Speaker 1: Great to have your company. I'm James Macpherson with Liz Storer and kayleb Bond coming up a childcare worker in trouble for drinking Gatorade on the job. Turns out it wasn't gatorade plus. When we look at the papers, Chinese swimmers test positive for performance enhancing drugs and then blame Australian beef plus the Labor Party unveil their plans for bridging the gap between Indigenous and non Indigenous Australians. All of that when we get to the papers a little later on. But the Olympic Games officials have defended two biological men competing in women's boxing events, and you won't believe they're rationale.
Speaker 2: Now.
Speaker 1: Iman Khaliff from Algeria and Lynn U Ting from Taiwan were banned from international competition after recent medical tests confirmed they had x Y chromosomes.
Speaker 2: In other words, they were biological men.
Speaker 1: But the IOC has allowed them to compete in Paris as women regardless, and listen to their reasoning. This is the IOC spokesman Mark Adams, and he told journalists, I quote, everyone competing in the women's category is complying with the eligibility criteria.
Speaker 2: To stop right there for a second.
Speaker 1: That gives you a clue that something is wrong, because what he should say is everyone competing in the women's category is a woman. But no, no, no, there's an eligibility criteria. Now listen to the criteria. He says they are women in their passports, and it's stated that is the case, and they are female. So there's the IOC's argument. It says that they're women in their passports, therefore they are women.
Speaker 2: Now we all know.
Speaker 1: There's an obvious problem with that, and that is that legal documents are no longer credible for determining gender. We spoke just last night about the fact that in Queensland, for instance, you can adjust your birth certificate even without undergoing any medical procedures. If you identify as a woman and live as a woman for the specified period of time, then the birth records are adjusted to.
Speaker 2: Say that you are a woman.
Speaker 1: And then if anyone sort of complains that maybe you're not, you simply point to the birth records, which you yourself adjusted just.
Speaker 2: Five minutes ago.
Speaker 1: So, Calvin Livez, here's my issue with this. If I were to go to the IOC, crude example, but go with me for a second.
Speaker 2: And I wanted to buy.
Speaker 1: Front row seats at a major event or worth five hundred dollars, And I handed Mark Adams a fifty dollar note and he said, well, I'm sorry, that's not enough you need. And I got at my biro and I just added another zero and said, no, no, it's five hundred.
Speaker 2: Would he agree that was reasonable?
Speaker 1: Because it's a lot easier to adjust the agreed value of a piece of paper than it is to adjust biological, immutable sex, is it not?
Speaker 3: Well, I just hope that that does become law, that I can, with a pen add another zero onto my fifty dollar note and make it a five hundred dollar note. I'd be all on board with that. Why don't worry about that. I mean, this is a bizarre case because these two boxes, as far as we can tell, have never outwardly identified as men or lived as men. So it seems as though they've lived their whole lives as though they were women. Now, look, I haven't looked between their legs, but I'm assuming that they have, you know, lady bits down there. But when they went to compete at the World Championships last year, they were given DNA tests to confirm that they were who they said they were, and they came back with high levels of testosterone and x Y chromosomes, which of course indicates some level of biological maleness about them. Now, they may never zones tend to be filmed, they may never have known that about themselves, but that's what turned up in the DNA tests, and so at that point there's no argument to keep competing. I mean, surely we all have to understand that there are certain things we can and cannot do in life based on the physical attributes that we are born with. I mean, you know, some of us come out with the half a foot or something, right, and that means that you can't be part of the military. Now, you might grow up thinking, well, I really wanted to be part of the military, but you're never going to be accepted into the military because they say, well, you've got a physical disability and that discounts you from being part of the military. That's just how life goes. It was quite funny I heard Chris o'keeff on two GB today saying that he really wished he could be a victorious secret model. But of course, as a burly man He's never going to be able to do that. That's just the reality of life. So if the DNA test comes back and says, sorry, you're a bloke, you can't compete anymore. And I get that that might be devastating that you can't compete, but that's just how it goes. We had to accept there are some things in life we can't do, and competing as a boxer, particularly a boxer when you've got high levels of testosterone and you're saying you're a woman, is just something you can't do.
Speaker 1: I've got to say to Chris o'keef just to encourage him stas he could probably be in a bikini on the front paper.
Speaker 2: That's a good point and he'd be fine. I would go with that, Liz.
Speaker 4: And this this is affecting everyone's scores, right. So two of these people are boxes, males versus women competing as women. Two of them are on the Zambian football team and our Matilda's went to play with them. One of them scored two goals. Do you call them goals? Okay, goals? And again you have to ask yourself, were you not a biological male, would you have scored twice against our girls.
Speaker 1: It's even worse to that because the other biological males scored a hat trick, which is three goals.
