, I loaded as that. Here go, mate, do what you like with it. Because I was kicking. I ended up afterwards. I was out running drills with Ezra Man and choreo it's and then he comes out out and he was like, oh fucking just have a look at this on his phone out and just showed me and I was like, fuck, that's going. That was very funny.
Speaker 3: Yeah, that's good as opposed to the other gummies that's starting to circulated in Australia.
Speaker 2: Just graceful.
Speaker 1: Yeah, which we are not advocates. So I'll tell you. We had Cusy on the other day. Who loves a gun? Dave Hugh.
Speaker 2: He it looks like the woman on that smoking packet, doesn't he.
Speaker 1: Yeah. He tells a really funny story where he took some gummies in Hawaii and wore his wife swimsuit down to the beach and didn't know. That's a fucking great story. He tells in his standard.
Speaker 3: No wonder like no wonder when you walk in the streets of New York, LA. Like you see some of the creatures getting around because everyone's just on gummies.
Speaker 2: It's quite amazing. The smell of America now is weird. Yeah, it's just remarkable how things turn around. I mean even even more so Thailand. I mean Thailand. God, twenty years ago, fifteen twenty years ago, you're getting light in jail with drugs and now a lot of weed stools just pop on a bed.
Speaker 3: Well, I'm here and even obviously Barley's quite strict still, but I think since COVID, like, it's definitely loosened because some of my mates were over there not long ago and they like got their hands on gummies and stuff. But remember, like pre COVID, you go over there, it's like, you know, you wouldn't you wouldn't just you wouldn't even look for Yeah, I know she spent life for jail and she didn't even know it was in the bookie.
Speaker 1: But I just got busted in Bali for having a kilo and a half of coke delivered from Thailand. Yeah he's gone as Aussie, but he's gone.
Speaker 2: Man, Why would you all the all the coke bundles of coke kept washing up in the beach up and around here on the Northern Northern Beach. We know someone who found No, you don't, we know somebody.
Speaker 1: What do they have to do? Like the full disclosed? They have to tell me who it is who wasn't. There was a.
Speaker 2: Couple of the guys and they found it, and there was a they're a work crew, and there was an older bloke there and they called it. And imagine these young guys go right like just said boys, boys, like just think about this. You know you do that for the rest of your life. You're waiting for that knock on the door. The gangsters got the Russians. The bluffed him out of it. I know he bluffed me out of it. Yeah, they handed it over with a tear in their eye. Oh.
Speaker 1: I haven't seen him since working with Aaron Woods.
Speaker 3: Right, So you've got a you've got a couple of podcasts that's going to get to But you've been doing an NRL podcast with Renee Gardner and Aaron Woods, our great friend of the Poddy.
Speaker 1: A bit of Brent take too joining it. He's just just through origin to give us a queens perspect because they're all it's funny, we're all in your South Wales, we're all Manly, well, he would. It could be any team.
Speaker 3: Which which he's played for, just Red every he's got more more clubs than justin Hamm Yeah, yeah, he's played ten games every clubs.
Speaker 1: Just like how many I think I've asked you this before you how many games did you play in total? Nineteen and there's twenty six in a season. Yeah, yeah, yeah.
Speaker 3: But this is the thing I would argue, quality wise and consistency outside of pre season, outside of pre season. By the way, Tony Mestro, if you're welcome for that one hundred grand, if you know what they did with the one hundred grand that I want.
Speaker 1: Them, they bought you into retirement with it. Yes, they nudged me out. They bought a sauna for all the boys. Yeah yeah, So what are we getting to go in that sauna? I don't know. I don't know.
Speaker 3: I don't think that you know what because Manly's facilities right, so it's the most high tech security system you've ever seen, like for a rugby I've walked in there, but it's for training its face I d so like the building where the sauna is in the locker room is you have fingerprint with your face to get in and as soon as you finished, literally I reckon. The day after Brad Parker said the same thing because he went he left some boots in there. He went to go back into his locker to get them and mate. The day after the season finished, bulls they had to race. They had raced out.
Speaker 1: We were still got to clear our locker out. You still want to clear it out for you?
Speaker 2: It was pretty confronting. I remember when I was working at Triple Amp there were people who it was so ruthless. I was watching, going what is happening? And these people laid off. I forget what it was, but there was no sentiment, there was no empathy. They sent the security in Marster, they picked up their computers and master them out of the office. That's wild, that's crazy, And it's that's his court, that's his corporate world.
Speaker 1: I mean, I used to work in corporate world, and yeah, fu at cb A sitting in CBA and people just walking out of the box.
Speaker 2: Of their ships. Wild. So we're actually thinking about putting a going to put a sworn around the back. And if we're going to do a sworn, and let's do it just a whole bath house made. If we put the bath and made come over me.
Speaker 1: Yeah, there's going to be like a massage. I don't want Maddie over here though he's rigg put you put it a shame.
Speaker 2: I saw the calendar.
Speaker 1: Oh my goodness, do so that calendar was. I did three weeks in Bali and landed that morning to do that shoot. So I'm bodied by bintang and bloated as fuck. You were very really tan, and Matt's just halfway through the Ned Brockman challenge. The guy, I've seen youre body fat or skeleton fucking help, And then I had to stand next to him a bunch of animals as fuck. Do you know? It was really funny that day we did that shoot a It was the it was like a petting zoo out dural. It was closed for a private event, a seniors event, and then they were like, oh, I suppose you can do it while we're doing that anyway. They had an ambulance on site just in case, because Maddie's walking around with no shirt on and all these old ducks. It's just like, shit, I'm milking a cow while looking like a cow. And it was just like they were just dropped. They were dropping like fliers.
Speaker 2: Yeah, but the picture in there June.
Speaker 3: Now, Maddie Jay, obviously he's your main podcast two Dotting Dads, as opposed to the one you.
Speaker 1: Do with Woodsy.
Speaker 3: He's your right hand man, Maddie. I wanted to ask, how did that come about. I'm always very interested when a show comes together, whether you've been friends for ages, or whether you just admired each other's content work and you just got together really really.
Speaker 1: A couple of years ago, he reached out to me just with a content idea and we sort of met up. It was funny. We the first time we met was like a bit of a blind date situation where he messaged me and said, I've been invited to this meta event do you want to come? And I was like, yeah, sweet, you never met nah, but we were like we wanted to do some content together, and then we ended up making a video in it like it was in a playground setting that was really like it was meant to be really funny, but it was ended up being really dramatic. It was like the music behind it. It was like when you spot someone you when you spot another dad, you know, in a park because being in a park with a bunch of kids, it's fucking so boring torture and you see. And so we did the whole like come together really slow running and the in the park spinning and all sorts of stuff like that, and it went off and people were loving it. And we did a few other things, and I had a few ideas for a podcast, and then one of them was a dad sort of relationship podcast. And it was really hard to get across the line because he he's done a few pods before, his wife's got like one of the most successful pods that works at a r N. And then I ended up saying to him, I told good, I got another dad. He was like, oh yeah, yeah. I just left it for a week. And then I was like, are you sure you don't want to do it, and he was like, yeah, okay, we'll do it, but we have to call it two doting dads. And I was like why. He was like, because one time Daily Mail written article about him just because he was taking the kids to the park, because how low the bar is for dads? A right, So you're in Lark when it finally happens, if it ever happened fingers cross there as well. He was just at the park with his kids, the Bare Minimum, and they wrote this article saying, oh, doting dad Maddie Jay. So it was a bit of a jab towards Daily Mail. And then yeah, we just recorded at his kitchen table was full of laundry with a producer and she was Keisha.
Speaker 3: Yes, Keisha Pettitt. She actually used to work at Triple M with you, dad. Yeah, I think she used to do some producing for she did.