Speaker 4: Liz, I was getting to that, please continuing up to that, but thanks.
Speaker 2: For stilling said how little you knew about soccer?
Speaker 4: Trying to help you out for a minute there. My brain was like, it is a goal. Clearly I don't watch that much soccer. I'm sorry to.
Speaker 3: Europeans are writing now, Liz, socer is its football.
Speaker 4: Soccer, soccer get out, and so you have to go, how fair is this? Luckily the materialdas did get across the line six ' five, but how fair is this when that many of your goals came from the biological men on the Zambian team. And when we're talking about boxing as well, we're talking about a very real threat to women's well being in the ring. What woman, even if she is the best of the best, stands a chance against a male opponent. Boxing great Jeff Fennick has called this out is called the IOC utterly disgraceful. Direct quote from him is what has this world come to? Listen? I'm all for women's boxing, but do people understand the damage that can be done if men fight women. Put Mike Tyson in the ring with a female heavyweight and she will end up not just concussed, but with brain damage. Can you believe that? Here we are in a society where male violence against women has never been more of a talking point. DV has never been more of a target, or the government funding that goes into combating this, etc. And we've just made a spectator sport. Basically, if we've got when we talk about the Olympics, we are talking about the upper echelons of any sport. We are talking about the international stage. And these guys have folded. They've said, look, as long as it's what it says on your passport, then that's what you are. Meanwhile, we've got Queensland whose laws have just come into effect. Over the last month, over two hundred people have changed their biological sex on their birth certificates, etc. Is this where we're going now? If you can just get it on paper, the rest of the world is expected to say, Okay, then that's what you are, even when we know it's creating an impossibly unlevel plane.
Speaker 3: Well, this is the sort of weird place that feminism centered up in, right, like the first wave was, we don't need men. Then the second wave was we are the same as men, we're equal to men, and then the third wave seems to have turned out as men come and be women with the rest of us right, Like, not bizarre, it's utterly bizarre that it's turned from a movement that was sort of anti men in many ways that is now openly inviting men to come into their spaces, come into their sports, come into their bathrooms and their toilets and whatever, and say, well, as long as you say you're a woman, then that's fine. And as I pointed out last night, the research into boxing in particular has shown that someone who has gone through male puberty has punching power one hundred and sixty three times sor one hundred and sixty three times dred and sixty three percent slightly different more powerful than that of someone who's gone through female puberty. We're not just talking about, oh, you know, we're playing golf and perhaps a bloke can punted another twenty yards down the road. We're talking about serious punching power there. So you put them, as Jeffinik points out, put a biological man in the ring with a biological woman. What do you think is going to happen.
Speaker 4: They know what's going to happen, and that is why it is just completely unforgivable. They know, they know what the outcome is going to be. They have sanctioned this, and I don't know what's going to happen in the ring, but it's on their heads.
Speaker 1: The problem, as we talked about last night, is they can't back away from this because as soon as you start saying there are certain sports in which transgendered women cannot compete, then now you're making distinctions which their ideology does not allow them to make. Trans women are women, trans women are women. Repeat it verbatim as if it makes sense. Once you've adopted that mentality, that there's no shade of gray and.
Speaker 2: There's no room for nuance. But I watched some of.
Speaker 1: The footage of that fight between Iman Khaliff and one of the women that this person was fighting against, and it was pretty brutal. Khaliff was getting in some big hits and won it very easily, and I was wincing as I.
Speaker 3: Was, well, yeah, yeah, I know. Look, I have to say, though my passport, much along the lines of your five hundred dollar notes, says I'm the Prime Minister of Australia, and that's that I'm taking over the joint now now. And if I were the Prime Minister of Australia, there's one bloke I'd be having a word with and saying, look, do you know what you're talking about here? And that's the new vice chancellor of the Western Sydney University. Now. He's only ascended to the role in the last week or so and he's made it his first order of business to complain about the cost of degrees, particularly arts degrees. He says, something that really burns at me is the fact that we're about to have fifty thousand dollars degrees for art students. Arts to degrees are often the degree of choice for low socioeconomic status students, for Indigenous people and for women. They are rightfully fearful of having a debt until death because they are unable to ever properly repay it. George Williams is his name. Now. There was a change that was made by the Morrison government whereby they moved the funding that is given to certain university degrees to send it the things they thought people should be studying, i e. Nursing. They now get a lot more government funding than say, arts degrees, which means you, as the student, if you go and study an arts degree, have to pick up more of the tab to that, I say, fair enough. But I also say to mister Williams, if you're worried about the cost of a degree, now look the strange idea. But you're the vice chancellor, you're the boss of the university. Don't you have some say in the cost of that degree? Could you not find efficiencies somewhere so that that degree was cheaper? Of course, you're not going to do that because you want the money. What you're really saying is it's not about the cost of the degree. It's about the debt that the student is incurring. And you would prefer more people to come and study at your university, but you don't want them to have to pay for it. So who's going to pay for it? I am you at home are Because what he's actually asking for is more government subsidy for the degree, not for the cost of the degree to go down. Why can't the universities knock their heads together and reduce the cost of the degree without going cap in hand of the government begging them to hand over more money.