Speaker 1: Yeah, yeah, you know. Yeah. So we sat and she was like, there's something here you got You've got to go with it.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Wow, it's been too Yeah, it's been just past two years and one hundred and forty eight.
Speaker 2: Appsent say, I love the name because they say that that doting dads are often a turn on for females.
Speaker 3: So can I ask my ignorance, what is a doting Dad's you are joking, aren't you?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: No, it's a it's a it's a present caring dad essentially, Like is that almost is it like a stay at home dad? Not necessarily, No, it's just a more involved and like this generation of dads is where what it used to be like forty forty seven percent of dads used to change nappies. Now it's at ninety seven percent. Well do you that's a stat David Middleton, Yeah, and that's it was just Mitch Moses.
Speaker 2: Back in the day we knew before the disposable nappies used to have the old washing them. I have to wash them, pull them off.
Speaker 1: Were you it was a real mess?
Speaker 3: Were you a because I would say you weren' a doting dad, especially when you were playing. Yes, I was, well, you was like at present, you were quite absent from about now.
Speaker 1: That's the main thing, all right, guys, but he's more of a mate now than a day.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I would know, I would say out of the shear fact that you worked a lot, your travel for football, and then you were also doing stuff you know.
Speaker 1: With the footage exactly you know what.
Speaker 3: Yeah, I was going to say talking about mad Mondays when Jack was born.
Speaker 1: I've heard the story. Really, Have you had your moum on the pod? B oh, yeah, she had some laundry out. Yeah, it was like she was telling us that you went out, came back. They she didn't want you to come into the hospital. They let you in and then you ordered a pizza.
Speaker 2: What happened. Yes, we'd want the grand find. The whole city was celebrating, and so at the hospital they just said maybe we've got a spear bed. You want to stay? And I said, yeah, I stay. So I stayed for six days, even when Trish wanted to go home, stay a couple more days.
Speaker 1: It was so good.
Speaker 2: So through the day the p with you're out celebrating, still getting on the drink. They don't stagger back to the hospital. About eight o'clock at night.
Speaker 3: The hospital or the hostel, leave the hostel and go to And I used to hear Trisha the gun.
Speaker 2: I'd do the buzz and I hear her saying, don't let him in, don't let him in there, come in. Then I say, tell you what, ladies, have you got any sand We just, oh no, we haven't. Couldn't order me your pizza? Could They would not a problem?
Speaker 1: They rang ringing, yeah, yeah, she was saying that she he ordered the pizza and then passed out.
Speaker 2: Happened. Do you know what? They revived me meat lover.
Speaker 1: As soon as he smelled the meat lovers. He was like, resurred, clear, you know what.
Speaker 3: You just reminded me because our cousin Sarah was getting married. At the end of the shadowt to Sarah and Phil if they make it there, because lots can go wrong.
Speaker 1: Right, feel a very traditional name it is.
Speaker 3: Yeah, Yeah, he's not young. He's about eighty. She's about twenty four. Yeah, well gil Gilf.
Speaker 2: Sorry.
Speaker 3: She used to live with this right for a while and whenever mum and dad were away, like she kind of babysit us. But like I was, you know, I'd sneak out and have a couple of beers like I was young, but not.
Speaker 1: Con yourself in too much mane. Anyway, It's fine.
Speaker 2: I'm twenty five.
Speaker 1: I mean, he's third and nice to buy his grog for him twenty five and a half now, so it was fine. I can air it out.
Speaker 3: But I used to because at that age, like uber eats and that wasn't really around, so it's not like late night you order and I couldn't drive. So we had these micro We had these frozen pizzas that we remember them, the frozen square. They were circle. We just get them down to the.
Speaker 2: Oga through every shape there.
Speaker 3: Yeah, it's I think it was, and I've put it in. This is one of the like when you fall asleep. I've put it in the in the oven and I'm sitting on the couch. Takes about twenty minutes. I've passed out on the couch. Sarah lucky Sarah was living with us, because the whole place would have burnt to the ground.
Speaker 1: She reckoned. I mean, remember how I met. How long the smoke took to get out of the house, like it would completely cold, black charcoal hangs around like a bad guest. Smoke.
Speaker 3: You can't get rid of it, mate, smoke is It's a tricky little they like crabs, tricky little customer.
Speaker 1: I used to live. I used to live with the family in Elanora Heart when I moved back to Sydney and with a mate, and he was the worst for that. He would get home, put something in the oven, and fall asleep at the fucking table, and then I wake everyone up with the smoke alarm. Nearly burned the fucking house down.
Speaker 2: Which tush, She never told you about the time that she was so stoned she got she got home and tried to tried to cook squid rings in the microwave and then watching ages.
Speaker 3: Squid rings calimari, Oh, is that what squid rings are called.
Speaker 1: That's what they used to be called. Bro.
Speaker 2: So, honestly, back in the did you go to school.
Speaker 1: As I went to school in Eleanora.
Speaker 2: Yeah, it must have been an excellent school given the fact that you know, like hear that squid rings.
Speaker 1: I went to Some Paul's for one year selling me.
Speaker 2: Yeah. St.
Speaker 1: Paul's a good school.
Speaker 3: Back to mad J because I wanted to bring up he was obviously on The Bachelor, right reality TV. I've got a bone to people with reality TV. I want to see if you agree with me. Have you ever done reality TV?
Speaker 1: No? Na, no? Would you? Oh look, money talks, but if the money was good, I wanted to say, you would do Love Island. I reckon divors Ireland should take off.
Speaker 3: Yeah, but I'm going to pitch Swingers Ireland where a cup like actual married and they do that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they do that, they do It's not married couples though, it's like it's the English one. Then you've got to watch you missus by someone else you have not seen that sounds pretty cool. I haven't seen that all ray TV.
Speaker 3: Do you think it's because I when obviously Maddie J got his name from winning The Bachelor right, yep. And I look at a lot of the reality TV stars now that come out of it, and they're never quite they're not really household names, you know, they're not really like they don't really so much of it.
Speaker 1: They don't really take off and become household names anymore.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: Is that Do you think that's because Radley TV has gone down? Yeah, totally, That's one reason I think like it Also with Maddie, he's just done such a good job to stay relevant. Like he he he adapts so well. So he went from losing the Bachelorette to winning the Bachelor to then taking what he had and running with it instead of like a lot of people don't. And he's like he's really switched on opposed to a lot of these other dickheads. Yeah. But I think also like they've just flooded the market. It's flooded the market a bit with a bunch of desperate people. It's also another thing I'd like to see is they always put these really good looking people and love shows winging about that they can't five fine love, but they're also fucking good looking. Put a couple of ugly people in there. That's something like what people that are really actually struggling again to day, not these guys who just fuck around.
Speaker 2: Yeah, like that. But the other thing to keep You've got to remember this if we go way way back in time, back to the prehistoric days, when I was a kid in Newcastle was too too channels. There was the ABC and there was Channel three which was Channel nine affiliate. Even in in Sydney had nine, seven, ten, And then all of a sudden you had pay TV come in and you know these shows, you know, these big shows still maintain. But now these days you've got all the pay TV, it'd all free to wear streaming, You've got Netflix streaming and everything. It just gets lost.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, unless you like really got your finger on the polets like my missus who reality TV as a jam. Oh she loves it, and I'm just like, I can't fucking stand it. Like I'm open with matt about that, I can't stand reality TV as well, even though he's from reality TV. But yeah, he did really well to be more. Just more than that, is.
Speaker 3: There a show you do if you had to do, And this is a question for you too, Matthew.
Speaker 1: I would like to do Survivor or something one of the challenge ones right, like say yes if that comeback? Yeah, honestly, can you have beers out there? Probably it's oh yeah, I would say Survivor, but it would need to be like I don't want to be like the oldest all the youngest. I want to be like in the middle. What about you, I've.
Speaker 2: Been I've been asked to do most I got asked to do. You've been I've got celebrity start about four or five times. In no way.
Speaker 1: I've seen you downce down the colliery. You probably have a good crack at that. Yeah, every Friday, how good is salsa night down here? They do want up at the forest as well?
Speaker 2: Mate, it's insane slice of bonas areas here in Colorad and I.
Speaker 1: Goes crazy on Friday nights.
Speaker 2: So dance with the Stars we asked to do and get me out of here. Put it this way, like you go, okay, if I would never go on the show, it's the celebrity. If they think I'm a celebrity, get me on there.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's a low bar this year.
Speaker 2: It's but Survivor did a couple but it's just not my gal.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I like what I like. Yeah, there was a time there where I was going to be on Big Brother during COVID, but I did like the last I like the last stage with like it was like they put you with a group to see the dynamic and I just hated everyone and they put me in a group. Yeah, and I was like fuck this. Yeah, and I'm kind of glad that never happened.
Speaker 2: Well last you know, Steve Menzie's been a manly fan, the great Beaver Menzies. They once got him to do. He was in line to do Celebrity Survivor, right yeah, but then what he got down to the last cut. Now, Beaver was like, yeah, I'll do it. Yeah, yes, sweet, and they did. They did the psycho analysis of it. No, no, no, you can't do it. You're too good a bloke and you just coexist too well.
Speaker 1: Yeah, so you enough controversy. That's funny thing about Steve. I met Steve ten years ago. A friend of mine won like a manly experience where Steve picks you up. You go down to the Brookie Ovals. There was a BT fifty ut on the hill and it was free piers, free food or whatever, and it was it just happened to be the day that we flogged power like fifty four nils and it was about forty five degrees up on that hill. But I remember he picked us up from my mate's house and he obviously forgotten in the morning that he had to do this, and he had his kids in the car with him, and you know, we're twenty three twenty four, just on the piss all day. I spewed up like four times on Brookie Hill. Anyway, Steve was like, okay, well he had to keep coming back, and you can tell he just definitely didn't want to come back. And then afterwards we were to go to many leagues and we'd been on the piece all day and the heat get down there into the where they sign in and people are asking for autographs and photos with Steve as it happens, and he went to sign me in and he just did his initials, and I fucking was like, well, everyone else is getting a fucking signature and here I am getting fucking initials. Had a bit of a scuffle with him, a scuffle with him in the middle of the leagues. He anyway, I fucking they kicked me out or whatever, and I left spewed up at the bust up on the way home. And then because he's obviously working in finance and stuff now, he used to get on the same bus as me. And I remember I was sitting on a bendy bus and there was one seat next to me, and he got on. He took one look and got off the bus.
Speaker 2: Did he.
Speaker 1: And then at the leaguesy gym, I used to go there all the time, same thing. He walked in and saw me sitting there on the bench press machine and turned around and walked out. Ten years later, right last year, manly invited me to the awards night.
Speaker 3: You didn't get a call up last year? No, no, no, I would have cleaned up.
Speaker 2: You would have cleaned up, right, Yeah, the best retired and give you the mop and bucket cleaned up.
Speaker 1: And I took Maddie with me because it was his bump chump my day. And I walked in and it's all these really nice tables Star Casino, and I was like, fuck, I hope they don't sit next to Steve Menzies and walked over and Bingo goes Steve's wife, Steve, me Maddie, and Maddie goes, I'll just sit in the middle of them, buffyo and thankfully at the time, Steve didn't put it together what was going on ten years later and where I'm sort of like not overly chummy, like I'm sort of like chatting or whatever, like I thought it was all funny, and then Maddie was like, oh, just I'll protect you from this. And then Maddie goes, Maddie get leans over Stephen goes, do you recognize this bloke and points at me and I went, oh, fucking here we go, and She's like no kind of her. I said, oh, yeah, you picked me and a couple of mates up with your kids to go to the footy ones and you just went this fucking guy. His wife was like, what's going on? And we told the story and he was just like fucking oh you're a past like just full still did he was it water under the bridge? Yeah, yeah, were sweet by the end of it.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Yeah.
Speaker 1: Eventually I moved overseas and I was chatting with him. It was just like a full circle moment to close the gap.
Speaker 3: To be on you must have done something bad to be on beaver side, because you live Beaver doesn't have beef with anyone.
Speaker 1: I think it was just sick of me. His head. Yeah, so like it was. It was a classic, so hot up there on that hill. It was early doors in the season, so it was still kind of summer weather, and we gave him a flogging and I was just sinking tin. It's pretty hard.
Speaker 2: Yeah, oh mae.
Speaker 1: It's easy to It's easy to get caught up on.
Speaker 2: Games. I actually played Beaver when he's first of the first great game, five hundred game, because he played a mile of games in England in the Super League as well. But one of his first ever games, well, Newcastle versus Manly in ninety two or ninety three and we're sort of both really young guys. I remember Beav, I didn't even know who he was, and he got the ball and first time does that double jump and then banging. I'm going, fuck, this guy is good. And about the third handle he sort of got half through and how one of our defenders got caught up and Beaf did his knee, did his a cl carried off. But the thing about that a cl Do you remember Nick Koseph years ago?
Speaker 1: Yeah?
Speaker 2: Nick, Nick was a great play Him and Beaver were best mates. Nick. That day, Beaver was wearing Knick's book Boots the week before Nick did his knees in those boots and then Beaver of the Week out. Yet they threw the boots out.
Speaker 1: They burnt the boots.
Speaker 2: No, wow, the boots no longer.
Speaker 1: I remember when we had years of like a lot of a cls and they were blaming the blades. Remember the blades, Yeah, yeah, were they were blades were they might have been too there.
Speaker 2: Is you know actually, I mean I'm going to have bore people with it here. So it's never happen anyway. But a lot of times it's the boots. The boots man a lot of the modern boots that the grip is too heavy on the bottom and you see guys doing soft tichu injuries, a c ls, all that stuff.
Speaker 1: Yeah, I did both my ankles at the same time. We're playing soccer and the studs got stuck on a slide tackle, just both. And sometimes it's the it's the turf with the boots.
Speaker 3: Sometimes, you know, if it's it's a turf, there's got a lot of gift, Like you got to adjust the boots off.
Speaker 2: Wearing a lot of the old traditional starts.
Speaker 1: It's a single yeah, yep, just on Maddie.
Speaker 2: So he was on The Bachelor.
Speaker 1: Started on The Bachelor atte he got runner up, he cried a lot, was yah. It's always works well for the camera, oh man, every like the last couple of years. On his birthday, sent them a picture of him crying.
Speaker 2: When you go on those shows, you've gotta have a checklist. Number one is heartbreak, number two, sensitivity number three. You just lost his loved one.
Speaker 1: That's always sub story is always going to win big.
Speaker 2: Here's big ratings, big revenue.
Speaker 3: Like a stray back in the day that was the Yeah, yeah, come on this songs for my you know, my siblings.
Speaker 2: This is my third cousin's favorite song.
Speaker 3: With that story, I'm a skeptic. I wonder how many of those stories.
Speaker 1: Like, probably none of them. A true No, this is what happens, right. A producer gets hold of that story and then they'll poke the bear a little bit. I mean once that document the Jerry Springer documentary, Yes, like that where they'll be like they'll wind you up in the room.