Speaker 1: You've got the government subsidy, you've got the fee component. They want more government subsidy when they could just reduce the fee component. Correct, And the vice chancellor, and God bless him, good luck to him. But last year at that university, the vice chancellor's wage was just a touch over a million dollars. To be saying all these poor students, I mean, they've got to pay fifty grand for an arts degree. Who can help them when the vice chancellor is sitting on a million. And I'm not saying he doesn't deserve it. I'm just saying the contrast is quite stuck.
Speaker 4: Indeed, and I had to laugh at his quote because by saying that an arts degree isn't worth fifty grandy, you've just basically embitted. These things are bloody useless. Let's not forget. We have one of the fairest systems in the world when it comes to help debt. When it comes to he's debt, and the students only start repaying that debt once they have reached the threshold, once they are earning enough. Then the government says, okay, time to pay up, and they take it incrementally each year and hopefully over those years you start earning more. So to say that someone's degree is going to be so useless to them and fetch them so little money you know in the future career that fifty grands, say, over the course of seven years, is going to be too much for them to be able to carve out. You've just admitted these degrees are useless. You are not setting your students up for careers or any kind of job in which they can earn enough to pay the rent, pay food, have some sort of quality of life and pay off the degree that got them to where wherever they are at the time. And let's not forget these are the same unis who, firstly where their biggest funds are already by virtue of the government, we the taxpayer, are already fitting the bill for our universities like nothing else. That's their main source of funding, the government i e. Us the taxpayer. And how do they repay us? How do they repay us? We have seven hundred and thirty thousand university students in this country as I speak, who are all internationals, and the UNIS will give them placements over Australian students who have just as good a grades, but the internationals pay up front and almost four times as much. So the universities go stuff you, ouzzi students. Your grades are just as good, but your money's not. We're going to give these guys the placements while we're the taxpayer fund these same universities that dumb their noses at Ozzie's and then want to pretend, oh, we care so much government, can you give us some more because these useless degrees you know that we keep giving to everyone, they're not going to be able to repay fifty grand I mean, it's it's utterly nonsense.
Speaker 1: And they so want the money from these international students. By the way, I mean you said seven hundred thousand.
Speaker 4: Or more, seven hundred and thirty thousand.
Speaker 1: Yeah, one in thirty people in this country is an international student. It's quite incredible, it is orally do they want these international students. They want them and their money so bad they're dishing out degrees though most of these students can barely speak a word of English and have hardly understood their lectures, according to whistleblowers who've spoken to the Guardian. Now a number of anonymous lecturers and students have spoken of their.
Speaker 2: Experiences have listened to this.
Speaker 1: This is from an arts subject tutor who told the Media organization about international students. Most can't speak, write, or understand basic English. They use translators or text capture to translate the lectures and tutorials, translation aids to read the literature, and chat GPT to generate ideas. Goes on to say it's mind blowing that you can walk away with a master's degree in a variety of subjects without being able to understand a sentence. Now, it went on to talk about a former lecturer at Flinders University who reckon that fifty percent of students in his tutorials had quote obvious language difficulties.
Speaker 2: He said he frequently failed.
Speaker 1: International students because there were high suspicions they had used AI to write their assignments. But then when those international students appear yield, they were invariably passed. Now, I should point out Flinda's University denied those claims, but it just goes to the point that Liz was saying. Universities are so hungry for money, and there were numerous people that gave their account of what's happening in our Sandstone universities that you've got international students who can barely speak English, clearly aren't understanding what's being said in lectures, and yet are getting master's degree.
Speaker 3: And that's the biggest problem with Australian universities now is that they have simply turned into cash cars. And I've been saying it for years and I still maintained the worst thing that ever happened to the tertiary education system in this country was when the Gillard government uncapped enrollments, because it opened the floodgates for every man and his dog to go to university, including children, or some of them were children, but some of them are over eighteen as well, but kids who really shouldn't be there. They should be doing apprenticeships or other jobs because they simply don't have the academic aptitude. But they are forced through the sausage machine at school to believe that they must go to university because if they don't go to university, they are somehow subhuman and they're not as good as the rest of their classmates, so that you've got to do that. So they go off and get a degree that's not of any use to them whatsoever. And they come out the other side and they can't get a job because they're not terribly interested in what they study or and I think the number is something like half of students who enrolled don't actually end up finishing their degree. But the university doesn't mind that as long as they can make it through a year, because once they've made it through a year, the university gets the government funding. That's all the university cares about. If we keep them enrolled long enough for us to get the money out of the government, then it's all hunky dory. That is what has happened to the tertiary education system. Instead of it being a place of academic excellence, that is, training people to go out and be the next generation of workers and thinkers, etc. They are just completely money hungry. And without the federal government stepping in and intervening and saying we've got to get back to basics here, universities are not there to generate cash. They're there for the betterment of the country. And by the way, we the government pulled the purse strings, so you're going to do what we damn will tell you. That's what they need to be told. And I'll even suggest bold idea that we go back to pre Whitlam University situation, which was and everyone credits Whitlam with having given everyone free university, which is true to some degree. But before Whitlam, under Mensis, you had Commonwealth scholarships which were essentially free university by any other name, except they were just given to people who had academic aptitude, whereas Whitlam just said, well all comers can have it. Why don't we go back to Commonwealth scholarships and encourage people who have genuine academic aptitude to get into university and then say, all you other people who don't need to be here because you're studying arts degrees and whatever else that's of no use to society. Bagger off and go and get a job I can. We'd be much better off.
Speaker 4: Take up a trade. You will be far more useful to society. And hey, no hextet whatsoever. Let's go to South Australia now, where a new campaign has launched. It's called your reference Ain't Relevant. This campaign seeks to ensure legislative change. That change would mean that people who are going to court accused of child sex abuse will not be able to use character references.
Speaker 3: Now.
Speaker 4: This campaign launched in New South Wales just last year and there's now a review underway, so it's already gotten Some Traction Act also has a review underway into the same now they're targeting in South Australia. This campaign is headed up by Harrison James, who himself is a survivor of child's abuse. Here's a good quote from him. He says, for me, this work, this is my justice, This is my form of justice. This is me regaining what I lost for all those years and turning that pain into a genuine purpose. The thing that keeps me going is the thought that survivors will benefit from our campaign, and survivors will gain a sense of faith when they pursue the justice system as well. We all know that these cases are notoriously hard to prosecute, and something that this campaign raises is when someone has had the bravery that it takes to pursue a case like this and go to court, do they really have to sit through character references talking about what a wonderful person their alleged perpetrator is. We all know that a great many evil people are actually quite charming. It's not hard for them to have other people in their lives who will vouch for their character because they've never known that person to do anything wrong at all. I'm reminded of the infamous Ted Bundy when he was accused of his heinous crimes. Everyone in his community couldn't believe it. His church, community, his workplace, none of them believed it because they thought he was a peach. They thought he was a wonderful guy. There had to be a mistake here, and so it just seems to me like a very common sense measure that these sadly previous people who have had to bear this grave injustice, that they would go after this and to see such a change happen. I would hope that it's kind of a no brainer for every state.
Speaker 3: Well, you'd have to think so, right. This is Harrison James and Jared Griis is also involved in the campaign, speaking about it when they kicked it off in New South Wales last year.
Speaker 5: Child sexual abuses, by definition of their crimes, do not have a good character. They are predatory by instinct, and grooming of their victims' families, friends, schools, churches and communities is part of their standard method. Their so called good character cannot be separated from the evil they perpetrate. On the most vulnerable victims of all children.
Speaker 6: Yet our law says that the good character and lack of previous convictions of a convicted child sexual abuser on matters of relevance and mitigating factors that are to be taken into account on sentencing. Often their sentences include no prison time at all, largely because the sentencing judges find that they, apart from sexually abusing a child, but otherwise of good character.
Speaker 3: I mean, how brave are these to blokes? And they put it so succinctly there Why this is important? I mean, if you have been convicted of a child sexual offense and you're now facing sentencing, I mean, what does it matter if you were a member of the lines club for twenty years, or you served on the local PNC at the school, or you were the president of the cricket club. It doesn't matter. When you have been a child abuser and has been proven in a court of law that you were a child abuser, the rest of it goes out the window. You are now scum of the earth. Why should a judge be taking into account that someone else thinks you're a good guy? And by the way, who I don't understand why you would write a character reference for someone once you know that they are a child abuser, like even if they are your closest friend in life. And I get that, it's really difficult to come to grips with that. I mean, god forbid, it's your own father or mother or whatever, right and as a child, you're trying to grapple with the idea that this person you've loved your whole life is actually a bad person. But it's one thing to have that cognitive dissonance going on in your mind. It's another to put pen to paper and go into a courtroom and say, actually, despite this person having abused a child, I think they're a good person and they should be given a more lenient sentence.