Speaker 2: Yeah, with Jerry Springer, you know the people who get out there and just being a frenzy, you'll fight. They would take the person away and say, now this bloke, do you know what this bloke has been doing your wife, and are you going to stand for that? Because people like that, you know, people think you're a walkover and people they just build a market and put on.
Speaker 1: And then they would say, if you don't get out there and perform, then you don't get a flight home. And these people all poor and ship. But similar for that would be they would grab hold of story and just pull a piece of string and then I would know what to say to just get a little bit more emotion out of here. Yeah, but they every time. It could be you could be the shittest singer on Austrain and I would be like, my dad died, and they'd be like the finals, You're going through the finals, golden golden buzzer.
Speaker 2: Touchdown. But like with with Maddie, how long how long after did he get married? And was he did he marry someone connected to any of these shows or anything?
Speaker 1: So he he is still with Laura that he ended the show with. They got married officially got married like two or three years ago.
Speaker 2: To be rare, wouldn't.
Speaker 1: Yeah, after having kids, there's a couple. There's him, Tim Robard, Sam Woods, Like there's a couple, Like but you can see the sort of guy they are there, more more mature, not fucking gas bagger. Yeah over here, Yeah, he'd be actually good Loam Island. You get voted out immediately. I don't think you've got the rig for it.
Speaker 2: I don't bland.
Speaker 3: Well, I reckon, I'd I reckon, I'd win it.
Speaker 1: I wouldn't.
Speaker 3: The thing is, I wouldn't shock up with anyone. I'd go in there and I just I just be me, And I think i'd win one of the boys. I'd win it isolated. I'd be the first winner who ever wins without a partner on that.
Speaker 1: Well, we really love coopridg just on his own in that way. He's not annoying anyone all the time.
Speaker 2: I reckon. But this is the danger with reality TV. You are you are subject subject to the editors.
Speaker 1: They just sit there, mate.
Speaker 2: It just they as much as your personality, they will form the personality in the edits.
Speaker 1: Yeah, and you see you see the shockers that get bad at it, but you feel.
Speaker 2: Bad the cutaways. We're just getting technical there for a second about you know, but TV and everything. Guys.
Speaker 1: I'm going to talk a lot about.
Speaker 2: Two shots, three shots here and cutaways. It's going to go over your head. But let me just try to make it simple. So reality shows, you and Ash can be having a conversation and all of a sudden you say something and all of a sudden my reacit. They have my rection on the show going. But what it is throughout the night when they're having the dinner, they just have the cameras trained on everyone all the time, so they will take your expression that you did now earlier and apply it to that.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it's cool about it. That is because you don't have any control over that, and the contracts are so.
Speaker 3: Bad, like, yeah, they give you any power.
Speaker 1: There's no power, so like that's why it's like I wouldn't obviously I'm married Becauds, I wouldn't be on Love Island or anything.
Speaker 2: May just do it.
Speaker 1: Yeah, just limit absolutely. It's great for the podcast, it would be great for you.
Speaker 2: The audience love that I work in an erotic massage pilot, Trish, it's cool just bringing in the hands.
Speaker 1: I recognize you take your pants off and let me see if I recognize it's your baby hands. Yeah, it definitely made mine look big. I don't need to push the base down.
Speaker 3: Well, look another lift, lifting the lid on our personal house and growing up like I've caught this fella giving himself a Hillary multiple times, weird Al Yankovich, you're on the human mane.
Speaker 2: If you've got two of those and one of those is gonna happen.
Speaker 1: It's going to happen. Can you change hands without losing a stroke? No, I can't good with my.
Speaker 2: Left hand one day. Funny, I can pass through good with my left hand, kick my left foot for the other stuff.
Speaker 1: It's my right hand sometimes make a numb retreat. Isn't that funny? Though?
Speaker 3: Like the difference between a right and the left hand, it is a very like it is a master stroke. It is such a the right hand understands me like the left hand would never get me.
Speaker 1: I date, my right hand wouldn't even go on flags on that left hand.
Speaker 2: I give you a challenge, boys today, now wipe your ass with left hand.
Speaker 3: Oh yeah, not just to us, all the listeners, all of our backstage.
Speaker 1: All of them. Let us know. I used to have a manager that used to say, like you used to wanting you to tomorrow start your day opposite, So do everything, brush your teeth opposite, wipe your ass off opposite try and take a piece, holding with the opposite hand, just anything the whole morning, and just be like, just to open your mind up a little bit. Harry granted that one day as well.
Speaker 3: Harry did that one day we just tried everything with the left because you wanted to get better.
Speaker 1: With such a good player.
Speaker 2: Now, now what I saw him going that in the origin other night. It was like he was kicking with his left foot.
Speaker 3: Hey, mate, you to the shower. Can one more Harry thing that you reminded me of? So you know how Dad was granting about boots before, and so Dad's been like this always right, anytime anyone gets hurt, he always goes made what boots you're wearing? And he always tries to bring it back to the boots because he's such a big believer in it, which I appreciate.
Speaker 1: Mate, you believe something, You've got to believe in something, and I feel like something. Bro. Yeah, once you've got something in your head and you're like, I know this is the problem, You've got to try and sell. Well, you might spot you might swallow your words after you hear this story.
Speaker 3: So Harry, Harry got hurt one time and Dad goes oh mate, I'll ring Harry about it.
Speaker 1: Mate. You know it's all right mate, Yeah, yadda YadA. What did you do? Yeah, yes, sweet mate. What boots were you wearing? What boots you're wearing?
Speaker 3: Anyway, The reason it's so stupid in this sense was Harry hurt his shoulder.
Speaker 1: And we had to go on the phone down there.
Speaker 3: Harry's going like listening to Dave Rand about the boots. The boots are like, you know, you got to get there, and then Harry's.
Speaker 1: Like, Maddie, I really I think it's a.
Speaker 3: Stretch in this sense thinking that because I hurt my shoulder in a tackle, I don't know if it's reflective of the boots.
Speaker 1: And he's going fair enough, you know, probably you're probably right. You're not a tripped boots was the guy he tackled wearing could be a jinked a jinked right and boom.
Speaker 2: Story is similar to that. I'm talking about boots and whatnot. A very good friend of mine, fellow called Craig Johnston, right, Newcastle boy played for Liverpool one of the European Championship, invented the predator boot and he was saying when he first invented the Predator boot like it was a lot of controversy. Is this book going to work? And he the first person to wear the boot was Manchester, not a play called Paul ince John. I was so nervous on this game. Is the boot gonna work? Is going to stand up? He went to a shopping center and he was walking around. Somebody come up and goes, Craig Man, you one nil And he goes, oh, where who scored?
Speaker 1: And they went.
Speaker 2: Paul int Ship went, you're fucking kidding me and ran ring his mate and city scored. He said, yeah with a header.
Speaker 1: Your two kids and all of those brilliant boy and a girl. Yeah. Oscar is turned six in two weeks. Mays three and a half.
Speaker 3: Oh well, I wanted to ask her right, because Dad seems to think Dad has his own opinion on this. Do kids make your marriage, like your relationship with your partner better or worse?
Speaker 1: It's a mixture, I think, only worse. There's times where it's your roommates, like, for example, like you're you're a long way out of nappy, Well you still changing the nap.
Speaker 2: You're talking about ten years I'm back in.
Speaker 1: It's you sort of go through the phase where you're in the trenches. For sure, Like now for April and I, the kids are pretty self sufficient, the you know, the entertain themselves. Then not as stressful. There's always different problems, but it for sure can make your marriage a bit of a task. And then I suppose like the people who who stay together work on it, right, So the ones that the ones that get too fucking like this is too are they usually yeah, yeah.
Speaker 2: It's a it's a handful, like yeah, quite seriously. When the boys were born, particularly when Jack was born, first child, I was terrified. I was terrified. I'm in the hospital drunk, repeats Pepperoni handed back. Now we get home from the hospital and it's just me, Trish, new baby. You're going right okay, middle of the night like Jack hasn't been crying, is okay? And listening to your breathing, yes, all those, all of those things. The whole world.
Speaker 3: Revolves around one thing, right, Terrified for twenty five years, I don't know. When you have Jack for twenty five years, you've only worried about basically yourself and your partner, and you get a whole nother life. One of the best, the best piece of vice. I over got a year three math teacher.
Speaker 1: Yeah, you know what she told me?
Speaker 3: So she she said, Cooper, you need to stop breaking into my house and threatening to hurt yourself unless I go out with you know, she did say that. She said, as you as you progress through life, your why changes. Yeah, and I can imagine that having having you know, Jack, your first boy, your wife has been so different for so long, and then everything your why for everything you.
Speaker 1: Do in life goes to your horse why changes unless you're a crackhead I wish I am. Yeah, like you're saying, it's so daunting, you leave the hospital, drive forty ks an hour to get home because you're like, fuck, I don't want to hurt this thing. Yeah, and then you get home you're like, all of a sudden, you've forgotten everything that you learn when you're in the hospital. And I think like a big message we tell our listeners is like go easing yourself. It's like it's like starting a new job, right. No one expects you to be the best of that job on the first day, and especially for like new arms. They usually you know, there's so much judgment. They put so much pressure on themselves that when you get to like, you know, when they finally get out of the trenches, it's like the scarred from that moment. But like just we always say, like, just go easier yourself. It's fucking tough, you.
Speaker 2: Know, you don't really help triciaan and I was. We had two border Collie dogs and they had nine pups. Had nine pups Border Collie pups, and two of the two of the pups were Honestly, when they were born, we thought they were still born, but they were alive, and we had to nurse them and feed them and that happened. And I'll be honest when you and then like the care we had to give those dogs compared to really Jack, the dogs were a lot more hard work.
Speaker 1: Yeah, the kids are resilient, man.
Speaker 2: Like.
Speaker 1: I remember Macy's first Christmas, she was only two months old or something like that, and Oscar's opening presents and Macy's on the couch and then we're sort of concentrating on Oscar and then all of a sudden, you hear this bang. She's Macey's rolled off the fucking ouch. Hadn't him made president? Opening he is starting, You're like, oh fuck. And the first time you drop a kid, You're like, shit, is he gonna be a fine? Bounce up? They bounced back up.
Speaker 2: Man.
Speaker 1: Well they're built, aren't they. They're built for that. They're built for a bit of They're built for dropping, are they they built? Well? The Barnes early on quite a lasting Well look at me drop heaps and I turned out right, sure you just you nearly didn't get that sentence out where am I?
Speaker 2: Hey?
Speaker 1: Oh, Jack wants to say something. Now Jack, go five seconds.
Speaker 4: Jack actually would have heard I saw you noticed a couple of minutes ago Matthew's watch went off and you sort of had a little look like what that noise was.
Speaker 1: It's sort of known amongst the audience.
Speaker 4: Now Matthew has this new like added ass watch, this one hundred dollars watch for him, and he he doesn't know how to change that beep. He doesn't he hasn't figured it out. So all of this on the hour, every hour, all day long, on his shows on Fox, on all his radio programs, you can hear it. So if you if you're listening to him in the future, you'll know exactly how that sounds.
Speaker 1: We're very we're very similar that I've got a I've got a Cassio calculator watch at home and I've had it for four years and I don't know how to turn the alarm off. And it goes off at eight pm every night, still goes off. I don't wait in a Nicknack draws, you have to go turn it off every night?
Speaker 2: No, I just let it go. This one goes off seven am every morning, twenty beeps.
Speaker 1: Do you not know how to turn it off?
Speaker 2: No?
Speaker 1: Me either. No, I've just given up on it. This is still on daylight saving and four minutes. Yeah, I've watch. That's still on daylight. My watch doesn't even work. It doesn't even move, It just sits there like that. Hey is that g shot?
Speaker 2: Yeah?
Speaker 1: Very cool one.
Speaker 3: Another habit of Dad's that the audience enjoys, which I just let him go. Now, when you talk, you can probably hear it in the headphones. He heavy breeze straight in them.
Speaker 2: I like it.
Speaker 1: It doesn't make you feel it gives me goose bumps.
Speaker 2: Can help?
Speaker 1: What are you complaining about? Over here? Made you put a roof over your head? You've come back, You've come back to in your twenties. My mum would never allow that. We weren't even allowed to take our beds when we moved out. She's like, get your own fucking beds. What am I going to have a bedroom without a bed in it? Well, listen, I don't know.
Speaker 3: I didn't want to air this out to the people and stuff, but like I had to cut me and Jack had to come back home because Dad needs help changing.
Speaker 2: He's quite like, he's quite old and fragile. Also this, I'm not joking here. If something ever happened to Trish, at first, I'd be like joyous, and then after that I'd go I'd go, oh no, because I don't know a computer, never sent an email any of that stuff. And you find yourself. There's a couple of times where Trisha has threatened me the last couple of years out you know, you're a pig, get out, And I remember thinking to myself, I have to sort of crawl back to it because I'm thinking, oh no, you know, I don't know how to hook at TV up, to get the fox tell in all that sort of stuff.
Speaker 1: Just just make good. You wouldn't need to threaten you to leave. She's just threatened to stop doing your admin. That's scary enough.
Speaker 2: Well, I have an inability to type, and so we had inability yeah at the time, and.
Speaker 1: So what I was, that's exactly how you do it.
Speaker 3: You know that.
Speaker 2: That was me playing the vienna. And so when I used to send an article once a week into News Limited Daily Telegraph, when I sed to do my article, I used to have to firstly fax it in. There was a big joke in there, hang on, hit the basic I made the articles coming through and then they were like, mate, no more facts, man, Okay, okay, no problem. And so Trish is type it in. But then Meatrice had an argument, I'm not going to type your article, but I've learned the old talking to the phone, and she was shattered.
Speaker 1: You started hand delivering it. We're slow living teaching dad like life skills so that if he wants to leave the marriage he can because right now he's kind of trapped in it.
Speaker 2: I am.
Speaker 1: I do feel like he couldn't he couldn't leave.
Speaker 3: It could be worse man, Yeah, slowly, but trist did everything. Trist did everything like in terms of she taught me in Jack to drive like she was the one that taught us the life skills and Dad kind of just was pre isn't I guess, but that wasn't there, Like he never took us when we're on our l's. I was on the billboard on the only piece of advice Dad ever gave for driving.
Speaker 1: Because that's not a great driver, he said to Jack. And Jack will confirm this.
Speaker 3: He goes, Mate, now you know you're on your l's, are in.
Speaker 1: Charge of a you know, a car.
Speaker 3: It's a bloody big responsibility, mate, And he goes, I just wanted to let you know that you are now driving.
Speaker 1: A death machine. And Jack's like right, and he goes, you.
Speaker 3: Know you need to you will st on top of this, but if you don't know it yourself, you might kill someone else.
Speaker 1: So you need to really zone it. And Jack was like, I don't. This is day one of my l's.
Speaker 3: I don't need this kind of pressure.
Speaker 2: Well, you know, Jack, we'll talk about Trish doing things. Trish is always mog the lawn and when Jack was the young flow, I remember Jack came out when he was in Trish. We still talk about this.
Speaker 1: Trish walked.
Speaker 2: Jack walked out at the back of the house in Newcastle and saw me mowing for the first time and just started crying.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he was like who is that going to that's gonna hurt himself? Is he trained for that?