Speaker 1: And as was explained in the video, for a victim to sit there and hear that this person, aside from the fact they sexually abused you, is an otherwise standing sizon is just salt to the wound. By the way, if this story is distressing or raises issues for you, Lifeline are a wonderful place of support. We've got a number on the bottom of the screen you can call and speak to someone there if that would be of help. Let's talk about Israel for a moment, because they've had a pretty good week taking out two gold medals, or should I say two terrorists. The military commander of Hezbillah and the political leader of Hamas both assassinated in separate attacks, one in Beirut and one in Tehran in the last forty eight hours. The leader of Hamas, or at least the political leader, here's some vision of him on October seven.
Speaker 2: Can you believe it?
Speaker 1: He's watching the rist attack take place and then stops to pray and give thanks to Allah for the death of Jews.
Speaker 2: Love love, Well, he just got his just desserts.
Speaker 1: He was in Tehran for the inauguration of Iran's new president, and he was there with leaders of other terrorist organizations and just hours before he was killed by what's believed to be in Israel strike. He was in a meeting for, as I said, the inauguration of the new president, where they're all shouting death to Israel. Have a look, as I said, jokes on him. Just hours later, death to Israel. It was an Israeli bomb. We believe that ended his life. As well as that. There was the Hezbala commander who it's believed organized the bomb that struck a soccer field, killing twelve children just the other day. But he's been wanted by not just Israeli officials but the US since nineteen eighty three, when he was responsible for the death of three hundred French and American soldiers in a bomb in Beirut. There was a five million dollar bounty on his head. He's now been assassinated as well Israel, making the point it doesn't matter where you go or where you hide, they can get to you, which should be a warning to all terrorists. Peter Dutton, the opposition leader, is in Israel at the moment. Here's what he told Shari Markson earlier this evening.
Speaker 7: We know that Hamas is a terrorist organization. We know that they were responsible for the brutal slaughter literally all over Longereriod of time, thousands of people, and we know that with the mastermind behind the October seven atrocities. So like we know with al Qaeda and other terrorist organizations, they pose a threat to our way of life. They certainly pose an existential threat to the Israeli people, and you would expect the Israelis to take action, particularly given the slaughter that took place on October seven.
Speaker 2: What do you think, Caleb, good day for Israel.
Speaker 3: Well, I mean, you know, they've gained a couple of scalps. It's by no means the they are they are big South, but it's by no means the end of the war, right And for every person who gets knocked out of Hamas, they've got another one who comes and fits the bill basically. And of course this fellow lived over in Qatar. It didn't live anywhere near near Gaza, so you know, it sort of sort of tells you where he was at. And of course a lot of the criticism of Israel has been that they have engaged in wholesale bombing in Gaza and that has led to a large depth hole for civilians, and that that their attacks should be somewhat more targeted. And these attacks are, of course somewhat more targeted. The danger though, of course, is that it may lead to escalation of the war. And of course it happened in Iran, and we know that Iran, through its funding of outfits like Hisbollah and the Hooties and Hamas, etc. Is willing for war against Israel. So whether or not this opens the door to further danger remains to be seen. But I mean, you know, it's on one hand, was it the right thing to do, Yes, of course it was the right thing to do. Should they have done it right now? I don't know. It may be inflammatory at this particular point in time.
Speaker 4: I think we've gone past the fear of escalation, and let's not forget. In the last few days, the West, namely America, has been begging NETANYAHUO, please do not escalate this war. Please do not escalate this war. And that's exactly what we've seen with them bombing Beirutes. You bombed the capital of Lebanon. I mean previously they had also bombed be Route to take out another Hamas leader in January, but before that they hadn't bombed bay routes since the thirty four Day War of two thousand and six, So there.
Speaker 3: Was relative.
Speaker 4: Best as you could, peace in that particular area, and that has now been ruined. Of course, HESBLA has now just said you've bombed Lebanon's capital, this is our turf. We are going to exact revenge. Iran has said the same because of this leader who's now been taken out. Both of them just within hours of each other. And this is exactly the escalation that I was talking about last week when we heard Netnya who address Congress that instead of this war wrapping up, you are escalating this. And Netnya, who appears to be and has been for quite some time now, leveragingtober seven to create a larger conflict in the area, to create a regional war, and with America begging him not to do this, I agree, Caleb, this is not the best timing. Nobody is saying we don't want these guys dead. We want them dead. But the way that they've gone about this, I fear is just going to get what I suspect is Netnyahu's wish, and that is a more regional war. And let's not forget America is not in a good way at the moment. They're thirty five trillion dollars in debt, they're still in Iraq, they're still in Syria, They've sent one hundred and seventy five billion dollars to Ukraine. We do not need another all out war. And this concerns us here in Australia because, of course, any a war that America gets involved in with boots on the ground or sending money there. We are to Australia. We've done it countless times before, and we would out let's be doing it again. We don't want to be dragged into World War three. I said it last week. These stipulations that Netnya, who made to Congress as to when and why he would end this war, were completely unrealistic. Complete demilitarization, complete deradicalization. You have just radicalized generations by killing forty thousand people in Gaza. They will not forget, they will not forgive, And eradicating Hamas is in fact impossible because it is an ideology. So for everyone that you take out, and for every single woman and child, and there's twenty five thousand of them no longer alive in Gaza, you have created probably about one hundred Jihadis per head who want to exact revenge on that death.
Speaker 3: But I suppose is Israel than expected to be the bigger man.
Speaker 4: So so man twelve twelve hundred versus forty, they have their retribution. You're not eradicated, but it is decer sure.
Speaker 3: But his attacks Golan Heights and then in response Israel attacks Hezbala. So is Israel expected to not retaliate. I guess is the problem here, and I know that.
Speaker 4: Raelis they weren't even Israelis. I fear that excuses are being made to heighten. Like I said last week in Congress, Netnyahu made it very clear what he wanted. We're not scaling back, We're not ending this. Here are completely unrealistic terms in order for me to end it. He wants to go back to the prior to two thousand and six status quo in Gaza. Nobody will ever agree to them.
Speaker 2: There's a lot to unpack this. There's two things. I take exception two. One.
Speaker 1: I take exception to this the assertion that Israel escalating things by going after those who attack them in the first place. Whenever Israel defend themselves, then israeli accused of escalating things.
Speaker 2: Her mus are escalating things by.
Speaker 1: Continuing to hold more than one hundred civilians hostage. Has for are escalating things by lobbing hundreds of missiles every day into northern Israel and have done ever since October seven, and say they'll continue to do so. He must escalate things by having in their charter that they will not stop until Israel is destroyed. And as for radicalizing a new generation Harmas teach that the Jews must be destroyed.
Speaker 2: They teach it in their schools.
Speaker 1: Benjamin Nett and Yao who Benjamin Netan Yahoo is radicalizing nobody her must have radicalized Palestinians. They are responsible. And to set the home sheet home, the blame to Israel.
Speaker 2: I'm doing it of Israel.
Speaker 1: You would never expect of any other nation on earth, Every sovereign.
Speaker 6: Nation not.
Speaker 4: Put words in my mouth. I did not simply saying this is escalating. The West has begged Israel not to do this, and that is precisely what they've done.
Speaker 3: I don't think there is There is simply no.
Speaker 4: End in sight. If this is going to keep up, hesbelarender now fight Israel. Well, now we've got to fight back with even stronger power. There is no end in sight. If it's just going to be.
Speaker 1: The world demands that her Maus surrender, their leaders, give up the hostages and relinquished power. That's the end of this, and that could happen if the world agreed. That should happen. But the world keeps equivocating between terrorists and Israel and has zero moral clarity and that's why this continues.
Speaker 4: Everyone in Gaza supports Hermas. Everyone in Gaza supports herm us so to say that, oh, we will not stop until they're completely eradicated. That means you're never stopping. That means we're looking at World War III with Iran.
Speaker 1: You can't live with your next door neighbors committed to your destruction.
Speaker 4: They have lived with their next or name.
Speaker 2: Twelve hundreds are now dead in one.
Speaker 4: Day, forty thousand palace days since the forty thousands on Israel are now dead. At what point can you not go okay, this, this has got to stop.
Speaker 3: The reality is that war never ends in that region. It never in It won't for as long as there are Islam's terrorists under traue.
Speaker 4: Will never add relative peace in the Middle East. Until two over seven we had relative they always swap bombs. Would laugh like that.
Speaker 1: They wouldn't say, well, it's only a few bombs being loved over Asia relative.
Speaker 4: They Israel will not stop this assault until everyone who hates Israel is eradicated.
Speaker 3: That's far too.
Speaker 1: Many hates is to a looser word, everyone who demands the destruction of Israel is eradicated.
Speaker 2: They have every right to do that.
Speaker 4: Okay, Okay, so we should just defend carpet bomb Iran carpet bomb, not carpet bomb. You just said until everyone who isn't committed to Israel's destruction, until they're.
Speaker 2: All determined to destroy a mass as they should be.
Speaker 4: That is far too many people that you're talking about.
Speaker 1: So you just live with terrorists to continue to terrorize your people, and you just say we wouldn't do it.
Speaker 4: In Australia has said we will stop when Israel stops. The fuities have said.
Speaker 3: Stop, they won't stop. I don't think either of those two situations are particularly born out in reality. I mean, you can't carpet bomb the whole joint, but nor can you expect Israel to just pack up stumps.
Speaker 4: And I'm not saying that, I'm simply saying you can never eradicate her Maas. Okay, that is a furfey. They have decimated them, they have not eradicated them. And if the end is only in sight once they're completely eradicated, then the end will never be in sight. It is time to wrap this up. Want to perpetuate this Just incredible bloodshed, and the most of which are innocents.