Speaker 4: Just on that, just on that death machine comment? Maybe if he maybe, if he told you that comment, you wouldn't have had that accident.
Speaker 3: National News wows most popular.
Speaker 1: And there was an accent the other day.
Speaker 2: Then here were coloring people tagging him.
Speaker 1: Did you say that people were hammering me work? Again? I was funny because I saw that, and then I spoke to you because you didn't go to Magic Ground, and I was like, fud enough a little bit mate. And then I'm at home and I flicked the TV on and to they show I think Sunrise or something, and there he is.
Speaker 2: Just the Morning Show with Larry, Larry and Kylie and he was just I love the intro and I go, they go Cooper John's cheated death and then they catch him. You were just laying in the like.
Speaker 1: Can I just say so when obviously Larry is a close personal friend. Shout out to Larry. Larry was my first ever guess on Dad terrific bloke in his house to record, he put a charcuterie board out. He loves the charcuterie.
Speaker 3: We often we often French kiss no but they when they said, oh mate, because they were key, I've done it once before. And then they were keen to get me back on, and I had just threw a postponed it. And then when the car accident happened, obviously a couple of weeks later, Oh mate, can you get you on? And I said, because I obviously like I take the piece out of myself quite a bit, like it was a serious thing. I didn't want to take the piece out of a car accident, but I always bring it back to humor because that's what I feel comfortable. We cope with it, yes, correct, But and I was like, oh, I said, we're not going to be like this isn't going to be like some sub story about me and there, and the producer goes, na, Na, We're keen to talk to you about, you know, just what's going on in the podcast. Were loving the potty and the radio and som happy to come on. Literally, I'm sitting in the chair and he goes this long intro he did Cooper John's comes on to talk about being unconscious and confused, and I was like, oh, ship, and I've just come on and I'm dressed in like a white shirt and a hat and I'm just like leaning into my chair, looked like the Beau idiot.
Speaker 1: Oh that's good, Yeah, yeah they did. They got me. I felt like I was on a current affair that come around the corner with the do you know how to drive? Sir? Do you know that's a death trap?
Speaker 2: Guys a dodger when they were they actually walking all of a sudden on those shows, they slow them into slow maw and they go to black and white.
Speaker 1: He owns people, heaps of money.
Speaker 2: You got the dodgy vill that. Yeah?
Speaker 1: Yeah, was this an insurance job?
Speaker 2: Smith? I talked about that pool.
Speaker 3: Your social media I wanted to ask you about it. How did you build that up? Because you got to you got a large probably you got about across Instagram and TikTok.
Speaker 1: I got about a million followers on there. Is that? Is that just something that happened like randomly overnight or is it? Look no, I wish it was overnight. I started making silly video during COVID and I didn't want to make slapstick comedy videos. I wanted to kind of capture the small interaction you have with your significant other, which and just and I originally started to see to do it, to see if other people doing the same thing, and it just so happens that they are the same thing. So I think I posted my first video at two hundred and twenty followers, oh wow. And then I posted ten videos a day for two years straight, ten ten plus maybe maybe more. I reckon, I've got a folder of ten thousand videos. Wow, I've created? Yeah, which one? Which one was?
Speaker 2: It was the one that really sort of.
Speaker 1: There was two. There was one originally, which was the phone call you make the phone call you make home when you finish work, and it's just like a nothing phone call. So like, for example, I lead work, I'd ring my wife my on way home, okay, okay bye. That's the people like, fucking we do that. Yeah. But then I had different interpretations of what that means to people. One, it's a warning on the way home, so you ma about it, get the blokeout, yeah yeah, yeah yeah, And there was all these different and so that one sort of took off. I was like, all right, cool, so people are doing the same shit. And then there was the one where I just if I'm like sitting at the on the couch with my wife and I just get up unannounced and she's like, where are you going? So people and that was the conversation, and then people started to stitch it and try it, and they were getting up and then you'd hear their wife in the back and go where were going? Yeah, they want to know where we're going.
Speaker 2: So true, It is so true.
Speaker 3: It is the relatable comedy you do. You're very clever with it. We were, especially the one. I always liked that you kind of you bring it back to it a lot of the time when you're asking your partner what they want for dinner.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, I got a good on my story the other day. Yeah, my wife is a walking piece of content. She's so predictable. I've been I've been observing her for like fifteen years now, so I'm pretty it's like a zooming closure. Totally yeah, yeah, yeah, yeah, And I know what the next movie is.
Speaker 2: I totally don't you?
Speaker 1: And I bade her all the time, where with this one. The other day, I a video about the face she makes when I suggest food she doesn't like, and it's just like a you know, yeah, it's like she's insulted. It's like when you sneeze around a dog and They're like same thing, like you've insulted their whole family. And I was like, before I put this on my story, I might just do a lead up story to it. And I was like sitting at my desk and I was like, hey, babe. She was like yeah, I'm like, what do you want for Finnish and classic? She was like I don't know, what do you feel like? And I was like yeah, and I just laughed and I was like, it's just so predictive.
Speaker 3: Is there anyone that surprised you that, like, because we've been out, you know, at the local having beers and people come up and go love your content, love your videos. Is there anybody that like when you were rising and you were like this person's like my video, this person's DM me?
Speaker 1: Like that really was Yeah. I had a big one you remember from The Big Bang Theory Penny every every teenage boys crush. Yeah yeah yeah, so she DM me no way and then started following me. She was just like I think you're hilarious and post meal story, it was fucking amazing, and I was like I didn't have the balls, like everyone has a crush on you. Yeah, yeah, but my hall pass, Yeah totally this is amazing.
Speaker 3: Dad can't understand the concept of the hall pass because like her and you know, him and Mum, they decided to.
Speaker 1: Get one clooney.
Speaker 3: Yeah, and then Dad just goes like our next door neighbor.
Speaker 2: She's not exactly a neighbor, just over the way, a little bit too close.
Speaker 1: It is too That's not how the concept works. It's not people. You just want to have sex within your neighbors, like I've got a bunch of them. The next night she comes over for dinner, you should have come around.
Speaker 2: Yeah. Do you know, like you sit it before about your predictability and you know each other so well. The boys will verify this. Trish is a chitter chatter and it's taken me, it's taken the thirty years of our marriage to actually understand that. When she sits in front of the TV and she just talks, she's talk looking just out of the ether, that she's not up. It's all rhetorical to get it out. She's going, oh my god, what is going on there?
Speaker 1: And I used to go, oh, pause.
Speaker 2: Oh you know, play oh wow? She for real? Yeah yeah, yeah, but I've realized now I don't even turn she Tristan us talks and I just un list you're watching and and I've worked at She doesn't expect she would have been that kid, that annoying kid in the family who sat in front of the TV and just spoke all the way through the shows chat.
Speaker 1: And like she just wants to get it out there, and like, yeah, I mean it's funny, like just some of the things that you sort of pick up on when you've been married for so long, Like there's just so many little bits and bobs that so for example, like if there, if we're anywhere else, here we go. Here's one. We're organizing Oscar's birthday at Now I can hear dad, Oh.
Speaker 3: Dad, you got to stop breathing, mate, It is that loud?
Speaker 1: Happened? I concentrating.
Speaker 2: Just get the fucking.
Speaker 1: Taken as a compliment.
Speaker 2: It started so light and did you hear that?
Speaker 3: Then it was people if they had AirPods in they would have dead set round is then going over?
Speaker 1: Okay, gentlemen, let's continue. Yeah, We're we're organizing Oscar's birthday at time Zone just because it's easy. And we were in there the other day and my wife's like asking me all these questions about the place and I'm like, you know, I don't work here, right, And she's like, oh, I thought you would just know because she just thinks I know everything about everywhere. Or if we're like she's like, oh, I've got to go to the chemistry. Know what time they shut? I'm like they shut a normal chemist time. Google it. Yeah, do you know if they've got these I don't work there, and I just know.
Speaker 3: It's that's like you don't your kid's going to be the exact same, because when you're young, you know, when you think your dad is just like you look up in your parents. You think they just know everything, they know the way the world works. They're your hero. And then you get to like seventeen eighteen and you see them like playing with themselves and ship and you're like.
Speaker 1: This bloke is just a legend. I've set the expectation really early. So o school asked me questions and it's like, your dad's an idiot. He doesn't know. Yeah, I do not know. This, don't start.
Speaker 3: That's a great message for the kids. Low expectations, don't set.
Speaker 2: The bar too high. I don't reckon the key to a marriage. And this is this is hand on my heart, and I've said this to mate to a good marriage. Right decade of you, I said, one of the key things is ignore the hypocrisies and don't keep at school board because there's hypocrisies all the times, no doubt. Like my dad used to say, say the sun to me, son, they all get all the women they get it. They must get a book when they're fourteen, and they read it, he said, because it's everyone. It's universal top And like even just before ashwhen we're here this morning, Trisha was like, what are you up to? And I said, I don't know. My bumck Coop and me and Coople talking about going down and get some breakfast. He has, oh that's nice. Yeah, so then you coep go down there. Literally as soon as we sit down. Yeah, Tris sends me a text, Now, how long are you going to be because I booked you a doctor's appointment?
Speaker 3: Yeah, and it was it was from when our food come out. It was half an hour aweight and the drive was twenty minutes to get there.
Speaker 1: And said, my breakfast. I've just set down for breakfast.
Speaker 2: She goes, oh, well, sorry for caring about your health, and I said, but you knew you know I'm here.
Speaker 1: Yeah, And anyway, that was annoying.
Speaker 2: And I get in the house and she goes, well, you don't care for she, don't care for yourself, and you don't care for anyone else, And I said, sheesus, fuck it right, that's steady on a little bit.
Speaker 1: It's funny to say that, Like, my wife always does this thing where we go if i'm if I'm going out with the boys, just the last thing she'll say or whatever is that don't be too late. And you're like, oh, thanks, buzz kill Absolutely, buzz kills is a terrible last one. Now what time do you think you'll be home? Yeah, tell me what the work? That's what she goes, what are you doing this afternoon? I said, I'm going to do this podcast and then I've got the manly game tonight. I've got made to the path and others. She was like, tell me the worst case scenario for you tonight. I said that the worst case. The worst case is I don't leave the house at all and I'm stuck here. The worst case for you is you're not going to see me for the rest of the night. But the Western weekend that's and for me, that's the best.
Speaker 2: The worst case for you is merely have a massive winner. I go to the part We're not the pokey, I go.
Speaker 1: On a Mad Monday whatever. Don't worry. Well, we've had to be here in Vegas together.
Speaker 3: I know that's a very possibility that you could be gone for the next seven days.
Speaker 1: I just got back from origin. I flew up Wednesday with points. Is that one of your first origins?
Speaker 3: Nah?
Speaker 1: No, I used to used to live in Tweeds. I used to go to someone call for a bit some course great to My sister used to live in west End, so I used to go up there a lot. But I sort of did a bit of a strike mission with I don't know if you know, Matt Beach. Yeah again, so he's my he's my videographer on the side. So I flew him up and we stayed in the backpacker like a bunch of kids, and we did Yeah, we did a Trainers Mad We did a Trainers Mad Monday video. So essentially just me in a fully dressed as an on field trainer, just rubbing people down on the caxton really and then and just just being a past So it was fucking good fun. And then we finished up filming at like two three o'clock in the morning, and then got on a flight at like six thirty in the morning back home, and I like, I rocked in and I was just a fucking shell.
Speaker 2: Of a human. Mate.
Speaker 3: So it doesn't like say it like a Vegas State of Origin magic round for a rugby league fan. It is just it is the it's the great It's the greatest day when you're in it, and the next four days following it it's the worst time.
Speaker 1: You're like, I only did I did a long weekend in Vegas this year because I didn't know I was going until the day before. I messaged you and I said, you're still going? And then I said to my wife, I'm off to Vegas, see honey tomorrow. And I took a mate with me then too to help filming. But yeah, three days we worked out. I had one meal in three days and oh it's amazing.
Speaker 2: You look, we went over last year to Vegas, myself fleshed, Heindy and Gordy. They sent us over on a reconnaissance ten days early.
Speaker 1: I come back.
Speaker 2: I lost eight kulos. Goes, mate, You're not going to Vegas ever again. By yourself. But I've got to give Vichi a massive wrap. Chi and Charlie. That two young guys for people. They do all the promos and Fox We've had Fox Sports America executives watch their promos and so good. They do a better job now NFL guys.
Speaker 1: Yeah, they're both. Yeah. I sort of met Veach's first year in Vegas. Actually remember running into you the first year in Vegas. I think you were three or four days in and you're you were carrying if you were carrying about three or four suits with you, like you've had fresh from the dry clean You've come. You popped out behind a pot plant somehow, and I took a look at you lived and because it was so it was so windy first year, was you look like you've been fucking sucking on the end of a bit of lipstick. It was, And I was just.
Speaker 3: Like, oh fuck, yeah, Dad was a mess that first Vegas trip, first first night.
Speaker 1: So that the second day we were there, We're going.
Speaker 3: To do a podcast with Hello Sport Boys.
Speaker 1: Just second day there, how's Vegas going? Yahd YadA?
Speaker 3: Dad went out the night before with Buzz Rossfield with Fletcherheini and Buzz was there as well.
Speaker 1: Buzz was he Buzz was there?
Speaker 3: Yeah, yeah, and completely gone off the grid. I had to go to his hotel proof I was his son. They buzzed me up to his room, got him out, did the podcast, but at this stage, Dad's lips were so chafed. Every time he'd smile in the podcast, they'd crack and start bleeding.
Speaker 2: You look like that.
Speaker 1: He looked like the joker because you recorded out the back of that results because it was so it was like a wind tunnel through there. That whole trip was so bad. I'm trying to remember like I did it. I had to do a golf shoot with Braith, and I was I walked in from the club at like seven thirty in the morning with Matt, and Matt was asleep because he's soft, and then I was like, okay, go up and get dressed as a nine am shoot. Matt rings me, goes you're awake. I said, yeah, I'm still awake, and then I got fully dressed, and then all I remember is them having to try and knock the door down because I'd fallen asleep sitting up waiting to go to this shop, and Matt was like fucking hell, like dragged me out. I went to the top golf and there's Braith, fresh as a daisy, of course, like the guys hasn't sniffed alcohol the whole trip. And he took one look at me and was like, fucking the hell.
Speaker 3: Look at you you guys, would you from my interactions with both of you, you seem like polar opposites.
Speaker 1: Yeah, it works that way. He's like, yeah, like he'll have a nudge when it's time to have a narge. But he's like, just he's got a brain, that's the difference. He's just like very good. And I remember doing this shoot and they bring out a bucket of beers on his tacos and I was just like so sick, and Braith was like fucking hell, Like how are you going to get through this? I played a cover drive, that's right, instead of a golf top.
Speaker 2: But you know what, Ash and boys, I've worked out with Vegas. It's more than just the big nights. Vegas is draining because everything everywhere you look is it's for your dopamine. Oh yeah, it's purely hitting your dopamine. The gamble, the poker machines, the neon lights, the fast food, everything is about your dopamoon. So after three days you're just fucked.