Speaker 2: You know, sometimes in the let debate we get so called up in the argument. The producers in areas say that's enough. That's enough.
Speaker 1: You've got to go to an ad break. So we're going to go to an ad break. We'll be back in a moment.
Speaker 2: Welcome back.
Speaker 1: Let's take a look at what's making news tomorrow. Liz, you've got the career mail.
Speaker 3: Would you believe it?
Speaker 4: Australia we are standing accused of doping two Chinese swimmers who were reefed from the Beijing Olympics, and apparently it was all our fault.
Speaker 3: Check this out.
Speaker 4: It's on the front page of the Advertiser, It's on the front page of the Daily Telly, and it's on the front page of the Courier. Male China's bizarre drugs beef with ossies playing silly burgers. The Courier mail reads, the Paris Olympics swim meet has exploded with a doping scandal after revelations two members of the Chinese team had been overturned by claiming their positive tests were the result of the pair eating a lunch of contaminated Australian burger meat, fries and a soft drink the pair, including relay swimmer Tang Mouhann, tested positive to the same steroids. Arnold Schwarzenegger used to beef himself up and now it's all our fault. What on earth, what is in our burgers? God, we're hoping Chinese swimmers they must think.
Speaker 3: We came down in the last shower. Seriously, and this is not the first time that China has been able to get away with blue murder when it comes to doping and how it's been treated by WADA, the World Anti Doping authority. Remember the story I think it was earlier this year of twenty three again swimmers, Chinese swimmers who were tested by CHINADA, which is the Chinese antidoping agency back in twenty twenty one, and they were found to test positive to trima tazardine. I don't know what trima tazadine actually does, but twenty three of them tested positive. But then Chinadas said, oh, it was contamination, and then they just handed those findings over to WADA, and WADA said, you butte buddy, all good. Twenty three of them tested positive, and then the Chinese Antidoping Agency, which of course you know, in a communist, corrupt country, like China. They would never diddle their stuff like that, would they. They tell Wada it's all good, and Wada says it's okay. These people get their ban overturned because they said their maccas burger was tainted.
Speaker 2: Seriously that There's two problems I have with this story.
Speaker 1: One is what sort of elite athletes are munching on maccas?
Speaker 3: What the heck there are to be honest, it's going to be better than a lot of what else you get in China.
Speaker 1: Here's my other problem with this story, and this is the one that's personal for me, that they ate McDonald's burgers and therefore consumed steroids that are the same that helped Arnold Schwarzenegger developed body masks.
Speaker 2: I've been eating macas for years. What's gone wrong? Nothing, no results at all? Does so annoyed by this?
Speaker 4: Get your money back? Get your money back, or maybe we put something a little special in the ones that we send to Beijing.
Speaker 3: I just I don't get it, because Australian meat isn't doped up with all that stuff anyway. And the fact that Wada actually accepted it, Sure you can have your ban over to and oh you just had a bit of cheeky macas. I mean, by Evan's sake, if they ever put a breath Eliza on the front of this building, I'm gonna have a lot of trouble getting in here. But I'm just going to say because it's I smooched someone beforehand who had been drinking, and then it's all fine to me. I got doped.
Speaker 1: Remember we talked about a Japanese athlete who was sacked from the team because she was fond of smoking.
Speaker 3: She had a cigarette, which was nine Chinese athletes eat macas and dope and they're allowed to compete. And japan says, if you have a cigarette and a drink when you're underage, you can't even compare. This incredible, isn't it. Let's go to the Australian where it says tomorrow urgent plea to close the political gap. Interesting story this one. Labor will seek a new bipartisan approach to closing the gap between Aboriginal Australians and the rest of the country. Is bureaucrats tightening grip on Indigenous policy making is blamed for a calamitous backslide in suicide and incarceration rates. Now This is Malandari McCarthy, who's taken over from Linda Bernie as the new Indigenous Affairs Minister, is making her first order of business to go over to the opposition and say, well, can we come up with some shared policies here to deal with closing the gap after the great debacle of the Voice. You can hardly blame them for going to try and come up with some by part policy because it didn't really work for them last time. Going out on a limb.
Speaker 2: Do you know how the sharing is going to go?
Speaker 1: So label will share their policy ideas, let me demonstrate it's a blank page, and then they'll take this into prices policy ideas which are quite extensive, as published in the Australian magazine recently, some really good policies. So I think this is pretty smart. I mean, we all want to see bipartisanship. Wouldn't it be great if everybody just agreed, let's do this do it well?
Speaker 2: But you have to, I mean, Lizia.