Speaker 1: Oh yeah, like we did. Three days is a good amount the time before, was it nine days something like that we did with Fox and it was like it was just too much. I remember at the airport on the way out and the lady was like, because it was so windy, so many flights we're getting canceled. They're like, oh, you're gonna have to fly out tomorrow. And I was like, I just was I'm not leaving this airport like fuck that.
Speaker 2: I don't think I've told him. I'll tell this one now, spend time, but.
Speaker 1: Because he.
Speaker 2: Sold the company now and hopefully you won't take offense. But that first trip we went to with there for ten days. At day nine, we are hanging by a thread and we're just going to get us.
Speaker 1: Out of here.
Speaker 2: So we're about to head back to LA and then fly back. Literally that day, I get a call from Steve Crawley's the boss of Fox Sports, and he goes, hey, Maddie, hears it sounded like Darren lockew he was driving me to walk away with He said, well, if that's the case, I got some bad news for you. I went, oh, he gues, I need you to stay in La one more night, and I went, oh, of course, why? He said, I mat Lachlan Murder wants you to have him around to his house. Actually, when we went, oh, I suppose you got to do.
Speaker 1: It, I met Lochlan Murdock on the field.
Speaker 2: I did.
Speaker 1: Everyone was too scared to go. I didn't know who he was. I threw him a footy.
Speaker 2: No.
Speaker 1: Then I get I'm getting a photo with him. And I come back and Carl was like, do you know who that was? Like, no, I just thought it was him, A bunch of maids. It was his security detail a week.
Speaker 2: So we're going We're sitting there and we're going, right, so is it a party? Is just us? And we're all going, mane, I don't know how we're going. How are we going to handle this? And I said, right, this is what we're going to do. We're going to be there at six. Let's meet down at the bar at three, just hammer vodka.
Speaker 1: I said, it's always the answer. Better turn up than awkward.
Speaker 2: So we turned.
Speaker 1: We turn up right.
Speaker 2: Fifteen acres and bell Air and we pull up in an ubad. The doors open, we start start walking down this like five hundred meter drive. Anyway, Fletcher, we're on the way down with laughing caroen On going, Mate, I wonder if you can fucking see this anyway, security brief. These blokes come up with these armed soldiers came up and go, hey, man, he can and he is. But he was very gracious, he was very very nice.
Speaker 1: Yes, I heard you had a good time in there. In fact, underneath his house, underneath his they've got all the dungeon.
Speaker 2: Yeah, I was just had all this like corridor, last table and what's his name? His last album Pavarotti recorded down there. Pavarotti went down there and said, this is the best acoustics I've ever heard. So I recorded his last album underneath in that in that area down there. Because you remember the move, Remember this would be a show when I was kid called the Beverly Hillbillies. That's the house.
Speaker 1: Oh really that's iconic, that hard yeah, and like oh yeah, I can imagine like the people that have been through that place. But I remember that trip because I went with Fox. There was an email that came out from Steve Crawley to everyone at Fox that was involved, and it was a lovely email about how it was so successful and blah blah blah blah blah. And then I remember saying to Madda, I'm like, should I should I reply all on this email, just just just for fun. And Matt's like, okay, I guess so, and I just because it was like, oh, I just want to thank everyone for such a successful trip. And I just responded saying just another day in the office. And then I sent a photo of me and Lachlan Murdock to him and I was like, I remember going through the email. Listen. It was like Braith Henty, I think you're on there. If you went back through it, you'd see And I was the only one to reply.
Speaker 3: I don't know who what Maddy j they sent the email because that doesn't even.
Speaker 1: Have I get a call from Carla Ko and Who's like, what the fuck of you is done? And I was like, oh, well, if I never got to work.
Speaker 2: With him again, it wouldn't have bothered me, becase we're talking about the class of class of cultures. Him and Sarah welcomes into the house and we just walk in. Oh yeah, he goes, what do you want to drink? Said, I have vodka, and we all sit down there and we go we go so, uh, he goes, what have you guys been doing. Yeah, we've just been in Vegas, just hammer on the piss for a week.
Speaker 1: What have you been up to?
Speaker 2: He goes, Yeah, me and Sarah just come back from the UK and we met met with the president of Lenski.
Speaker 1: He went, Okay, that's another name that's very similar similar. Where do you go to from that? Like how there's no relatability and now I'll just show myself out.
Speaker 2: Thinks that Fletcher was just firing questions, how do you mate, tell us about this? Tell us about that?
Speaker 1: And I'm going, oh, so does he Is he a fan of the show?
Speaker 2: Yeah, that's we I asked him. I said, just a question, Lachlan, why the fuck would you invite us Hillbilly's here? And he said, I'll tell you why. He said, I love the show, and he said, I just wanted to know. I've always wondered to you blokes lie each each other as much off camera as you do on. He said, I can see you do.
Speaker 1: That's good and we do. We're all just great, mate, makes a big difference for sure. Yeah, you guys are doing the bomb with Berder this week, can't you? I think a shoot with Bert with Leon Yeah yeah, I might be there throwing the ball.
Speaker 2: Yeah nice.
Speaker 1: I'm trying to get I'm trying to wheezle my way under that ship.
Speaker 2: Well so that locky gal.
Speaker 1: I actually sent Galvin a message last night because I was like, oh, good on your mate, fresh start.
Speaker 2: Yeah.
Speaker 1: What did he say back? Is it hasn't responded to?
Speaker 2: Is this you?
Speaker 1: What Isaac? Yeah, it's Michael Chamiss.
Speaker 2: Well, is that it?
Speaker 1: If you ever happened.
Speaker 2: I think we've made We've covered so much, ash Well, take a lot of your time. No, you're off to four points a part. Good lufted tonight, brother.
Speaker 1: Yeah yeah, look, I'm nervous, but I'm also like I might just load up on the broncost Yeah, one fifty games, so hopefully they show.
Speaker 2: Up for him.
Speaker 1: It could be free money for you. It's good gold Jas.
Speaker 2: He's a terrificshing fellow.
Speaker 3: He's a terrific Yeah yeah, yeah, he's a tough homebrek.
Speaker 1: He's short.
Speaker 2: It's called hombre Hambra. I said hom said said braid hambre We all three of.
Speaker 1: Us finished with a song. Sometimes, Yeah, let's do it. We got what song? Are you fan of Frank Sinatra? Not really? What about bon Jovi? Uh?
Speaker 2: Sure? Wanted dinner Alive? Always?
Speaker 1: What about Always?
Speaker 2: Always?
Speaker 1: Did? We just did an episode where I threw my neck out singing always how to wear a neck brace? What's the first word?
Speaker 2: I don't even know what's the first loose? You got.
Speaker 1: The sun? Remember there was that ad of MG? Yeah? Yeah, I was like, I don't know this song.
Speaker 2: MG.
Speaker 1: Yeah, he's a good. Look. I'm gonna put my radio head on for a second. MG is good talent, judge.
Speaker 2: You might have it.
Speaker 1: First year in radio is like, yeah, it's good time. Second year, second year?
Speaker 2: Might?
Speaker 3: I just added And I've been around so you're just about you for retirement then, And let me just usually around the six year mark, that's usually when I get.
Speaker 1: Six years, nineteen games, I haven't even completed the season. Welcome to media, brother, fairly completely set. Now you have the best pre season. Thanks.
Speaker 3: I appreciate and look, I know as a manly fan it must be quite a real few to what a sliding doors moment you're coming on my podcast and whatnot, But seven.
Speaker 2: Let's uh appreciate it.
Speaker 1: With the night's beat, The Eagles in there.
Speaker 2: Yeah, who wants to talk about that's clearly thanks for having me.
Speaker 1: Thanks boys,