Speaker 4: And this is an issue where there should be a bipartisan approach. We all knew that obviously the Voice wasn't bipartisan, but that was because it didn't promise there was no proof that it would result in an increased quality in life for any Indigenous Australians, whereas and neither do many of them on a state level either the cultural heritage laws, et cetera, and so on. It's not like Indigenous Australians are like, oh, thank you so much. Our incarceration rates, our suicide rates have plummeted, Thanks so much for that. If we can just get together and focus on the basics, the DV in certain Indigenous communities, the child sex abuse in certain Indigenous communities, how can we not make the main things the main things for five minutes or just long enough to exact change, especially when the taxpayer is funneling over forty billion dollars every year into Indigenous communities. Where are the KPIs? Why are none of them being achieved? We've been hacking away at this for decades. So I'm actually all four of bipartisan approach. If it's going to get us any real time results that we can point to and say, yes, we've done the right thing by.
Speaker 3: These guys, wouldn't that be good?
Speaker 2: Now?
Speaker 3: I was going to go through some other stories on the front of the ODS, but there's actually a much better story on the front of the Newcastle Herald, which I believe you have in your hot little hands.
Speaker 1: Let's speak of sports. This is the big sports story of the day. The Newcastle Herald headline reads speed Wobble. I's believed to have been found dumped in a skip In has given the condition of the new Newcastle Beach skate Park the worst possible rating on the eve of the projects completion, citing dozens of cases of concrete chipping and cracking and signs of corrosion. Now this was quite a controversial skate park because it was built right on the beach and the council had been worn that it's going to be all sorts of maintenance issues being right on the beach. It took longer to build than the first stage of the John Hunter Hospital and cost twenty million dollars.
Speaker 2: There are more than fifty cases.
Speaker 1: Of concrete cracking, chipping, and so I don't think we're going to have any Olympic skateboarders coming from Newcastle if that is a sort of facility that they'd be better off going to Macas and the counter we're to go to a break, we'd stick around until be back in just a moment. Well, there's a number of workplaces where you just shouldn't drink alcohol, but a childcare center is probably one of the ones where you really shouldn't put a childcare work in New Zealand has been disciplined charged with serious misconduct after she poured vodka into a Gatorade bottle and drank that while on the job. Look at that headline childcare worker disguised vodka as gatorade tribunal fines. It goes on to say staff described to her demeanor at a staff meeting later that day.
Speaker 2: As very over the top.
Speaker 1: The tribuna was told she was uncharacteristically happy, greeted other teachers in an overly friendly manner, slurred her words, was unfocused, disruptive, confused, and sipped alcohol during the meetings. Liz and Caleb, can you believe this?
Speaker 3: I didn't see what the problem is. I mean, how the hell I work at ten o'clock at night? You know, how do you expect me to get through all of this with add a little bit of vodka in my Gatorade bottle? I think that's quite fair.
Speaker 2: Just explained so much of your commentary on this program.
Speaker 3: Caleb indeed, it explains why it's so good, because it just loosens me up and gets me going.
Speaker 4: So, what's in your mug every night? Nobody?
Speaker 3: Actually, you do not mean to give away the trade secrets. Goodness, I can.
Speaker 4: Smell it on his brain. I'm going to have.
Speaker 3: Management on my back. Oh, for goodness sake.
Speaker 2: Just quickly, can I tell you my favorite part of this story?
Speaker 1: The article says, towards the end of the meeting, a person realized she was drunk and tip the alcohol down the drain. And then it adds this and put the bottle in a recycling bit.
Speaker 4: Saving the kids and saving the planet in one. But before we go tonight, you've got to check out this image. It has gone viral of a surfer called Gabriel from Brazil. He has scored the highest score ever in any surfing Olympic competition. Check out this photo. One wonders how these guys even survive. He is just flying there. I don't know if any of you have caught any of the surfing, but it is truly death defying what these guys are doing. Interhediot moment. I'm just watch and I'm clenching everything, just going, are you gonna survive?
Speaker 2: Is it worth it?
Speaker 1: I thought you're about to say, I don't know if any of you guys have ever caught a wave. I'm thinking, look at us, do we look like I'm caught away?
Speaker 4: You haven't eaten enough or the burger pat.
Speaker 1: You've got a nine point nine for the surf, But the photographers who got a ten out of ten for that.
Speaker 3: Fat well one hundred percent. And I'll tell you what, if I were out there catching that wave, I'd need a bit of my gatorade afterwards to calm down. I heard one of the surfers saying the other day that that was like the most dangerous position he'd ever been in in his life. But I have to say, after watching some of the skateboarding, which was awful, by the way, there's no skills whatsoever. These are the true athletes out there ripping it up on the waves.
Speaker 2: That's from us. Stick around, Recha Petey show is coming up in just a moment.